Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I am glad to see the sense of entitlement on these forums has remained the same since I last was here.

If you want the shiny, why don’t you do the thing that needs doing to get the shiny? How hard is this logic?

All this whining can be mostly paraphrased as WE HAVE DONE NOTHING AND WE ARE ALL OUT OF IDEAS. There are guilds teaching raids, there are teaching runs on the gorram lfg kitten … But why bother when it’s easier to come to the forums and whine and whine? Smh…

As for the screenshots, they are highly disappointing to me. I will have enough stuff to make one at release and another in a little while, but will probably be done for the stats swapping and runes thing, rather than the skins. Maybe the videos will be more convincing, but after seeing the one for the heavy armor, I sincerely doubt that. The movement of the armor is cool and all, but the skins are… just… so… disappointing…

At least I’m hoping for a new legendary weapon to come out next week…

:(

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am glad to see the sense of entitlement on these forums has remained the same since I last was here.

If you want the shiny, why don’t you do the thing that needs doing to get the shiny? How hard is this logic?

All this whining can be mostly paraphrased as WE HAVE DONE NOTHING AND WE ARE ALL OUT OF IDEAS. There are guilds teaching raids, there are teaching runs on the gorram lfg kitten … But why bother when it’s easier to come to the forums and whine and whine? Smh…

As for the screenshots, they are highly disappointing to me. I will have enough stuff to make one at release and another in a little while, but will probably be done for the stats swapping and runes thing, rather than the skins. Maybe the videos will be more convincing, but after seeing the one for the heavy armor, I sincerely doubt that. The movement of the armor is cool and all, but the skins are… just… so… disappointing…

At least I’m hoping for a new legendary weapon to come out next week…

:(

Or you know just pay for ppl to do it for you and run the raids so… ya there is that simply buy your armor. This is why collection systems are not working and are bad for things like legendary level gear. Its ok for skins but not useful items like legendary. So… i think you do not want something taken from you its not so much that you want other the get these YOU want to have them alone.

How about this make it so legendary armor cant be swapped lets make them ascned level armor and skins but they can only be swapped by npc. Same thing with weapons then all of this becomes a non issues.

There will be some power creep but it will be mitigated by making ppl go back to an npc to changes them so you don’t have too much freedom on you during a raids wvw match etc…

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the light armor has a theme thats almost interesting enough to make me go for it, but i dont main a light class and i flat out refuse to go through the onerous time gates associated with this set. i will not log in every day for 6 months – 1 year and attempt to raid and wander around several maps checking for open faction provisioners. it isnt fun to take your entire play time and waste it in trying to do things that dont necessarily succeed for extremely long periods of time.

the same applies to legendary backpacks, to a lesser extent. those time gates are at least more manageable. please stop making things so time gated. i get it that you want to make it a lengthy journey so it has some sort of life memory associated with it, but just stop. its a huge turn off.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Jski.6180

I come to the concision that legendary items in gw2 are the end all be all power creep gear. As in if they do add in a combo that is harder to get the others and is a bit strong 3 combo vs 4 combo vs all combo the legendary items already have it ending that build in delay of players building items and testing things.

Look if you have a full legendary set you already have all the combos they are going to add in from expansion zones etc.. you no longer need to buy these because you already have some effects of them. For legendary to truly work for where they come from your going to need to lock there combos choose to some level.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I think legendary armor should be avaliable to obtain in some way in every game mode pvp, pve and wvw. Yes it should be extremely hard to get in any type of game mode. But it should not be locked behind a game mode a majority of guild wars dosnt play.

This sums it up in a nutshell. I certainly hope ANeT is actually reading this thread instead of tooting their horn. It seems like they ignore the concerns of players who dislike the raids.

Why would they listen to complaints about having to do Raids to obtain Legendary armor, when it was announced 2 years ago that the first Legendary armor was going to be locked behind raids. I don’t see them changing the current model, however I do see them developing armors for other game modes.

No, apparently they won’t with the current way they ignore the concerns of the MAJORITY of players.

As soon as it was announced that they would lock something that players were actually wanting behind a game mode most players dislike ANeT could have said they would be also developing armor for outside the raids. But they did not. Instead they did what they did with WvW when they decided to turn every borderland into a desert and ignored the feedback they instantly received. You see, with the desert BLs they had done so much work developing them that they sure as kitten were not going to shelve the project. Now it is the same with Legendary Armor. They’ve put too much work into how to get them, along with design, that there is no way that we will see anything outside of raids coming to our game mode any time soon. So I’m not holding my breath that ANeT will actually announce that they will create a non-raid way obtain Legendary Armor. Thanks for ignoring us, ANeT.

Sounds like you were ignoring what Anet was telling you they were going to do, hoping that community would be able to sway their opinion, and on somethings, they have. Been when they flat out tell you what it is and how it is to be obtained, if you objected to that, you should have not bought HoT.

ANeT ignores the majority at its own peril. They received the negative feedback on WvW for a long time and lost thousands of players due to inaction. Many, if not most of those players, have not returned. It’s very evident with the current WvW situation.

Now, as for non-WvW players, many are getting bored. I hear it from guildies and friends that have played this game from Day 1. So ANeT ignores the complaints, feedback and suggestions of long time players at their own peril if they wish to stay in business. Happy and involved players buy gems.

You are presenting the absolute opposite of reality here. WvW was a matter of them ignoring primary WvW players(minority) over WvW inclusive PVE-primary players(majority), but sure, force that to fit your narrative.

So now you want them to do the same and expect different results.

Casual-Open World-snobs are ironically, demonstrably the cancer of the game. Even now when they are getting quite obviously the most skewed attention towards them in the history of post-game development, they are letting their bizarre, skewed, inaccurate representation of the game ruin it for themselves, they have been camapiagning to ruin the game for others ever since HOT.

Honestly, it’s obvious to me as someone who is world-event primary, everything else inclusive type player. It’s digusting, it’s even more exclusionist than ANY raid group I’ve been in since playing MMOs(back since late-Karnak Everquest) and it makes me ashamed to be part of the fandom.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Posted by: Lanto.5476

Lanto.5476

It is good to put the purchase of LI with laurels for people who do not raid or can .

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

For the light armor animation, i’m guessing, it will be something like:
1. The head piece will collapse on head to form a crown in non combat.
2. The shoulder will collapse on shoulder, attached, forming a crystal shoulder pauldron alike in non combat.
3. The bones on gloves will fold into the side of the gloves in non combat.
4. The bones on the butt cape will probably rotate up, down or backward in non combat. Like a car windshield wiper. If it has magic property alike animation, it would probably turn into a ball fitting into the the hinge alike area of each bones (unlikely).
5. Chest glow will disappear in non combat.
You will be getting folding/collapsing mechanic ala Heavy Armor. I can’t see they coded it much differently from heavy. Still won’t take away the fact butt cape is ugly but i could totally see the other pieces being good.
There won’t be much surprises than you can already imagine by looking at the still image. So, don’t hype yourself up too much tbh.

Medium armor? It doesn’t matter, nothing can save trench coat. Not even raining pegasus, quaggan, naked Lord Farren and unicorn animation combine can change the fact that trench coat is ugly.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

The reaction is not surprising. It’s impossible to satisfy everyone with one single set, especially when it has to be enough outlandish and over-the-top to earn the title “legendary.”

I wonder how many ordinary (non-legendary) sets they could have made by the time they made the legendary armors, because Heart of Thorns really could have used more sets at launch. If they could have added 3 or 4 additional sets for all armor classes and put them in game (perhaps as LW3 episode rewards) that could have eased the lack of new options in Fashion Wars 2, which is still an issue.

Now, even though I always play solo and unguilded, I fully believe that raiders and top-PvP players should have unique perks for the sake of bragging rights (sorry, you shouldn’t be able to get everything solo) so I’m not saying that the concept of giving them legendary armors is bad, but if it came at the cost of sets for more casual players then this is a bit unfortunate.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

The reaction is not surprising. It’s impossible to satisfy everyone with one single set, especially when it has to be enough outlandish and over-the-top to earn the title “legendary.” …

Can’t make everyone happy.
I keep hearing this term. If one aimed not to put effort in making everyone happy, how can one really make everyone remotely close to being happy?
HoT expansion was designed to divide the community further and promote elitism to new height.
They have never tried to make everyone happy from the get go with HoT.

I truly don’t understand why ppl are complaining of no access to it now and actually bought HoT. It was made clear that they were not going to cater anyone outside raid with legendary armor introduction. What prompts the delay reaction of something that one has already known for fact for more than a year? Envy I supposed.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

is this recipe final or speculative ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Jski.6180

That it and something to do with the new ls raids i think.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

That’s the intent. Anet did as little as possible to make the appearance of the armor unique, added the features to make it Legendary, and will then go back to pushing outfits.

That theory is erroneous since the Legendary Armor will provide unique pompous effects that won’t be visible unless you use the skin.

The product has to be viable on some level, but I don’t think moving parts are going to change that many peoples opinions about the medium and light armor. I mean, up until this release, Ascended gear was pretty darn prestigious if you were into having best stats, but I don’t see that many people using the skins. […]

That is true, but then again those don’t have any special effects, do they?

For instance, there are Legendary Weapons with really nice effects, but I find most of their skins highly unattractive (cheesy, exaggerated, too bright, too childish etc.). So I won’t get any of those. Now, do you see any of the people who own and use a Legendary Weapon to ever change its looks by using transmutation charges? No. Why is that? Because they don’t want to lose its unique, flashy effects (such as the aura and the footsteps) that indicate to everyone, “Look at me! I own a legendary!”

Posted by: melissa.3927

melissa.3927

The heavy looks like a transformer xD

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Thats the final recipe. The armor crafting masters in LA tell you all things needed to complete it.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The problem with Legendary Armor being locked behind raids is that this is not the case of a skin. This is the best armor in game. Some will argue that the stats are the same as ascended but the Legendary armor has functionality that ascended does not have and that is the ability to change stats and runes as needed. You cannot do that with ascended. Yes, you can change stats on ascended armor but the cost is prohibitive to do this “as you want” as the current price to change a full set of ascended is at least 91g52s12c (based on current TP buy now and using the cheapest t6 mat) This cost doesn’t include changing an air breather, backpack or the cost of the spirit shards or the cost of runes. Depending on the runes, it can easily add another 1-12g or more to the cost to change the stats as changing ascended destroys the rune. This can easily put the cost over 100g just to change stats once. The small raiding minority gets to do this for free? As many times as they want? This is what I have a problem with in the design of the Legendary Armor system as currently announced.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for locking skins behind content to get people to take part in the content but this goes far beyond a skin. This is a game mechanic that is now locked behind raids. If it was just a skin, very ugly as currently depicted, I wouldn’t have a problem, If I want the skin, I have to do the content.

People compare this to the gift of battle being locked behind a wvw reward track and to a point, I agree, but the big difference is that I can complete a wvw reward track on every character (no matter what their build) and I can do it solo. I don’t need to find 9 other people who are willing to teach me or let alone allow me to learn the raid. I don’t have to find 9 other people who play at the same time I do and want to do the raid at the time I want to do it. I can do that when I work on my gift of battle. I can jump in and work on it for 5 minutes or 5 hours WHEN I WANT TO, not when 9 other people want to do it.

In addition to locking the best armor behind raids, they have also insulted every single person who has played WvW and especially those that have played since launch. SPvP and Fractals have their Legendary Backpacks and have Ascended Armor Vendors which is ironic considering that SPvP doesn’t even need armor yet WvW doesn’t have any of those things. WvW has been in the game since launch and should have at least gotten a Legendary Backpack before Legendary Armor was added as a benefit to a small percentage of the overall game population. Instead WvW gets “blast light fields”. The lack of respect to the WvW community by the game developers is truly appalling.

Like I said earlier, if you want to lock a skin behind content, go ahead, do so. If I want the skin, I’ll do the content but this goes far beyond a skin as the functionality is something of great value that only a small percentage of the population will get. A good example of this is both dungeon and fractal weapons/skins. The original dungeon weapons had weapons that were not better than anything crafted and if you wanted the look or ease in obtaining that stat combo, you did that content. A CoF zerker greatsword functioned no different than any other zerker greatsword whether it was a drop, crafted, whatever. The only difference was the look and ease of obtaining it. This is not the case with Legendary Armor. It is the only armor that functions like it does and is locked behind raids. This should not be locked behind content designed and implemented for a small percentage of the game population.

The main problem with your argumentation is that legendary armor wouldn’t be in the game at all without raids.

You can change your stats around 20 times with the cost of the legenary armor who often do you change them?

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The problem with Legendary Armor being locked behind raids is that this is not the case of a skin. This is the best armor in game. Some will argue that the stats are the same as ascended but the Legendary armor has functionality that ascended does not have and that is the ability to change stats and runes as needed. You cannot do that with ascended. Yes, you can change stats on ascended armor but the cost is prohibitive to do this “as you want” as the current price to change a full set of ascended is at least 91g52s12c (based on current TP buy now and using the cheapest t6 mat) This cost doesn’t include changing an air breather, backpack or the cost of the spirit shards or the cost of runes. Depending on the runes, it can easily add another 1-12g or more to the cost to change the stats as changing ascended destroys the rune. This can easily put the cost over 100g just to change stats once. The small raiding minority gets to do this for free? As many times as they want? This is what I have a problem with in the design of the Legendary Armor system as currently announced.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for locking skins behind content to get people to take part in the content but this goes far beyond a skin. This is a game mechanic that is now locked behind raids. If it was just a skin, very ugly as currently depicted, I wouldn’t have a problem, If I want the skin, I have to do the content.

People compare this to the gift of battle being locked behind a wvw reward track and to a point, I agree, but the big difference is that I can complete a wvw reward track on every character (no matter what their build) and I can do it solo. I don’t need to find 9 other people who are willing to teach me or let alone allow me to learn the raid. I don’t have to find 9 other people who play at the same time I do and want to do the raid at the time I want to do it. I can do that when I work on my gift of battle. I can jump in and work on it for 5 minutes or 5 hours WHEN I WANT TO, not when 9 other people want to do it.

In addition to locking the best armor behind raids, they have also insulted every single person who has played WvW and especially those that have played since launch. SPvP and Fractals have their Legendary Backpacks and have Ascended Armor Vendors which is ironic considering that SPvP doesn’t even need armor yet WvW doesn’t have any of those things. WvW has been in the game since launch and should have at least gotten a Legendary Backpack before Legendary Armor was added as a benefit to a small percentage of the overall game population. Instead WvW gets “blast light fields”. The lack of respect to the WvW community by the game developers is truly appalling.

Like I said earlier, if you want to lock a skin behind content, go ahead, do so. If I want the skin, I’ll do the content but this goes far beyond a skin as the functionality is something of great value that only a small percentage of the population will get. A good example of this is both dungeon and fractal weapons/skins. The original dungeon weapons had weapons that were not better than anything crafted and if you wanted the look or ease in obtaining that stat combo, you did that content. A CoF zerker greatsword functioned no different than any other zerker greatsword whether it was a drop, crafted, whatever. The only difference was the look and ease of obtaining it. This is not the case with Legendary Armor. It is the only armor that functions like it does and is locked behind raids. This should not be locked behind content designed and implemented for a small percentage of the game population.

The main problem with your argumentation is that legendary armor wouldn’t be in the game at all without raids.

You can change your stats around 20 times with the cost of the legenary armor who often do you change them?

legendary for every piece was requested long ago, almost since the game started. They mentioned that they were working on new legendary gear like before 2014? It was always known legendary armor was likely to happen, it was just a matter of when and where.

Jski.6180

Then just remove the collection for it as most ppl hate them over all why make the same error? GW2 been fine with out collection and raids for 5 years and most ppl do not do these things at all. So much wasted time that could of spent on there countless old things that had problems yet in Anets way they only want to keep adding on new things and only 1/2 fix them and move on.

The sad thing is once ppl who do raid get these legendary armors what else will they have to work for. HoT is all you need to get the best armor in the game what happens in the next expansion do you realty think a new skin will drive ppl to redo this? If so then why not just have this set as a skin only as legendary should be.
Look legendary armor going to let ppl have all the combos in the next expansion (unless they lock off legendary combos chose) and will not even need to get the next expansion ls etc..
Mark my world this is going to be a mean-less thing for raiders because it will kill there drive to keep pushing raids or realty any type of pve content.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Legendary armor is not the “best armor”. It has added prestige and functionality over ascended but guess what – you’re not locked out of it.

You say you’re forced to use get it because of the extra “gameplay” function but here’s a catch – Legendary weapons are the same.
So what about a PvP or WvW player – isn’t he forced into PvE content in order to unlock those features for his weapons?
The same way you’re “forced” into raids. This isn’t something that’s new.
You want something – you have to work to get it. Maybe you dislike what you’re doing – but if you want it bad enough – you still work for it.

That’s how I got my PvP ascended backpiece in spite of Anets terrible season balance.

Finding 9 others is a requirement for raids – sure – but you can’t make only solo content for this game.
The idea of locking it behind raids is to give a reward for those players who play raids. It’s locked behind a time/game investment wall.
Just like a dozen other mechanics are locked behind a HoT paywall.
What’s so difficult to understand?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

I don’t like the refined envoy light armor on charr – especially on female. Males at least have their legs covered with the armor/fabric, meanwhile female charrs… Well, they seem to have only pants on – which might look good on humanoid characters, but trashy-look on beast races? please… at least make the armor cover the female charrs legs too, if you managed to give them the male-coat.

That’s another thing that charrs have the light armor split at their tails (both male and female). Which makes it look more stupid on them. I’d rather have more clipping tails, than showing the entrance in pants from behind.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

To those comparing WvW, PVE and PVP to Raids for acquiring Legendary Weapons – the old expression “apples and oranges” comes to mind.

1. You can still get precursors from the mystic forge or drops. All that is required then is to get map completion(easy), a Gift of Battle(fairly easy) and the materials and gold(both soloable). You don’t need 9 dedicated people to clear bosses.
2. The collections are fairly easy. Tedious at times, but easy. Oh, you need some peeps for fractals, but they’re easy to find on the spur of the moment.
3. HoT is an expansion. The only thing locked is content until you buy it. You can still create old Legendary Weapons without it the old fashion way. The only Legendaries that can’t be are the new ones.
4. Getting the back pieces are easy compared to getting the boss kills in Raids(if you have an “easy” time killing raid bosses – Yay, good for you. Pat yourself on the back). And you don’t need HoT to get the back pieces.
5. Legendary armor is LOCKED behind raids if you own HoT or not. Period.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

It’s N/A for me since I don’t raid,and even if I did,the cost of making one set(around 10K gold?) is way too high to justify the minor QoL utility it provides.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

It’s more a problem that, what are they going to do now? Are they going design another set of legendary armor for more raids? Are they going to open up an easier way for the current ones? I doubt current raiders are going to continue with the wings.
The glory about skins is; you can change them.
I’m more worried about the “what’s next”

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If they fixed raids to be playable by anyone without having to waste 3 hours looking for a party then nobody would be complaining. Anet needs difficulty settings for their dungeons and instanced content.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

If they fixed raids to be playable by anyone without having to waste 3 hours looking for a party then nobody would be complaining. Anet needs difficulty settings for their dungeons and instanced content.

If you are wasting 3 hours looking for a party, either extend your friends list, join a guild, or join a static group. People choosing to waste 3 hours of their own time looking for a group, are doing exactly that, choosing to do it.

Jski.6180

I think this fit here and realty say a lot about legendary armor and how you get it. Also not see it on these forms for a long time.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If you are wasting 3 hours looking for a party, either extend your friends list, join a guild, or join a static group. People choosing to waste 3 hours of their own time looking for a group, are doing exactly that, choosing to do it.

and how many hours does it take to find these things you speak of?

is it required for most of the rest of the game?

how long does it take once you get these groups and you are the new guy?

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Wasting 3 hours? Really? I’ve been raiding for a year and never experienced that even though im pugging all my clears. Can people that don’t raid stop making ignorant comments?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wasting 3 hours? Really? I’ve been raiding for a year and never experienced that even though im pugging all my clears. Can people that don’t raid stop making ignorant comments?

This heavily depends on many things, like your playing time (it’s easier at some hours, harder for others), zone (there are some differences between EU and US), the roles you can fulfill in group composition, and, of course, your LI numbers.
That it’s easy for you doesn’t mean other players’ situation is similar.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fatalyz.7168

and how many hours does it take to find these things you speak of?

is it required for most of the rest of the game?

how long does it take once you get these groups and you are the new guy?

1) It would be reasonable to assume that someone that is playing an MMO, will have made friends or found a guild to run with. If that person is intent on being solo, what part of Challenging GROUP Content, would appeal to them?

2) Nope, but then Raids weren’t designed to be like the rest of the game.

3) Not sure what you are asking. How long does it take before you start getting kills, how long are you waiting to start, can you be more specific?

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

I like the heavy and light armor. In my opinion they’re unique and looks pretty agressive, each on their own style. I enjoy seeing a charr with the heavy armor, it looks really evil and menacing! The light armor is magical in style, loving it but I’m really eager to see how it will looks like on my male elementalist, mesmer and my asura.

I dislike the medium armor though. I don’t like the bones but I don’t really care about the trench coat it’s not a problem for me (I’m wondering why people don’t like trench coats and buttcapes)

It’s all about THE COLORS

Fatalyz.7168

(I’m wondering why people don’t like trench coats and buttcapes)

If I were to venture a guess, it would be because that is a majority of the armors that we have. People would like variety.

Well, more variety.

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

I disagree with most people here complaining about the “tasteless” and “generic” heavy armor and disjointed light armor. I think that what we saw from the screenshots aren’t all we’ll get in the next episode. As a matter of fact I didn’t like the colors they chose, I’d dyed a golden lion, abyss and deep glacial sky for the heavy armor, it would look insane! and some darker plus vibrant colors for the light armor (vibrant colors for the crystals, I hope we can dye them!)

It’s all about THE COLORS

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

My biggest complaint is not with how the armor itself looks, it’s mostly fine – it’s just that it’s absurd to take years to develop three sets of armor. Something is massively wrong with this game’s engine and/or Anet’s management that such an insane amount of time is put into such small amounts of stuff.

Fatalyz.7168

My biggest complaint is not with how the armor itself looks, it’s mostly fine – it’s just that it’s absurd to take years to develop three sets of armor. Something is massively wrong with this game’s engine and/or Anet’s management that such an insane amount of time is put into such small amounts of stuff.

I’m sure part of it is the engine, the other part of it is Charr and Asura because they have different models than the humans, Norn, and Sylvari.

If they only had to develop a for a humanoid model, I’m pretty sure we would have a faster turn around on armors.

Jski.6180

I’m sure part of it is the engine, the other part of it is Charr and Asura because they have different models than the humans, Norn, and Sylvari.

If they only had to develop a for a humanoid model, I’m pretty sure we would have a faster turn around on armors.

It realty takes that long to make it smaller for asura (that all looks like the same armor M vs F) and add a tail hold for the charr? There is something else going on here please stop giving anet an out they messed up and they need to be told as such.

And at the end of the day the shoulder seem to blind a person trying to do a ranged attk with a bow if they cant fix that in a few years i am not sure what they are doing with there time.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Fatalyz.7168

It realty takes that long to make it smaller for asura (that all looks like the same armor M vs F) and add a tail hold for the charr? There is something else going on here please stop giving anet an out they messed up and they need to be told as such.

If you think it takes too long, please come up with a way for them to do it faster. I’m all ears.

Do you have any proof that there is something else going on or just your opinion?

How did they mess up?

And at the end of the day the shoulder seem to blind a person trying to do a ranged attk with a bow if they cant fix that in a few years i am not sure what they are doing with there time.

You are assuming it is a simple fix. If you are not assuming, please enlighten the rest of us as to how simple of a fix it really is (facts mind you, not your opinion).

Jski.6180

If you think it takes too long, please come up with a way for them to do it faster. I’m all ears.

Do you have any proof that there is something else going on or just your opinion?

How did they mess up?

You are assuming it is a simple fix. If you are not assuming, please enlighten the rest of us as to how simple of a fix it really is (facts mind you, not your opinion).

They could just make a different looking armor set for each races over trying to use the same for all races so you do not need to make it work. Outfits already very from races to races why not make armor the same way.

You simply make that side different then the other side then there would be nothing that blocks where your looking…

The mess up is spending this time work time on skins when they could be doing it on balancing and very big problems about gw2 wvw spvp and even pve. Skins should be an after though more then the main thing.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The mess up is spending this time work time on skins when they could be doing it on balancing and very big problems about gw2 wvw spvp and even pve. Skins should be an after though more then the main thing.

I am fairly certain that the people who work on skins are not really the people who could be balancing the game, developing WvW, PvP, etc.

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

The heavy set actually looks okay to me.

Jski.6180

I am fairly certain that the people who work on skins are not really the people who could be balancing the game, developing WvW, PvP, etc.

I get that but they could hire ppl to do one thing over another its not like they can only have a set person working there. Ppl can be fired and hire or even cross train. Cross training is something you should always look to do.

I also do not think its just the ppl who are coming up with the art work for the skin there more to it there coding it in and at the very least you can move ppl such as thing to different places.

The raiding team ppl think is just 10 ppl what they are doing is coming up with how raids should work and maybe programing but they are not making the skins for it nor are they coding thoughts skins in the game. They may not even be coding at all but they are using other ppl to do all of this so that 10 ppl is miss leading. This could be said for every thing in the game so the best judges of what is going on at anet is what comes out for the game. As things stand we have a new LS that has a lot to do with raids we should be getting a new map for pve events many more skins are coming out from thoughts raids and a few i hope from the pve map. Legendary armor seems to be coming out (something that took 4 ish years more then likely just 2 of real work) who knows how many worked on that. We are more then like going to have some level of balance chances to “fix” classes for the new raids.

We may see a reward track line for wvw and spvp that it… do you not see the problem here every thing anet is doing is for raids (with some pve open world). Wvw players and spvp players should get something for there time spend in game beyond just there bare minimum of gear and items. I think there is something to be said about wvw vs pve too as in wvw players are playing for there world pve players are playing for them self there needs to be something to reward this work (as in the wvw rewards even the +% that do not work where never enofe to make wvw going well.)

There is something wrong and anet is causing this with there chose a pure man made bug that only the player bases can fix.

I understand i talked about wvw and spvp here and it may get moved because of that but its a dev waist land on thoughts they do not response or post there (not like they realty post here out side of the start showing this means nothing to them it seems) but still they at least posted once.

So you maybe happy with your new toy just remember a lot of gw2 not going to even get a chances at getting these.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Fatalyz.7168

They could just make a different looking armor set for each races over trying to use the same for all races so you do not need to make it work. Outfits already very from races to races why not make armor the same way.

You simply make that side different then the other side then there would be nothing that blocks where your looking…

While they could create different skins and lock them behind race, that doesn’t prove that it would be faster than what we have currently. It only says it could be done a different way.

Even doing it the way that you suggested would still take time. This is because of the fact that every new armor piece has to be compared to other armor skins that are already in the game, and make sure to reduce/minimize any clipping with those other pieces, simply because they can be mixed and matched. This is also why they are able to produce outfits at a much faster pace than armor skins, they don’t have to match or worry about clipping with those sets, because they can’t be mixed and matched.

Do you have any proof that they aren’t spending time working on balance or your “very big problems about gw2” or is it just your opinion?

Also in relation to Legendary armor, had they not have made that, there is no evidence that they would have done anything with the other areas of the game, that you think that they should have. In fact, had there been no Legendary armor, they most likely would have either just made more skins for the rest of the game, or just put more skins behind raids.

Ashen.2907

I get that but they could hire ppl to do one thing over another its not like they can only have a set person working there. Ppl can be fired and hire or even cross train. Cross training is something you should always look to do.

I also do not think its just the ppl who are coming up with the art work for the skin there more to it there coding it in and at the very least you can move ppl such as thing to different places.

The raiding team ppl think is just 10 ppl what they are doing is coming up with how raids should work and maybe programing but they are not making the skins for it nor are they coding thoughts skins in the game. They may not even be coding at all but they are using other ppl to do all of this so that 10 ppl is miss leading. This could be said for every thing in the game so the best judges of what is going on at anet is what comes out for the game. As things stand we have a new LS that has a lot to do with raids we should be getting a new map for pve events many more skins are coming out from thoughts raids and a few i hope from the pve map. Legendary armor seems to be coming out (something that took 4 ish years more then likely just 2 of real work) who knows how many worked on that. We are more then like going to have some level of balance chances to “fix” classes for the new raids.

We may see a reward track line for wvw and spvp that it… do you not see the problem here every thing anet is doing is for raids (with some pve open world). Wvw players and spvp players should get something for there time spend in game beyond just there bare minimum of gear and items. I think there is something to be said about wvw vs pve too as in wvw players are playing for there world pve players are playing for them self there needs to be something to reward this work (as in the wvw rewards even the +% that do not work where never enofe to make wvw going well.)

There is something wrong and anet is causing this with there chose a pure man made bug that only the player bases can fix.

I understand i talked about wvw and spvp here and it may get moved because of that but its a dev waist land on thoughts they do not response or post there (not like they realty post here out side of the start showing this means nothing to them it seems) but still they at least posted once.

So you maybe happy with your new toy just remember a lot of gw2 not going to even get a chances at getting these.

There are limits to crosstraining. Does the hospital crosstrain the kitchen staff to assist surgeons?

Eerything ANet does is most certainly not for raids. Most of what ANet does is not for raids.

As to, “my little toy,” I dont raid, have no interest in doing so. I spend my play time, currently, split between WvW and PvE.

Posted by: Codes.6870

Codes.6870

The Legendary Armors are poorly designed. The spikes does not make any sense. Add some aura effect to these armors with our choice to customized the colors of the aura. It would also be better if we can have unlimited wardrobe changes on the armor without the use of Transmutation stones.

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

I get that the armor model makers have to be given a job to do. And they can’t just be swapped out for new staff when Anet thinks their job is done for an expansion.

People are just not that fungible. You can’t hired them on a per item basis and expect them to make themselves available instead of finding full time jobs or moving on to other projects.

But given how few new weapon and gear models came with HoT (and how ugly they were), seeing these legendaries doesn’t answer the questions “What have they been doing this whole time?”

I guess just cranking out gem store skins?

Posted by: Luna.6794

Luna.6794

Whoever made them, I’m sorry but they aren’t great designs. I would highly recommend that the original designers go look at other games high end armour and get some better inspiration. (NOT world of crapcraft).

When we first saw Twilight/Eternity, some of the other cool legendary weps, we really liked those and people originally thought “woah awesome” .. but this, this is lacking a lot.

Ashen.2907

Whoever made them, I’m sorry but they aren’t great designs. I would highly recommend that the original designers go look at other games high end armour and get some better inspiration. (NOT world of crapcraft).

When we first saw Twilight/Eternity, some of the other cool legendary weps, we really liked those and people originally thought “woah awesome” .. but this, this is lacking a lot.

I see the current legendary design as a natural progression of the truly awful design present in the original legendaries such as the glowing surfboard “greatswords.” By buying into those designs members of the player base encouraged everything since.

Jski.6180

There are limits to crosstraining. Does the hospital crosstrain the kitchen staff to assist surgeons?

Eerything ANet does is most certainly not for raids. Most of what ANet does is not for raids.

As to, “my little toy,” I dont raid, have no interest in doing so. I spend my play time, currently, split between WvW and PvE.

Yes they can. Got to be one of the most classes thing i herd in some time. The thing is a lot of ppl do not raid so yes your little toy will make you better off in wvw because you do raid and other worst off because most wvw plays realty most gw2 players do not raid.

Ashen.2907

Yes they can. Got to be one of the most classes thing i herd in some time. The thing is a lot of ppl do not raid so yes your little toy will make you better off in wvw because you do raid and other worst off because most wvw plays realty most gw2 players do not raid.

I honestly am not sure that I nderstood you there. Can you perhaps rephrase?

On the chance that I do understand some of it…

No hospitals, at least in my area, do not have cooks, who are not licensed nurses or the equivalent, who did not go through the extensive education and licensing process to be involved in invasive medical procedures, help perform surgery.

No, I most certainly do NOT raid. I dont have the anti-raid hysteria that seems to affect some, I just dont have the time or opportunity.

Ashen.2907

Forum bugs tend to bug.

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Why is it a problem that legendary armor is gated by doing raid? After all its an end game goal and it should be reachable by doing end game content.
We already have legendary weapons that are gated by buggy events that dont start or get stuck, at least raiders do know they will see the end of it at some point, while the rest are still waiting to see bug fix on older stuff to finish their collections.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?