Is boycott the answer?

Is boycott the answer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We are talking about issues that have BEEN HERE SINCE RELEASE, none of the examples you have given have been here since release, ergo not really relevant to the discussion in question.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

We are talking about issues that have BEEN HERE SINCE RELEASE, none of the examples you have given have been here since release, ergo not really relevant to the discussion in question.

So…
Empty zones was not an issue since release? I think it was. Arenanets solution: Megaservers.

Ascended gear: 3 months after launch…could be considered ‘launch’..not to mention Chris Whiteside claims that Ascended gear was ALWAYS planned for the game but just didn’t make it on launch day.

So yes, quite relevant. These are two hot topics that have been on these forums ~3 months since release.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

If you aim is to get things better boycott is the last thing one should do. Even if a boycott is successful (think of the message you’d be sending if it fails!) what will you really achieve? if they decided not to action something they did so because of valid reasons making less money will not make those reasons any less valid all you’re going to get is at best they will not be able to hire more people to improve the game. At worst you’re going to get layoffs which will naturally damage the game.

One thing thats important to remember is an MMO is a game aimed at many different types of players. Its easy to say I dont like the zerker meta but can it really be fixed ? why makes zerker meta? Obviously the fact that DPS is the optimal thing to have. Why is DPS the optimal thing to have? because at the end of it all what we want to achieve is to Kill an enemy and DPS is the thing that does that really. So how can you remove DPS from being the Meta? by forcing some players to play other roles (like say making players unable to keep themselves alive without a healer or unable to stay alive without crowd control)

Oh look it requires bringing down one of the main pillars of this game which is also the reason why so many chose it no reliance on the trinity. There is also the question of how much such a change is really needed. I mean its not like you’re forced to go Zerker but if you introduce the trinity you or someone in your party will be forced into specific roles.

Classic case of the cure being worst then the ailment if you ask me.

Like Vayne said Arenanet have been listening and have been changing a lot of things requested from the community from day one when they introduce crafting from the bank to like a week ago when they reverted the gem exchange. They cannot action everything not just because they ignore feedback but because not every requested change is in the best interest of the game.

ehh oversplificication. The problem is not so much that you need to nerf dps, its that dps can do almost everything based on use of an ability as well as any other stat set, but the other stat sets get no boost to dps.

why would you need someone statted for support? dps guys might is just as good. Why would you need someone statted for defense, dps guys blocks, endure pain, etc is just as good.
Anyhow there are many discussions on the topic, with more in depth analysis and solutions that dont involve making every one die if they are all alone. Do people actually read these forums? not everything is great, but there is a wealth of analysis, and solutions to many of the games issues.

I have yet to find an idea that would solve this issue without creating new ones.
I mean lets take the idea of boosting every gear type in such a way that it includes zerker stats in it. First you’d be making zerker gear useless and then you’d end up with valkyrie as the new meta because it will give the highest number of dps out of all the rest.

Lets say you equalize all gear so that they all provide exactly the same DPS bonus. Then gear will simply stop mattering because I bet skills and traits will still be chosen to support DPS rather then the other roles.

I mean this isnt really about gear so I dont want to stress on it too much. Just personally I dont think there is anything to fix. Anet provided the freedom. Players can choose which role to play and how to support it and to what extent. The rest is up to the players. Like every other MMO though it doesnt make sense to be good in everything. Each choice has a cost and I dont see anything wrong with that.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The original post includes commentary about post release issues. The topic was never solely about release issues. Attempting to deflect on topic commentary by changing the subject rather than addressing valid posts that are on topic gives the impression that you cannot counter the points being raised and so are resorting to obfuscation instead.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Not to mention how smoothly he ducked my wall of thread links.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

paid expansion = more money for ANet to release, you know, actual meaningful content. They could easily have, lets say, two years cycle of expansions with LS as filler, sort of what Blizzard started to do in MoP.

no expansion = fully expect the furthering of Gemstore crap

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I’m doing a spending freeze with GW2 until an expansion is released.

I’m not mad or angry or anything but if everyone who wanted that did the same thing then we would probably see some results sooner.

We’ll see if enough people are doing the same thing to actually get some results. Until then I’ll just be giving my money to Anets competitors.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: MrSoul.3058

MrSoul.3058

I certainly hope not. Although it would be almost impossible to organize and manage such thing, at the end yes our message would have to be addressed.
For over two years most of the issues the community has had with the game have been ignored, or when addressed the old “we are looking into it” response then stuffed back in the bottom draw in hopes that it would be a forgotten issue.
On the flip side, content that are irrelevant and sometimes harmful to the player base is released with no prior discussion or heads up. No need to beat a dead horse by listing the many issues the game has had since release. In all honesty I believe most of the playerbase wouldnt even want a rushed fix.
All I come to ask of the dev’s is roadmap or a direction that they are taking the game. Not to be told to stop whinning or “we are looking into it”. Im to the point that im ready to stop gambling wars 2 and looking for a new game unless i see a positive future.
Thank You for your hard work, even though it is very hard to notice sometimes.

Boycotting the game will only cause the game to die, we tried it with Tabula Rasa and after a few months they shut down the servers, causing me and my guild(R.I.P. SFD xD) to lose our favorite game. Where as if we(arguably the “community players”) of the game at the time had stuck it out, the game may still be around, and we might have seen an Expansion or something at least. Way it went that game had a decent playbase at launch, then we all “boycotted” cos it had a lack of end game content, and boom dead over night. That’s just my one IRL example of where boycotting got me for a video game. Unfortunately boycotting rarely works when it comes to these kinds of situations as a company like Anet will always cut their loses and re-invent the wheel(so new IP), rather than dump a bunch of money in a project in the hopes of winning back an already obviously fickle playerbase.

We love the game enough to post these threads, and spend hours kittening at each other over the specifics in the comments, so best guess for the way to get the devs to listen is keep playing. Keep trying to enjoy the bits of the game that you still do, and keep creating threads but constructively discuss specific problems in your thread, and specific solutions to those problems. If they get enough hits on the forums Devs are bound to read them and if the threads are offering tangible directions for an improvement to actually go in…maybe they’ll pick up on what to do before they lose us for good if these issues are so bad.

Personally I’m just getting back into the game after a post-launch hiatus of about a year. After my recent experience have to say surprised at all the complaints on the forums, been loving the game more than when it came out. Maybe we expect too much from an MMO than doesn’t have a monthly fee? I dunno lol

Also think some chilling is in need, living world boots back up on Nov. 4. They butcher that release, then lets talk about boycotting for real xD

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Maybe the issue is that so many players of a MMO expect the companies to jump right up, go to a machine and simply push a button to fix an issue that the players have and when that button is not pushed they cry out “They are not listening!” I don’t think these players are being realistic here. When players have a laundry list of concerns each being the same, different or maybe even combined then that could put allot of strain on the companies having to look into the issues, where the root of the problem is and figure out what can be done to fix it and possibly perhaps find new coding to fix the issues. Depending on the issues, THEY CAN TAKE TIME to fix. They are not always going to be simple fixes like a simple push of a button. Have patience and enjoy the game while you can. If you don’t anymore because your concerns are not fixed, sorry.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Here’s the problem with a boycott. NCSoft doesn’t care about concurrency. It costs them money. The more people that play, the more resources it costs. The are extremely concerned for retention. The likelihood you are ‘walking through the door’. WalMart doesn’t care if you go to Sears, they care if you go to Sears MORE than WalMart. That’s retention. To measure retention, in this game, actually costs YOU more money. Because you have to stop logging in completely. If you do that during the LS, you’ll have to pay to catch up.

So boycotting is actually expensive to do, for the player, since the best way to check retention is to count the logins during new release dates to see if interest is being maintained. If you miss, you either come back and pay some gems to get caught up or you never come back, and are replaced by new sales of ‘boxes’. (now you see the importance of the NPE!)

I totally get that, I used the boycott term as it is usually the last line of hope to get anything done IRL. As we have been repeatedly ignored by the devs and as they have repeatedly implemented controversial systems with every update lately.

Ok, so if you understand my point, explain how boycotting leverages pressure upon NCSoft. How would a boycott be enacted? What would you boycott? I see no pressure any group of people could possibly place upon this company. The only pressure that could be placed against them would lead to the closing of the servers.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

erm ok jst a few to keep you amused.
zerk meta
pvp lack of content
condition in pve
lack of challenging content
lack of rewarding content
gem conversion
precursor crafting
zerg as the answer aka mindless and boring farming instead of fun content
that would be a great start!

That list is just that, a list.
It is also a very subjective list and not universal truth or seen as issues by everyone.

There is also a grand total of no suggestions on how to fix any of those supposed issues.

Quit acting like you haven’t commented on multiple threads for each of those, where people actually gave them suggestions since launch but nothing has been done.

Edit to say, zerk meta been here since launch, conditions in pve been an issue since beta, lack of pvp content since launch, precursor crafting brought up in beta and arenanet acknowledged near launch, content used to be rewarding at launch but was nerfed, content was challenging at launch because it was new and now everyone knows it all(easy fix is to add new content to keep players challenged).

This pretend you haven’t seen it, and then down playing it is getting old. Its not going to go away because you don’t want it to exist, its only going to go away if arenanet actually works on those issues.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Is boycott the answer?

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I certainly hope not. Although it would be almost impossible to organize and manage such thing, at the end yes our message would have to be addressed.
For over two years most of the issues the community has had with the game have been ignored, or when addressed the old “we are looking into it” response then stuffed back in the bottom draw in hopes that it would be a forgotten issue.
On the flip side, content that are irrelevant and sometimes harmful to the player base is released with no prior discussion or heads up. No need to beat a dead horse by listing the many issues the game has had since release. In all honesty I believe most of the playerbase wouldnt even want a rushed fix.
All I come to ask of the dev’s is roadmap or a direction that they are taking the game. Not to be told to stop whinning or “we are looking into it”. Im to the point that im ready to stop gambling wars 2 and looking for a new game unless i see a positive future.

Boycotting the game will only cause the game to die, we tried it with Tabula Rasa and after a few months they shut down the servers, causing me and my guild(R.I.P. SFD xD) to lose our favorite game. Where as if we(arguably the “community players”) of the game at the time had stuck it out, the game may still be around, and we might have seen an Expansion or something at least. Way it went that game had a decent playbase at launch, then we all “boycotted” cos it had a lack of end game content, and boom dead over night. That’s just my one IRL example of where boycotting got me for a video game. Unfortunately boycotting rarely works when it comes to these kinds of situations as a company like Anet will always cut their loses and re-invent the wheel(so new IP), rather than dump a bunch of money in a project in the hopes of winning back an already obviously fickle playerbase.

We love the game enough to post these threads, and spend hours kittening at each other over the specifics in the comments, so best guess for the way to get the devs to listen is keep playing. Keep trying to enjoy the bits of the game that you still do, and keep creating threads but constructively discuss specific problems in your thread, and specific solutions to those problems. If they get enough hits on the forums Devs are bound to read them and if the threads are offering tangible directions for an improvement to actually go in…maybe they’ll pick up on what to do before they lose us for good if these issues are so bad.

Personally I’m just getting back into the game after a post-launch hiatus of about a year. After my recent experience have to say surprised at all the complaints on the forums, been loving the game more than when it came out. Maybe we expect too much from an MMO than doesn’t have a monthly fee? I dunno lol

Also think some chilling is in need, living world boots back up on Nov. 4. They butcher that release, then lets talk about boycotting for real xD

I get what you are saying but I think there is more and more people like me that see the game they want is gone. GW2 is not the same game that launched and with each patch it gets farther and farther away. I can accept that MMOs change and evolve but this is not evolving. This is a different game that I would not have bought for myself and my children. This is a different game that I would not have spent gems on and I feel like a bait and switch happened. So if this game dies because they don’t won’t to give the players the game that was promised than so be it and I hope it goes down as example of what not to do if you want your MMO to last.

Edit to add, supposedly the gemstore has made them more money than they would have earned with a subscription. So with all that extra money we the players are giving them I think its fair to expect just as much as we would get with a subscription. Especially since they gave us so much more with out the gemstore nickel and diming in the original Guild Wars.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Is boycott the answer?

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Here’s the problem with a boycott. NCSoft doesn’t care about concurrency. It costs them money. The more people that play, the more resources it costs. The are extremely concerned for retention. The likelihood you are ‘walking through the door’. WalMart doesn’t care if you go to Sears, they care if you go to Sears MORE than WalMart. That’s retention. To measure retention, in this game, actually costs YOU more money. Because you have to stop logging in completely. If you do that during the LS, you’ll have to pay to catch up.

So boycotting is actually expensive to do, for the player, since the best way to check retention is to count the logins during new release dates to see if interest is being maintained. If you miss, you either come back and pay some gems to get caught up or you never come back, and are replaced by new sales of ‘boxes’. (now you see the importance of the NPE!)

I totally get that, I used the boycott term as it is usually the last line of hope to get anything done IRL. As we have been repeatedly ignored by the devs and as they have repeatedly implemented controversial systems with every update lately.

Ok, so if you understand my point, explain how boycotting leverages pressure upon NCSoft. How would a boycott be enacted? What would you boycott? I see no pressure any group of people could possibly place upon this company. The only pressure that could be placed against them would lead to the closing of the servers.

You are kind of correct, the only chance of getting positive change is to get 3rd party sites to put the pressure on arenanet. That has shown to at least get them to acknowledge and say they working on the issue rather quickly. I have a feeling that Cox would rather them shut down the game and move on to the next project rather than focus on longevity instead of monetization.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

People keep shouting about all these massive issues that have been here since release and is not fixed and yet I have never actually seen anyone that have said WHAT these issues are and HOW to fix them.

How to fix grind wars gamble sim 2:

1) copy GW1
2) profit lol

Merge all your dead servers ANet, I can’t even WvW on mine. You aren’t fooling anyone with your megaserver, the game is dying no doubt.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Is boycott the answer?

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Maybe the issue is that so many players of a MMO expect the companies to jump right up, go to a machine and simply push a button to fix an issue that the players have and when that button is not pushed they cry out “They are not listening!” I don’t think these players are being realistic here. When players have a laundry list of concerns each being the same, different or maybe even combined then that could put allot of strain on the companies having to look into the issues, where the root of the problem is and figure out what can be done to fix it and possibly perhaps find new coding to fix the issues. Depending on the issues, THEY CAN TAKE TIME to fix. They are not always going to be simple fixes like a simple push of a button. Have patience and enjoy the game while you can. If you don’t anymore because your concerns are not fixed, sorry.

This excuse works great for the first year. After the second year it is not an acceptable excuse. They have had plenty of time if they were actually working on issues that are on the list. The stuff they are working on instead has been breaking more than it fixes and its all to fix stuff that isn’t broken in the first place. Then they don’t even work on fixing those new things that are broken.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Ascended stuff should have been made tradeable, so you can profit by your runs and others who cannot do fractals or would rather not can obtain their rings etc in less than a few years.

Ascended stuff should have been useful in fractals and useless (or at least no better than exotic) everywhere else.

The table is a fable.

Is boycott the answer?

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Im to the point that im ready to stop gambling wars 2 and looking for a new game unless i see a positive future.

Ahem

It’s also worth pointing out that some people use claims of quitting the game as an attention-getting tactic, when in fact they are still quite active.

This is what intrigues me about people who ‘quit’, but yet stay in the forums active. Sure, maybe they quit in game, but they like being active in the forums to still point out flaws or denounce something whatnot.

But there’s the key. The quitters are still paying attention to the game, keeping the forums active (a dead game forum is scarier than one populate by complaints, then you know the game is in trouble if no one even talks).

Some quitters are simply waiting for anet to add something they like, then they’ll be back. Some may just wait for it to hit a higher popularity so they can slip back in and be part of it. Some may be here to denounce the game because they feel cheated in spending money and eventually not liking the game, justifying it as some kind of ‘revenge’ or ‘payback’.

But either way, its activity. They are still invested in the game despite saying I quit. And look at what happens. The NPE changes, the ‘quitters’ denounce and other players denounce, it gets attention on gaming websites. They get attention. The NPE, for good or bad, reached some of those who didn’t like it in the first place, and although its ‘bad press’ (depending who you ask), they may try it to see why its now ‘bad’ and realize to them its better.

When I quit WoW, I made sure to quit anything related to it. I even quit going to mmochampion until the urge to play WoW again was gone. And it worked. I no longer cared about patch notes or expansions, or anything. I don’t care about the rage people have that a class got super buffed or something. If anything, I am an outsider looking in, and reflecting back, I was shocked how I was just like that at some point.I kinda laugh at it now.

So here’s my advice quitters: if you want to truly quit, and not deal with gw2 ever again. Then stop. Stop everything. Don’t come to the forums, don’t read up on any news about gw2, don’t go to gw2guru. Go cold turkey. If you can’t, if you persist, then you are keeping the forums active and you are still showing signs of some willingness to come back. You haven’t truly quit, you are as active as ever.

I agree. The mindset reminds me of the Terry Pratchett line about how gods on the diskworld love atheists because their belief burns so bright.

Since companies figured that out years ago and started hiring people to keep forums populated with cheery threads there is almost zero chance that any MMO game forum will ever be dead.

Some of us stay around because we do actually have hope for the game and really want it to bring us back. Then we see more stuff that pushes us farther away and we are upset because we really do want the game to be great. But we want it to be great at being a game not at being great at milking money from the playerbase.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Im to the point that im ready to stop gambling wars 2 and looking for a new game unless i see a positive future.

Ahem

It’s also worth pointing out that some people use claims of quitting the game as an attention-getting tactic, when in fact they are still quite active.

This is what intrigues me about people who ‘quit’, but yet stay in the forums active. Sure, maybe they quit in game, but they like being active in the forums to still point out flaws or denounce something whatnot.

But there’s the key. The quitters are still paying attention to the game, keeping the forums active (a dead game forum is scarier than one populate by complaints, then you know the game is in trouble if no one even talks).

Some quitters are simply waiting for anet to add something they like, then they’ll be back. Some may just wait for it to hit a higher popularity so they can slip back in and be part of it. Some may be here to denounce the game because they feel cheated in spending money and eventually not liking the game, justifying it as some kind of ‘revenge’ or ‘payback’.

But either way, its activity. They are still invested in the game despite saying I quit. And look at what happens. The NPE changes, the ‘quitters’ denounce and other players denounce, it gets attention on gaming websites. They get attention. The NPE, for good or bad, reached some of those who didn’t like it in the first place, and although its ‘bad press’ (depending who you ask), they may try it to see why its now ‘bad’ and realize to them its better.

When I quit WoW, I made sure to quit anything related to it. I even quit going to mmochampion until the urge to play WoW again was gone. And it worked. I no longer cared about patch notes or expansions, or anything. I don’t care about the rage people have that a class got super buffed or something. If anything, I am an outsider looking in, and reflecting back, I was shocked how I was just like that at some point.I kinda laugh at it now.

So here’s my advice quitters: if you want to truly quit, and not deal with gw2 ever again. Then stop. Stop everything. Don’t come to the forums, don’t read up on any news about gw2, don’t go to gw2guru. Go cold turkey. If you can’t, if you persist, then you are keeping the forums active and you are still showing signs of some willingness to come back. You haven’t truly quit, you are as active as ever.

I agree. The mindset reminds me of the Terry Pratchett line about how gods on the diskworld love atheists because their belief burns so bright.

Since companies figured that out years ago and started hiring people to keep forums populated with cheery threads there is almost zero chance that any MMO game forum will ever be dead.

Some of us stay around because we do actually have hope for the game and really want it to bring us back. Then we see more stuff that pushes us farther away and we are upset because we really do want the game to be great. But we want it to be great at being a game not at being great at milking money from the playerbase.

Got to say am not impressed with this theory. Asking for change great, calling them fools that employ shills and lie all the time, absolutely useless.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The problem with many of us “the community” is thinking with money.

There is a side of ArenaNet that is more financial based, and there’s a side that is more gameplay based. We can’t pretend like the gameplay side doesn’t exist.

So that’s why things like boycotts and “I WILL NEVAR BUY ANOTHER GEM” just aren’t going to get through. Also making an appeal for your suggestion by saying “this is going to bring in a lot more money” probably goes in one ear and out the other.

Instead we need to get through to developers. Marketers and CEOs aren’t the only ones making decisions in the company. It’s not like everyone in the company is seeing dollar bills fly by in their head every time they have an idea. And the people who do think that way, they generally aren’t the ones that can fix our problems.

Therefore the correct way to get the developer’s attention is: To keep playing and make encouraging suggestions.

Yes. Yes. I get it. Anybody who releases content needs to be able to take negative feedback just as much as positive feedback.

But think of this…

You wrote a book and it was successful.

You first walk into a room full of fans and they say: “We love you! I had so much fun reading this! If you write another book can we have more of [THIS]? Can we maybe have less of [THIS]?”

Then you walk into a second room and the people there say: “You’re a terrible writer! I want my money back! When you write another book it better have [THIS], [THIS], and [THIS] or no one is going to read it!”

You could either:
A. Smile and try to take room 1’s tactfully given advice
B. Try to conform to room 2 and risk dropping your appreciative fans for those which will never be happy anyway
C. Get depressed and quit writing

You want the short answer for why our voices on the forums are seemingly not being heard? It’s because this place is rank with toxicity. It smells like a truckstop bathroom. It’s probably not the sort of place a dev would want to hang around, and certainly not one to take as a sanctuary.

We keep trying to break the unbreakable rule “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”

Trading our “who you know”
A productive relationship with the devs
for our “what you know”
strong opinions on how we think we can fix the game

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Dark Master Chief.7930

Dark Master Chief.7930

There are many problems with the game but boycotting might not do anything unless its done in mass. Many people wont stop playing so there has to be a better way to get the Devs to respond and actually do their work.
KarlaGrey posted many links about problems and potential fixes but no word from them. We will probably never get any word on fixes since if it doesn’t affect their Gem Shop they wont do anything about it. Even then they messed with the gem conversion and said “we will take a look” but we haven’t heard anything from them and that’s because other sites started to write about what they did. There’s new items in the shop and the gem conversion has not been fixed.
Also IPhyton and others don’t fall for the trolls that just want to kitten you off. Its always the same people defending Anet/Devs in these threads. If there’s a thread stating valid concerns and problems you will always see the same people coming in to defend, don’t know if they are placed here by the mod/devs to show that people support them or what.
CDIs are useless just look at WvW, so many then the devs ask for more opinions when they havent even looked at the first one.
I would like to know where Anet test their updates, who the people that cant handle 10 skills on their bar so they released the September Pack to dumb down the game and hold peoples hands.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Gemstore boycott is always a good idea, especially until they fix the custom slider back.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The problem there is though they might not play 20 hrs a week anymore they’re still posting 20 times a day…that’s where failure lies in.

If someone wants to post however many times a day, and does not violate the forum rules in doing so, the only failure lies in your attempt to label their behavior as a problem.

Also, as many times as people keep asking for some kind of road map or updates/statuses on things A.net is working on, you will never get an answer because of their corporate policy…THEY WON’T/DON’T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING UNTIL IT IS READY FOR RELEASE…and right or wrong, that comes straight from the top, that is Mike O’Brien’s rule, and until he changes it you can scream at the top of your lungs, it won’t matter, they will not tell you/us anything.

People who ask for greater transparency are trying to reach Mike O’Brien. It’s not like they can call him up or send him an email, so they use the tool ANet gives us.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

erm ok jst a few to keep you amused.
zerk meta
pvp lack of content
condition in pve
lack of challenging content
lack of rewarding content
gem conversion
precursor crafting
zerg as the answer aka mindless and boring farming instead of fun content
that would be a great start!

That list is just that, a list.
It is also a very subjective list and not universal truth or seen as issues by everyone.

There is also a grand total of no suggestions on how to fix any of those supposed issues.

Quit acting like you haven’t commented on multiple threads for each of those, where people actually gave them suggestions since launch but nothing has been done.

Edit to say, zerk meta been here since launch, conditions in pve been an issue since beta, lack of pvp content since launch, precursor crafting brought up in beta and arenanet acknowledged near launch, content used to be rewarding at launch but was nerfed, content was challenging at launch because it was new and now everyone knows it all(easy fix is to add new content to keep players challenged).

This pretend you haven’t seen it, and then down playing it is getting old. Its not going to go away because you don’t want it to exist, its only going to go away if arenanet actually works on those issues.

And this is why it is pretty pointless to react to his comments.

Don’t reply and maybe he will get bored and go away.

Is boycott the answer?

KarlaGrey.5903

I get what you are saying but I think there is more and more people like me that see the game they want is gone. GW2 is not the same game that launched and with each patch it gets farther and farther away. I can accept that MMOs change and evolve but this is not evolving. This is a different game that I would not have bought for myself and my children. This is a different game that I would not have spent gems on and I feel like a bait and switch happened. So if this game dies because they don’t won’t to give the players the game that was promised than so be it and I hope it goes down as example of what not to do if you want your MMO to last.

Edit to add, supposedly the gemstore has made them more money than they would have earned with a subscription. So with all that extra money we the players are giving them I think its fair to expect just as much as we would get with a subscription. Especially since they gave us so much more with out the gemstore nickel and diming in the original Guild Wars.

This is almost a perfect summary of my sentiments, with the difference I – as many other GW vets – had high hopes we would see the game we want only until it was actually released.
Some of us then struggled a few months because ‘potential’, while others quit in a matter of weeks, days, and even hours. The disappointment is/was too great to describe.
I have a new PC now, one that could easily handle GW2 in all its zerginess, but alas the game will never again see the day of light on a computer under my jurisdiction.

I would however TRULY appreciate if the modern Anet stopped breaking the original GW, because I am noticing an increasing number of random bugs that I had never seen until recently. And while I welcome the patch to fix syncing, which almost magically revived HA, it in turn completely broke RA, which was raher active before said patch hit.
Would an extra line of code really have taken so much extra effort? sadface
You guys have our thanks for the patch, nevertheless.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

This is almost a perfect summary of my sentiments, with the difference I – as many other GW vets – only had high hopes we would see the game we want until it was actually released.
Some of us then struggled a few months because ‘potential’, while others quit in a matter of weeks, days, and even hours. The disappointment is/was too great to describe.
I have a new PC now, one that could easily handle GW2 in all its zerginess, but alas the game will never again see the day of light on a computer under my jurisdiction.

At least you like the GW2 forums.

Necromancer Main

Is boycott the answer?

KarlaGrey.5903

Yea it’s better pvp than the actual thing.

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I must have missed the paycheck from ANet for the new job I’ve been assigned of improving the game. I mean, we all, as players, got hired for this new position, right? What other reason could there be for people trying to foist that responsibility on the players when it rightly should lay with the developers?

Every time I get served bad food in a restaurant I go into the kitchens and do the chefs job for the rest of the week without pay. You’re just being selfish!

Is boycott the answer?

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

There is no reason to boycott anything. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Simple as that. The rest of us will still be thankful we can get this good of an mmo without a sub fee.

Yeah, I already moved on to another game. The OP is basically in the same boat as a lot of others though (noticed quite a few “I’m quitting posts” over the years).

It’s the wasted potential that kitten’s people off. Such a good start even though the game was obviously incomplete, 2 years of polishing with no real changes really kicks you in a bad place :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”