Kormir 2.0? (GW1-Spoiler)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Since even the announcement mentioned it: Once again we go forward to defeat a dangerous human god in Elona.

Here’s the GW1-Spoiler: For those who don’t know from the first game, back then that menacing god was Abbadon. In the end he was killed and someone had to take up the godly essence and power left behind.
So who jumped up? Kormir, a blinded sunspear-warrior at that time. Our PCs, who did defeat a god, stepped aside and ushered one of the sidekick in to become a human god.

And now we hunt Balthazar, the god of fire, war and (apparently) treachery.
The god who had a fresh serving of bloodstone magic and primordous power.
If the pattern continues, someone will have to absorb all that essence and power.

I just hope it won’t be such a letdown as with Kormir. Like Logan suddenly hopping out from the back and doing a flipflop into the energies.
Aurene would make some sense to absorb Balthazars residue, but I’m kinda conflicted to have that cute little dragon absorb the essence of the god of war.
Well, here’s hoping for some solid plot.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Pfft… Kormir is a great and cherished character and she will do what’s right by us mortals come this next expansion no doubt about it.

The second Balthazar falls the great god Kormir will spring into action out of nowhere kicking Treahearne aside and claiming what’s truly belongs to her. Sneaking in for the win she will absorb the power of Balthazar and the Dragons becoming Kormir the double dragon god you’ll have to praise her twice as much and she’ll ignore your prayers four times as usual. It will be a glorious new age for the most deserving god in history.

Posted by: Meanma.5623

Meanma.5623

Like Logan suddenly hopping out from the back and doing a flipflop into the energies.

It will be Rytlock doing that.

“Later, cub.”

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Well I am really hoping Kormir reappears and isn’t crazy. We’re going to the Crystal Desert, and we’re dealing with a god, so now is their chance to make Kormir shine. Not to do so would be a huge missed opportunity.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Like Logan suddenly hopping out from the back and doing a flipflop into the energies.

“Later, cub.”

Please let it be so.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

“Later, cub.”

Please let it be so.

I’ve been telling my guildmates since Balthazar returned that I wondered if Rytlock would be the one to take his place.

I could see this turning the gods from just being the “human” gods.

Posted by: Meanma.5623

Meanma.5623

“Later, cub.”

Please let it be so.

I’ve been telling my guildmates since Balthazar returned that I wondered if Rytlock would be the one to take his place.

I could see this turning the gods from just being the “human” gods.

Rely on Iron Rytlock, not false gods.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

“Later, cub.”

I’m afraid you’re right.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

“Later, cub.”

I’m afraid you’re right.

The irony of a Charr god…. I wouldn’t put it past their writers.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

The irony of a Charr god…. I wouldn’t put it past their writers.

First Eir. Then Trahearne. Then Logan (though he’s not dead…). Still not sure about Zojja. And now Rytlock. Leaving me with Whiny Posterior-hurt (aka Braham), Miss Hiccup, Deus Ex Taimi, and I-got-a-bomb-dropped-on-me (aka Marjory). Great. At least Rox still has my back. Right, Rox. Rox? Rox?

(edited by Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946)

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

What about Evennia?
She is vengeful … perfect for the god of war :P

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Really? Rytlock?!
Another god with a blindfold?!
Though I admit: He would still be the only current NPC that would be somewhat qualified.

All the other wimps are out of question in my judgement…which is exactly why I fear Anet might pick one of them.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Braham is missing from the whole expansion, just to jump from an airship into the energies right at the end and becomes the new douchy god of war…urgh.