Just bought GW2.

Just bought GW2.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: balrog.1307

balrog.1307

So i have been rather skeptical about GW2 at first, mainly because i’m not so much into mmo’s i guess. I tried WoW and it didn’t get to me, i tried SWTOR – and apart from the story missions it was boring as hell, i tried Tera and apart from being pretty it looked like a manequin – fancy clothes on the outside, stale plastic on the inside.

Some time ago, a couple of my friends started playing GW2 and their impressions were something like “omfg this is the best mmo ever made, you have to try it pronto!”. As i said, i was skeptical at first, but as time passed i became more and more interested until finally yesterday i purchased it.

First of all i would like to say that the download speed for the client is just ridiculously low(my ips provides a connection of average 100 – 200 mbit/s), but as i was at work while it downloaded, i guess it’s not a big problem anyway.

And then there was the moment of character creation..and then there were the first quests in the Norn homeland, and then my friends joined and their high levels downscaled so we could play together…public events, inventory & craft system, story, jumping sections, vistas, questing, leveling..sorry, i’m just so overwhelmed by all of this that my overexcited emotions can’t be put on a hold.

The base line – At this moment this game is the best massive multiplayer experience i have ever been part of, and the fact that i’ve just scratched the surface, in my opinion, makes it one of the best gaming experiences i have had this year(which has been rather dissapointing in the case of PC gaming, at least for me).

Thank you Arena.net!Keep up the good work!

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

The honeymoon is always good.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Why delay the honeymoon.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

You’re under the same category as most of us here were when we first played GW2. I won’t fill your head with things, but, just remember that what you think is a gold pence might turn out to be something very different once you finish removing the surface.

That being said, hope you enjoy your time on the game. However short or however long that may be.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I remember have that feeling during beta, have fun.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

So i have been rather skeptical about GW2 at first, mainly because i’m not so much into mmo’s i guess. I tried WoW and it didn’t get to me, i tried SWTOR – and apart from the story missions it was boring as hell, i tried Tera and apart from being pretty it looked like a manequin – fancy clothes on the outside, stale plastic on the inside.

Some time ago, a couple of my friends started playing GW2 and their impressions were something like “omfg this is the best mmo ever made, you have to try it pronto!”. As i said, i was skeptical at first, but as time passed i became more and more interested until finally yesterday i purchased it.

First of all i would like to say that the download speed for the client is just ridiculously low(my ips provides a connection of average 100 – 200 mbit/s), but as i was at work while it downloaded, i guess it’s not a big problem anyway.

And then there was the moment of character creation..and then there were the first quests in the Norn homeland, and then my friends joined and their high levels downscaled so we could play together…public events, inventory & craft system, story, jumping sections, vistas, questing, leveling..sorry, i’m just so overwhelmed by all of this that my overexcited emotions can’t be put on a hold.

The base line – At this moment this game is the best massive multiplayer experience i have ever been part of, and the fact that i’ve just scratched the surface, in my opinion, makes it one of the best gaming experiences i have had this year(which has been rather dissapointing in the case of PC gaming, at least for me).

Thank you Arena.net!Keep up the good work!

I take a loaf of bread and spread jam on it.
I take a log of wood and spread jam on it.
I then start licking the jam off both.
The jam tastes the same.

Let me tell you that:
“Scratching the surface of GW2” is the same as “licking the jam off the log of wood”. The jam/surface is good. You can guess what happens after you bite in.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

lol, so funny that everyone here has the same perception of the game. I too thought this was the best game ever…..but after you reach lvl 80, it becomes extremely shallow due to lack of content and challenging content.

The game does have tremendous potential though….im still waiting for the devs to one day wake up and deliver on that potential…which is why im still playing. Plus I love the art style.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

i tried Tera and apart from being pretty it looked like a manequin – fancy clothes on the outside, stale plastic on the inside.

This has to be the best description of a typical MMO these days.

Just bought GW2.

balrog.1307

@Turtle Dragon – well, as these are my initial impressions, i guess i will make a more stable opinion later through the game.Thanks for the warning, though

@Caramel Ham – The same issue was with SWTOR, but with one main difference as i see it – Apart from SWTOR story it’s gameplay was terribly boring and uninventive, which really made leveling more like a chore between the cutscenes. In GW2 case i see the leveling is really fluid and rewarding, and quests maybe don’t have pretty detailed movie like cutscenes, but their design(even for the secondary types) is really addictivly great. As to endgame..which mmo has enough of it apart from WoW nowdays?Considering GW2 is just 1 year old, i say it must be given time to improve on those problem topics.

P.S. Sorry if my english is rusty

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

lol, so funny that everyone here has the same perception of the game. I too thought this was the best game ever…..but after you reach lvl 80, it becomes extremely shallow due to lack of content and challenging content.

The game does have tremendous potential though….im still waiting for the devs to one day wake up and deliver on that potential…which is why im still playing. Plus I love the art style.

haha you couldnt be more wrong. to be fair, this was my thought when I first hit 80 (like a few months ago). I was like “YES!! Finally hit 80, SUCK IT!! Clearly I’ve beat this game, theres nothing else for me to do or learn or achieve.” Of course, I was still a total noob and had barely even scratched the surface of what the game had to offer. There are dungeons and fractals, ascended/legendaries if you want to strive towards them, WvW, jumping puzzles, map completion, world bosses and events, and STUFF..theres always awsome stuff to has, to waste your hard-earned gold on. useless stuff in the end really. but still pretty neat. And lack of challenging content? you cant be serious. Why not run an Arah path, fight Lupicus? Or try soloing dungeons, or doing fractals lvl38 or something. that should be challenging enough..

But honestly.. dungeons and living stories are mainly where its at for me. Pick one or two dungeons that you really like, out of those run the paths you want to daily, and you will never get tired of it. trust me. the gold I get doing them is just an accidental by-product nowadays, I mainly run them just for fun.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The honeymoon is always good.

My sentiments exactly

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Now that the negative faction has had their say, let me give you the other side of the story OP.

Particularly for a person who doesn’t like traditional MMOs (like me), this game is a godsend.

Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. There are plenty of flaws in the game. And with all those flaws, even after a year, it’s still more fun for me than any other MMO I’ve played.

Don’t let the naysayers get you down.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Now that the negative faction has had their say, let me give you the other side of the story OP.

Particularly for a person who doesn’t like traditional MMOs (like me), this game is a godsend.

Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. There are plenty of flaws in the game. And with all those flaws, even after a year, it’s still more fun for me than any other MMO I’ve played.

Don’t let the naysayers get you down.

you beat me to it

yeah, I’m pretty much in the same boat as Vayne here, same thoughts and all.
don’t listen to naysayers, most of them just want gw2 turned into woW 2.0 come to think of it why are they still here if they don’t like the game right ?

they are still here because no matter what negative kitten comes out of their mouths the truth is they love the game just as much as we positive sayers do.

for example, I hate WoW with a passion like you wouldn’t believe
but I don’t lie to myself saying it’s a dead game or that it is not successful or that it is not fun at all (well it’s not fun for me of course but it is clearly a lot of fun for others)

is gw2 perfect no, but than again nothing man made is perfect is it ?

it has it’s flaws, the point is that even with it’s flaws ( which can and will be fixed hopefully) it is by far and wide the best mmorpg in the market PERIOD

Trinity lovers have tried for a year on many different sites and many different avenues to hamper gw2’s progress and growth, trying to make it look bad and trying to make it look as if it’s a dead game.

Nothing could be farther from the truth

Gw2 is a very successful game, the fact other upcoming games are copying many of it’s core systems (once thought of as ridiculous systems that no developer would ever try) is a testament to arenanet’s success.

in the end the only opinion about the game that really matters to you is your own opinion, so play it and make up your own mind, I’m pretty sure you will come to the conclusion that it is a pretty great game with it’s faults and all

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Geesss I seriously would love what the agenda of some people is. They claim to want the game to improve which is why they’re so negative to point out whats wrong so anet fixes it. I would seriously love how trying to brind down a new player who’s having fun fits into that really.

Even if what you say is true for everyone (which it isnt 1100+ hours and I am still having fun) why would you want to kill the fun for a new player earlier then it needs to be (if it happens at all which hopefully will not be the case for OP)

what you guys are doing is just evil now.

Just bought GW2.

balrog.1307

@Vayne & Latinkuro – thank you for your positive feedback It’s nice to see positive attitude(which is rather rare nowdays as it seems), especially on a MMORPG forum(SWTOR forums being as a prime example of bad community in my case).

And yes – the blurry borders between the roles of characters in party is definitely one of the best things.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I have my issues with GW2 (especially the ascended gear tier) but all in all GW2 continues to deliver fun and challenge to me. I am not more than an average player, so that may be the reason I still discover new aspects to the game, though I have played more than 2000 hours already. For me at least GW2 is still a great MMO which I will continue to play. There is one red line, though. When they introduce an even higher tier than ascended, I will quit.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

haha you couldnt be more wrong. to be fair, this was my thought when I first hit 80 (like a few months ago). I was like “YES!! Finally hit 80, SUCK IT!! Clearly I’ve beat this game, theres nothing else for me to do or learn or achieve.” Of course, I was still a total noob and had barely even scratched the surface of what the game had to offer. There are dungeons and fractals, ascended/legendaries if you want to strive towards them, WvW, jumping puzzles, map completion, world bosses and events, and STUFF..theres always awsome stuff to has, to waste your hard-earned gold on. useless stuff in the end really. but still pretty neat. And lack of challenging content? you cant be serious. Why not run an Arah path, fight Lupicus? Or try soloing dungeons, or doing fractals lvl38 or something. that should be challenging enough..

But honestly.. dungeons and living stories are mainly where its at for me. Pick one or two dungeons that you really like, out of those run the paths you want to daily, and you will never get tired of it. trust me. the gold I get doing them is just an accidental by-product nowadays, I mainly run them just for fun.

I already do dungeons and fractals. In fact, that’s all I do since my previous mmo was WoW and through that, “dungeoneering” was ingrained into me. When players mention pve, dungeons is what first pops into my head. In fact, I don’t know what other activity in GW2 would be considered “challenging” pve.

Open world in GW2 is a mess. All world bosses are boring. Even the new Teq is boring because your small “contribution” to the fight means crap if the other 80+ players cant do anything but press 1. That fight should have been a 10-20 man instance to begin with…..and made it harder.

I admit I have not finished all the jumping puzzles in the game (its on my to do list). I find them pretty fun. BUT only to do once or twice. To keep repeating those, gets boring and stale fast. Even the mad king tower, which I had considered the greatest jumping puzzle Anet had created, has just become so boring now.

As for PvP, many players enjoy it. I hate it. I find spvp boring. Its more about capping zones than it is about pvp. WvW even more so. Its all about a big zerg and player vs gates. This game will never satisfy me in pvp, I get that and im fine with it.

I have not tried to solo any of the dungeons yet….and I don’t know if I ever will. I enjoy playing as a team. I might not even be good at soloing them, but it doesn’t matter. Some players like you enjoy that kind of thing (not saying its a bad thing). But I cant be bothered to do it if there is no reward for me for having done so…like a title or something.

Also, fyi, when I say theres a lack of content. I mainly mean dungeons. What other pve content is designed to be “challenging” and “repeatable”. The last real update we got was fractals. I hardly count the new TA path as a real dungeon. That one is a mess….or more like a mini game.

To summarize, its been a bit over a year since we have had access to our current line up of dungeons….a bit less than that for fractals. Just how many times do you expect me to do those and not get bored with them? Specially when 90% (made up figure to mean majority) of the player base still thinks that there are healers and tanks in this game….

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I’ve played since BWE1, have 7 level 80 characters, 100% world completion 1900 hours played and I still manage to be surprised from time to time by stuff I’ve never seen before, no precursor yet though !

This game has just to much content, and because of the way dynamic events work
you cannot really ever say you’ve seen it all, because it is not a linear path.

and the fact we have new content every 2 weeks is just wow, many argue oh but it’s not permanent well, here’s the kicker !

the fact that the content is not permanent is what compels people to play it and try and get it done, if it was permanent people would be like nah I’ll do it next month or next year.
the content would be just sitting there and never gets used.

the only thing though is it would be nice of them to add the Gw1 scrying pool to gw2 so that new players can go back in time and play the earlier living world releases the way they were released originally minus the unique rewards of course for doing the content when it actually came out.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Here’s the best advice for a new player, especially when you feel a bit overwhelmed: look up!

It’s really easy to get bogged down into what’s happening right at your feet, but every once in a while, pull your camera down to a shallower angle so you can look at the horizon all around you: you’ll rarely be disappointed by the view, and it makes exploration a lot more intuitive and fun than just chasing icons on your minimap =)

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Just bought GW2.

balrog.1307

@GrandmaFunk – Thanks for the advice, i’m sure i will be doing a lot of looking up

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

Its a great game for you OP, we old school MMO players have a lot of different opinions’ but we can all agree; it’s good for new players of this genre.

We need your opinions eventually and while you are new, just enjoy it. Just remember, it’s a hobby, don’t let it consume your important time.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

just enjoy it. Just remember, it’s a hobby, don’t let it consume your important time.

I think this is something a lot of people need to keep in mind. A lot of people start treating this game like it’s a job, or a chore (, or their spouse), when that isn’t it’s design or intention.

The game is designed to be casual and enjoyable. A fun time waster if you have it, but won’t “leave you behind” if you need to take some time off. I know, someone is going to raise a kitten-fit about ascended because of that statement, but you know what, get over it. Ascended is not necessary to play and enjoy the game, even in WvW. It’s a nice tidbit to strive for, but exotics work perfectly fine for 99.9999% of the game. That other .0001% of the game that you need agony for… yeah those people wouldn’t take a break if the world was ending.

Anyway, I digress. Play the game for what it is, not like you’re getting paid for it. Use it to relax, to have some time just enjoying yourself. If you’re competitive, try some pvp, but don’t let it consume you, like so many do. Stop and smell the roses, savor the world as you traverse it. The game doesn’t “begin after you hit 80” for GW2, like it does for so many other games. The journey is just as important as the destination. All hitting level 80 truly does is open up the entire world to you, rather than limiting you to only a few zones.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

GW2 is an overall good game, welcome

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Do. Not. Let. That. Feeling. Go.

Expect the worst from everything in the game. It’s too easy to get yourself hyped up.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

i tried Tera and apart from being pretty it looked like a manequin – fancy clothes on the outside, stale plastic on the inside.

This has to be the best description of a typical MMO these days.

Lipstick on a pig, another fitting analogy.

The problem is those who do not remember the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat it. Unfortunately after watching some dev videos I can see why the issues continue in this genre. While these companies hire YOUNG devs cause they want the same like minds that would play the game to develop it, they also throw out the experience of the older devs that have been there and done that and learned.

There is another MMO I have hopes for, it retains some of the original people from it’s original team…from 1999 launch. While it’s good to have young blood, it’s also good to temper it with experience.

Sadly I don’t think many of the original team from GW1 were on hand as the launch for GW2 came around. Thus we ended up getting a gear tread mill added, along with other sellouts on “the vision” that was sold.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Welcome to the party, balrog!

I’ve been playing since the 2nd beta weekend and with over 2000 hours clocked since launch, this is hands down the best MMO I’ve ever played. Just give a shout if you have any questions, the community is very friendly and helpful

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Keep that “play style” up and you will have a blast as long as you stay away from the game’s meta. It is not until things get a little bit hard core that you start seeing some of the design flaws. Until then, the game is pure genuisess! (?)

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

I feel bad that you have unfortunately posted on quite a volatile section of the internet, you will hear a lot of bad mouthing gw2, while some things are relevant I implore you to experience it yourself and make your own conclusions I too am frustrated with a number of things GW2 hasn’t delivered on " yet ". But that said its hands down my most favourite MMO I’ve had the good fortune of getting my hands on.

Personally I think you’ve actually come at the perfect time because for the most part the " lack of end game " as many call it may slowly begin to be stamped out if rumors of the next patch are true.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

“This won’t end well.”

Just bought GW2.

balrog.1307

@Everyone Thank you for the warm welcome I’m really glad that i finally stumbled upon a nice and (mostly)positive thinking game community, that doesn’t focus on nihilism

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

@Everyone Thank you for the warm welcome I’m really glad that i finally stumbled upon a nice and (mostly)positive thinking game community, that doesn’t focus on nihilism

You mean like all other MMO communities where the people on the forums aren’t astroturf? People complain, get over it. Its not the end of the world for players if they don’t play GW2; maybe it is for some Anet staff.

Have fun with GW2 as long as they can keep creating content to pull players in and have patience as the game exits open beta 1 with class balance issues after one year and enters open beta 2 class balance within the next year.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It really is a good game, but anet has been taken consistant step backwards with it, and the overall experience just seems so shallow.

After you do your FOTM, and every dungeon for AP, map completion, and geared out your toon, and made some alts, work towards your legendary, and get a couple WvW ranks, and played some spvp… Then thats it, you’ve done everything. The LS is just filler now that’s been lacking with each and every update.

This halloween event has nothing… I go to the 2min story dungeon and then 30 minute of labrinyth and I’ve done the LS, nothing else to do until they add more.

I don’t know how I feel about the WvW update, its still the same game, just more obtainable AP :/

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

So funny….. A thread full of responses detailing how terrible the game is, yet they continue to play and post here.

Welcome to GW2! As with any MMO, there are many ways to play and enjoy the game and GW2 delivers on those play styles with varying degrees of success.

Just bought GW2.

Charak.9761

So funny….. A thread full of responses detailing how terrible the game is, yet they continue to play and post here.

Welcome to GW2! As with any MMO, there are many ways to play and enjoy the game and GW2 delivers on those play styles with varying degrees of success.

It’s called Player investment, people put in hundred of hours of work but they dont want to step away and see all that go to waste.

We’re waiting for good updates, hopefully :/

Just bought GW2.

Khal Drogo.9631

It’s called Player investment, people put in hundred of hours of work but they dont want to step away and see all that go to waste.

We’re waiting for good updates, hopefully :/

Not really, I put in an obscene number of hrs and walked away from putting another 2k+ into mindless funless grind. I would have been happy to play daily for 1 to 3hrs and even creating GW2 machina (with permission) but Anet was kind enough to cure me of my GW2 addiction.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Streaky.8305

Streaky.8305

Personally I think you’ve actually come at the perfect time because for the most part the " lack of end game " as many call it may slowly begin to be stamped out if rumors of the next patch are true.

Very curious as to what these “rumors” are…care to share?

I just returned after nearly a year…I got a few toons up to the mid 20s and then left for MoP…now I’m back and my new toon is in the 40s and I am in love with this game like it’s beta all over again. Maybe it’s because I’ve put WoW behind me for good, and that I’m not rushing AT ALL to 80, are why I’m enjoying the game as much as I am.

I don’t get the negativity at all, it’s confusing. The game is better than when it launched, which was when everyone loved it. Maybe people need to take a break like I did!

Just bought GW2.

Charak.9761

Taking a break is hard to since that would mean missing a lot of content with all these temporary content being pushed out.

Just bought GW2.

Khal Drogo.9631

I just returned after nearly a year…I got a few toons up to the mid 20s and then left for MoP…now I’m back and my new toon is in the 40s and I am in love with this game like it’s beta all over again. Maybe it’s because I’ve put WoW behind me for good, and that I’m not rushing AT ALL to 80, are why I’m enjoying the game as much as I am.

I don’t get the negativity at all, it’s confusing. The game is better than when it launched, which was when everyone loved it. Maybe people need to take a break like I did!

If you missed some of the dungeons like Aetherblades and Molten Alliance, sorry you are NEVER going to play it again.

If I am not mistaken SAB will make its return soon for people Hoping for it.

So far since ascended weapon rollout I dont think I have missed anything fun, feel free to correct me.

Just bought GW2.

Charak.9761

aethers and MF are coming back as fractals :/

Just bought GW2.

Khal Drogo.9631

aethers and MF are coming back as fractals :/

Which makes MF number 1 or 2 on the list of fractals to avoid as fun as it is.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you missed some of the dungeons like Aetherblades and Molten Alliance, sorry you are NEVER going to play it again.

So far since ascended weapon rollout I dont think I have missed anything fun, feel free to correct me.

I thought the new dungeon path in TA is the best dungeon path yet. I like it far far more than I like either the Molten Dungeon or the Aetherblade dungeon.

The Molten dungeon had the trap room which was cool and the last two bosses. The etherblade dungeon had a couple of decent bosses. This room has more rooms with more mechanics that actually require people to pay some attention, and know what they’re doing.

The new TA path, so far, is my favorite dungeon to date in Guild Wars 2. Mind you, I’ve never had to pug it. lol

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

@GrandmaFunk – Thanks for the advice, i’m sure i will be doing a lot of looking up

another good advise is stalk NPCs, if you see an NPC going somewhere its likely going to start an event or chaining into another event. NPCs also act up their part between different dynamic events.

Talk to them too if you dont mind that, they give you hints about events and also lore and backstory.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Wait till you realise what big chunk of great stuff you cant get since you weren’t here from the start…

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Says who? Its very likely that those dungeons will make a return, in any way shape or form (fractals maybe).

I think SAB (super adventure box) will come back periodically, almost like a seasonal think. Every year a full month of SAB fun.

You missed the new TA, probs the best 5 man dungeon i ever played due to its nice mix of challenge, teamwork and mechanics. And yes i am an MMO veteran (30+ MMOs played) so i played a lot of 5 mans.

You missed Tequatl. The initial struggles due to the ramped up difficulty, the collective theorycrafting and most importantly that it functions as a nice community builder. It resulted in a lot of people on voice chat and even a mumble server that is permamently populated these days on my server.

Compare that to wow for example where they create features that work directly against server communities (like cross server fully automated LFG, LFR, crossserver arenas etc), and you know why i think this is a good thing.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Just bought GW2.

xephire.8324

wait till you reach lvl 80

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I thought the new dungeon path in TA is the best dungeon path yet. I like it far far more than I like either the Molten Dungeon or the Aetherblade dungeon.

The Molten dungeon had the trap room which was cool and the last two bosses. The etherblade dungeon had a couple of decent bosses. This room has more rooms with more mechanics that actually require people to pay some attention, and know what they’re doing.

The new TA path, so far, is my favorite dungeon to date in Guild Wars 2. Mind you, I’ve never had to pug it. lol

I pugged it first time around and simply asking questions my party was kind enough to answer We got around it pretty nicely, wiping only once at the last boss I think.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Just bought GW2.

Khal Drogo.9631

Says who? Its very likely that those dungeons will make a return, in any way shape or form (fractals maybe).

I think SAB (super adventure box) will come back periodically, almost like a seasonal think. Every year a full month of SAB fun.

You missed the new TA, probs the best 5 man dungeon i ever played due to its nice mix of challenge, teamwork and mechanics. And yes i am an MMO veteran (30+ MMOs played) so i played a lot of 5 mans.

You missed Tequatl. The initial struggles due to , the collective theorycrafting and most importantly that it functions as a nice community builder. It resulted in a lot of people on voice chat and even a mumble server that is permamently populated these days on my server.

Compare that to wow for example where they create features that work directly against server communities (like cross server fully automated LFG, LFR, crossserver arenas etc), and you know why i think this is a good thing.

Raiding and gimmick mechanics is not my cup of tea, coming from an MMO noob who is so turned off by GW2 to resolve never going back to this genre ever again. The LFG tool spent one year in development.

So in short I missed nothing I would consider fun.

Just bought GW2.

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I actually prefer the gameplay at level 80 over leveling. If youre 80 you can do everything you want, including almost everything youre doing while leveling. I played since open beta and ive never had a moment where i felt i had nothing to do.

You know why?

Since i dont tunnelvision specific content. I play a bit of everything which makes it a really enjoyable experience. Even after 2000+hours played.

Just bought GW2.

xephire.8324

I actually prefer the gameplay at level 80 over leveling. If youre 80 you can do everything you want, including almost everything youre doing while leveling. I played since open beta and ive never had a moment where i felt i had nothing to do.

You know why?

Since i dont tunnelvision specific content. I play a bit of everything which makes it a really enjoyable experience. Even after 2000+hours played.

Uhm i was just saying that.You think too negatively it seems.

Just bought GW2.

Khal Drogo.9631

Uhm i was just saying that.You think too negatively it seems.

Yeah coz disliking portions of the game is called “tunnel-visioning”. GW2 is perfect, the best game ever. Even crappy mini-games like Keg Brawl is so popular!