Legendaries are not meant for clumsy people?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Youngertwo.4956

Youngertwo.4956

So I am more than 1k gold into Nevermore. I have also spent more than a hundred hours going to 100+ locations, waiting for obscure group events to spawn and traipsing back and forth across every zone.

I have 60/63 for Nevermore IV and have reached a hard stop. "Embody the Ley-Line Energy’ requires silver or better for The Ley-Line Run Adventure. It might as well be walking to the moon.

I am clumsy. Always have been. That is ok. I have many other gifts and can do most of the game well enough. I have completed a number of jumping puzzles and world completion a number of times.

I am ok with occasionally paying a mesmer for port, like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wall_Breach_Blitz and sometimes, with patience and repeated effort I can do them myself.

I am not a happy camper There was no warning that completing a timed race would be required. There is no other option for a work around, I am just unexpected stuck with no hope of progressing.

I want to either progress, or I want my gold and time back. Now, I have been playing games for about three decades at this point. So I realize that one person complaining on a forum, or even leaving a game entirely is not going to change anything.

However, I do think that the developers need to be loudly reminded that not everyone is a 13 year old with fighter pilot reflexes.

Drytop doesn’t work for me. I am ok with that. There were other level 80 zones available, and eventually Silverwastes came out which was better. I doubt that I will ever see the raid, and (again) I am ok with that. But many, MANY of us will not be able to be able to complete this adventure in the 90 seconds.

We could try a hundred, a thousand, or a hundred thousand tries. It isn’t going to change.

I suspect that many players will end up stuck here. People who have dedicated the time to complete ALL of the masteries, spent over 1000 gold, did map completion on all four of the new maps and then suddenly get stopped with an ugly ascended staff and no way to complete the project.

It is a good time for people to examine other game options.

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Watch a video guide of how to complete it. Mimic the movements. Learn the jumps. I’m not sure why you think you need god like reflexes – it’s silver, not gold. Just practice and you’ll get it.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Practice and you will get better – watch some of the videos on how to do it.
I took 20 hrs to master the haloween clock jump tower – and now can do it pretty much every time.

The same went for Ley line race until I worked out all the shortcuts and how to combine certain skills. Silver is actually not that hard – gold is much harder. I have faith you will be able to do it.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do feel for you on this one, I’m not trying to dismiss your concerns and if they do take them into consideration and reduce the “twitch reflex” requirements I think that would be great.

Short of that though, getting a silver on Leyline is one of the easier Adventures, IF you know how you’re meant to do it. If you just run the course straight it’ll never work, but if you know when and where to use power shortcuts you can shave massive time off of it. The only tricky bit is that the tele-jump right in the middle of the course is glitchy and fails to fire half the time, causing you to fall to your death.

Hopefully you’ll be able to complete it whether they change the objective or not, and honestly it’s your best bet. Do it right and even gold is fairly trivial to get each time.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

watch youtube video and copy exact movement

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Younger. I am less agile than the average player and somehow I managed to do it. I agree: getting silver (which I’ll have to do again, apparently, if I want a raven staff) is a pain in the, urm, kitten [sic].

Here’s how I went about:

• I parked a toon at the start.
  • Each day, if I felt like it, I’d try it out and keep at it until either I got silver (never) or yelled at my computer screen once (ok, sometimes twice).
  • I kept at it and eventually learned a couple of tricks.
  • I got faster and faster and finally silver’d it.

I have watched vids of other adventures and they can be fun to watch — I am impressed with the madd skillz of our community. However, I have yet to find one that actually helped me get better at a single adventure, never mind get silver. I can’t tell where exactly people are when they do some sort of trick, even after stopping/starting the vids — I just don’t have the spacial relationship skills to translate the 2d video into my 3d space.

What helped more is
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first#post5923849

This guy offered specific tips in text that I could use, gave me a sense of which are hard for everyone, and a general sense of what to expect — none of the vids I’ve seen (even the ones he linked) have helped as much as that text.

tl;dr try it for 5-15 minutes each day and don’t worry about mastering it today or tomorrow. You will get it eventually.

aka it’s Zen & the Art of Adventuring for the Agility-Challenged.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, those are good tips. Here, I’ll give a few more.

The 1 skill causes you to dash, and if you run over a yellow icon when dashing, you’ll be jumped to a pre-set location. You do not have to aim, the jump is automatic.

The #3 skill is a ranged teleport. The #2 skill is useless. The skills refresh each time you pass through a gate.

All further directions will be based around “down the lane towards the end” as being forward, left and right relative to that. At the start, #1 dash to launch across the gap, then while moving forward use #3 teleport to the rock ahead and then #1 dash again to cross into the “tube.”

Jump across the gap to pass through that gate, then hang a left and jump into the tube. #3 teleport to the end of that tube where a gold icon is, and then #1 dash through it to launch to the next gate.

Pass through that gate and hop onto the rock to the right, then #3 teleport to the rock with the gold icon on it. This can be tricky, because if you don’t aim it right then you can fall off. Also, the gold icon on this rock is glitchy, and doesn’t always work, causing you to fall, but if it works right then you launch across. #1 dash into the icon and hope for the best.

Continue forward, hopping to the left across to the rock with the gate on it, pass through the gate and forward a bit more. The rock to the left has a high “crest” to it, what you want to do is use the #3 teleport to cross over to the top of that crest. If you aim it wrong you might fall to the right of it, but what you want to do is fall to the left side of the crest. Then run forward and #1 dash into the icon, which should drop you right onto the finishline.

Even when I screw up a few things along the way, that route gets me at least 42 seconds or so, which is plenty for gold.

done by now.”

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I am not clumsy. I have half of my left hand (which happens to be my keyboard hand) has nerve damage, thus I cannot feel if I’m pushing my keyboard hard enough, or the right buttons. It is not easy, but I do not feel entitled to an item because “I can’t do it”.

It just means I have to work harder, and I do, and it’s fine. You should see me do jump puzzles, I have cried. I envy people who can do these things easily, but I know if I keep working at things, I’ll get there.

Like SAB, it took me a long time to do SAB Trib mode. But I did it. I did all of World 1 by myself.

Does it suck you aren’t good at that part of the game? Sure. Do you deserve everything back? No. You don’t get to stomp your foot like a 2 year old with your demands. Especially since it’s silver that is required. Silver with videos is very possible after practice.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

it would be nice if anet would let us buy our way around these events even if it was super unreasonably expensive

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

it would be nice if anet would let us buy our way around these events even if it was super unreasonably expensive

NO, then we start the never ending spiral of PAY TO WIN.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Legendary is more than just a name. Besides, like others have said, you can watch videos on it. They also just made Adventures easier so should be better for you. Finally, there is warning, it’s called WIKI, you can easily see the requirements of the collection from there.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

@Younger. I am less agile than the average player and somehow I managed to do it. I agree: getting silver (which I’ll have to do again, apparently, if I want a raven staff) is a pain in the, urm, kitten [sic].

Here’s how I went about:

• I parked a toon at the start.
  • Each day, if I felt like it, I’d try it out and keep at it until either I got silver (never) or yelled at my computer screen once (ok, sometimes twice).
  • I kept at it and eventually learned a couple of tricks.
  • I got faster and faster and finally silver’d it.

I have watched vids of other adventures and they can be fun to watch — I am impressed with the madd skillz of our community. However, I have yet to find one that actually helped me get better at a single adventure, never mind get silver. I can’t tell where exactly people are when they do some sort of trick, even after stopping/starting the vids — I just don’t have the spacial relationship skills to translate the 2d video into my 3d space.

What helped more is
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first#post5923849

This guy offered specific tips in text that I could use, gave me a sense of which are hard for everyone, and a general sense of what to expect — none of the vids I’ve seen (even the ones he linked) have helped as much as that text.

tl;dr try it for 5-15 minutes each day and don’t worry about mastering it today or tomorrow. You will get it eventually.

aka it’s Zen & the Art of Adventuring for the Agility-Challenged.

The 18s Ley Run video was pretty helpful for the path to go.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I feel your pain, my 200-300 ping keeps this adventure well and truly out of my reach….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Ohoni.6057

NO, then we start the never ending spiral of PAY TO WIN.

True. Any shortcuts should be in ingame options, not gem store options, and should be reasonable. No sense in having “possible” solutions that are massively implausible, that’s just cruel.

They also just made Adventures easier so should be better for you.

Actually, I’m pretty sure Leyline was left alone, since it was already considered fairly easy.

done by now.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Cool; that’s worth my taking another look.

However, like I say, I typically can’t follow someone else’s path as shown in a video. I have trouble translating what I see there into where I’m supposed to turn or when. It works okay for most JPs, where I have as much time as I need to orient myself; it’s not good for adventures, because they are timed. (Although, I will sometimes just go far enough in to find a tricky spot and practice that and restart.)

Anyhow, my point is: even people who are handicapped in some way for these type of challenges can eventually succeed (at least, if they are otherwise able to play the game). It’s just harder and takes longer.

Ohoni.6057

However, like I say, I typically can’t follow someone else’s path as shown in a video. I have trouble translating what I see there into where I’m supposed to turn or when. It works okay for most JPs, where I have as much time as I need to orient myself; it’s not good for adventures, because they are timed. (Although, I will sometimes just go far enough in to find a tricky spot and practice that and restart.)

Yeah, most speed runs are pretty confusing if you don’t already know what you’re doing. I tried to watch one of the speed runs just to refresh my memory of the layout before giving tips, and even knowing how it works I had to keep pausing and rewinding.

I think anyone serious about “teaching” with these videos rather than just showing off their time (not that that’s a bad thing), should take the added step of using slo-mo, freeze frame, and annotations to explain the method as they go (“ok, -pause- right here -circles icon- is the icon, you want to press 1 next to it and it boosts you over -unpause- here. Then you want to . . .”).

Anyhow, my point is: even people who are handicapped in some way for these type of challenges can eventually succeed (at least, if they are otherwise able to play the game). It’s just harder and takes longer.

True, although that doesn’t mean that things can’t or shouldn’t be done to make it less harder and longer. I mean, there’s no virtue in something taking an exceptional amount of time to master. If a player has no personal interest in mastering the task, and merely wants the thing at the end of it, having multiple options is really not a bad idea, it allows players some choice in which activities they want to invest that time in to get their reward.

done by now.”

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Watch a video guide of how to complete it. Mimic the movements. Learn the jumps. I’m not sure why you think you need god like reflexes – it’s silver, not gold. Just practice and you’ll get it.

You do realise some people no matter what they watch or how many tries they do ever get some things completed?

Its why human beings are so different, skill in a game is meaningless its hand eye coordination and ping time, if you lack in one or the other you will never ever pass certain content, which is quite unfair considering its a game, supposedly designed for fun.

To this day i’ve never been able to get a bomb to the mine entrance in dry top, after many hours of trying..

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You could pay someone to do it for you. That’s the problem with solo-only content that can be failed and why it’s so rare to see in MMOs. If you’re simply not capable, there’s nothing you can do, whereas in group content, you can be carried through the most challenging of challenges.

As an alternative, they should offer a repeatable daily which only requires starting the adventure and after 30 repeats, you’re simply given the rewards as if you completed the adventure at gold. It would double as a workaround for those that complain about the mastery points.

Legendaries were originally meant to show dedication to various areas of the game however. Adventures simply added a small personal skill check.

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

You do realise some people no matter what they watch or how many tries they do ever get some things completed?

Its why human beings are so different, skill in a game is meaningless its hand eye coordination and ping time, if you lack in one or the other you will never ever pass certain content, which is quite unfair considering its a game, supposedly designed for fun.

To this day i’ve never been able to get a bomb to the mine entrance in dry top, after many hours of trying..

While I’m well aware everybody is different, OP was asking why he needed “fighter pilot reflexes” which I’m pointing out isn’t needed for this specific task. No, you can’t autorun a straight path to the end easily, but you also don’t need to be dodge rolling lighting bolts flashing down to kill you in .5s dodge windows or something crazy like that. Now, to your point, luckily hand eye coordination is something that can be improved (and this is what the OP is having trouble with). Will OP ever hit fighter pilot reflexes? Unlikely. Will OP be able to achieve silver or better? Absolutely! As long as they aren’t smashing their keyboard and yelling at their monitor after each failed attempt thus increasing frustration which will impact performance.

Learning and overcoming something is part of a fun game experience, I don’t want everything spoon fed to me. I remember playing games when I was young and guides/walkthroughs did not exist and you overcame something on your own through multiple trials and patience.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Don’t feel too bad…I can’t even get bronze on sanctum scramble. Jumping puzzle+time limit+unfamiliar skills=frustrated me.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I don’t think clumsy people should be given any sort of weapon at all, never mind legendary ones. It’s just too dangerous.

Next we’ll be blindfolding them and making them run with scissors.

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

I don’t think clumsy people should be given any sort of weapon at all, never mind legendary ones. It’s just too dangerous.

Next we’ll be blindfolding them and making them run with scissors.

Oh noes!
Back in GW Hall of Heroes- there was an opponent named just that, and he/she was amazing!

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This is a reminder why the legendary journey needs to be scrapped. We need legendaries to get back to the way they were handled.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

How was there no warning? … you can see from the list of achievements what you need to do. Did you not research before embarking on such a significant task?

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Honestly you’re selling yourself short. If it was gold I would agree with you, but Anet has allowed a large amount of breathing room for silver on these adventure challenges, they even nerfed many further on the last update.

Watch a video so you can see where the shortcuts are and practice. Just writing youself off from the get go won’t accomplish anything.

Khisanth.2948

Yeah, most speed runs are pretty confusing if you don’t already know what you’re doing. I tried to watch one of the speed runs just to refresh my memory of the layout before giving tips, and even knowing how it works I had to keep pausing and rewinding.

I think anyone serious about “teaching” with these videos rather than just showing off their time (not that that’s a bad thing), should take the added step of using slo-mo, freeze frame, and annotations to explain the method as they go (“ok, -pause- right here -circles icon- is the icon, you want to press 1 next to it and it boosts you over -unpause- here. Then you want to . . .”).

The videos are on YouTube. You can already run it in slow motion if you want.

Ohoni.6057

The videos are on YouTube. You can already run it in slow motion if you want.

Lol, well there is 25% speed mode, but I was talking more directly slowing at the tricky bits and telestrating the action.

done by now.”

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I feel your pain, my 200-300 ping keeps this adventure well and truly out of my reach….

I have 200-300 ping if everything is going well, and I can get silver on it. There are times when I can’t try it but that’s usually when I am suffering lag spikes.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am horrible with JPs, but the sad truth is that ley line run is one of the easiest adventure to get gold on. Silver should be a cake walk. If you cannot do this easy challenge you quite frankly do not deserve the legendary.
I also fail to see how you spent 100 hours on the collection (in addition to the gold for the materials). Doing the nevermore collections takes like 1 or 2 evenings if you have the materials.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have 200-300 ping if everything is going well, and I can get silver on it. There are times when I can’t try it but that’s usually when I am suffering lag spikes.

I couldn’t even get Bronze after trying for about 10-15 mins lol. I watched the vid on youtube too and could see what I was meant to be doing but it was just not working for me. I could see where it was going wrong, jumps not registering or the old ping/lag issues that you see in Drytop with those skills. The server just picks it up too slow. They really need to make these adventures and jumps in general client side like they did for glider deployment. It would solve a lot of problems for a lot of people.

I have got Silver on pretty much every other adventure and gold on a couple/few of them, this one however is just one that wont play nice.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Dear OP I’m in the same boat in which I’m rather clumsy and kitten a lot. However with each run of something I slowly get a bit faster or knowledgeable. ANET has been rather generous with some of these activities and I find silver doable with some practice. Gold on the otherhand seems to vary. Fortunately I never felt like I needed to gold all of them.

I suggest watching a video as a sort of guide on the pathing. Then set a time like an hour or two. If you can’t finish it then calmly stop and come back another day. Don’t get frustrated and try to find fun in it.

I know most of the responses seem rather elitist but I think if you should take anything from them it’s that they think it’s possible for you. I believe in you, don’t give up, never stop fighting the fight.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Sorry OP, only good players are allowed to get a legendary weapon. You need more practise, that’s all.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

timed mini games or JP should never be required for a legendary. make it hard, yes, but make it accessible to all.

Ohoni.6057

I think the real solution, big picture, is to never require one thing as an objective. Too often that will end up being a stopgap even when players are perfectly capable of the remaining ones. Instead, offer many things one can do, but only require that they do 80-90% of them to complete the meta-objective. Have alternatives so that if some of the objectives prove to be a problem to an individual player, they can just do other objectives instead, but they still need to do most of the objectives.

done by now.”

Dante.1508

Learning and overcoming something is part of a fun game experience,

No it is not.

That said my hands shake very badly and i have arthritis, my hand eye coordination will never get better, i’m personally ok with never getting a legendary, they are ugly as sin to me, but forcing such content to pass it is extremely unfair on those in my condition that ever did want them.

What ever happened to the original fun experience GW2 released as..

Felahr.9830

I think the real solution, big picture, is to never require one thing as an objective. Too often that will end up being a stopgap even when players are perfectly capable of the remaining ones. Instead, offer many things one can do, but only require that they do 80-90% of them to complete the meta-objective. Have alternatives so that if some of the objectives prove to be a problem to an individual player, they can just do other objectives instead, but they still need to do most of the objectives.

Aye, this. Like, fine, its a new legendary and you want maguuma content to be tied into it. give us a choice of events or minigames. you can do chak gerent or ley line run. or whatever.

Dante.1508

Aye, this. Like, fine, its a new legendary and you want maguuma content to be tied into it. give us a choice of events or minigames. you can do chak gerent or ley line run. or whatever.

But then the Hardcore niche get upset and cry because something is too “easy” or easier than they had it.

Felahr.9830

But then the Hardcore niche get upset and cry because something is too “easy” or easier than they had it.

lolno. its still a legendary. it still requires a massive amount of materials and resources. changing ONE of the collection/journey steps from a 5 minute minigame to a 30 minute meta event isnt going to change the economic impact. its still gonna cost 2900 gold in the end.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think the real solution, big picture, is to never require one thing as an objective.

Yes. The game — as originally released — offered lots of options for increasing levels, adding hero points, earning various sorts loot. There are several extra mastery points available (although not as many extra as there are extra Hero Points).

That started to change a while back. For example: for years, crafting was the only way to reliably obtain ascended gear. For various collections, there is only one adventure that you can run instead of a variety of similar ones.

That said, I think it’s fair that legendary collections require all sorts of content to be completed. I think it’s also more fun if the collections fit a theme and aren’t copy/paste versions of each other.

However, maybe it would be sufficient to require bronze level instead of silver, whenever an adventure is the only path forward to completing a collection.

Ohoni.6057

That said, I think it’s fair that legendary collections require all sorts of content to be completed. I think it’s also more fun if the collections fit a theme and aren’t copy/paste versions of each other.

Yeah, but apparently Nevermore requires you to turn into a Leyline bug and get silver or better in an arbitrary race course, which is pretty tricky to justify on “thematic” grounds.

As for bronze/silver, that depends entirely on the adventure itself. I mean, I don’t think gold is all that much harder to get on this one than bronze, if you can get bronze you can likely get gold with another couple tries, but I could see people not having the dexterity to get even bronze. On others, silver is easy enough but gold is insane (even after the nerfs). So it’s kinda random.

done by now.”

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

No it is not.

That said my hands shake very badly and i have arthritis, my hand eye coordination will never get better, i’m personally ok with never getting a legendary, they are ugly as sin to me, but forcing such content to pass it is extremely unfair on those in my condition that ever did want them.

Oh how far we gamers have fallen. Did I actually read someone disagreeing that gaming is about learning and overcoming things? That’s a sad commentary on the state of gaming if that’s a common view.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

timed mini games or JP should never be required for a legendary. make it hard, yes, but make it accessible to all.

hard and accessible is a contradiction in itself
silver in ley line run is neither inaccessible nor hard unless you have a disability

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

What’s spent is spent, but the first class of Legendary weapons are still available to make and don’t require a bunch of totally weapon unrelated difficult tasks or progress blocking jumping puzzles designed to force us to play content we don’t necessarily enjoy. Precursors still drop, can be obtained in the Mystic Forge and purchased from the market.

I did the Wintersday JP 50 to 100 times each day. On day 8 I got lucky. On day 13 I got lucky. On day 18 I got lucky. I got the reward, but I never got any better.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I don’t understand how somebody can manage the multitude of things required to get to the fourth legendary collection and not be able to handle the ley-line run. Some of the fractals you need to do have to be more of a challenge than a 2 minute long puzzle that is only actually tricky if you don’t understand the mechanics.

Dante.1508

No it is not.

Oh how far we gamers have fallen. Did I actually read someone disagreeing that gaming is about learning and overcoming things? That’s a sad commentary on the state of gaming if that’s a common view.

I don’t play games for challenging content or feel the need to over come great issues, i play games casually to lay back and just go with the flow, games for me are for removing frustrations and tension not adding to it.

Do you watch a movie for a challenge and grind?

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

To the OP … I’m afraid it’s going to get worse for you.

I have everything required for Nevermore … apart from the fact that I need to max out the mastery chains. To do this you need a lost of mastery points. To get those you need to do a lot of Adventures. It’s taking me an age.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Cool; that’s worth my taking another look.

That’s the cost of being human. People also need to realise they can spend their gaming time doing things they like instead of getting frustrated over a skin.

edit: OP, you could try the longer term memory approach. Spend time on the ley line challenge, watch vids, spend more time running it. Then forget about it, for a week or two.

When you try again, it’ll be much easier.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

(edited by Jayden Ennok.3687)

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I am horrible with JPs, but the sad truth is that ley line run is one of the easiest adventure to get gold on. Silver should be a cake walk. If you cannot do this easy challenge you quite frankly do not deserve the legendary.
I also fail to see how you spent 100 hours on the collection (in addition to the gold for the materials). Doing the nevermore collections takes like 1 or 2 evenings if you have the materials.

Comments like this bother me. I’m embarassed to be apart of the community knowing I share it with people like you. Ley Line Run has a right time limit for players that aren’t as agile. It may be easy for you, but it isn’t for everyone. Your comment is neither encouraging nor beneficial to the discussion, which is a violation of the forum rules if I’m not mistaken.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Khisanth.2948

No it is not.

I don’t play games for challenging content or feel the need to over come great issues, i play games casually to lay back and just go with the flow, games for me are for removing frustrations and tension not adding to it.

Do you watch a movie for a challenge and grind?

Most movies are not meant to be interactive.

Most games expect you to interact with it.

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

Comments like this bother me. I’m embarassed to be apart of the community knowing I share it with people like you. Ley Line Run has a right time limit for players that aren’t as agile. It may be easy for you, but it isn’t for everyone. Your comment is neither encouraging nor beneficial to the discussion, which is a violation of the forum rules if I’m not mistaken.

You are over-exaggerating big-time. Plz remove “war” from your account name, then it would suit u :P The first comment may be a little tactless but he is right… games are about wining or losing and overcoming obstacles… I believe we only have the right to request nerfs if smth is broken, I don’t consider silver in any adventure to be broken. Do you? Especially regarding a skin! O_o

PS: If a game isn’t supposed to be challenging then… where is my bazooka to one-shot raid/fractal/etc bosses

To OP: Watch a gold youtube video (there are countless on the internet), learn your way around (learning each individual spot of the adventure separately is the key) and try to do the same thing. You will manage, I am sure of it. Maybe not on you first try but after… 5-10-20 tries. I also consider it an easy adventure compared with the rest of them and it isn’t supposed to give you a hard time. Maybe you were doing smth wrong? Taking a wrong turn or didn’t know which skill to use to pass over a specific gap? Adventures definitely don’t need pilot reflexes to acquire silver on them.

Here are a few: (not mine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taop3UFgk2s (45s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c70X520kAlw (40s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaFQBWzoEg (45s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MieyCwoZb-Y (40s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fABJHtaED5s (explanation)