Is endgame being developed, or what?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

just because anet has a plan, doesnt mean it is always a good one. The fractal reset is an example, its clear right now, that reseting people to 30 served very little purpose, and they will still have the same problems they were trying to solve (but did not) next time they want to add content/levels etc to fractals.

no one always has the right plan, one should not assume that people will always do everything right, just because they are paid to.

Oh Fractal reset…. yeah that was a bad decision. I’m not doing fractals anymore, specially since you still have no chance for a weapon skin drop.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure I agree with your assessment of the situation.

Would you rather be a half-baked shop that sells everything but nothing really good, or would you rather cater to one small niche demographic better than everyone else. I’m thinking that’s the choice here.

Anet’s not going to out raid raiding games, and no amount of content they can reasonably provide will keep hard core people interested long term. I really believe that.

What they do have is something no one else has, or at least something I’ve not been able to find anywhere else. They need to improve that experience, because that’s the one that differentiates them from the herd.

At the end of the day, this is just back seat developing by the both of us. I’m pretty sure Anet has a plan. They simply haven’t revealed it to us.

just because anet has a plan, doesnt mean it is always a good one. The fractal reset is an example, its clear right now, that reseting people to 30 served very little purpose, and they will still have the same problems they were trying to solve (but did not) next time they want to add content/levels etc to fractals.

no one always has the right plan, one should not assume that people will always do everything right, just because they are paid to.

You’re 100% right. There’s absolutely no guarantee Anet has a good plan. However, I think it’s likely they have access to data you and I don’t. In fact, I’m 100% sure of that fact.

So who’s more likely to come up with a better plan? You? Me? Or Anet?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

just because anet has a plan, doesnt mean it is always a good one.

In the end they play just try & error .. to see what works and what not.

Personally i have no problem with that .. there is not really much else you can do
if you don’t want just to copy again and again the same that has worked for years.

Especially if you know that the same old stuff doesn’t work that good anymore.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Personally i have no problem with that .. there is not really much else you can do
if you don’t want just to copy again and again the same that has worked for years.

Not really saying they should recreate raids, but the should develop the depth of high level/long term player content, imo

Vayne.8563

Not really saying they should recreate raids, but the should develop the depth of high level/long term player content, imo

Which happens to be different for everyone. Most of the long term play options that exist in other MMOs didn’t interest me at all.

phys.7689

Would you rather be a half-baked shop that sells everything but nothing really good, or would you rather cater to one small niche demographic better than everyone else. I’m thinking that’s the choice here.

Anet’s not going to out raid raiding games, and no amount of content they can reasonably provide will keep hard core people interested long term. I really believe that.

What they do have is something no one else has, or at least something I’ve not been able to find anywhere else. They need to improve that experience, because that’s the one that differentiates them from the herd.

At the end of the day, this is just back seat developing by the both of us. I’m pretty sure Anet has a plan. They simply haven’t revealed it to us.

You’re 100% right. There’s absolutely no guarantee Anet has a good plan. However, I think it’s likely they have access to data you and I don’t. In fact, I’m 100% sure of that fact.

At this point, id say me (in concert with anet) but I may be biased

Beldin.5498

Which happens to be different for everyone. Most of the long term play options that exist in other MMOs didn’t interest me at all.

There was so far only 1 MMO i played longer than GW2 .. and that was EQ2 for nearly 5 years.

On the one hand it was really that there was a lot of content, but in the end it was also
that i leveled a new character wehenever one was at max and the leveling took longer
at that time. And you needed of course to keep up after each new expansion.

Other reason were simply my guild .. people i knew already for some years from
Diablo2 and that were very active each evening in Teamspeak.

In the end EQ2 was killed for us through the raiding .. when some people went to
a raid-ally and in the end started to do even other content with those players and
the rest most of the time were not even enough to fill a 6 person dungeon group.

After that with every new MMO it started faster and faster that people got bored,
mostly it was just bring 1 character to max .. play maybe 1-2 month more and get bored.

And in the end if your friends leave it also happens much faster that you loose
interest because its mostly not really a game itself that can hold you for years,
its the combination of a “decent” game and a good community. Without the
community even the greatest game will mostly start to be boring after a short time.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

phys.7689

Every one may have different needs but they still have needs. In order to retain a large % of players and keep new players around longer, every game most solve this issue.

LS has its moments and has probably improved, but it doesn’t create great replayability or a desired goal for many players, it does give a reason to log in once a week, but is that enough for high retainment?

Like I said raids may not be anets answer to the question, but I wouldn’t say they have solved the problem

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Sadly there is no endgame in this game, i tried WvW for several months and got bored with badly balanced classes and a neglected gaming enviroment.

This game will be dead soon when a new set of free to play MMO’s come out and quite frankly it deserves it if it’s not able to recognise it’s fundamental problem, the devs simply refuse to do ask the community asks over and over and over and when they claim they do they actually don’t and more often than not balls it up. Not to mention the several skills across all proffesions that are still in a broken state.

This is why i gave up and went back to toher games, Guild Wars 2 is stale, boring, unimaginative, out of touch, imbalanced and worst of all neglected where it counts.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Vayne.8563

Every one may have different needs but they still have needs. In order to retain a large % of players and keep new players around longer, every game most solve this issue.

LS has its moments and has probably improved, but it doesn’t create great replayability or a desired goal for many players, it does give a reason to log in once a week, but is that enough for high retainment?

Like I said raids may not be anets answer to the question, but I wouldn’t say they have solved the problem

LS doesn’t give players who enjoy the game a reason to log in once a week. Not if you want the back piece. Not if you want insect weapons. Not if you want all the achievements.

The issue is, there is plenty to log in for that would take a week. I spent a week trying to get to tier 5 whenever I could, just because I enjoyed the challenge of it. By the second week, I’m actually happy to get back to other stuff I was enjoying that I wasn’t doing because I was busy in Dry Top.

Dry Top is a new zone coming out a bit at a time. So if in two or three months we have a new zone, or we got it at the end of that time and had it all at once, how it is really different. It’s the same new zone.

The living story isn’t just the instances. It’s giving you an opportunity to do other things if you like those things. You obviously don’t. Plenty of people do. Enough to keep the game going?

I think so. But I guess we’ll see.

Vayne.8563

At this point, id say me (in concert with anet) but I may be biased

It’s very easy to say you can do stuff, without having to prove it. I’ve seen many people say they could write a book better than so and so, until I saw the book. Maybe you can, maybe you can’t.

But I wouldn’t bet money on it either way.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If by endgame you mean WvW then probably not.

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

The lack of endgame is what is going to cripple GW2 in the not so long term. Already people are bored of the game. Guilds are breaking apart due to people quitting. Its true GW2 china upped the playerbase but it still does not make up for the fraction that are quitting everyday.

Unlike WoW and other more traditional gear centric MMOs, there is absolutely NO REASON to come back to this one. For example, WoW would release a new raid tier with 2-3 new dungeons or raids as well new quest hubs, quests and of course new tier of items. These large updates would happen every 2 months or so, keeping the content fresh for many players. Simply clearing that content would net you powerful new gear which would make your character stronger and give you some sense of achievement.

Enter GW2 with the LS update every 2 week model. As of right now, there is absolutely NO REPLEYABILITY to this content, much less any sense of progression and reward. You log in, play the poorly scripted story for 1-2 hours, get your fair share of blues and greens and quit for the rest of the week. Because this is all what you are gonna get. And from what we keep hearing, there is no plan to change it anytime soon.

Some people here are delusional, thinking that the “no endgame” or “free gear for everyone” model triumphs the old one. The gear centric model is good because it was proven for years no end that it works. This one…im not so sure

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

The game has been out for nearly 2 years and people still come and kitten up the forums with threads like this.

THIS IS NOT A RAIDING GAME. IT IS NOT AN ARENA JUNKIE GAME. IT IS NOT A MIN/MAX GAME.

It is its own thing and it does it very well, which is why it has been successful. Take a glance over at the graveyard of games that just tried to do the same old theme park formula and you may appreciate this game’s design a little more.

If you need a clear carrot, then clearly this game isn’t for you. Sorry! They never, ever advertised this game as something that was being geared towards an end-game focused progression design. I am glad for that, as are many other people who enjoy this game for what it is.

Seriously. 2 years in. Every time I return to play some GW2 I check the forums and this thread or some iteration of it is ALWAYS kittenting up the room.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Soon this game will be in graveyard too . Around 70% of ppl already left this game and this trend still peaks down , reason always is the same "there is nothing to do " . People only log in once per 2 weeks to click through wall of text , clear all mobs in few minutes,click through wall of text , log out . Pve in this game has the most pathetic difficult level I have ever seen in any mmo . Braindead monkey can complete story and ls without any problems !!!just spamming all skills !!!!! dungs are the same running from one corner to another one , there is no harcore dung , only skipping mobs is more difficult on some like arah . I would preffer to dont get any LS for month but then recieve finally pvp patch , www patch ,getting rid of zerker meta from pve, better mob ai, no corner stacking . Ls doesnt help this game , it need patches to balance,fix parts which players use everyday

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really! Do you have a link showing 70% of players have left the game? I would be really interested in reading about that.

Vayne.8563

Soon this game will be in graveyard too . Around 70% of ppl already left this game and this trend still peaks down , reason always is the same "there is nothing to do " . People only log in once per 2 weeks to click through wall of text , clear all mobs in few minutes,click through wall of text , log out . Pve in this game has the most pathetic difficult level I have ever seen in any mmo . Braindead monkey can complete story and ls without any problems !!!just spamming all skills !!!!! dungs are the same running from one corner to another one , there is no harcore dung , only skipping mobs is more difficult on some like arah . I would preffer to dont get any LS for month but then recieve finally pvp patch , www patch ,getting rid of zerker meta from pve, better mob ai, no corner stacking . Ls doesnt help this game , it need patches to balance,fix parts which players use everyday

Did you know that 98.2 percent of all people make up statistics on the spot to try to support their arguments? Just saying.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Really! Do you have a link showing 70% of players have left the game? I would be really interested in reading about that.

I, too, would like to see those numbers.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I, too, would like to see those numbers.

Do would I.

Too many doom and gloom threads recently. Don’t these people have something better to do?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: ocirne.7915

ocirne.7915

Nobody has any numbers of the playerbase, but 70% gone does seem a good estimate.

Vayne.8563

Nobody has any numbers of the playerbase, but 70% gone does seem a good estimate.

Based on what? How can anyone estimate something like this? If you want to see numbers of players on anything, Guild Wars 2 has been hovering at the same place in the Raptr Top 20 for a relatively long time. The only MMORPGs that have more players than Guild Wars 2 for July of 2014 are World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy and Wildstar, which launched just last month. And Wildstar had a huge dropoff down 7 slots since launch month.

Guild Wars 2 stays on the top ten this month even though ESO, which is much newer, fell to #26 on Raptrs most played games.

So I’m not sure what people are basing this mass exodus on.

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. and 70% have also left Wildstar after just 2 month .. and that since that game
is just pure “endgame” .. roflma

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Validating estimates based on feelings of accuracy. Real science is happening before our very eyes!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

ocirne.7915

Based on the amount of players that purchased the game.

Everyone that has played since release knows that 3-5 months after release, huge amounts of people stopped playing because there was nothing to do. Even big guilds barely had any people online.

The playerbase has stabilized ofcource, so any numbers you get now won’t show a big decline of players, but yeah a very significant part of the playerbase stopped 3-5 months after release.

Hunter.4783

Wanna know something funny? Its sad seeing FF14 and wildstar top GW2, especially the former. That game has been bleeding surscribers since launch.

I cannot take these data w/o a grain a salt since it does not show total player base, but if games like FF14 and heck even D3 have a larger player games like GW2….well kitten.

Vayne.8563

Everyone that has played since release knows that 3-5 months after release, huge amounts of people stopped playing because there was nothing to do. Even big guilds barely had any people online.

The playerbase has stabilized ofcource, so any numbers you get now won’t show a big decline of players, but yeah a very significant part of the playerbase stopped 3-5 months after release.

So you’re saying since launch people have left? Well yeah. So what? This is a meaningless assertion.

Games often have a huge push at launch and lose players. That’s called NORMAL. Most games don’t retain their player base for 2 years.

What happens is people play a game, those who like it stay, those who don’t leave. And since people come back and new people come on, the population stays roughly stable, which is pretty much how I see the Guild Wars 2 population. People are expected to leave new games.

Vayne.8563

Wanna know something funny? Its sad seeing FF14 and wildstar top GW2, especially the former. That game has been bleeding surscribers since launch.

I cannot take these data w/o a grain a salt since it does not show total player base, but if games like FF14 and heck even D3 have a larger player games like GW2….well kitten.

FF14 had a free weekend, which added to it’s numbers for this month. It’s up 5 spots. You need to read articles instead of just look at numbers.

Still FF14 is the, ready for this, 14th game in a popular series. There are long time die hard FF fans out there, who will play that game because they love that world. FF 14 has been in the top 20 for a long time. That makes it a successful game. Guild Wars 2 is right there with it.

ocirne.7915

So you’re saying since launch people have left? Well yeah. So what? This is a meaningless assertion.

Games often have a huge push at launch and lose players. That’s called NORMAL. Most games don’t retain their player base for 2 years.

What happens is people play a game, those who like it stay, those who don’t leave. And since people come back and new people come on, the population stays roughly stable, which is pretty much how I see the Guild Wars 2 population. People are expected to leave new games.

The “lost players” include lots of core mmo players, and most GW1 players.

GW2 works fine for the players that stayed after 2 years, but it could have done a much better job at keeping other kinds of players.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

FF14 also has had a major patch recently, and another content update on the way Soon™.

Of course it’s up. GW2 probably was up too when LS2 kicked off.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Vayne.8563

The “lost players” include lots of core mmo players, and most GW1 players.

GW2 works fine for the players that stayed after 2 years, but it could have done a much better job at keeping other kinds of players.

What evidence do you have that keeping those other kinds of players would have kept people like me though. Or that more people would be playing after 2 years?

As for losing most Guild Wars 1 players a whole lot of people in my Guild played Guild Wars 1 and still play. And I see GWAMM titles quite frequently.

I do agree a lot of Guild Wars 1 PvPers probably have left. But I’ve always felt that, despite it’s popularity, there are still far more PvE players in Guild Wars 1. The focus of the development would support that.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

As a by the way, they did try creating content only for elite players.

One of the results was the Aetherblade pirates during the elections, which most people never completed.

One of the results was Tequatl, which is still failed by any map that doesn’t organise at least 20 minutes ahead of schedule – and often fails even at longer setups.

And one of the results was the Triple Trouble Wurm, which even TTS doesn’t have a full success rate at, and which most other guilds generally fail more often than they succeed.

Dry Top was a far more successful project. There’s still only about 1 or 2 instances during elite high periods (0 in the mainly casual periods) capable of reaching and sustaining t5, so people who like playing on the razor’s edge get to strive for that goal, but at the same time, t3 is 100% achievable by SOLOISTS, and t4 generally doable by any normal map as long as there’s at least 10 players or so who are willing to put in the effort for that. Those who perform best get the best rewards, those who don’t do as well get to earn some, but not as much, and those who can’t be too bothered about personal performance can still ride on the coattails of those who do through LFG taxis.

I’m not sure if you’d consider that an endgame, but these really do exist.

Hunter.4783

As a by the way, they did try creating content only for elite players.

One of the results was the Aetherblade pirates during the elections, which most people never completed.

One of the results was Tequatl, which is still failed by any map that doesn’t organise at least 20 minutes ahead of schedule – and often fails even at longer setups.

And one of the results was the Triple Trouble Wurm, which even TTS doesn’t have a full success rate at, and which most other guilds generally fail more often than they succeed.

Dry Top was a far more successful project. There’s still only about 1 or 2 instances during elite high periods (0 in the mainly casual periods) capable of reaching and sustaining t5, so people who like playing on the razor’s edge get to strive for that goal, but at the same time, t3 is 100% achievable by SOLOISTS, and t4 generally doable by any normal map as long as there’s at least 10 players or so who are willing to put in the effort for that. Those who perform best get the best rewards, those who don’t do as well get to earn some, but not as much, and those who can’t be too bothered about personal performance can still ride on the coattails of those who do through LFG taxis.

I’m not sure if you’d consider that an endgame, but these really do exist.

The aetherblade thing was stupid and something they put together in a day, Don’t compare that with WoW style raids, lulz.

Tequal is full zone zerg. It is NOT an organized raid content. Again it does NOT compare with classic raid content because of the open world setup. In WoW this type of content was considered the most casual and easy time and was there to provide alts or new max lvl players access to starter raid gear. It does not even come CLOSE to the glory of some of the WoW raids, like nax, Sunwell, ulduar, Frozen citadel….

Triple WUrm: Read tequal

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

You can argue about how many people left , play ,will be playing but anyway I still think that LS updates doesnt help gw becasue right now they are completly useless . 95% of my guild mates just speedrun through it and never come back .I think most people do that so I have no idea why Anet spends almost all their resources on developing it and completly abandon other game aspects where people play everyday . Really community which plays this game everyday can generate much bigger income then randoms who log in once per 2 weeks . The worst thing is that there is completly no information from devs side . Is it so difficult to write "hey community we are working on build templates , you can expect them in next month cya " anything !!!

Vayne.8563

You can argue about how many people left , play ,will be playing but anyway I still think that LS updates doesnt help gw becasue right now they are completly useless . 95% of my guild mates just speedrun through it and never come back .I think most people do that so I have no idea why Anet spends almost all their resources on developing it and completly abandon other game aspects where people play everyday . Really community which plays this game everyday can generate much bigger income then randoms who log in once per 2 weeks . The worst thing is that there is completly no information from devs side . Is it so difficult to write "hey community we are working on build templates , you can expect them in next month cya " anything !!!

But they said htey’re working on build templates.

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

yh 2 years ago they said that they were working on cmd update and what ? it was just an example , we need more info and some estimated time for developing process right now we are standing like kids in the mist “maybe they are developing something , maybe dont who knows ?”

Vayne.8563

You won’t get it, and Anet is smart not to give it to you.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

thats what i do now..

- speed through content in couple hours…

- play another game

this game isn’t long term, its short term to waste couple hours now and then.
its took me a while to realize that

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Tohbais.5714

Tohbais.5714

I adore endgame the way it is now, and have never found myself really sitting around bored at any point in time. As a player who fully immerses them self in the word i do not wish the endgame to be changed in any way, if you truly believe there is nothing to do at endgame, that its simple you will not be satisfied at endgame at all by anything on GW2. Perhaps you should look into an alternate MMO. Because catering toward the elitist players that demand “endgame content” tends to ruin the game with several things, usually a horrible difficulty spike that drives away most of the player base, ala the aetherblades and Teq.

That being said i would love several of the things talked about in this thread as well, new dungeons, some instanced raids and such, all nice additions to the game.

(edited by Tohbais.5714)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t know where you are getting at. Consider every game you named are in the top online role playing game, it’s not bad to be in those category.

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

yeah its a very stale game at level 80.

there is no depth to this game. i play it everyday just to do the daily, so when the times comes that there is actual DEPTH to the game i got alot of laurels and gold to spend for it.

but until then its just a chore.

id like to see the following:
-City Raids
-racial Fights ( char vs Human )
-Combat mini ( pokemon type of mini game)
- more achieveable Factions ( Priory, Whisperers, Vigal are not enough)
- world pvp
- more Non racial citys. ( lions arch is the only one we have…again boring.)
-more level 80 content in low level areas.( we are stuck to a handful of 80 content)

I just left a game that had most of that ( or purported to) it was called WoW… That is why I am no longer playing that game, the gear train the endlesss ego ganking … you sound like you could be playing the wrong game if you seek all that ………

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I have been playing gw2 since launch and I played gw1 for much much longer. I probably won’t quit gw2, but when I have reached the daily cap in 1 month-ish I don’t see myself logging on unless there is a patch. Three successive play groups that I used to party with regularly have now quit, so the social doesn’t keep me around (if they were still playing I would still play). GW2 has fantastic combat, and I love that the end game is just skins. I like fractals and I enjoy the min-maxing zerking of dungeons, to be quite honest (I play lots of game types were zerk is not the meta so meh). But there is just no endgame content left to play – I have literally done everything and LS is poorly written tripe and the achieves are a joke difficulty-wise.

The fact is, Anet probably doesn’t make money off of me, they make money off of the majority of people who are casual and haven’t exhausted the content, and chuck $10 at the gem shop every month to get whatever.

Still I would dearly love to have an expansion. I know that people who have drifted to worse games due to boredom would come back for a REAL expansion (5 zones, 2-3 dungeons, new map clear content, new race or class or at least weapon types, new wvw map or spvp game type).

After two years of LS added together we don’t have anything CLOSE to one single traditional expansion. The GW1 expansions were amazing and kept me playing for years and years.

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Someone in the german forums described it well:
GW2 is like elevator music, its not interesting but doesnt hurt as well.

What would really keep me would be PvP,
but PvP received no love and thus the population is low and because there are very few players the updates for PvP are very rare, once maybe twice a year making the population even lower, but just look at the PvP Forums.

Ah and I almost got a shock looking into german PvP forums a few days ago, where the NEWEST post was made 12 days ago.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Yes ofc it is enough! No need to balance classes or anything like that, just do some random changes and nobody won’t notice that minor problem.[/quote]

They have rebalanced classes. Warriors used to suck in WvW. Unfortunately they got over-buffed. Necro’s used to suck pretty bad too. Now they are two of the go to classes.

Mesmers and thieves used to rule. Theives got slightly nerfed, and mesmers got nerfed to the ground, but then they got buffed again and are back.

Be careful what you wish for, because the experience with warriors shows that balance changes can go too far.

Posted by: Gerbilforce.4758

Gerbilforce.4758

If GW2 is to survive, Arena needs to remember its roots and bring back horizontal elements from GW1, like more skills, more abilities, more elites, stuff like that, as well as expanding on it further. The current abomination of a trait system tries, vainly, to capture the old GW1 skill capture system, but fails, miserably. It doesn’t give me the feeling of, hurray, I have more building blocks to play with, instead, it gives me the feeling of, oh, wonderful, I have to complete annoying jumping puzzles to unlock a trait. GW2 desperately needs more GW1, it needs more if x then y abilities, more fun, random skills, some quirky and useless, some useful, some situational. GW2 has a lot of potential, but it doesn’t act on any of its strengths, nor does it shore up its weaknesses, it just kinda sits there. It doesn’t need raids, it doesn’t need gear grinds, GW1 survived just fine without these and few complained about the endgame in GW1, we always had something to do.
Expanding on the old wouldn’t hurt too much either, an alternate advancement system, housing, and bigger, better guild halls would really breathe some life into the game. As it stands, when I reach level 80 I just make an alt, there’s nothing else to do, but in GW1, I kept going, there was always more combinations, always more skills to play with, always more builds, always more this and that. Everything here is empty, and there is so much wasted potential.

Squeak.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I think what the game really needs is more fun and challenging content. We need more boss fights/encounters like the Thaumanova Anomaly, the Weapons Test Engineer, the Legendary Clockheart boss in Aetherpath or Lupicus.
They don’t have to be super hard, but they could be more interesting.

You know, I look at all these world bosses that Arena net spent so much time designing and I just think how sad it is that incredible bosses like the Shatterer die in a blink of an eye. You don’t even have to move, you just stand near the zerg and press 1. Besides Tequatl and the Triple Wurms, there really is no challenge in them.

New bosses/dungeons/events/Living Story episodes or anything really that is challenging and interesting would be good. Something new besides the same old content where you just stack on top of stuff and and auto attack to win. That is so BORING!

The good news is I think the game is heading in that direction. The “resident evil” wolves from this new episode are quite challenging and actually have interesting mechanics, and the same goes for the haunted statue boss. I have to say I enjoyed quite a lot the Queen’s gaunlet bosses where I actually had to change my build around to defeat them. It didn’t have any gear rewards or anything like that, but I personally enjoyed it. I hope we will get that kind of content again in the future.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Posted by: Ashley.3408

Ashley.3408

what happens when you get to your end game ? do you say thats it im done and put the game down, or do you keep playing for “fun” in either case be there end game or no end game, you should be playing for fun and because you enjoy wich ever content comes or whichever you enjoy.

if theres an end game all your going to being doing is doing that over and over as you say.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The only thing I’ve really come to a conclusion about in this thread is that there a lot of different people who have very different ideas about what “endgame” entails.

One thing that does seem pretty certain is that people who want the traditional “raid” style endgame progression probably aren’t going to get it in GW2. I’m not entirely certain that’s a bad thing… perhaps there is a place in the MMO market for a game that doesn’t.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, that seems right. Except last time I expressed the opinion of “why not tokens” I was scolded lightly over adding more currencies. Which leads to the next question:

Why not base “raids” off the existing dungeons or the storyline of said dungeons? Say, for instance, there’s a raid designed to use Sons of Svanir / Icebrood vs Kodan as the backdrop for it. The reward being the tokens for “Honor of the Waves” and new objects being made available at the token merchant.

Of course, that does mean many people could do the dungeon and not the raid but if you don’t want new tokens . . . the only other answer is “token inflation” where you give the raids a higher payout of tokens and the items meant for the raids a greater amount.

. . . or alternatively, you could attach them to Guild Commendations and make the raids available through that whole system. Especially since it should be assumed you’d need some level of organization and not simply to PUG it.

Not really a simple answer to this if the desire for new tokens isn’t wanted. And, well, from the reaction to Geodes? New tokens . . . aren’t . . . really wanted.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.