January 28th Update Anticipation Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Next

Hi folks.

We know everyone is looking forward to the upcoming patch so we’re consolidating all patch anticipation messages here.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

cool but when is the patch? I thought it will be 28th…

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Somewhere within the next 11-12 hours or so.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

o.O here it is almost 1 pm EST and nothing I thought for sure there would be a release sometime this morning.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Theslayernl.5219

Theslayernl.5219

I hope within 2 hours so EU can experience it in this evening as well, hate to wait till tomorrow after work

You Ain’t Much If You Ain’t Dutch!

Posted by: Chrissle.8690

Chrissle.8690

So why exactly isn’t the patch released already. You clearly realized that people are eager to see the update for their upcoming hopes to be CRUSHED into nothing.

DIVA

It´s still morning where ANet is located. Stop thinking that everything centers around you just because you are european. (I´m european too just so you know but I dont see the reason to whine.) =P

Posted by: Striefer.5130

Striefer.5130

All I want are the patch notes!

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I hope it makes me say “I love this patch and want to continue playing!” and not “nerfing is not balancing… same old same old… why oh why anet, why do you hate the poor elementalist… probably shouldn’t have hyped this with a cool website…” which is what I think after most patches (except the cool website one, because lets face it, the F&F website is nice).

Here is to the last thread of optimism I have in these not-so-old old bones.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Oh, cool!

hands around coffee and cookies

So what’s everyone the most excited for? I’m looking forward to the achievement changes as well as whatever’s supposed to transpire in Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

it’s funny that people think the 28th means “by 00:01 midnight the 28th” , or by noon or something. If i remember, all the major updates have come at night, so why expect it early now? it comes when it comes

And it’s gonna be awesome when it comes! can’t wait!

edit: the achievement changes, and the tokens will be awesome! changing up dailies is appreciated, and im sure there will be some nice tweaks in the patch notes. even if they nerf one of my classes i’ve got enough 80’s one of them will be buffed heh

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

there is nothing to discuss about unless at least the release notes are out.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Be patient, anyway, my clock is now 1:55 am, Jan 29, and its my birthday….

Where is my birthday present? Didn’t i supposed to get it on Jan 28?

Got to go to bed, hope i can see it in the morning…

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why are you guys so worked up over the patch time? Jesus christ. It’ll be released when it’s ready.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

All i care about is the WvW culling “fix.”

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

The patch with be released today at 23:59 and 59 seconds no matter what timezone you’re in.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

It is only around 10 am at Anet and a dev posted in another forum, saying it would be sometime before midnight https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Flame-Frost-launch-time/page/5#post1306024

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey everybody, please keep in mind that we are in the Pacific time zone and most of us just got into the office within the last hour or so.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I believe history seems to indicate patches have been released around or after server reset. I wouldn’t expect it until at least then.

Chrissle.8690

Hey everybody, please keep in mind that we are in the Pacific time zone and most of us just got into the office within the last hour or so.

Now if only people would read this part and understand it so we can get this timezone discussion over with. =P

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

People missed the obvious PST part that was tied to the 28th. Which in short means, it will come sometime during the 28th, counting Pacific Standard Time. According to that time its the 28th for 13-14 more hours or so. So they still have more than enough time to deploy it and still hit the mark they set out.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

DaedalusDragon.3754

Lol This thread was probably created just so they could destroy the other threads that were already negative regarding this topic.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

All these threads/posts are to me, essentially “BLAH BLAH BLAH I’m an entitled gamer and I expect the patch release to align with MY timezone and MY schedule.”

My god people, they said the 28th so it will release on the 28th. They can’t give specific times because if they’re off by just one hour people will have a kitten storm.

(edited by BroScientist.9875)

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

Not to mention that historically, it hasn’t been unusual for the patches to be released towards the end of the workday, PST. Don’t know why people are surprised that it wasn’t released as soon as the date switched in their timezone to the 28th.

As long as it’s out by 11:59 PM PST, I won’t be annoyed

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

i love how we gota checkmark unfair policies but Anet cant even provide maintenance times for patching, one day gamers will stop being stupid and start asking for fair treatment from this kind of companies

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

All these threads/posts are to me, essentially “BLAH BLAH BLAH I’m an entitled gamer and I expect the patch release to align with MY timeline and MY schedule.”

My god people, they said the 28th so it will release on the 28th. They can’t give specific times because if they’re off by just one hour people will have a kitten storm.

If they were off by 1 minute people would act like the world was ending,.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

It’s 5am on the 29th here…

IIRC the patches seem to come around in the early evening (of the next day) for me.

It could be worse. I am in Australia and when I registered my Diablo III account with Blizzard they decided that because I chose to use “British English” rather than Yankspeek, Australia must be somewhere in Europe so they made that my default server (rather than US which is meant to be Australian default, or Asia which is far closer and doesn’t suffer from the sometimes horrendous latency). When D3 patches, or even goes down for regular maintenance I not only have to wait until the day after it’s advertised, but I also have to wait until both the US and EU servers are done, so a 3-6 hour downtime always results in 6-12 hours. One of the many reasons I am playing GW2 instead of D3.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

All these threads/posts are to me, essentially “BLAH BLAH BLAH I’m an entitled gamer and I expect the patch release to align with MY timeline and MY schedule.”

They are not off by an hour, but an entire day for me.
Yes that was sarcastic.

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

If they were off by 1 minute people would act like the world was ending,.

I actually appreciate that they don’t give a specific time so that we don’t have to deal with this.

DaedalusDragon.3754

So imagine you are watching your favorite sport and your favorite team is playing. Now imagine something big is about to happen that decides the outcome of the game that others might (depending on how it turns out) be talking about for some time. Now imagine that your cable company shuts down their network to update or some such right then.

Just about the same thing happening here.

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

“I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it”

I love the feeling of hope and optimism that I have before the notes are officially released and I find out all my classes are nerfed but the Porous Bone drop rate has been increased to “compensate”.

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

So imagine you are watching your favorite sport and your favorite team is playing. Now imagine something big is about to happen that decides the outcome of the game that others might (depending on how it turns out) be talking about for some time. Now imagine that your cable company shuts down their network to update or some such right then.

I dont like sports at all, but i like Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Plus they are in Seattle which means they all need coffee before they start to function. Sheesh people, give ’em a break.

Also, people need to temper their expectations as this is the preliminary patch that sets up the bigger things to come in February. I’d like to stay optimistic but I’m sure there will be a flood of “YOU RUINED THE GAME” threads after this patch goes live.

BTW, I’m still having fun, playing the game and looking forward to future content. Great job ANet…even before the patches.

(edited by MokahTGS.7850)

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

i love how we gota checkmark unfair policies but Anet cant even provide maintenance times for patching, one day gamers will stop being stupid and start asking for fair treatment from this kind of companies

Are you serious? The game has almost zero downtime and when the game patches, usually by the time you download the patch, the servers are ready for you to log in.

Maintenance times for games where downtime can be 1-5 hours is important. For a game with almost zero downtime, not so much.

DaedalusDragon.3754

“I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it”

I love the feeling of hope and optimism that I have before the notes are officially released and I find out all my classes are nerfed but the Porous Bone drop rate has been increased to “compensate”.

I find this hilarious… mostly because this is definitely going to happen. “The elementalist had 1 viable build so we nerfed it, but if you raise up a warrior you can find more porous bone more often… that makes you feel better right?”

Chrissle.8690

Sorry but I fail to see your point here. If you were trying to make a comparison with GW2 then you obviously failed big time. =P

Posted by: Xavion.6580

Xavion.6580

Are you serious? The game has almost zero downtime and when the game patches, usually by the time you download the patch, the servers are ready for you to log in.

Maintenance times for games where downtime can be 1-5 hours is important. For a game with almost zero downtime, not so much.

Assume much? Zero downtime eh? What server have YOU been playing on? My server has had plenty of downtime. But I expect that- it’s a new MMO, nature of the beast. =/

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Patch will most likely be in the evening server time…

Xavion.6580

That DID happen, years ago during a prime-time Monday Night Football game, one which I believe had playoff implications if memory serves me correct. The network started playing the movie “Heidi” when the game went into overtime. Doh!

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Time zones: killing video gamer brains one cell at a time.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Assume much? Zero downtime eh? What server have YOU been playing on? My server has had plenty of downtime. But I expect that- it’s a new MMO, nature of the beast. =/

Haven’t seen a server shut down since MAYBE the beginning of October.

You usually just log off and log back on to patch the game. That’s not server downtime.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

I honestly don’t really get it. I mean how many events have we had? Enough for people to start understanding Arena Nets way of doing things? I guess not… They always release it the day they say and they always release it during the nighttime of that day unless they notify us of it being released earlier, yet every time i see someone biching about “Its the 29th over here in Hong Kong, yall didnt keep your promise.” They have repeadetly stated they operate on Pacfic Coast timezone. I don’t see why its so hard for some of you, I guess im sorry that you guys play a game where the company operates out of such an unfamiliar timezone that you couldn’t possibly ever figure it out all by yourself.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

As soon as the new update is live, I’m rolling a Quaggan Elemesmerist and taking a flying pegasus mount to Cantha so I can grind to 90 in the new 15-man raid. (Spoilers: Zhaitan returns as Mecha-Zhaitan)

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Not had any downtime on my server either. Patch and play after the first week or so of release. If anything I wish they had MORE downtime for maintanence since its the only way to fix the broken events that still constantly happen.

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

the only way in which that metaphor would be accurate is if Anet’s servers exploded some time today.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

You usually just log off and log back on to patch the game. That’s not server downtime.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news go there and you will see many downtimes, and some crashes that happened last week to -.- ignorance is a blessing for some

Posted by: Guessman.4172

Guessman.4172

Not at all, the game did not even start yet here. That’s what you don’t understand. They said the patch was on the 28 PST (pacific standard time), that is between 11:59.59s pm PST of the 27 and 12:00 am PST of the 29.

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

They are obviously not going to release patch notes before patching commences, because their could be changes in the notes that people could exploit while the game is still running the old build. For example, if a NPC is getting removed, or the cost of something getting changed, people will stock up on items since they know the impending change is coming in a few hours.

And if you’re crying about the patch not being out yet…seriously? It’s not even midday yet where A-Net’s offices are located. You probably complain the sky isn’t blue enough, and the water isn’t wet enough too…

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

As soon as the new update is live, I’m rolling a Quaggan Elemesmerist and taking a flying pegasus mount to Cantha so I can grind to 90 in the new 15-man raid. (Spoilers: Zhaitan returns as Mecha-Zhaitan)

And you’ll have to find the bat-mobile’s lost wheel because Logan ran away.

Xavion.6580

I was not referring to that. He said “zero” downtime. There has been actual downtime in the first few months, yes. Also there were aspects of the game itself that were down or not available at times early on even though the game was up- like the shutting down of the Auction House to deal with the exploiters, etc. That is still considered downtime to me when a service is not available. Not complaining mind you, it was necessary, just pointing out that yes it did happen.

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

Not rly excited, every time i got excited by false promises about ranger improvements in upcoming patches it was a let down.

This time ill just wait and so what will fail, so i dont get disappointed.