Is it too late to start playing PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Huxow.7259

Huxow.7259

As i’ve only played PvP thats what i enjoyed the most but its getting old real fast! so could i start PvE’ing now or is everyone at late-game content?

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

No reason you can’t level solo even if everyone was at late game content, which I don’t think they are.

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

To be honest, any MMO that’s been out for half of a year is going to be naturally top heavy. Having said that, the largest servers will still have a noticeable number of low level alt characters. I know that Tarnished Coast tends to have a bunch of alts since it is the quasi-official RP server. There are probably many more good candidates for servers, but I’m not sure of which ones.

(While I love my Fergusson’s Crossing server, we’re on the lighter end of population and don’t have tons of people running around the lower level zones.)

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

You crack on, I’m a wvw player but even I have nipped into pve and am even close to world completion on 1 of the 8 level 80 characters I have. Gives you something to break up the day when you really just can’t bring yourself to be trounced by a zerg again =)

Of course I soon get bored by the AI and resort back to wvw, but it does break it up a little and make me a few gold.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

There’s usually people in the lower level areas due to dailies and event farmers. The 50-70s areas on my server are a bit more empty. You can always guest over to other servers to find people.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m sorry, but everyone has beaten the Dragons and now no one ever visits the lower leveled areas.

It just seems boring that a top lev—-
Gets new information
oh wait the game artificially scales you down?
There’s lots of folks running around and enjoying the game’s lower levels even if they are higher in the numbers?

He won’t be alone?!
Oh then by all means come aboard!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is no such thing as late-game content! Though if you are on a lower population server, you might not find swarms of people in some starter areas unless they are doing side kicked events for a daily.

There’s a whole world waiting for you and only some of it really -needs- someone around to help you explore it. Go on, take a look. Do tasks for hearts, seek out points of interest, vistas, and waypoints, get the skill points, unlock weapon skills by using the weapons, all that good stuff.

Dungeons first unlock when you are 30 (and open up a new one to you every few levels thereafter) and do need a group.

Worst thing that happens is you don’t like it. There’s certainly plenty to do and you can, in time, “catch up” to the geared 80’s. But you don’t have to, that’s the brilliance of this game, you can do it at your own speed.

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

Levels 1-20 more often than not people are doing events with me. Last few events I did were about 4 other people on average.

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I am all over the map in zones and I almost always have enough show up for the event chains etc. in the lower tiers. it is never too late to PvE in this game. It is completely soloable anyway.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I almost exclusively play my level 80, but not often on level 80 maps. Things to do (such as boss events, jumping puzzles, chests, fun fynamic events etc) are spread out throughout all maps. I seem to hang out in Caledon Forest and Metrica Province a lot, both are starter areas.

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The fact that Orr is swarming with tough Risen and most waypoints are contested make it actually less populated than lower level areas.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The fact that Orr is swarming with tough Risen and most waypoints are contested make it actually less populated than lower level areas.

The few times I’ve been to Orr there were a lot of people around. Although I am on a very active server where I’m usually playing at the servers peak time.

But in answer to the OP’s question there’s not really any separate end-game content in this game, and down-levelling makes all areas viable for max level players, so you’ll see them all over. The first thing I did when I hit level 80 was go to one of the starting zones I hadn’t explored before. Since then I’m all over the map, and from what I’ve seen the starting areas are the busiest.

(Although bear in mind right now a lot of people are doing the new Flame & Frost content, because it’s new, so other areas might not be as busy as normal.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”