Jumping Puzzle Realization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

I just realized while trying to finish a JP that the puzzle itself isn’t that difficult. The camera angles are reallllly poor. There is no first person view? If you continue to put these things out ANET, get your stuff together and fix the camera angles.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

If someone could back me up with a source link that’d be great.

ANet has already said that they’ve got a new camera system in testing but are taking their time to perfect it since it will affect EVERYONE.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Oh Karka! You mean the new camera system will be obligatory?? Scary.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

oh god no.. why would you even want first person for jumping puzzles. The camera is fine and when you do the jp a few times you know where to jump anyways.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

oh god no.. why would you even want first person for jumping puzzles. The camera is fine and when you do the jp a few times you know where to jump anyways.

Max sized norns and charr would like to think otherwise.

Posted by: nyxkora.8356

nyxkora.8356

Max sized norns and charr would like to think otherwise.

I have finished 90% of all the JP on my female norn which is almost at max size. While the JP where difficult at first and caused me to rage quit a couple times I will say that they are completely do-able. It’s a skill u get better at.

Nyxkora ? Ele – Necro – Guard – Thief ?
[Ohai] – NSP
(Wants Howler fixes)

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

While I agree it’s perfectly possible to do the JPs as max sized Norn/Charr I have to say it’s way easier as a small Asura.

Better camera collision handling should fix most of that, but it still doesn’t fix the fact it’s easier to land that tiny asura on small floating islands / pillars.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The camera is a problem, not only on large characters.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Some have this problem, sure. Depends on a lot of things but on average, I’m not really bothered. There’s few places where it really bothered me, although vista’s are usually more of a problem than JPs.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I think another one of the reasons why they want to implement something like this is Elixir S’s effect on Asura causing a wonky camera.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

First person would screw me over big time. I cannot jump like that.