Last patch ruined Fotm Chests esplly Jade Maw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

So what are you lot whining for?

More exotic drops? Guaranteed multiple rares in FOTM?

What constitutes as “fair loots”. If you can’t have a straight answer off the top of your head which is what I’ve yet to see on this thread. As it is obvious solutions has Anet in a bunch and now you want them on more balancing issues. Really now. Big picture.

Don’t keep mentioning dragon chests as a precedence and ride the wave just hoping for more loots.

Okay.

Veteran: Fine drop (or better)
Champion: Masterwork drop (or better)
Legendary: Two Masterwork drops (or better)
Regular chests: Three Fine-level drops (or better) + 1 gemstone
Large chests (like World Boss chests): Three Masterwork drops (or better) + 2 gemstones

There ya go, that’s my answer to your question. Please, go ahead and explain to me why my suggestions are unreasonable. Because it’s my opinion that, as things stand, people don’t feel all that inspired to bother with champion mobs because they don’t offer very good rewards. If they offered at least green drops, people might be more willing to tackle them.

Sorry but you aren’t thinking very far.

What you have suggested would only be viable if…. extreme DR is applied on FOTM or on the gullible assumption that players would only do fotm once a day. Which wouldn’t be the case if loots were improved to levels of your suggestion.

Dismantle your own suggestion again and think over it.

Loot balancing has never been easy. Simply because farming isn’t illegal yet hardcore farmers though a minority are able to tip the economy by that much. Yet if you introduce quotas/limitations, wholly ‘legitimate’ players would be QQing about being unable to play as they please.

So think it through. Hard. It isn’t easy.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

What you have suggested would only be viable if…. extreme DR is applied on FOTM or on the gullible assumption that players would only do fotm once a day. Which wouldn’t be the case if loots were improved to levels of your suggestion.

Loot balancing has never been easy. Simply because farming isn’t illegal yet hardcore farmers though a minority are able to tip the economy by that much. Yet if you introduce quotas/limitations, wholly ‘legitimate’ players would be QQing about being unable to play as they please.

You haven’t actually stated why my proposal is bad. You’ve only insisted that it is bad without providing any body of evidence to support that conclusion.

So I’ll ask again: please, prove to me that my proposal is unreasonable.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You haven’t actually stated why my proposal is bad. You’ve only insisted that it is bad without providing any body of evidence to support that conclusion.

I completely agree. He talks about people “farming” but it’s quite hard to farm fotm. Each chest still takes 20 minutes or so with a good group, and that’s on the very easy levels. You could easily have different RNG per fotm. So ontop of (2+ masterwork) or whatever limit you institute, you could say 50% for rare under 10, 60% rare for 20, 75% rare for 30, 80% rare for 40 etc, and add exotics on top of that.

Lets see, do fotm taking say 45min-1 hr and get 1 to 2 rares. Or farm events on main/alt + guesting and get 10 rares for 45min-1 hr. Tough decision, not to mention world events are a piece of cake and fotm requires coordination and knowledge.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I have been getting much the same loot from FoTM, rares cores and the occasional lodestone, even exotics. I think you are just on the RNG naughty list as of now. It has happened to me as well. I salvaged 19 rares to get 1 ecto with BL kits the other day.

I hope you are right, I’ve hit level 10 2 weeks ago (currently on level 13) and I’ve been doing 10 for the daily, but I still have not seen a ring drop or any fractal weapon skins…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

from reading this thread I’m starting to realize that you get better drops at levels 0-10 and 10-20 than 40+

I wouldn’t say it’s better, but honestly I’ve never really noticed a difference.

I get more loot in the higher fractals, just because of killing so many more mobs. As for chests, if there’s supposed to be a difference in what’s inside depending on the difficulty (other than the daily chest stuff of course), I sure don’t see it.

I wont be surprised if 4 months from now we see in some random patch notes: “Fixed a bug causing fractal loot to not increase in quality at higher levels”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I agree that the drop rates from fotm chests (all of them) have been severely decreased some time around the late jan patch. before then, it was likely to find 4 rares per 4 fractals. now, you’d be lucky to find 1 rare per 4 fractals.
just did level 28 last night. dredge fractal’s heavy moldy bags alone gave 2 times as much loot value as everything else combined.
I used to love running fractals (I’ve done around 400 so far). it’s no longer exciting. chest nerfs decreased the thrill of good loot, boss glitches and people opting out of particular fractals make it aggravating to work with parties.
My guild tried farming the dredge fractal once, maybe that is still worth it. what we did: restart until we get dredge fractal, get past control panel as quickly as possible, kill all the dredge that drop loot, kill all the dredge that spawn with Rabsovich, remake. we did level 10 and each got about 4g worth of heavy miner’s bags in 1 hour. higher levels = more bags per run, but longer runs.

Uncle Salty.6342

I rest my case with you.

As for the other poster who said that FOTM run durations wouldn’t make it viable. In a sense that true. But. If we were to go by that silly proposal’s numbers and then you factor in the number of veteran/champion/etc mobs in an FOTM, and you’d ALSO be able to exit/enter to roll for a specific fractal, and calculate in terms of guaranteed drops per minute, it’s pretty phenomenal. You don’t have to complete the whole thing. You just need to choose a specific portion clear it and exit.

How would you also balance the loots in 1-9. 10-19. 20-29 etc. ?

I wouldn’t give credit to try to prove a half baked proposal.

Farmers will always find a way.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

give a guaranteed rare per chest at least ._.
Quite tired of doing lvl 28-30 runs with no Yellows and that are not particularly unlucky runs but the norm.

You rarely get rares from chest now.

Also remove account bound from exotics dropped by random mobs.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Has it ever occured to anyone that Aney doesn’t want people in Fractals anymore? I can’t be anymore obvious:

Fotm loot was nerfed. Lucky people just come here to troll

New Ascended items don’t even drop im Fotm. You have to do totally unrelated content to get stuff for Fotm. On top of that you can’t even add AR to progess further.

Open world chests were buffed. Anet says they want people in other zones, this supports that. Dungeon chests still drop kitten blues all day.

The faster people realize it isnt about what they want to do but about how Anet wants this game to be the better off everyone will be.

Sad truth isnt it?

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: phantom.8426

phantom.8426

then what happened to play it your way?

critickitten.1498

I rest my case with you.

As for the other poster who said that FOTM run durations wouldn’t make it viable. In a sense that true. But. If we were to go by that silly proposal’s numbers and then you factor in the number of veteran/champion/etc mobs in an FOTM, and you’d ALSO be able to exit/enter to roll for a specific fractal, and calculate in terms of guaranteed drops per minute, it’s pretty phenomenal. You don’t have to complete the whole thing. You just need to choose a specific portion clear it and exit.

So you have no actual proof that the proposal is bad, you just wanted someone to make a proposal so that you could be like “Look! See how absurd and unreasonable these farmers are?!?” even though the proposal is perfectly reasonable and wouldn’t break anything.

Okay, glad we’ve established that you have no argument to stand on.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

random is random, i got two lodestones in jade maw chest yesterday. Another in the group got a charged one.. i also had 2 cores in the fractal b4 jade maw in the same run and rare in the chestr b4 that..

Couple weeks ago i got 2 exotics and an ascended ring..

Nothing has changed imo..

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Uncle Salty.6342

I rest my case with you.

So you have no actual proof that the proposal is bad, you just wanted someone to make a proposal so that you could be like “Look! See how absurd and unreasonable these farmers are?!?” even though the proposal is perfectly reasonable and wouldn’t break anything.

Okay, glad we’ve established that you have no argument to stand on.

Yes yes.

Or you could consider whether your “suggestion” remotely considers outliers who are often the ones that topples a system. If proving anything to you, means spoonfeeding you, then by all means just remain complacent and assume you are correct.

Be happy with it.

Posted by: masterdesh.8943

masterdesh.8943

Something I don’t see mentioned is the effects of magic find gear. If you get into the higher levels you just don’t wear the magic find stuff because it makes you weaker and your team slower. I get that magic find doesn’t effect the chest loot but loot from mobs is a big component in net earnings in fotm.

critickitten.1498

Yes yes.

Or you could consider whether your “suggestion” remotely considers outliers who are often the ones that topples a system. If proving anything to you, means spoonfeeding you, then by all means just remain complacent and assume you are correct.

Be happy with it.

This is the defense of someone who doesn’t have any other defense left, much less a counter-proposal.

“I refuse to tell you what’s wrong with your idea. I don’t feel the need to explain myself, I expect you to work it out for yourself.”

No. If you try that in any formal debate, you are guaranteed to lose that debate, because this isn’t a valid defense. It’s being obstinate. It’s saying “I don’t have an idea of my own, I’m just refusing to accept yours”.

You called out everyone in this thread, demanding a proposal from these supposedly “unreasonable” people. I have provided you with one that is entirely reasonable given the way the game is designed, and you are refuting it as a bad system while refusing to explain why. That, to me, tells me that you didn’t actually expect someone to call you out, and now that your argument has been utterly derailed, you’re trying to salvage it as best you can. You initiated this discussion, and now you will need to defend your statements with valid evidence.

So I’ll ask once again, and this will be the final time.

Provide evidence that the system is a flawed one. Or at the very least, offer a counter-proposal. Otherwise we will operate under the presumption that you don’t actually have either one, and that you’re merely being obstinate because you stubbornly refuse to accept that there is a problem with the existing model.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Has it ever occured to anyone that Aney doesn’t want people in Fractals anymore? I can’t be anymore obvious:

Why not?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Experienced the same as OP as of the most recent big patch.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest