Is legendary armor coming out

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Maybe im behind the times or maybe this isnt true at all i was just checking out gw2db and i looked for helm in order to find the zephyrite helm because i forgot what it was called. Anyways long story short i found this which looked like legendary armor. Are they coming out with it? or is this some glitch.

heavy armor looks like heavy plate karma so idk

http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=mist+warrior
http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=mist+walker
http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=mist+weaver

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes they are coming, but i think, not so fast. not yet.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I know what those are! Those are the armors the NPCs in WvW wear. The NPCs are classified as legendary, so they will one shot you, and to top it off, they are lvl 82. Depending on their profession, they have a different suffix to their name. Legendary Defender, Legendary Warrior, etc.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Only legendary armor I will ever buy will be an equivalent of Sunrise, and it has to be in all 3 forms ;light, medium and heavy!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They’ve said creating armors is much more difficult than weapons.
I don’t think we will be seeing legendary armors soon.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Those armors have been in the game since release.

There are more Legendary Items coming, but we don’t know which slot they will take (most likely jewelry, but time will tell)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

these armor are in gamefiles since betas.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i think ascended armor and weapons will come out first, maybe together i have no idea, but surely i know there are plans on a new tier of armor so…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

You won’t see legendary armor any time soon, you will see Ascended Armor in 2013 for sure though, yes.

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

oh god if they make each piece of legendary armor = legenary weapon material requirement……… LOLOLOLOL

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

What about alternative ways to acquire existing ascended equipment?

(Pristine Fractal Relics, Mystic Forge, etc.)

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I hope ascended Gear is the Last Step in terms of Gear Treadmill, please Colin, don’t troll around with this.

Hell Avenger.7021

I hope ascended Gear is the Last Step in terms of Gear Treadmill, please Colin, don’t troll around with this.

If they add anything after ascended, I am done with GW2. I didn’t play GW2 for gear treadmill.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

You won’t see legendary armor any time soon, you will see Ascended Armor in 2013 for sure though, yes.

With new skins? (PLEASE say there are some without dresses or trenchcoats).

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: amax.8034

amax.8034

There was a mention in the blog post which described the future plans for 2013, in which legendary accesories/trinkets will be appearing this year… will they still make the 2013 mark?

Also will ascended armour have particles effects? or cool animations? cause fractal weapons currently have a white trail.

Last thing, when are you planning on releasing more info about legendaries? Since in the blog post you mentioned that you weren’t ready to go into details, so was wondering…. aren’t you ready yet ?

Thanks!

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I just log to say, Thank You. In fact i dont want legendary armor get implemented at all, Ascended armor in other hands seen a lot more interesting. And please dont make then whit the level 80 exotic skin whit just ascended stats. A new whole skin will be nice.

I gonna bleed myself farming ascended for all my alts, AND I DONT CARE

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Zlav.4806

Zlav.4806

Just don’t wanna be obligated to play Fractals to get the better armor sets. The devs must look for the WvW players too, it’s sad how we have to play PvE to get things…

Zlav ~ Sif Lightning ~ Hrist Pentaghast ~ Rick Majin ~ Alicia Thunderstorm
Member of White Raven @Jade Quarry

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey Colin, I have a more important question:
Are legendary FOOD coming out!?

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- Why would you do this? Is ascended going to be the last tier of gear? I hope so!

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Oh. kitten.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Hey Colin, I have a more important question:
Are legendary FOOD coming out!?

I would live to see Legendary food. So when your character farts, rainbows come out… or fire if you used Molted Lodestone in your recipe.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

dude, its not a gear treadmill if the content is still the same. We will just have even better gear to use in that content. Durr. Stick with exotic if your so bumhurt.

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

Posted by: Chak Sabersting.8359

Chak Sabersting.8359

If they add anything after ascended, I am done with GW2. I didn’t play GW2 for gear treadmill.

I would assume that legendary armor would be the same stats as ascended, since that seems to be the route they are taking….no gear treadmill. Either way, I’m super pumped for when it rolls out.

Shorty Norn = As close to Dwarf as possible

— All Is Vain—

bpphantom.8243

120 Laurels, 75 Ectos and a random stack of T6 mats per piece right?

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Reasons legendary FOOD would be so awesome:
- Infinite uses. The convenience of never having to craft more.
- Universal appeal. Like Omnomberry Ghost, you get a cool aura without interrupting your weapon of choice.
- Because Chef is AWESOME!

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

You obviously don’t understand what a gear treadmill is because adding another tier above ascended wouldn’t be a gear treadmill.

A gear treadmill is when content is continuously increased in difficulty and new gear tiers are constantly being required to complete this content. Hence it being called a gear treadmill because it goes on and on.

You don’t even need any ascended gear at all to do FOTM 48.

Posted by: Walrus.6390

Walrus.6390

120 Laurels, 75 Ectos and a random stack of T6 mats per piece right?

Only 75 ectos?

lordkrall.7241

Just don’t wanna be obligated to play Fractals to get the better armor sets. The devs must look for the WvW players too, it’s sad how we have to play PvE to get things…

It is highly likely that the fact that we are getting lvl 500 crafting this year is tied into Ascended Armor and Weapons.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

Then it’s confirmed… legendary back pieces!

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013.” (source)

In all seriousness, if the blog post made less than a month ago was sincere and legendary armor is off the table, then that only leaves back pieces in terms of “new types of legendary gear in 2013”.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I don’t mind the ascended tier of items, it just bothers me that they are so time gated.

I think they did the right thing to roll them out slowly so there isn’t a huge imbalance from people who can afford to get everything immediately but it makes it hard if you want to play multiple classes.

lordkrall.7241

In all seriousness, if the blog post made less than a month ago was sincere and legendary armor is off the table, then that only leaves back pieces in terms of “new types of legendary gear in 2013”.

Hm?
What about jewelry?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Then it’s confirmed… legendary back pieces!

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013.” (source)

I think in a thread made about that post, it was stated to be trinkets.

Trinkets being amulets, rings, earrings/assessories and maybe backpieces (idk if backpieces are considered trinkets but I think so). These will likely exist solely for the legendary stat changing change, but I think – baselessly – that they may give the footstep effects or even something like the Prophecies divine aura.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

Also will ascended armour have particles effects? or cool animations? cause fractal weapons currently have a white trail.

Fractal weapons aren’t ascended weapons though…

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

There was a mention in the blog post which described the future plans for 2013, in which legendary accesories/trinkets will be appearing this year… will they still make the 2013 mark?

I really don’t see the point of legendary trinkets. They don’t have any visible graphics. Plus, legendaries have the same stats as the highest tier, which is ascended and we already have ascended trinkets.

lordkrall.7241

I really don’t see the point of legendary trinkets. They don’t have any visible graphics. Plus, legendaries have the same stats as the highest tier, which is ascended and we already have ascended trinkets.

It is quite likely that it would add effects though.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

bpphantom.8243

Ah, but Legendary will always have the same stats as the highest tier… even when the highest tier is raised.

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

Guys, it’s gonna be the Legendary Mini Me. Or… Legendary Box of Fun! …Legendary Air Guitar? Legendary Quaggan Soup! Legendary Glory Booster! Legendary Rainbow Dye! Legendary Well of Liquid Karma! Legendary Legendary! Yesssssss!

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

Collin I beg you not to make the legendary armor nothing like Aion Miragents

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

hope legenary armor requires every peices with gift of exploration so that players will do explortion again and populate other area of the maps.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

if ascended shards aren’t used to craft ascended weapons/armors i……………………

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

they said, we’ll be able to change the stats on our legendary weapons every time we want in the future. so, when this system will also be implemented on the the legendary armors/trinkets it would be awesome and a really good reason to get them!

Hell Avenger.7021

hope legenary armor requires every peices with gift of exploration so that players will do explortion again and populate other area of the maps.

YOU CRAZY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

We demand holo armor just like the weapons and wings! PLEASE, no dumb spikes or huge shoulder pads /notWoW.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As someone with five “mains” (I don’t do alts), I humbly request that you guys don’t time-gate the kitten out of ascended armor. Thank you.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

And you said this game wouldn’t be a grind fest.

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

Hm?
What about jewelry?

Pointless, since legendary gear isn’t a stat upgrade (it’s the same as exotic – and in the future, ascended) but purely cosmetic, and jewelry is invisible.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Gear grinds are bad! Players ask for better stats, than ask for tougher enemies to kill. This does not improve gameplay. It only makes the game unplayable for many with players with lives.

Gear grinds also promotes false elitism. Elitist players feel as if they have more skill. But the reality is they have become less skilled. Due to not having to fight to their full ability.

lordkrall.7241

Pointless, since legendary gear isn’t a stat upgrade (it’s the same as exotic – and in the future, ascended) but purely cosmetic, and jewelry is invisible.

Why assume it is not possible to add effects to jewelry?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

We all knew it was coming. I just really hope there is no stats increase, just the ability to change stats at will on the armor. I.e no more power, just different looks and flexibility.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Do you feel forced to grind for legendary weapons right now?

No?

Good, the situation would be the same for Legendary armor. At most, it would have the upcoming change that allows you to switch between preset stat combos on Legendary weapons. The amount of stats themselves would be equal.