in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lirael.2603

Lirael.2603

Please tell me that’s Photoshopped…

Infusions affect normal stats!

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

Are you kidding me? That’s not even taking into account the stats added to infusions.

I have never, ever felt more betrayed by a game dev I trusted. They outright, without a doubt lied to us. Blatantly.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

(edited by Lande.5782)

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Much worse than +8% this is terrible. I cannot understand why they’d great such a huge bump in stats requiring forced pve for us.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Moose,

Finding this thread at 3.20 lying in bed was hilarious. Thanks

Dinkle

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I refuse to do dungeons more than pvp.
It’s the bottom line.
I don’t think I have to say what it means.
Sure I do, I won’t play this game if it FORCES me to do dungeons.
Simple as that.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Untwist your panties for 2 seconds guys.

That ring you’re looking at is basically an ascended ring of divinity with a jewel of divinity fitted; no such thing exists in PvE, but that is fundamentally what you’re looking at in terms of stats and why it looks so OP – any kind’ve divinity gear does because it has a HUGE list of attributes.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Sirge.8934

Sirge.8934

Wow. Ok. Now I’m ticked. I was giving Anet the benefit of the doubt.

But now, Agony is vastly superior.That’s not even funny. I’m going to hope that ring is just some weird combo of code that won’t see the light of day.

I really do not understand what Anet is thinking. They ran GW1 for 7 years. Sure, a few of the abilities got better over time, but it was over the course of years. Are they under new management or something?

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Wow, that’s….

um, a whole lot better all right.

And I can only get this by grinding 9 rooms with a group of people?
And we kick anyone who brings the reward level down right? gotta be efficient…

….yeah…

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

But now, Agony is vastly superior.That’s not even funny. I’m going to hope that ring is just some weird combo of code that won’t see the light of day.

I really do not understand what Anet is thinking. They ran GW1 for 7 years. Sure, a few of the abilities got better over time, but it was over the course of years. Are they under new management or something?

http://www.gw2db.com/items?filter-item-rarity=8

Here’s a list of all the Ascended items.

Posted by: AW Lore.5682

AW Lore.5682

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71366-red-ring-of-death

Anet, what you did there

i see it.

all i have to say is

lolz

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

http://www.gw2db.com/items?filter-item-rarity=8

Here’s a list of all the Ascended items.

Man would this ever be an awesome update if all that gear was just Exotic!

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

This is ridiculous, those are the stats i expect to see in WOW or Rift… I never… in my wildest nightmares expected to see this kinda stuff show up in GW2… let alone this SOON and suddenly.

I swear if it was April i would assume Arenanet is punking us… this is simply… shocking.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

If ascended gear had been in at release would you all still be complaining? I think most of the complaints are coming from people with full exotic that don’t like the fact they’re not top-tier any more. I understand the frustration there but I still think people need to look at this as a new rarity and not a new tier.

They explained it pretty well in the dev blog: the rarity levels had a gaping hole between exotic and legendary, they needed something to plug the gap. They’ve already said this stuff will be obtainable in WvW as well so the people whining about having to run the fractals for it have nothing to complain about.

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

Whatever man, I’m going to just chill and watch the train wreck happening. It’s obvious they’re ignoring everything we’re saying.

I guess I got my 60 bucks worth.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’m actually not all that troubled by it.
Right now everywhere I go my character feels powerful with exotics. Heck, even my MF set, I win pve.

I think even if I weren’t going to play the new stuff, my exotic gear will continue to let me farm, explore, get achieves. That there’s even higher gear… I’ll still do Orr (if I do Orr) in MF exotics.

kipz.8701

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71366-red-ring-of-death

Anet, what you did there

i see it.

all i have to say is

lolz

I found this pretty funny too!

My only concern is the gear all seems to be power/toughness/precision/cond dmg.

Wheres my healing ANET?

You said there would be healing?

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

If ascended gear had been in at release would you all still be complaining? I think most of the complaints are coming from people with full exotic that don’t like the fact they’re not top-tier any more. I understand the frustration there but I still think people need to look at this as a new rarity and not a new tier.

They explained it pretty well in the dev blog: the rarity levels had a gaping hole between exotic and legendary, they needed something to plug the gap. They’ve already said this stuff will be obtainable in WvW as well so the people whining about having to run the fractals for it have nothing to complain about.

People are complaining exactly because of that.
Why? Because we were told this would not happen.

We were promised one thing, yet sold another. We have a right to be upset. Not to mention this stuff can only be obtained through the fractals of the mists, so those who don’t wish to dungeon to get their armor are kittened.

Lande.5782

Not sure how many times this needs to be explained, but I’ll try again:

There is no gap between Exotics and Legendary. They are the exact same stats.

Crater.1625

They explained it pretty well in the dev blog: the rarity levels had a gaping hole between exotic and legendary, they needed something to plug the gap.

There was not a “gaping hole” in anything. Exotic weapons ran the gamut from being worth 1.5-2g each all the way up to 500-600g or even slightly more, which is very close to the monetary cost of a Legendary.

To the extent that certain value levels in certain equipment slots were a bit thin, those could have easily been rectified without introducing power creep and a gear treadmill.

Edit: And yes, people are angry that their maxed-out characters are no longer maxed out. That’s what a “gear treadmill” is.

And you know what? Yes, I’d be complaining if Ascended items had been in the game from the start. Getting baseline Exotics for your character takes long enough, particularly if you play more than one character, or use more than one build on each character. The higher levels of grinding could have, should have, and were reserved for getting better cosmetic equipment.

(edited by Crater.1625)

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Your second paragraph, and their blog, ,take absolutely no sense. The stats on legendaries are the SAME as exotics….so how does adding a new tier with HIGHER stats plug that gap? Now ascended items are essentially exotics and there is a gap between ascended and legendaries.

Are they going to add another tier to “bridge the gap” between ascended and legendaries now?

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

if it required hours of dungeons to get, yes.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

mulch.2586

Whatever man, I’m going to just chill and watch the train wreck happening. It’s obvious they’re ignoring everything we’re saying.

Yeah I got my 60 bucks worth, too. $140 cuz I got the collectors for my son, too. No big deal, the $$.

I think they weren’t ignoring everything and actually responding. Cuz these forums had thread after thread, complaint after complaint from people who geared up and then felt like there was nothing left to do.

It’s all over the game sites. GW2 has no end game. Plays great, but no end game. Gets boring after 80, nothing do to.

Players chanted that like a mantra. So ok, now there’s something to do.

Or not if you don’t want to.

Either decide that you want it or decide you don’t want it. The game will continue to play the same with your exotic set.

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

Hate to break it to you but.. Do you realize how LONG it will take to get each piece of ascended gear? It takes ~2000 fractal tokens to get the stuff required to craft each piece. 1350 for the exo backpiece then 500 for the asc gift.

Guess the rate at which you get fractal tokens. Give up?

5 tokens every room, with every room taking 15-30mins to complete. PLUS running into an agony-wall gear-check that will force you to spend time looking for someone who can allow you to enter the lower levels again (i.e. a newcomer who hasn’t played the dungeon to death that you have to ‘carry’). We are talking DAYS/WEEKS of grinding for each ascended piece, as opposed to getting exos with the choice of your stats for 1-5g a peice from TP or crafting them (lvl a craft 0-400 in 1-2 hrs, and ur g2g).

I’m sorry, the thought that should be running through your mind is: “ok, the stats would have been acceptable as a top-tier (it is now NOT acceptable period), but the grind/time-sink sure as heck is NOT, considering the game is named GUILD WARS, not Lineage 2, Aion, WoW or Rift”.

At what point did you accept anet’s lie/broken promise. They specifically and repeatedly told everyone that there would not be ANY vertical progression or treadmill, ever. And now, they’re not even saying there won’t be more tiers between exo/legendary, because there very likely will be. Welcome to Grind Wars 2, would you like a Lineage 2 T-shirt with that?

(edited by Slic.2406)

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Please tell me that’s Photoshopped…

Sadly it’s not shopped, there are quite a few of these now.

[&Ag-gkAAA]

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Yeah I got my 60 bucks worth, too. $140 cuz I got the collectors for my son, too. No big deal, the $$.

I think they weren’t ignoring everything and actually responding. Cuz these forums had thread after thread, complaint after complaint from people who geared up and then felt like there was nothing left to do.

It’s all over the game sites. GW2 has no end game. Plays great, but no end game. Gets boring after 80, nothing do to.

Or not if you don’t want to.

Either decide that you want it or decide you don’t want it. The game will continue to play the same with your exotic set.

This update could’ve came with everything except the Ascended kitten and it’d have worked fine. Great even. Give us a leaderboard to see who can get the furthest on FotM. Heck, give us agony without the resist gear. IT WOULD’VE ALL WORKED.

Crater.1625

So when a handful of players post a handful of threads whining that they want better gear to grind out, ArenaNet is entirely justified in listening to them.

But when there’s ten times as much forum activity from players saying that they don’t want a gear treadmill introduced into the game – then ArenaNet should just ignore those people, and they should just suck it up and deal with it?

Edit: Not to mention that this update has tons of “stuff to do” even if you just delete the Ascended equipment entirely – let alone if the Ascended items were repurposed into newer Exotic items to collect.

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

i have to say this line just makes no sense to me.

i have to assume you mean “if you never go WvW.” and just left that off.

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

It appears getting Ascended gear is going to be a huge grind, according to this article:

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists

I’ll take my leave.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

And when all arenaNet is left with is a bunch of WoW players too poor to pay the monthly then what?

Lande.5782

I say go ahead and feel broken and empty inside that Arenanet shattered your fragile expectations by providing you with what you begged for by coincidentally adding another tier to the gear level. Please, if you feel so strongly about it, stop playing the game and stop posting here. Rest assured, you won’t be missed.

I’ll wait out the WoW locusts, and hopefully ANet will come back to their senses.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

LFM 3/6 Asc. link req.

Inv! 3/3 here.

Hahaha look at your infusions.! You need the +10 rare ones.

:(

kipz.8701

Id like to propose a question to the guys crying about this.

Did it take you long to get fully exotic’d? and not the “skin” I mean just the gear with stats.

It’s ridiculously easy to get exotic gear, so yes, there is a huge gap where I think ascended gear fits nicely. Comparing gear in GW2 to GW is just showing how narrow minded some of the community can be.

bcbully.7289

I say go ahead and feel broken and empty inside that Arenanet shattered your fragile expectations by providing you with what you begged for by coincidentally adding another tier to the gear level. Please, if you feel so strongly about it, stop playing the game and stop posting here. Rest assured, you won’t be missed.

I’ll wait out the WoW locusts, and hopefully ANet will come back to their senses.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

The WoW pvers have been gone. No large scale guild content.

Crater.1625

You guys love stats. Care to provide stats saying you’re the majority?

You see that gigantic monster of a thread nearing 10,000 posts, most of which is overwhelmingly negative toward the idea of introducing a gear treadmill? You see how if you go back through older pages of this forum, there’s nothing even remotely similar to that sort of reaction in favour of a gear grind?

Yeah.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

It appears that Arenanet has made their decision on which type of customers they’d like to keep.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Your second paragraph, and their blog, ,take absolutely no sense. The stats on legendaries are the SAME as exotics….so how does adding a new tier with HIGHER stats plug that gap? Now ascended items are essentially exotics and there is a gap between ascended and legendaries.

Are they going to add another tier to “bridge the gap” between ascended and legendaries now?

The gap isn’t in stats, it’s in difficulty to obtain. That’s what the blog was highlighting; player get decked out in exotics stupidly easy then have nothing to do but farm for a legendary. That wasn’t their intent. They claim they didn’t expect people to get full exotics so easily (naive I know) so the ascended gear is filling the gap between easy-to-get and near-impossible-to-get with just hard-to-get.

If they add another tier beyond ascended then I’ll take my words back but I still see this more as them fixing an oversight in terms of giving players something to work towards.

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I love it when people say they’re taking their leave, yet still hang around to moan and groan weeks later.

I promise you that I have walked away from every game I played and never returned.
Ask WOW about that back in Burning Crusade.
Ask Vanguard about it when they went F2P.
Ask LOTRO about it when I had a lifetime sub and they lied about going F2P then did it.

This customer means buh bye when they leave.
GW2 was sold to me on the idea of new, innovative, different.

Gear grinding as an end game isn’t different.
I can’t fit it into W3 and defend my maps and frankly I don’t like dungeons anymore.
I don’t like waiting on other people.
I don’t like them being elitists and trying to make me cheat because they found an exploit and I have to be the stick in the mud saying “let’s just do it normal guys”.
I don’t like DKP.
I don’t like fighting ppl for gear.
I don’t like joining a guild and playing with people I can’t stand IRL just because they are warm bodies that gear me.

They are pressuring this, no one but them.
They have a good game in some parts but if it falls down they can’t say that they didn’t get feedback on it. People aren’t posting to whine, they are posting to give them the lowdown on what this means to their player base.

You can jump up and down all you like, who is stopping you. I won’t be if I have to play PVE just to be competitive in PVP and I have to do this over and over.

(edited by psirca.9452)

bcbully.7289

The gap isn’t in stats, it’s in difficulty to obtain. That’s what the blog was highlighting; player get decked out in exotics stupidly easy then have nothing to do but farm for a legendary. That wasn’t their intent. They claim they didn’t expect people to get full exotics so easily (naive I know) so the ascended gear is filling the gap between easy-to-get and near-impossible-to-get with just hard-to-get.

If they add another tier beyond ascended then I’ll take my words back but I still see this more as them fixing an oversight in terms of giving players something to work towards.

Right there was a gap in grind time. Wait for it… waaaait

Sooo why did they add stats????

What about when they add infusion tiers? Will you eat your words then?

Crater.1625

Except there are Exotics that are as difficult to obtain as any of the Ascended pieces we’re aware of, and Exotics that are just shy (~2/3 the value, or more) of being as difficult as a Legendary is to obtain.

There is no gap.

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

You guys love stats. Care to provide stats saying you’re the majority?

You see that gigantic monster of a thread nearing 10,000 posts, most of which is overwhelmingly negative toward the idea of introducing a gear treadmill? You see how if you go back through older pages of this forum, there’s nothing even remotely similar to that sort of reaction in favour of a gear grind?

Yeah.

^

Also, Vermillion.. Log into LA on your server and ask, say, 100 randomly picked players “How many friends were active on your friends list 1 week ago? And how many are still active now? And how do you feel about all your lvl80s and their full-exotic sets becoming obsolete starting on the 15th? How do you feel about the legendaries you transmuted exotic stats onto, because they sure as heck will retain the inferior stats?”. Don’t take our word for it. Do your own research, see it with your own eyes.

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. My last shred of faith is hanging by that thread. If it goes any further than this, I’m out for good.

mulch.2586

i have to say this line just makes no sense to me.

i have to assume you mean “if you never go WvW.” and just left that off.

If you’re the kind of player who can’t win in wvw without the absolute max possible stats, then go ahead. It was never meant to be balanced there anyway, that’s why gem/gold buyers can buy more stuff.

I honestly do just as fine there with my lowbie alts as I do on my 80s. Cuz you don’t need exotic to run an arrow cart.

I really think you may actually end up doing better with your runed wvw gear than ascended. Time will tell.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I wouldn’t have bought the game at all if this had been in at beta because I would have known I couldn’t be competitive in WvW without grinding dungeons.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

bcbully.7289

I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. My last shred of faith is hanging by that thread. If it goes any further than this, I’m out for good.

Don’t worry they might not add a new tier, the will add “more powerful infusions” but since that’s not gear it’s ok huh?

Posted by: Jobe.6721

Jobe.6721

Thats gonna be a rather large gear gap between legendary and exotic if thats the middle.. LOL

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

They explained it pretty well in the dev blog: the rarity levels had a gaping hole between exotic and legendary, they needed something to plug the gap.

There was not a “gaping hole” in anything. Exotic weapons ran the gamut from being worth 1.5-2g each all the way up to 500-600g or even slightly more, which is very close to the monetary cost of a Legendary.

To the extent that certain value levels in certain equipment slots were a bit thin, those could have easily been rectified without introducing power creep and a gear treadmill.

Edit: And yes, people are angry that their maxed-out characters are no longer maxed out. That’s what a “gear treadmill” is.

And you know what? Yes, I’d be complaining if Ascended items had been in the game from the start. Getting baseline Exotics for your character takes long enough, particularly if you play more than one character, or use more than one build on each character. The higher levels of grinding could have, should have, and were reserved for getting better cosmetic equipment.

That ^
Grind was supposed to be reserved for aesthetics not stats so max gear would relativity easy to obtain.

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

The gap between Exotic and legendary was an effort gap.

Ascended gear was intended to fill that gap.

However, by adding better stats to ascended gear they successfully created ANOTHER gap to take the original gaps place.

GG Arenanet on becoming EA; fix one problem, create another even worse problem.

(edited by Blacksarevok.8104)

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

I’m greatly disjointed in how most of you forum gamers are behaving. Yeah sure the new armor rank has its ups and downs but why are ya’ll acting like it’s the end of the world?

first off most people would have stuck with a dedicated pve game if they wanted to grind items like its their job. there are already several fully fleshed out games dedicated to grinding items that cater to the no-lifer crowds making them feel like spending their life in front of a monitor is rewarding in some way.

and secondly, its been 3 months and they already have the next ‘tier’ of gear released. do you honestly think this will be the end of it?

There is always sPvP, by the way.

Crater.1625

They gap between Exotic and legendary was an effort gap.

Ascended gear was intended to fill that gap.

However, by adding better stats to ascended gear they successfully created ANOTHER gap to take the original gaps place.

GG Arenanet on becoming EA; fix one problem, create another even worse problem.

There wasn’t even an effort gap! They put Ascended items in for no reason except to cater to people who can’t live without higher numbers.