Invisible boots, shoes, whatever

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Hello community,
Remind me again with this item is still an ‘item’ and if anet is going to do something about it?!
it still on the TP and costs over 3000g which is 130$(which not really worth it) and its almost impossible to get it independently via treasure mushrooms.

From the way I see it I can hide helmet, shoulders and gloves in a click of a button yet I can’t do it with shoes.

I can totally understand that those who already purchased it via the trading post will not likely will like the idea of adding this item to the store or for the very least add a button that can hide shoes but seriously some of us really want it and don’t want to spend 130$ on a cosmetic item.

Please do something about it already its been a year already no?!

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

I “really want” legendary armor but I don’t raid, so by your suggestion A-net should add it to the gem store simply because I want it.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This should’ve always been a checkbox like gloves, shoulders and helms. But, maybe they’ll make a HoT random box and put it in and the price will drop 90% like the Decorative Molten Jetpack.

InvaGir.9158

I “really want” legendary armor but I don’t raid, so by your suggestion A-net should add it to the gem store simply because I want it.

Well I don’t do raid either and I want the legendary armor, I know adding it to the gemstore wont happen but there’s a huge difference between these 2 items.
Do you agree?

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

No, I don’t agree. Your argument is simply that because you want something and you don’t want to have to obtain it in the its current obtainable form, it should be added to the gemstore.

InvaGir.9158

No, I don’t agree. Your argument is simply that because you want something and you don’t want to have to obtain it in the its current obtainable form, it should be added to the gemstore.

To be fair it should have a checkbox. it hides your shoes that’s it.
I can only assume you already got the item but you also bought it and its the reason why you disagree with me.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Checkbox would have been a solution BEFORE the invisible skin existed. They chose this option.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

According to an old thread a dev was advocating for the possibility of hiding shoes, but due to lack of support, it ended up as the niche we have today.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Regardless of whether this should be a checkbox option or not, it’s currently implemented as a luxury item. You can stop spending and save the 3000g (easier than it sounds, since people make legendaries that cost more, via the same process) or take out your RL wallet (which, as the OP says, doesn’t really sound worth it).

I don’t see any reason why this game shouldn’t have items that are worth 3000 gold. That, by itself, doesn’t seem like a good reason to offer this in the gem shop.

In fact, if ANet agrees that the availability of this item is an issue, there are at least a dozen other ways of making it easier to obtain. I think the gemshop is perhaps the worst possible option.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

Blame the market lords that are trying to bank on feet fetishists.

Suppy and Demand.

With that being said I don’t understand why the droprate for such an item should be that steep, I guess it’s a joke.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

“I got this super exclusive item by spending my arm for it, please don’t add anything else to the game that would undermine that investment.”

We’ve already been proven in the past that this mentality is not good, because its the newer players who matter and not the dusty old veterans. And while I initially fought against it, I’ve come to understand why its important- things like this which create a “sinkhole” in the game just for the sake of luxery.

New players need a checkbox, not some rare item they have to spend 3000g.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Svartwolf.3729

Svartwolf.3729

Solution: give feet a checkbox like almost everything else, and change the item so besides not having boots, it also leave a super rare trial akin to what legendary gives. so people who have spent their soul to get it still have something valuable… in fact, now the would have something.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Logic?

Legendary armor you can work on (without spending a kittenload of money), Invisible Boots on the other hand are a random drop.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

According to an old thread a dev was advocating for the possibility of hiding shoes, but due to lack of support, it ended up as the niche we have today.

Hopefully if enough people show interest in this topic, it will come back up again to the Dev’s attention. A button to hide the shoes seems like a good idea (along with gloves, shoulders and helm).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Logic?

Legendary armor you can work on (without spending a kittenload of money), Invisible Boots on the other hand are a random drop.

That you can buy on the TP, so you can also work on it gradually.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

realistically you need shoes to run around the world. and some pretty durable ones too. I don’t think it shouldve been hideable. it just wouldn’t make sense, except maybe for Charr. gem store skin maybe for a cosmetic extra thing like that. but it’d probably appear limited time like other things and be account bound so it wouldn’t affect the TP value of this tradeable version so much. and how bout more gem store skins like flip flops, running shoes and other cosmetic preferences

(edited by takatsu.9416)

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Some time ago I asked Matthew from the ArenaNet-Team via twitter about the circumstances to obtain this skin. It does not look good.

https://twitter.com/barefootmatthew/status/834507908524093445

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Ignoring the matter won’t help and won’t attract any attention, folks.

BTW: So sad

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Why do players so desperately want to devalue expensive items? Farm the gold like everyone else who has them (like myself).

They have two methods of obtaining them – not just from TMs. I’ll let you figure it out, though.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/