Keep your politics out of the game please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FragFire.7023

FragFire.7023

I didn’t see this subject addressed yet so I apologize if I missed the thread on it.

It’s quite obvious that putting NPC’s next to the bank in LA means they are going to be heard A LOT! You guys know this so their location was obviously planned… Now I have no problem with gay NPC’s in this game….. However I do have a problem with you using “children” to push your politics as though it is just an innocent game the children are playing. If you want to use adults to have this type of conversation then so be it but using children is just tasteless. I’m sure plenty of people will disagree with me… not everyone believes in God and that’s fine but many people do, so how about let’s play neutral and leave stuff like this out of the game completely… thank you for caring. Respect is a two-way street.

4 years and still tick’n… cheers to 4 more!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This won’t end well…..

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Except it IS an innocent game the kids are playing. They’re a boy and girl playing detective. The fact that the two detectives are women doesn’t matter to them; the little girl would say the same thing even if one of the characters they’re playing as were male.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Because children should go around hating gays, right? Not accepting them?

Maybe those “children” are the smart ones.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

So you want to “play neutral” and push real existing orientations out of the game, because you don’t care for them.
Your “respect” seems pretty one-way to me: “respect me and keep that stuff away from the game, but respecting them? no, why?”

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Chill out ITS JUST A GAME and you are trying to make something out of nothing, Anet has gone out of their way to not to offend players since we all have different views on various topics.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

I didn’t see this subject addressed yet so I apologize if I missed the thread on it.

It’s quite obvious that putting NPC’s next to the bank in LA means they are going to be heard A LOT! You guys know this so their location was obviously planned… Now I have no problem with gay NPC’s in this game….. However I do have a problem with you using “children” to push your politics as though it is just an innocent game the children are playing. If you want to use adults to have this type of conversation then so be it but using children is just tasteless. I’m sure plenty of people will disagree with me… not everyone believes in God and that’s fine but many people do, so how about let’s play neutral and leave stuff like this out of the game completely… thank you for caring. Respect is a two-way street.

Leaving such things out of the game completely is a very strange definition of “neutral”.

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

Posted by: bittercranberry.7015

bittercranberry.7015

I swear this game has quite a few homosexuals so you will have to take it as it is.
Hell all the sylvari are pansexual.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

No, there is a need to put this subjects, to get people being used to it, because THIS is normal.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Would loooove to hear his views on Marjory and Kasmeer….

CandyHearts.6025

Leaving such things out of the game completely is a very strange definition of “neutral”.

Omgosh yes! I lacked words and that’s just perfect.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

yar! not all ‘o us voted in that filthy Captain’s Council and der liberal ‘genda! now they’s brain washin’ our kids, next thing yee know they’ll be makin’ us pay fer quaggan birthcontrol and lettin’ them filthy tree-freaks go to our schools.

Aside: Maybe the Sylvari are conservative. Every time I hear “every seed has a right to grow!” I cant help but think of anti-abortion activists.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Posted by: Kawry.1568

Kawry.1568

LGBT’s right to exist is not politics. If you think Anet is trying to show more representation of characters who lay outside of gender and sexuality norms you should think it’s a good thing. Considering how little there is of us in all forms of media.

Posted by: SongOfDestruction.2984

SongOfDestruction.2984

I always figured the dialogue was kind of a satire, the kids are pointing out that marjory and kasmeer are over sexualised because the only important things about them is that first they’re detectives, and second they make out too much.

And honestly the dialogue is fine, but its on too short of a loop. Hearing the same lines three or four times when you’re reorganizing your bank and clearing bags does get a tad annoying.

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Here’s another religious person unnecessarily bringing their “issues” to light without respect for the people whom it doesn’t affect. You are the minority, sorry. This world is becoming more tolerant by the year and you’re being left behind. Letting small, inconsequential things bother you is a quick way to a shortened life, my friend.

RoseofGilead.8907

And honestly the dialogue is fine, but its on too short of a loop. Hearing the same lines three or four times when you’re reorganizing your bank and clearing bags does get a tad annoying.

I can definitely agree with that.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Wut is this thread about? I don’t LA much. Anet added kids that yell “Vote for Trump” or something?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Wut is this thread about? I don’t LA much. Anet added kids that yell “Vote for Trump” or something?

kids throughout the game play with each other, often pretending to be destiny’s edge or destiny’s edge 2.0.

there is one clip near the bank area in LA where a boy and a girl pretend to be marjory and kasemeer. for some, a boy playing as a girl is just a terrible thing. to throw gas on the fire, the kids are aware that marjory and kasemeer love eachother (are a female-female couple) and the girl says that the boy has to let her kiss him.

so if you extrapolate it waaay out like the OP, apparently you can argue that “anet is using kids to push gay rights and an anti-christian agenda”. More realistically, kids look up to these women BECAUSE THEY ARE HEROES, irregardless of the (completely normal) relationship between those women.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

CandyHearts.6025

LOL! Died a little.

You’d actually think that based on the subject title.
I never realized sexual preferences = politics.

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

LOL! Died a little.

Or that religious view = politics. Television is misleading.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I didn’t realize that being gay was a political decision. That’s fascinating. Can you tell me the name of their party so I can read up on the candidates?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

If a belief in God is your concern, go out and serve God. Complaining about an NPC conversation on a video game forum doesn’t help God or you. Go to church, volunteer at a homeless shelter, mow someone’s lawn…
It’s not about politics. LBGT is an increasingly open and accepted part of society, and media is going to reflect that. Children are going to grow up with that as normal. If you’re opposed to the direction society is going because of a belief in God, than the only logical solution is to serve God to make society better.
So, again—go to church, volunteer at a homeless shelter, mow someone’s lawn. You’ll change the world by helping people. On the other hand, insisting that people suppress themselves in order to show you respect, isn’t going to help anything.

(edited by Weindrasi.3805)

CandyHearts.6025

LOL! Died a little.

Or that religious view = politics. Television is misleading.

xD

I’d say we should blame Obama but that would actually make the subject heading make sense.

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

All of those auto-loops need a few more bits of dialogue. I like them all and take no offense to a little girl teasing a little boy with the threat of a kiss (That sentence added for the OP) but it is getting old. And sometimes I do respond in /say.

Sylvari Banker: “More Violets less Violence!”
Me: “Cripes lady! You and your Violets! Roses are superior! More Roses less Proses!”

Asura Banker: “One day I’ll establish my prominance”
Me: "ESTABLISH YOUR DOMINANCE!

Little Girl: “etc etc that means I have to kiss you”
Me: “RUN DUDE! She has cooties!”

Now I know these audio-loops are done client side, and therefore have different timing to everyone, which means I sound like a crazy person blurting out these things.

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

You just opened the door to every politically correct, kitten white knight keyboard SJW.

The politics you are talking about are Tumblr politics. They never go away.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I have a right to say what I kitten well please, thank you.

On that note, QUEEN JENNAH IS A TYRANT! Caudecus is Kryta’s rightful ruler!

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

How about you stop trying to impose your will on a private corporation. The scene in no way advocates harming anyone and is merely innocent play between children.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Little Girl: “etc etc that means I have to kiss you”
Me: “RUN DUDE! She has cooties!”

Just choked on my soda, cause this made me laugh as I was taking a drink. <3 it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

The right to exist and to love someone is not a political agenda. Get your head out of your cat.

Err, I mean, kitten. Meow.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

The right to exist and to love someone is not a political agenda. Get your head out of your cat.

Err, I mean, kitten. Meow.

Who are you to tell me where I put my head? Typical “SJW” hypocrisy

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I disagree. I think those kids are absolutely adorable. And from what I have seen, the world of Tyria is far more understanding of different lifestyles than ours is, so it doesn’t shock me in the slightest, either. They are a product of their own society, one that is more accepting than ours. That’s all. They probably don’t even give it a second thought.

Though I find the actual relationship between Marjory and Kasmeer a little shallow. I’m giving it a chance, though, because I missed out on some of it. I like relationships with depth and meaning, regardless of “politics” (Is it really just a political issue, to you?). I hope that they develop the characters very well. That’s all I ask for.

(edited by paintpixie.7398)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What the …. puppy.

That there is a well-known couple has been in the lore much before LA was rebuilt. Also that kids, in real life or in a game, will base their play off of known figures (cops & robbers, etc) is also nothing new. It is just a play on the stereotype of young males going ‘girls! ick!’ with the girl chasing after him.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Pretty successful troll, OP.

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

Since you need to have straight sex to get pregnant, the mere existence of children is anti-gay by definition.

(edited by Halan.7931)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

No nachos for you OP, you apparently can’t handle them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

paintpixie.7398

yar! not all ‘o us voted in that filthy Captain’s Council and der liberal ‘genda! now they’s brain washin’ our kids, next thing yee know they’ll be makin’ us pay fer quaggan birthcontrol and lettin’ them filthy tree-freaks go to our schools.

Aside: Maybe the Sylvari are conservative. Every time I hear “every seed has a right to grow!” I cant help but think of anti-abortion activists.

This post made me laugh so hard. Really. Thank you. XD

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Since you need to have straight sex to get pregnant, the existance of children are anti-gay by definition.

Not really but then this is getting off topic.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since you need to have straight sex to get pregnant, the mere existance of children ais anti-gay by definition.

Considering people can have children without having sex at all with today’s science, that’s not an entirely true statement.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

RoseofGilead.8907

Since you need to have straight sex to get pregnant, the mere existence of children is anti-gay by definition.

Considering the fact that there are procedures to start a pregnancy that don’t directly involve “straight sex” , I have to say you’re a bit off there.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Sensitive OP is sensitive.

I suggest you find a way to be less sensitive, because the times are a’changing.

I’m sure you can find something better to be offended about, like the fact that Donald Trump might be the next American president.

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

Considering the fact that there are procedures to start a pregnancy that don’t directly involve “straight sex” , I have to say you’re a bit off there.

And? The real father is still a male donor, not your girlfriend, so gay couple can’t have a child that’s fully theirs (both having a part in it).

(edited by Halan.7931)

CandyHearts.6025

I suggest you find a way to be less sensitive, because the times are a’changing.

I’m sure you can find something better to be offended about, like the fact that Donald Trump might be the next American president.

I haven’t paid one ounce of attention to the elections. Tell me this isn’t real. xD

paintpixie.7398

And? The father is still a male donor, not your girlfriend, so gay couple can’t have a child that’s fully theirs (both having a part in it).

Yes they can. Two women can have a child biologically, but it couldn’t be a male, since there is no Y chromosome in either of them.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I haven’t paid one ounce of attention to the elections. Tell me this isn’t real. xD

Oh, it’s real. I haven’t paid much attention to the elections either. As the years go on they become more and more of a joke, except that the joke has real word consequences.

Anyhow, I’ll never understand how people like the OP hate love so much.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Pretty much everything is political these days.

Besides, it’s not like they asked you to make them a cake

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I wish I could. lol

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

So by the same definition the mere existence of children is anti-infertility I guess??

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And? The real father is still a male donor, not your girlfriend, so gay couple can’t have a child that’s fully theirs (both having a part in it).

Maybe not humans, but there is at least one species of lizards that are female only and they reproduce by having female/female sex (this causes ovulation, the other partner doesn’t actually contribute). The eggs then hatch into copies of the mother.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_whiptail

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

Does OP not realize that we have a separation of church and state in the USA?

Besides, if you’re going to use a single Leviticus quote to excuse your homophobia and say that the game is pandering to “politics”, you should probably also petition ANet to remove the following:

Bowl of Clam Chowder, Clam Cake, Plate of Frostgorge Clams (don’t eat shellfish)
Looting your enemies corpses, Necromancy in general (don’t touch the bodies of unclean animals)
The Elder Dragons (don’t touch lizards)
Fireflies, Sparkflies and mosquitoes (don’t touch flying insects with four legs)
All of the non-christian lore gods (don’t invent gods or idols)
Thief move “Steal” (don’t steal)
PVP (don’t endanger the life of your neighbor, don’t injure or kill others)
Armor repair (don’t tear your clothes)
Disguises and tonics (don’t lie)
That event in Queensdale where you have to pick up the trampled grapes (those are to be left for the poor)
The norn tattoos (don’t get tattoos)
Playing a caster class (turning to mediums or spiritualists)
Guild Halls (don’t sell land permanently)

So, since you haven’t mentioned any of that, can we just drop the ruse and stop pretending that this is about feeling threatened by the game’s lack of christianity and just admit that you’re being homophobic? Which, btw, is against the terms of service of this game if you want to get into the rules of the place you’re in right now.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It is two kids playing a game, it has nothing to do with God or politics.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”