Is LFG working for you

Is LFG working for you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

The LFG option is really useless for me, especially when it comes to dungeons. All I run into is elitist and people who seem to like getting on players nerves.

Now I’m not complaining, because unlike other mmo’s I have played, if you’re kicked from a dungeon for no specific reason or people are just running around aimlessly not working together, you can do other things to occupy your time. This is one of the main reasons I will always support GW2. Game play doesn’t stop with idiots.

Anyway, I find entering dungeons with team mates or like minded people more viable than using the LFG option. Comments ?

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

On the rare ocassions when I used LFG, I usually write something like this.

Looking for a casual relaxed run, all professions welcome.

Elitists avoid me like the plague. lol And I take a second to tell people again when they join what the run will be like. It always fills up fast.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve never had a problem with it. Then again I almost always start my own party and usually advertise something like, “All welcome”. Generally I get a pretty good group with the occasional first timer that the group helps learn the dungeon. I’ve never had to deal with elitists because I never join the , “Speed run, 80s 10K+ AP only” type groups.

The Burninator

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Works fine for me. Even if it sometimes takes a while to get a full group.
The only annoyance are people that join without reading the description first.
If you want to find like minded people create your own group and adjust the description towards your requirements.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

I do dungeons every day so i use the lfg tool a lot, i just put P# or all paths something like that and people join.

Anyone can join, i run with all levels, sometimes some level 80 join see a “underlevel” and leave but the groups full very fast.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Maybe you didn’t realize you have to read the description before joining?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Make own lfg, make sure the description attracts like-minded people. Don’t play in “speeclear” or any other groups described like that if you’re looking for more laid back people

9 Guardians later…

Is LFG working for you

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Maybe you didn’t realize you have to read the description before joining?

That could be the problem. Appreciate all the quick replies.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: footballisgod.4075

footballisgod.4075

Depending on my mood, I’ll do either casual runs or speedier runs. If I don’t see a group listed that fits what I want, I make my own. It works out the vast majority of the time. Occasionally people ignore the ‘experienced’ part that I add in the lfg, but I don’t run into elitist jerks if I add ‘anyone welcome’ to the description.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Poorly. People always seem to join without reading the description (except for path number or fractal level… they can always read that), or read the description and decide to join so they can leech. It’s very unfortunate, and often times frustrating.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Eight O Eight.8257

Eight O Eight.8257

What burns me is when you actually have a good PuG and the dungeon goes great and then as soon as it’s done, they ‘poof’. But…but…I liked you guys! sigh back to the LFG.

Is LFG working for you

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

What burns me is when you actually have a good PuG and the dungeon goes great and then as soon as it’s done, they ‘poof’. But…but…I liked you guys! sigh back to the LFG.

lol, I’ve had that happen lol.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Used it once then never again, worst LFG implementation ever.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Do what I do. Create your own group (put in requirements, if any). Run the dungeon. If people kick you, jokes on them, dungeon resets :p.

Just remember, no system in the word protects you from stupid.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Used it once then never again, worst LFG implementation ever.

So the one where you can wait in que for 45min, get in, get to final boss, only to be kicked, is better?

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I ran casual runs for a while on low level

But most of the low level people are quitters, whinners, complainers. They basically compalin and quits when ever anything go slightly wrong. Because honestly why would anyone spend an hour running AC… It is just not time worth it.

The moral of the story is you don’t need to be experienced to be a kitten. There are as many kitten in low level players as well as hardcore players.

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The reason you see lots of exclusive runs, is because casual runs fill up fast (my time has been around 1 minute when I say “All welcome”)

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I do 7 paths(or more) for gold everyday and always create lfg like" READ FIRST full speedrun need 2 ele+2 warriors (gear check)" and almost always I have 1 friend or 2 so we kick everyone who refuses to ping gear , we preffer to wait 5 minutes more for party then wasting over 1 hour on one ac path . But lets be serious pve difficulty level is really low but cheer up anet promised you that there wont be holy-trinity so they gave you holy-zerkers

Is LFG working for you

oxtred.7658

Why in earth would you ask for 2 warriors?

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Why in earth would you ask for 2 warriors?

2 eles for bows + fgs and 2 warriors for easy dps ,playing warrior is easy mode just facerolling keyboard , they dont melt so easly and have many good party skills (baner+on my mark+fear me etc) and i am guard , stability+reflection+buffs . Almost every boss dies in 5 sec .

Is LFG working for you

oxtred.7658

If you really wanted a fast run you would ask for 3-4 eles :/

Is LFG working for you

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I lament the addition of LFG tools to MMO’s. Making MMO’s more convenient has made them to a greater or lesser degree less social.