Lack of skimpy male clothing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Seriously, there is hardly any skimpy male clothing. Females seem to get most of the revealing tops – why not Guys? It’s sexist. One of the more revealing male tops is probably the feathered top (but even then, the male feathered top has NOTHING on the bloobs that female zodiac tops have), yet it has long sleeves that really ruin it.

And while we’re at it, there should be a ‘Lord Faren’s Underwear’ skin. Seriously, I’d pay gems for that! Why hasn’t Anet made this already? It would sell like hotcakes. I’m sure many players would want skimpy beach-themed armor skins.

There should also be red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple/pink flesh colored skins in the gemstore too (sylvari shouldn’t get ALL the skin colors, it’s extremely racist).

Edit: I’ve included a ton of pics below for comparison. My point is the amount of skin showing, or lack thereof, for the males.

I’ve also included a photoshopped version of my elementalist with a blue flesh skin (also wearing the zodiac top) and Lord Faren’s underwear – because I want a ‘Dr. Manhattan’ (From the Watchmen comic series) outfit for him one day. If only his underwear skin were available…

The point that you even thought to bring this to the forums and complain – explains what is fundamentally wrong with our society.

Please elaborate on how this post, or which part of it, has anything to do with what might be fundamentally wrong with society. I sincerely do not understand.

I see two statements he made which could have been left out, but I’m curious.

Posted by: FistKiss.8093

FistKiss.8093

So, I know this is an older post but I really feel I need to agree with it. I am a female player and I enjoy playing both genders. Some of my higher level avatars in MMO games are male. I find the lack of choices on outfits for males in most MMOs are appalling. I would not mind playing a scantily clad male character nor a ridiculously armored male character either as long as I am given more options. I agree that it is very sexist to give more options to female avatars. Sometimes, we just want to play a male avatar and not ogle the physics that were put forth to amaze us. Humongous breasts and ample female posteriors do not amaze all of your players. I mean if I wanted to see any of that I could go into a locker room at a gym and have a jumping contest in the showers. ( We do not do that by the way, I was just making a point). Why force people who want more options into one gender? If we are going to have female empowering tassels to cover our avatars no- no parts let’s do the same for our male avatars.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Yeah my boxer/briefs/whatever they are make me cringe too.

and a bare chested male running around in speedos and flipflops would make me cringe, too.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My female Charr ele needs light armor that shows her fur.
My male Sylvari ranger would like to show off his beautiful glow.

More skin baring options for male light and medium armor is wanted.

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

I too would like to see some more ‘skimpy’ armour for my elementalist. Well, maybe even for my warrior (the only two human characters I have). The ‘skimpy’ light armour could look something like:

http://tera-online.cc/uploads/gallery/main/62/highelf_m_r04.jpg
http://tera-online.cc/uploads/gallery/main/62/highelf_m_r08.jpg
http://tera-online.cc/uploads/gallery/main/56/castanic_m_r18a.jpg
http://tera-online.cc/uploads/gallery/main/56/castanic_m_r25.jpg (this one doesn’t exactly look like light armour, even though it is, but since the new outfit can be used by say, elementalist, I don’t see a reason why not )

Yeah, I know it’s Tera, but still. Wouldn’t have to be exactly the same, just similar in design. ^^ Plus, being armour (6 separate pieces) light armour wearers would get some more pants. Yay for pants!