Infinite Light Rework

Infinite Light Rework

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tribune.4510

Tribune.4510

Does anyone else think Infinite Light should actually give off light like the fiery dragon sword does? I feel kind of ripped off. :/

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Nope! Because infinite light is based off the GW1 Runic Sword! I <3 it and plan on making it as soon as i can get the charged lodestones for it!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Infinite Light Rework

Tribune.4510

So is the Fiery Dragon sword skin, which also didn’t provide light in GW1

Infinite Light Rework

Dante.1763

So is the Fiery Dragon sword skin, which also didn’t provide light in GW1

Well no, no weapon did. but its a solid blade of fire. While infinite light however is a solid blade of energy(more akin to an energy sword), thats how ive always looked at it at least. Its not light as the name implies, its more like a lightsaber from star wars.

Also, if thats all it takes to make you feel ripped off? im impressed. The skin itself is amazing, and the particle effect it has is pretty cool too.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Infinite Light Rework

Tribune.4510

Literally called Infinite Light yet has pretty much nothing to do with light besides glowing runes on the blade, which emit no light. Seems like a something that could be added fairly easily if you ask me. Also, The Flameseeker Prophecies has no fire but still emits light.

Infinite Light Rework

Dante.1763

Literally called Infinite Light yet has pretty much nothing to do with light besides glowing runes on the blade, which emit no light. Seems like a something that could be added fairly easily if you ask me. Also, The Flameseeker Prophecies has no fire but still emits light.

Again, its a light saber(those too dont give off light)! and it leaves fairy dust type stuff whenever you move. But its a rune sword, the runes are etched into the blade(despite how it looks.) Why does infinite light need to glow? thats my question. Its already one of the best looking sword skins in game(it surpasses Bolt in my opinion because of how pretty it is, and its not obnoxious). Sure it could (probably) be done, but does it need it? in my opinion, it does not. To each their own. You want it to glow, i dont, because i dont think it needs to glow.

As for the flameseeker prophecies, its a legendary, and its way way brighter than infinite light is. https://wiki.guildwars2.com /wiki/File:The_Flameseeker_Prophecies_wielded.jpg

that shield actually hurts my eyes too look at it, thats how bright it is, infinite light, not so much.

Sure it could (probmably) be done, but does it need it? in y opinion, it does not. To each their own. You want it to glow, i dont, because i dont think it needs to glow, id probably not make it if it did glow because the glows hurt my eyes whenever they get put over anything white.

jetpacks off I do hope you enjoy the sword for what it is though, its a pretty sword that gets almost no use because of how bloody expensive it is!

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

didn’t realize it doesn’t glow.

I’m impartial. if I had the final say, I’d probably make it glow though. Just makes sense to me

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Infinite Light Rework

Tribune.4510

didn’t realize it doesn’t glow.

I’m impartial. if I had the final say, I’d probably make it glow though. Just makes sense to me

It does make sense right! Just put in a small ground lighting effect like a torch but less intense, all I’m asking for.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It’s a blade with glowing runes inscribed on it. The runes glow already. I don’t care either way but if you look at how light coming from the balthazar backpack and the fiery dragon sword is handled… i’d rather they do not implement this effect.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Some people are just a bit too hung up on the name.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Well, the name does suggest that the sword is alight. Be that as it may, it still doesn’t put out the ‘glow’ some are looking for.

When you see how much these are worth, and how many rare materials (charged lodes) need to go into it, I think I’d like to see a bit more effect as well.

If all else fails, beat up a harpy warrior and rob it’s weapon.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

IMO it should emit light, but I’m not overly inconvenienced that it does not.

However, an awesome change would be for its runes to stop glowing when stowed and only come to life when the sword is wielded (just like Beacon of Light). I never regretted crafting it, but this kinda bothers me.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Less lighty runes would be better. I would enjoy it more if it was more like the old Runic Blade from GW1.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

The sword is very ugly imo…. and considering its price tag…. its a bit insulting.

I really don’t understand why people say they actually like the skin.

I understand that it is expensive…. and therefore desirable… but if it wasn’t so pricy…. would people even want it??

…and i completely agree with the op.

The cost of this weapon is not reflected by its ugly and lackluster skin, and it either needs to be reworked or have additional eye candy to make it worth its price.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Gagle Dan.6571

Gagle Dan.6571

The particles that come off the sword should be increased in size a little to be seen but i like how the skin isn’t just an overly flashy piece of fence gate with electricity (bolt)

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

The sword is very ugly imo…. and considering its price tag…. its a bit insulting.

I really don’t understand why people say they actually like the skin.

I understand that it is expensive…. and therefore desirable… but if it wasn’t so pricy…. would people even want it??

…and i completely agree with the op.

The cost of this weapon is not reflected by its ugly and lackluster skin, and it either needs to be reworked or have additional eye candy to make it worth its price.

Depends I guess. Some people like the skin, some don’t. The same way you might like cheap-looking fiery armour set from Citadel of Flame, some other people might not like it.
And if the price went down, I would buy one. I just can’t afford it at the moment.

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Toast.1495

Toast.1495

Could we maybe get a version of the sword skin that doesn’t have the glowy bits, bells, and whistles and is actually attainable by the average player?

I think it is one of the coolest sword skins available, but I can do without the particle effects.

“Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” ~ Illusions (Richard Bach).

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I really like Infinite Light design, but I think it lacks something for the price and rarity. Something special like Immobulus with the lucky charms particules. I don’t know what though. Not even sure that a glow would add this + value.

VoxL, NSPPT

Infinite Light Rework

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Infinite light is perfect as it is.
Not too shiny, not too boring. Expensive enough it becomes a rarity and a desire skin for everyone. Unique design worth to be a legendary, yet it isn’t so all those farmers don’t look at it.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz