Is GW2 becoming more like the China Version?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Is it my imagination or is all the latest changes to make GW2 more like the China Version?

Critical/damage nerf and gold nerf appears nothing more but to make the game more grindly. The only difference now between the GW2 and the China version are the Chinese version have 1) lower experience 2) a VIP program 3) they need to buy item to identify dye.

I am beginning to wonder when these thing is coming to the rest of the world.

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

Its all in your mind.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

no, nein, niet, nunka, nada…

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Well chinese players need lower experience so they can get the feeling of grinding they’re used to. Buying an item to identify dye would just be really bad, especially a year after launch, telling new players they have to pay for something older players have had for free and most probably have the dyes they want and or need by now.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yes, obviously this is to make the game more grindy. That’s the logical conclusion.

/sigh

Did you really not see the champion-loot-nerf coming? :o
I thought that was obvious back when they buffed it, it just took time to figure out what to give us in turn to not make us rage too much.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

The critical damage nerf is mostly set up to normalize stats since they were all over the place before. The gold reduction is to balance the loss of the trait reset and repair costs. The changes are probably so small that they wouldn’t even be noticeable.

Also, I don’t run champ trains but doesn’t most of the money come from selling the loot and not from the gold that comes directly from the champ bags?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

You’re half right. Yes, several of the changes are to make our version more like the Chinese version (or rather, the Chinese version was designed with the changes in the feature patch already in mind).

No, most of them are not to make the game more grindy. Nerfing champ trains (the grindiest loot farm in the game) certainly does not promote grindiness.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Yes, obviously this is to make the game more grindy. That’s the logical conclusion.

/sigh

I thought that was obvious back when they buffed it, it just took time to figure out what to give us in turn to not make us rage too much.

Tone. Internet.

Really it’s a good thing that they’re nerfing champion loot, the loot farmers ruin the game. Failing LS events because they wanted to farm, crashing activities because you get rewards faster for losing, the entire champ train in queensdale that gets mad at people for doing events in the starting zone.

I hate those people.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

/sigh

Tone. Internet.

Really it’s a good thing that they’re nerfing champion loot, the loot farmers ruin the game. Failing LS events because they wanted to farm, crashing activities because you get rewards faster for losing, the entire champ train in queensdale that gets mad at people for doing events in the starting zone.

I hate those people.

The feelings will more than likely be reciprocated.

Signed,
Community minded players.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.