Kudzu and the new legendary longbow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Dear Anet,

I’ve been playing this game since….forever and i love archers in video games so when i started playing this game i had to create an archer so i picked the Ranger.

The weapon an archer uses it’s obviously a bow,I don’t like shortbows,i actually like huge bows.

To get to the point,my Ranger is 3 years old and i always wanted a legendary bow for him but i couldn’t see any legendary bows,because my Ranger is not a Sylvari or a female char or whatever Kudzu is supposed to be for.
From the day i learned about legendaries and Kudzu i was disappointed.

The flower bow it’s not something i would be proud to achieve.

Anet,please,this time when you create a legendary longbow do it EPIC,make it scream EPICNESS!!!

Thank you!

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

What about a vampire themed bow? I think bats trailing smoke and sparkles would be great projectiles while the footsteps give sparkles. The character would emit a pale glow with sparkles. Juggernaut shouldn’t be the only legendary to give cool armor effects. The bow itself would look silver with gargoyle and bat wing accents.

Nury.3062

What about a vampire themed bow? I think bats trailing smoke and sparkles would be great projectiles while the footsteps give sparkles. The character would emit a pale glow with sparkles. Juggernaut shouldn’t be the only legendary to give cool armor effects. The bow itself would look silver with gargoyle and bat wing accents.

Sounds ok…..but almost everything sounds better than flower bow…

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I agree OP :/. I’m considering getting Kudzu, but it just doesn’t seem awesome to me…

I currently use shadow longbow, and I love it. It looks big, even on an asura, and has a dark, shadowy effect.

If I do get Kudzu it just be because I like the sound of saying I have another legendary.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How about a legendary Greatbow like this?

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Eww no

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

The Zodiac longbow and Dragon’s Jade Hornbow have been my favorites for a while. I’m not a fan of flowery weapons either, legendary or not

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m a fan of Dreamer. It took me years to get it, but darned if I’m not thrilled with it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I like Dreamer and Kudzu also also, and I’m a guy. I think this whole weird machismo of “I’m a dude so I can’t like flowers or colors” in our culture needs to go.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m a fan of Dreamer. It took me years to get it, but darned if I’m not thrilled with it.

You missed when The Dreamer made an epic ‘projectile’ sound (like divine magic flowing to your target, like it was struck by an angel).

They now made it a pure unicorn shout. I’m still not ‘used’ to it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Agemnon.4608

I have the Dreamer and like it. I got it when it had the original projectiles (new projectiles are a welcomed change though) but it’s a short bow and some people are still complaining about the obnoxious noise spam. I can’t hear it anymore but apparently some still can

Need more weather, supernatural (I don’t mean the show although Abaddon is a cool reference) and animal themed legendaries since those tend to be epic yet safe. A lion themed greatsword and tiger themed hammer for example.

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

I agree with the OP, I will never take Kudzu in hands, not unless to transform it right away. I like bows, and I like them to be bows, not toys. Unfortunately, current weapons set consists of toys, mainly. ((

P.S. Using Sunless skin for mine.

Doggie.3184

The sound makes my ears bleed.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

SBI community is still waiting for bowbear legendary bow which fires out bears.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

But… Kudzu IS epic.
But opinions I guess….

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I like Dreamer and Kudzu also also, and I’m a guy. I think this whole weird machismo of “I’m a dude so I can’t like flowers or colors” in our culture needs to go.

You’re my favorite person right now. If you’re on NA servers, I’m sending you something as a ‘thank you’ for this post.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The Zodiac longbow and Dragon’s Jade Hornbow have been my favorites for a while. I’m not a fan of flowery weapons either, legendary or not

Zodiac Longbow was my favorite before i had Kudzu .. bought it even 3 times before
we got the wardrobe.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Agemnon.4608

SBI community is still waiting for bowbear legendary bow which fires out bears. :3

No, bear themed weapon will be a mace. It will combine with moot in a similar manner to dawn/twilight for a party bear theme ^_^

Well, I shouldn’t say “will” but rather is just my personal vision, which means nothing :(

I like the idea of a bear themed bow, but some vampire or werewolf themed legendary is needed and werewolf dagger and vampire longbow seem to fit.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Some guys I know create ONLY female humanoid characters as far as I know.
For people like them, ofc they’d feel like Kudza / Dreamer is a good choice.

For people like me who create male characters or a big variety of non-humanoid races, I really dislike the idea of Kudza and Dreamer, which overly emphasize on some niche things I do not really like.

It’s good to see it for funzie, but I would not put so much effort into something as niche as that, especially when it doesn’t fit 90% of my characters.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

A Legendary Longbow For The Rest Of Us

The problem with The Dreamer is that it’s a shortbow, which denies it to longbow users. The solution, of course, is obvious.

I proudly propose…

The Screamer

Instead of unicorns, The Screamer would fire alicorns — winged unicorns — at least twice as large as The Dreamer’s equine projectiles. Their majestic wings would unfold broadly across the battlefield, blinding both friend and foe alike to the action below.

Never to be outdone, The Screamer’s particle effects would include bright, multicolored twinkling stars, each capable of bringing even the most powerful multi-card graphics hotrods to their knees with unoptimized single-digit framerates.

Players will stand in awe as they witness the cumbrous procession of The Screamer’s giant winged unicorns lurching triumphantly across their stuttering screens.

Ah, but why is it called “The Screamer”, you ask?

This longbow would literally scream EPICNESS by being more than twice as loud, and twice as shrill, as The Dreamer, with each whinnied shriek enhanced by state-of-the-art reverberation technology guaranteed to leave ears ringing for ages to come.

Yes, my friends, at long last, the time has come.

UNLEASH THE SCREAMER!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Agemnon.4608

I’m personally satisfied with the pony references we already have, maybe give other fandoms a legendary? We already have a Batman sword and pistol (though they aren’t legendaries) so maybe a longbow that shoots out Supermen, but lawyer friendly.

Or quaggans, when in doubt always go with quaggans.

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

So happy you said it, was wondering of I was the only one that was taken aback by the machism in the OP

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Ok ok, you guys. I was going to say something about how I wish The Dreamer had an option “Whinny/Don’t Whinny” component, but that seemed sort of rude, given it’s a PonyBow™ and I should be willing to take the whole package or not choose it at all.

I have only had a couple of occasions when I’ve been asked “Can you turn that off?” and once when I was asked “What IS that sound.” I do admit, it’s a little… noticeable. But the whole visual is so splendid that I’m ok with that small drawback. ( ~nudge~ Get the ranger ref? draw-back????)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Zodiac Longbow was my favorite before i had Kudzu .. bought it even 3 times before we got the wardrobe.

I love that one, too! I use it for my LB, since I have the other for my shortie

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

The bottom line is in all things cosmetic, legendaries and outfits etc, we need less ‘Friendship is Magic My Little Pony’ items and more ‘Death Metal Viking Riding a Flaming T-Rex’.

Agemnon.4608

The bottom line is in all things cosmetic, legendaries and outfits etc, we need less ‘Friendship is Magic My Little Pony’ items and more ‘Death Metal Viking Riding a Flaming T-Rex’.

We don’t need less per se but rather have enough but agree a T-Rex themed legendary would be awesome. It would make for an excellent theme for a sword since T-Rex is king of the dinosaurs…but lions are king of the jungle so a greatsword would be good for lions. Either way would be alright since both are leadership animals and a cool T-Rex not this feathered stuff like they did with the raptors.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I always liked dragos flatbow in gw1 for it being that classic huge bow

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/f/f3/Drago%27s_Flatbow.jpg

let me entertain you

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Selectable footfalls and graphic effects would have been nice. Story driven accomplishments would have been nice. Lots of thought would have been nice.
I, at this point, do not think that any legendary is nothing more than a skin with a whole lotta grinding without any lore infused into the history or meaning of the weapons.
I have a kudzu, and I like it, bit it is just another skin to me, it really has no meaning out of game, or in game. I think that is sad.
Just my sad humble opinion.
Caladbolg would have been a good choice for a Legendary Weapon. It would have had meaning to the story line and to the players.

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I’m a hetro guy with all male chars and both Dreamer and Kudzu. I think they’re both awesome, I mean what’s more metal than exploding rainbow death ponies?

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Nury.3062

I’m a hetro guy with all male chars and both Dreamer and Kudzu. I think they’re both awesome, I mean what’s more metal than exploding rainbow death ponies?

You want to make it sound cooler….might be for you but for my taste,sounds like immaturity(i don’t call you immature,i call the weapons “purpose” immature)
Flowers and Ponies…i don’t think i have to say more…

(After reading what i wrote…i sound rude….it’s not supposed to be…)

(edited by Nury.3062)

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Kudzu may be one of the game’s most effeminate weapons but I don’t think guys should be too choosy. I haven’t seen girls who are by nature timid and girly, whose only options are ugly, manly, and sinister looking equipment, complain about it.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Doggie.3184

Reminds me of how much I want a Kung Fury headband for my Thief.

My favorite Legendary weapon personally is Kamohoali’i because well.. giant sharks eating people. It’s amazing, violent and terrifying and kinda weird still, in a good way.

Wish it was a Staff instead or usable as both spear/staff since underwater is unfinished/deleted content. Such a waste of an awesome weapon.

They did say during stream they were going to make more serious version of Legendaries for the ones that already have joke themes. So I’m sure the new Legendary LB will be better. I hate Quip and HOPE is a more serious and destructive weapon. I love energy guns.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I agree with OP. There are 2 legendary bow, short bow and long bow. But none of the bow look serious and epic. I don’t intended to craft a legendary bow so I don’t really care.

My guildmate who is an archer lover he was quite upset about legendary bow.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

It’s not a bow that any of my male characters or my Female Ranger will ever use because I think it looks silly and sounds annoying. Whoever thought that a screaming bow was epic, all I can ask is please don’t let them design anything else.

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

I’m a girl And I won’t touch Dreamer. Maybe, MAYBE on another character. Bit I play a gloomy thief….
I’m trying to make kudzu for my friend though. She plays a sylvari so it’s appropriate.
I actually don’t benefit from any legendaries. I’m a daredevil and enjoying the staff but there Aren’t any appropriate Legendary staffs. OP, do what I do. There are plenty of long bow skins That fit the epic theme. Just skin an ascended. The biggest benefit of a legendary is the skin. Stat swapping isn’t even that hard on ascended.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

Nury.3062

I’m a girl And I won’t touch Dreamer. Maybe, MAYBE on another character. Bit I play a gloomy thief….
I’m trying to make kudzu for my friend though. She plays a sylvari so it’s appropriate.
I actually don’t benefit from any legendaries. I’m a daredevil and enjoying the staff but there Aren’t any appropriate Legendary staffs. OP, do what I do. There are plenty of long bow skins That fit the epic theme. Just skin an ascended. The biggest benefit of a legendary is the skin. Stat swapping isn’t even that hard on ascended.

I own many longbow skins,well,i own all the skins i like but it’s about the legendary,the journey to create it ,the fulfillment feeling you have after creating it…I want that,but i have no reason to do it …

Snow.2506

I guess you could always go for a melee weapon on your weapon swap. If you get a legendary bow I hope they do a melee staff.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

Nury.3062

I guess you could always go for a melee weapon on your weapon swap. If you get a legendary bow I hope they do a melee staff.

The problem with legendary staff, the 2nd legendary staff was released so,no hopes for melee staff atm but there is still hope for the longbow.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I would love to see a Long bow of Elements as the new legendary. Where each of the 1 – 5 skills has its own element. That’d be kinda neat.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Reminds me of how much I want a Kung Fury headband for my Thief.

YES. YES. YES.

This absolutely needs to happen.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I would love to see a Long bow of Elements as the new legendary. Where each of the 1 – 5 skills has its own element. That’d be kinda neat.

But what would the fifth element be?

Ah, I see what you did there.

Okay, I’m in.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Ok ok, you guys. I was going to say something about how I wish The Dreamer had an option “Whinny/Don’t Whinny” component, but that seemed sort of rude, given it’s a PonyBow™ and I should be willing to take the whole package or not choose it at all.

I have only had a couple of occasions when I’ve been asked “Can you turn that off?” and once when I was asked “What IS that sound.” I do admit, it’s a little… noticeable. But the whole visual is so splendid that I’m ok with that small drawback. ( ~nudge~ Get the ranger ref? draw-back????)

but when will we see the next 3 legendaries? Why can’t we see them all? I get why they can’t be released all at once, but why not show them all so now one wastes their time going for a legendary that isn’t as good to them as the new one is?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Sounds ok…..but almost everything sounds better than flower bow…

I can understand not liking Kudzu because it’s too flowery. But to simultaneous dislike Kudzu for it’s flowery theme and implied girlishness while liking what is clearly a sparkly teen vampire angst inspired bow seems weird to me.

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Given that the longbow is a throwback to Diana and Artemis (roman and greek goddesses of the hunt respectively) I think that any character you make is exactly who it was made for.

Snow.2506

The problem with legendary staff, the 2nd legendary staff was released so,no hopes for melee staff atm but there is still hope for the longbow.

Don’t get me started on that. They had the chance…the CHANCE to add a melee legendary staff with 2 classes now using melee staffs… And didn’t. The Lightward Battle staff goes a way to make up for it though. I’m not a fan of overly flashy, so who’s to say I’d like their idea of a legendary melee staff anyway. Nevermore is perfect though for any caster I might play.
I’d never use a long bow, but I wouldn’t complain if that’s in the next batch of legendary weapons.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

“The flower bow it’s not something i would be proud to achieve.”

Why? That’s like saying sparkles & cosmic foottrails from the twilight/sunrise aren’t something to be proud of.

Get a grip- it’s An epic bow no matter the gender (bc it’s implied, even if noone else saw it). It screams epicness, Hell, your footsteps ARE nature. So it’s not just a “flower bow”- it’s magical vines, leaves, petals & a dryad holding a golden spear- comes off more godlike to me. More than epic.

your idea of epicness is probably what most people loathe, and the kudzu is for whoever wants it- so not sure what you mean by “whoever supposed to be for”

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Yes please. I’m sick of seeing threads about these weapons always associated with “for girls.” People will like what they like, etc.

Signed, a female who thinks theyre ugly as sin.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Yes please. I’m sick of seeing threads about these weapons always associated with “for girls.” People will like what they like, etc.

Signed, a female who thinks theyre ugly as sin.

The problem is not whether they are feminine or masculin, but that they are ONLY feminine or masculin. In this game if you are a girl, you can wear sexy or cute armor, and if you are a guy you can weary manly or bad-kitten armor. It shouldn’t be like that, if a man wants to wear cute or sexy armor, there should be that option, and if a girl and epic or realistic looking armor, that should exist too. Now I understand these stereo types are typicall in games, but gw2 is all about breaking the mold and representing all of their player base, so I think it would be cool to see more armors that allow more freedom of choice and expression.

And in this case one shouldnt have to make a choice, either get a legendary that happens to be feminine or don’t get a legendary at all. So I don’t think that is quite right either.

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

So,you would try to ignore something which is present from days when Adam and Eve played with toys in sand?

Yes…sure

If you as a guy,love having female looking weapons,and armors,feel free to do so,but do not try spread your way of thinking on us.I like to use pink and olive on my Lunatic Outfit,and i do love some flowers,but,what is wrong,it is wrong.Just look at some weapons and new things they added in GemStore.Me as a male,i do not like to have shiny pink backpack,or some other “Flower child” type of weapon.When i saw bow shooting pony,i was deeply disappointed in ArenaNet.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

“The flower bow it’s not something i would be proud to achieve.”

Why? That’s like saying sparkles & cosmic foottrails from the twilight/sunrise aren’t something to be proud of.

Get a grip- it’s An epic bow no matter the gender (bc it’s implied, even if noone else saw it). It screams epicness, Hell, your footsteps ARE nature. So it’s not just a “flower bow”- it’s magical vines, leaves, petals & a dryad holding a golden spear- comes off more godlike to me. More than epic.

your idea of epicness is probably what most people loathe, and the kudzu is for whoever wants it- so not sure what you mean by “whoever supposed to be for”

Wait a sec,you said to that guy get a grip,yet you explained whole fairytale about having a flower looking bow.Nice imagination,i guess you are the one who needs to

Get a grip