Interesting Ideas for the future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

I know that everyone is super hype about the new Path of Flames expansion which is coming out soon, but I was curious what everyone’s thoughts were for a new expansion or add-on’s after this one’s released. Never to early to give the dev teams ideas! lol

One of these ideas which has been itching me for a while now is amphibious weapons. Spear and Trident feel like weapons that would work just as well on-land as in-water. I’d love to see certain classes gain Amphibious Weapons that can be used. (e.g.: If Spears had been in the game, imagine ACTUALLY getting Sunspears instead of Spellbreaker). Just my 2 cents on the whole land/underwater mechanic.

How long do you guys think Gw2 will end up surviving? I’m honestly hoping this ends up like WoW, with it continuing to be supported and updated even 20 years from now. But if there is ever a Gw3, I’d be happy to play it too, lol.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Honestly spears being a land based weapon has been asked for for a long time, i think as long as the game has been out, and yes its something i want. Hopefully they do, and im hoping ranger gets it cause im selfish!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Build templates please – again, asked for numerous times : D

As to GW/2’s future, here’s an interesting thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gw2-after-death/first#post6692403

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

I would like to see a third specialization line + the elite specialization for a total of four specializations.

This would allow for more options without a major change to the character. Even if you introduce a couple new non-elite specializations in the future, it could create synergy with the new weapons opened up with the elites. Right now the specializations only deal with the core weapons each profession has available.

I would also like to see another line of crafting somewhere between the Ascended and Legendary. To have limited abilities (1 or 2 traits) of Legendary weapons/armor without requiring the same mastery point progression. This would also allow ANet to reevaluate some of the Legendary weapons that are no longer viable due to lack of PUGs or successfully completing a structured event.

And I want Fuzzy Bunny Slippers!

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’d like boats. HUGE, massive sailing vessels with “stuff” to do them. Like fishing. —runs for the hills--

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Eve.9812

Eve.9812

story-wise, i just hope that the next expansion has a more ‘human’ antagonist

not necessarily physically, fighting dragons and gods is pretty cool, but i find it far more interesting to fight against an enemy whose motivation anyone can relate to
a villain that does the wrong things for the right reasons, who believes strongly that he is doing the right thing and has a grand or noble reason for doing so, but inevitably goes too far, puts his motivations too high above others, and so on
you see it in rebellions & civil wars, people who believe in their heart that they are freeing their nation from oppression by opposing what they believe is a tyrannical government
you still see it in aggressive leaders, going to war against neighboring countries over land disputes, seeking only to provide for their people

it makes for a much more immersive tale than ‘the big bad guy wants to [take over/destroy] the [world/universe], you have to stop him!’
i will admit, i could be mistaken about the PoF antagonist being so one-dimensional, as i have not yet explored the lore behind it, but it was absolutely presented that way in the expansion announcement. i suppose it would be more fitting for me to say “i hope balthazar has a genuine, relatable reason for all of this villainy rather than your typical ‘he did it because he was corrupted and pure evil!’ shenanigans”

that being the case, i am not sure if antagonists that are relatable are as easily marketable as ones who are less faceted. from what i have seen, the more complicated a game’s story gets, the smaller its audience gets.

Posted by: AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

Honestly… now that I’m thinking about it… I’m hoping ArenaNet just makes on expansion that doesn’t have me crying underneath my bed for a month. I know its dumb that I’m crying over digital data, but so far, I’ve had my heart torn out several times over replaying the storyline with a new character…