Is Quartz even coming to HoT maps?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

I’ve kinda realised that I haven’t seen any quartz nodes during the beta weekends, only mithril nodes around the Verdant Brink map (have I not been paying enought attention?).

So I’m wondering if they would intentionally just remove those nodes for the betas or if we can expect any nodes in the other 3 maps or if it is coming back only with wintersday.

Wintersday is still quite far away and the supply of quartz is diminishing.

Really just wondering if I should be worrying about selling what is left in my bank before HoT or if it can wait a bit…

Quartz Crystal: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/43773-quartz-crystal
Sheet of Charged Amberite: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/67832-sheet-of-charged-ambrite

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Haha, what happened with the Sheet of Charged Ambrite. Supply and Demand is relatively stable but look at the price change from yesterday.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Haha, what happened with the Sheet of Charged Ambrite. Supply and Demand is relatively stable but look at the price change from yesterday.

A good chunk of the remaining 1300 listings yesterday were mine. I cancelled them all and bought out the remaining listings between 1g-1.4g, overall about 1000 sheets.

The couple of dozen listings between 1.4-2g were bought by someone else.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Why would there be crystal nodes in those maps? The reason there are some in Dry Top is because it is where the Sanctum thingie crashed, which before then was the only place to have them, and that was not even a permanent place.
So my guess is there isn’t gonna be any… I could be wrong ofc.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Wanze.8410

I’ve kinda realised that I haven’t seen any quartz nodes during the beta weekends, only mithril nodes around the Verdant Brink map (have I not been paying enought attention?).

So I’m wondering if they would intentionally just remove those nodes for the betas or if we can expect any nodes in the other 3 maps or if it is coming back only with wintersday.

Wintersday is still quite far away and the supply of quartz is diminishing.

Really just wondering if I should be worrying about selling what is left in my bank before HoT or if it can wait a bit…

Quartz Crystal: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/43773-quartz-crystal
Sheet of Charged Amberite: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/67832-sheet-of-charged-ambrite

I didnt see any quartz either and I am not sure, if waiting for wintersday will bring any new supply either.

The wiki states charged quartz and quartz crystals as drops from large wintersday gifts, however, i think this is wrong info. IF you check the droprate research from last year, you will see that it also lists those 2 mats but without any droprate.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Large_Wintersday_Gift/research

But as far as I remember, at least charged quartz is on the loot table of trick or treat bags, about 1 in every 1500th bag. However, that wont cure the demand for items that need quartz directly. But maybe Anet introduces new containers with HoT that will have it on the loot table.

Right now new supply of quartz is hard to come by, only a couple of nodes in DR and the home instance, which are harvestable once per day per account and in a couple of containers, mostly from those ascended material eaters.
But as those are also on a daily limit, the only nearly unlimited faucet for charged quartz seems to be large wintersday gifts. The home instance tree has a daily limit but you can also forge them in the mf with snowflakes, which is basically only limited by the supply of snowflakes.

I started a thread about quartz about 3 months ago, where i posted alot of info about the market itself and my personal opinion on it. IF you didnt read it at that time, maybe you want to have a look:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Quartz-Chrystal-Drought/first

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Wanze.8410

I double checked prices for quartz during last year halloween and it actually crashed a bit in price, from around 40c to 30c, supply went up from 8 million to 8.5 million.

Even though i dont remember quartz dropping directly, charged quartz was on the loot table for trick or treat bags. You cant trade charged quartz, so it doesnt really add regular quartz supply but it seems to take off some demand, as players have to charge less quartz.

While i dont expect the quartz crystal price drop too much in value, should charged quartz stay on the loot table for trick or treat bags, sheets of charged ambrite will definately tank in value, as people who get charged quartz from t&t bags and dont have personal demand for it, can only profit from it when they craft sheets of charged ambrite because charged quartz itself isnt tradeable.

Actually, crafting grow lamps would be the better option to monetize charged quartz but i think most players dont know about it.

However, I am pretty sure that they will adjust loot tables for t&t bags this year as well, (they have done so every year for wintersday gifts and treat bags) so its not a racing cert that charged quartz will stay on the loot table. Quartz and charged quartz were on the loot table for wintersday gifts in 2013 but were removed in 2014.

Anyways, economically, quartz and its products are a very interesting market because it is gated in different ways. Right now daily supply per account is pretty limited and charged quartz has a daily cooldown in being crafted.

I would assume that quartz and charged quartz will be used in quite a bit new recipes in HoT, maybe even legendary or precursor crafting. This of course would also mean that they will introduce some new faucets as well in HoT and not only temporary ones with halloween and wintersday.

We will see.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

you can get quartz through the map event reward thing they are introducing when Hot comes out.

On normal maps btw not the hot ones(maybe hot ones too, i dunno)

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Wanze, I think you mean Halloween 2 years ago. Because if you open a Halloween bag today, charged quartz doesn’t drop.

Anyways, I bet there are new stat combinations to worry about in HoT, diminishing the demand for the stuff

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

I opened Halloween bags last week and got Charged Quartz.

Wanze.8410

Wanze, I think you mean Halloween 2 years ago. Because if you open a Halloween bag today, charged quartz doesn’t drop.

Anyways, I bet there are new stat combinations to worry about in HoT, diminishing the demand for the stuff

I opened about 200k t&t bags between the end of last halloween and now, i got plenty of charged quartz.

And celestial has always been one of the top three stat combinations and always will be.

I still sell about 100 recipes for celestial gossamer insignias per week and thats just me. I get undercut plenty of times.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Halloween bags will give lot of charge quartz and maybe it will drop normal quarts like it did at start on last Halloween before they nerf it

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

You can normally harvest about 19-22 quartz crystals per day from home instance and Dry Top combined. You may also get bonus crystals from the home instance node and possibly charged quartz. If this is not enough then perhaps consider opening a second account.

I doubt if there will be more nodes appearing soon, unless the Zepherites manage to patch up their airship. I have seen oricalcum and mithril nodes in the betas but no quartz. It seems to be carefully balanced supply and demand.

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Thanks for the input guys…great comments. Obviously I have forgot and overlooked many things like the connection of quartz with zephyrites and that that’s the reason why there are nodes in DT.

you can get quartz through the map event reward thing they are introducing when Hot comes out.

On normal maps btw not the hot ones(maybe hot ones too, i dunno)

I remembered seeing the rewards under map names during the last beta weekend (I obviously hadn’t been paying enough attention because I haven’t noticed quartz there). So there is actually a datamined list of what will drop:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3gjs8g/datamining_hot_map_reward_tracks/

Depending on how easy it is to get points towards those tracks, some amount of quartz will come back. However seems that it will come back in low quatities. You will need 1000,3000,5000,7000 points to get 5 quartz. Doesn’t seem like a lot. Not everyone is going to grind those maps, especially if they can grind maps where T6 material drops. So it seems that larger supplies of quartz will only come with next Zephyrites event.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Oh but it does still drop.. had 2 yesterday from a stack of ToT bags, but it doesn’t drop in the quantities that are gunna make much to any inroads to the Ambrite sheet prices imo unless something gets tweaked for Halloween.

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

Don’t sell them, craft grow lamps instead for more profit. Also keep some quartz for yourself. Condi builds are required for the first raid and their popularity in pve has been increasing steadily for months.