Is Anet destroying the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Serious as a heart attack: What set would you change to?

Post-Ferocity Berserker will be as Best-in-Slot for Power-based Damage builds as it is now.

The essential difference is the gap between Berserker damage and all other gear types that don’t have Ferocity will be smaller.

Even so, if the amount of DPS is being reduced compared to the amount of utility or defense given up by going full berzerker in order to maximize that DPS it might no longer be desirable for some players.

Please note: This is a devil’s advocate position. I personally prefer glass cannon builds and so would not be inclined to switch gear based on this change.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

healing signet is so strong that the warrior does not have to sacrifice DPS for it. Sure other professions can get better regen , but they have to sacrifice their damage. This is why it is over powered.

I see your point, but for the avarage warrior, it’s not that noticable. I mean sure, I see warriors do really good in pvp and wvw, but warriors gets whacked around all the time. So even if they dont need to sacrifice dps, they still die. I admit Im not the best warrior around yet, but for me the regen isnt giving me an unbelievable advantage, at best it makes me stay alive long enough to hope to win.

And besides, all classes have advantages and disadvantages. Warrior isnt an elitist class that everyone choose because its OP. If they want certain wins, they choose thieves or Mesmer.

It’s about the active ability. Currently the passive is so strong that there is no point in using the active side of the signet. You would actually be wasting health in doing so.

This thread, from what i could tell, is about berserker signet warriors – I’m not sure how that nerf in that niche is breaking the game.

I’m focusing mainly on that I agree, but a lot of people are upset about these incomming changes. Despite of that, Anet seems to disregard that entirely. They seem to completely neglect the player base opinions (I know thats an assumption).

If that is the case, the game is not going to grow. If the players are screaming 1 thing, and Anet goes in the exact opposite direction, it’s not going to end well. I guess I didn’t make that point clear.

Also, I focus mainly on those specific things because that is the things that are important to me, and they are on the edge of being nerfed.

I’m thinking there are as many people wanting warriors nerfed as there are not.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Anet is not destroying the game by balancing classes. Sorry. They might destroy the game by producing the wrong end game content, creating treadmills, relying too much or too little upon the gem store, etc, but that all remains to be seen.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

snip

-Negative Fanum Deactivated-

you sounds exactly like “boohoo Anet nerfed my class, bohoo i quit….”

normalising crit damage as a stat is the smartest thing they did since the release.

Posted by: Fanum.6598

Fanum.6598

yes Im exaggerating to get my point out, and yes I havent given it all as much thought as I probably should have.

Everyone read this.
Now wait for thread to be moved to trashcan.

In the future please dont post until you’ve read the OP denouncing his own post in the OP.

When someone is frustrated or upset, it’s very natural to act impulsively. Even though that was the case, and I admitted to that, as you saw yourself, I still got my point out, and did my very best to keep it as clear as possible.

And don’t tell me when I can and can not post my ideas and thoughts. I’m open for the fact that a lot more people will disagree on a half hearted post but that was a consequence I was willing to accept.

Despite of that, I am still getting a lot of good replies. A lot of people are disagreeing, but are giving very valid points. So i would appreciate if you would simply ignore my posts if you hate them that much, instead of calling them trash, thank you.

snip

-Negative Fanum Deactivated-

you sounds exactly like “boohoo Anet nerfed my class, bohoo i quit….”

normalising crit damage as a stat is the smartest thing they did since the release.

As much as I hate that demeaning reply of yours, that is kind of what it comes down to by the end of it. I enjoy my warrior, and it’s getting nerfed. Pretty natural that I would react negatively to that don’t you think?

(edited by Fanum.6598)

Posted by: Crumps.4012

Crumps.4012

What if OP or someone else invested tons of time and money to get a berserker’s set of ascended gear? And now it’s nerfed. Fair?

It’s not like he can come up with another set of gear in a day or two.

Berzerker gear isn’t getting ‘nerfed’ more than any other gear that uses crit damg and, in fact, will be better off than say assassin’s or celestial. Zerkers wear the gear b/c it has the highest DPs general speaking, so, with the other DPs sets getting the Nerf bat as well, I’d be really interested to know what other gear it is you believe he would be interested in switching too. Oh wait, that’s right…zerker will still be the highest DPs set making this argument completely rediculous.

Not if the risk now outweighs the reward. Which is is likely in pve and doubtless in wvw.

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

personally I think Anet doing a few things they don’t wish to split skills Pve/PvP so they try to balance as much as possible to satisfy both sides hence the ferocity aspect to see if this works . If it does, fine, if not then you may see a little split because there hand is forced to do so.

This was the case in GW1 when forced to do so only then a split of some skills will appear. Also sometimes outcry from the forums can have negative effects , they learned that also from there previous game . They adjusted by going what the forums asked and it backfired at times.

To me they are using the CDI /Balance forums to create the overall scene but to avoid any untoward implementation. Ok so I have to adapt on various things like before its the way of the world . Time will tell and what the future holds when LS is complete and what comes after .

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

What if OP or someone else invested tons of time and money to get a berserker’s set of ascended gear? And now it’s nerfed. Fair?

It’s not like he can come up with another set of gear in a day or two.

Berzerker gear isn’t getting ‘nerfed’ more than any other gear that uses crit damg and, in fact, will be better off than say assassin’s or celestial. Zerkers wear the gear b/c it has the highest DPs general speaking, so, with the other DPs sets getting the Nerf bat as well, I’d be really interested to know what other gear it is you believe he would be interested in switching too. Oh wait, that’s right…zerker will still be the highest DPs set making this argument completely rediculous.

Not if the risk now outweighs the reward. Which is is likely in pve and doubtless in wvw.

What risk/reward? If you’re good enough to run zerker and not take leathal damage now, then you’re gonna run zerker and not take lethal damage afterward. O.o If you’re a bad and can’t run zerker now, then….

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I feel it’s a good idea, but badly implemented.

I tend to think that the only people who will notice a significant difference in the case of either nerf/change, are ones who have become so used to relying on aspects of the Warrior and Berserker gear that it almost acts as a cushion and they forget that it is an advantage. This isn’t true for everyone, and I am not arguing that Warrior Berserker is a faceroll or that you don’t need talent to play it – that’s simply not true. However, for everyone that uses Healing Signet and no other healing skill on their Warrior, I do think it’s true that they don’t see the strength of it after a while because it becomes “normal” to them.

I think a change in the way crit damage scales was needed, and I don’t think a slight nerf to Healing signet will make any skilled Warrior significantly weaker. And I do think that these changes are the result of ANet listening to their players kitten many people have issues with the balance the way it is (yes, a lot of people don’t, but how they weigh up what side to come down on isn’t known, so we shouldn’t speculate). However, it IS badly implemented. ANet should have made these changes before releasing Ascended Armour into the game, for instance. Trinkets and everything you could get before the introduction of the armour aren’t so bad and are more easily replaced. But not foreseeing the problems surrounding the Ascended Armour stats was not a great move.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I wont even bother to read but my answer is NO,they does not destroying this game

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

As much as I hate that demeaning reply of yours, that is kind of what it comes down to by the end of it. I enjoy my warrior, and it’s getting nerfed. Pretty natural that I would react negatively to that don’t you think?

If you take your time and think WHY they are making these changes you will realise that they are long overdue. The critical damage nerf is caused by finally normalizing critical damage with all other stats, it’s actually a fix. Critical damage had values all over, and it’s finally getting balanced, the “nerf” is a direct result of making it work like other stats.

Healing Signet is one of the best healing skills in the game and 8% isn’t nearly enough, they need to nerf it more and make the active more powerful. Passive skills shouldn’t be strong, skills without counters shouldn’t be strong. There is no Warrior alive that ever uses the active of the Signet and it shouldn’t be that way. Better active, even less powerful passive is what they need. Sadly they nerf it by a simple 8% which is nothing.

I’ve read many threads about bad Anet decisions and how they “destroy” the game, but they were a lot more than a Warrior crying over some justified nerfs.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I don’t think you realize how Many warriors there actually are

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Yes, imo they are slowly destroying the game. They will never balance the game, since they refuse to seperate pvp, wvw and pve.
For that reason, every time someone cries about X and Y is op in pvp, they nerf it and a lot of times that leaves us with another broken or useless skil/build.

Not to mention how Anet is absolutely terrible at fixing and optimizing the game.
I had to wait about 4-5 months so they fixed my izerker on mesmer, now it’s been 2 months since warden is broken. If you don’t find such bug important enough to focus on it, to get it fixed asap, then i’m sorry, but you have no idea how to prioritize tasks.

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

If you take your time and think WHY they are making these changes you will realise that they are long overdue. The critical damage nerf is caused by finally normalizing critical damage with all other stats, it’s actually a fix. Critical damage had values all over, and it’s finally getting balanced, the “nerf” is a direct result of making it work like other stats.

Healing Signet is one of the best healing skills in the game and 8% isn’t nearly enough, they need to nerf it more and make the active more powerful. Passive skills shouldn’t be strong, skills without counters shouldn’t be strong. There is no Warrior alive that ever uses the active of the Signet and it shouldn’t be that way. Better active, even less powerful passive is what they need. Sadly they nerf it by a simple 8% which is nothing.

I’ve read many threads about bad Anet decisions and how they “destroy” the game, but they were a lot more than a Warrior crying over some justified nerfs.

Warrior; Berserker=power/precision/crit damage
Condition= condi damage/whatever you like/whatever you like.

Crit damage was the most balanced as it revolved around measuring 3 values outside of toughness/healing/vitality

Warrior patches;
under powered, considered pathetic.

Buff to;
Stances
signets
healing
mace/sword/longbow

followed by nerfs to;
Longbow
mace
hammer
damage traits moved to master/grandmaster
stun modify damage
frenzy damage

Future updates includes nerfs to;
healing
crit damage
longbow again

There we have it. Everything you have buffed you have nerfed whilst still maintaining the movement of damage traits to higher tiers.

=you have left them worse than what you found them.

clap-clap.

Are they destroying their own game?..this is just warrior. This has happened to every profession. You tell me? “we don’t want whack-a-mole.”

Posted by: Fanum.6598

Fanum.6598

Well you are crying over me crying so. /care.

And the healing signet is good, but far from the best. All a thief has to do to get full health is to cloak for 0,00005 seconds. Which btw they can do all the time. A good build ranger are also extremely difficult to kill due to the high regen. Elementalists with good fingers can also be hard to beat. If Warriors healing signets needs a nerf, then so does all the other signets / skills that keeps people up to 100% health 24/7.

As far as your crit explanation, well I can’t agree or disagree. I’m blindly against it, mostly due to my gut feeling, but I’m also open to the idea that it may balance the game in the end. My main point / concern, was if most the playerbase didn’t want the nerf/change because they find it irrelevant or game breaking, that Anet would go through with it anyways. I came to that fear by listening to spamchat by everyone in the game, saying its a bad idea.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Actually, they hamstrung themselves pretty well over the flamekissed thing. They acknowledge that the intent was to use the mesh, they screwed people who paid real money, they sat on it for 2 months instead of getting the refunds in right away, the replacement was atrocious, false to their own original “intent” and a very poorly chosen set, all while releasing these new weapons with hearts all over them…

I think a lot of people are going to be avoiding them gem store for quite a while over the fact that a few gripes can cost you, the player real money. A trust issue like this is what costs companies money and players in the long term more so than any nerfs.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

No, they’re not. 15 char

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Honestly, I don’t care at all about PvE. It’s a fun, but it’s not really difficult. I care more about WvW, which I think is more interesting.

While I can’t predict the full extent of the impact of this change, nerfing critical damage may help change some of the ganking dynamic, which is good for the game (IMO). As things currently stand, if a thief gets the drop on you, you’re pretty much dead, unless it’s a really bad thief and you are a really good player. After the change, some of the initial burst will be toned down some.

I don’t see that as a necessarily bad change.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

this is not a nerf to your warrior, this is a “width-wise” standardizing of an attribute that scaled too much.

your post make it sound like it is something personal between Anet and your warrior, it is not, it is not about warriors, it is not about berserker gear, it is about of scaling of crit percentage.

thats it.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Also, I think there’s something wrong when the optimal build for many power classes is to have crit damage on everything.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Instead of nerfing zerker, they should have boosted cond dmg and cc. With the current mechanics, they are next to useless in PVE. And generally people hate nerfs. They should instead boost weaker options. People like to see heroes growing stronger over time, not the other way around. Basic psychology, anet.

ANet, in its infinite “wisdom”, made CC do double duty. First it interrupts, second it CCs. As such it is tuned for interruption over CC, as if it was a fighting game combo breaker.

And this goes for a whole lot of skills in this game. They are designed to have multiple uses, and balanced as such. End result more often than not is that their up front usage is held back by some alternative and situational usage, that the balance devs seems to deem potentially OP.

And the “genius” behind this seems to be Izzy…