FrizzFreston.5290

casts Threadius Fixus

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Next set of requests to prevent ‘lazy players’ from ‘looking for an ’easy out’ and ‘not making any effort’:

• Prevent use of /say or /map to request invites to home instances. “It trivializes completion of harvesting dailies.”
  • Prevent use of city vistas to complete Daily Vista. Prevent gliding to within 5,000 units of any vista.
  • Daily Mystic Forger: prevent use of any mystic forge node other than the main one in Lion’s Arch. Disable mystic forge conduit on days when this is a daily. “If players can’t be bothered getting to LA, they shouldn’t get credit.”

[/parody]

Oh no, someone is using words that I don’t like. Let’s make a nonsensical parody about it.

It’s pretty much human nature to find the easiest most laziest least amount of effort way to tackle a problem. Our whole civilization is build on it.

Not really. People do take things to extremes. (You ever heard the saying, “give them an inch and they’ll take a mile”)

Just a few weeks ago someone noted that accounts get a level 80 and several waypoints given to that level 80 and made a thread asking for all waypoints to be made account wide, because they are to boring to run to when doing map completion. He still wanted all map completion rewards of course. Then a day or two later someone else wanted all hearts to be account wide because they are boring to do when doing map completion. He wanted all map completion rewards too also.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

I hate jumping puzzles. That is all.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: MrGhosty.4296

MrGhosty.4296

I am suggesting getting a reward without putting any effort is killing the game.

If you only want easy dailies like the gathering ones, ask for that instead of asking people to play the game for you so you don’t have to do it yourself (“any mesmer @ JP?”). I don’t give a kitten about the dailies. But I do mind Anet’s been destroying some content (JPs) while trying to promote it through dailies (cf my post above).

Out of curiousity, how do you justify this? I’m an avid jumping puzzler and just recently completed most of the last few remaining for my chieve (just waiting on a swap in WvW for the last colored puzzle) I feel completely fulfilled and enjoy myself thoroughly (except not so secret, that one is EVIL) but I can’t say, not even once, that people using a port to get the to the end of a JP puzzle has ever robbed me of anything. At all. Not one bit. So I’m curious as to how those wrecked wintersday ornaments and other random tat is going to destroy the game.

I love this game, being a recent convert and one of the things I love most about it is (most of) the community. We’re not arbitrarily forced to communicate, but we have unique opportunities to do so in wild and wonderful ways. Those mesmers that I see parked at a JP make me proud to be a member of the community, aside from the very occasional tip these mesmers gain nothing but I have never seen any of them complain. These same people stay there for hours to help people, how in any shape and form could that hurt this game?

This “debate” is a perfect example of the “you do you, i’ll do me” argument. This isn’t affecting you. Choose to take part or choose to do something else, THAT is play how you want at its finest. To those who take time out of their day to handle mesmer porting duties I salute you all. You mesmers are one of the first things I talk about when telling people how awesome this game is so keep it up. I truly hope Anet never does such a thing to harm the way JPs are handled, they have got many of my guildies who previously refused to do JPs into them, so much to the point some have even made mesmers themselves to do the same thing.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

If you had read my first in this topic, you wouldn’t have had to type all this, you know…

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you had read my first in this topic, you wouldn’t have had to type all this, you know…

1) people aren’t going to scroll to previous posts when they respond to one.
2) a JP puzzle daily that someone gets a port to is hardly something that will kill the game because all rewards have now been easily done. It’s a false equivalence.
3) you do know that the game can add more rewards, and does add more on a regular basis.

ANet may give it to you.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I am suggesting getting a reward without putting any effort is killing the game.

Then I expect you don’t do the daily vista/forager/miner/lumberer? Cause that would be kind of hypocritical, don’t ya think?

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tigh.4216

Tigh.4216

Omg this thread. This is the thread I’ve been wanting to make for quite awhile now, but I always chickened out because I knew there would be a lot of people getting angry over it. So thank you, Wisdom, for making it.

That said, I’ve thought about this topic quite a bit, and decided that removing mesmers’ ability to use portals in JPs isn’t the answer, even if it is just for the daily. The main reason is because I imagine this would take a bit of time to implement. I don’t know enough about programming to say for sure, but I imagine it would take time to make every single JP in the game a portal-free zone. I believe a much better solution would be to just remove JPs from the daily rotation completely.

(edited by Tigh.4216)

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Omg this thread. This is the thread I’ve been wanting to make for quite awhile now, but I always chickened out because I knew there would be a lot of people getting angry over it. So thank you, Wisdom, for having the courage I didn’t.

That said, I’ve thought about this topic quite a bit, and decided that removing mesmers’ ability to use portals in JPs isn’t the answer, even if it is just for the daily. The main reason is because I imagine this would take a bit of time to implement. I don’t know enough about programming to say for sure, but I imagine it would take time to make every single JP in the game a portal-free zone. I believe a much better solution would be to just remove JPs from the daily rotation completely.

So all this time you’ve wanted to control how other people spend their time but you lacked the courage to say so? That’s …both conceited and cowardly in one. Well, whatever floats your boat I guess. Not angry with you – just don’t admire your personal philosophy.

But that’s beside the point. Your ‘much better solution’ is no solution at all for the problem you and Wisdom have with the game. Your problem is that mesmer portals allow jps to be bypassed. Removing jps from the daily rotation won’t change that.

The best solution for your problem is to realise that you don’t have a problem. It doesn’t hurt you in any way if other people port. It doesn’t cheapen your personal experience. Use a port or don’t. It’s your choice. Just as other people have theirs.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve seen (many times) Mesmers advertising they are available to portal at X in map chat. Providing a portal is players helping other players. Such behavior is something ANet seems inclined to promote rather than prohibit.I’m pretty sure that Anet will not bar the use of portals at JP.

I’m also pretty sure that using a portal for the daily JP is not “exploiting” to get the daily reward (cue champagne cork popping sound to celebrate this truly remarkable achievement). If it’s OK to have daily PvP servers with players trading wins, I see no issues with using a portal to get a JP.

If dailies were truly meant to be hard, they’d require something more than the minimal amount of effort they take.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Sanus.3502

Sanus.3502

I have only gotten better at JPs after 2 years of regular play in the game. I LOVE being able to help folks port to the end of a JP – it has made me a better player. I love this game for being helpful and inclusive. JP’s don’t offer some amazing reward… but it encourages being helpful and friendly. What do you care if a den of “care-bears” camp out at a JP = you are welcome to work for it if that’s what you want to do.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Next set of requests to prevent ‘lazy players’ from ‘looking for an ’easy out’ and ‘not making any effort’:

• Prevent use of /say or /map to request invites to home instances. “It trivializes completion of harvesting dailies.”
  • Prevent use of city vistas to complete Daily Vista. Prevent gliding to within 5,000 units of any vista.
  • Daily Mystic Forger: prevent use of any mystic forge node other than the main one in Lion’s Arch. Disable mystic forge conduit on days when this is a daily. “If players can’t be bothered getting to LA, they shouldn’t get credit.”

[/parody]

Oh no, someone is using words that I don’t like. Let’s make a nonsensical parody about it.

The words in the OP are fine; what’s nonsensical is asking ANet to devote resources to accommodate someone’s pet peeve.

The OP dislikes people being lazy and proposes that ANet spend considerable time & effort to prevent them from getting ports. I took that to its Swiftian extreme: let’s prevent people from being lazy on all the other dailies that can be sped up with someone else’s help.

Sorry you didn’t find the situation as funny as I did.

the point is: there’s nothing new about cheesing dailies and nothing new about using mesmer portals to complete JPs.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tigh.4216

Tigh.4216

Okay, I did a poor job of explaining my reasoning in my original post, and I apologize for that.

I actually have no problem with mesmers using portals in JPs normally, only with a JP that is a daily. This is for two reasons. When you do a JP normally (when it’s not a daily), you get a chest at the end, and an achievement if you haven’t done it yet. When you do a JP for a daily, you get the chest at the end, the achievement if you haven’t done it yet, progress towards Daily Completion, and a Chest of the Athlete. The rewards are greater when a JP is a daily.

Even more importantly though, when you do a JP that is not a daily, you won’t find many others doing it with you, if there is anyone else at all. So unless you get lucky and a friendly mesmer happens to be doing it at the same time, you’ll probably have to do the puzzle yourself, or find someone willing to help you (guildie, friend, someone in map chat, etc.) When a JP is a daily, your chances of finding a mesmer already there to port you are far, far higher.

I don’t care if mesmers port people in a JP that is not a daily. If you’re able to find one to help you out, go for it. But there’s a difference between one person struggling to find a mesmer to help them and receiving 1-2 rewards for it, and groups of people getting ported for 3-4 rewards.

But as I said in my original post, I don’t believe removing mesmers’ ability to use portals in JPs is the answer. If the devs did this for all JPs, even if they’re not the daily, this would punish innocent players who may not like them, or have trouble doing them (I thought about mentioning this in my original post, but felt it had been covered by enough people in the thread already). But even if the devs were to implement a way to disable portals in a JP only if it is the daily, this is the wrong way to go about it. It punishes innocent players as well as the lazy ones. And yes, in addition, this kind of solution would require quite a bit of work for the devs. The best solution is to simply remove JPs from the daily rotation. That way, people such as myself and Wisdom don’t have to worry about lazy players being rewarded, people who dislike JPs or have trouble with them no longer have to worry about seeing them pop up in their daily lists, people who enjoy JPs don’t have to worry about doing one for a daily and finding it much harder to complete because of the multitude of people making it harder to see things or creating lag, and it’s less work for Anet. This feels like a win-win-win-win to me.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Okay, I did a poor job of explaining my reasoning in my original post, and I apologize for that.

Thanks for trying to rephrase your idea. Unfortunately (see below), I think a lot of us did understand the reasoning and still disagree with the presumption that there’s anything wrong with being lazy, having easy fractals, or getting help.

But even if the devs were to implement a way to disable portals in a JP only if it is the daily, this is the wrong way to go about it. It punishes innocent players as well as the lazy ones. And yes, in addition, this kind of solution would require quite a bit of work for the devs.

Yes, I’m glad you can see that, whether we agree or not about the issue, that this ‘solution’ would be the least useful to the community. As you say: it punishes everyone and requires a lot of dev effort (that could better go to something else).

The best solution is to simply remove JPs from the daily rotation. That way, people such as myself and Wisdom don’t have to worry about lazy players being rewarded, …

See, here’s where we diverge. I don’t think anyone gets to decide for the community whether to be worried about how other people play the game, unless/until it interferes with someone else’s ability to do the same.

There’s no harm in dailies being ‘easy’. In the absolutely worst case scenario, ANet could just give everyone 2g/day for logging in and that would cause some inflation, but largely benefit the poorest players (2g to a new account is a lot; 2g to a 1% is daily waypoint costs).

Furthermore, there’s nothing special about JPs + ports. There are already ways to trivialize just about every other daily so that it’s little more than ‘waypoint, do a small thing, leave’.

I’m not against ANet increasing the number of choices and adding to the variety, including offering some that challenge us in some way. However, in the meantime, I can’t see that there’s any issue with the current dailies except that some people have a personal peeve against how some people choose to complete them.

tl;dr I’m still not comfortable with the presumption that anyone gets to tell anyone else how to enjoy or otherwise get the most from the game.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Wisdom.6028

Wisdom.6028

wow this discussion got a lot more attention than I thought xD. After reading it all I can admit that saying ‘lazy players’ was a bit over sensationalized. I know not everyone can do JPs, and god knows it took me several runs at each one before I can confidently do them. It wasn’t my intention to step on players toes.

So how about this then….Instead of essentially punishing the masses by removing port abilities, the incentive for reward for completing without portals is increased? Some cheap thing like bag of masterwork gear or something, nothing major.

That being said, I don’t really expect anything to happen, I mean its a lot of stuffing around for something tedious. But I’ve had my say, and really that’s all I wanted.

Cheers

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

tl;dr I’m still not comfortable with the presumption that anyone gets to tell anyone else how to enjoy or otherwise get the most from the game.

This^ 100% agree.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Good grief OP. You get what from a Jumping Puzzle. A blue and a green plus some empyreal fragments usually? And you’re throwing a fit over that? Are you *that bad at the game that you have to complain about someone else getting more garbage loot than you do because another player was kind enough to offer a port?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I think from a game design perspective that’s exactly what game designers do though. =P They design a way for players to design a way to enjoy the game. Whether this is through social interaction of portal or through doing a jumping puzzle is a design choice. Which is probably why gliding isn’t allowed (it’s only self-serving) and portal is allowed (because it’s from someone who made the JP and is helping other people).

But yeah, I wouldn’t go that far that I would say how people should play the game from a player perspective.. I think it’s fine if someone wants the easy lazy way if it’s there . What I usually think when content get skipped is that it’s sad that someone designs the place and then gets entirely trivialized by something like portal and that people feel the need to skip the content to begin with (In a “You can be better than that!”- kind of way). Which is pretty much the only reasons why I would prefer JPs with certain limitations. Which is not to say that the game needs to change, or that people don’t deserve easy rewards, just what I prefer to see.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You know, I actually ENJOY taking my mesmer to the end of a puzzle and helping people get through it. Daily JPs just give me more chances to do that.

Don’t take my ability to help people away, it’s the best part of playing a mesmer for me.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

You know, I actually ENJOY taking my mesmer to the end of a puzzle and helping people get through it. Daily JPs just give me more chances to do that.

Don’t take my ability to help people away, it’s the best part of playing a mesmer for me.

It is the very reason I created a Mesmer in the first place. To help people with difficult jumps (puzzles or not). Given, the character has grown into a lot more than that now, and is my primary WvW character, but the primary purpose hasn’t changed. OP and many others want this to be removed from the game.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Look out game play police.

What happened to play your way?

Sorry someone had to say it.

It was willfully misinterpreted and kittenized by a few hundred different players to mean any variation of, “You don’t get to dictate to me what I can and can’t do!” Welcome to the fold.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

One thing is I don’t like however is lazy players looking for an easy out by only asking for ports and not making any effort at all.

Please don’t assume that because someone needs help with something in the game it makes them lazy. When I first started, it would take me hours to get through a JP even with a friend there helping me find the way. Demongrub pits was awful for me jumping from a lower pillar to a higher pillar. The Weydant’s Revenge dark part of the puzzle literally took me almost two hours. I was so bad at them, I had friends that would watch me fall over and over and laugh about it, which was very unfriendly. Now, I can do almost any JP in under 10 minutes, which for me is a huge deal and something I feel very proud about, but I’ve also been playing for almost 4 years now. I’m happy to be able to go to those JPs that I literally cried over and finding that my fingers work better and I know how to make those jumps.

So yes, if a Mesmer drops a portal to a JP, I will probably take it. Does it mean I’m lazy? That I can’t do the puzzle? That I’ve never done the puzzle? That tomorrow I won’t go back and do it without a Mesmer portal?

This is a lovely game and helping someone in a positive way shouldn’t be disallowed, even if someone thinks that it is just about being lazy.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

That’s so true. When I first started the game even the easiest JP was too hard for me. There was a vista that took me over 30 minutes to do. Something like Weydant’s revenge was literally impossible. Now I breeze through that one in a few minutes.

I’m happy to give people a port. I remember how I struggled to do them and how long it took me to get to be at even my mediocre level of jumping. Just because I help someone do a daily doesn’t mean they won’t slowly improve over time till they don’t need help anymore.

ANet may give it to you.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Today while doing Under New Management I overheard an argument in chat. Someone was saying “not everyone is good at jumping” to respond to why he’s not doing it on his own and instead waits around for portal. Seriously I couldn’t believe was I saw. That jumping puzzle takes 15 seconds and there’s barely any jumping involved.
Now if someone comes to the JP ready to do it but he sees a portal, I think it’s completely fine to use it. But if someone is physically unable (or doesn’t even try) to finish it, they don’t deserve the reward.

At the very least I think Anet should differentiate between people who actually do the JP vs those who just get ported and do nothing. Maybe make a new achievement cathegory, give a special title or give better reward for doing it legit. I don’t think it’s okay that someone gets equally rewarded for pressing “F” as I do for several minutes of very precise jumps and movement.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Just a flesh wound.3589

Today while doing Under New Management I overheard an argument in chat. Someone was saying “not everyone is good at jumping” to respond to why he’s not doing it on his own and instead waits around for portal. Seriously I couldn’t believe was I saw. That jumping puzzle takes 15 seconds and there’s barely any jumping involved.
Now if someone comes to the JP ready to do it but he sees a portal, I think it’s completely fine to use it. But if someone is physically unable (or doesn’t even try) to finish it, they don’t deserve the reward.

At the very least I think Anet should differentiate between people who actually do the JP vs those who just get ported and do nothing. Maybe make a new achievement cathegory, give a special title or give better reward for doing it legit. I don’t think it’s okay that someone gets equally rewarded for pressing “F” as I do for several minutes of very precise jumps and movement.

I can breeze through Under New Management now but I remember that one as being hard to do when I first started back then. It would take me multiple tries to get it. Waaaay longer than 15 seconds.

ANet may give it to you.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I don’t do jumping puzzles. I just don’t like them and I don’t like the clunky controls and bad camera views.

However, I am completely happy to hop into a conveniently placed portal for a quick daily. And that’s my choice, is it not?

I’m also completely happy for the OP to do the puzzle “properly” or any other way for that matter. That’s their choice.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

That way, people such as myself and Wisdom don’t have to worry about lazy players being rewarded

You don’t have to worry about that now. Nobody is forcing you to worry about it. You’re doing it to yourself.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

It is possible that players are looking for ports because they hate jumping puzzles. With that being said, I would urge Anet to drop jps from the daily rotation. Please go back to the at launch policy on jps where they are there for those who like to do them but aren’t required gameplay.

What? No! If you don’t want to do the JP daily then don’t do it. There are enough options to skip it.

You only get a main reward once just like most stuff in GW2.

(edited by GreyWolf.8670)

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’m a horrible jumping puzzle players. While I have completed this jumping puzzle without the usage of a mesmer portal, it took me way longer than 15 seconds to do it the first time and I still can’t do it that long.

Because a few of the jumps are difficult ones for those of us who are jumping impaired.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

As much as I dislike them, these dailies are at least letting me know of ones I never knew existed or long since forgot. I now at least try more of them and if I get frustrated, someone will likely toss a portal down, but I try for at least 15 minutes first on the tougher ones that I think are within my ability to do. Impossible ones I don’t even bother, portal or no.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Its probably been stated before but there are some people who have disabilities and cannot complete the Jumping Puzzles. Maybe they don’t have disabilities but still have trouble.

With World Boss Dailies and Gathering its very easy. Bosses only require usually a certain amount of people to show up.

Whats great about the JPs is that it evens itself out: Harder content, but an option to take the easy way. Dailies were never hard content. Though they can be a bit tedious. JPs are harder than the usual dailies, but having a mesmer port allows players another option.

What really solidifies the argument is that the other dailies were never really hard either.

One thing that kinda irks me is that some people are bypassing some of the best content in the game by using the mesmer portals. But that’s THEIR decision.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But JPs are generally in the last two daily slots which are suppose to be harder. And yes, JPs are terrible for me due to my current disability but I am willing to try them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: recklessjive.7940

recklessjive.7940

Some people take joy in helping other players. I think it makes for a positive community.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Have jumping puzzles been in the game since launch?
Yes.
Have Mesmers and portals been in the game since launch?
Yes.
Did there used to be jumping puzzle dailies or monthlies?
Yes.
Did Mesmers port for them?
Yes.
Were there threads back then complaining about Mesmers porting for JPs?
Yes.
Has ANet known about Mesmers porting for JPs for dailies/monthlies for years now?
Yes.
Have they done anything to stop it or ever said anything against it?
No.
Are they going to change the rules about daily JPs?
No. PvE is supposed to be cooperative.

Did Zet hate the first JP he ever did?
Yes
Did Zet finish World Completion getting as many ports as he could?
Yes
Has Zet done another JP since he finished World Completion 3 years ago?
No

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’m a horrible jumping puzzle players. While I have completed this jumping puzzle without the usage of a mesmer portal, it took me way longer than 15 seconds to do it the first time and I still can’t do it that long.

Because a few of the jumps are difficult ones for those of us who are jumping impaired.

Yeah, it probably took me longer too when I did it for the first time. Once you get to know where to go, it becomes much quicker. Also, some of the jumps might feel hard to you because you don’t have swiftness. Some classes have easier access to it than others, but generally you will have much easier time doing JPs with some kind of movement speed boost. Make sure to try it out and I think you’ll do just fine.
Also, +1 to everyone who at least tries to complete the JP and only uses portal as last resort. I’m sure after a bit of trying you’ll master it and make yourself feel proud.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m just waiting until Troll’s Revenge is the daily and you need the actual key to complete it.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m just waiting until Troll’s Revenge is the daily and you need the actual key to complete it.

And I will delight when a guild or group of coordinated mesmers chain-run everyone to the waypoints. Because GW2’s community is still the nicest I’ve encountered in an MMO.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I never could even do Troll’s End. Haven’t even attempted Troll’s Revenge. Lol.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Seera.5916

Yeah, it probably took me longer too when I did it for the first time. Once you get to know where to go, it becomes much quicker. Also, some of the jumps might feel hard to you because you don’t have swiftness. Some classes have easier access to it than others, but generally you will have much easier time doing JPs with some kind of movement speed boost. Make sure to try it out and I think you’ll do just fine.
Also, +1 to everyone who at least tries to complete the JP and only uses portal as last resort. I’m sure after a bit of trying you’ll master it and make yourself feel proud.

I can’t use swiftness on jumping puzzles. I will over jump if it is at all possible or run off the platform.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

They have taken up one of the possible pve dailies with this jp trash. They are a requirement for a daily. If they were not in the rotation for dailies then I could agree with you the they are not required gamelplay.

There are 4 PvE dailies in rotation. Only 1 PvE daily can be a JP. You only need to complete 3 dailies to earn your 10 AP/2 gold.

Not. Required. Gameplay.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think portals are good fun. I also think people who don’t use portals to get to the end of a JP should receive better rewards.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

I think portal use is fine in JPs. It allows for more player interaction and cooperation than the “1111” easy world bosses, gathering, and vista dailies ever did. It helps showcase players willingness to help one another as well. I think it’s healthy.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

There are like 4 of these Daily JP threads now and I suspect they will likely be merged.
While the easiest adjustment may not be the best, it’s the most likely.
Simply rewarding only the JP chest for actually doing the JP, and rewarding the daily rewards only for completing the JP when it’s a Daily (regardless of whether the player was ported) is likely the easiest solution. Just sayin…

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Seera.5916

There are like 4 of these Daily JP threads now and I suspect they will likely be merged.
Simply rewarding only the JP chest for actually doing the JP, and rewarding the daily rewards only for completing the JP when it’s a Daily (regardless of whether the player was ported) is likely the easiest solution. Just sayin…

Easiest solution is for ANet to come out and say that this is perfectly fine and no changes need to be made.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Easiest solution is for ANet to come out and say that this is perfectly fine and no changes need to be made.

Easiest solution is for them to have added JPs as dailies, without suppressing portals — actions speak loudly enough and they say: it’s perfectly fine.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Yes, was referring to an action actually taken.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I do need to complain about today’s JP though.

It’s bad enough that I actually have to travel to these things rather than just do them from LA but today I actually had to do a small amount of jumping just to get to the the lazy-kitten portal. Can you believe that????

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I do need to complain about today’s JP though.

It’s bad enough that I actually have to travel to these things rather than just do them from LA but today I actually had to do a small amount of jumping just to get to the the lazy-kitten portal. Can you believe that????

The Daily Mystic Forger is the worst one. Forcing you to go to either LA or use the Royal Terrace Pass and double click a few times. I’m getting carpel tunnel syndrome here, time to use an Auto-Clicker I think.°

(°Obviously sarcasm – don’t use Auto-Clickers, kids)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

No Secret, Skipping Stones….. With out help I would never have completed them.
Don’t disable ports, just ignore them and have fun with 80% of the other people the normal way.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Jumping Puzzle Dailies

Posted by: springelf.9236

springelf.9236

I am not fan of JPs. I do it when I can…but if I can’t there is no way I will ever get it done. Fall enough times and I just give up. Only enough hours I am willing to spend to get one thing done. If someone opens a portal you better believe I am going to use it. My husband made a mesmer to help me do some of them, thats how terrible I am at them.