Instant trait resets Refund?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Q:

So.. I have 2 of those sitting at my bank, I didn’t bought those directly from the store, i got on BL chests, that I BOUGHT keys. I never find a use for those things, and now they will become even more obsolete.

Will can I exchange those things for something? Could even be transmutation charges. :z

I know I didn’t bought these with gems, but well, they come in a place of something that could be useful, and I’ve paid for did in the end.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

did you send a support ticket?

try that and explain your situation to them.

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Yeah I have a few of these I gained from real money purchases.. would be good if these get compensated somehow otherwise it leaves the whole door open for things being purchased with real money just being deleted willy nilly thus making people not want to spend real money.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I say hold on to them Anet may make them into some other type of item for ppl to use or some way to trad them in if not your not for the worst holding on to them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I remember a red post stating to just use them.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

MauricioCezar.2673

I remember a red post stating to just use them.

The fact is… I don’t really had a use for it. I got ti on a random BLC, with keys that I BOUGHT, well.. you can’t blame me for have a item that I didn’t want to.. Since this was forced upon me, and now is totally of no use :P

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they’ll just convert them to black lion keys .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

did you send a support ticket?

try that and explain your situation to them.

No, don’t submit a ticket.

This is what Gaile posted in the account forum regarding the April 15th issues:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Duplicate-unused-premium-armor-skins/first#post3811729

You can submit questions about the Feature Build after it goes live on April 15th. In the meantime, watch for more information via our Knowledge Base (search: Wardrobe) and blog posts.

Everyone: Please do not submit tickets or make forum posts about the Feature Build at this time. Customer Support cannot assist with these matters in advance of the build going live.

So in other words, stay tuned for more information and don’t contact support regarding this until the April 15th patch as they cannot help you at this time. Submitting tickets about things related to the Apr 15 patch will just slow down support for those that need it and they can’t help you at this time.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Meh, I don’t have any use for the 100s of Mystery Tonics I have gotten from BLTC chests, etc. either. Or many of the boosters. I’ve never used the Make-over kits. Etc., etc.

I think one just takes a chance on chests, that they may or may not have something useful….or useless to us.

Also, if they were worth nothing to you before the change, why would you be compensated for something you deemed worthless? And, unless you play a vastly different game than I do, I truly don’t believe they were forced upon you. I believe obtaining keys is voluntary, as is the process of using them to open BLTC chests. At least, it is for me. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

MauricioCezar.2673

Meh, I don’t have any use for the 100s of Mystery Tonics I have gotten from BLTC chests, etc. either. Or many of the boosters. I’ve never used the Make-over kits. Etc., etc.

I think one just takes a chance on chests, that they may or may not have something useful….or useless to us.

Either way, they are not obsolote. You can hold and maybe for a divine intervention, you end up getting a use for it.

Instant trait reset will become Obsolote.

Also, ty for info, I’ll be waiting until April 15 so.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well the trait resets are still useful until the 15th. Those that have them should use them up if you have them.

The Burninator

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

so…
you bought a lottery ticket
won a toy for cat, but you dont need it, coz you have a lot of toys/you dont have cat.
will anyone give you refund?
seriosly?

MauricioCezar.2673

Only to state : I Don’t expect a “refund” at all (I.E. Key/Gems). Just something for what I can Trade to.

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

Aleatory contract is explained here:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/aleatory-contract.asp

Alea iacta est…

Feel free to contact in-game support though. Only after the update of course.

Quis qustodiet custodes?

(edited by Lexx.5780)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

so…
you bought a lottery ticket
won a toy for cat, but you dont need it, coz you have a lot of toys/you dont have cat.
will anyone give you refund?
seriosly?

Your analogy doesn’t work, the cat toy would still be useful if you ever decided to get a cat.

Equivalent for OP is that you get a cat toy and all cats are being removed from the earth on apr 15.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Instant trait reset becoming obsolete is no different than glory boosters becoming obsolete. If you buy them directly, you will get a refund. If you get them from a BLC, you will get nothing. I don’t agree with that decision but that is the path they have chosen to take.