Leaderboards Have Been Released!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

So in sPvP, people will now leave the match before the timer goes off if their team is about to lose. This will force the auto-balancing and those on the winning team will get pushed to the losing team and get a loss assuming they too don’t leave as well.

This is just my initial impression so it may or may not be realistic.

It needs to be a combination of everything since doing kill/death would not be effective because wins are gotten by capping points, not pvping.

Hot join is not counted in your rating for the leaderboards. Only tournament games.

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I would really love to see leaderboards for clear times on all explorable dungeon paths. Would be cool to see who gets the fastest times, etc. These metrics ae kind of just blah (who cares how many achievement points someone has... That almost just simply equivalates to /age as opposed to any kind of skill).

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

What about WvW rankings ? they’re pretty pointless imo as we all knew those server ranks before. They should really add WvW kill and WxP rankings to make it more interesting.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

The PvP leaderboards are like starcraft ladder, it goes off of rating and not win/lose. The only difference is starcraft SHOWS your rating and GW2 doesn’t.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Doesn’t really affect me. I have never bothered with Leaderboards in any game I play and it doesn’t affect my opinion of other players. Hope the people who like Leaderboards enjoy it though!

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

The wvw ranking is good. The rest is useless to me.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Give it about a month before there are topics posted every day saying something along the lines of “I can’t get a dungeon group because everyone wants 10k plus ap”, way to bring the community together Anet!!! Thumbs up!!

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Give it about a month before there are topics posted every day saying something along the lines of “I can’t get a dungeon group because everyone wants 10k plus ap”, way to bring the community together Anet!!! Thumbs up!!

hey that’s a good idea! While I lfm on my client computer, I can use my tablet to screen out the weak players that request to join. No more poor pugs. Not so useless after all
;)

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Aw. I sincerely hope this doesn’t happen, though it sounds like it might. Still, it’s not like leaderboards would affect this in any way, you could always see your party members’ AP by hovering over their icon.

There’s even a small amount of validity to the method: at the very least those with high AP have to have played a certain amount of time, for better for worse. Even the most ham-handed player should be decent if several hundred hours pass, so there’s a certain degree of safety in delving for players with a minimum threshold of AP.

Still, it harms the players that are great at the aspects of the game they choose to partake in, and forego worrying about AP or otherwise. I’d venture to say that this is most of the game population as well, so with any luck, there will only be a minority of players that make a habit of picking and choosing party members with a criteria that loosely correlates to skill at best.

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Will these be available ingame? If it’s only on the website, that’s a bit silly imo.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Can we opt out?

I dont like this kind of thing, it’ll just end up with elitism and crap like that.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The achievement score has to be buffed to only include actual achievements, not the daily/monthly points. So only what’s shown right now in the achievement tabs should be added up.

Only then will it be worth anything.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Additional functionality will come on-line through-out the next couple weeks showing more players, more sorting options, and allowing all players to search to find what % of the over-all player base they fall into rank wise.

Then in May we will have leaderboards with same functionality but we can view 200 rows?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Oh hooray. Another WoW-esque Napoleon complex fest. Can we have some more tier gear too, please?

The WvW one is nice. Back in the days of the Guild Ladder, listing guild names was nice.

But do we really need to see individuals in sPvP and achievements? Seriously? What is the point, other than to irritate people?

Are you folks at ArenaNet trying to fracture, corrupt, and destroy the community? I’m starting to think so.

Can you tell I’m rather kittened off at this? Individuals on the leaderboards?

Guilds, fine. WvW servers, fine. but why individuals?

Not, cool, guys.

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

thanks for the leaderboards! should consider adding 1 more leaderboard for the “all rounder” gamer. Basically those who balance having high score in pvp,wvw and achievement points altogether

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It’s a little oversimplified right now. I would love to see the top3 most played professions, for each player. Guild name would also be nice to see, so players don’t have to include it in their character names. WvW rankings need to be more interesting as well.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So in sPvP, people will now leave the match before the timer goes off if their team is about to lose. This will force the auto-balancing and those on the winning team will get pushed to the losing team and get a loss assuming they too don’t leave as well.

It needs to be a combination of everything since doing kill/death would not be effective because wins are gotten by capping points, not pvping.

Hot join is not counted in your rating for the leaderboards. Only tournament games.

You can still do exactly what I stated in tournaments. I wasn’t talking specifically about hot joins. You can join a tournament and it your teams is going to lose, quit out of it. This is unless ANET has a system in place where the loss will still count against you.

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Waste of developer time in my honest opinion.

+1

I dont remember anybody asking for this as much as for..mmmh…an ingame LFG tool or an ‘last online’ hint for Guilds for example?

Nor do I see an overwhelming positive feedback here.

And…is there an option not to be listed in that “leaderboard”?

This won’t end well…

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

RoRo.8270:

Skugga.5298:

I don’t like it but that’s my opinion.

PvP is based on Wins/Losses, while it should be more based on kills/deaths…
Now you can’t pug anymore because in pug group people leave all the time anyway.

Plus if it doesn’t reset, weekly/monthly then a new player will never be able to get in the list anyway.

I expected more from the leaderboards ; /

Wow you pvp and think it should be based off kills/deaths that is hilarious

Yes I do think it should be based on K/D because W/L is not a personal ranking it is a team ranking,…

Skugga- I totally agree with you. It’s Obvious this ranking system is about Egoistic personal gain; Death to reviving dead Team Players

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Atm WvW leaderboard is a joke, MoS LD ( Despite all those imperfections ofc ) stay far more interesting and complete. LD should have here since the launch.. For a interesting LD we need, at least, a real time update of the score ( all the 15 minutes ), Otherwise if it’s for make 1 update 1 time per week at the new matchup.. well it’s useless.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

Ayrilana.1396

The game does not have deathmatches. In sPvP you’re on a TEAM where the GOAL is to reach 500 by claiming the different points. Pvp is just what is used to accomplish this. A team that solely pvp’s will lose.

At the end of every match, we are ranked by our performance and we have a score. This score would be a more accurate indicator than w/l or k/d. Just cumulate this and treat it as the leadership ranking.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I’m not super competitive by any means, but I’d like to see my ranking overall, not just the top 100.

Additional functionality will come on-line through-out the next couple weeks showing more players, more sorting options, and allowing all players to search to find what % of the over-all player base they fall into rank wise.

Well, how detailed will that information be? Will I have an option to hide those informations from other players? Will those sorting options allow other people to get detailed informations about what I did and where I got account-points? I am not really happy with this. I don’t see a reason why someone should be able to see detailed information about my gaming behavior especially when I do not care about that stuff myself.

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Don’t get why you would want to track achievements and put them on a leader board. They are supposed to be more personal than anything why make grieving a bigger part of achievements or bring in the “I have tons of achievement points so i must be skilled at this game” mentality. Probably the same people that think PvE(a series of enemies that have predetermined moves and require simple observation and thought to conquer) is hard. I just wish we could go back to the days when people set off to accomplish their own personal tasks without having some fake “destroy 100 flies” achievement in their face that gives them a worthless currency they can only use to grief other players who think these easy tasks are worth something. In reality your wasting time playing a game in a certain way instead of exploring the game and organically figuring out what it is you like to do.

Seriously if i came up to you in Real life and said i cook 1000 meals in the past month, took apart 100 pieces of technology, or crafted 500 clocks you would probably shrug say “that’s cool” and move on because who the hell really cares. Any feat that is difficult and/or enthralling to complete doesn’t need an achievement to be made valid it will have a story/memory that makes it a valid execution of your time in w/e it is your doing.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I was expecting in game leader boards. I can look at PvP leaderboards on a few websites already, and they have more information than these leaderboards do. Not trying to be a debbie downer here, but I hope there is A LOT more to these leaderboards that will come out, because right now it’s a dumbed down version of millenium.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

You can still do exactly what I stated in tournaments. I wasn’t talking specifically about hot joins. You can join a tournament and it your teams is going to lose, quit out of it. This is unless ANET has a system in place where the loss will still count against you.

Does auto balance actually happen in tournaments? If so that is probably a bug and should never happen no matter if the loosing team leaves. Tournament teams should be locked. Interesting if that is not the case.

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah there isn’t an auto-balance in tournaments, I think. That’s why I didn’t include that part in the post you quoted. There are still ways for people to “game” the system to inflate their ranking.

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

This.
Because now, thanks to leaderboards, some will think a player’s total worth in PvX can be boiled down to a number. Thumbs up!!!

Are ye laughin’ yet?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I know this post isn’t very constructive, but it’s indicative of how I feel right now.

It seems like ArenaNet is doing everything possible to fragment the playerbase and split the community.

What started out as a pretty good game has really just devolved into a spaghettified mess. It’s thrown away the best of Guild Wars, and brought in the worst of every other MMO.

I can’t fathom what’s driving the decision-making over at ArenaNet, unless it’s somehow boiling down to profit, pure and simple.

Because they’ve absolutely killed, killed, the friendly spirit of a good game.

They’ve taken away any meaningful constructive competition (guild ladder, or HA, for example), and replaced it with individual ego. They’ve now added this element to PvE (which is mainly all this game is anyway). The only place it really belongs is WvW, and then only on a server level.

This is just not the promising game we had at release. It’s turning horrible.

I’m sorry, ArenaNet, but that’s how I feel. I’m beyond disappointed in the direction you are taking GW2. It started to go downhill on 15 November, and the only ray of sunshine since has been the SAB (and even that’s controversial).

GW2 had so much promise. It was going to be so much better than the other MMOs. Yet you keep making it more like them with every content update.

I’ve been hanging by a thread with my loyalty to this game for some time now. The only thing that’s got me this far is how good Guild Wars was.

Honestly, I can’t stand it any more.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Ok, now divide;
EVERYTHING
—-————————
by TIME PLAYED

it’s simply meaningless without including time, and would “leadership” (not achievements) be reduced by a long term of now playing?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I love how people think this will make groups harder to get since you will need a cerain achievement point amount… I guess those people missed the fact that you can see how many achievement points someone has just by mousing over them in game… and that has been around since launch. So much for that argument I guess…

Also keep up people, agent of entropy and other infinite achievements have been capped for 3 weeks now.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The PvP Leaderboards are not based off hot-join, they are based off ranked PvP matches. The whole doom and gloom scenarios you guys don’t really apply to tournament matches.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am kind of hoping they start ranking guilds such as one guild has gotten this many merits or done this many guild events.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

First reply in topic said most of it, PVP is most interesting yet the design is utter crap. It is based on tournaments and so far I havent played 1 tournament where no one left. Multiple times ended to be 1 out of 2 last players on team and 1 time was left alone.

Kinda bad to base stats on that, points wise would be better allthough I doubt that you will get a lot of points if anyone leaves anyway.

Leaving just has to stop and afking.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You can sort by world now

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

There really should be a ton of more expansion upon these leaderboads including official EX DUNGEON PATH CLEAR TIMES!!!!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You can sort by world now

….and now you can’t!

Sneak peek at the Filter options, must not be ready to roll it out just yet.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

We’ve increased the total visible players up to 1000 now, over the course of the next week or two we’ll continue to increase visible player counts and add new search and sorting options as each feature becomes stable.

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

That sounds awesome! When everyone can see how they stack against other players it will be rather fun.

Also, I’m rank 342 in achievements!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

That sounds awesome! When everyone can see how they stack against other players it will be rather fun.

Also, I’m rank 342 in achievements!

Cool deal…I’m in the 970s (forgot the exact number. lol). Gratz.

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

15 Follidus.8027 Jolly Holly Folly 182 105 63.41% Anvil Rock
998 Molbeato.1427 Godrit 120 15 88.89% Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Paniol.3049

Paniol.3049

Its bugged or i have no idea how it works ….i see Europe then US then again Europe …. also why some guy from US with 5k achivments is better then me if i have 6k? Search window would be nice..but it must be soooooo hard to make…. sorry for bad english i hope it gonna be better “soon”

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Despite what is displayed, the rankings MUST be based on more than W/L ratio because there are players with much better W/L ratios ranked below those with lower ones. Look at the NA PvP rankings. #4 has 400+ wins with a 91% win. By far the best on that 1st page, but he’s #4. Also, there’s someone on the 1st page with less than 60 matches played, which seems absurd to be in the same company as those with 200+ wins.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Aeonblade.8709

Can we opt out?

I dont like this kind of thing, it’ll just end up with elitism and crap like that.

Good question, is there a way to remove our accounts from this service? Or will there be? Thanks

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Something isn’t looking right on the achievement leaderboards. I was quickly clicking “next” because I didn’t think of typing the page number in the URL bar, and I noticed that achievement points are fluctuating.

For instance, go to page 40
1000th place: Wendel.7695 with 5866 points
click “prev” twice
950th place Tefras.3612 with 6267 points
click “next” twice
1000th place Link.4210 with 6245 points

edit: ohh, I get it, it’s switching between regions. But it still counts as a bug…

(edited by Satakal.6971)

Aeonblade.8709

Joy.

Cya, ArenaNet.

Way to take an absolutely amazing game (Guild Wars) and drop it into the furthest abyss possible.

Recommend firing whomever thought of leaderboards.

Competition keeps some people happy. If you don’t care, don’t look at them. Problem solved.

That’s not even the problem. The problem is breeding elitism through a ficitional useless number people will put stock in even though it’s just a measurement of time invested. The only reason to honestly have leaderboards is for PvP, any kind of quantifiable PvE metric gets grabbed and ran with. I weep for the future of dungeons if they come out with stats like dungeons ran, speed clear stats, etc.

Just a bad idea overall, going to cause fragmentation.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

People who play more are more likely to have higher achievement point totals. People with higher achievement point totals are more likely to have more experience playing their classes and to understand the mechanics of the game. People who know the mechanics of the game and understand their classes are more likely to contribute positively to their group. I would much rather have someone with higher achievement points in my group than one with lower if only because it increases the chances that they are competent, but I’m not going to kick them for having lower achievement point totals.

That said, people will invent reasons to cull the crop and be elitists. It’s going to be your AR total, the quality of your gear, the item skins you use, the class you play, your achievement points, or whatever. Elitists will find a way to be elitist, and any negative meshing of that with these leaderboards is far outweighed by the benefits of giving people some venue for healthy competition.

Keep the leaderboard options coming, ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

[xyz] Recruiting top 500 leader board players| Be part of the best!| sub-500 need not apply|wisp for info

I’m sure something along those lines will be seen at some point

Serenity now~Insanity later

Vayne.8563

People who play more are more likely to have higher achievement point totals. People with higher achievement point totals are more likely to have more experience playing their classes and to understand the mechanics of the game. People who know the mechanics of the game and understand their classes are more likely to contribute positively to their group. I would much rather have someone with higher achievement points in my group than one with lower if only because it increases the chances that they are competent, but I’m not going to kick them for having lower achievement point totals.

That said, people will invent reasons to cull the crop and be elitists. It’s going to be your AR total, the quality of your gear, the item skins you use, the class you play, your achievement points, or whatever. Elitists will find a way to be elitist, and any negative meshing of that with these leaderboards is far outweighed by the benefits of giving people some venue for healthy competition.

Keep the leaderboard options coming, ANet!

Unless you’re me. I’ve been playing since launch and still haven’t got a clue. lol

Aeonblade.8709

[xyz] Recruiting top 500 leader board players| Be part of the best!| sub-500 need not apply|wisp for info

I’m sure something along those lines will be seen at some point

Yea it’s already starting up, you can tell by some of the voices in this thread. I was initially excited, then I realized what this is going to turn into.

Oh well, at least they tried to make people happy

Vayne.8563

It’s all about giving people stuff to do. People want stuff to work on (some of them anyway). So they have dailies (which people complain about), now this. I’m in the top 1000 now, but I wont’ be in short order, because I won’t change my game to get points. And that’s okay.

With good content taking long times to program, without stuff like this people would get bored. Keep ‘em busy I say. Just as long as I don’t have to get involved. lol