Kill the Queensdale champion train.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Players will also gravitate towards these kinds of simple mindless loot opportunities when they are in the game.

Unfortunately, this leaves many other engaging group events in the world untouched and other zones desolate.

While I applaud the players resilience for staying with such a dull manifestation of the game, I feel Anet should take an approach akin to paternalism* and remove the Queens zerg, in order to force change and diversity.

This may upset some players, who feel they should be able to play how they want to play, but sometimes the world demands an authority or organization to guide us gently towards perfection.

Who is with me?

NB:

**"Paternalism" comes from the Latin pater, meaning to act like a father, or to treat another person like a child, limiting some person or group’s liberty or autonomy for their own good.

It’s already been discussed in several threads. The champ trains are fine. If you don’t like them, don’t do them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Zerg-trains-in-Queensdale

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Please-break-Queensdale-train

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/STOP-the-Champtrains

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/A-call-to-arms

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Fix-Queensdale-farming

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’ve never understood why people run the queensdale train instead of the frostgorge train. Whenever I run the frostgorge train i get significantly better loot. Is there a real logical reason to do the queensdale over frostgorge? serious question.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Queensdale-champ-train-profit/first#post3254559

This question comes up with surprising regularity about every 2 weeks.

There are multiple reasons, including those listed in this thread and all the threads linked in this thread.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I think the way in which the train DOES affect others’ enjoyment of the game is that other regular events and group events in other zones have almost zero participation, even on higher populated servers. So “we” feel that we are missing some of the social aspect of the game by these players being enticed away to do the trains. It is certainly within their “rights” to do that, but to act like this is some solo experience is being naive. They intended group events to be done by other players in the area, and they also wanted a game that would encourage players helping other players. In my case, I have come across certain skill challenges that I cannot defeat no matter what I do, meaning that sometimes I can’t even complete a map without help from someone else. When I ask for help in map chat and only hear crickets, and yet I am on a high population server, is doesn’t feel like an MMO anymore.

So I guess the bigger, and harder, question is:

What would ANET have to do to the least populated zones to get other players to actually want to go there and help other players out?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve never understood why people run the queensdale train instead of the frostgorge train. Whenever I run the frostgorge train i get significantly better loot. Is there a real logical reason to do the queensdale over frostgorge? serious question.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Queensdale-champ-train-profit/first#post3254559

This question comes up with surprising regularity about every 2 weeks.

There are multiple reasons, including those listed in this thread and all the threads linked in this thread.

People who view the game as nothing but statistics and numbers will never understand it. And thus they hate what they can’t understand.

I have done maybe a few in the past month or so? And only because I was in Queensdale at the time. My general feeling is of apathy, not hatred or jealousy.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

This may upset some players, who feel they should be able to play how they want to play, but sometimes the world demands an authority or organization to guide us gently towards perfection.

The world does not demand authority and organization, I only see you and some other individuals demanding authority and organization. Other parts of the ‘world’ demand that the champ training continue. You do not speak for the world. Who is the arbiter of perfection? Not you, for sure.

I think the champ train is incredibly boring, so I avoid it. But what other people choose to do with their time is none of my business.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I believe the main problem is that it creates a TERRIBLE first impression of the game for anybody who begins with a human character. (Which is the plurality choice.) Those champ train folks can get rather nasty in map chat.

Yes. A dead zone would be a way better impression, apparently.

What would ANET have to do to the least populated zones to get other players to actually want to go there and help other players out?

make those other places rewarding as well. Currently they aren’t (which is a sideeffect of series of drop nerfs that has been generously applied to every part of the game before Anet decided to change their policy on the issue).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: AngelSayaka.8605

AngelSayaka.8605

I do the train once a while and this is an easy way to complete the dailies.
Also the train for new players is fun because I have a friend with an asura and he told me why the game is empty. So I brought him to queensdale, then he join the train and the other day he was so excited because he killed a champion with 20 people. I love how this activity keep new players happy so why kill it?

Enjoy the game my friends.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Players will also gravitate towards these kinds of simple mindless loot opportunities when they are in the game.

Unfortunately, this leaves many other engaging group events in the world untouched and other zones desolate.

While I applaud the players resilience for staying with such a dull manifestation of the game, I feel Anet should take an approach akin to paternalism* and remove the Queens zerg, in order to force change and diversity.

Who is with me?

NB:

**"Paternalism" comes from the Latin pater, meaning to act like a father, or to treat another person like a child, limiting some person or group’s liberty or autonomy for their own good.

“in order to force change and diversity. "
Short answer : No.
Long answer : Why do you even care how others play? You’re free to do as you like.

You don’t want to train ? don’t.
Why spam the forums?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

What it all comes down to is a no win situation. You have two options

• If you make champs rewarding, people will farm them, no matter if they’re on one map or all over Tyria…just like world bosses. Farmers can get protective of their targets and be downright nasty to those who don’t play ball…solution…ignore them and block them. You also end up with those who feel farmers are ruining the game. As we see in this thread.
  • Some of us who have been around long enough, have already seen the result of making champions, or any hard content, unrewarding. There was a LONG time, at least 5 months, where champs rarely dropped anything, at all…world bosses and temples rarely returned anything better than blue. All this serves is to irritate people and it had gotten so bad by, say, March (2013) that the mere mention of doing a champion was enough to bring down the wrath of people on map chat. Quite often the result was the same at the mention of doing temples. It had gotten to a point where “champion” was almost a bad word.

The problem is that people were getting legendaries too quickly and not spending enough in the gem store. So, they heavily nerfed all areas of the game, killed over 35000 bot accounts, which were largely feeding the trading post and helping to keep prices low, and introduced fractals to try and placate the hardcore. The problem was that GW2 was heavily marketed specifically to a casual friendly crowd and after the November 2012 loot nerfs it was no long casual friendly…not by a long shot. You had to grind incessantly to even get lowbie green gear. I know at least one person who demanded a refund under the pretense of false advertizing and got his money back.

For anyone who didn’t play at that time, it’s hard to comprehend just how bad the loot drops had become and how hard ANet was trying to make it impossible to make any gold in game (Under the false pretense of botters), while at the same time prices in the TP were skyrocketing between normal inflation and the lack of bots supplying stock. First time I bought a Powerful Venom Sac it was 1s95c, it’s now 31s90c, yet, at the time, they claimed to have increased the drop rate for T6 mats. ANet was facing a huge PR issue. Threads were popping up on their forums, Reddit and scene sites about how bad GW2 was becoming. I remember one thread on this forum that was over 30 pages before ANet killed it with little more than a vague acknowledgement and had over 44000 views. Ultimately, it was a terrible PR fiasco which angered a great many people.

They were left with a choice, either to try and wait out those who were complaining, or to do something about it. For a long time their choice was apparently to wait and ignore. I’m not sure when that changed, certainly not by the end of March when I stopped playing, but I suspect they were seeing many people leaving the game and with summer coming, already down time for many gamers, they had to do something about it or risk losing people permanently. It’s not the hard-core MMO players who are going to leave over bad loot, they’re used to it, it’s the casual players, many of whom this is their first MMO. It’s also the casual players who are much more likely to spend money in the gem store.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I believe the main problem is that it creates a TERRIBLE first impression of the game for anybody who begins with a human character. (Which is the plurality choice.) Those champ train folks can get rather nasty in map chat.

Although Im doing this train daily, i would agree that this is really the case, it indeed gives wrong impression about the game to the new players

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Hard to believe there are people who embrace the stripping away of their freedom, but of course, it’s usually not THEIR freedom at stake, but someone else’s.

“Freedom”? Oh, please. You make the champion train sound like a victim march.

When people who kill champions outside of the zerg are no longer subject to public shaming for being “selfish” and “rude”, I’ll be willing to consider their “freedom” as an actual topic of debate.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Leamas.5803

Hard to believe there are people who embrace the stripping away of their freedom, but of course, it’s usually not THEIR freedom at stake, but someone else’s.

When people who kill champions outside of the zerg are no longer subject to public shaming for being “selfish” and “rude”, I’ll be willing to consider their “freedom” as an actual topic of debate.

It’s a game, if someone says something you don’t like, block them and ignore them. It’s not like they can do anything other than badmouth you. :/

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

i wouldn’t mind. Keep the one in Frostgorge Sound, though. Farming IS endgame!

Leamas.5803

The big draw to the queensdale train is the karma. WvW is the only other “efficient” way to farm karma, and that is hit or miss.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I think the big problem is that everyone in the train thinks they are entitled to every champion on that train. Today I killed the lovely Oakheart to knock out my daily and put some champ progress towards my monthly, and people were rather rude, on the normally friendly TC server nevertheless. Apparently someone took a video of 3 of killing a champ without them and told the others they would post it on these forums in hopes that the dev would ban us or our guilds would kick us.

Of course I laughed at all of this. With the exception of killing unbuffed champs during the toxic alliance event, there is absolutely nothing wrong with attacking any mob in this game. This is not some free to play mmo where we wait in line to get out boss kills for a quest. Gw2 is so much better than that, and people saying otherwise in mapchat makes new players believe that the community is selfish. Let’s hope anet can find a way to fix this little issue.

P.s. I can’t wait to see that video =)

Imagi.4561

It’s a game, if someone says something you don’t like, block them and ignore them. It’s not like they can do anything other than badmouth you. :/

Oh, I agree completely. But I think “the zerg should be able to play how they want to play” is a ridiculous argument when the “play how you want” mindset is exactly what it discourages.

I know I’m coming across as hostile, but please don’t misunderstand—I don’t have a problem with the champion train in and of itself. I think it provides some great benefits and I’ve participated in it on many occasions. However, I do have a problem with the sense of entitlement present in some of the participants: that the train has more of a right to the champions than anyone else playing the game. It creates a toxic community environment.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

I think there will always be a few bad apples; but I suspect that your experience is more a reflection of your server than anything else.

While I guest at other servers I’ve found Ehmry Bay to be very pleasant. So long as you’re not going out of your way to ruin the train folks there seem to live and let live.

And I recall a particularly nice moment where a few folks at Frostgorge Sound politely asked the train to skip the Quaggan so that they could tackle it on their own. There was a universal response of approval and folks cheered them on and did not interfere.

Leamas.5803

Apparently someone took a video of 3 of killing a champ without them and told the others they would post it on these forums in hopes that the dev would ban us or our guilds would kick us.

LOL Now that is funny. Of course, the champ trains are borderline breaking the rules and many bot accounts have been banned for doing exactly the same thing and the 3 who did the champ out of turn are more playing as the game is intended. For me, I tend to play with the train simply because it’s faster and the faster I get dailies done, the faster I can play more meaningful content. But I wouldn’t think twice about jumping on a champ in the middle of the train if I were in a hurry and the train just waiting somewhere. Then let then warn me of video and whatever, then then get blocked, or if I’m in a particularly bad mood, they get reported for threatening me.

And I recall a particularly nice moment where a few folks at Frostgorge Sound politely asked the train to skip the Quaggan so that they could tackle it on their own. There was a universal response of approval and folks cheered them on and did not interfere.

Awesome!!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I personally don’t see anything inherently wrong with the champ trains. I did at one point suggest that the EXP from the events have some sort of DR to deter continuous farming in Queensdale. This was primarily because of the hostile environment that I often saw when someone rightfully killed a champ out of order. If people were respectfully then I honestly could care less.

Posted by: Grimlock.4102

Grimlock.4102

I read this as “I don’t like what other people are doing, so instead of not doing, it I’m going to complain on the forums!”

Yes champ farms are boring, I sometimes will join the one in frostgorge sound if I am only a couple gold away from something I need to buy, but honestly, you can’t assume you know what’s best for everybody. You may not like champ farms but somebody out there might love them.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Omg another started a post about the QD train— AGAIN!—It’s been discused over and over again. Yet another one from a persone who knows best and demands it should be changed just because they don’t like it. So tired of people who demand game changes just because it isn’t their sytle of play. So sad.

Imagi.4561

I think there will always be a few bad apples; but I suspect that your experience is more a reflection of your server than anything else.

While I guest at other servers I’ve found Ehmry Bay to be very pleasant. So long as you’re not going out of your way to ruin the train folks there seem to live and let live.

It’s quite possible that it’s a server issue, and it’s nice to know that there are servers out there that can be cordial to one another. My experiences haven’t been entirely negative, of course, but I’ve seen the champion train at the epicenter of too much conflict to ever consider it a positive fixture overall.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’d prefer it if the champ train was just moved onto a different map. The people running it are probably level 80s…the map’s designed for newcomers.

We could really use those champ trains in Orr. It’s dead. (No pun intended)

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

We could really use those champ trains in Orr.

Orr used to be packed with players, then it was nerfed until it emptied.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

OP I most definitely am not with you. You want to take approximately 40 players ( average train on two EU servers, morning and peak ) and force them to play elsewhere. You will loose them in the lifelessness. Oh sure, some will move, if motivated, most will find an alternative farm and the rest will simply walk away.

Please do not forget; The players in the train paid good money for the right to play the game how they see fit.

Also; Some note worthy historic figures also used paternalism as an excuse for some pretty excessive acts.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Killing the champ train would be rubbish imho. I have 10 alt’s and outwith Guild Chat I don’t really talk to anyone else in the game until I go to the champ farm on my alt’s. Sure some knobs can occasionally be rude if you disrupt the choo choo but some players kick others before the end of dungeons too which is surely a much bigger issue?

Champ train is a hell of a nice place to go to after doing more attention demanding things in the game where you can just chill and shoot the breeze, kill and get loot.

It could be argued that the maps are empty because of champ farming but I doubt it. The rewards elsewhere need to be tweaked to make more things equally rewarding so people don’t make a b-line to anything resembling a reward for time spent. Players choices are not the issue here, more the lack of.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

The queensdale champ zerg is an example of the downside of the dynamic lootscaling system. Its suposed to be one happy guildwars family helping eachother. Instead its misused by high level farmers who want maximum reward with no effort wathsoever. Hammering down low level champs who will buckle in 5 seconds under pressure of the great zerg ball of dead. Not a good start for the new adventurers exploring the beautiful lands of Kryta. When new players get their first champ in sight its propably down before they even reach it, or they get verbal abuse if they are fortunate to get there first.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

The queensdale champ zerg is an example of the downside of the dynamic lootscaling system. Its suposed to be one happy guildwars family helping eachother. Instead its misused by high level farmers who want maximum reward with no effort wathsoever. Hammering down low level champs who will buckle in 5 seconds under pressure of the great zerg ball of dead. Not a good start for the new adventurers exploring the beautifull lands of Kryta.

If the rest of the game isn’t inviting enough for new players to go explore, then that player is at least hanging out with other players instead of playing on empty maps and getting possible guild invites while also asking for advice. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

how much do you guys make per hour running those queensdale champ train in terms of “guaranteed gold” ?

i usually join it for dailies only, coz i make my gold another method….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

When in doubt, use force.

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Imo they should increase the drop rate of champs slightly in a different zone each day.

That way the champ trains would at least move around and more of the world would be experienced.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I personally think that killing low level champions should reward low level loot (this would help with the Silver Doubloon problem, if done correctly). I am not opposed to trains, but I think they should be level appropriate. If you want level 80 loot, hit Frostgorge Sound or Orr.

This is common sense right here.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think an increased respawn time on all the champs would fix the problem nicely.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m tired so I’ll skip reading the whole thread tonight. I’ll come back and read it all later.

However, I do want to make a suggestion that’s been floating around in my head for a while… change the events.

Let’s say that 19 out of 20 times, the event goes off as it does now. Maybe 49 in 50. Or even 99 in 100. But that one time… things change.

Maybe the Aetherblades drop in during the battle and try to kill the players. Or maybe there’s a band of monster slaying adventurers that show up and try to eliminate the competition. Or maybe the champion summons help. Whatever happens, the new event needs to look the same at first, and then suddenly spring the change on everyone. Say at the 75% or 50% HP mark. And the new event MUST scale to size, you don’t want to overly punish the small groups out to kill the champion, you want to throw a (possibly rewarding) wrench into the works and make the zerg think on their feet.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

I’m not against champ train, I actually enjoy it from time to time whenever I feel like doing it (2~3 times a week for like 1 hour) with the exception of queensdale’s champ train, or any other starting zone champ train, those simply don’t belong there.

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I’d prefer it if the champ train was just moved onto a different map. The people running it are probably level 80s…the map’s designed for newcomers.

I happen to be leveling up two chars and I use the train on occasion for that purpose. I’m not looking to speed level and I find this to be a good way to level up and get good loot.

As for the OP, how about if the devs give something better for players to do instead of nerfing something to death? After most people migrate to the next best thing, they could then “improve” Queensdale. That’s the smart thing to do.

An immediate consequence for the sort of paternalism you ask is resentment. You’re asking for a perfect rage-storm with very little return. There’s no point in aggravating a lot of players on “killing” something that is very popular without good alternatives.

In the meantime: if you don’t like it, don’t do it.

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You are not my father and I’m glad of that.

Do not ever think that what you are doing is for my good. You have no right to even suggest that it will be good for me. I and I alone get to decide that. I am an adult and can make such decisions for myself thank you.

I did not once attend a meeting saying that I wish to give up liberty and authority. You have some nerve to even suggest that I would accept such a communist sentiment.

Do not ever insult me in your manner again.

Champ farm is fine. You don’t like it, don’t do it but don’t try to screw others that do run it just because you don’t like it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

“Just because I don’t like doing it, others shouldn’t have fun doing it either.” Makes sense.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

There’s a real issue with how rewards are spread between different activities.

For example, there’s no profit at all on wandering around the world completing different dynamic events.
If there were some nice and distinct daily rewards attached to every DE, adequately adjusted based on duration, spawn rate, … to prevent “farming spots”, then the world could be improved polishing the existing ones and adding a lot of new ones for an overall better game experience.
Some time ago a dev posted that they had introduced a good amount of new DEs and they’ve not received any feedback about them. Not good, not bad, just none.
It makes total sense btw when you look at how rewarding they are :P

I don’t know how much gold Queensdale champion trait neats, but I can easily get over 1.5 gold profit just by mining platinum at Mount Maelstrom for barely 10 minutes (and I can do it with as many charcaters as I want). That’s just stupid :P

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I dont like doing it, but if others do good. Who am I to tell others what to do for fun in a game. I sometimes join them on Desolation either in queensdale or frostgorge and while there has been some map chat problems with people that do not want to train, most of the time it’s just fun in chat.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

There are five newbie zones to level up in. New players can just use the Asura gates in LA to travel to any of the other four zones if the Champ train in Queensdale really bothers them that much.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it. It’s simple, fun and rewarding. It’s natural that players would immediately seek out more efficient means of attaining gold or achievements and this happens in any game. I enjoyed the interaction you get with other players too.

If level 80 content were a little more fleshed out, you wouldn’t see trains like this occurring in low level zones at all.

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

It does me good to solo champs in Queensdale.

And then mention on map chat to the karma train “Troll dead!”
Yeah, me gusta!

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

There are five newbie zones to level up in. New players can just use the Asura gates in LA to travel to any of the other four zones if the Champ train in Queensdale really bothers them that much.

Personally I don’t see a problem with it. It’s simple, fun and rewarding. It’s natural that players would immediately seek out more efficient means of attaining gold or achievements and this happens in any game. I enjoyed the interaction you get with other players too.

If level 80 content were a little more fleshed out, you wouldn’t see trains like this occurring in low level zones at all.

real new players don’t know about the asura gates or that they can just travel to other zones- why would they?
What if they roll a human?

Queensdale train is just too stacked- it counts for dailies, monthlies, karma, events and the champs are on short re-spawn and trigger able.

Go to any other map except FS and you will find it filled with champs running around unmolested.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Didn’t bother reading this thread.

But I think anet should work on decreasing the inflation instead of taking away things people… ehm.. likes? doing.

This is a major problem with this game, people will always select the most steady and optimal way of making gold over doing other things when it’s gold they’re after.

Why would someone stay to do a generic event without champions for making 2.41 silvers and 200 karma anyways, when it’s possible to kill 3 champions in that time and make 20+ silvers and more karma.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

totally support this.

Champions should start dropping their 100% guaranteed loots just only at max level.
And the loots received from the champs in beginner territories should be massively lesser worth, without a chance for precursors, not T7 mats ect.

The loot bags of champions should contain materials correspondign to the difficulty of the map.
Level 1-15 = T1
Lvl 16-30 = T2
Lvl 31-45 = T3
Lvl 46-60 = T4
Lvl 61-75 =T5
Lvl 76-80=T6 or T7 having both basically a 50% chance (this will also reduce the massive income of T7 mats for bloodstone dust/ascendent fragments)

If people want to farm champions for maximum loot/gold making ect. people should do this in the endgame maps like Orr or Frostgourge Sound or regarding which kind of materials they want to farm, in the other maps…

People should fight champions everywhere and not just only in 2 maps, only because of havign chances for precursors and it beign most efficiently for making quite soem gold too ect.

Precursor drop chance should have only champions in high end maps from level 75+ onwards

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Didn’t bother reading this thread.

But I think anet should work on decreasing the inflation instead of taking away things people… ehm.. likes? doing.

This is a major problem with this game, people will always select the most steady and optimal way of making gold over doing other things when it’s gold they’re after.

Why would someone stay to do a generic event without champions for making 2.41 silvers and 200 karma anyways, when it’s possible to kill 3 champions in that time and make 20+ silvers and more karma.

Which is why (DR discussion and issues aside) all things should be equally rewarding for the same amount of effort. And there is no extra effort in doing speed runs of dungeon paths, before someone starts in with the whole risk/reward thing, which might have been true in 1999 or 2004, but it’s just non-existent, at least in this game. I’ve been on those speed runs. It takes the same effort (though often more time) to roam around and get your daily done.

DR aside (they will do what they will do to govern how much money comes into the economy), I should be able to make the same amount of money doing my daily for 2 hours, or doing some DEs across the world for 2 hours, or doing easy dungeon speed runs for 2 hours, of WvW for 2 hours.

Then everyone just picks what is fun (or socially pressured to do in their virtual communities), and you start collecting some real metrics.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

You know, Im quite curious…

I know this quote was part of the almighty manifesto, and I hate to bring it up, and I know the manifesto is out dated by time and…a few…misleadings on arenanet’s part…BUT when Colin says "Hey, I swung a sword, Hey I swung a sword again. " he is referring to combat being boring and grindy.

Well, these queensdale champ trains promote just that. Just stand there infront of Troll or Boar, and have 1 on auto attack. Get credit, get your champ bag, move on.

So in essence, they have encouraged exactly what they said they dont want to do. Whether or not they meant the don’t create grindy GAMES or create grindy COMBAT, they messed up on both fronts.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

Queensdale Champion Train is wonderful, relaxing and you can clear your mind. It is peaceful, and this game does not have so much peaceful places after all.

I have level up most of my characters just opening maps and doing all hearts, and doing most of the events on the way. It is stressing, boring, lonely business. It is like playing single player game in MMO world. If I see on the road like 5 people on the same area where I am, that is lucky. In this way I earn like 8 – 9 gold on the road, when I do all hearts and most of the events. But when I jump in the Queensdale train, in a day I can earn more money. I just smash all white, blue, green and yellow items, and end of the day I will sell all those materials and get my money. I only save those exotics ones.

Most of all, I can see other players in Queensdale Champion Train, we are many, we have fun, but most of all, I can leave all stress from my sholders and finally enjoy the game.

So let the train go on. Those who don’t like Queensdale Champion Train, they don’t need to jump in. But those who likes it, let them have it.

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

Queensdale Champion Train is wonderful, relaxing and you can clear your mind. It is peaceful, and this game does not have so much peaceful places after all.

I have level up most of my characters just opening maps and doing all hearts, and doing most of the events on the way. It is stressing, boring, lonely business. It is like playing single player game in MMO world. If I see on the road like 5 people on the same area where I am, that is lucky. In this way I earn like 8 – 9 gold on the road, when I do all hearts and most of the events. But when I jump in the Queensdale train, in a day I can earn more money. I just smash all white, blue, green and yellow items, and end of the day I will sell all those materials and get my money. I only save those exotics ones.

Most of all, I can see other players in Queensdale Champion Train, we are many, we have fun, but most of all, I can leave all stress from my sholders and finally enjoy the game.

So let the train go on. Those who don’t like Queensdale Champion Train, they don’t need to jump in. But those who likes it, let them have it.

I agree 100% with you

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Don’t blame the players for champion farming. Blame ANet for having a terrible reward system. I miss playing MMOs where running dungeons actually DROPPED high end, but it was down to luck. I loathe how we have to farm out lives out then max crafts to get best gear. I hate crafting and imo it should be optional, which it WAS until recently. Hell Exotics (bound when picked up) should drop all the time in dungeons, and ascended BoP with random stats in fractals. Then it comes down to luck but at least you’re seeing cool kitten. The system they have now is boring and grindy. I’m find with grindy if you at least have a CHANCE to randomly get upgrades/cool stuff. I’d rather get BoP Ascended armor every so often from the last bosses of dungeons (even just once a day) and have a chance of getting the good stats you want, rather than grinding my face away then leveling boring and expensive trades just to have good armor. Talk about a zzz fest.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)