Kick* What is the meaning of loyalty?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Milady.1593

Milady.1593

I have got a kick and block-to-explain in a reason of (maybe) ask advice about create a one ppl guild for apersonal bank.Before that i had already be kicked for do not represent but reinvited with a warning of loyalty.

In fact i have kept about half and one years guildless play without any feeling of sad or lonely.The reason of i respon the recruitment is merely to find skillful players in pvp and learn some common sense and improve my pvp standard.

Do not know the value of loyalty, for a bank , or others?

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Loyalty is a little person who is in a game, they are, for the most parts, not even care about eachother met in real life consisting of a constellation. So yes, to keep a person guild bank for your target price of goods (because most of the rest is soul- or account bound), and left a nerd circle with them, jerk party!

/Sarcasm

Milady.1593

Loyalty is a little person who is in a game, they are, for the most parts, not even care about eachother met in real life consisting of a constellation. So yes, to keep a person guild bank for your target price of goods (because most of the rest is soul- or account bound), and left a nerd circle with them, jerk party!

/Sarcasm

I feel something ridiculous,they are helpful — but only for who in their circle,and can not tolerance who have a bank guild…. selfish or so need of loyalty for them?

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

in my opinion, generally speaking… any guild that wants 100% rep is not worth joining.

– The Baconnaire

Milady.1593

in my opinion, generally speaking… any guild that wants 100% rep is not worth joining.

sounds right..but they do not notice 100%rep while recruiting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Pretty much. I responded to a guild ad that required 100% rep and asked why. Was told it was to “promote a friendly and close community”. I said if I was already in a guild with friends, then I wouldnt be able to do stuff with them. Their “solution”? Invite them to the guild. And do stuff with the guild. Doesnt seem like a very friendly and close community if I have to either leave my friends, or bring them into a large guild in order to have fun.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Milady.1593

Pretty much. I responded to a guild ad that required 100% rep and asked why. Was told it was to “promote a friendly and close community”. I said if I was already in a guild with friends, then I wouldnt be able to do stuff with them. Their “solution”? Invite them to the guild. And do stuff with the guild. Doesnt seem like a very friendly and close community if I have to either leave my friends, or bring them into a large guild in order to have fun.

I feel may the represent mode turns into a dark side,some teens think no rep means dishonour and become selfish..why Anet always prostitute good design for even a poor detail? such as influnce for rep guild rotted multi-guild system,too dangerous damage for single player destroyed group event(before magaserver,few dare to start a group event and waiting for others)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The way I see it, guilds should be happy with whatever influence I give them. If they aren’t, they can kick me and not get any. Doesn’t make a difference to me. There are plenty of non 100% rep guilds out there, I’ll still get my perks.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The whole guild system needs an overhaul, its one system among many other things, that Anet hasn’t cared about since basically nearly 2 years.. the only thign that anet did do far for guilds is just adding those guild missions

- we have still no guild halls/islands as headquarters like in GW1 and any kind of guild progression based on this (guild keeps, fortress, castle, village, town)
- we have still no option to merge guilds without loosing all the efforts from 1 guild
- we have still no alliance system or anything that really makes people to want to be in a guild to profitate from being in a guild, other than getting only a few minipets and weapon skins that you can get only from beign in a guild by doing enough guild missions
- we have got so far no improvements to the guild missions and the potential about guilds beign used is still underwhelming to the point that you ask yourserf, why anet didn’t use the chance now to improve something significantly about guilds with Feature Pack 2 – however, I hope guilds will be more in the focus in Feature Pack 3 once when it comes.
- Guilds should also play a much bigger role in WvW, I made a very long time ago once a list of suggestions, how anet should improve all those guild traits and what kind of new guild traits guilds should get to make out of guilds a better long term goal, that feels also rewardign so more you progress on a guild’s traits and unlocks slowly more and more new features and thigns, that are either helpful for the whole guild in PvE or in WvW, or could unlock new gameplay modes ect. for SPvP and so on …

Got even quite some likings, but I guess it wa either overseen or just a topic Anet at that point didn#t care for (until today), because they had other thigns on their table with higher priority for them.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I may be able to shed some light onto this.

The influence cost of buffs, compared to the rate of earning it, encourages mega guilds over smaller closer knit guilds (I don’t really like the 500 cap myself, I don’t actually know half my guildies, which frankly sucks.)

My guild does allow for exceptions for quite a lot of things too though. Also we don’t even kick non reppers, we just leave them at a special low rank, and boot them if we need space. But i’ve been in many guilds that seemed like there was someone waiting to insta-kick me if i wanted to use my private guild bank in a town. It really was annoying.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Milady.1593

The influence cost of buffs, compared to the rate of earning it, encourages mega guilds over smaller closer knit guilds (I don’t really like the 500 cap myself, I don’t actually know half my guildies, which frankly sucks.)

My guild does allow for exceptions for quite a lot of things too though. Also we don’t even kick non reppers, we just leave them at a special low rank, and boot them if we need space. But i’ve been in many guilds that seemed like there was someone waiting to insta-kick me if i wanted to use my private guild bank in a town. It really was annoying.

They consider even a personal bank as betray ,why?childish,selfish or tyranny?
I think maybe i need to keep guildless play for many guilds like them.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I am confused about the OPs point to be honest, was written weird.

First of all there is nothing wrong with a personal guild bank. Any guild leader/officer that kicks on first instance of non-repping is a terrible leader/officer. They should whisper and ask why. When they find out you’re just accessing your personal guild bank, they should jist be fine with it. In that situation your are not hindering your guild.

However 100% rep is completely valid. People who have a guild with friends as well are unlikely to rep or join in with your guild dungeon runs or other events. Most of the time they will only be contactable through a whisper, and we don’t want to be chasing new members up. By joining a guild you are joining a community, and we want you to rep 100% so you can see everything and get involved in everything. You can easily contact your friends throug whisper.

Then ofc there’s all the technical reasons mentioned in the post further up.

| Lithia |

Milady.1593

I am confused about the OPs point to be honest, was written weird.

First of all there is nothing wrong with a personal guild bank. Any guild leader/officer that kicks on first instance of non-repping is a terrible leader/officer. They should whisper and ask why. When they find out you’re just accessing your personal guild bank, they should jist be fine with it. In that situation your are not hindering your guild.

However 100% rep is completely valid. People who have a guild with friends as well are unlikely to rep or join in with your guild dungeon runs or other events. Most of the time they will only be contactable through a whisper, and we don’t want to be chasing new members up. By joining a guild you are joining a community, and we want you to rep 100% so you can see everything and get involved in everything. You can easily contact your friends throug whisper.

Then ofc there’s all the technical reasons mentioned in the post further up.

Someone told me uber guilds almost all 100%rep and even some of them will check attendence during WVW and TPVP,feel very pressure about it..

Really?in fact i do not like be bound but do not very matter about 100% rep,but on the other hand,i think i become a servant and valued influence point?

What is the meaning of loyalty?maybe the demands are very above loyalty in common sense…

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

They consider even a personal bank as betray ,why?childish,selfish or tyranny?
I think maybe i need to keep guildless play for many guilds like them.

Because they’re a crap guild?

I avoid 100rep guilds.
One thing since my first guild I check is that the “100% rep” isn’t expected.

For one reason. I key farm alot and often forget to rep the guild.

I would like to maybe eventually join a specifically WvW guild for when I want to play that side.

I don’t want to be annoyed if I choose to join a temporary guild for something or other.

For the most part I will rep. But I don’t want it to be expected, feck that. If they’re a good enough guild, you’ll rep, just because you want to.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Non-repping isn’t accessing your personal guild bank or forgetting whilst key farming. Non-repping is not being involved in guild chat a lot of the time, not attending guild missions when you are online, missing out on guild dungeon runs because we asked in chat and you couldn’t see it. If a new member joins and doesn’t rep half the time it’s unlikely I’ll get to know them.

Just how I see it. People are welcome to not join if they have other guild commitments, and they are welcome to leave if they find another guild without the policy.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I have three guilds that I belong to. One is my personal bank guild. Great place to store mats. I agree that repping a guild 100% of the time is stupid. I can see during guild events it being required, but not when farming and leveling. Some guilds it is all about number of members, not how many actually assist each other

Artemis Thuras.8795

I’d agree kicking for repping private bank guilds is just plain stupid (not to mention hypocritical when myself, and most of my officers have them..).

However, if you’re never going to rep a guild, why not just leave it? You arent part of it anyway.. (this is why I want to kick a list of non reppers).

I feel like people who will only rep when they are asking for something, then go back to non repping once they have what they want are just leechers anyhow. Which is why I dislike none repping and the multiple guild idea in general. (single guild would force people to leave if they don’t want to be in the guild).

Also farming/leveling earns a lot of influence (depending on exactly what) which guilds need to pay for those guild events you want to do. By not repping during that times, you’re basically saying " Guild leader, go pay for me to do things." which is pretty selfish.

Sadly the guild system was designed to meet the demands of selfish people.

Edit: This thread may also be of interest:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guilds-5/first#post4371493

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

We need guild alliances. But yeah for the most part you pretty much know you’re not getting into a friendly, casual guild when they require 100% rep.

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Every time I see people advertising a guild, or I get an invite. I look it over, and then promply ignore it. Because who gives a kitten if 12 of your 300+ members aren’t flying your banner with all 15 characters. :/

Loyalty to me is having a close group of friends, not being a faceless part of a big group that’ll leave you for dead if you get in over your head, or don’t fly their banner for all your game time.

I may not be part of the largest guild in the game, But I know each of my guild mates personally. I’ve met them outside of games, I’ve lived with, gone to school with, and have known them all for at least 10 years. We’re slow on guild upgrades, and can’t do guild missions, bounties, and whatnot. But I can say over guild chat “Oh kitten, this is going to hurt…” And my guildies are right there to help. And I do the same for them. I’ve left missions and and events, and even world bosses to help wen they call.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

My guild requires 100% rep. We regularly kick people who aren’t repping 100%. After inquiring as to why they aren’t of course — we allow personal guild banks, as well as those that are part of a TTS type guild or one that exclusively does guild missions all back to back on certain days to rep while they complete that specific content. Once they are done doing their guild missions/Teq/Wurm what have you, they must rep again. We have 85 members, 60-ish who are active players. Absolutely awesome community built on mutual respect.

We interview all new applicants. Repping 100% is one of the first things we cover, if they have a problem with it, the application process stops right there. Most people are OK with 100% repping, quite honestly. The ones that aren’t are the kind of people we aren’t interested in playing with anyway.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Would be kinda useful if guild officers could “mass whisper” members, even if they weren’t repping at the time – that way announcements for dungeon runs, fractals, guild mission etc. could still be sent and the non-rep switch back to participate.

Draknar.5748

Would be kinda useful if guild officers could “mass whisper” members, even if they weren’t repping at the time – that way announcements for dungeon runs, fractals, guild mission etc. could still be sent and the non-rep switch back to participate.

Or better yet, on-screen messages. As in you can send out a message to the whole guild that shows up on screen right in the center in big letters. Aion had this feature, it was great for getting everyone’s attention.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Made my own guild, mostly bank, but developing all upgrades.
Maybe one day it’ll become a normal guild O.o

Anyway, 100% guilds sucks.
99% of them demand all your chars to represent it.
And even if some allow guild banks, they still are moody and demand explanation why you didn’t represent them in past 5 mins.

Deffo not going for such guilds. Pain the az.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I got kicked from a guild for repping TTS during the TTS sanctioned raids (the wurm and Teq). Yes, I will admit that I forgot to switch back to the other guild for like a half an hour but no warning…just a kick. Didn’t want to be in that dead guild anyway but it still wasn’t cool. Not sure why guilds demand 100% rep, it takes away from the point of having multiple guilds -.-

Draknar.5748

And even if some allow guild banks, they still are moody and demand explanation why you didn’t represent them in past 5 mins.

Some people are interested in finding a guild to call a home rather than use the guild for a specific purpose and then rotate between multiple guilds as you see fit to benefit yourself.

The guilds that require 100% are the guilds looking for members to add to their family, not just a body to boost roster numbers. If you look at it that way, it makes sense why some guilds want 100% rep. We target players that are looking to make GW2 their MMO for the long haul and to create a strong community where players can thrive and build relationships.

The people that typically hate 100% rep guilds are the same ones that say the game is boring, there is no end-game, etc. etc. When you have a strong core of players that enjoy playing the game as much as you do, you never find yourself bored. There’s always something to do or someone to help.

I think back on every MMO I’ve ever played and the one thing in common in the games I stuck out more than 1 year was a solid guild/clan to play with. Every time.

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

People often forget that this is a game and not some military organization where one has to obey commands from some stranger who happens to be longer in the guild than oneself.

I run my own tiny guild as a place just for myself and friends i have made, i do not recruit and i let people do what they enjoy in the guild. And that has worked fine for me and a few friends for years, since our GW1 time. Some members view the guild as something like family.

A friend who was in a pretty big guild asked me to join them, he told me that 100% repping wasn’t asked for and of course i got kicked after a day for only repping them about half of that time, which i fully expected. I got kicked without anyone asking me about my motivation. I had just registered at their website and i asked the “officer” who had kicked me to delete my account at their website.

What i got was an extremely rude reply by that person who told me that i was just “mad” that i had gotten kicked and that there was nothing i could do for them not deleting my personal information (including my mail address) at their website. I just shrugged and moved on.

Such people forget that people do not need guilds but guilds need people. And, again, that a guild (with the exception of WvW where such organization is necessary) is not a military organization where people can think about ordering others around. People who willingly join such a guild are still there on their own free will.

A guild that expects 100% repping is not worth anyone’s time. The ones that expect that are not the ones worth playing with.

[Yak’s Bend]

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Some people are interested in finding a guild to call a home rather than use the guild for a specific purpose and then rotate between multiple guilds as you see fit to benefit yourself.

The guilds that require 100% are the guilds looking for members to add to their family, not just a body to boost roster numbers. If you look at it that way, it makes sense why some guilds want 100% rep. We target players that are looking to make GW2 their MMO for the long haul and to create a strong community where players can thrive and build relationships.

The people that typically hate 100% rep guilds are the same ones that say the game is boring, there is no end-game, etc. etc. When you have a strong core of players that enjoy playing the game as much as you do, you never find yourself bored. There’s always something to do or someone to help.

I think back on every MMO I’ve ever played and the one thing in common in the games I stuck out more than 1 year was a solid guild/clan to play with. Every time.

I find your wording funny. The wording for 100% rep guilds is absolute. Heck I find the use of the word family funny. heck I dont have the same last name as half of my family and they haven’t disowned me yet.

My experience with a 100% guild wasnt exactly positive.
1. Family? HAH Have overtime for 3 days and dont log on? Kick. Happened to a friend who joined with me.
2. Go play a mode that said Family doesnt play whilst they are doing something else?
Bishing.
3. Family doesnt exist outside of said game. Cant say hey lets go play some bf or even mention you are in a clan for bf.

Funnily enough I am in 3 clans for bf4. My own ( I like the name), my main guild (with friends of 5+ years who IDGAF, and my competitive guild who also IDGAF oh also friends of 2+ years.

Friends whose main words are MUST and REQUIRE don’t sound like friends more like friendly overlords.

I will always maintain a good guild isnt one that requires you to rep 100% but one that makes you want to.

Passionate KISS of Life I remember you!

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Open your friends list and change your status to invisible before switching to a personal bank guild. They’ll never know.

Most guilds (even with 100% rep) don’t mind if you swap to a personal bank guild for a few minutes. If you swap out and stay out you’ll have some issues, though.

pdavis.8031

~snip~

I can understand that you are looking for people who enjoy the game,have similar goals as you, and want to build relationships, thats what guilds in general are for. However, I feel that a 100% rep guild forces me to do that. I have my main guild I rep 100% of the time, not because of some requirement, but because I have developed relationships and friendships with some of those people. I like spending time in game with them. If its forced, then how close is that “family”? Yeah sure, it might be a small sub-group within the guild, but over all?

If I was a new player, I know I would feel pressured and uncomfortable with being in a 100% rep required guild. (Actually had a guild invite in GW1, where they had a requirement to log in at least three times a week, and if I couldn’t I had to let them know. I promptly declined. Thats just absurd).

recognize my command!”

Draknar.5748

A guild that expects 100% repping is not worth anyone’s time. The ones that expect that are not the ones worth playing with.

That’s a pretty skewed view on guilds that clearly stems from your one bad experience.

Asking for 100% rep has nothing to do with treating people like they are in a military organization. You let them know up front it is a requirement, if that’s a problem, everyone moves on. If someone joins and isn’t repping you ask them what’s up. Maybe they do have a guild bank for personal use, or are using a specific guild to run Wurm/Teq or to get guild commendations. That stuff is understandable and most guilds are cool with it.

Sounds like you want to just say “pffft. screw you I’m not repping 100%, you fascist jerks!”

Many of the complaints in the forums can be solved by a solid guild: game is boring, content is too hard, players are elitist, balance is broken everybody wants [insert fotw class], events are too hard, etc. You find a guild that is active and filled with people that want to help you? Suddenly the game isn’t boring, hard content is no longer hard because you have guild members that are skilled that can help you complete it (patiently I might add), class makes no difference to guild members, you wanna bring your necro and it is the 3rd in the group? Sure thing, bud, we’re guildies! Can’t get a specific event completed for X trait? Pfft, no problem, bout 10 of us are on that will come help you with it!

Oh no, you’re 50 ectos away from some sort of upgrade? Got ya covered, here’s 50 ectos, pay back whenever you get a chance! Oh man, want to craft ascended gear but omg it takes sooo long and you can only craft one mat ever 24hrs? Oh yea? Well how about your guildmates who can craft those mats donate their cooldowns to you, now you’re making 10x the mats each day. Not a problem because we’re all family here!

You say you’ve never run Aetherblade path because everyone hates it and doesn’t want to run it, but you’d like to get some of the achievements? Let’s do it right now! And get some achievements! Sure, bring your mesmer that’s fine!

Need help with new Living Story achievements, but can’t seem to get them done? You’re in luck, bud, now you have a full group of people who have them all completed already that can show you exactly how to get them and will sacrifice themselves if need be so you can get your achievement safely! Dang, we failed one because you dodged by mistake into some AoE? Whatever, let’s start it over!

Boy that FoTM is so intimidating. Oh yea? Well how about a nice relaxing run with guild members who will take the time to explain each fight, strategies, where to stand, where and why people stack in certain areas (and give the option if you want to stack or do it the normal way). Plus what skills/weapons/traits to put for each fractal to maximize efficiency.

Making money is sooo haaard? Oh yea? Not if you have a guild that will speed run you through dungeons (when requested), will link closest WP to the world boss that is up currently, will show you how to play the TP (when requested), will explain what items to save, what items to sell, what items to salvage.

All of this, for the cost of 100% repping? Uhm….no brainer.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

@Draknar

As I pointed that not all of them are like that. I know that you can find some which are really casual about it and understanding but yet prefer that you would 100% represent them.
Problem is, that they’re really hard to find. And I doubt that people want to jump from one guild to another just to see, if it’s like that, or it’s another Overlord behavior.

Another thing about this “family” what you call.
It sound nice, but it doesn’t work.
New guild member in almost every case, is treated like an outcast.
It may take weeks or even months until everyone will adapt to newbie and yet there will be someone who will be grumpy about him, because….he’s who he is.

In many games which are like 100% devoted blablabla ended up as a lose screw in a head.
Guild Master, or leader, along with officers, vices etc, whenever they had a need for something or whatever else, you along with whole guild had to drop your current fun and attend their needs ASAP.
Problem was, when you actually needed a bit of help, and ended up with one guildmate who forever does help you, or you’ll see a middle finger because others have no time, or don’t want to help you.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if majority of people who are against this 100% representative thing have similar experience and view it as a Circle in History that will repeat it. It’s annoying, waste of time and irritating, that you have to deal with such or similar behavior.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Draknar.5748

@Draknar

As I pointed that not all of them are like that. I know that you can find some which are really casual about it and understanding but yet prefer that you would 100% represent them.
Problem is, that they’re really hard to find. And I doubt that people want to jump from one guild to another just to see, if it’s like that, or it’s another Overlord behavior.

Another thing about this “family” what you call.
It sound nice, but it doesn’t work.
New guild member in almost every case, is treated like an outcast.
It may take weeks or even months until everyone will adapt to newbie and yet there will be someone who will be grumpy about him, because….he’s who he is.

In many games which are like 100% devoted blablabla ended up as a lose screw in a head.
Guild Master, or leader, along with officers, vices etc, whenever they had a need for something or whatever else, you along with whole guild had to drop your current fun and attend their needs ASAP.
Problem was, when you actually needed a bit of help, and ended up with one guildmate who forever does help you, or you’ll see a middle finger because others have no time, or don’t want to help you.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if majority of people who are against this 100% representative thing have similar experience and view it as a Circle in History that will repeat it. It’s annoying, waste of time and irritating, that you have to deal with such or similar behavior.

I have no doubt that there are bad guilds out there. When I said “family” I didn’t mean like we’re a group of 6 RL friends that are in some kind of officers club and everyone else is just a peon. That’s not how we do it at least. Because of the rank system, we know which players that are on are the new members and the officers go out of their way to ask if they need help with anything. Sometimes we will just group up with them and accompany them for personal story, or provide general tips to playing.

We will announce that we are going to run, let’s say AC story for example, and will list the level requirement for it and let everyone know this is an introductory run, good time to get your feet wet for dungeons. Even with 2 officers and 3 new players the dungeon is cake because we know what we are doing.

In order to make it to officer status you have to be the kind of person that is patient, understanding, and doesn’t mind investing time into helping other, newer players.

I think that’s honestly what has made our guild so active and full of like-minded players. Strong and sincerely helpful leadership. For the loner type of player, we may come on a bit strong, but for those that are looking to make GW2 their MMO-home, it’s literally what keeps them playing.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m in a guild that requires 100% Rep, but makes allowances for banks and crossguilds.

They’re casual about it though. Sometimes I forget to re-rep after switching to my bank, and the most I’d get is a friendly nudge maybe a couple of days later.

I can understand why they need the rep, though. boosts and WVW buffs cost a lot of influence, so I’m not put off when it comes to helping provide that.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Artemis Thuras.8795

Honestly, it seems like a minority that mind the 100% rep concept, but I admit it does cause friction.

Linking this thread again:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guilds-5/first#post4378848

The idea I came up with from the discussion (im sure i’m not the first person to have this idea tbh).

Do away with the concept of repping.
You earn influence for each of your guilds.
Your chat works a little like Alliance chat in gw1(tags shown).
You can select which guild chat you wish to be talking in.
Reduce the guild cap to 3 (balance suggested by a friend)
Reduce influence each person earns (balance suggestion by friend – not sure on this)

This makes a guild feel more like a guild to me.
The only reason 100% rep exists is because of influence & the cost of buffs (re-evaluation of costs needed tbh).
Removes friction caused by the concept of “non-repping”
Allows people to create their own alliance over being in a rigid (Gw1 style) alliance. This is what the multiple guild idea should achieve.

Planning to drop the idea into the CDI thread later too.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

My guild’s first alliance in GW1 evolved into the central guild trying to cannibalize the other guild’s members…. for much the same reasons. Within a few months, the alliance was effectively dissolved when more than half the member guilds broke off, and the central guild was dead not too long after. The power play was NOT appreciated.

Telling your members they can’t have a life outside of your clique is cultish. If enjoying your mates’ company isn’t enough to get me to rep 24/7, then forcing me to do so ain’t going to make me want to hang with you any more than I do already.

pdavis.8031

My guild’s first alliance in GW1 evolved into the central guild trying to cannibalize the other guild’s members…. for much the same reasons. Within a few months, the alliance was effectively dissolved when more than half the member guilds broke off, and the central guild was dead not too long after. The power play was NOT appreciated.

Telling your members they can’t have a life outside of your clique is cultish. If enjoying your mates’ company isn’t enough to get me to rep 24/7, then forcing me to do so ain’t going to make me want to hang with you any more than I do already.

Yup. Thats exactly how I feel about it.

recognize my command!”

Milady.1593

Non-repping isn’t accessing your personal guild bank or forgetting whilst key farming. Non-repping is not being involved in guild chat a lot of the time, not attending guild missions when you are online, missing out on guild dungeon runs because we asked in chat and you couldn’t see it. If a new member joins and doesn’t rep half the time it’s unlikely I’ll get to know them.

Just how I see it. People are welcome to not join if they have other guild commitments, and they are welcome to leave if they find another guild without the policy.

but.what is the main point of this guild system?