Incorrect Thinking

Incorrect Thinking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Good opening post, good replies. Civil, Constructive, informative, and logical discussions. My type of thread. +1’ed

Oceanic [LOD]

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’ve stumbled upon at least 10 different versions of the same issue on the forums. Berserker gear being the best gear for PvE and no other stats being viable at all. I’ve also stumbled onto some posts that basically said, “If you’re not a full berserker, you’re hurting your team and ruining the game for others”. What kind of thinking is that in an mmorpg?

An mmorpg is just that…. an rpg. When you pretty much have no choice in what gear you use, isn’t that taking away your freedom and the “rpg” part of an mmorpg? I play a tanky, support guardian, and I’ve had people kick me from parties, tell me to go full berserker or quit, and insult me not only in-game but on the forums as well. That thinking is so wrong that I could almost cry about it. Maybe berserker isn’t my playstyle and I want to support others with buffs. Shouldn’t I have that option?

I have also heard players say that I should “adapt” to whatever the current situation demands. That is also the worst argument I’ve ever heard. If your current build is lacking, you should adapt to a better version of that build, not adapt to using a completely different build that you hate using.

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo. I encourage every single player that does not use berserker gear to do the same. Report any players that kick you from parties because of your build, insult you, or demand that you use berserker gear.

You just don’t seem to get it.
You have the option to do ANYTHING you want but just like you everyone else has the option to NOT PLAY WITH YOU – that’s their choice.
Find similar players if you want to go play that way – don’t get upset that nobody wants you.

Your misunderstanding that adapting is the key to improving is amusing but rather sad.
Figure it out already. Adapting means using what’s viable and good.
If something you’re using – say a stick – is not useful in fighting something – say a fire- your strategy is to get a bigger stick?
That’s just so wrong.
You have two choices to adapt :
1) find people that accept your style of play and play with them.
2) get with the current meta of zerker or whatever.

About the reporting – good luck – we are all well within our rights to select like minded individuals. We are well within our rights to select whatever kind of gear we feel we need for our run.
That’s why the vote function is there – if the majority decides then you go right out of the party.

And what about this ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Improve-Certain-Aspects-of-GW2/first#post2991360
You going to make one of these threads every day now? Once the responses don’t go your way you’ll just abandon and keep spamming?

Like I told you in that thread – this isn’t the game you’re looking for.

To all others saying that GW2’s design is flawed because of the dodging mechanic – that is not so.
GW2 is designed around this idea. It is a core concept – if you’re fast and skilled you can negate damage where another player might have to bring toughness or vitality. That’s what makes GW2 skill based – the better you are the faster you can finish content.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Incorrect Thinking

Harper.4173

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo. I encourage every single player that does not use berserker gear to do the same. Report any players that kick you from parties because of your build, insult you, or demand that you use berserker gear.

This is an abuse to the reporting tool. You will be banned if you abuse that system.

Quit being spiteful. It is not against the rules to kick people because you don’t want to play with them.

No, it is not abuse. I will be improving the game by reporting those elitists and getting them banned. So far I’ve reported many of those elitists, and guess how many times I’ve been banned/suspended? None.

Kicking people because you don’t like the gear they’re wearing is right up there with racism. It doesn’t belong here, nor does it warrant kicking people from parties. Kicking people because of their gear is not only rude and disrespectful, but it completely ruins the community. Take a look yourself.

Honestly, people like you are ruining this game. You have this attitude that you should be able to do whatever you want, and people should have to put up with it. You’re incredibly entitled. People don’t HAVE to play with other people. I can kick you out of the party if I want. I could not like your name, I could not like your toons race, it DOESN’T MATTER. I don’t have to play with you if I don’t want to.

You’re like a little kid in first grade that goes up to a game of kickball without shoes on. Then the kids say “No, you’re not wearing shoes, we don’t want you on our team” so then you go and tell the teacher the kids are being racist.

I agree, people do not have to play with me. But starting a dungeon with me in their party and then kicking me halfway through because of my gear is reportable. I am not entitled to much of anything. It is an mmorpg and I should be able to play however the hell I want to play. That’s what an mmorpg implies.

If I felt entitled, like you said, I would be kicking literally every single full berserker player that tries to party with me. Do I do that? No. All I want is equality for all types of gear. I do not kick people because of the gear they wear. I simply report the ones that think they’re better than me because they wear different gear.

What if they kicked you for being bad/slow? What makes you so sure they kicked you because of your gear?
Gear checks are done at the start of a dungeon. All zerker elitists know that. If you passed that gear check then you’re probably kicked for another reason altogether.

Also – would it kill you to say " hey guys – I’m wearing cleric’s over here and doing super mega imba support – do you still want me with you ? ".

You will never have equality for all types of gear – no matter how much they nerf zerker or buff other sets.
There will always be an OPTIMAL SET – if not for all classes than at least for each class. That set will always be required.
At most – there will be 1 optimal set/class / dungeon( encounter ) – that doesn’t mean this won’t be a requirement.

You’re getting kicked today because you don’t have zerker.
That will not change – just that later you will be kicked for not having : knight’s for boss 1 , assasin’s for boss 2, or PVT for boss 3.
People will still kick you because (as you’ve failed to understand every time i’ve told you this) you are not a min/maxer. Whenever you’ll find yourself in a group with min/maxers sooner or later you’ll slow them down and they WILL kick you for it.

not contributing anything however, is kickable.

What if people kicked you, because they felt your gear wasn’t contributing anything…..

That’s the difference. I try my best to contribute with the build that I want to use. So I don’t provide as much dps as a full zerker… but I do provide long duration boons that will help you stay alive a lot longer.

Regarding this – you feel that your contributions are worth wile but in fact they might not be. A zerker player has taught himself to stay alive through skill and speed and use of his own abilities. He doesn’t rely on your boons – so sadly you ARE dragging them down because you’re providing something a good zerker group doesn’t need.
IF you’re playing a dungeon 100% zerker it should be that you’re capable of staying alive on your own or with just the help of other zerker teammates.
Anything besides that is redundant.

(edited by Harper.4173)

Incorrect Thinking

Harper.4173

The elitist has a different ideology: I’ll play the way I want, and if other people don’t play how I want, then they’re bad people and should feel bad. Then, they go around harassing other players who don’t do what the elitist wants, who don’t think what the elitist thinks. “They’re so selfish because they don’t do what I want to do, play the game how I want to play, build the way I want them to build, and how dare they question me when I assume that my way is the unspoken norm?”, the elitist believe. Sincerely. They view other players as insubordinate tools that need to be morphed for their own gain.

Elitism starts as a means to ulterior goals, and in the case of guild wars 2, the primary goal is money. By using specific tactics with specific gear and specific classes, they aim to complete content faster, which gets them digital money quicker. That’s really the only advantage to doing something quicker in this game, since faster doesn’t equate to more enjoyable or even “better” really. Now, there’s always the urge to push oneself further, or to try for an unofficial record run, or to form a group based on performance. But this doesn’t cause the exclusion and the harassment that you see from elitism. No, the driving force must be something that benefits from exclusion and provides some reward for doing so.

Whether it is just people who view others as tools who come here, or if it is regular people who adapt that way of thinking after awhile, elitism has a destructive effect on the community. It fosters superiority complexes. It punishes compromise. It seeks to eliminate diversity. Elitism is essentially the end of negotiation: Do what I want, or go away. From these negative traits, we see a sea of others emerge.

You may have noticed how trollish elitists are. This is no coincidence: To one with a superiority complex, there is nothing to gain from “reasoning”, or “empathy”. To them, it is like being compassionate to an ant on the sidewalk. Because of this, they don’t care to listen, to reason, or to respect. They get peace of mind by you feeling bad, and by you going away, because they see you as something less than worthwhile that also obtrusively takes money from their wallet. This gives them peace of mind to be contradictory, nonsensical, and hypocritical. Their goal was never to be “right” in the first place, for all of the “right” people are the ones that agree with them.

This hostility breeds more hostility from their victims, which in-turn makes the whole game more and more unpleasant for the bystanders. It has gotten to the point that I am hesitant to offer advice, because if I do I’ll be despised for being intolerant and an elitist. Makes you wonder who gave them that notion in the first place, doesn’kitten The idea of segregation in the game is horrible, since it results in different minded people who refuse to cooperate competing for the attention of content developers, which can only end in disappointment for the playerbase.

I’ve found myself quite well described in what you’ve written.
I don’t consider people who don’t play like i do necessarily bad – they’re just of a different mindset – they play it for different reasons.

I play this game for profit – and I will admit it I’m not into the very social aspect of it – I have a great guild with which I chat and hang out but other than that random people in the open world or dungeons don’t interest me as much.
They’re just there to do the content with.
My question to you – since you went on writing such a long post – is how does this make ME the bad guy?
Why does not wanting to share my time with others make me this horrible person?
I have a limited amount of play time – i have a lot of things to do ( as do we all ) and I feel that my time is better spent elsewhere. I need the cash and want to get it fast.
That means actively avoiding people who would slow me down.

But it’s more than that – going slow through a dungeon, wiping, generally failing are things that RUIN the game experience for me. I take far less enjoyment from a dungeon run if we’ve finished it 10 minutes later than we were supposed to and with a few wipes done. It is literally a wasted experience.

We all play these games in order to get a certain release of neurotrasmitters in our heads that tell us we’ve had a good time. Please understand that if the situation above happens this mechanism doesn’t function for me. Slow and inexperienced players literally KILL the experience ( fun, and ejoyability) for me.

Is it so wrong then that I try to avoid them?

Your post borders on exaggeration – how does not wanting to play with someone make them a victim?
If I advertise a group and someone who doesn’t fit with the criteria joins I don’t harass them – I just kick them and that’s that. We both go our separate ways. How is that so wrong? Please explain.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i enjoyed when in spvp thief run out of initiative trying to heartseeking me multiple times with no 2hit kills. they are used to see mesmer down in at least 2 hit. although the build i used in spvp is good only in spvp, i could defend points for very very long time agains 1 enemy, a little less against 2 and fairly short against 3, but usually enough to get my team to back me up or just to stall enemies. although in pve there are more and more things that just one hit you no matter what (mainly new bosses and gauntlet fights) although old content with good toughness and vitality allow you a good rate of survivability. never been kicked from a party or asked to ping gear in pugs, but i can tell you every kick is a waste of time for the kickers and i gladly not party with berserker zealots. (although i don’t hate berserker’s players and i used to use berserker gear in certain content)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree with Harper. Play how you wish… however that’s a two way street. Neither side should be upset about the other in the casual/pro debates. Just find people who wish to play in the same way that you do and there will be no problem.

The LFG tool does a poor job of making this happen though. Some times you don’t have time to read because there is only 1 slot left, some don’t understand English/not your first language, etc. A lot could be done to improve this situation by giving the tool more advanced features.

Seriously right now anyone that gets kicked because they want others to speed up or gets kicked because they weren’t built for speed runs just seems to come onto the forums and it turns into this:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Ok i didn’t read past the OP, but can someone please confirm if i’m right or not?
OP doesn’t want to use zerk gear (fine by me), but he insists on joining groups asking for zerk gear so he can get kicked. He also thinks reporting someone that doesn’t want to play with him is a bannable offense. Lol.

I’m actually impressed by the fact that more than one person actually upvoted him.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

my warrior wears

exotic soldier’s set armor: helm shoulder chest glove pants boots
exotic berserker’s weapons: sword, long bow
exotic soldier’s weapons: warhorn
ascended berserker’s trinkets: back neck accessory accessory
ascended berserker / Valkyrie trinkets: ring ring

not actually full berserker set since my armor is full soldiers set from temple using karma, but i have power as major attribute for all my gear so my attack is at least 3.1k and above without might.

i get a decent amount of critical chance, at least 50% and above with fury and banner of discipline

my critical damage % is nice enough for me as well, i think at least 70% and above which translates into critical 2.2x multiplier

so my warrior is not full berserker.
i party up with my guild members just fine for dungeons, fractals etc.

deals good damage, kills thing fast, does not get downed often. etc.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I think this thread actually gave me cancer.

No 1 shot mechanics in CoE? I sincerely doubt a bunker build could tank Alpha’s AoEs. And Suddenflame’s build being better than Berserker? Sure, go solo Lupi and beat the current record time. Why am I even trying to make sense of this dribble, I see why Cookie bailed.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

you just described full berserker armor…

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Galtrix…I know we don’t always see eye to eye, but I couldn’t agree with this post more. It was always the stated intention of this game that you could play the way you want to…and you can.

But you can’t change human nature either. If you pug dungeons, you’re going to run into people who really believe their way is the only way. That doesn’t make them right.

That’s why I tend to run dungeons with my guild. It’s far more fun for me. It’s not as efficient, but we always tell people to bring the character they think they’d have the most fun playing.

Because at the end of the day…Guild Wars 2 is a game. We should enjoy it.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I will try to run guild dungeons from now on, but I still wish people would become a little more open-minded about how people wish to play.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Incorrect Thinking

Wukunlin.8461

I think this thread actually gave me cancer.

No 1 shot mechanics in CoE? I sincerely doubt a bunker build could tank Alpha’s AoEs. And Suddenflame’s build being better than Berserker? Sure, go solo Lupi and beat the current record time. Why am I even trying to make sense of this dribble, I see why Cookie bailed.

a guardian in a mix of clerics/pvt can facetank alpha aoe easy

Oceanic [LOD]

Incorrect Thinking

Galtrix.7369

Ok i didn’t read past the OP, but can someone please confirm if i’m right or not?
OP doesn’t want to use zerk gear (fine by me), but he insists on joining groups asking for zerk gear so he can get kicked. He also thinks reporting someone that doesn’t want to play with him is a bannable offense. Lol.

I’m actually impressed by the fact that more than one person actually upvoted him.

No, you’re incorrect. I don’t want to use zerk gear. I do not insist on joining groups that ask for zerkers only. I join groups that do not say anything instead of “LFM AC part 2” and I get kicked in the middle of the dungeon because they find out I run cleric gear. I report people that keep kicking me in the middle of dungeons because of my gear. That is a reportable offense.

I was actually beginning to think I was the only sane person on these forums until Vayne and a few others came to my defense.

Incorrect Thinking

champ.7021

An mmorpg is just that…. an rpg. When you pretty much have no choice in what gear you use, isn’t that taking away your freedom and the “rpg” part of an mmorpg? I play a tanky, support guardian, and I’ve had people kick me from parties, tell me to go full berserker or quit, and insult me not only in-game but on the forums as well. That thinking is so wrong that I could almost cry about it. Maybe berserker isn’t my playstyle and I want to support others with buffs. Shouldn’t I have that option?

I have also heard players say that I should “adapt” to whatever the current situation demands. That is also the worst argument I’ve ever heard. If your current build is lacking, you should adapt to a better version of that build, not adapt to using a completely different build that you hate using.

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo.

You’re forgetting the people that think that guardians should only be support. A majority of people in my guild qq about how bad berserkers are that there always downed and blah blah blah blah….
Everyone thinks their build is best stop thinking its just berserker. Go ahead use your support build in dungeons but dont go around getting mad at people for expressing their opinions. I mean you should understand about opinions since you want to express yours

Shouldn’t I have an opinion

number two your build isnt lacky its kitten. When you have a kitten build you dont adapt to a better version cuz thats going to be kitten too or its going to be basically berserker.

Also dont report people for kicking you. Until they add “Elitist” to reporting offences dont do it just because someone is expressing their opinion. This game and the reporting system isnt meant for you to enforce your morality. Its meant to deal with people who actually do something wrong not just kick you because you would slow them down.

Edit: fine report them for kicking you in the middle, although i seriously doubt this happens alot……

Edit numero dos: i dont mean to say in my post that you should be forced to go berserkers. What i am saying is dont not go berserker just to prove youre “better” than it. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face…..
play how you want but also dont think people will like you for it. And most of all this game is an MMO before an RPG and in an mmo you should think about how you fit in the world and you role in it and in dungeons playing how you want should be balanced with playing with a group

my 2 cents (well 4 with the 2 edits…

(edited by champ.7021)

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

No, you’re incorrect. I don’t want to use zerk gear. I do not insist on joining groups that ask for zerkers only. I join groups that do not say anything instead of “LFM AC part 2” and I get kicked in the middle of the dungeon because they find out I run cleric gear. I report people that keep kicking me in the middle of dungeons because of my gear. That is a reportable offense.

I was actually beginning to think I was the only sane person on these forums until Vayne and a few others came to my defense.

Then your problem has nothing to do with gear, it’s all about jerks, you should totally re-do this thread complaining about how the kicking system works.

Incorrect Thinking

Galtrix.7369

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo.

You’re forgetting the people that think that guardians should only be support. A majority of people in my guild qq about how bad berserkers are that there always downed and blah blah blah blah….
Everyone thinks their build is best stop thinking its just berserker. Go ahead use your support build in dungeons but dont go around getting mad at people for expressing their opinions. I mean you should understand about opinions since you want to express yours

number two your build isnt lacky its kitten. When you have a kitten build you dont adapt to a better version cuz thats going to be kitten too or its going to be basically berserker.

Also dont report people for kicking you. Until they add “Elitist” to reporting offences dont do it just because someone is expressing their opinion. This game and the reporting system isnt meant for you to enforce your morality. Its meant to deal with people who actually do something wrong not just kick you because you would slow them down.

Edit: fine report them for kicking you in the middle, although i seriously doubt this happens alot……

No, that’s the entire reason I created this thread. I’ve been kicked in the middle of a dungeon so many times that I lost count after 32ish times and, still in a heated rage, I created this thread to express my displeasure. If they kick me before we start the dungeon, so be it… but when I have a limited amount of time to play and I get kicked in the middle of a dungeon repeatedly, you’d be angry too.

Incorrect Thinking

Galtrix.7369

Then your problem has nothing to do with gear, it’s all about jerks, you should totally re-do this thread complaining about how the kicking system works.

Ummm… no, the thread is still about berserker gear and the elitists who kick anyone and everyone because they don’t run berserker gear. My argument is still relevant to zerkers and their elitist mentality.

Incorrect Thinking

champ.7021

No, that’s the entire reason I created this thread. I’ve been kicked in the middle of a dungeon so many times that I lost count after 32ish times and, still in a heated rage, I created this thread to express my displeasure. If they kick me before we start the dungeon, so be it… but when I have a limited amount of time to play and I get kicked in the middle of a dungeon repeatedly, you’d be angry too.

Well i dont get kicked. I also never join groups that say berserker only because thats just kittenty players usually. I join experienced groups and the only players i have ever seen be kicked talk kitten or suck kitten…..sooo…from my experience i would say you are either one of those two or you have exteremely bad luck.

Ummm… no, the thread is still about berserker gear and the elitists who kick anyone and everyone because they don’t run berserker gear. My argument is still relevant to zerkers and their elitist mentality.

arrrrggghhhh right when i think your just qqing you go back to that old casual mentality that only zerkers are elitists…..why is it so hard to explain to you that elitism exists in the casual non zerker world as well

Incorrect Thinking

Wukunlin.8461

It must be amazing that I did about 20-30 runs as a staff camping signet guardian that never uses virtues and I have never been kicked or even been told that my build or playstyle is bad. Hell, I would go back in time and kick myself if that is possible.

Oceanic [LOD]

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I’ve stumbled upon at least 10 different versions of the same issue on the forums. Berserker gear being the best gear for PvE and no other stats being viable at all. I’ve also stumbled onto some posts that basically said, “If you’re not a full berserker, you’re hurting your team and ruining the game for others”. What kind of thinking is that in an mmorpg?

I feel you, and I will say this: those are simply bad players. I step into 48 Fractals and ask the Warrior/Guardian how much armor they have. Then, out of repeated frustration levels, leave because I, a Thief, have more Armor than they do.

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

So… could i make a thread about non-zerkers users and their care-bear mentality and lack of skill? See how bad it sounds? Yeah, it is the same with your posts.

Incorrect Thinking

champ.7021

It must be amazing that I did about 20-30 runs as a staff camping signet guardian that never uses virtues and I have never been kicked or even been told that my build or playstyle is bad. Hell, I would go back in time and kick myself if that is possible.

have i played with you b4?? ive had one or two runs before with a guardian in arah and in cof where the guard literally used staff the whole time even at slave driver.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Galtrix…I know we don’t always see eye to eye, but I couldn’t agree with this post more. It was always the stated intention of this game that you could play the way you want to…and you can.

But you can’t change human nature either. If you pug dungeons, you’re going to run into people who really believe their way is the only way. That doesn’t make them right.

That’s why I tend to run dungeons with my guild. It’s far more fun for me. It’s not as efficient, but we always tell people to bring the character they think they’d have the most fun playing.

Because at the end of the day…Guild Wars 2 is a game. We should enjoy it.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I will try to run guild dungeons from now on, but I still wish people would become a little more open-minded about how people wish to play.

Just like they can’t tell us how to play…we can’t tell them how to play. It really is that simple.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

If you want to play with other people that are exactly similar to your stats, SAY IT.

This basically sums up the whole thread. People shouldn’t be such kittens to kick players mid-run only because they don’t run the gear they DIDN’T ask for. Simple.

Seriously, is this so hard to do? You want only Zerk – then SAY SO. No staff Guardians? SAY SO. No Rangers.. you get the picture. If I see a group that says “lvl 80, ZERK only” then I’m not gonna join and I’m saving both you and me the trouble of potential drama. You get to play your way and I get to play mine – awesome right?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Incorrect Thinking

Galtrix.7369

Well i dont get kicked. I also never join groups that say berserker only because thats just kittenty players usually. I join experienced groups and the only players i have ever seen be kicked talk kitten or suck kitten…..sooo…from my experience i would say you are either one of those two or you have exteremely bad luck.

arrrrggghhhh right when i think your just qqing you go back to that old casual mentality that only zerkers are elitists…..why is it so hard to explain to you that elitism exists in the casual non zerker world as well

Honestly, I’ve never seen a single support class that has stated, “Support only. No zerkers allowed”. It simply does not exist in this game. At this point in time, only zerkers have the capability to be elitist (unless someone is deliberately screwing people up). In other games, sure, elitism is everywhere… but here in GW2 that power lies with the zerkers.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Honestly, I’ve never seen a single support class that has stated, “Support only. No zerkers allowed”. It simply does not exist in this game. At this point in time, only zerkers have the capability to be elitist (unless someone is deliberately screwing people up). In other games, sure, elitism is everywhere… but here in GW2 that power lies with the zerkers.

In other games, elitists act other ways. It’s gear score. It’s something else. The point is every single game has elitists. Even Guild Wars 1 had them.

Incorrect Thinking

champ.7021

i actually did see one the other day and messaged them to ask if thats what they meant and told them have fun

in my guild people qq about berserker gear and alot of people are misinformed as to how powerful it can be. Also elitism works in other ways as well as people think being a berserker guard / war is just going with everyone else instead of what it actually is which is going with the best. Alot of ppl look down on berserker users.

Incorrect Thinking

Wukunlin.8461

have i played with you b4?? ive had one or two runs before with a guardian in arah and in cof where the guard literally used staff the whole time even at slave driver.

lol no that was before I ever did arah or cof, I think I stopped camping staff at around later November or December last year.

Oceanic [LOD]

Incorrect Thinking

Galtrix.7369

i actually did see one the other day and messaged them to ask if thats what they meant and told them have fun

in my guild people qq about berserker gear and alot of people are misinformed as to how powerful it can be. Also elitism works in other ways as well as people think being a berserker guard / war is just going with everyone else instead of what it actually is which is going with the best. Alot of ppl look down on berserker users.

I stand corrected. Still though, even if berserker is the best, it isn’t my playstyle. I don’t look down on berserkers for using zerker gear at all because I know it’s a good build and I respect how they want to play their characters.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Ipsen.7486

Ipsen.7486

I’ll take a shot at this.

Perspective is always important, but it’s something gamers tend to lack. Badly too.

So you have the general impression that Berserker gear is the best. It is, in one area of offense; it capitalizes on what makes power, and thus direct damage effective, which are precision, then further crit damage. That being said, you have the other stats for a reason, and skill will only get you so far with a full zerker set (it should be mentioned that zerker sets literally provide no defense; all of their stats sync perfectly, but for offense). Berserker sets have the rather simple, but universal counter of taking more damage (and you WILL take damage), even from weak power builds (read: Condition damage will hurt alot more, since they deal damage + conditions).

Condition damage builds are built more tanky or supportive, since you need time to continue to apply conditions, and thus need to survive. Effective in their own right (though perhaps not as viscerally satisfying).

I’ve listed the two main ways offense in this game works; damage has to be bolstered by crit, while conditions need time/survival to be viable. The problem I see is, that’s it. No other general directions to build into. Mainly that 3 stat combinations are limited now, (and its about the only limit on your overal build) but it’s this very limit is so stifiling that it causes most players this incorrect thinking that OP pleas against. If we could choose stat combinations, even if they’re wrong or don’t work well, I think we’d be a slightly less complainy bunch.

But who knows. I’m making it sound like I want build wars back. And I might; I sure as hell didn’t mind it in GW1!

PS: And give healing power some love, Anet. It’s beyond useless!

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I do not blame the players for this behavior i blame the game mechanics that promote this play style, when dps is your only real noticeable way of beating content in a game, how can you blame players for taking the easy route and sadly the most productive route in many cases.

When most toughness builds are killed as fast as Dps, healing builds are quite unusable and condition builds are a joke, obviously everyone will pidgeon hole the Dps and Zerkers are the highest gear.

Incorrect Thinking

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you just described full berserker armor…

errr no.
my warrior does not wear full berserker gear.
armor is soldiers
weapon trinkets is berserker.

the few “full berserker” guild members that i party up with before, end up kissing the floor most of the time.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Please keep zerker the norm for the duration of WvW leagues ANet, I will enjoy /laughing at all the PvE scrubs that think it make them /win all aspects of the game and then continue to party invite me and tell me my build is bad and I need to L2p gw2 even though they just died!

<3 you pve people, cant wait to see you in WvW for the season, make at least 15g off you a day im sure <3

Isle Of Janthir

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

So, WvW people, do you see this guy, this one i quoted right there <points down> … ?
Don’t be like him. Do not assume people use the same build at PvE and WvW, don’t be like this guy.

Please keep zerker the norm for the duration of WvW leagues ANet, I will enjoy /laughing at all the PvE scrubs that think it make them /win all aspects of the game and then continue to party invite me and tell me my build is bad and I need to L2p gw2 even though they just died!

<3 you pve people, cant wait to see you in WvW for the season, make at least 15g off you a day im sure <3

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

Incorrect Thinking

Wukunlin.8461

the few “full berserker” guild members that i party up with before, end up kissing the floor most of the time.

so do you believe ALL players wearing full berserker’s kiss the floor most of the time? (genuine question btw)

Oceanic [LOD]

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

So, WvW people, do you see this guy, this one i quoted right there <points down> …
Don’t be like him. Do not assume people use the same build at PvE and WvW, don’t be like this guy.

I never said I assumed such things, he told me straight up he was using zerker gear when I asked. I genuinely do hope people gear correctly for WvW seasons, However that is not the reality. PvE players want to keep as much gold as they can, so they will enter with what they use— zerker in most cases.

I was simply making a point as how the OP said zerker players acted a lot of the time— and when this happened I thought of this thread.

Not to mention how much kitten the WvW tends to get from PvE players, not only INSIDE WvW, but on the forums and LA as well. Bite me for biting back a little

Isle Of Janthir

Incorrect Thinking

Aberrant.6749

I’ve never seen anything saying that it’s a reportable offense. You got a link? I find that very interesting since the LFG dev’s specifically mention using the description to get zerker only etc.

Tarnished Coast

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

GW2 is designed around this idea. It is a core concept – if you’re fast and skilled you can negate damage where another player might have to bring toughness or vitality. That’s what makes GW2 skill based – the better you are the faster you can finish content.

This cannot be the case since it is both easier and faster to finish a dungeon in full zerker party. This is mainly because bosses are simply immune to every other trick but raw damage, and also because they have no AI to outplay
Personally I don’t even play full zerker anymore though. I still prefer glass builds, but I now run some confusion / crit dmg mix on my mesmer. It’s more fun.

ps. My WvW Warrior is full glass, 135%+ crit dmg, easily 4k+ attack. Hes rifle f1 makes even the tankiest pvt coward beg for nerfs. Unless if they are necro. Then they can just do /laugh and /dance in my 100b combo afterwards

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Incorrect Thinking

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so do you believe ALL players wearing full berserker’s kiss the floor most of the time? (genuine question btw)

of course not.

those who dodge good, have good latency and does not suffer from lag spikes often will not be kissing the floor at all.

for myself, having full soldiers armor instead of going full berserker is errr like some kind of buffer. i.e. there is room for some mistake, some lag spikes (if any) so i can play casually. i still need to dodge those big attacks (red circles, shockwaves etc) or else i would be kissing the floor frequently too.

and yes, there are good players in my guild, full berserkers but do not kiss the floor at all. they dodge well and have good latency. oh, all of us are in oceanic region btw.

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

I never said I assumed such things, he told me straight up he was using zerker gear when I asked. I genuinely do hope people gear correctly for WvW seasons, However that is not the reality. PvE players want to keep as much gold as they can, so they will enter with what they use— zerker in most cases.

I was simply making a point as how the OP said zerker players acted a lot of the time— and when this happened I thought of this thread.

Not to mention how much kitten the WvW tends to get from PvE players, not only INSIDE WvW, but on the forums and LA as well. Bite me for biting back a little

You did imply more than one person. As for biting back, almost all trash talk i’ve ever seen in these forums were from sPvP/WvW players directed towards the PvE crowd, but who cares they can’t dodge the freaking subject alpha if they can play condition damage warrior? At any rate, i don’t think this thread had anything to do with WvW anyways.

Incorrect Thinking

Aberrant.6749

You did imply more than one person. As for biting back, almost all trash talk i’ve ever seen in these forums were from sPvP/WvW players directed towards the PvE crowd, but who cares they can’t dodge the freaking subject alpha if they can play condition damage warrior? At any rate, i don’t think this thread had anything to do with WvW anyways.

Not being able to dodge is worse than being a cond dmg war… but neither are ideal. I PvE and WvW as well… but I don’t take my cond Eng into PvE. I would suggest you get a second set so you have something designed for each aspect that you do… and exotics are very easy to get, re-traiting is very inexpensive as well.

Tarnished Coast

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

I meant condition warrior at sPvP/WvW, i’m not sure about WvW (quite some time since i last played that game mode, and my warrior ins’t leveled yet), but at sPvP it is probably the easiest thing i’ve ever did in this whole game, easier than doing my ambient killer daily. And for the record, i’ve got 3 sets of gear just to wvw on my engie and two extras on my guard, mostly because i like to fiddle around with numbers.

Incorrect Thinking

Aberrant.6749

I meant condition warrior at sPvP/WvW, i’m not sure about WvW (quite some time since i last played that game mode, and my warrior ins’t leveled yet), but at sPvP it is probably the easiest thing i’ve ever did in this whole game, easier than doing my ambient killer daily. And for the record, i’ve got 3 sets of gear just to wvw on my engie and two extras on my guard, mostly because i like to fiddle around with numbers.

Eng is such a flexible class too, so there are many different sets you might need for it. It’s by far my fav class for PvP/WvW. It’s a blessing and a bane at the same time :P

I have so many 80’s with multiple sets of gear… and I stocked up early on cloth for ascended armor… my bank/storage alt/personal guild bank are so stuffed right now hahahaha.

My guard doesn’t see much WvW action anymore though, so he’s what I mainly use in PvE. It wasn’t a big deal for me to get another set for just him and kinda set him aside for PvE. I’ve also used my glassy mes for CoF speedruns with no problems and no one ever said they felt it was slower than it should be. She’s not full zerk, but still very slanted towards damage. I was never booted for having knights legs, a couple of cavalier ascended trinkets, and runes of air. If some one had though… I wouldn’t really care.

A good player in a slightly non-ideal build > a bad player in an ideal one. Just doing the portal trick with the NPC at the start and being good at using the right skills/utilities will more than make up for that in CoF for example. Dear god… the number of mesmers that I’ve seen not able to curtain pull then ileap/swap for the root… or feedback the last boss properly… it makes me smh when I know all of the things they are doing wrong but refuse to listen.

Tarnished Coast

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

People in ’zerkers humor me to no end. They provide so many loot bags in WvW.

If they are bad, you are right. If they are good, good luck

Incorrect Thinking

Aberrant.6749

People in ’zerkers humor me to no end. They provide so many loot bags in WvW.

If they are bad, you are right. If they are good, good luck

Even a good player in full zerk is easy to beat. That’s a very poor setup for WvW. You need to min/max all your stats far better than that. You can have zerk mixed in there and that can be great, but pure zerk? That’s just asking for a quick death.

Tarnished Coast

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

Eng is such a flexible class too, so there are many different sets you might need for it. It’s by far my fav class for PvP/WvW. It’s a blessing and a bane at the same time :P

I have so many 80’s with multiple sets of gear… and I stocked up early on cloth for ascended armor… my bank/storage alt/personal guild bank are so stuffed right now hahahaha.

My guard doesn’t see much WvW action anymore though, so he’s what I mainly use in PvE. It wasn’t a big deal for me to get another set for just him and kinda set him aside for PvE. I’ve also used my glassy mes for CoF speedruns with no problems and no one ever said they felt it was slower than it should be. She’s not full zerk, but still very slanted towards damage. I was never booted for having knights legs, a couple of cavalier ascended trinkets, and runes of air. If some one had though… I wouldn’t really care.

A good player in a slightly non-ideal build > a bad player in an ideal one.

Right now i’m having way more fun doing dungeons for the sake of it and playing sPvP, and i’m a huge open world pvp fan. I don’t really like the WvW capture system, roaming is meh, and even if you play it for fun only, ascended gear kind of ruined it for me. Meanwhile at sPvP i can re-spec at will to try new stuff.

As for PvE, i usually don’t ask for zerk players on my groups ( i only do that when running DPS check fights, like ACP2’s ghosteater) since i run stuff with two more friends we’re usually more than enough to carry anyone thru most dungeons, i’m pretty straight foward when people asks for advice as well, i just really don’t like staff camping shaman geared guardians sort of builds and people who refuses to follow directions. And while op may be wrong about some of stuff he said, i do agree with him on something: If someone didn’t ask for zerk gear, they shouldn’t kick him for not using it in the middle of a dungeon run assuming he was following directions/instructions.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

guys, stop labeling people. it doesn’t help. “casuals”, “elitists”.. if you can’t resist the urge and MUST use them, at least define them on your own terms first, so at least people can see where you’re coming from. these terms get thrown around and all you end up doing is lumping players together. all you are doing is creating a larger rift in the community, based on what YOU’ve personally experienced and perceive the majority of the playerbase to be.

what if there are people who run in full berserkers, spec offensively, but are kind, polite and willing to listen and cooperate? that are able to “have fun”. yes on their own terms, but does it mean they aren’t having fun if they’re not having fun the same way you are? to say you haven’t run into any, does not mean they don’t exist.

OP – i get your frustrations. why not find a group of like-minded people and stick with them? these so called “zerkers” are asking you to play their way. yet, are you not doing the same thing? there doesn’t have to be a “take their side or mine”. you can play how you want, and that’s fine, but there’s no need to tell others how they should play either. that being said, of course, you don’t have to listen to others when they tell you how you should play as well. if you can’t take them imposing it on you, then you shouldn’t do the same. stick with the same group, make friends and bam, you don’t have to worry or become frustrated about being “kicked” anymore. yes it’s an rpg, yes people should be allowed to play how they want, but it does not mean EVERY SINGLE PLAYER must play by YOUR rules and what YOU perceive to be the way the game is meant to be played. does that make sense?

people come into the game with different agendas. you cannot compare a group that means to speed run with a group that means to explore, have fun, take their time. there’ll always be differing perspectives. play the game to its strengths, play to your OWN strengths. develop your own community. you play the game, don’t let it play you.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

I have a question that hasn’t been asked that I’ve seen.

Q: How do you know they kicked you for your gear? Maybe you’re just not good. Or (and I’m basing this on your forum posts) you’re not good at getting along with the party.
Q: How do they know what gear you’re wearing?

Incorrect Thinking

Aberrant.6749

Right now i’m having way more fun doing dungeons for the sake of it and playing sPvP, and i’m a huge open world pvp fan. I don’t really like the WvW capture system, roaming is meh, and even if you play it for fun only, ascended gear kind of ruined it for me. Meanwhile at sPvP i can re-spec at will to try new stuff.

As for PvE, i usually don’t ask for zerk players on my groups ( i only do that when running DPS check fights, like ACP2’s ghosteater) since i run stuff with two more friends we’re usually more than enough to carry anyone thru most dungeons, i’m pretty straight foward when people asks for advice as well, i just really don’t like staff camping shaman geared guardians sort of builds and people who refuses to follow directions. And while op may be wrong about some of stuff he said, i do agree with him on something: If someone didn’t ask for zerk gear, they shouldn’t kick him for not using it in the middle of a dungeon run assuming he was following directions/instructions.

I prefer roaming/small group stuff in WvW to sPvP personally. I’m not a fan of how in general you’re not really there to fight other players for the sake of good combat Vs. play the game mode to get points in either case though.

I’m pretty flexible even when I need to do more speedy runs as far as gear but yea… full clerics “I’m a healer!” types etc… >.<

I also agree they shouldn’t kick him for it if they didn’t ask for it (esp halfway through the run), but I don’t think it’s technically against the rules to do so. It also doesn’t sounds like he’s telling the full story, but that could just be my own skepticism.

Tarnished Coast

Incorrect Thinking

Oxxy.7068

@Ahlen
If i’m running hotw and a guardian dodge heals me for 1.5k i will be pretty kitten sure he’s using some sort of cleric gear. PVT gear is also easy to spot if the guy using it gets hit by any big hit from any boss. Some runes are also pretty obvious (think of rock dog, parrot, fire nova, earth shield, etc). Or they asked him and he linked his stuff.