Kraitkin and other pointless legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: menjensen.1927

menjensen.1927

Just wondering if Anet has said anything of upgrading the current legendaries that currently are just a cool skin. Kraitkin i feel suffers the most from this as do the minstrel and howler.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

all legendaries are just “cool skins”, they don’t have any extra damage or power.
Kraitkin is still a nice trident and it has an awesome glow effect (during the night)

I don’t know the effects of the other legendaries.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

hoewhoew got this. Legendaries are not meant to be all that superior to other weapons… just cool looking.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

what do you feel is missing … underwater footprints?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

Didn’t ANet state somewhere that as soon as they release Ascended Weapons they will bump up the damage of Legendaries as well? I always assumed they meant they’ll bump it up to equal the damage of these future ascended weapons, but maybe they’ll make Legendaries even more powerful.

My only guess though is that in order to balance that out, they’ll also have to have full Ascended armor available to restore the armor/weapon dmg balance.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

Posted by: menjensen.1927

menjensen.1927

Footprints for the land based legendaries would be nice since not having them makes them far less desirable. Idk I did not know about the glow on the kraitkin that sounds cool and maybe it could leave a glowing trail or something. I just feel like they tried on a bunch of legendaries and then the last couple they got lazy or something.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Kraitkin will be the second legendary I go for…I’m very close now to getting the Predator. Honestly, I think it looks AWESOME. I’m not sure I want them to change it.

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Kraitkin will be the second legendary I go for…I’m very close now to getting the Predator. Honestly, I think it looks AWESOME. I’m not sure I want them to change it.

Same here, I think it looks awesome. I just finished my FSP and can’t face another Legendary quest right now, but if I ever do another one it will be that one.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

I think Howler got an update 2 months ago. Now it gives foggy footprints and the player is coated in fog, leaves a foggy trail.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Didn’t ANet state somewhere that as soon as they release Ascended Weapons they will bump up the damage of Legendaries as well? I always assumed they meant they’ll bump it up to equal the damage of these future ascended weapons, but maybe they’ll make Legendaries even more powerful.

My only guess though is that in order to balance that out, they’ll also have to have full Ascended armor available to restore the armor/weapon dmg balance.

Yes they did say this. The legendaries will be the same stats as ascended weapons. They also warned about transmuting stats on current legendary weapons.

That said; I love the Kraitkin. So if I can’t ever hope to get the regular versions LB/GS/SB/Axe for my main I’ll go for that one instead.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued