Interesting community reactions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

Most people who are happy about the changes (which i think is the majority) dont say anything in the forums. Only people who see some flaws (there a some minor flaws in my opinion but nothing dramatic so far) post on the forums. Or people who have expensive weapons and dyes. but this will settle bc it should be one of the better patches.

So i think the answer is both mob mentality and that happy people dont complain in the forums

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I was pretty excited at first.

Then I re-read the blog post.
Then I read it a third time for clarification.

Then I read some posts that pointed out things I didn’t initially think of.

Then I spent some time thinking about how this change affects me and the people I play with.

I realized it changes nothing. The cost is still per use. Nothing changed except the user interface and some phrasing. People are going to use the same amount of ‘pay to make a change’ transmutation charges that they did for ‘pay to make a change’ transmutation crystals.

Pay per use is pay per use no matter the UI. This only really helps some people free up some bank space.

I believe I would feel differently if it were a pay to unlock and usage was free system.

It gives me the ability to attempt to collect every armor skin in the game and use them where and when I see fit. That’s awesome. It isn’t cheaper than the current system, but it’s much more cool.

Was happy, am happy. And very much looking forward to the three Facilitate Friendly Play blog posts.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

How anyone who asked for a wardrobe could have thought that it would be free to use infinitely any skin you bought once, or received once, is beyond my comprehension. That’s my issue with this. And they’re even giving us ample time to farm those low level transmutation stones so that we can get free charges come April 15.

Now, as for what kind of player I am, you’re half right. I place expensive skins on my expensive weapons and armors. I have been so hesitant to change them, because I would be losing either my stats or my skins. I no longer have to feel like I’m wasting my dungeon armors or my cultural armors just because I want to try something else. This will change a lot for me. I know some people are perfectly fine with their looks, but then some people are perfectly fine with have 1 character.

I can now (As of April 15) change any character’s look I want with the penalty of a few of these charges. Rather than, the penalty of the ascended gear stats versus the full cost of my cultural armors or gem store armors. I don’t need to lose them. I have my end game gear, and I can change it with a relatively small cost in comparison to what it would be.

Does this make sense?

What you are saying makes perfect sense, for how you play.

for expensive sets, its most valuable, you are paying say 36 gold instead of 100g, for gear that only costs 20s-3 gold per piece, you are probably paying more than the gear costs every time you change.

As far as being free, some would say it should be free, but i have no illusions about the chance of that. I am saying however over all, anet would make more money with charge per unlocks even if the unlocking part was per charachter than they would ever make with per change.

And the problems is it doesnt solve a lot of the cosmetics issues, you still need to carry around armor for every look unless you want to pay 32 gold every time you change your look, or 3.60$ you still shouldnt use those skins in your bank unless you are sure who wants to use them. you still shouldnt waste your transmutation stones on a lark, because you will need them if they make some new cool gear drop, or you decide to change your look.

solved some problems, made high end items more effecient, but overall, not much changes. People who dont mind spending 32 gold for a new look (64 if you ever go back to the initial look) or 3.60/7.20 irl, are getting a lot more out of it, but i dont think the number of people who feel that is worthy would equal the amount that would spend the same amount to permantly unlock.

I just dont see the one look thing changing much with this. destruction was only one facet of the problem.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I was very happy about the wardrobe. It was something I expected to be in the game since launch cuz Anet said you’d be collecting skins in this game but then I realized certain stuff that made it for ME go from a 10 to a 0 IF I’m right (please continue reading);

1. Weapons can’t be dyed. I really want certain weapons but I like my armor to stay in the colors I like and not change them. This means that I won’t be collecting weapons
2. Backpieces can’t be dyed. Same story as weapons.

Now this made made it for me drop only from a 10 to an 8 even though that would mean that 2/3 of the things I could collect I wouldn’t collect. Because the thing that I care most about is armor but then I found out about something;

3. As some if not all of you know the wall between PvP and PvE will be broken. Now what I thought this meant was that I could do PvP and get a dungeon armor like the heavy Armor of Koda and send it to pve or do for example the Honor of Waves dungeon and send the heavy Armor of Koda to PvP.

I have no interest whatsoever in doing PvP and I absolutely hate dungeons and especially in GW2. So basically this wall being broken meant nothing to me BUT someone told me that with gold that I could earn easily in PvE I could buy the skins from PvP and this would mean that the rumored (at that time) wardrobe would have a meaning to me cuz I could collect a ton of armor skins (which is something Ireally wanted to do in this game) cuz all that’s left for me besides dungeon armor is the Dark armor and Exalted armor.

Then yesterday the wardrobe gets confirmed and I get all happy of course but then after a while I started thinking about certain things. The whole thing about weapons and backpieces that can’t be dyed and the fact that this person told me about the gold thing and not Anet. So I decided to confirm what he said but couldn’t find anything about it except for the the thing I originally thought it meant; “I could do PvP and get a dungeon armor like the heavy Armor of Koda and send it to pve or do for example the Honor of Waves dungeon and send the heavy Armor of Koda to PvP”. Which meant that the wardrobe is equal to nothing (“from a 10 to a 0”) to me cuz I won’t do PvP nor dungeons to get the skins.

If there is anyone that can give me a link where it says that you can buy the dungeon PvP skins with gold then please do but if there isn’t something like this then I got happy for nothing and need to face the fact that there also won’t be anything for me to do in this game (things that I want to do) except for dailies and living story untill it bores me which will highly likely be sooner then later.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I was very happy about the wardrobe. It was something I expected to be in the game since launch cuz Anet said you’d be collecting skins in this game but then I realized certain stuff that made it for ME go from a 10 to a 0 IF I’m right (please continue reading);

1. Weapons can’t be dyed. I really want certain weapons but I like my armor to stay in the colors I like and not change them. This means that I won’t be collecting weapons
2. Backpieces can’t be dyed. Same story as weapons.

Now this made made it for me drop only from a 10 to an 8 even though that would mean that 2/3 of the things I could collect I wouldn’t collect. Because the thing that I care most about is armor but then I found out about something;

3. As some if not all of you know the wall between PvP and PvE will be broken. Now what I thought this meant was that I could do PvP and get a dungeon armor like the heavy Armor of Koda and send it to pve or do for example the Honor of Waves dungeon and send the heavy Armor of Koda to PvP.

I have no interest whatsoever in doing PvP and I absolutely hate dungeons and especially in GW2. So basically this wall being broken meant nothing to me BUT someone told me that with gold that I could earn easily in PvE I could buy the skins from PvP and this would mean that the rumored (at that time) wardrobe would have a meaning to me cuz I could collect a ton of armor skins (which is something Ireally wanted to do in this game) cuz all that’s left for me besides dungeon armor is the Dark armor and Exalted armor.

Then yesterday the wardrobe gets confirmed and I get all happy of course but then after a while I started thinking about certain things. The whole thing about weapons and backpieces that can’t be dyed and the fact that this person told me about the gold thing and not Anet. So I decided to confirm what he said but couldn’t find anything about it except for the the thing I originally thought it meant; “I could do PvP and get a dungeon armor like the heavy Armor of Koda and send it to pve or do for example the Honor of Waves dungeon and send the heavy Armor of Koda to PvP”. Which meant that the wardrobe is equal to nothing (“from a 10 to a 0”) to me cuz I won’t do PvP nor dungeons to get the skins.

If there is anyone that can give me a link where it says that you can buy the dungeon PvP skins with gold then please do but if there isn’t something like this then I got happy for nothing and need to face the fact that there also won’t be anything for me to do in this game (things that I want to do) except for dailies and living story untill it bores me which will highly likely be sooner then later.

The fact that you can use PvP gear in Pve isn’t even confirmed.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The illusion of ‘’some threads are negative, people dislike the game’’ is, well, as stated an illusion. WoW have had that for 10 years.

Not saying, feedback shouldn’t be adressed but forums are usually negative since it is the place where people complain.

Exactly. Most of the negativity in a forum can usually be traced back to around 20-30 people.

That’s 20-30 people out of how many that play the game?

I’m in a referall dependant business and let me tell you….a disgruntled customer will tell 20 others that they hate you, while a pleased customer will tell no one.

Ncsofts 4th quarter financial statement says it’s more then 20-30 people.

They had a loss of 25% in IN GAME sales for that quarter.

Go look it up.

There are no subs to measure so the only way to measure this game’s success is via the gem shop. Quite frankly the only player’s that matter are those spending money – like it or not this is a business first and foremost.

So a decline in their sales is simply viewed as a decline in their paying customer base – which for all intents and purchases means less paying customers.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

(edited by Azreell.1568)

nGumball.1283

The illusion of ‘’some threads are negative, people dislike the game’’ is, well, as stated an illusion. WoW have had that for 10 years.

Not saying, feedback shouldn’t be adressed but forums are usually negative since it is the place where people complain.

Exactly. Most of the negativity in a forum can usually be traced back to around 20-30 people.

I’m in a referall dependant business and let me tell you….a disgruntled customer will tell 20 others that they hate you, while a pleased customer will tell no one.

Go look it up.

GW2 will die like how WoW died 10 years ago.

Azreell.1568

Go look it up.

GW2 will die like how WoW died 10 years ago.

GW2 is not dying atm but it is losing paying customers. It will continue to be the niche game that is is – abit less people If anet doesn’t start moving in a direction people want.

This patch “might” be a good starting step – but we will see.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

The fact that you can use PvP gear in Pve isn’t even confirmed.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

Anet just announced their plans for improved PvP rewards. Among their most important announcements was this:

“In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. This means that players who have carefully crafted their appearance in one area of the game will have a way to carry that look over to other areas of the game.”

“Even though we will be eliminating the distinction between PvP and PvE gear, gear in PvP will continue to not have stats. The armor and weapons you carry into PvP will be, like they are now, just for looks. Traits, skills, runes and sigils will still be different for PvP so you will continue to be able to have different builds in PvP and PvE.”

“Existing PvP skins will still have value with upcoming changes, so it benefits you greatly to continue filling out your collection.”

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

How anyone who asked for a wardrobe could have thought that it would be free to use infinitely any skin you bought once, or received once, is beyond my comprehension. That’s my issue with this. And they’re even giving us ample time to farm those low level transmutation stones so that we can get free charges come April 15.

Because they based their experience of a wardrobe on the PvP wardrobe, where it IS free do use skins once you’ve unlocked them. And also, because that’s actually what people were asking for. They asked for a wardrobe where you could unlock all your skins across your account and apply them any time for free. So, when they saw that the wardrobe had been announced, they automatically assumed that it was what they asked for.

Whether or not people should be disappointed is clearly a subjective thing. But I can understand why people are.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

At first I was like, “wow, feature pack, it’s gonna rock!”, but now I’ve realised that this game’s doomed. 2 years and almsot no new permanent content.

God, forgive ANet for their mistakes…

GW3 is the only thing that may actually save this game!:)

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

You forget one thing. You had to buy 2 sets of armor AND use transmutation stones to get the desired effect, in the new system you only need the transmutation stones since you’ve already unlocked that, and other, armors for every toon.

Not really. In my case, after the first purchase, I’d still have those skins on that alt available for future use. It’s not so different than the proposed change, just requires an inventory slot unless I make the change right away. The difference being, of course, that it costs 3 times as much.

Having a skin unlocked in the Wardrobe really only benefits with either really expensive skins or sharing one skin across multiple characters.

phys.7689

At first I was like, “wow, feature pack, it’s gonna rock!”, but now I’ve realised that this game’s doomed. 2 years and almsot no new permanent content.

while this isnt really on topic, i agree, they make a lot of changes to the game, but so far they havent expanded the game much.
Game expanding changes would probably be
Fractals
Guild Missions/progression
9 new skills
40 new traits
1 new zone.

which isnt really much at the end of the day. Guild missions is not something i can participate in, which is fine, but it still seems like it is in its infancy. Fractals i think was probably the best thing. the new skills is fairly small amount of change, the new zone while visually impressive is not as well designed content wise as other zones.(generally feels like not much to do there) and the traits havent happened yet so i cant comment on them too much.

Really i like Gw2 in general, but i just dont have much interesting to do anymore.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Because they based their experience of a wardrobe on the PvP wardrobe, where it IS free do use skins once you’ve unlocked them. And also, because that’s actually what people were asking for. They asked for a wardrobe where you could unlock all your skins across your account and apply them any time for free. So, when they saw that the wardrobe had been announced, they automatically assumed that it was what they asked for.

Whether or not people should be disappointed is clearly a subjective thing. But I can understand why people are.

I was under the impression that while they were account bound, pvp armors, if you wanted, say 2 rubric chests pieces, you needed to get 2. You didn’t have infinite use of that skin.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Azreell.1568

while this isnt really on topic, i agree, they make a lot of changes to the game, but so far they havent expanded the game much.
Fractals
9 new skills
40 new traits
1 new zone.

which isnt really much at the end of the day. Guild missions is not something i can participate in, which is fine, but it still seems like it is in its infancy. Fractals i think was probably the best thing. the new skills is fairly small amount of change, the new zone while visually impressive is not as well designed content wise as other zones.(generally feels like not much to do there) and the traits havent happened yet so i cant comment on them too much.

Really i like Gw2 in general, but i just dont have much interesting to do anymore.

I agree with everything you said.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I was under the impression that while they were account bound, pvp armors, if you wanted, say 2 rubric chests pieces, you needed to get 2. You didn’t have infinite use of that skin.

This is my understanding as well. In the PVP skin locker, I can’t hold more than 1. If i want to use that skin, I have to drag it to the character’s inventory and use it, then it becomes soulbound and there isn’t one in my pvp locker anymore. At which point I need to get another one from a box, or mystic forge one from components.

The pvp skin locker is not unlimited. You can only use the skin if you have one (and it only holds a single one), and once you use it, you need to get again if you want it on someone else.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

phys.7689

This is my understanding as well. In the PVP skin locker, I can’t hold more than 1. If i want to use that skin, I have to drag it to the character’s inventory and use it, then it becomes soulbound and there isn’t one in my pvp locker anymore. At which point I need to get another one from a box, or mystic forge one from components.

The pvp skin locker is not unlimited. You can only use the skin if you have one (and it only holds a single one), and once you use it, you need to get again if you want it on someone else.

most likely i think they will destroy the pvp locker system and replace it with the one they have here. Which i think may kitten a lot of people off.

What they might do, that wouldnt kitten people off, is make it so its the same system but transmutation has no cost in sPvP. but….. who can say until they tell people what their plan is.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Fractals
9 new skills
40 new traits
1 new zone.

Precisely. ANet’s almost commited suicide with their terribly executed LS. I give it a couple of months, if an expansion-wothy content doesn’t come up until then, I’m going to stick to ESO. 4 days till my 5 days early access!!! <3

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

most likely i think they will destroy the pvp locker system and replace it with the one they have here. Which i think may kitten a lot of people off.

What they might do, that wouldnt kitten people off, is make it so its the same system but transmutation has no cost in sPvP. but….. who can say until they tell people what their plan is.

We knew the pvp skin locker was going away. It was something that was mentioned in one of the big talks about upcoming changes to pvp. It is part of the removal of the split between pvp and pve gear. They even told us to not stop collecting the pvp only armor, because even though the locker was going away it would still be ‘worth something’ which makes me wonder if those pvp skins will simply be converted to unlocked skins now.

phys.7689

We knew the pvp skin locker was going away. It was something that was mentioned in one of the big talks about upcoming changes to pvp. It is part of the removal of the split between pvp and pve gear. They even told us to not stop collecting the pvp only armor, because even though the locker was going away it would still be ‘worth something’ which makes me wonder if those pvp skins will simply be converted to unlocked skins now.

most likely the case, but i must admit 34 gold for a straight pvper seems like a hefty price, i guess they dont spend on much else, perhaps they will give out charges.

lets see 30 silver per match 15 if you lose so 113 matches to change your armor once. if you win every match in team arena.
226 if you lose every match to change your gear once in team arena.

pretty hefty to me. especially going from free to not

of course it could be free in pvp, or perhaps they give charges for something in there, so who knows.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

most likely the case, but i must admit 34 gold for a straight pvper seems like a hefty price, i guess they dont spend on much else, perhaps they will give out charges.

lets see 30 silver per match 15 if you lose so 113 matches to change your armor once. if you win every match in team arena.
226 if you lose every match to change your gear once in team arena.

pretty hefty to me. especially going from free to not

of course it could be free in pvp, or perhaps they give charges for something in there, so who knows.

It makes sense with the phase out of glory, and the switch to gold as the primary currency game-wide. It does seem a bit steep, but you’re right, they could stuff charges into win chests or such, or even incorporate them more heavily into the pvp daily completion rewards.

Such things could also encourage more people to try the pvp mode, which it seems they are trying to do. Offering a legendary as tourney reward, giving the Supply Bags from the LA battle as rewards, etc. They’ve definitely been trying to give people incentive to get into the other modes.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Here are the people who are kittened off by the change so far:
-dual legendary holders, + other expensive exotics
-people who like to mix-match town clothes
-people who bought multiple dyes
-people who absolutely hate anything involving the gem store

The first three I can get behind, the latter I have no sympathy for because they think GW2 should be a charity.

As with all changes, there will be people who will be negatively affected. And they are more than likely to be vocal about their displeasure.

Either way, these changes are for the good of the game – it’s players and creators.

I can see their concern. But the game needed a wardrobe change for a long time, as a game in which the endgame is focused on cosmetic progression with a really broken cosmetics system really doesn’t work.

It’s really a case of forgoing the minority’s needs for the good of the majority, as they can’t just exclude those items form the wardrobe change because they happen to be some of the most sought after cosmetics in the game.

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Go look it up.

There are no subs to measure so the only way to measure this game’s success is via the gem shop. Quite frankly the only player’s that matter are those spending money – like it or not this is a business first and foremost.

So a decline in their sales is simply viewed as a decline in their paying customer base – which for all intents and purchases means less paying customers.

You are talking entirely out of your kitten . Their ‘financial statement’ would not have gem store income broken down to begin with. NCsoft gross revenue was greater than it was the year prior. And to top it off, you’re going to have a natural regression in sales when a game is past the honeymoon phase.

I’m sorry that you’re in the minority and that you feel that you have some point(less) to prove, but pipe down…you’re too noisy.

Btw…their 4th quarter earnings were the strongest of the year.
http://www.ncsoft.net/global/ir/earnings.aspx

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Fractals
9 new skills
40 new traits
1 new zone.

You’re purposely, ENTIRELY ignoring Living Story content. Which was A LOT of content and experiences. You can’t simply ignore it because it was on a timeline delivery system. If you don’t want to be along for the continual, episodic ride…then GW2 is not meant for you…that was their blatant direction from the get-go and you have no excuse for not realizing that or being angry about it.

(edited by The Revenant.4970)

Posted by: Ikorolch.8421

Ikorolch.8421

I’m sorry but how is the new update anything but superficial? It does absolutely nothing to improve upon the exist game play, it adds nothing substantial. Granted it’s called a “feature” patch, but the features it contains are something Arenanet could have easily built in with the LS updates, or even standalone separate updates.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Rental systems are always more profitable over the course of time vs purchase/unlock systems.

They are more profitable with the same customer base. If switching to rental system makes the customers use your services less, it suddenly becomes not so profitable.
Remember also, this is a game for people that strongly dislike p2p system. If that dislike caused them to change MMORPGs before, why do you think that suddenly they will like this when appied to the other elements ingame?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

So when the blog was posted, people responded with, largely, elation. There was confusion about certain wording and such, but with the discussion, people figured it out, and an hour after the blogs were released, mostly everyone was excited, elated, and optimistic about the coming changes.

But 2 hours after the blog was posted, attitudes changed. Many people began pointing out “flaws” and complaints on the new system. People are decidedly less excited. Are they different people? Maybe, but not really. I’ve seen specific posters (no names) go from happiness to fear, out of speculation and paranoia and distrust of the game company that they obviously care about.

Why is this? Why does the community reaction appear to decline almost exponentially? I’m still elated, but I know many others are not. They’re angry. They were excited, but now, no longer.

Is it a mob mentality? Do members of the community see a negative reaction and follow suit quickly? I don’t know. I’m very very interested to get some answers though.

So here it is: if you were happy but now aren’t, what changed? Was it further speculation, introspection, knowledge, what? And if you were first unhappy, but are now happy, what changed?

Thanks for reading!

The negativity comes from the fact that something that many people payed cash for (town clothes) is being changed into tonics where they can’t be dyed the way the person liked them, or into all or nothing outfits where people’s customization can’t be used.

Yeah, the wardrobe system MOSTLY sounds great but the changes to town clothes suck, I spent over $40 on townclothes, that are being changed into tonics.

That’s a bait and switch.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

So here it is: if you were happy but now aren’t, what changed? Was it further speculation, introspection, knowledge, what? And if you were first unhappy, but are now happy, what changed?

I think it’s pretty obvious.

People saw Wardrobe they thought: “cool, I can unlock skins & use em on all my characters!” and they posted how happy they were.

Then they reread it an realized: I can unlock skins and pay money to use them. & posted about how stupid that is.

It’s very logical that people would be upset.

If you don’t want to be along for the continual, episodic ride…then GW2 is not meant for you…that was their blatant direction from the get-go and you have no excuse for not realizing that or being angry about it.

Gonna call bs on this. it was NOT their direction from the get-go. Expansion-like content was. CJ specifically at one stage during development said

“If you buy our game, you can play it, that’s it. We believe that if we are doing our job and we are making expansion content that is good enough people will buy it and continue to support our company and if we’re not making stuff that good then they won’t and that’s their choice.”

They currently just make it so you buy rewards on the GS & the only content produced is something no one would pay for. Also, saying that the LS is even close to one of the GW1 expansions is laughable.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

I think it’s pretty obvious.

People saw Wardrobe they thought: “cool, I can unlock skins & use em on all my characters!” and they posted how happy they were.

Then they reread it an realized: I can unlock skins and pay money to use them. & posted about how stupid that is.

It’s very logical that people would be upset.

Actually, thats not at all logical, there is no extra cost for (not at 80 anyway) for changing your outfit, it costs exactly the same as it does today except today you have to destroy one armor to get the skin, you have to buy that armor and you have to buy that or another armor for every toon you have.

As for expansions, if things have changed for Anet to where they feel they dont want to focus on expansions anymore then so be it but so far they have not stated that as fact and until they do its just speculation.

DarksunG.9537

Actually, thats not at all logical, there is no extra cost for (not at 80 anyway) for changing your outfit, it costs exactly the same as it does today except today

Exactly. ie: It’s a horrid system. It’s always been a horrid system. That’s why people when “cool, a new system!! oh.. same system with more bank space” what’s your point?

One of the main tenants of a wardrobe is the ability to change clothes on the fly. Having a cost on that kills much of the appeal. I’m glad I get space back, i’m glad items are account bound, but seriously should I be patting Anet on the back for getting the cosmetic system to be almost up to date with the MMO standard?

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

I’m still incredibly excited about this update, and so far the town clothes issue is the only thing that upsets me to the point of wanting a refund. Other than that, though, I’m interested in seeing how this will all work out on its release.

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

Actually, thats not at all logical, there is no extra cost for (not at 80 anyway) for changing your outfit, it costs exactly the same as it does today except today

Exactly. ie: It’s a horrid system. It’s always been a horrid system. That’s why people when “cool, a new system!! oh.. same system with more bank space” what’s your point?

One of the main tenants of a wardrobe is the ability to change clothes on the fly. Having a cost on that kills much of the appeal. I’m glad I get space back, i’m glad items are account bound, but seriously should I be patting Anet on the back for getting the cosmetic system to be almost up to date with the MMO standard?

So, do I understand it correctly that you have multiple armors with the same stats but different skins in your bank?

Also, which MMO’s have the system you describe? I’ve not come across it myself but I’d be interested to check it out.

DarksunG.9537

So, do I understand it correctly that you have multiple armors with the same stats but different skins in your bank?

Also, which MMO’s have the system you describe? I’ve not come across it myself but I’d be interested to check it out.

I have several sets but with diff stats. the transmutation stones in GW2 just suck. I pay for unlocks, not consumables. DCUO, Champions, STO, Allods, GW1, Champions, LotRO all have better better cosmetic systems that either have no per-use cost, or it’s minimal in-game currency. DCUO is by far the best.

Fenrina.2954

To add a couple of old ones to the list, Perfect World and Jade Dynasty, both over 5 years old, have a “fashion stash” of sorts. I think the former even calls it a wardrobe. Both allow switching looks on the fly with hotkeys and that includes in battle. That said, getting those items in those games is a bit closer to gw2. They’re usually in the cash shop.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

nGumball.1283

To add a couple of old ones to the list, Perfect World and Jade Dynasty, both over 5 years old, have a “fashion stash” of sorts. I think the former even calls it a wardrobe. Both allow switching looks on the fly with hotkeys and that includes in battle. That said, getting those items in those gates is a bit closer to gw2. They’re usually in the cash shop.

These games are gear-based ones like all the others getting mentioned. They are free to play btw, if you really like them, stop playing GW2, delete it and enjoy your time otherwise. I don’t get the point behind playing a game you hate while ’’masterpieces’’ like Pefect World are out there.

Posted by: Neumonics.4603

Neumonics.4603

To me its a QoL change.

Its the same as it was before requiring a transmutation crystal to use a skin.
But now it is easier to preview these skins and apply them.
There is now also a use for the stack of transmutation shards(yellow ones) I had lying around.
You can apply the skin of a current item that might cost 20gc on multiple items for the cost of crystals that you might already have. (Eg, Lord T’s sword)

~ It is a QoL change with the advantage of gaining nice skins that are already on your current toons without having to buy a new item

I was happy before and am still happy.

Yah, This is the way i see it too.

Am I perinoid, yes, thats why i came here, to see how the community is reacting. And it seams like its not going to be that big of a deal.

I also think that those ‘happy’ people. Stop posting, or keep posting, and arguing, and then get seeded with doubt. And once a seed of doubt has been planted, it grows.

The only thing im kinda worried about is dyes being removed from drops, especialy with all the bad dyes out there, i would hate to buy 50 carrots and 100 potatos 100 times to craft the one die i really want.

Fenrina.2954

if you really like them, stop playing GW2, delete it and enjoy your time otherwise. I don’t get the point behind playing a game you hate while ’’masterpieces’’ like Pefect World are out there.

Please do not put words into my mouth. All I said is that they are examples of games that have a wardrobe that works as item storage. That is all.

DarksunG.9537

To add a couple of old ones to the list, Perfect World and Jade Dynasty, both over 5 years old, have a “fashion stash” of sorts. I think the former even calls it a wardrobe. Both allow switching looks on the fly with hotkeys and that includes in battle. That said, getting those items in those gates is a bit closer to gw2. They’re usually in the cash shop.

These games are gear-based ones like all the others getting mentioned. They are free to play btw, if you really like them, stop playing GW2, delete it and enjoy your time otherwise. I don’t get the point behind playing a game you hate while ’’masterpieces’’ like Pefect World are out there.

Yes, everything is binary. We’re all yin yang robots. You either love every part of something with an unquestionable undying loyalty or you hate it with a seething vitriol. Yup, that’s life!

Do you see why that argument doesn’t work?