Incoming Mounts??

Incoming Mounts??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

so when can we make “I want mounts” post a ban-able offense?

Mounts work against the core of the game which are DEs

Changing WP fees works against the core of the game DEs

what are they working on for the next six months to get folks back in the open world? DEs

Stop making posts like this and start making core DE raid group post in the DE forum

Mounts don’t have to conflict with DEs.

Mounts could be restricted to specific mount-related content. Such as, for an obvious example, a racing mini-game type thing! Players could enter (with their mounts) in cultural racing events and work their way up to World Championships. And win, I dunno, stuff. Mount enhancements! Access to more mounts! Ascended mounts! And just because your character is (by way of example) a human doesn’t mean you can’t have a (by way of example) charr-cycle.

The table is a fable.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Tachenon.5270 Mounts could be restricted to specific mount-related content. Such as, for an obvious example, a racing mini-game type thing! Players could enter (with their mounts) in cultural racing events and work their way up to World Championships. And win, I dunno, stuff. Mount enhancements! Access to more mounts! Ascended mounts! And just because your character is (by way of example) a human doesn’t mean you can’t have a (by way of example) charr-cycle.
That worked out so well for town clothes. If I cant ride my horse over the Gendarran Fields there’s no point in Anet spending time and resources on it.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Hello, I’m here to crush your dreams.

Fair’s fair notice – If you post it I get to comment on it.

Lots of dreams have been crushed recently.

Have a nice day!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Fair’s fair notice – If you post it I get to comment on it.

Lots of dreams have been crushed recently.

Have a nice day!

It’s funny as it actually worked!
You rock, Regina!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well at least we get a broomstick hops on WEEEEEEEEEE- oh wait, no speed boost

Which is rather disappointing that they are releasing a Riding Broom.

The Witch Outfit that came with the Halloween Event was a limited time only costume. It came with a Riding Broom and the only way to get it was to buy it during the Halloween Event. So people that have the Witch’s Outfit, have a unique item that no one else does.

Now they are releasing a Riding Broom that (from my understanding) is the same as the Riding Broom from the Witch’s Outfit. Makes those who purchased the limited time only costume, waste their money. It’s kind of a downer for those that bought the item thinking they had something unique, and then a few months later, they sell the best part of the item to everyone else, making those who bought it before, waste their money on a full costume for the broom while others can just buy the broom separately now.

If you bought the costume just to show off that you have something other players don’t I’d say you missed the point.

But I think (hope) that most people who bought it did so because they like it and they won’t care how many people also have it or how they got it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

“It’s a new year, which means all-new items and a redesigned favorite in the Gem Store!

From Baby Quaggan Backpacks to Riding Brooms to the revamped Box o’ Fun, you’ll find it all in the Gem Store!"

Riding Brooms! Can it be anything else than a mount?! maybe even a flying one?

We’ve been asking for mounts since beta, that’s awesome if I you implement them. (But please not just in the Gem Store! )

they had a broom like this that came with the witches costume at halloween, it’s pretty fun for a bit.

Elyl Jrend

Incoming Mounts??

ophidic.1279

The Witch Outfit that came with the Halloween Event was a limited time only costume. It came with a Riding Broom and the only way to get it was to buy it during the Halloween Event. So people that have the Witch’s Outfit, have a unique item that no one else does.

Now they are releasing a Riding Broom that (from my understanding) is the same as the Riding Broom from the Witch’s Outfit. Makes those who purchased the limited time only costume, waste their money. It’s kind of a downer for those that bought the item thinking they had something unique, and then a few months later, they sell the best part of the item to everyone else, making those who bought it before, waste their money on a full costume for the broom while others can just buy the broom separately now.

If you bought the costume just to show off that you have something other players don’t I’d say you missed the point.

I personally don’t care if others have the opportunity to get the broom again, I bought it with money, why should I care if others also buy it with money? shrugs

Elyl Jrend

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

We had some mounts in GW1, but I don’t see it fitting in GW2.

Attachments:

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Wheezy.2846

Wheezy.2846

I don’t want mounts. Please please please NEVER put them in this game. Thank you.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

so when can we make “I want mounts” post a ban-able offense?

Mounts work against the core of the game which are DEs

Changing WP fees works against the core of the game DEs

what are they working on for the next six months to get folks back in the open world? DEs

Stop making posts like this and start making core DE raid group post in the DE forum

Mounts don’t have to conflict with DEs.

Mounts could be restricted to specific mount-related content. Such as, for an obvious example, a racing mini-game type thing! Players could enter (with their mounts) in cultural racing events and work their way up to World Championships. And win, I dunno, stuff. Mount enhancements! Access to more mounts! Ascended mounts! And just because your character is (by way of example) a human doesn’t mean you can’t have a (by way of example) charr-cycle.

I understand your desire here.

But again it would end up being a negitive to the core of the game. We already have too many negitives at this time.

It is great theu are reworking DEs which is what is needed since they are the core element of this game.

Again no mounts ever.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

How does that go against the DEs?

People said already several times that they don’t have to come with higher speed and that don’t have to be used in combat and that they don’t have to fly.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Fun! Nerf it!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

There will be no mounts coming with the Flame and Frost story arc.

Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.

Thank you.

you successfully crushed my dreams. now im sad.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Personally, I hope GW2 never introduces mounts. Getting around on foot and by waypoints (those that aint constantly contested anyway) is fine.

I can see it now, we’d get ground mounts and some folks will be happy for a little while. Then the cry will go up for flying mounts. No thanks to either.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Also, to address further speculation we’ve seen about the concept art for Flame and Frost (and what it may portend): there will be no Cantha and no dragons coming with the Flame and Frost story arc, either.

Thank you.

But you haven’t ruled out unicorns.

ANET SAYS WE’RE GETTING UNICORNS!

Ladies and gentlemen, Flame and Frost patch confirmed for unicorns.

Attachments:

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

@ arrownin I died a bit inside If that was true Charr would be unstoppable.

But a bit lore-wise. Thera was discussion that maybe all horses and other ride-able creatures went extinct along with Margoyls.

Incoming Mounts??

ophidic.1279

I don’t want mounts. Please please please NEVER put them in this game. Thank you.

As I recall, they said there would never be mounts, ESPECIALLY not flying ones.

Elyl Jrend

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

What if they added a flying mount of Logan Thackeray with fairy wings?

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

I miss my wolf from Warhammer. Actually, I just miss Warhammer.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

IMO mount would be cool, and i have said this in a few posts, even if they didnt make you run faster i like the look of them and the work you need to do to get them, just mounting up and exploring with your guildies would be just something alittle extra.

But as i see it atm they are working on alot of other stuff, and that stuff i cant wait to see, altho im abit slow i havent done 60% of the map, so i still have alot to see…

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

How come horses are often seen in concept art and mentioned in the backstory (in EoD for example) but they never appear in the game (besides the Necrid Horseman and the Celestial Horse)? Do you want to prevent players from thinking they are mounts? (There are so many other cool things you can do with a horse, like pet it, or feed it, or both at the same time! You can also stare at it awkwardly!)

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

How does that go against the DEs?

People said already several times that they don’t have to come with higher speed and that don’t have to be used in combat and that they don’t have to fly.

IF mounts would come.
first people would demand higher speed. Even though few say they wouldnt mind having them at you regular speed

Second they would whine if they get hit by a mob and get dismounted which would be mandatory to not interfere with DEs

Mount are like fractal and dungeons. Both of which server a fraction of the player base.

DEs are a core element of open world if not the game as a whole.

Mount should never be added.

We have WPs that is our shot cuts. They are setup to make us still go though the open world to get us to do DEs

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Incoming Mounts??

Pirlipat.2479

This is what you think, but it does not necessarily have to be.^^ I for my part am happy about this “broom mount” even though it’s only town clothes and I would like more options like this one.^^

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

a humanoid cat riding a horse is lol.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

To fit mounts with the lore, Tyrians could always enslave the horseman in some future expansion…

Or learn to rise Moas.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen, Flame and Frost patch confirmed for unicorns.

Seems LEGIT!

Can’t wait for them to appear!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: InfiniteMana.4917

InfiniteMana.4917

No mounts, not ever, please.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

Thank you.

Nothing there about not getting monkeys.

WE’RE GETTING MONKEYS WITH GUILD EMBLEMS AND SMALL BACKPACKS TO CARRY OUR STUFF!

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Ahkaskar.3906

Ahkaskar.3906

We already have mounts, they’re called siege golems.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Thank you.

thank you a lot for that post.

i was really worried that i would have to see mounts in gw2 and im glad anet doesnt do this mistake.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

But seriously, mounts aside, I am very curious as to why some people seem to hate the very idea. Not looking to argue tastes, I just would like someone to say why are they so much opposed to mounts.

I don’t want mounts, but if they were added I would want them to:

Not provide combat advantages.
Not provide a speed increase.
Not be useable in WvW.
Not be useable in racial cities and LA.
And no flying mounts. Ever.

This. I bascily would like to just look cool on my mounty mount.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Dunno. People must be really traumatized by WoW or something, to actually hate the idea of mounts so much. What, seeing someone riding sends cold shivers down your back and you get flashbacks of your raid leader yelling at you for being late again?

I think you’re confused. It’s the pointlessness of mounts that makes people groan. Are you that caught up in WoW that you can’t see that we have waypoints which means you dont need mounts and wont be late.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Incoming Mounts??

Pirlipat.2479

Minis are pointless from that perspective too. Still they are there and I got to say I like them (like nearly all fluff)

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

But I think (hope) that most people who bought it did so because they like it and they won’t care how many people also have it or how they got it.

I think you missed my point, or I didn’t clarify it well enough. If so, I apologize.

What I meant was, those who bought the Witch’s Outfit, had to pay for a full costume to get the Riding Broom. And we could only get it during the Halloween Event (so those who enjoy the uniqueness had that as well).

The problem I see now, is that now players can buy just the Riding Broom by itself. What was originally an exclusive to the Witch’s Outfit that was a limited time offer and we had to pay full price for, players are now going to get as a standalone item and (I would assume) at a cheaper price.

It means those who bought the costume for the Costume Brawl, just wasted their money. Because the Riding Broom is the item for Costume Brawls. But we had to pay full price for the whole costume while now, others can just buy the broom and that’s it.

Just expressing that I, personally, feel ripped off and like I wasted money.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This. I bascily would like to just look cool on my mounty mount.

Almost every other game with mounts seems to screw that up and end with ugly/gaudy/immersion breaking mounts. Maybe ANet can avoid that. Is it worth the risk? I don’t think so but that is just my opinion of course.

Also given how the game tends to scale effects/weapons/etc, do you realize how stuff you can end up blocking off with a Norn on a mount?

OTOH Asura riding through the waves on a shark … mmm tempting.

Incoming Mounts??

Pirlipat.2479

Uhm but you don’t know anything about the price of this broom yet. I for my part would guess it’s about the same price as the whole costume maybe a bit less.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Thank you.

No, Thank you. Happy to see a response. Since I’m against mounts being in the game will there be further revamps to the professions to allow for speed boost options outside of the occasional 33% that was meant for escape? (Such as allowing the Engineer trait Power Shoes to be an out of combat 25% run speed like the seals and signets used by the other professions?) Will there also be this type of option available for other professions?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

……

Thank you.

Living up to the rep, I see…..

Attachments:

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

……

Thank you.

Living up to the rep, I see…..

Watch for what you post…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

FYI I took the pic of that on the walls of the CM’s office at ANet. It’s THEIR picture…

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Imagine if there were flying mounts but then there would be no fly zones or speed limits and ther would be flying mount cops who catch you or you get speed ticket mails sent to you from speed cameras and then when the cop catches you you can try seduce him to let you off it you’re a female (tough luck male toons) and then you could also try to out run the cops and then start a mega flying mount chase only to end crashing down into LA and screen goes black and white with the spinning character with the corner saying.. wasted……..

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

@ arrownin.3128

I felt inspired and obligated to make additions to your awesome picture.

Here is it…

Attachments:

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

We already have cosmetic mounts on guild wars 2. Witch’s broom from halloween is a cosmetic mount.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/There-are-cosmetic-mounts-in-GW2-already/first#post1266730

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They won’t.

And I also agree that making a forum post about mounts should be bannable. This is getting a little ridiculous. People keep making mount threads since day 1 – and since day 1 Anet has said “no”. When will you people learn?

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

You are correct on this. They pretty much outright have been saying since the beginning there’d be no mounts in the game.

Also @that pic with Rytlock riding a unicorn. I lol’d lol

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Dunno. People must be really traumatized by WoW or something, to actually hate the idea of mounts so much. What, seeing someone riding sends cold shivers down your back and you get flashbacks of your raid leader yelling at you for being late again?

I think you’re confused. It’s the pointlessness of mounts that makes people groan. Are you that caught up in WoW that you can’t see that we have waypoints which means you dont need mounts and wont be late.

By that logic, we only need one type of weapon, with only one skill. If it does the job of killing stuff, why have anything else, right.

It is called variety. Generally this is considered a good thing since players can choose what suits them best. Some like teleportation. Others might like riding. And some might like running. Some might even like walking. Which may be pointless to you, but not to everyone.

And I’m not caught up in WoW. People actually equate mounts with that game for some reason.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: artsymptom.9851

artsymptom.9851

Oh my… why people are ruining my happiness saying that we don’t want or don’t need mounts? Let them create the mounts, if you don’t want mounts, don’t use them, I think you will not be bother looking at people riding mounts… If you get mad, that means you are just thinking about yourself, I would say there are like 50/50 who wants mounts, who knows, maybe more… that would not ruin the game, since we see this picture, is obviously that mounts are possible…

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

It’s too late to complain about mounts in GW2, we already have them in the game.

Witch’s broom.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: artsymptom.9851

artsymptom.9851

Yea, but they are not fast enough, good answer TRON.

Incoming Mounts??

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Oh my… why people are ruining my happiness saying that we don’t want or don’t need mounts? Let them create the mounts, if you don’t want mounts, don’t use them, I think you will not be bother looking at people riding mounts… If you get mad, that means you are just thinking about yourself, I would say there are like 50/50 who wants mounts, who knows, maybe more… that would not ruin the game, since we see this picture, is obviously that mounts are possible…

The same could be said in reverse about you as well.

If you get mad cause they aren’t here, that means you are just thinking about yourself. Why should they add them for you? If you want them, go play another game that has them.

Basically, don’t be a hypocrite. Telling people that if they don’t like it, then don’t use it, without even seeing it from their side of they don’t like it, so why should you be allowed to have it?

Yea, but they are not fast enough, good answer TRON.

Except they are nothing like mounts at all. The Broom riding animation is a skill on a weapon. And it’s a limited time only. So not really a good answer at all. He just believes that anything you can sit on is considered a mount.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)