Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

(Sarcasm on) Bro who cares about details? (Sarcasm off)

so many years for what…

the human male scholar legendary is just riculously ugly. This recycled pants… those over dimensional boots. hahahahaha

You know i am laughing even while writing this.^

If you make a musculose character look at his body without the medium legendary armor.
Afterward let him wear the Legendary armor and look at his arms. you will just cry.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

Seyiwaji.4082

now let’s talk seriously.
If you make an Human male muscular. Look at his arms without the MEDIUM legendary armor.
Afterwards, make him wear the MEDIUM Legendary body piece and look at this arms

YOU WILL CRY…. i swear.
Cheap work.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I take it you don’t really get the state of WvW back then. It was not that easy – but you missed my point entirely. The amount of effort required to get your badges back then was not minuscule. I remember grinding for about two weeks – although I didn’t play WvW only.
The reward system back then was radically different – there were no tracks, you couldn’t “afk” and you only got badges from killing players which was NOT easy considering how big zergs were and how populated WvW was. Not to mention that not all players dropped them. In a large zerg vs zerg fight you were lucky if you dropped around 5.
Did I mention there was no autoloot? so you had to manually pick them up? If you couldn’t – you lost them.

So yeah – I got what I wanted from WvW in about 4-5 hours per day for about two weeks.
A full raid run with a good team will take you 3-4 hours a week. It gives you 13 LIs. You need to do this about 12 times to get your armor. That’s comparable as a time investment in time but not necessarily in skill and dedication – I will admit.

Mate – you don’t get it – it’s about wanting that item – not the rarity. Not the function – that specific item.
If you want something but it’s gated behind content do that content – it’s THAT simple.

You’re telling me that if i wanted THE PVP BACKPIECE I should have done the PVE one? How does that work? Are they the same item with the same skin? You dismiss my argument in an absurd way.
It’s the same as you wanting the legendary armor and me telling you – “just get ascended lel”. it’s not the same thing.
Regardless of “options” if you want something behind gated content – you have to do that content.
Go ahead and complain all you want – if I could I would gladly give you a set of LIs to make your own armor – it’s that bad.

The point being you have the option of having a legendary back from PvE. I guess youre one of those players that cares about the skins. I don’t I just want it for the functionality. WvW should have an option of having legendary armor as well. Give it a different skin so you pvers wont cry about your exclusive skin, i dont care. The point is you have a way of getting a legendary back from pve without ever having to do pvp. WvW and Pvp do not have the option of getting a set of legendary armor without doing pve, and that is not the least bit fair.

And yes, I understand perfectly how wvw was back then. I’ve been playing since beta and have been a wvw player this whole time. Which is why i find your statement utterly ridiculous. It was and still is incredibly easy to get badges. Most wvw players who arent just casual pvers that pop in during reset are sitting on 10s-100s of thousands of badges by now.

All modes deserve their own legendary set. There is a PvE back, if you want that skin, you do pve. There is a pvp back, if you want that skin, you do pvp. But you still have the option of getting a legendary back playing your preferred mode. That option does not exist for legendary armor for those that dont like pve. PvP and WvW deserve a set of legendary armor as well with different skins than the Pve version so everyone can get it in their preferred mode and not be forced to play content they hate.

Honestly – I would love more unique WvW and PvP centered Legendary Armor skins. Maybe if they make more the chances of some of them not being terrible improve.
Yes – the badges are easy now. I don’t see how you can’t recognize they were difficult then.
My point is – at one time there was a non-PvE task to get legendary weapons that was hard – and I did that task without complaining.

All modes deserve their own legendary set.

I agree – on paper that sounds fine – but in reality they give assets to different areas of the game in an unequal manner.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

Now that I’ve seen them ingame, there’s one entirely unforgivable thing IMO:

• You again screwed up Charr and Asura.
  • No tail flap/hole for Charr.
  • No toes for Asura

I mean yeah we get it, the message is clear, play a human-type race. I already deleted two of my characters and remade them as Norn, I do get the message loud and clear.

But could you be just a tiny bit less obvious with the whole “nudge them off the races which are annoying to develop for”? This is legendary armor. This was supposed to be the grand big thing. The epitome of armor.

And yet like 90%+ of them in the game, I can’t even use the shoes it comes with and will be using the same 2-4 skins of all in the game which actually work. Well done. I’m disappointed to a degree I didn’t think possible.

GW2 being multi-racial was a mistake.
They shot themselves in the foot from a development standpoint – having so many character models that you need to make the armor fit and work for means every piece of armor is going to take a LOT more time to make.
And in a skin-driven game – that’s a problem – and a big one at that.

Harper.4173

So I finally made the armor – Heavy Legendary on a human male.
I have to say – seeing the screenshots I wasn’t expecting much but the actual armor – in game – is breathtakingly disappointing. It took me less than one minute to realize I want to reskin over it. It’s that bad.

The animation looks “cool” but turns something that’s a bit flashy and over the top ( but workable) into something horrendous. The protrusions that come off the helm make me look like a ridiculous beetle. The shoulder pads floating around don’t help either.
I’d comment on the rest of it but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I made it because I had already invested SO much into it – i had almost everything good to go with the rest of it costing me around 100-200 gold today to make. I don’t regret spending the money as I feel it has some prestige associated with it but…I regret the hope and hype.

It was supposed to be good and it isn’t. It looks like a mess – and it becomes an even bigger mess once it goes into its combat form.
I could and maybe would wear the non-transformed style for a while. However the “combat mode” is insufferable.

It’s really really sad – that after nearly 4 years of GW2 the best human heavy armor set remains the cultural T3 armor, followed closely by Phalanx Heavy ( a gemstore set).

I weep for the future of SkinWars 2 if this is the “best” and “most prestigious” skin in the game.

maybe you can mix and match some pieces.

I’ve done that to some extent – but the sets don’t flow together as well as you’d like.
There’s an overarching theme to most of them and you can just tell it doesn’t work.
Best I’ve done is the Caudecus Manor heavy helm with the rest of cultural T3 human heavy.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

The colouring part is very, very disappointing. I got both light and heavy and especially the heavy armor looks almost the same, no matter which dye I use. It cannot be dark, even abyss dye looks light gray… Very disappointing indeed
Light armor is a bit better, but again, the color of its animated parts can only be white… why?!?!?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

GW2 being multi-racial was a mistake.
They shot themselves in the foot from a development standpoint – having so many character models that you need to make the armor fit and work for means every piece of armor is going to take a LOT more time to make.
And in a skin-driven game – that’s a problem – and a big one at that.

Oh definitely.

Much as I enjoy playing Asura, mechanically you can see the devs are stopping most of their work after humans, and norn are just lucky enough to share the same body and sylvari can share most armor due to a very similar shape. Asura and Charr with their more unique frames lose out as always.

You’re right, in hindsight, making it 1-race-only would have been a much much better choice.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

So, as a charr ranger, I come up once again with the short stick.

There’s one word for legendary medium armor, and that is: lazy. (And a few other choice words). I usually don’t bother commenting on disappointing stuff, I understand problems of development and animation and necessary corners to be cut, and I know it’s tough, but come on. I admit the heavy and light have some nice racial adjustments, even though I’m personally not fan of the looks, that’s fine. The medium armor? That’s just kitten atrocious. Cuts of horns, cuts of manes, offers the most basic, totally unadjusted and obvious clipping. I’m used to running Soul of Koda, I’m used to overlook clipping, but this is supposed to be THE armor set of the game, the thing you work till you drop to show off, the biggest prestige items hyped up for over a year… and it’s flubbed this bad? YOU put the race in the game, YOU encourage people to play it, YOU should make sure to get it kitten right.

But considering it’s also over a year and the Astralaria effects are still unfixed, I’ll just… stop hoping.

Carighan.6758

Yeah, fully agreed. This is so utterly disappointing. Come oooon. This is the best your team can do? Then you need a new team

Especially if this mess took 2 years to cough up!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

So, now that the raid armour track is done and dusted, might we get a WvW legendary armour track? Feel free to reuse any old skin to make it faster too, we’ve got plenty of transmutation stones to make it look how we want.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I made the medium legendary armor, here is my verdict:

Medium Helm: Hidden
Medium Coat: Transmutated
Medium Shoulder: Love it!!
Medium Gloves: Borderline too big, but I’ll see if I can work with it. Possible candidate for transmutation…
Medium Pants: The transformation to the pants are next level subtle. It’s too meta for me…aka almost non-existent. I’ll keep it because it’s a normal pant though.
Medium Boots: Love it!!

TL;DR – You could do better Anet

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Yeah, fully agreed. This is so utterly disappointing. Come oooon. This is the best your team can do? Then you need a new team

It seems like their answer will be no team at all instead of a new one, meaning they don’t plan to create more Legendary Armor sets ever again

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1qa6m/?context=1000

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Let’s see:

• Awful spiky designs
  • Only for raiders
  • No new sets in the future (Reddit AMA)

Yep, no legendary armour for me then. My timetable doesn’t allow for raiding and I really don’t care for the looks of these anyway. I’d happily take up high end fractals or WvW again if they could earn a set, but not raids, sorry. Looks like I don’t deserve the QoL stat/rune swapping that raiders get, thanks Anet!

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

It seems like their answer will be no team at all instead of a new one, meaning they don’t plan to create more Legendary Armor sets ever again

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1qa6m/?context=1000

So… already deprecated to the recycle bin.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Let’s see:

• Awful spiky designs
  • Only for raiders
  • No new sets in the future (Reddit AMA)

Yep, no legendary armour for me then. My timetable doesn’t allow for raiding and I really don’t care for the looks of these anyway. I’d happily take up high end fractals or WvW again if they could earn a set, but not raids, sorry. Looks like I don’t deserve the QoL stat/rune swapping that raiders get, thanks Anet!

Anet want gw2 to be a job now so… i hope they pay well lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is also no good reason to make this particular set available for everyone. Instead they should ask for another set in another game mode. New sets should take much shorter with the engine groundwork done.

Except there’s no option for that now, that last AMA confirmed they don’t intend to make more sets.

Thus, asking for this one to be available through other means, or to make raids more accessible is the only way left.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

I don’t understand why they have put in so much effort in these over the top transformer armors insteat of doing something really legendary: choose from GW1 prestige Skins, make 3 Armors for each mode and keep the transforming stuff out of it.

The most disappointing feeling i had was after i saw the medium chestpiece before the transformation. All i want is a good looking, not to shiny, not to special breast piece. And what do i get? Exactly that… but as soon as i equip my weapons: trenchcoat time… again. As an assasin player from GW1 i have to say: the medium armor is inferior on any levels to the GW1 stuff.

But well, at least the light headpiece is nice….

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Did they say if they were going to fix dyeying on armors?
I can barely dye the “crystals” of the light armor, it stays way too “white” compared to the rest of the armor.

I like the design, just the dyeing makes it hard to customize properly.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

• No toes for Asura

What’s the problem with the Charr? I seriously think all 3 sets look best on the charr, because of the tail and because of how their upper bodies are much wider than their lower bodies. And because they are simply bigger race.

So personally I am rolling every class as a charr, because that legendary tail is something out of this world

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

• No toes for Asura

What’s the problem with the Charr? I seriously think all 3 sets look best on the charr, because of the tail and because of how their upper bodies are much wider than their lower bodies. And because they are simply bigger race.

So personally I am rolling every class as a charr, because that legendary tail is something out of this world

I see the tail working well on heavy. On medium it looks awful. On light haven’t checked. Asura toes aren’t properly made on medium or light.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I’m not impressed to be honest.

They all look like generic armors for their class with some moving parts.

I don’t find them unique or inspired.

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Dye nodules for medium need to be changed.

- Shadow Abyss is the darkest dye and having an under-layer on the medium chest plus an overlay with two different hues looks terrible.
– They need to be made the same, that way people who want a lighter hue can use Black Dye instead of Shadow Abyss.

- Celestial dye on two nodes is grey
– Completely sticks out, thus, if you dye the skirt white and the other stuff white, you get a grey top and completely white bottoms. It’s mismatched and looks bad.

- The skirt part of the trench coat is too big
– The skirt clips with my hands and bow, it needs to be made more slick for Sylvari, similar to how tight the precursor is.

- The upper part of the chest that have drapes, similar to heavy T3 shoulders human, should be free-flowing like them, would make for better design.

- A 4th node needs to be added so you can dye the glow
– having it default white / grey whilst trying to rock a dark theme ruins immersion completely.

TL;DR – Sylvari clipping issues, needs to be made slimmer. Dyes have no synergy and need to be updated so they do.

Other than those improvements, the armour itself is really nice – the animation is smooth in most parts.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: Roksiel.6123

Roksiel.6123

So, now that the raid armour track is done and dusted, might we get a WvW legendary armour track? Feel free to reuse any old skin to make it faster too, we’ve got plenty of transmutation stones to make it look how we want.

I like the way you think.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Link:

Well that’s a massive disappointment. Not just for people who want to get a set through another mode but also possibly for those raiders looking for their next accomplishment (perhaps expecting set two with the next expansion, for example.)

Carighan.6758

Bit disappointing (would prefer to get a better re-implementation in the future. But honestly, okay. Rather have the people work on actual armor and invest the time used on ugly combat transformations on Asura/Charr support instead.

Okay, who am I kidding… not going to happen anyhow.

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Just my two cents -

1. I think they all look ridiculous and no where near what I would consider, “legendary.”

2. The fact that they can only be obtained via raids is a complete betrayal of what GW2 was supposed to be – a game with multiple areas and the ability to upgrade gear based upon the area you enjoy most.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

ascended is still just as good as legendary and it was announced hella long ago that you needed to raid to get legendary armor. But holy kitten, it looks like backpacks and dyes have been made completely useless here, which is really the only reason i don’t want it.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Astralporing.1957

ascended is still just as good as legendary and it was announced hella long ago that you needed to raid to get legendary armor.

It was announced that we needed to raid to get this legendary armor. It wasn’t really announced then that it would be this heavily raid-based. Or that it will be the only legendary armor.
Besides, it doesn’t really impact whether it’s a good idea or not. In my opinion, it isn’t.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

I personally feel legendary armor should have been something you definitely don’t want to hide or transmute over. The heavy armor looks ok, the rest are so spiky for some reason, makes like someone said you feel like a cactus. xd There’s outfits that look a lot more “legendary”. I think the visual should have superseded animations. Given all the time, the armor should pop out and make you stop in your track just like when you first saw someone running through LA with Twilight.

But, I’ll probably never be able to make it anyway, and some may like that spiky look, but overall the consensus seems pretty obvious for me. I do like the idea of having legendary armor, and the stat/rune benefit. Maybe in the future they can release more, I mean these don’t have to be the only ones.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I personally feel legendary armor should have been something you definitely don’t want to hide or transmute over. The heavy armor looks ok, the rest are so spiky for some reason, makes like someone said you feel like a cactus. xd There’s outfits that look a lot more “legendary”. I think the visual should have superseded animations. Given all the time, the armor should pop out and make you stop in your track just like when you first saw someone running through LA with Twilight.

But, I’ll probably never be able to make it anyway, and some may like that spiky look, but overall the consensus seems pretty obvious for me. I do like the idea of having legendary armor, and the stat/rune benefit. Maybe in the future they can release more, I mean these don’t have to be the only ones.

While true that this set doesn’t have to be the only one, they flat out said that they think one is sufficient.

Relevant quote:

Seyiwaji.4082

If you make an Human male muscular. Look at his arms without the MEDIUM legendary armor.

YOU WILL CRY…. i swear.
Cheap work.

here is a video about what i mean, with bright color it is even worser.
His arm become like silvary’s…..

https://youtu.be/v9Uyxxvulh8

this is really…. i don’t know maybe are my eyes broken. I have the feeling that the armor just replace the body. He doesn’t wear it. The body is replaced. Like copy and paste something.

Look at the shoulder of my character with and without armor…… are you serious……

Posted by: Renri.9407

Renri.9407

I LIKE HOW SHINY HEAVY ENVOY ARMOR IS.

So I hope this gets read, and they put some serious thought in before they change anything, but I like how shiny the Legendary Heavy Armor is. In WPs last video he made a comment that suggests people dislike it, or rather he said the Devs will be “addressing” how shiny the armor is. But they shipped it the way it is for a reason. They spent a lot of time on it, to make it perfect, and as far as Heavy goes I think they nailed it. Obviously their first thought wasn’t this is too shiny, but I think it really helps express how Legendary the armor is. I hope they do not change it, and if they even consider it. I hope they put some serious thought into it. Remember, vocal minority, the people who are unsatisfied are more likely to speak out. If it wasn’t for WPs comment and my worry they make actual change it I would not be on the forums right now. I sincerely doubt many people who are very happy with the armor are on the forums right now, and not enjoying themselves in game. PLEASE NO CHANGES TO SHINE!

Posted by: MrHappy.3859

MrHappy.3859

I really like the features more than the skins. But unfortunately it is quite impossible to get as me and my wife do not have the time. Even if we are willing to do Raid, we just don’t have proper connection to a Guild that does Raid. A disappointment? Yes. Will I roll over and die? Nope.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Add an option to keep stowed look at all time, even in combat.

I don’t like the active look of medium at all, it is probably the ugliest trenchcoat in game atm but i do like the stowed look on sylvari female and would love to rock it.

On other note, i really don’t understand how so much time was put into making this armor, the armor is even race-specific but the boots/leg issue for sylvari was not addressed with this armor (the bug causes boots/calves look like huge male norn calves were attached to small plant girl).

Generally not fan of medium design, too bulky for leather wearers. It is kind of sad that legendary set looks so bad that you want to xmute it right away :/ I find leystone armor looks more legendary at this point.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Any back stowed items (shields, backpacks) have a huge gap on Perfected Envoy Vestments.
I took 2 screens comparing Perfected Vestments and Refined Vestments for reference:

Welcome to life of every Asura … where majority backpack just “float”. I guess they will fix this, the love for human meta is surreal in this game.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Taking a look at these armours in game last night I have to say that the medium and light armours both highlight a serious issue with the way armor is handled in this game: they have massive, ballooning skirts. Yes I get that it’s to reduce clipping but it’s a terribly ugly and clunky solution to that problem. It’s an issue that needs to be addressed for a game that prides itself on offering aesthetics as a reward.

I really don’t like the “hot air balloon” look.

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

It’s an issue that needs to be addressed for a game that prides itself on offering aesthetics as a reward.

I really don’t like the “hot air balloon” look.

Good points!

If its something with the game engine that can’t be changed, I can understand, but it does seem like a clunky fix. There might be some more elegant solutions out there, but maybe making these more like outfits since they seem to be easier to produce and are generally some of the most elegant looking armor in the game.

I feel bad for the artists who made the armor because the general response seems to be lackluster and I must admit, I feel the same way. As you pointed out, the medium and light armor looks very boxy/clunky. The heavy armor looks the best in my opinion, but overall just not my personal preference.

I really feel that Arenanet should get more feedback from players along the way when taking on these long projects. At the end of the day, the players are their customers, and if you can take that feedback in account when creating new maps, items etc., it will help in the long run.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Just my two cents -

1. I think they all look ridiculous and no where near what I would consider, “legendary.”

2. The fact that they can only be obtained via raids is a complete betrayal of what GW2 was supposed to be – a game with multiple areas and the ability to upgrade gear based upon the area you enjoy most.

This is only relevant in terms of stats not looks. Here is an example: I can’t get the legendary fractal backpiece if I don’t invest myself in playing fractals.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

YOU WILL CRY…. i swear.
Cheap work.

here is a video about what i mean, with bright color it is even worser.
His arm become like silvary’s…..

https://youtu.be/v9Uyxxvulh8

this is really…. i don’t know maybe are my eyes broken. I have the feeling that the armor just replace the body. He doesn’t wear it. The body is replaced. Like copy and paste something.

Look at the shoulder of my character with and without armor…… are you serious……

I never play human males, but dang, that’s really bad. Huge mistake on their part.

Just my two cents -

This is only relevant in terms of stats not looks. Here is an example: I can’t get the legendary fractal backpiece if I don’t invest myself in playing fractals.

Except you can play fractals for 10-20 minutes a day and eventually get the backpiece (even if it takes months).

Raiding for 10-20 minutes? Yeah, good luck getting anywhere.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

Posted by: rdfaye.4368

rdfaye.4368

I will be a minority here and admit I like them. The light armor is my least favorite. I main a ranger, and was surprised to find I like the medium. Yes, it is a trench coat, but it is very well done. After watching a video, the drape and movement of the trench is very fluid, and much better than the standard trench model. The transformation is slick, and I am impressed at how well they managed the charr’s tail on all the sets. I think Anet put a ton of work into these, and the attention to detail shows. Good job Anet! And repeat, just my opinion, not trying to change anyone else’s.

Note: I won’t be getting these as I don’t raid and have no plans to do so. I am okay with these being raid rewards, and should I decide I want that med set, I will find a way to work raiding into my schedule.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

This is actually how all armor works. All armor replaces your character’s model. Even revealing armor does this.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I rlly dont care about the skins or animation… I just want to be able to change the stats of all my equipment super quick so I become more able to try different build in the open world AND WvW without having to carry a million armor pieces…..

…Soooo, from a WvW/PvE (non-raid) player, plz add the ability to obtain purple armor to WvW, even if it takes 5 times as much materials to make.

NOW, congratz on daring to add a full set of armor to the game. Fashion wars would rlly benefit if you could transmute THE LOOK of any armor and outfit no matter the weight.

Seyiwaji.4082

This is actually how all armor works. All armor replaces your character’s model. Even revealing armor does this.

i understand this, but look at those arms……… skeleton…. well whatever….

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I am extremely disappointed with the pre and post transformations on the medium armor. There is nothing more immersion breaking than to be on my Adventurer professions and looking like a bulky battle wizard.

There wasn’t even any super “buzz” in chat about legendary armors, it was mostly jokes about the legendary torch.

Edit- Devs, please start putting your fingers on the pulse. There have been countless complaints about trench coat designs, bulky and gaudy pieces, lack of quality high end armors.. Please do something to change the medium armor so it’s more appealing for the medium armor professions.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Kyrus.7218

Kyrus.7218

Here are my opinions, for what they’re worth.

Legendary armor in its current state is tripe. They look terrible, all of them. Those “professional” designers need to have some sense slapped into them. Not only are the designs underwhelming and ugly (“legendary,” yeah sure), but the transformation mechanic is a nightmare for backpieces and clipping in general. And they can only be acquired via raids? Are you serious? What about the “a game for everyone” part of the manifesto? What if you don’t have time for raids, or you don’t have friends to do them with, or you just don’t like raids?

I may seem unreasonably salty, but that’s because I was so looking forward to legendary armor. I’m just in shock. This was supposed to be the next big thing, and Anet is a proven powerhouse. What happened?

I am very good at what I do, and what I do isn’t very nice.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

After so many people leaving the original GW2 team there is only one left and looks like the person that does not let the game evolve in the right direction..:(

GW2 could last much more than 6 years under the right management.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Astralporing.1957

You can however get a legendary backpiece without investing yourself in fractals. Also, the level of investment is much lower than for raids.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Okay, I’ve seen it in game now. I waited, gave myself time to think it over.

The only, ONLY thing I can say good about it is that I admire the team for the epic level of trolling that is the Medium armor’s ability to go from “Finally, not another longcoat” to “Oh, look. Longcoat after all!”

The rest of it is just ugly, overdone, and counterproductive to the most basic functions of what good armor’s supposed to do/not do.

I think this is a case of everyone involved being so close to the issue and so invested in it, that nobody can step back and take an objective look at things any more. Actually, I think this is a reoccurring problem at ANet, and this is just the latest example.

Honestly, I think the time and effort would have been better spent getting capes to work. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it’s my honest opinion.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Okay, I’ve seen it in game now. I waited, gave myself time to think it over.

The only, ONLY thing I can say good about it is that I admire the team for the epic level of trolling that is the Medium armor’s ability to go from “Finally, not another longcoat” to “Oh, look. Longcoat after all!”

The rest of it is just ugly, overdone, and counterproductive to the most basic functions of what good armor’s supposed to do/not do.

I think this is a case of everyone involved being so close to the issue and so invested in it, that nobody can step back and take an objective look at things any more. Actually, I think this is a reoccurring problem at ANet, and this is just the latest example.

Honestly, I think the time and effort would have been better spent getting capes to work. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it’s my honest opinion.

in their defense, no armor will please everyone, people have different tastes an desires.
Also they are some what limited in what they can do, you got back pieces, other armors, legendary effects/auras.

So basically they decided to make it transform from one basic armor to another basic armor.

they also appear to not want to create completely new assets, i guess it takes a long time to test/rig or something.

that said, they definately made a bad guess (imo) on fashion, you definately cant please all the people, but this one is only hitting a few people from what I ve seen. If i look at the most popular armors, these dont look like it.

also, while i understand the trouble with legendary effect interactions, i think that armors with specific particle effects could still have worked better.

anyhow, its done, they probably need to just make some legendary utility armors and people can skin them with thier favorite appearances. Then they can slowly experiment as inspiration hits them, on making armors/costumes that feel like something special.

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

So when I first saw the heavy legendary armor in the video I was kind of amazed how it looked and the animation you get when it transformed.
The opinion about the final armor didn’t change. The heavy armor is well done!

The light armor looked really bad in it’s precursor and preprecursor state. But I am now really pleased. The light armor in it’s final version looks really cool! Well done!

The medium armor….in it’s not final versions looked really ugly. From the trenchcoat to the helmet and shoulders. Actually everything except the pants, cause they look normal. The final version didn’t change that. It’s by far the most disappointing and ugly legendary armor there is. It looks similar to the arah dungeon set and is just plain ugly. To let the trenchcoat grow I don’t know what the makers were thinking knowing there are already so many trenchcoats. Doesn’t fit thieves and engis at all. The helmet should have closed in it’s transformed state with those metal bones on the armor, similar to the light armor. Would have saved a bit from that. The helmet is way too big. The trenchcoat is ugly and too big too. There is so many negative stuff to say. The only good piece is gloves and pants. Please make it so that wearing one piece of legendary armor you get the wing transform effect. It is currently tight to the chest, but please help those medium armor users to still have that effect. Cause a lot of us will not wear this ugly trenchcoat.