Legendaries Now

Legendaries Now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kyraios.8954

Kyraios.8954

talking about twilight..

This is almost impossible to get now if you have work/studies. A few months ago, it was definitely understandable to get one… but seriously..? The amount of Gold it needs compared to the amount of Gold a person makes daily is stupid. The price of dusk goes up 100 gold in 1 week?? After I spent weeks trying to get only 100 gold this happens. People are over pricing mats when the majority of the community doesn’t even have money to buy it.. You can’t even farm for the mats because they made it so hard to get. I spent 10 straight hours farming on my day off fighting Reefriders at southsun cove.. and i didn’t even get 1. To get this sword you need ~2300 gold in mats…………………… Please update the drop rate on those stupid mats. This is making me regret playing this game..

I’m definitely not going to spend 300 dollars and convert them into gems just for a precurser either…

Legendaries Now

Kyraios.8954

I’m really hoping with this April 15th update that you really can get all the mats and a precursor just from pvp….. because if not, i’m done with this game.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Legendaries are endgame items. You are not supposed to get them just for logging in.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

talking about twilight..

This is almost impossible to get now if you have work/studies. A few months ago, it was definitely understandable to get one… but seriously..? The amount of Gold it needs compared to the amount of Gold a person makes daily is stupid. The price of dusk goes up 100 gold in 1 week?? After I spent weeks trying to get only 100 gold this happens. People are over pricing mats when the majority of the community doesn’t even have money to buy it.. You can’t even farm for the mats because they made it so hard to get. I spent 10 straight hours farming on my day off fighting Reefriders at southsun cove.. and i didn’t even get 1. To get this sword you need ~2300 gold in mats…………………… Please update the drop rate on those stupid mats. This is making me regret playing this game..

I’m definitely not going to spend 300 dollars and convert them into gems just for a precurser either…

How long does it take you to kill a Reefrider? Do you know about diminishing returns in drop rate?

“Hours spent farming” isn’t a good measure of how accessible drops are because you might be doing it the wrong way(not killing enough, not killing mobs with higher success rates to get what you need etc.).

Have you tried farming champs?(because champ boxes drop a significant amount of T5 & T6 mats)

Have you tried farming Orr events?(loot bags with T5 T6)

Have you tried speed-running dungeons?(gold and champ bags, not to mention if you get lucky with recipe you can convert tokens to gold at a higher rate than salvaging them for ectos)

People aren’t overpricing mats, they are at those prices because other people are willing to buy them. If majority can’t afford it(like what you claim), they won’t sell and prices will go down. It’s as simple as that.

Legendaries Now

Kyraios.8954

obviously i didn’t just log in. I said i spent weeks trying to get 75 gold and spent hours trying to farm just 1 mat. Please don’t troll

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I’m really hoping with this April 15th update that you really can get all the mats and a precursor just from pvp….. because if not, i’m done with this game.

It would probably take a very long time. Also, the way they made it sound is like you can only get a precursor from those champion bags you’ll be getting as a reward from PvP. So good luck with that!

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Your best bet is to just buy gold. I know you said you didn’t want to do that, but you can’t farm in this game. It’s unrewarding and you get diminishing returns. The game is centered around the cash shop as its source of income so please try to keep this in mind when you find one area of the game frustrating.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

If it takes you a week to get 100 gold in gw2 you’re either playing 1/2 hours a day and afking half of that time or you’re not doing anything besides sitting in town.

I just sold the leftover materials from making my 2nd set of ascended armor for my warrior/materials I gathered for over 80 gold just yesterday. If I can make roughly 15g a day while actually playing (not sitting in town) in a matter of an hour and a half you’re doing it wrong. You can get 3g a day from ac 1/3 and that takes you 15/20 minutes depending on your group.

The problem with mats isn’t that they don’t drop fast enough it’s that gold is easier to farm than the materials. Farm gold not materials people. Any mats you get towards whatever you’re working for are just extra.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Legendaries Now

Izaya.2906

obviously i didn’t just log in. I said i spent weeks trying to get 75 gold and spent hours trying to farm just 1 mat. Please don’t troll

Well that’s the point, you spent “10 hours killing mobs” but you aren’t specifying how much you killed and how you farmed.

You could be killing them at a snail’s pace one by one with minimal magic find and not switching toons to avoid DR in drop rate.

A good scenario to farm southsun is with a party speed killing mobs and with good magic find(at least 150%), and I’m sure you’d be REALLY unlucky if you dont get a single T6 mat in 10 hours.

You also need to switch between your characters while farming because DR will kick in(normally after an hour or two during the Plinx days, not sure how it works nowadays).

If you’re competent in doing dungeons, you spend 7-15 minutes in a dungeon and get 1 mat(I assume you’re talking about T5 or T6) plus gold/tokens. You do that for 10 hours and you get ALOT

If you don’t have a high magic find, you could champ train for an hour and get 35-50 champ boxes and get several T5-T6 mats.

If you don’t get a single drop of the mat you want in 10 hours, it doesn’t necesarrily mean that mat is inaccessible because there are other more efficient sources of that mat or you are simply doing it wrong.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

but twilight is ugly

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

This is pretty much why they put Ascended weapons and armor in game as something to aim for that isn’t as demanding as a legendary . Why would they seriously consider lowering the difficulty threshold for people that playing the game that much. Crafting a legendary is a task that is extremely dificult, and tests the resolve of even the intensely dedicated players. Before committing you should understand what you are getting into. There are many places were blind luck and changes in stuff like trading post can really delay progress, all along the way you will ask yourself if it is worth it. You don’t need to quit the game in protest if you don’t feel its worth it, just continue playing and enjoying the game, you could even try for one in tournament.

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

but twilight is ugly

It is, but if he wants it that is his choice. No need to Troll his post.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Legendaries Now

Dark Catalyst.1028

This is pretty much why they put Ascended weapons and armor in game as something to aim for that isn’t as demanding as a legendary . Why would they seriously consider lowering the difficulty threshold for people that playing the game that much. Crafting a legendary is a task that is extremely dificult, and tests the resolve of even the intensely dedicated players. Before committing you should understand what you are getting into. There are many places were blind luck and changes in stuff like trading post can really delay progress, all along the way you will ask yourself if it is worth it. You don’t need to quit the game in protest if you don’t feel its worth it, just continue playing and enjoying the game, you could even try for one in tournament.

There is nothing legendary about buying from the TP and grinding.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if you do it legitly, it will require dedication, and a little bit of luck (precursor drop).

i made 3 legendaries, but none with element of luck. once in a while ANET make a patch that suddenly make everyone riche. take advantage of that.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Legendaries Now

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

talking about twilight..

I have finished my twilight (precursor was bought) on friday 04.04.2014. It took me 5+ months from the second I decided to go for it. How long are you working on yours?
By the way, I work full time and I attend school as well, currently in 3rd grade bachelor studies.

banished from time and space

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

Yeah i actually agree with you, I thought he was talking about buying precursor on trading post and actually crafting it, at least that’s what I meant

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

There is nothing Legendary about Legendarys in this Game anyway

This are just Skins with the word Legendary in Tooltip – You dont have to do anything for it what require skill – it all about GRIND

and whats the difference in grinding the materials or the gold to buy the materials?

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If it takes you a week to get 100 gold in gw2 you’re either playing 1/2 hours a day and afking half of that time or you’re not doing anything besides sitting in town.

If I can make roughly 15g a day while actually playing (not sitting in town) in a matter of an hour and a half you’re doing it wrong.

So…

100g/week must be mostly AFKing for 30 minutes

vs

105g/week requires 1.5 hours of actual playing

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

its been 7 months since i got my dawn as loot and i’ve made my mind on the sunrise road. Still 2 months + to go for the T6 materials. I haven’t grind anything, i slowly gather laurens for T6 materials, some dungeon run for extra gold and place order for T6. I loop around short and easy events to gather karma.

Sometimes i question myself if it’s worth it for the time invested, No actually, it ain’t worth the effort. Since i’ve made 77 clovers, there is no turning back for me.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

If that’s the way you are going about getting your legendary, you are trolling yourself. You can get ~15g daily just by running some dungeons (AC1&3, SE1&3, HotW1, CoF1, CoE all, TA up&fw), and this is only the solid cash you get from there. Now add the tokens and drops and your daily income can spike a lot higher…

Farming speciffic mats is silly in this game – farm gold and buy the mats. And use laurels for mats, too – you get 3 mats per laurel…

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

Legendaries Now

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s a LEGENDARY. It’s a VANITY item, you don’t need it. They aren’t supposed to be an easy task.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It’s a LEGENDARY. It’s a VANITY item, you don’t need it. They aren’t supposed to be an easy task.

True,but for some people that arnt able to play hours in a row each day,its a near impossible task to be completing.I dont care much about legendary’s myself,neither will i ever go for one eventhough i possibly could..I just really think the money and time invested to make one isn’t worth the effort.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

were it not because I went for a legendary, I would’ve lost interest in GW2 a loong time ago.

There just isn’t anything else compelling for me to do in GW2, during the course of legendary crafting, I learned just soo much about the game, that I would otherwise have never bothered to learn.

Crafting a legendary is not an easy task, and not everyone has the perseverance or the income to do it (believe it or not, not everyone who has a legendary had $500 disposable income to throw at the game), and that’s what makes it so much more valuable.

Whenever I hear “lol twilight is ugly” or “lol everyone has a twilight” or “legendaries take no skill, there’s nothing legendary about it”, all I see is someone bitter because they can’t have what I have, and that just gives much more value to what I have, even if nobody is ever going to admit that.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Legendaries Now

Crossaber.8934

True,but for some people that arnt able to play hours in a row each day,its a near impossible task to be completing.I dont care much about legendary’s myself,neither will i ever go for one eventhough i possibly could..I just really think the money and time invested to make one isn’t worth the effort.

Yes, it is almost impossible to me too, i am close to finish my Sunrise, but still 2~3 months to go, just for the insane T6 cost. Especially someone like me, can’t afford to play everyday, and 1 hour game play top. If i am not being lucky and looted a precursor, i won’t even border with legendary.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

were it not because I went for a legendary, I would’ve lost interest in GW2 a loong time ago.

There just isn’t anything else compelling for me to do in GW2, during the course of legendary crafting, I learned just soo much about the game, that I would otherwise have never bothered to learn.

Crafting a legendary is not an easy task, and not everyone has the perseverance or the income to do it (believe it or not, not everyone who has a legendary had $500 disposable income to throw at the game), and that’s what makes it so much more valuable.

Whenever I hear “lol twilight is ugly” or “lol everyone has a twilight” or “legendaries take no skill, there’s nothing legendary about it”, all I see is someone bitter because they can’t have what I have, and that just gives much more value to what I have, even if nobody is ever going to admit that.

This^^
GW2 is the same for me too.If it was not for the legendary i would have lost interest long time ago.Because of it now i’m also interested in many more different parts of the game.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This^^
GW2 is the same for me too.If it was not the legendary i would have lost interest.Because of it now i’m interested in many more different parts of the game.

If that is all that is holding you here then you will quite as soon as you get it. Don’t really see what you gain from staying in the game that has become very much a drag.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They stopped being pure vanity item when the got the stat-change convenience, and were promised to be safe from gear progression.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Legendaries Now

moiraine.2753

Yargesh@
I have one legendary done,almost finished the 2nd one and now i’m working on 3rd one from which 1/3 is ready.But that is not the point.The point is that because of the legendary i stayed.
Because of it i started doing different things like:

• World exploration
  • Speed clearing dungeons
  • WvW

And i started making friends.The legendary is the beginning but NOT the end.
Coming 15th April i may actually start doing more PvP too.Who knows.

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Any casual player can obtain a legendary if they want to. After about 6 months of only playing a few hours a day, I obtained more than enough resources to craft one, without ever specifically trying to or even farming in general. I just play the game.

Legendaries take no skill to acquire and Twilight has, since the first month, been far too common. Purple SAB weapons will be more legendary than legendaries. Imo, there should be a legendary path for each aspect of the game (WvW, SPvP, dungeons, JPs, crafting, etc) that requires you to specialize.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: BlooodSugar.7495

BlooodSugar.7495

talking about twilight..

This is almost impossible to get now if you have work/studies.

Sorry but i couldn’t disagree more with this.
I work full time in a highly demanding job and what little free time I have is split up with spending time with my girlfriend, chores and if I am lucky I’ll get a blast on Guild Wars.

I just crafted my Twilight at the weekend, it didn’t take me long at all, nor did it come anywhere close to those gold figures you have.

It was never going to be incredibly easy to obtain and you won’t get it overnight, but it’s far from impossible.

Just keep on trying.

Legendaries Now

Dark Catalyst.1028

It’s not about being bitter or jealous. A lot of us thought we’d have to do an amazingly difficult questline which would take us all across Tyria in addition to having to defeat really difficult enemies. You know, you do something legendary to get a legendary weapon.

Instead, we get a “Shopping at the TP” quest.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

talking about twilight..

You also need about 200 skill points too (for a Bloodstone Shard). That is part of the Legendary cost.

You want a Legendary but not pay the piper – sorry that is why it is called LEGENDARY.

Legendaries Now

Crossaber.8934

It’s not about being bitter or jealous. A lot of us thought we’d have to do an amazingly difficult questline which would take us all across Tyria in addition to having to defeat really difficult enemies. You know, you do something legendary to get a legendary weapon.

It is a nice suggestion and it should belong to new legendary set in the future. Besides hardcore content legendary, Anet should provide more “Legendary Set” for different game mode, WvW legendary, PvP legendary, Dungeon legendary and current set “Luck / Cost legendary”

Legendaries Now

Izaya.2906

Here’s a rather good activity for everyone complaining about legendaries can’t be obtained with skill/do something legendary to get a legendary:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-tournament-of-legends/

No grinding, no dancing naked and rolling 5 times in front of Zomorros to get a precursor, just good ’ole fashion using your skills against a non-scripted AI opponent.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

OP just doesn’t know how to make gold and decides to do the worst thing ever to make gold.

And you expect end-game items to be easily acquirable. That’s not going to happen.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: WARSaints.1502

WARSaints.1502

At first I thought it was impossible to craft a legendary seeing the amount of materials and gold I needed but I just went for it. It just took me four months only. Could have been faster but I laid back once in a while, just enjoy the game. T6 mats are nightmare… But it’s actually quite easy if u think of it carefully. Farm champ bags, do world boss events by guesting to at least two servers and your own main server will take about two to three hours daily. Salvage the loot for ecto globs. Put in a stack of ecto in mystic forge each time u r ready, u will get tons of amount of T6 mats and u get clovers at the same time. It ain’t difficult. You just need patience. Gold is actually easier than farming t6 mats in my opinion. If you prefer to farm gold, just buy the mats on TP. Save your precious time.

Server: Blackgate
Shakilis – PvE Ranger // Kim Hyunaaa – WvW Warrior
Extravagance [EXG] // Carebear Unit [CB]

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If I can make roughly 15g a day while actually playing (not sitting in town) in a matter of an hour and a half you’re doing it wrong.

So…

100g/week must be mostly AFKing for 30 minutes

vs

105g/week requires 1.5 hours of actual playing

Glad someone else caught this lol.

“lol 100g/week is easy you can AFK for 30min/day”
“I play 1.5hrs/day and make 105g/week”

Maybe he should just start AFKing for 30min/day. What’s 5g anyway lol

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Legendaries are endgame items. You are not supposed to get them just for logging in.

Ture. You’re supposed to get them by paying them with real money and then logging in.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Legendaries Now

moiraine.2753

Ture. You’re supposed to get them by paying them with real money and then logging in.

Well you either buy the gold with gems or farm it.Both ways work as expected.Some people have more time to play other less but have the funds to afford the legendary.Both ways are legit in my opinion.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I finished my T6 Gift, worked on it for 4 months.
Don’t rush so much.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

legendaries are ugly

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

I can suggest you:
1 wait. When new leggendaries will come out (hope fast), probably hold leggendaries precursor’s price will slowly go down.
2 always put an offer on trading post; never buy items at their intended selling amount
3 don’t farm event or items if you’ve not yet farmed dugeon. dungeon reward>everything else rewards; excluding somekind of living
4 don’t expect to do a leggendarie easy or fast; it will be not.

I’ve already made 3 leggendaries, all races tier 3 armor, a lot of high price weapon and 3 ascended armor. Enjoy yourself and earn money!

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

L2Farm.

Starting here might help:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Vol-s-Epic-Gold-Making-Guide/first

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Legendaries Now

cmud.5689

I can suggest you:
1 wait. When new leggendaries will come out (hope fast), probably hold leggendaries precursor’s price will slowly go down.
2 always put an offer on trading post; never buy items at their intended selling amount
3 don’t farm event or items if you’ve not yet farmed dugeon. dungeon reward>everything else rewards; excluding somekind of living

I’ve already made 3 leggendaries, all races tier 3 armor, a lot of high price weapon and 3 ascended armor. Enjoy yourself and earn money!

If new legendaries come around you are going to need 2-3x more cash to finish your legendary, regardless if old or new. Expect the price of all T6 mats, globs, etc. to skyrocket. Its not a good advice to wait, T6 is not going anywhere but up.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Fact is, legendaries are long-range end-game items. These things are meant to take a very long time to play, and owning one is for many one of the final goals in making progress in-game. Once you hit 80 on one or two characters, most people will start working towards making ascended gear or getting a legendary – this is where you’ll need all these crafting materials. And because so many people are working for them because, well, they’re just what many save up for once you’ve gotten a specific distance in-game, demand for them is huge, and prices will rise significantly untill a supply-and-demand equilibrum is established.
If everyone were to get their own legendaries, it’d be more of a thing you just wait to get as you play the game doing other stuff, just because they take so long to make. They’re meant to be (up to ridiculously) hard to get, becaues they are the best items you can find in-game. As stated before, legendaries are more or less vanity items. They show the fact you’ve hit end-game.

Twilight isn’t getting harder to get. More people just want it.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Every other person has a legendary or three now-a-days anyways.

They aren’t too hard to get.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Legendaries Now

cmud.5689

Every other person has a legendary or three now-a-days anyways.

They aren’t too hard to get.

People are terrible at statistics arent they? Go PvE or WvW and post a screenshot of a pack of people, say 30+ and we can count them. And they are hard to get, if it would be easy the max buy order for eternity wouldnt be 3.4k gold, right?

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

I can suggest you:

If new legendaries come around you are going to need 2-3x more cash to finish your legendary, regardless if old or new. Expect the price of all T6 mats, globs, etc. to skyrocket. Its not a good advice to wait, T6 is not going anywhere but up.

I don’t agree with you, but maybe you’re right. cancel that point

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Typical PvE attitude. In other game-modes it’s not so easy to make gold.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Legendaries Now

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Sounds like you need to run more dungeons, it’s easy to get a lot of gold then

Professional noob guardian