Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

after playing around with the previews, I do feel a bit better about the legendary looks.

Heavy: favorite set, especially on slimmer character models (looks a bit too bulky on others). not a fan of the combat version of the helm.

Medium: good set. game has too many trenchcoats, but this set still looks very good for what it is. Only drawback is shoulders and helm look a little silly out of combat when everything else disappears.

Light: no thanks. the spikes are a bit overdone and the gloves look silly. though the shoulders are very unique and could look good mixing with other sets.

Posted by: paperclip.7014

paperclip.7014

sad its only obtainable through raids. Time to move on. Thx for a great ride Gw2

Posted by: BlackOcean.6903

BlackOcean.6903

My thoughts on medium set, talking about human race:

• Helm: something I personaly do not like, it is already big in non-combat form and while in combat it just gets bigger, I don’t like the proportions at all.
  • Shoulders: they look good, animation is nice, maybe something mission on non-combat left side shoulder but in combat they look nice.
  • Coat: I don’t mind it being a trenchcoat while in combat, but the problem for me is again proportions. The coat/ball gown is way too big/wide + holds most of the animations and the wing animation of the set so it is a big waste for me.
  • Gloves: amazing!
  • Leggings: a bit of shining effects, they look nice.
  • Boots: some effects, they look nice.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

sad its only obtainable through raids. Time to move on. Thx for a great ride Gw2

Don’t worry, ANeT doesn’t really care if lots of players feel this way as long as the 5% of players who can achieve this in Raids get what they want. Imagine if ANeT suddenly decided to make a version for non-Raiders. Would the Raid raving players up and quit? What could ANeT possibly offer(bribe) so few players with to keep playing the game?

But alas I’m afraid there may be more who leave the game than actually raid. Good economics.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Legendary armor review:

Light: Doesn’t feel/look legendary to me. It looks likes a gemstore + dungeon armor mashup. I can see/understand the theme when looking at the shoulders and headpiece but at the chestpiece it starts to lose it’s edge, gloves are unnecessary large/bulky (not the crystals, just the glove) and the pants are a trainwreck. It’s nice for pirate roleplayers that want to store their plundered booty behind their own bum but it’s way over the top in size. shoes are meh-tier.

Medium: This armor could be in the top 3 of ugliest armors in the game. From the beetle-helm to square and box like shoulders with the ugliest dragon design Ive ever seen, the ugliest vest (stowed) for male characters to THE largest trenchcoat in-game. Plain pair of pants and awkward/stocky/unflavoured boots. Lowest score possible, giving it a transmute over the skin/10 all day every day. Instead of downscaling the size of this armor it just kept on getting larger and larger, sometimes less is more you know.

Heavy: This set actually looks decent/good. Its also the only set that gives the impression of ‘that thing better not look at me or Im dead’ vibe. Very berserker like. Downside to this armor is how light coloured it is, even abyss shadow dye turns into light grey. The metallic glow on the other hand is very very nice.
The proportions are also a little off, the boots could be a bit slimmer while the shoulders could be a bit larger (stowed).

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Dye nodules for medium need to be changed.

- Shadow Abyss is the darkest dye and having an under-layer on the medium chest plus an overlay with two different hues looks terrible.
– They need to be made the same, that way people who want a lighter hue can use Black Dye instead of Shadow Abyss.

- Celestial dye on two nodes is grey
– Completely sticks out, thus, if you dye the skirt white and the other stuff white, you get a grey top and completely white bottoms. It’s mismatched and looks bad.

- The skirt part of the trench coat is too big
– The skirt clips with my hands and bow, it needs to be made more slick for Sylvari, similar to how tight the precursor is.

- The upper part of the chest that have drapes, similar to heavy T3 shoulders human, should be free-flowing like them, would make for better design.

- A 4th node needs to be added so you can dye the glow
– having it default white / grey whilst trying to rock a dark theme ruins immersion completely.

TL;DR – Sylvari clipping issues, needs to be made slimmer. Dyes have no synergy and need to be updated so they do.

Other than those improvements, the armour itself is really nice – the animation is smooth in most parts.

As I said here,
I only played with this on Sylvari and the skirt is just so big. Think of the classes that use this armor – Ranger and Thief, highly mobile and designed to be quick.

The skirt from the chest expands way too far, doesn’t matter what hip size you select when you’re making a character.

I looks big, weighty and puffy – and considering the classes mentioned above perhaps should be altered to please the masses? Make it less puffy, less huge and more legendary in terms of slickness.

I honestly help these aren’t the finalised versions of the armor at all.

Attachments:

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

DakotaCoty.5721

Or better yet, give us an option to make it look like the attached screenshot below, that way people who don’t like trenchcoats can now feel happy with making it.

https://gyazo.com/ed1220d6e65f8a51ce905af788fdc65f

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

What’s with these textures? XD Seems like they are all over the place.

From sharp to pixel blob… Is it my settings or the armor? (my settings are on max but…)

Attachments:

Posted by: RayBlood.1974

RayBlood.1974

Thanks for Tail Clipping.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

A lot of ppl get legendary armor with in mins of the update what next for them? Are they realty going to keep raiding even though they have the best gear in the game? Are raids going to be HoT only and the next expansion going to bring the next thing maybe dungeon will make a come back.

Gw2 is not a game for raiding yes you can have it in the game but there nothing to keep ppl running them once they get the best gear in the game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

A lot of ppl get legendary armor with in mins of the update what next for them? Are they realty going to keep raiding even though they have the best gear in the game? Are raids going to be HoT only and the next expansion going to bring the next thing maybe dungeon will make a come back.

Gw2 is not a game for raiding yes you can have it in the game but there nothing to keep ppl running them once they get the best gear in the game.

this is interesting
but there is still legendary accessories, though i doubt that would be raid tied.
most likely they will just make it earn a lot of money/items per time spent.
But yeah, that seems a bit hollow.

What will be the carrot for raiders going forward? I know most raiders are goal oriented, what would be another effective carrot?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

this is interesting
but there is still legendary accessories, though i doubt that would be raid tied.

What will be the carrot for raiders going forward? I know most raiders are goal oriented, what would be another effective carrot?

I’d bet that’s the very reason why the precursors for the sets beyond the first cost 150 LI each.
That way Anet can extend longevity of legendary armor as a primary raid reward for years to come, without the need of creating a new carrot.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Jski.6180

this is interesting

I’d bet that’s the very reason why the precursors for the sets beyond the first cost 150 LI each.
That way Anet can extend longevity of legendary armor as a primary raid reward for years to come, without the need of creating a new carrot.

The carrots have been eaten already by the main ppl who do raid. Every one else just stays away and more then likely will keep staying away. Legendary armor is the best carrot for content and beyond that its got to be the content that keep ppl playing. Raids just do not have it unless they lock more behind raid walls such as locking new zones behind raid walls (this would be the true death of gw2 if they do). I do not see raids lasting beyond HoT now.

@ phys.7689
Sry i quoted this wearily.

Blood fin has a some what legendary trinke set already all be it a bit harder to do on the fly but you can. Just missing earrings.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: Burcio.4069

Burcio.4069

Are there any plans to change daily provisioner token limit ? Getting only 10 per day is very boring and day after day the hype for it is going away from me.

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

How about everyone stays on topic and discuss the actual armor instead of the way to obtain them.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

This is only relevant in terms of stats not looks. Here is an example: I can’t get the legendary fractal backpiece if I don’t invest myself in playing fractals.

You can however get a legendary backpiece without investing yourself in fractals. Also, the level of investment is much lower than for raids.

I know all of that. However the person I was responding to didn’t seem to be interested in PvP achievement so…..No matter how low you think it is, you will not convince me. I for once in this game want to see a legendary item that is tied to skill and not only pure grind.

(edited by flog.3485)

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

People need to realize that the point of legendary armor isn’t to win fashion contests.

It’s a prestige item that needs to reconized as a prestige item without the viewer having knowledge of lege armor. It’s like how legendary weapons are obviously a special type of weapon even to new players that don’t know about legendary items. Legendary armor is the same way, and ArenaNet succeeded. The Lege armors are distinctive to the extreme.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

flog.3485

People need to realize that the point of legendary armor isn’t to win fashion contests.

It’s a prestige item that needs to reconized as a prestige item without the viewer having knowledge of lege armor. It’s like how legendary weapons are obviously a special type of weapon even to new players that don’t know about legendary items. Legendary armor is the same way, and ArenaNet succeeded. The Lege armors are distinctive to the extreme.

Exactly. I don’t raid but that is alright. I will chase the other shinies I can get.

Jski.6180

How about everyone stays on topic and discuss the actual armor instead of the way to obtain them.

How you get them is significantly part of legendary armor feedback. If any thing that the ONLY thing ppl should be talking about.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Why is Kasmeer’s outfit prettier than all 3 legendaries? Which took 2 years to develop?

It would almost make me lol if it wasn’t so sad.

Except the whole point of the endgame is to acquire new skins. Why bother if you don’t want to wear them because they’re so bad?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This is only relevant in terms of stats not looks. Here is an example: I can’t get the legendary fractal backpiece if I don’t invest myself in playing fractals.

You can however get a legendary backpiece without investing yourself in fractals. Also, the level of investment is much lower than for raids.

I know all of that. However the person I was responding to didn’t seem to be interested in PvP achievement so…..No matter how low you think it is, you will not convince me. I for once in this game want to see a legendary item that is tied to skill and not only pure grind.

Well, legendary armor is not that item. It’s so exclusive only because it’s a grind in content that most players find extremely unpleasant.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

phys.7689

Well, legendary armor is not that item. It’s so exclusive only because it’s a grind in content that most players find extremely unpleasant.

beating a raid does take skill, and practice.
i agree that its a bad idea that it requires a lot of time invested in something niche, isnt a good idea, but i see a lot of people saying there is no skill involved, its just memorization, which is nonsense.

can you play an instrument? is that skill or just memorization, or just cause you like it. Does singing take skill? playing sports? what exactly is skill if it is not learning how to do something well through repetition and practice.

the reality is raids require more skill than most other things in this game. Straight up, more skill required, quantifiably. You have to do more things, with less errors. This doesnt mean its impossible for most humans.

Just because one doesnt want to raid, or doesnt want one content to have access to a unique utility, doesnt mean you have to try to diminish the mode.

that said, raids are not purely a measurement of your skill at guild wars. I would say, the way legendary armor aquisition is designed, they mostly represent a dedication to 10 man group content.
its not so much, can you beat this content, so much as do you have the dedication to do this content, with a lot of others, like what, 12 times each, over the course of weeks?

if it was solely about skill, it would probably need less people, and you’d only need to beat them a few times.

but yeah, it is harder than other pve content.

flog.3485

Most players ? Source please. If you speak about the very vocal minority of players that has been spending their time creating multiple thread on forums and/or Reddit to complain for the last two years about leg armor, I am sorry but they are not these “most players”.

phys.7689

Most players ? Source please. If you speak about the very vocal minority of players that has been spending their time creating multiple thread on forums and/or Reddit to complain for the last two years about leg armor, I am sorry but they are not these “most players”.

lets not be disingenous, i think its common wisdom that most players dont raid in this game.
“extremely distasteful” might be a stretch, but whatever the reason, most arent raiding.

flog.3485

beating a raid does take skill, and practice.
i agree that its a bad idea that it requires a lot of time invested in something niche, isnt a good idea, but i see a lot of people saying there is no skill involved, its just memorization, which is nonsense.

can you play an instrument? is that skill or just memorization, or just cause you like it. Does singing take skill? playing sports? what exactly is skill if it is not learning how to do something well through repetition and practice.

the reality is raids require more skill than most other things in this game. Straight up, more skill required, quantifiably. You have to do more things, with less errors. This doesnt mean its impossible for most humans.

Just because one doesnt want to raid, or doesnt want one content to have access to a unique utility, doesnt mean you have to try to diminish the mode.

that said, raids are not purely a measurement of your skill at guild wars. I would say, the way legendary armor aquisition is designed, they mostly represent a dedication to 10 man group content.
its not so much, can you beat this content, so much as do you have the dedication to do this content, with a lot of others, like what, 12 times each, over the course of weeks?

if it was solely about skill, it would probably need less people, and you’d only need to beat them a few times.

but yeah, it is harder than other pve content.

That is the thing though, it is about skill because raid kills has been killed with less people than the devs intended. If it is too much about skills with less people being able to join the party, then most players will feel more excluded because it wil narrow down the number of classes that are relevant to raid encounter for the sole reason that all classes can not produce equal DPS and equal level of support.

flog.3485

lets not be disingenous, i think its common wisdom that most players dont raid in this game.
“extremely distasteful” might be a stretch, but whatever the reason, most arent raiding.

Sorry a bit of confusion from my side. I interpreted it as “most players taking part into raiding”

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

What’s bothering me with the medium chest armor is the belt bug. If you wear any boots other than the legendary ones, the bone belt on the waist doesn’t disappear. Wearing legendary boots fixes the bug. This ruins any kind of fashion wars if you don’t want to wear the legendary boots.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

What’s bothering me with the medium chest armor is the belt bug. If you wear any boots other than the legendary ones, the bone belt on the waist doesn’t disappear. Wearing legendary boots fixes the bug. This ruins any kind of fashion wars if you don’t want to wear the legendary boots.

That’s the only thing bothering you about medium chest armor? :p

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

Would be nice to obtain this armor without having to be forced to PvE. Stats don’t matter that extremely in this game. Should allow us to obtain it how we enjoy to play. Which was the whole premise of this game to begin with.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I like to add more to how I feel for the legendary armour particularly the medium set.
Initially i was not so keen with the medium skin but since I play a lot of medium char and light is my main so no question I made light first. After hving medium done for two pieces.. I hv realised how beautiful medium is.. the more I look at it the more I like it over the light. The medium set doesn’t feel as heavy if you think of it made with dragon scales and dragon bone parts.. it glows in between the scales feel as if like the scales are bound together by magic .. I don’t know I just think it’s cool close up and a little baby dragon curled up inside the pouch on the side..
I hv done a quick video of it .. I’m loving it.. can’t stop myself looking at it all the time xD

https://youtu.be/JxsUvUD8asQ

Attachments:

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

When GW2 came out I had time to play a lot. It’s been 5 years already, life kicked in. Can’t afford to do raids. Not enough time Give me other means of getting this armor…

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

People keep saying raids require skill. I think it must be true… However, skill is NOT what defines raid difficulty.

- People whitout skill can still be carried. The mere fact that there is “selling” of raid completion is proof of this.

- Very skilled people are still unable to raid because factors not related to skill: access to 10 man groups; availability of long, uninterrupted, scheduled and frequent time periods for raiding; language and communication options; etc. Lots of skilled people are not being rewarded.

There goes the “reward for the skilled”. Change it for “reward for people with lots of time to play” and I’ll believe it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Talindra.4958

When GW2 came out I had time to play a lot. It’s been 5 years already, life kicked in. Can’t afford to do raids. Not enough time Give me other means of getting this armor…

It does takes lots of effort and time. I hope they come up with some other way of obtaining legendary armour. Doesn’t need to be same skin perhaps simpler form but still hv the option to change stat and runes.. not sure how complicated it is to do that but I guess they already hv the main model it’s just skin changing ? :P who knows.. I hv faith with anet since they are constantly making new things for us. I love this game

Australia

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I forgot to ask or suggest this – I don’t know if it has been asked before – but can we please, please get a no animation mode for legendary armor?

The heavy set looks half decent in “out of combat” mode – but once you go in the combat mode state and those horns grow on the helm it just kills it for me.

How hard would it be for them to implement a toggle that says “Disable transformation” for the legendary armor?

Wouldn’t this be a massive QOL improvement?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

I understand it is to be a time sink, but as someone that finds it difficult to schedule enough time in one sitting to even get in a raid, let alone do them enough times for the reward I wish there was another avenue. I don’t mind spending the long time, as long as I can do it in short sessions. But thankfully the legendary is never needed to complete content, I have made do just fine with ascended and exotic thus far. So if it remains a decision to keep the armor locked in raids, bummer, but I can live with it.

Jski.6180

People keep saying raids require skill. I think it must be true… However, skill is NOT what defines raid difficulty.

- People whitout skill can still be carried. The mere fact that there is “selling” of raid completion is proof of this.

- Very skilled people are still unable to raid because factors not related to skill: access to 10 man groups; availability of long, uninterrupted, scheduled and frequent time periods for raiding; language and communication options; etc. Lots of skilled people are not being rewarded.

There goes the “reward for the skilled”. Change it for “reward for people with lots of time to play” and I’ll believe it.

I think a good argument is that “reward for the skilled” is missing the point of once you have it the legendary armor becomes a “handicap” set as in you do not need to be as good of a player when you have it on you just need to run the right “meta” build for the fight.

Real skill would be playing though fight with exotic of lower gear. That where attachment should be and less for ppl with high level gear (legendary being the highest.)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Here’s my feedback so far:

Heavy armor looks awesome – shiny and “legendary”. Medium and Light look simply like regular armor where parts appear and move a bit. They aren’t particularly nice looking either. Meh. They don’t compare to Ardent Glorious, Illustrious, Radiant, Triumphant Hero, etc.

If I was going to go to the trouble of making Legendary Armor, I would only go for the Heavy.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Anet, if you’re looking at the dyes on heavy legendary armor anyway, I’d like to request something to be done as well about the cloth-ish nigh-undyable part of the heavy leggings. It hurts my eyes to see that undyable part of the armor.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

My eyes are starting to hurt (not joking!) from all the people in outposts running around in shrill colored (mostly celestial white) legendary armor sets. Soon everyone will be wearing them and it will become boring (thank God!).

I didn’t think that, besides the awful (Predator anyone?) designs of the three sets and their ultra-modern Transformers animations, I would also get annoyed by their “shiny” colors on top of everything.

Ugh, there is really no reason for me to continue with the collection, it’s a waste IMO. Besides, I prefer my characters’ more unique and stylish looks.

P.S. I sincerely hope for better legendary sets in the future — more classy fantasy designs with less “modern action movie” extravaganza.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

My feedback is that it IS worthwhile spending some time to create content that people aspire to attain.

It ISN’T worthwhile spending an inordinately lengthy amount of time generating content that people will be forced into an unpopular game-mode to attain.

As with most things in life, you have to balance the time and effort.

IMO Arenanet spent far FAR too long creating legendary armour and although I understand that they wanted it to be special, I think making it animate, knowing that even static armour clips and takes super-long to make because of weird playable character models (I’m blaming the Charr model again, yes), Arenanet should not have attempted it.

I would like a type of legendary armour (simply for it’s stat-selection and rune refunding) to be available in other modes because there is no way I’ll ever touch raids. I finished doing those in WoW in 2006.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Talindra.4958

You assuming anet spend entire time to make only leg armour. If so we won’t hv LS we won’t have new wings no new maps.. no expansion 2. Oh wait exp 2 might happen in 6months

Australia

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

• Medium and light armor now has fully covered asura toes, in and out of combat.
  • Fixed an issue with light female armor for humans and sylvari in which portions of the back of the chest piece would clip.
  • Fixed a clipping issue with medium armor and charr tails.

I just wanted to take my time to say: Thank you. I mean, I’m still not planning to make the set (as it just doesn’t click with my taste, but that’s fine), but I just wanted to point out it’s worth a nod when things get fixed and as a player, I just appreciate fellow players getting a chance to be happier with their shiny.

That said, any plans to fix cowls on medium to stop cutting off horns? That would be nice, too.

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

So many players that have made medium legendary armor on charrs have seen that from the latest patch the tail clipping has been fixed. It was fixed mostly by removing the middle back of the trenchcoat causing it to be split and therefore making the tail having nothing to clip with.

You can see how it looks like here: https://puu.sh/vRVTG/52becb5593.png
(credit to https://www.reddit.com/user/Shiiyouagain for the pic)

Me, having made the armor on my male human thief, think if it would be like this on the other races as well it would make the armor a bit more appealing AND reduce the clipping with the floor that it currently has on the other races, all the while keeping the trenchcoat theme of medium armors that anet likes(and me, yes, I like trenchcoats).

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

The overwork of the footwear for asuras on light and medium sets is much appreciated.
A honest thank you from my part.

I guess I can’t get my hopes up for some of the older footwear getting an asura-friendly rework?

I’m still no fan of the spike-design and the raid-requirement will keep me from the journey for a long time no matter what, but still: An honest thank you for the rework.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really like the design of the light legendary armor in particular, my only wish was that Legendary Armor was available for all game modes – this includes WvW and PvP.

I understand Anet wants to make it exclusive to Raids, and I understand that making something exclusive makes it more meaningful, however for those of us who despise Raiding, legendary armor will simply never become a reality for us, and I personally, have given up the dream of having this set

What I propose is making alternative ways of obtaining legendary armor – with the same skins and all, but making it take A LOT longer through WvW-only, and PvP-only, specific play/game styles. Now I don’t PvP, so I can’t really give any suggestions as to what could be some achievements/requirements towards legendary armor for that (others could suggest things for PvP as it’s not my cup of tea), so I’ll just give a few WvW examples instead:

Kill 100,000 players (in total) – I’ve been WvW’ing since day one and I still only have 63,712 kills, so I think this would be a fair requirement.

Hold all 3 keeps on a single map for X minutes (Anet could decide how long) – this would exclude your own home borderland, because hills, bay, and garrison are usually held with ease anyway.

Achieve the Diamond Legend rank title (could require a lesser rank, I don’t know, up to Anet)

Have the player require purchasing expensive components for the armor with a mix of Badges or Honor / Gold / Proof of Heroics

Have the player require components and / or a new legendary currency through reward tracks

Have the player require new legendary gifts through wvw vendors.

Just a few examples, anyway.

My wish is that legendary armor becomes available to everyone through alternative game play modes/styles, but in doing so, make it take a hell of a lot longer, than if you were to obtain it through Raiding – so as to not lessen the effort and time required for the armor.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

I finally have a bit of time to post about the bug fixes/adjustments from earlier this week and overall I’m pleased at the results. Thank you for fixing the issues on the charr and giving the tail bit some more armor. Plus the fixes on the females is good to see go through.

I do need to point out a few things.

• 1. I preferred the charr armored tail to be linked with the pants instead of the coat. I know from some folks that they were glad the tail armor was separated from the coat. This allowed, say my engi to have a bit on animation when going into combat. The coat is aesthetically out of place for engis (imo of course) and having the armor tail go to the pants allowed flexibility for to get a different look without having the full coat (I like the coat on Charr still).
  • 2. While the left shoulder medium was mostly fixed, Charr females (and somewhat males) still seem to have a lot of floating. I’m not sure if it is just charr females (There are a LOT of shoulders that do this), or it wasn’t implemented as well with them. I’ll attached an image to show this issue. Is there any way the left shoulder could still be adjusted?
  • 3. I will also attach a picture of a chest clipping issue on one of my charr characters. In the picture, the red circle highlights an area where part of her chest is clipping through the armor. This happens with the non-combat and in-combat types. I checked this on other charr characters I have, both male and female, different weights and they don’t have this issue. The only thing that I can think of is that it has to deal with the head model. This particular charr head model has already issues since day 1 of its release with head gear ( also attached) that hasn’t been fixed. So, I’m drawing an assumption that somehow it has to do with it.

Those are my little quirks with the medium set. I’ve previewed the other two and I’m looking forward in getting them in the future! Already got the precursor armor for both heavy and light. Now I just need a ton of mats!

Attachments:

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

at first i fawned over all of them due to the hype but after the hype dropped i came to realize that it was a bit dissapointing generally speaking.

only the heavy armour gives that awe inspring omg look, it the only armour to wich i will actually turn around to look at and fawn over.

however the light and legendary armour are dissapointing unlike the heavy armour. that a has so much attention to detail an armour that kinda gives me an bhunivelze vibe the helment like balthazars regalia giving an final fantasy 12 Judge vibe.

the light armour is so terrible that u could put it next to an person wearing flamekissed butcape and armour of koda chest armour, u’d think it’s another newly released exotic armour had we not this knowledge, battel form or not, the spikes may make it barely pass for an ascendedn armour. buttcape and chest armour revealing the stomach, which is incredibly sexy i admit but plain and definately not awe inspiring.And I definately know that A-net can differ from the basic buttcape design with the illustrous armour, the triumphant armour, radiant armour etc. The looks are nothing more then comparable to your standard exotic armour. what would have made it an legendary armour is to make the wings effect permanent in battle mode to give it a more imposing presence.

The medium armour is somewhat passable besides it bieng a trenchcoat given the Crystals are neatly melded with the coat and nice armour plate. it kinda looks like an heavy armour but yet gives off the feel that u have a lot more space to move around. it shows that even on clothing u can give it a metallic transcendent feeling without making it your plain exotic trenchcoat. so it’s nice but it doesn’t garner the omg wtf reaction the heavy armour gives.

If somewhere in the future a new set of legendary armour is going to be created, then try make it stand out. U can opt for a simple design without making it bulky as I understand heavy armour has more options but clearly the past showed that even light and medium armour can look imposing and flashy in thier own way.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

As a raider who finished his legendary armor when the patch hit, I am really going to keep raiding. Why? Because I want all 3 armors, for one. I also enjoy the content, it is very satisfying to clear raids smoothly and some of the fights I really really like, especially Xera and Deimos. There are also skins to be had in raids and some of them are really really nice. I also enjoy the gamble of the exotic per kill; who knows, I might get even a pre some day. While raids aren’t really the top moneymaker, you do make some money especially if you have a group which runs smoothly. Not to mention the free ascended drops which are very nice, even though dwayna knows I’m way past the point of actively needing them.

So overall I will keep raiding, and I am sure I will even after I get all armors. Because the content is nice and tbh I can’t wait to see more raids. They have done a very good job of them IMO and their stories are very nice and very well-put. Rest in peace, friend, you have certainly earned it; you are finally free.

I think a good argument is that “reward for the skilled” is missing the point of once you have it the legendary armor becomes a “handicap” set as in you do not need to be as good of a player when you have it on you just need to run the right “meta” build for the fight.

Real skill would be playing though fight with exotic of lower gear. That where attachment should be and less for ppl with high level gear (legendary being the highest.)

This is not true. If you raid for long enough to get the armor, I daresay you become good enough to play that content well by default. If you are not trying anymore, it will be apparent immediately and you will be out of the good groups.

As for me, personally, I enjoy striving to be better. Since DPS meters are legal, I can actually see how well I am performing and if I am doing better or worse than the others. And I always want to do better. Raiding with people who are better than you is, I think, preferable, because then you are always on your toes to improve and not seem the black sheep of the group, regardless of what gear you have. But the same is valid for raiding with people who are not as good as you, since you don’t want your numbers to drop to their level. All in all I think the DPS meters are a great way to improve the raiding experience.

Legendary is not the highest set of gear, it’s simply the most convenient. And ascended is easy to obtain these days.

Running the right meta build is not mandatory, again thanks to DPS meters: as long as you do your job and your numbers are good, people won’t care if you run the meta or some wacky build you made but which works.Sure there might be some kittens who complain even then, but I found through experience, to my surprise, that they are actually the ones getting kicked, because people generally preffer less drama like that…

And regarding the “not having enough time to raid even though I am skilled”, I call BS on that. I also didn’t have enough time to raid, but I decided I wanted it hard enough so I made time. I had to wake up at 3-4 in the morning on Mondays in order to participate in my guild’s raid training sessions, raid for 2-3 hours, then maybe get another hour of sleep and then go to work; I didn’t feel especially well on those Mondays, but I learned how to raid. I also had to cut on doing other stuff I enjoyed in the game so that I could raid more, again due to lack of time. And I did that as well, because I wanted it hard enough. So no, not having enough time is not an excuse; it just means you don’t want it hard enough. This in itself is not something bad, but it does mean that it’s not for you. So stop whining.

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

I have SO many problems with medium armour on males, even excluding the atrocious head piece.

Clearly more work was put into the female than the male. I’ll let the screenshots explain them.

Also, please make the particle effects more noticeable. It’s a joke right now, and the way the armour pieces dye is horrible.

Attachments:

(edited by Asur.9178)

DakotaCoty.5721

Lots of issues and feedback around medium armor being too clunky and big for agility-based classes, classes that are supposed to be quick and fast.

Yet, nothing has been changed. It needs to be made more slimline and look like an actual piece of armor and not some warrior-plate chain-mail.