Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Posting a pic with comments… med rez btw.

2nd picture would be vastly better looking and more appropriate for our Adventurer professions…

Edit- I feel like I wasted a lot of time achieving this set. Extremely disappointed with the armor and being in the dark about the design for almost 2 years, and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Attachments:

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Corraidhin.3986

Corraidhin.3986

I just took a quick gander at the legendary sets, on my charr character… they look pretty all right in my opinion! not extremely good, but certainly not deserving the hate some people seemingly have given to the sets, I have no plans of getting any of the pieces or sets whatsoever, but that does not stop me from appreciating how they look. The only remarkable offense I could point out is on the medium set, while it does not look like a trench coat, its still one, and the… “cowl”? looks absolutely out of place, more befitting of a robe, than a coat. Perhaps if it was changed to a more loosened hood that keeps with the dragon motif these armours have.

edit: After a closer look, medium armour is really extravagant… on the wrong side, I am afraid, it goes overboard on its design, and looks more ridiculous than intimidating, like an angry expression humouristically exaggerated to cause laughter.

Swagger.1459

I just took a quick gander at the legendary sets, on my charr character… they look pretty all right in my opinion! not extremely good, but certainly not deserving the hate some people seemingly have given to the sets, I have no plans of getting any of the pieces or sets whatsoever, but that does not stop me from appreciating how they look. The only remarkable offense I could point out is on the medium set, while it does not look like a trench coat, its still one, and the… “cowl”? looks absolutely out of place, more befitting of a robe, than a coat. Perhaps if it was changed to a more loosened hood that keeps with the dragon motif these armours have.

edit: After a closer look, medium armour is really extravagant… on the wrong side, I am afraid, it goes overboard on its design, and looks more ridiculous than intimidating, like an angry expression humouristically exaggerated to cause laughter.

Bolded…

Exactly.

Posted by: reduL.5406

reduL.5406

Stay with me it gets better in the end.

First some venting:
So I’ve been skimming through this thread and it’s just to much to read it all. I agree with alot of you that I was dissapointed. None of the (heavy, medium or light) look good on my asura (no shock there) but they don’t look good on any race. The heavy (in combat) is some kind of merger between megatron and an elk in my opinion. The medium is (as stated above) a really extravagant set on the wrong side of the spectrum and the ligth one WTF! Ok I like floating stuff around the gear e.g spikes, crystals or what have you but WTF.

I know by pure observation from playing (not empirical fact) that most ppl play human so it makes sense to use them as the standard model for these sets but even they don’t look cool or at least good in them.

Cred for the work done
Still they are master pieces of work the detail of them are great just not anything I fancy and many others with me it seems.

Now the good stuff:
Now for my thoughts about this and it’s probably to late to change but one can hope. ^^ Why not have the legendary set “recognize” what race you are and chang accordingly. In this way every race has three unique set (i know cultural armor exist). These could be influenced from the cultural ones, not be them but more to that style, so for example the asura heavy would be influenced from the peacemakers in Rata Zum, and the norn ligth some kind of shaman theme going on. This would make it both fun to play with different races with your legendary armor and give them more of a unique feel and they would all work for whatever race you play. I know not everyone likes the cultural armors but they atleast go more to the culture (you don’t say) of that race.

Regards

TL;DR
Legendary armor suck, make them unique for each race so they chang with them. Take insperation form cultural armor.

(edited by reduL.5406)

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

The thread has been buried, it’s had no official feedback from the team to decide whether or not they’re going to be making changes to the armor.

There’s countless feedbacks saying the medium armor is too clunky, puffy and that kitten. People saying they’re just going to skin over it (wut) because of how bad the chest is looking.

https://gyazo.com/99e803b9b1c221baaf915588188d3fa4

This screenshot isn’t very clear, but the red is the chainmail, would reducing its length really be that big of a deal? Keep the detail on the belt, on the tassels with the chains on them, just shorten the dragon scales and the cloak under it.

Some quotes below:

Medium: good set. game has too many trenchcoats, but this set still looks very good for what it is. Only drawback is shoulders and helm look a little silly out of combat when everything else disappears..

My thoughts on medium set, talking about human race:

• Helm: something I personally do not like, it is already big in non-combat form and while in combat it just gets bigger, I don’t like the proportions at all.
  • Shoulders: they look good, animation is nice, maybe something mission on non-combat left side shoulder but in combat they look nice.
  • Coat: I don’t mind it being a trench coat while in combat, but the problem for me is again proportions. The coat/ball gown is way too big/wide + holds most of the animations and the wing animation of the set so it is a big waste for me.

I have SO many problems with medium armour on males, even excluding the atrocious head piece.

Clearly more work was put into the female than the male. I’ll let the screenshots explain them.

Also, please make the particle effects more noticeable. It’s a joke right now, and the way the armour pieces dye is horrible.

The only, ONLY thing I can say good about it is that I admire the team for the epic level of trolling that is the Medium armor’s ability to go from “Finally, not another longcoat” to “Oh, look. Longcoat after all!”

I made the medium legendary armor, here is my verdict:

Medium Helm: Hidden
Medium Coat: Transmutated
Medium Shoulder: Love it!!
Medium Gloves: Borderline too big, but I’ll see if I can work with it. Possible candidate for transmutation…
Medium Pants: The transformation to the pants are next level subtle. It’s too meta for me…aka almost non-existent. I’ll keep it because it’s a normal pant though.
Medium Boots: Love it!!

Taking a look at these armours in game last night I have to say that the medium and light armours both highlight a serious issue with the way armor is handled in this game: they have massive, ballooning skirts. Yes I get that it’s to reduce clipping but it’s a terribly ugly and clunky solution to that problem. It’s an issue that needs to be addressed for a game that prides itself on offering aesthetics as a reward.

I really don’t like the “hot air balloon” look.

I am extremely disappointed with the pre and post transformations on the medium armor. There is nothing more immersion breaking than to be on my Adventurer professions and looking like a bulky battle wizard.

There wasn’t even any super “buzz” in chat about legendary armors, it was mostly jokes about the legendary torch.

Edit- Devs, please start putting your fingers on the pulse. There have been countless complaints about trench coat designs, bulky and gaudy pieces, lack of quality high end armors.. Please do something to change the medium armor so it’s more appealing for the medium armor professions.

Medium: Is still the weakest. While the effect is interesting, it doesn’t strike the right balance. Normal mode does suffer from being top heavy, with pieces that don’t really mesh well together. In battle mode the pieces make more sense, but it also looks like a completly different armor with way too much bulk for a weight-class that has mostly nimble characteristics.

These are not just a few people complaining about the ‘puffiness’ of the skirt, it’s literally most people that have posted feedback about the armor.

Screenshot attached below for a small explanation.

Attachments:

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, there was this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Legendary-Armor-Backpiece-Attach-Point/first#post6575976

And there are the changes they made to Legendary Armor.

Other than that, I think everything else was in the AMA, and that was before the changes.

Good luck.

DakotaCoty.5721

Well, there was this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Legendary-Armor-Backpiece-Attach-Point/first#post6575976

And there are the changes they made to Legendary Armor.

Other than that, I think everything else was in the AMA, and that was before the changes.

Good luck.

This is a much bigger issue than just some clipping issues, not to be ungrateful, they have been fixed – which is good.

But it didn’t address the general unsatisfactory vibe of the chest piece of Med. legendary armor.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They may fix some small issues with the armor, but that’s all. What you’re asking for is a complete redo of the chest piece, which simply isn’t going to happen.

They worked for a year for what we have now. Any such major change as you’re proposing would take a lot of time as well (chestpiece is the major part of the medium armor, after all). If they had that time and workload to dedicate for it, it would be more cost-effective to make a second set for non-raid content.

Which they definitely should do, for reasons that reach far beyond just aestethic ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

DakotaCoty.5721

They may fix some small issues with the armor, but that’s all. What you’re asking for is a complete redo of the chest piece, which simply isn’t going to happen.

They worked for a year for what we have now. Any such major change as you’re proposing would take a lot of time as well (chestpiece is the major part of the medium armor, after all). If they had that time and workload to dedicate for it, it would be more cost-effective to make a second set for non-raid content.

Which they definitely should do, for reasons that reach far beyond just aestethic ones.

Let me address the only thing annoyed me with your reply – you make it sound like it’s “MY” suggestion, on the contrary, over 30-40 people have voiced their opinion about the medium chest on that thread – I even took the time to fish out some constructive quotes from the last 4-5 pages out of 16 or so, I think. I didn’t make this thread out of personal interest, more to be vocal about the issues.

I agree more content legendary armors would be great, but can ArenaNet fix the complaints and issues with the current ones? Other legendaries have had drastic changes made to them, so it is possible – looking at Eternity here.

Swagger.1459

The devs are capable of changing it. That’s the least they could do for dropping this not good armor after almost 2 years and requiring a humongous grind.

I didn’t sign up to get a battle wizard armor dress that makes my rangers, thieves and engineers look absolutely ridiculous in and out of combat.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It might be worth noting that, in cases like this, no response is a response. The devs didnt bury the thread, the player base did. The armor is intended only for the small portion of the player base who raids. Only a portion of raiders would aim for medium armor, and only a fraction of those dislike the armor.

So, a fraction of a fraction of a small fraction of the player base wanted changes to something that took over a year to develop. Anet chose to ignore the desire.

DakotaCoty.5721

The devs are capable of changing it. That’s the least they could do for dropping this not good armor after almost 2 years and requiring a humongous grind.

I didn’t sign up to get a battle wizard armor dress that makes my rangers, thieves and engineers look absolutely ridiculous in and out of combat.

I quoted you in my OP, thanks for joining the discussion

Swagger.1459

I quoted you in my OP, thanks for joining the discussion

I read it, thanks!

Joining in was the least I could do.

DakotaCoty.5721

It might be worth noting that, in cases like this, no response is a response. The devs didnt bury the thread, the player base did. The armor is intended only for the small portion of the player base who raids. Only a portion of raiders would aim for medium armor, and only a fraction of those dislike the armor.

So, a fraction of a fraction of a small fraction of the player base wanted changes to something that took over a year to develop. Anet chose to ignore the desire.

Again, though, you’re assuming that it’s a minority of the minority that are unhappy about the medium armor.

Taking legendary out of the context, Reddit, the forums, map chat and discord channels have had thousands of people talking throughout the last couple of years about how disgusting the trench coat notion is becoming – and then we get a legendary armor that looks like the Light Masquerade armor in size, pretty disgusting that they chose to ignore 2 years worth of feedback.

Going back to the context, legendary armor as it stands, is not bad in any way, it looks great, it just needs to be fine-tuned. I personally think Medium has one of the best before and after combat animations out of all three, it’s just too clunky.

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

I hate raiding to get armor and dislike the new armor

Swagger.1459

Medium armor needs to be redone to fit the character concepts…

Engineer

Masters of mechanical mayhem, engineers love to tinker with explosives, elixirs, and all manner of hazardous gadgets. They support their allies with alchemic weaponry, deploy ingenious inventions, or lay waste to foes with a wide array of mines, bombs, and grenades.

Ranger

Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled survivalists with traps, nature spirits, and a stable of loyal pets at their command, rangers can adapt to any situation.

Thief

Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which makes them very hard to hit.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Well, now that the majority of the pvers that have been raiding have gotten their armor, don’t ya think its time you started working on a new set for wvw and pvp players so we don’t have to suffer through pve to get a set of armor? Get to work guys. We’ll settle for just default ascended armor skins, we wvw players just want it for the utility of stat swapping. There have been numerous suggestions on how to acquire it in wvw, you decide what’s best.

The whole premise of this game is play how you want, and you shouldnt have to do content you dont enjoy. What ever happened to that Anet? Wvw and pvp players shouldnt have to do pve to get a set of legendary armor. We deserve our own version as well, that we can get by playing content we actually enjoy.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the Lead, Paul Ella, addressed the ‘feedback’ on the latest Guild Chat. He explained why it was a ‘trench coat’, and talked about creating the armor, and may have (I can’t remember) talked about any changes.

Thus, there has twice been official feedback.

Ashen.2907

Again, though, you’re assuming that it’s a minority of the minority that are unhappy about the medium armor.

Taking legendary out of the context, Reddit, the forums, map chat and discord channels have had thousands of people talking throughout the last couple of years about how disgusting the trench coat notion is becoming – and then we get a legendary armor that looks like the Light Masquerade armor in size, pretty disgusting that they chose to ignore 2 years worth of feedback.

Going back to the context, legendary armor as it stands, is not bad in any way, it looks great, it just needs to be fine-tuned. I personally think Medium has one of the best before and after combat animations out of all three, it’s just too clunky.

No assumption on my part.

The armor is only available via raids. Raids are intended, as stated by Anet in the past, for a minority of players. Of that minority of players not all will dislike the armor (as some stated that they like it in the original feedback thread). And that doesn’t even take into consideration that not all raiders will care about medium armor that they won’t use.

If only a fraction (however large that fraction may be) of an intended minority of the player base dislike the armor, which took more than a year to release, then Anet may decide not to invest even more resources into the set.

I don’t like the trenchcoat design…have said as much many times over the years…but that doesn’t change the facts at hand.

Astralporing.1957

I agree more content legendary armors would be great, but can ArenaNet fix the complaints and issues with the current ones? Other legendaries have had drastic changes made to them, so it is possible – looking at Eternity here.

It’s a matter of accessibility, and effort needed. Not only envoy armor is currently aimed at a very small subset of the community, much smaller than the one that have access to legendary weapons, but armors seem to take disproportionately more time and resources to design and modify than weapons.

They’ve already sunk a massive amount of time in this one. Redoing part of that work would also take a lot of time. Time that would be more effectively spent on doing something that would please far more people (like, for example, designing a new legendary armor, more widely accessible)

Besides, some people seem to like it. I really have no idea why, but that nonetheless is true. Those people might not be satisfied with changes being done to the skin they liked – the end result may be less appealing for them, after all.

And, of course, that’s a third thing to consider – the redone version would also not be liked by everyone. It’s not like everyone that dislikes the current set have the same sense of aestethics, after all.

All in all, i just don’t see Anet justifying the effort needed to make any bigger changes to that armor. They are far more likely to distract people with a new shiny.

Now, if you are saying that this design was a mistake, i wholeheartedly agree. It’s just that i’m afraid it’s a failure you will have to live with.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you dont like that particular armor piece´s optics, why do you craft it?

If you crafted it for functionality or to complete the collection, Anet gave you the option to transmute it to your favourite skin.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Astralporing.1957

Pve deserves that too (because, surprise surprise, only a small minority of PvE players are raiding, so it can’t honestly be called PvE armor).

Actions, not words.

DakotaCoty.5721

If you crafted it for functionality or to complete the collection, Anet gave you the option to transmute it to your favourite skin.

Because I didn’t think it would be THAT puffy and obese.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

2nd picture would be vastly better looking and more appropriate for our Adventurer professions…

Edit- I feel like I wasted a lot of time achieving this set. Extremely disappointed with the armor and being in the dark about the design for almost 2 years, and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

yeah…..the active medium is just…. a ball gown, there is nothing intimidating or cool about it (inactive chest is ok)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Because I didn’t think it would be THAT puffy and obese.

should have asked for a refund then

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Swagger.1459

yeah…..the active medium is just…. a ball gown, there is nothing intimidating or cool about it (inactive chest is ok)

Yup. Would much prefer our characters look battle ready, not silly.

Aside from the overdone helmet transformation on the heavy set, the entire heavy armor looks great and makes the character look geared up for a fight.

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

I hope legendary armour is NEVER accessible outside of raids. It’s a proper endgame content with a proper reward. Take it out and people have no reason to improve themselves…again.

Personally, if ANet caters once again to the playerbase who refuses to improve their personal skill and wants everything handed to them by making the legendary armour available through different means, I will be quitting the game in a heartbeat.

They have been catering to these players for years now, and for once, it seems like they are taking a different approach. It’s a welcome change, and something they should continue to work towards. The playerbase will never improve if all ANet does is cater to their whining the moment they introduce something slightly difficult.

Ashen.2907

I hope legendary armour is NEVER accessible outside of raids. It’s a proper endgame content with a proper reward. Take it out and people have no reason to improve themselves…again.

Personally, if ANet caters once again to the playerbase who refuses to improve their personal skill and wants everything handed to them by making the legendary armour available through different means, I will be quitting the game in a heartbeat.

They have been catering to these players for years now, and for once, it seems like they are taking a different approach. It’s a welcome change, and something they should continue to work towards. The playerbase will never improve if all ANet does is cater to their whining the moment they introduce something slightly difficult.

I agree. Legendary armor should be removed from raids, and deleted from raider’s accounts, and be earned solely by making top three in a spvp tournament.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

They could always add exclusive new looks for legendary armor similar to how you get different legendary weapons. Maybe easier to get once you have the stat set. At least then you’d have some variety to what people like. Though it’d take development time off other things so it’s unlikely.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

Funny Suggestion

1. Heavy Armor: Iron Man
2. Medium Armor: Guyver
3. Light Armor: Sailor Moon

Swagger.1459

Yup. Would much prefer our characters look battle ready, not silly.

Aside from the overdone helmet transformation on the heavy set, the entire heavy armor looks great and makes the character look geared up for a fight.

Thread got merged again after someone unburied it and still no official response.

This is f ing tiresome.

It’s frustrating when a 700 gem outfit looks more interesting than medium Legendary armor.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I agree. Legendary armor should be removed from raids, and deleted from raider’s accounts, and be earned solely by making top three in a spvp tournament.

I was wondering because WvW got nothing, everything in PvP that you had to work for like titles, Levels that got you different finishers and the legendary back piece were all basically hand outs.

Like ohhh did you play PvP a little, ohhh im so sorry you had to play it, heres all the goodies from it. Thanks Anet

" If you play WvW you probably PvE" Mike O you remember that?

Where is the Legendary WvW armor?

Swagger.1459

It’s kind of frustrating to see that med and light wvw armor looks better than medium and light Legendary armors.

I sincerely hope the devs revisit leg armors and make improvements with player feedback.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s kind of frustrating to see that med and light wvw armor looks better than medium and light Legendary armors.

I sincerely hope the devs revisit leg armors and make improvements with player feedback.

The thing is that not all skins will appeal to all players. While you may prefer the WvW ones, others may not. Feedback, while useful, likely wouldn’t matter as much in this case when it’s based simply on players’ differing preferences.

Swagger.1459

The thing is that not all skins will appeal to all players. While you may prefer the WvW ones, others may not. Feedback, while useful, likely wouldn’t matter as much in this case when it’s based simply on players’ differing preferences.

The devs could easily create concept drawings for us to discuss and vote on… not hard to get the playerbase involved in legendary gear and weapons matters.

Like… “Hey awesome players! Dev team here with some basic concept ideas and drawings for our legendary ________! What do you all think? Which one do you like best? What changes or ideas do you have for these?”

Right?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Ayrilana.1396

The devs could easily create concept drawings for us to discuss and vote on… not hard to get the playerbase involved in legendary gear and weapons matters.

And if the existing skin had won?

Swagger.1459

Answer the question, don’t ask me hypotheticals.

Ashen.2907

You, while positing a hypothetical situation, insist that others not ask you hypothetical questions?

Really?

Swagger.1459

You, while positing a hypothetical situation, insist that others not ask you hypothetical questions?

Really?

Yeah really?… Ayr can answer instead of deflecting with a question. I’m sure (s)he is capable of providing a response.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Like… “Hey awesome players! Dev team here with some basic concept ideas and drawings for our legendary ________! What do you all think? Which one do you like best? What changes or ideas do you have for these?”

Right?

Let’s say said Dev Team offered 3 choices. 1 choice got 48% of the vote, 1 choice got 47% of the vote, and 1 choice got 5% of the vote. What should be said to the 52% of the players that don’t get their favored armor?

No matter how the armor is decided upon, some will be pleased, some won’t really care, and some will be displeased.

Nikkinella.8254

WvW legendary armor when? You finally gave us our own back, and we appreciate no longer being ignored. But exclusive legendary armor would be nice. you could make the T3 mistforged armor the precursor for it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

WvW legendary armor when? You finally gave us our own back, and we appreciate no longer being ignored. But exclusive legendary armor would be nice. you could make the T3 mistforged armor the precursor for it.

Probably never, since the Devs outright stated there would be no other Legendary Armor.

Of course, one never knows what might happen years down the road.

Good luck.

Nikkinella.8254

Probably never, since the Devs outright stated there would be no other Legendary Armor.

Of course, one never knows what might happen years down the road.

Good luck.

Well, I can always hope. The only way i’ll ever get any kind of legendary armor is if they add a wvw version, or if i pay some guild to do it for me in raids while I afk. I’ve calculated the cost of that since i would need to convert gems into gold, since i don’t play pve and thus don’t get any gold playing wvw aside from what covers the cost of food, stones, etc.

It would probably cost me around $2000. So I really am hoping they actually put in a wvw version so I don’t have to spend that much actual money to get a set of stat swapping armor to use in the mode where having the ability to change stats on armor is most useful. I despise pve, most of my characters only have 2% map completion anyway. I want nothing to do with anything pve related, i find it boring. I’d rather earn it playing the mode i actually enjoy.

I’d probably still be forced to do some pve anyway to make the armor even if i paid for the raids wouldn’t I? Pretty sure you need some sort of map completion for it. Yeah, F that. Unless I also pay someone to do that for me too, but I’m not willing to trust a stranger with my account information to do all the boring pve stuff for me. REALLY hoping for a wvw version that requires ZERO pve participation to make.

DakotaCoty.5721

JUST WHEN LEGENDARY ARMOR COULDN’T GET ANY WORSE.

You remove all the detail on sylvari, like, all of it. The belt is gone, the pads are gone. Well done.

Ayrilana.1396

Really?

Yeah really?… Ayr can answer instead of deflecting with a question. I’m sure (s)he is capable of providing a response.

I’m not deflecting a question as you never asked one. All you did was give a hypothetical situation of Anet providing concept drawings to vote on and discuss.

The point of the question was to get you to realize that no matter if there was a vote, people would still complain. There was a vote between that reactor fractal and an abaddon one and people who lost still complain about it.

You’re asking for a vote which honestly wouldn’t change the existing situation. No single option would please everyone.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Swagger.1459

Really?

I’m not deflecting a question as you never asked one. All you did was give a hypothetical situation of Anet providing concept drawings to vote on and discuss.

The point of the question was to get you to realize that no matter if there was a vote, people would still complain. There was a vote between that reactor fractal and an abaddon one and people who lost still complain about it.

You’re asking for a vote which honestly wouldn’t change the existing situation. No single option would please everyone.

I did ask you a question. You can reread it.

The entire point is to get some community feedback first… Mindblowing concept right? Out of the realm of possibility for the devs to gauge how the players (who will have to earn and wear the gear) feel? Right?

Maybe you’re use to the gw2 dev team that rarely communicates and rarely engages the community, and a game that doesn’t have an open testing server and such… but there are other games, that earn more per year, that do…

Maybe you like it when the devs drop trench coat dresses for rangers, thieves and engineers… that make our medium armors classes look like frumpy battle wizards, but I sure don’t… Maybe if the devs actually paid attention to previous armor complaints, or gauged the community to get a feel for what the community at large would like, we could possibly have something more tasteful and appropriate… but ya know… Flames of “War” candle holder and goofy looking armors are a cool thing…

Would do you well to wrap your head around the benefits of dev and player interactions.

…If you can think a little deeper on the subject, I’m sure you could come up with more than “what if this armor won anway?” for a response.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Ayrilana.1396

Really?

I did ask you a question. You can reread it.

The entire point is to get some community feedback first… Mindblowing concept right? Out of the realm of possibility for the devs to gauge how the players who will have to earn and wear the gear feels? Right?

Maybe you’re use to the gw2 dev team that rarely communicates and rarely engages the community, and a game that doesn’t have an open testing server and such… but there are other games, that earn more per year, that do…

Maybe you like it when the devs drop trench coat dresses for rangers, thieves and engineers… that make our medium armors classes look frumpy battle wizards, but I sure don’t… Maybe if the devs actually paid attention to previous armor complaints, or gauged the community to get a feel for what the communit at large would like, we could possibly have something more tasteful and appropriate… but ya know… Flames of “War” candle holder…

Would do you well to wrap your head around the benefits of dev and player interactions.

“The devs could easily create concept drawings for us to discuss and vote on… not hard to get the playerbase involved in legendary gear and weapons matters.”

The above is a statement, not a question.

As I’ve stated already, feedback wouldn’t necessarily matter as player preferences differ. What one player finds appealing, another may not. The end result would be that some players like the skin(s) while other don’t. Asking for feedback prior to releasing every skins wouldn’t reveal what they don’t already know and I’m sure most of it is by design choice. They’re well aware beforehand that some players may not like the skin while others will.

The devs communicate fairly often. They don’t need to communicate to every single person that feels entitled to be communicated to. An open testing server isn’t a necessity and I could not find that many MMO’s that do that for anything that couldn’t be considered a beta test like what was done for HoT.

I personally don’t have issues with trench coats. Again, that’s my personal preference you as you have your own. Mine doesn’t overrule yours just as yours doesn’t overrule mine. The devs are well aware of the complaints as a segment of the population have been complaining since around launch. They’ve released non-trench coat skins but apparently that isn’t good enough. The WvW T3 armor isn’t a trench coat for example.

I’m aware of the benefits of player-dev communication but there are instances where nothing valuable can be gained that’s worth holding back the release of skins.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Swagger.1459

“The devs could easily create concept drawings for us to discuss and vote on… not hard to get the playerbase involved in legendary gear and weapons matters.

Right?"

Right?…

Ayrilana.1396

“The devs could easily create concept drawings for us to discuss and vote on… not hard to get the playerbase involved in legendary gear and weapons matters.

Right?"

Right?…

You added that part after I posted and then proceeded to respond to my post asking me why I didn’t answer that question.

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

It would be nice to be able to get these outside of raids. For some people it is impossible to find a stable raiding group due to life commitments and whatnot.

It doesn’t need to be the same look (so the raid people can have their unique look) but a fractal set would be nice!