LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I have a theory: I propose that from start (placing your LFG ad) to finish (clearing dungeon), overall time would be faster if you accepted anyone, than if you waited around booting people for not having your gear requirements.

I mean is it better to have a 15min run, but you have to wait 15min to form your awesome super group, or a 20min run but you start instantly? Let’s also assume you are playing with experienced players, just no zerker gear, so absolutely no wipes.

If the whole point of zerker gear is for run speed, then clearly use of time is important, so how much time is wasted filtering out “non-zerker noobs” so you can actually start your run.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Foe Wig.3095

Foe Wig.3095

My favorite, is when they ask “What gear your wearing” I reply: “Zerk” (lol but its not) Finish dungeon as usual…and then at end you see chat saying “Zerk” FTW and “Thats why Zerk only is only way”

Meanwhile they dont realize atleast 2 out of the 5 were not wearing zerk gear.

#PLAYFORFUN

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I like to make parties named “absolutely no zerkers allowed” because I don’t want to spend the entire run scraping you off the floor.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I like to make parties named “absolutely no zerkers allowed” because I don’t want to spend the entire run scraping you off the floor.

This comment never gets old.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

This comment never gets old.

It’s a classic!

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Foe Wig, that’s why gearcheck exists. I dislike not to be able to trust, but when I create a party of zerkers and I see 2 spin attacks on Kholer I always ask for a gearcheck. Then your lie will be out. Oh so you’ll buy zerker things to tell us you’re zerk? Good, but since you bought it, why not use it? You’ll enjoy more than thinking about “yeah, I owned this group, they thought I was zerk, but I’m not”.

#KidMentality

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I really wish I recorded the Arah I did with a fully ascended PVT mace/shield warrior with dolyak runes where the whole group faceplanted and I ended up having to finish off Lupicus solo.

Seeing the “I res zerkers off the floor” remarks gets old when you carry pugs through Arah every day while in full glass cannon. Their PVT specs do absolutely nothing, the fact of the matter is:

Bad players die, good players don’t, bad players stacking passive damage mitigation don’t die either.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

The reason zerk-groups work is because the DPS is so high that the target/s die before they can harm the group. Currently, having the entire team in zerk is over-kill. It’s FUN over-kill, but not really required to make the team successful — non-zerk pugs are just a tad slower and less fun.

I understand why DPS and Zerk works. I would also concur that if you advertise in your LFG request for certain types of players that should be honored. But what I most vehemently disagree with is that this is FUN. It is not challenging and it is certainly not FUN. For me, strategy and tactics and a well-fought tooth-and-nail experience is FUN. Sadly, that’s almost never the case in this game.

Which is why I find myself playing the game less and less. If it were not for the fact that the game does not have a monthly subscriber fee and I have friends who play the game I would probably quit altogether. And this is why I played Deep Fritz last night in a game of chess. To me, that was FUN, even though after a couple of hours I lost the game. (I always set the computer to be slightly better than me.)

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Here we go with another thread which causes me to feel woe for humanity.

“Lol zerk bads” “lol zerk no skill” “lolpvt4eva” y’all don’t seem to get that if it was sooooooo easy then everyone would be soloing Lupicus. But you aren’t, and you can’t, and it’s hard for some of us even in 5 player parties to do a fight in less time than a coordinated skilled player can solo.

I get that you don’t want to feel inferior…. But when you say stuff like this it’s just… Sad. :/

Edit: btw OP I think your idea is great.

Lupicus really isn’t that hard. I’ve soloed him on my Cleric/soldier Guardian, my Berserker/Valk thief, and my knights/soldiers necro. It’s not really even the armor it’s about knowing the fight.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Lilith Ajit.6173

“Lol zerk bads” “lol zerk no skill” “lolpvt4eva” y’all don’t seem to get that if it was sooooooo easy then everyone would be soloing Lupicus. But you aren’t, and you can’t, and it’s hard for some of us even in 5 player parties to do a fight in less time than a coordinated skilled player can solo.

I get that you don’t want to feel inferior…. But when you say stuff like this it’s just… Sad. :/

Lupicus really isn’t that hard. I’ve soloed him on my Cleric/soldier Guardian, my Berserker/Valk thief, and my knights/soldiers necro. It’s not really even the armor it’s about knowing the fight.

Great for you. This isn’t actually relevant to what I was saying.

Others were saying berserker gear in dungeons require no skill, and non berserker gear does require skill. That’s a false statement. Once you know the fight, you are skilled at that fight. Doesn’t matter what gear you use, except if you use cleric or pvt you don’t even need to dodge.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Now do it without training wheels.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The OP’s suggestion would be unnecessary if other players would just read the LFG tool and respect a group’s requirements.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

The OP’s suggestion would be unnecessary if other players would just read the LFG tool and respect a group’s requirements.

Sadly they don’t. Human nature. Hence the need for barriers.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is true. But can we solve the worlds illiteracy problem in just a couple years?

[ARES]

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

IndigoSundown.5419

I suspect that if someone can read enough to select the path they want, that the real reason for the issue is not illiteracy.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Lilith Ajit.6173

I suspect that if someone can read enough to select the path they want, that the real reason for the issue is not illiteracy.

My comment was actually illustrating that. Supposed to be facetious ! My humor reigns supreme! Arrrrrrggghhh

[ARES]

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

zerks is so op.
i meet so many zerk players in wvw, its getting ridiculous, they just pwn, especially in the zerg meta.
people spend all this time getting full ascended and there is no point in getting anything other than zergs because its so op in any kind of pvp format.
said noone ever.

let the zerk peoples have their dungeons, killing npc’s is only one small part of the endgame content.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

The Zerk only group are quite frankly, full of themselves IMO. There are to many variables in play to have people thinking that only 1 set of gear works best. Such as Guardians using the Toughness to Prec. trait line. Where in my experiences when using knight gear, it does better DPS than Zerk. Critting more often!. I am sure its probably like that with many other builds. Also, I find it funny when Zerk players always think there build is best and they will last longer than others in fight. But usually they are the ones, that the Non Zerks are picking up off the ground. Especially evident in current LA event. If you want to ZERK fine thats your choice, but when every dungeon group is Zerk only and people boot just because they are not zerk geared, becomes a bit ridiculous. Its that kind of thinking that is wrong with LFG system. The closed mindedness of thinking only one gear set or build is viable for a speed run only shows [u]your limited ability to play game efficiently[/u]. Its also that thinking that has made most believe there is no “support” build.

Emm.

You do realize it is more efficient to kill a mob faster then slower – right?

There are "support’ builds but they are inferior to dps builds.

A zerk guardian brings just as much “support” guardian wearing clerics and running an AH build. A zerk guardian has access to Justice, Aegis, Virtus, Reflects and the list goes on and on. A zerk guardian also brings dps to the table. So why would you want to bring a support guardian over a zerk guardian? You gain nothing by doing such.

There is no amount of healing in this game that can offset 1 shots, or stop someone who is playing poorly from dying. Healing in this game is sub par.

Also, due to the dodge mechanics and aegis healing outside of ones self heal is pretty pointless.

That’s the entire issue with this game. DPS is all that matters and the content is designed around the idea that it’s better to kill something before it kills you.
Anything beyond zerk currently is just a waste of a spot.

I have played healers in all other games from eq1 – wow and all games in between. This game offers nothing viable outside of dps specs and gear.

Like it or not – it’s just the way it is.

If you are not doing the absolute most DPS you can for your group are you are dead weight.

P.S. This is speaking from a PvE perceptive.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

“Dungeons so easy just put on zerk press 2 and face roll lupi against a wall so easy fgs exploit corner los stack zerk faceroll loot exploit skip kill”

Yes. Dungeons are so easy, yet apparently so hard people have to pay gold to me to help them get Arah tokens. If it was so face roll, I wouldnt be able to sell Arah paths all day.

Here is a hint: it’s only faceroll when you’ve done it dozens of times and so have the other people in your party. When 5 first-timers do Arah, nobody is face-rolling anything.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

I don’t understand why you guys are turning this into a zerk gear troll thread and ignoring the lfg aspect of it.

It is a simple request, and a very good one. Most of the filters suggested make complete sense. Max level checkbox? Definite must. Exotic gear minimum checkbox? Absolutely. I disagree about the experience filter as that creates a catch-22 for new players, but stat filters? Definitely. If you’re looking for people in zerker gear, why shouldn’t you be able to autoscreen those who would ignore your typed request?

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

But, but how would Anet implement something that would offend so many non-zerker players, who are like 90% of the player base?

I pulled the number out of my kitten bag.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Maybe a new server should be introduced called ’Zerker’s Square’, where all gear is zerker gear.

Don’t see why there should be a special ‘zerker LFG tool’. If you use LFG/search PUGs you will always get a random player. Even if he has zerker gear he can still die every fight. So make a guild or add people to friends list to get a nice group of players who you can zerk dungeons with…

Don’t see how a stat filter is gonna help either, you can equip zerker gear during LFG and then equip different armor in the dungeon… only leads to more trolling and qq (like already people join Arah at end boss and then kick the opener to waste the effort).

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Maybe a new server should be introduced called ’Zerker’s Square’, where all gear is zerker gear.

No comment, although I personally think this is pointless.

Don’t see why there should be a special ‘zerker LFG tool’. If you use LFG/search PUGs you will always get a random player. Even if he has zerker gear he can still die every fight. So make a guild or add people to friends list to get a nice group of players who you can zerk dungeons with…

Yes, that’s right, with an LFG tool you will inevitably get a random puggie. However, this will allow us to prevent play how you wants with their less than optimal builds from completely ignoring what the LFG post states and joining anyway. If they want to link a fake set, it won’t help them, since if they’re not running a DPS setup we will know when the fights start to take longer than they normally should.

Don’t see how a stat filter is gonna help either, you can equip zerker gear during LFG and then equip different armor in the dungeon… only leads to more trolling and qq (like already people join Arah at end boss and then kick the opener to waste the effort).

I’d like to think on the positive side and believe that this is not very likely to happen. My faith in this community hasn’t been broken – yet.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

IndigoSundown.5419

My comment was actually illustrating that. Supposed to be facetious ! My humor reigns supreme! Arrrrrrggghhh

Maybe it’s that my leet reading skills are absent when I first get up… or, maybe it’s that you tried to tell a joke while wearing the wrong gear! :o

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Lilith Ajit.6173

Maybe it’s that my leet reading skills are absent when I first get up… or, maybe it’s that you tried to tell a joke while wearing the wrong gear! :o

Crap forgot to de-equip my Sentinel’s set with Settler trinkets.

[ARES]

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Taurok.6708

Taurok.6708

I support this suggestion, and not just because I want to keep those filthy casuals away from me. I speed-run or teach paths to newbies depending on what mood I’m in. The problem is the way dungeons and gear are designed crams newbies and sub-optimal players into the same content with your elitists, speed-runners and experienced players. These are both perfectly fine play-styles, but they do not mix well. I don’t think one type of player should be expected to group with others who have not made the same sacrifices (in the case of speed-runners) and do not share their style and goals if they don’t want to. And new players will run into some jerks no matter what they do, gauranteed (sub-optimal players aren’t the only ones who don’t always read the description). Keeping these two camps as far from each other as possible is a good idea. So, I approve. Heck, take it even further, if you can.

Again I see nothing but stakcing lupi on a wall and bursting him lol. Its kinda a joke.

Please post your pro vid or solo vid since it’s apparently so easy to do

The encounters allow too much cheese (or the appearance of it) to be really inspiring for some people, regardless of the skill that goes into executing it. It’s like being the World Champion of Knitting. On the one hand, I can appreciate the level of talent and skill that goes into it. On other hand- eh.

My favorite, is when they ask “What gear your wearing” I reply: “Zerk” (lol but its not) Finish dungeon as usual…and then at end you see chat saying “Zerk” FTW and “Thats why Zerk only is only way”

#PLAYFORFUN

One wonders why you need to trick zerker-build players into playing with you o.O

Just trollin’?

(edited by Taurok.6708)

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Or you could just learn to play the game instead of being a whiny fool. My Necromancer runs a hybrid of Zerk/Soldier, and I out-dps Zerker GS Warriors half the time.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

This kind of player is a cancer on all games. I bet you kick players left and right if they’re not up to your standards, while laughing about it on vent. Scum.

If it’s specified on LFG “80s, zerk/scholars only – speed run.” and some guy with clerics showed up, how would you feel?

While I don’t agree with OP having a strict filter (though I suggested it before, I had a change of heart since it will “strictly” alienate some people) – if I specify a requirement on LFG, I expect people who are joining MY group to comply with MY requirement. Otherwise, expect a kick and if you send me a PM asking why I kicked you, I will refer you back to my LFG description. If you trashtalk me, I will report and ignore you.

I will kick anyone who doesn’t fit into the category. It’s not being elitist, it’s about saving myself from hassle of people who doesn’t suit my preferred run.

You call us zerkers elitist for trying to play how we want, yet you are “forcing” us to play with trash builds.

tl:dr: I want to group with players who share the same interest as me, kitten me right?

Except that non-meta builds aren’t necessarily “trash builds” just because you wouldn’t use them or can be slower DPS.

Speak your mind, but do so wisely. Calling other people’s builds trash is calling THEM trash by association. I don’t call others trash for using “leet” gear, nor should you look down on others for not playing your speed-clear way.

And BTW, I never join your groups anyway, nor do I recommend to people that dislike your attitude to join your groups. Win-win for each other. No playstyle is superior to the other, because the value of what is deemed “superior” is subjective to each player (math spreadsheets aren’t the superior option for 100% of players-other factors are involved for many of them.)

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

No comment, although I personally think this is pointless.

Yes, that’s right, with an LFG tool you will inevitably get a random puggie. However, this will allow us to prevent play how you wants with their less than optimal builds from completely ignoring what the LFG post states and joining anyway. If they want to link a fake set, it won’t help them, since if they’re not running a DPS setup we will know when the fights start to take longer than they normally should.

I’d like to think on the positive side and believe that this is not very likely to happen. My faith in this community hasn’t been broken – yet.

Silly, because you are also playing how you want. You play meta builds, and that’s how you want to play. Using “play how you wants” as a pejorative is perhaps as silly as using casuals and carebears as “insults” too (they ARE rather insulting, but not because they are appropriate words, but because they intend the target to be necessarily “lesser”.)

This is a game, where you play for your own definition of fun, but it’s also a public game, not a solo game. So mind your manners.

It’s silly when people play the game with the expectation of kicking people, rather than just getting it over with and finishing it. If you really like your optimal super groups, YOU SHOULDN’T EVEN PUG, to avoid players that don’t play your way. These attitude that PUGs are out there to get/troll you, yet you still PUG, is rather befuddling.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t care about dungeon elitists. I think the “zerker only” attitude is the reason that the critical damage nerf is inbound (basically you were mean to everyone so they are nerfing you).

However, to me, the problem isn’t the “zerker only” mentality, it’s that you can beat the content with a zerker only mentality. And bosses with big hits aren’t the solution, they just reinforce the problem. There is no reason to bring defense when any hit is going to flatten you.

That being said. To the OP: Don’t use LFG. Join Death and Taxes (or another speed run group) and leave everyone else alone.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

#PLAYFORFUN

Then gearcheck happens, and you get kicked horribly.

But hey at least you can call them names after that lol!

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

LFG tool & "zerk nerf"

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

As this topic has turned away from a discussion and more into personal digs, we are going to close it. Please be sure you’re following the Forum Code of Conduct when discussing Guild Wars 2.