Incorrect Thinking

Incorrect Thinking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Guardian dodge heal is approximately 1500 at 0 Healing :p

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I hope that you get a ban for falsely reporting people.

Kicking you isn’t really banable just because they kicked you. If they use some kind of language, sure, I can agree that deserves something. Just for kicking you because they didn’t like your gear, no way. They are most definately not going to get a ban just because they requested you wear a specific type of gear. I can ask you to link it without even stating that I will kick and if you do not link, I’ll kick. They won’t ban for that. There is no threats or insults so they won’t ban for that.

You can not force people to party with you that don’t want to party with you.

If you don’t want to wear the gear they are requesting, you can find or form your own party with your own requirements.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Lol nope, it heals me for 459 @80, and i’ve got 300healing power from traits. You may be thinking of F2 instead of dodge rolls.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s 129. Are you using too many cleric’s pieces without even knowing it?

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

My question to you – since you went on writing such a long post – is how does this make ME the bad guy?

To be fair, it may not be you specifically. Something I’ve learned by playing the game and going to the forums, a lot, is that whenever there is a social situation where something happens that the elitist does not approve of, they will interject themselves into that conversation, demand others play like them, insult everyone who disagrees with them, and continue with this until either the others just shrug and agree, or they go away and the elitist pronounces themselves the winner in their own head. I’ve seen it happen on the forums, and in the game, and I’ve even seen it in pugs, where one player will demand that things be done in a certain way, and when no one else agrees they’ll stop everything and spend 10 minutes arguing over it.

So now that their divine rule gets thrust upon everyone else, fighting evil wherever they find it, we get several consequences from this. One is retaliatory: you’ll get players becoming hyper casualists in response to this, shutting off any and all constructive criticism, and avoiding higher end gaming because the people who occupy that niche are insufferable to them. Another is naive: you’ll get players who blindly follow the advice of elitists, not realizing it only works for extremely skilled, well experienced, and many times hyper-specialized circumstances. So they do something like run full glass cannon gear with a melee ranger, but don’t effectively know skill dodges or root cancelling so they faceplant again and again and again. Another is corruption: the lure of farming dungeons and getting sweet l00t pulls good players away from the rest of the game, effectively making the rest of the game have more trouble due to the playerbase on average being less skilled.

It could very well not be you, so long as you aren’t commanding others to play a specific way to accommodate your needs, insulting them when they don’t, and intruding yourself into places with “advice”, or encouraging other players to not play with anyone but your ilk because bads are evil.

But it’s more than that – going slow through a dungeon, wiping, generally failing are things that RUIN the game experience for me. I take far less enjoyment from a dungeon run if we’ve finished it 10 minutes later than we were supposed to and with a few wipes done. It is literally a wasted experience.

Oh, hey, me too. We’ve heard a lot about you, but that’s the problem: you, you, you, you, you. You know who else doesn’t like wiping and failing over and over again? Pretty much everyone. Though I find it horribly inconvenient to deal with inexperience or incompetence, I am soothed by the fact that behind the emotionless avatar of that n00b is another human being who is having fun just like I am. It is a tax on my patience, but it is only just. If anything, my patience should be higher, I should be less quick to anger over a videogame, because if anyone is being selfish in the matter it is me, since that other guy has no problem playing with me. Only I have the problem.

Your post borders on exaggeration – how does not wanting to play with someone make them a victim?
If I advertise a group and someone who doesn’t fit with the criteria joins I don’t harass them – I just kick them and that’s that. We both go our separate ways. How is that so wrong? Please explain.

The reason why it borderlines on exaggeration is because elitism is an ideal, and as such it has no exact set of rules or practices. Much like with politics, any individual person sits somewhere between the extremes of hyper-casualist and turbo-elitist. To find one person who does everything I listed is rare. But to find people who do some or many of the things I listed… not so rare. This is a second reason why I’m not a fan of community segregation: it has a habit of reinforcing the extremes.

Of course, I don’t fit into any extreme either. When I see an LFG asking for a zerker warrior, I respect that and don’t join up, as I have no warrior. When a player joins up with some random class + build and demands to stay there… that’s just sheer lunacy to me. As is players who go to maps/dungeons below the minimum suggested level, runs around in whites because they don’t want to spend money upgrading their armor unless it is exotic, or players who specifically troll run. I can’t defend those because, as the opposite extreme, they’ve circled the globe and smacked right into that same entitlement wall they were running from.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

At least other classes are playable in this game.

In GW1 one or two classes/builds were capable of farming the best areas. No one else was wanted.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I’ve stumbled upon at least 10 different versions of the same issue on the forums. Berserker gear being the best gear for PvE and no other stats being viable at all. I’ve also stumbled onto some posts that basically said, “If you’re not a full berserker, you’re hurting your team and ruining the game for others”. What kind of thinking is that in an mmorpg?

An mmorpg is just that…. an rpg. When you pretty much have no choice in what gear you use, isn’t that taking away your freedom and the “rpg” part of an mmorpg? I play a tanky, support guardian, and I’ve had people kick me from parties, tell me to go full berserker or quit, and insult me not only in-game but on the forums as well. That thinking is so wrong that I could almost cry about it. Maybe berserker isn’t my playstyle and I want to support others with buffs. Shouldn’t I have that option?

I have also heard players say that I should “adapt” to whatever the current situation demands. That is also the worst argument I’ve ever heard. If your current build is lacking, you should adapt to a better version of that build, not adapt to using a completely different build that you hate using.

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo. I encourage every single player that does not use berserker gear to do the same. Report any players that kick you from parties because of your build, insult you, or demand that you use berserker gear.

If you really think about this, about that “RPG” meaning, you realize that RPG doesn’t mean anything about stats on equipment, because that three letters means Role-Playing-Game.
This genre in it’s pure form had no stats on equipment at all, armor was for armor (yeah, just for the armor value/movement restriction, no other values in there), weapons were just for combat values (damage, att. speed, parry chance/value, maybe some restrictions like regarding the length of the weapon etc.). But no STATs

Everything else was determined by the character class/skills. And that can be called as the part (yeah, just the part) of the RPG. Main part of this was the characters behaviour, personality, reaction to certain situation etc etc. And that was the Role-playing part of the game.

This has nothing to do with stats or traits….

Basically, there is no game which can be called a RPG for quite a long time, you know? And the last MMO which can be considered RPG was UO, no doubts about that.

Edit: I just remembered, the character behaviour in certain situations was usually expressed by a “value” which was called an alignment, that was used mainly in computer games, because this was the way how to represent the Role-playing of the character, that the character will act according to it’s beliefs and nature, not like player would want. If the character is evil, it wouldn’t help lost kids, most probably, right?

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve stumbled upon at least 10 different versions of the same issue on the forums. Berserker gear being the best gear for PvE and no other stats being viable at all. I’ve also stumbled onto some posts that basically said, “If you’re not a full berserker, you’re hurting your team and ruining the game for others”. What kind of thinking is that in an mmorpg?

An mmorpg is just that…. an rpg. When you pretty much have no choice in what gear you use, isn’t that taking away your freedom and the “rpg” part of an mmorpg? I play a tanky, support guardian, and I’ve had people kick me from parties, tell me to go full berserker or quit, and insult me not only in-game but on the forums as well. That thinking is so wrong that I could almost cry about it. Maybe berserker isn’t my playstyle and I want to support others with buffs. Shouldn’t I have that option?

I have also heard players say that I should “adapt” to whatever the current situation demands. That is also the worst argument I’ve ever heard. If your current build is lacking, you should adapt to a better version of that build, not adapt to using a completely different build that you hate using.

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo. I encourage every single player that does not use berserker gear to do the same. Report any players that kick you from parties because of your build, insult you, or demand that you use berserker gear.

If you really think about this, about that “RPG” meaning, you realize that RPG doesn’t mean anything about stats on equipment, because that three letters means Role-Playing-Game.
This genre in it’s pure form had no stats on equipment at all, armor was for armor (yeah, just for the armor value/movement restriction, no other values in there), weapons were just for combat values (damage, att. speed, parry chance/value, maybe some restrictions like regarding the length of the weapon etc.). But no STATs

Everything else was determined by the character class/skills. And that can be called as the part (yeah, just the part) of the RPG. Main part of this was the characters behaviour, personality, reaction to certain situation etc etc. And that was the Role-playing part of the game.

This has nothing to do with stats or traits….

Basically, there is no game which can be called a RPG for quite a long time, you know? And the last MMO which can be considered RPG was UO, no doubts about that.

Edit: I just remembered, the character behaviour in certain situations was usually expressed by a “value” which was called an alignment, that was used mainly in computer games, because this was the way how to represent the Role-playing of the character, that the character will act according to it’s beliefs and nature, not like player would want. If the character is evil, it wouldn’t help lost kids, most probably, right?

I’ve always hated what the RPG genre has become, because it’s completely strayed, as you’ve stated, from what it was.

I mean…how many times in Lord of the Rings did Gandalf upgrade his staff, or Boromir upgrade his armor?

Anyway, why would anyone want to be a coat rack for greatness.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

…………..

………………….

I’ve always hated what the RPG genre has become, because it’s completely strayed, as you’ve stated, from what it was.

I mean…how many times in Lord of the Rings did Gandalf upgrade his staff, or Boromir upgrade his armor?

Anyway, why would anyone want to be a coat rack for greatness.

Exactly, if you take the desktop games as a base of the RPG genre (most of them was created according to the fantasy world with clearly stated rules, D&D and Shadowrun are typical examples)
Those are the core of the RPG, and the games which was created based on these desktop games are the RPG computer games, those can be called by this term. Because they are respecting the mechanics and rules of the RP world created for the desktop games.
There are of course some more, which doesn’t have a desktop-version, but still are created in the same spirit.

To say it shortly, characters in RPG have “soul”, they have its nature, mood, personality and they behave according to these let’s say human characteristics. And that is what’s RPG all about.

#ELEtism 4ever

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

When every boss you met in dungeons would one-hit-kill you, berserker is the only way to go. I am sorry to say.

Those that disagrees hasn’t been to Fractal level 45+.

I don’t use berserker btw. I use apothecary because like OP I enjoy tanking and surviving. Necro is meant to be an attrition class, so I am designing my build around that idea. Its the game design that’s failing me.

Its the game design that forces everyone to use berserker in dungeons.

Name all the bosses that have 1 hit kills.

AC: Has 1 boss only with 1 hit kill. Rumbus
CM: 0 bosses with 1 hit kills
COE: 0 bosses with 1 hit kills
TA: 0 bosses with 1 hit kills
Im starting to see a trend here…. If your wearing zerker then yes there is bosses with 1 hit kills but if your actually wearing survivability many of those 1 hit kills can be absorbed. I’m a not saying their attacks don’t hurt, but won’t down you instantly either.

Against glass Warrior:

AC:
Howling King (247% damage)
Ghost Eater (when he is under 50%, 128% damage)

CM:
Bloody Victoria (330% damage)

Also lots of other very hard hitting attacks. You aren’t going to tank them with pvt-gear.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

No one dies because you are or are not wearing berserker gear. People die because of their own fault.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

No one dies because you are or are not wearing berserker gear. People die because of their own fault.

People die if they are killed…

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Partially yes. However if you had killed the boss sooner he wouldn’t have kept attacking (just one reason).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

It’s mostly because of two things:

Damage reduction can be achieved through skill (avoiding AoE, rolling)
Healing power has terrible terrible returns for the commitment.

That’s why Zerk gear is best. The stat return, considering that it’s a quadratic return (More crit, AND more crit damage!) is the reason it is far and above better than any other gear.

I get that you don’t wanna follow the norm, and that’s very hipster of you, but don’t try to deny the reality of the system engine.

Take a shout Warrior for example, having 1400 healing power (which is a pretty huge commitment) gives you a total of the equivalent of 140hp/sec assuming you are using 3 shouts on CD every time. Yes you get a bonus to your heal skills (.05 from signet!) and regen (.125!) but it’s just not enough of a return!

Also remember that: A dead boss does no damage, the faster you kill it the less it’ll have time to kill your party.

Hipsters follow the hipster crowd. Some people just prefer to be individuals rather than clones. It’s not about being different for its own sake, but doing things in your own, individual way. If being yourself means you do things like everybody else does, be my guest-you SHOULD be yourself. But some people just want to play differently not to be “hip”, but to have fun tailored to their unique playing style-which usually (but not always) metas can’t achieve.

Now, I have nothing against Berserker gear itself, but yes I do oppose it being forced upon others’ throats, especially in the current manner permeating the Dungeon forums, which seem to be a haven for arrogance and player abuse/insulting/belittling-sadly for the game’s official forums.

They are going to increase the role of support in the upcoming patch(es?), but they can’t ever improve it so much that some people rely in it, thus bringing a sort of pseudo-trinity back. That’s why I feel that many players will still prefer Berserker’s gear-but do note that ANet does realize that Berserker’s is not the one only way to play this game, despite that in practice it’s all just too convenient to go Berserker’s to achieve things faster.

Incorrect Thinking

Star Ace.5207

At least other classes are playable in this game.

In GW1 one or two classes/builds were capable of farming the best areas. No one else was wanted.

That was sad indeed. Especially in a game with so much build potential, it was a pity and rather ironic. I am glad it’s currently not the real norm at this time on GW2, but let’s keep it that way if we can.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I’m not going to read 4 pages of “BERSERKER BEST YOU WASTE MY TIME WHEN YOU NOT PLAY BERSERKER” and “I PLAY THE WAY I WANT YOU ELITITST”. I read those pages every day when I walk through the forum. Not again. Forgive me when I repead something already said.

I have one major problem with the OP. You preach freedom. And in the same minute, you ask people to report everyone who thinks different than you. “play the way you want” works both way. If you want a tank-healer in a no trinity game, well, okay. Whatever. But if I want a full zerker party, how dare you report me if I dont want to play with you? Am I not allowed the same freedom you have?

You are not satisfied to play the way you want, you want everyone to play the way you want – and thats Incorrect Thinking

Incorrect Thinking

haviz.1340

I’m not going to read 4 pages of “BERSERKER BEST YOU WASTE MY TIME WHEN YOU NOT PLAY BERSERKER” and “I PLAY THE WAY I WANT YOU ELITITST”. I read those pages every day when I walk through the forum. Not again. Forgive me when I repead something already said.

I have one major problem with the OP. You preach freedom. And in the same minute, you ask people to report everyone who thinks different than you. “play the way you want” works both way. If you want a tank-healer in a no trinity game, well, okay. Whatever. But if I want a full zerker party, how dare you report me if I dont want to play with you? Am I not allowed the same freedom you have?

You are not satisfied to play the way you want, you want everyone to play the way you want – and thats Incorrect Thinking

That’s hypocrisy.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Oh this… really, the only real solution is to play with like-minded people. If someone wants to chastise me for not following the current meta, for not wanting to do stuff as he prefers to, MOST especially if my own way of doing things has achieved success many times before, then I stay the heck away from that guy. It’s just not worth the aggrevation.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

This is like all the other topic. I want to play whatever way I want.

But I dont’ want other people to play the way they want.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m taking a stand here and now and saying I will not go berserker no matter what. I may continue to get kicked out of parties, but I will report each and every one of the people that vote to kick me, because this thinking is utterly wrong and is harmful for an mmo.

You’re forgetting the people that think that guardians should only be support. A majority of people in my guild qq about how bad berserkers are that there always downed and blah blah blah blah….
Everyone thinks their build is best stop thinking its just berserker. Go ahead use your support build in dungeons but dont go around getting mad at people for expressing their opinions. I mean you should understand about opinions since you want to express yours

Shouldn’t I have an opinion

number two your build isnt lacky its kitten. When you have a kitten build you dont adapt to a better version cuz thats going to be kitten too or its going to be basically berserker.

Also dont report people for kicking you. Until they add “Elitist” to reporting offences dont do it just because someone is expressing their opinion. This game and the reporting system isnt meant for you to enforce your morality. Its meant to deal with people who actually do something wrong not just kick you because you would slow them down.

Edit: fine report them for kicking you in the middle, although i seriously doubt this happens alot……

No, that’s the entire reason I created this thread. I’ve been kicked in the middle of a dungeon so many times that I lost count after 32ish times and, still in a heated rage, I created this thread to express my displeasure. If they kick me before we start the dungeon, so be it… but when I have a limited amount of time to play and I get kicked in the middle of a dungeon repeatedly, you’d be angry too.

Well i dont get kicked. I also never join groups that say berserker only because thats just kittenty players usually. I join experienced groups and the only players i have ever seen be kicked talk kitten or suck kitten…..sooo…from my experience i would say you are either one of those two or you have exteremely bad luck.

Ummm… no, the thread is still about berserker gear and the elitists who kick anyone and everyone because they don’t run berserker gear. My argument is still relevant to zerkers and their elitist mentality.

arrrrggghhhh right when i think your just qqing you go back to that old casual mentality that only zerkers are elitists…..why is it so hard to explain to you that elitism exists in the casual non zerker world as well

Honestly, I’ve never seen a single support class that has stated, “Support only. No zerkers allowed”. It simply does not exist in this game. At this point in time, only zerkers have the capability to be elitist (unless someone is deliberately screwing people up). In other games, sure, elitism is everywhere… but here in GW2 that power lies with the zerkers.

The power lies with the most optimal gear. If zerker stopped being that then you’d have valkyre elitists.

I like how you’ve gone 180 around from a few days ago when you said you were quitting and called us all cretins.

Also – as a personal question – do you not reply to my posts because ?

a) They annoy you.
b) You feel unable to understand what I’m trying to get through to you
c) You can’t muster up some arguments with which to combat me.
d) You just don’t care.

I’m really curious. PS: it’s not a multiple choice.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

(edited by Harper.4173)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

This guy understands.

It’s casual elitism in its greatest form.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Incorrect Thinking

haviz.1340

Honestly, I’ve never seen a single support class that has stated, “Support only. No zerkers allowed”. It simply does not exist in this game. At this point in time, only zerkers have the capability to be elitist (unless someone is deliberately screwing people up). In other games, sure, elitism is everywhere… but here in GW2 that power lies with the zerkers.

I’ve been in a parties that had pvt and clerics elitists. They wanted to kick me because I had zerker gear. What happened to play how you want?

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I have seen this type of thinking in almost every game in the past14 years or so. I have even known guild leaders that would only award the kind of loot he wanted you to have to his guildmates. Didn`t matter if it was something you liked or wanted, you only got it if he felt it was best for the class you played. Good luck rolling for a 2 hander if your class should be using a shield because they will let the item rot before letting you take it.

Now since we can`t control the loot people get, we can control the people we group with if they don`t meet our expectations. Which I guess if fine. I`ve played with dps groups, weak dps groups, full support groups, and 3 and 4 manned some dungeons. I don`t expect every player that joins my runs to have a balanced build, but I would never kick or not play with someone over it. I always believed that character balance is more important and pays off in the longrun then the flavor of the month style of play. Sooner or later the nerf bat will come. They will either increase the viability of the other stat sets or the precious beserker is going to take a hit. Which do you want to happen?

Incorrect Thinking

Star Ace.5207

This guy understands.

It’s casual elitism in its greatest form.

Unfortunately elicited by many of your own own elitist comments elsewhere, which are not any better. So basically, you should not be one to post against it, being you do the same and continually mock casuals without any logical reason, as if it was something bad or to be avoided by itself.

BTW, I don’t condone either of your extremist attitudes-just don’t play together, and leave each other alone. Mocking/bullying casuals may be “cool” for your ilk, but it’s poor social form (I don’t mock Berserker’s and believe in the real “play how you want” motto.)

Nothing personal. Don’t accuse others of elitism if you do the same all the time? Both are equally unworthy-you are hardly the only one that does this, so I m not singling you out.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It’s funny that you target cookie, he’s one of the nicer ones.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Incorrect Thinking

haviz.1340

[…] believe in the real “play how you want” motto.

This “motto” has nothing to do with build diversity, never had. It was about playing different types of content and be rewarded similarly.

Incorrect Thinking

Star Ace.5207

It’s funny that you target cookie, he’s one of the nicer ones.

I am not targeting him but the attitude. I don’t know him and have no reason to belittle him or call him a “bad” because he enjoys efficient game play and Berserker’s gear. I did mention it wasn’t personal.

Incorrect Thinking

Star Ace.5207

[…] believe in the real “play how you want” motto.

This “motto” has nothing to do with build diversity, never had. It was about playing different types of content and be rewarded similarly.

So in short, there isn’t a reason for build diversity for the sakes of efficient gameplay-which is the way you like to play the game I imagine?

Hope you understand why “play how you want” thus covers much more than content/rewards. People are not clones, and this game offers the opportunity for different builds, some more efficient than others, but not everybody plays the game for efficiency’s sake, nor are all less efficient builds “bad” to the player enjoying them.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I’m glad I don’t have to group with any of you.

Edit*: Except for cookie

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

All I can say to those who say things like “if you don’t use Berserkers in PvE you are hurting the party/group” is this:

If you are using Berserkers in PvE you are trying to take all the kills and kill steal from others!

Now they both look stupid don’t they? :S

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

^ There is no killsteal in GW2.

Snow Crows [SC]

Incorrect Thinking

Paulytnz.7619

What if say………You run to hit a mob but BANG before you get to it some random berserker 1 hits it before you manage to hit it? This CAN happen in starter zones, go try lmao….

That is sort of “kill stealing”. Why do you thnk Anet put such large HP’s on mobs, to try and prevent this sort of thing. In other zones it works, but starter zones for example not so much.

I know I know, no decent (respected) berserker user would be playing around in Queensdale right? After all they are all running dungeons and champ farming in Frostforge or running fractals or something right?

Point is, Berserkers and it’s mindset brings problems, and probs Anet were trying to avoid in the first place.

Possible solution:

Remove base stats from gears, have it all come down to what we are using in runes. This is how it is in sPvP, perhaps it should be used everywhere else as well?

This would make it far easier for Anet to balance the game as well. By that I mean set difficulty levels of bosses, dungeons etc.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

What if say………You run to hit a mob but BANG before you get to it some random berserker 1 hits it before you manage to hit it? This CAN happen in starter zones, go try lmao….

That is sort of “kill stealing”. Why do you thnk Anet put such large HP’s on mobs, to try and prevent this sort of thing. In other zones it works, but starter zones for example not so much.

I know I know, no decent (respected) berserker user would be playing around in Queensdale right? After all they are all running dungeons and champ farming in Frostforge or running fractals or something right?

Point is, Berserkers and it’s mindset brings problems, and probs Anet were trying to avoid in the first place.

Possible solution:

Remove base stats from gears, have it all come down to what we are using in runes. This is how it is in sPvP, perhaps it should be used everywhere else as well?

This would make it far easier for Anet to balance the game as well. By that I mean set difficulty levels of bosses, dungeons etc.

Hog wash. I go to starter zones to finish my daily everyday. I’m sorry you can’t run fast enough to tag the mob before I kill it. Maybe wait 5 minutes for me to leave then you can kill them by your lonesome.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Obviously this arguement is going nowhere.

Am I the only one who thinks its horrible that he reports people just for kicking him?

1) They aren’t kicking him after the boss
2) They are kicking him mid-run (how many of us have done that)
3) They are kicking him because they don’t like his build/playstyle. Maybe attitutde, we dont’ know.

These are acceptable reasons to kick somebody IMO. Are we really okay with him reporting, and suggesting everybody else report, people who kick others out of parties because they don’t like the gear they use?

You scream “Let me play how I want” from the rooftops. But right back at you. Let me play how I want. If we feel slow after a couple of bosses and I ask what armor you’re wearing and you ping cleric’s and staff, I’m kicking you. It’s not a zerk thing. If you ping knights with a GS I’m fine, as an example. It’s not a speedrun thing either, it’s just being efficient.

RIP in peace Robert

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s funny because I see a lot of women say they like support classes. I loathe them, but my husband enjoys playing support. I just want to shoot at/stab things until they die.

Lol, yeah same. I don’t know many girl gamers than enjoy the more aggressive roles are their mainstream, although I do know a couple. Of course, anyone that’s in a snit enjoys a good aggressive role from time to time too. Conversely, most of the male gamers I know prefer playing things that generate big dmg, although I can think of 2 that mained heal monks in GW1. Kitten good monks at that.

Always an exception to every ‘rule.’

what kind of bullkitten kitten kittenin 1950s Mad Men kitten garbage is this

This post is actually quite offensive, so let’s limit the discussion to the game and stay away from potentially incendiary topics like gender, evolution, etc.

I usually play healers (TRINITY!) and my fiancee usually plays warriors, does that mean she wears the pants?

Wow guys, I did say generally. It is the basic hunter vs gatherer instinct. It’s basic psychology, and it’s covered in pretty much any psych 101 course in college (and some high school science courses even talk about this). Are there exceptions to this base instinct? Of course, and I said that (exception to every rule). I wasn’t intended to offend anyone with what most would consider to be ‘common knowledge.’

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Just to drop this in here: The smoothest dungeon runs I’ve ever done are with a guildmate of mine, who mains a guardian in all cleric’s gear. Swaps between staff and mace/shield, does damage when he needs to support and control very well when we’re up. I main a guardian in knight’s gear, soldier trinkets, zerker greatsword and cleric’s staff, taking hits when I can (bosses love me with dat toughness) while dealing a rather respectable amount of damage, and bouncing back to support or kite when I can’t take anymore hits, which isn’t often. Nobody ever greets the waypoint. Bosses go down fast and smooth like a glass of moscato.

Gear doesn’t determine how well you play. Skill does. Kick a guy because he’s bad at his class. Kick a guy because he keeps going AFK. Kick a guy because he, after the 4th wipe, still can’t understand the fight mechanics. But don’t kick a guy just because he’s wearing gear that falls outside of your closed-minded, elitist views of what “optimal” is, and if you do plan on doing that, please, please specify your elitist intentions in the description field so that the rest of us “filthy casuals” can be spared the frustration of dealing with people like you.

I keep seeing guys in Aetherpath, dropping every fight. I ask ‘em what gear they’re using. Always zerker. As if they’re gonna be doing much of that “optimal” DPS from the downed state. Meanwhile, use “bads” in knights or PVT gear are finishing bosses off.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

But don’t kick a guy just because he’s wearing gear that falls outside of your closed-minded, elitist views of what “optimal” is,

I play how I want and will report you. Don’t tread on me!

RIP in peace Robert

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I think the biggest issue that some people use logic and some feelings. Feelings never make sense.

Sorry, I can’t take this.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Everything can be solved with open honest communication from the get go. Issues arise when people assume certain standards are supposed to be the norm.

I’m not sure why someone would be kicked half way through a dungeon if the ride was smooth. If the team wiped repeatedly and is trying to determine why that might be a different story.

However I don’t believe reporting is necessary, I would utilize the ignore function, shake it off and be on my way.

There is room for many players and different play styles in this game, I might not always agree and it’s a different story if someone is abusive/insulting etc, but otherwise I don’t believe the OP’s solution will accomplish anything good other than increasing Anet’s workload.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

I agree. It is a misuse of the report system to report someone who kicked you for the gear you are wearing. Now, if they harassed you for it that’s a different story.

That being said, I have a full cleric set of armor on my guardian and I absolutely love playing my mace/shield staff healing build. The problem is that you sacrifice so much to raise your heals by such a slight amount. I wouldn’t even want to begin to calculate how much effectiveness is lost between running my berserker gear with soldier runes and full cleric gear. That’s the problem. The guardian gets the most use out of healing power over any other class and it still isn’t enough.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

People die if they are killed…

I’ll give you a lol for the picture.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

In my opinion, the problem is with the mechanics at dungeons and the viability of other status like healing power.

In dungeons, basecally all bosses 1-shot every thing or do an insane damage that even in full tanker you cannot tanker. So, the best way to deal you it? Go full zerker, so you can kill the boss before it can kill you.

The status like healing power (mainly) really needs a revamp. Why? With full investiment on HP (around 1500, with HP as primary status) you have around 23% increase in effectiveness, and even combanating toughness, wich gives around 60% increase in resistense only for you (in theory, becouse you’ll not healing all the time), do not even compare with damage options that can increase in 400~500% in increase of damage (full zerker). With healing power scaling too little, the support options become shame, becouse you’ll lose a lot of damage to add a very little support with heals. I dont included the vitality in the comparassion becouse there aren’t any HP/toughness/vitality combination, and toughness scales better with HP.

They really should verify the dungeon mechanics and the way that healing power works in the skills. They don’t want to support builds become more viable? They need to fix the kitten Healing Power.

Sorry for my english.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I
In dungeons, basecally all bosses 1-shot every thing or do an insane damage that even in full tanker you cannot tanker. So, the best way to deal you it? Go full zerker, so you can kill the boss before it can kill you.

There are hardly any 1 shot kills, especially for people in tank gear.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Incorrect Thinking

Paulytnz.7619

Possible solution:

Hog wash. I go to starter zones to finish my daily everyday. I’m sorry you can’t run fast enough to tag the mob before I kill it. Maybe wait 5 minutes for me to leave then you can kill them by your lonesome.

Actually when I’m just playing around myself in berserker gear (which I only just started doing to see exactly what the difference is) I am seeing this myself. I use flamethrower and can use the number 2 skill to 1 hit groups before others get a chance to run at them. So yeah I have no problem with this, but I can just imagine those poor new people to the game who are not lvl 80 yet running around in full gear with berserkers being able to do this….

Still, my first statement I stand by, to those who say things like: “if you are not in berserkers you are hurting your party” I say: “if you are in berserkers you are nothing but greedy trying to get all the kills before everyone else gets a chance to tag while I’m trying to stay alive and keep you alive as well!”.

Take it however you want I really don’t care.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Just to drop this in here: The smoothest dungeon runs I’ve ever done are with a guildmate of mine, who mains a guardian in all cleric’s gear. Swaps between staff and mace/shield, does damage when he needs to support and control very well when we’re up. I main a guardian in knight’s gear, soldier trinkets, zerker greatsword and cleric’s staff, taking hits when I can (bosses love me with dat toughness) while dealing a rather respectable amount of damage, and bouncing back to support or kite when I can’t take anymore hits, which isn’t often. Nobody ever greets the waypoint. Bosses go down fast and smooth like a glass of moscato.

Gear doesn’t determine how well you play. Skill does. Kick a guy because he’s bad at his class. Kick a guy because he keeps going AFK. Kick a guy because he, after the 4th wipe, still can’t understand the fight mechanics. But don’t kick a guy just because he’s wearing gear that falls outside of your closed-minded, elitist views of what “optimal” is, and if you do plan on doing that, please, please specify your elitist intentions in the description field so that the rest of us “filthy casuals” can be spared the frustration of dealing with people like you.

I keep seeing guys in Aetherpath, dropping every fight. I ask ‘em what gear they’re using. Always zerker. As if they’re gonna be doing much of that “optimal” DPS from the downed state. Meanwhile, use “bads” in knights or PVT gear are finishing bosses off.

Haha this… ^

I regularly run with a guildie who uses cleric gear guard as well. In fact our (now ex) guild mistress insist on always running dungeons and stuff with him (and myself when around) because we always get things done successfully.

I’ve seen a lot of zerker party members ‘lazing off on the dungeon floor’ but we don’t kick them though. I dunno, maybe…just maybe… we could try being a little tolerant. not so kick-happy… (and to the opposite end, ’report-happy).

oh, to be certain, i dont hate zerker people. i saw this one zerker guy, he was insane, killing stuff here and there. dang thats skill. so yea, skill at playing ur class, not gear, should matter more.

Incorrect Thinking

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator.6837)