Legendary Armor Information

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

Next

As some players have started to discover the information related to the journey for Legendary Armor included with the Stronghold of the Faithful, I wanted to give some additional information and clarifications about the overall journey. Upon completing the Envoy Armor I collection, the achievement awards a box of Experimental Envoy Armor, out of which you can choose one set of ascended armor: light, medium, or heavy. This armor is similar to the early-stage precursor weapons crafted when working towards the legendary precursor weapon. The armor is not the final precursor, and you should feel free to choose a set based on which appearance or type of armor that you would like to have.

Completing the Envoy Armor I collection will unlock the Envoy Armor II collection to begin the next step of the journey. Similarly to how the first collection was revealed over the course of the Forsaken Thicket releases, this collection has some items that are tied to future content which will be revealed when that content is released. However, since creating the legendary armor involves more than just earning the precursor armor pieces, the NPC who helps out with the Envoy Armor II collection provides information as to what is required to make the legendary gifts, so that players working on this journey know what to collect in order to complete their armor.

Upon completion of the Envoy Armor II collection, you will receive another box of armor and this will be the final stage of precursor armor. These will be the items you can upgrade to legendary armor in the Mystic Forge. This armor box will similarly require you to choose an armor type, and it will award a set of precursor armors of that type. However, it also will unlock crafting recipes to craft all three types of precursor armor, so anyone wanting to create different types of legendary armor or additional armors for their other characters will be able to do so. Obtaining a Refined Envoy Armor will unlock the corresponding Experimental Envoy Armor skin, so players wanting to unlock all of these skins will be able to do that by creating the Refined Envoy Armors when they have been unlocked.

Posted by: Abracadabra.3296

Abracadabra.3296

Outstanding news! Could we possibly have a couple screen shots of what the armor sets look like?

“I am become death, the shatter of worlds.”
Roaming Troll Warrior: Melee Conditions
GW2 Roleplayers – JOIN US! GW2 RP

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Any information when it will be available?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am sad that we need to wait even longer to finish this set. Isnt waiting 3 raid wings enough wait?
And why not just auto unlock the skins for all 3 armor classes after finishing crafting the legendary armor? Isnt 17 weeks time gate for 1 set enough? 17*3=51 weeks of doing all 9 boss encounters

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Is the time delay in part due to you making it possible for us to select runes in addition to stats and thus make it completely worth getting?

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

I am sad that we need to wait even longer to finish this set. Isnt waiting 3 raid wings enough wait?
And why not just auto unlock the skins for all 3 armor classes after finishing crafting the legendary armor? Isnt 17 weeks time gate for 1 set enough? 17*3=51 weeks of doing all 9 boss encounters

Well timegate is somewhat over already by next week i will reach 150 insights, unlocking all sets at once would be nice but thats kind of a stretch to unlock 18 legendary skins at once.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

So are we 2 expansion away before legendary armor ?!

Or are you guys going to continue add raiding content at the same pace you have right now (every 3 months) ??

At the end i would suggest look for some content that most players can enjoy and not only the 2-3% of the playerbase :S

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Well timegate is somewhat over already by next week i will reach 150 insights, unlocking all sets at once would be nice but thats kind of a stretch to unlock 18 legendary skins at once.

I would prefer if the set would be 3x as expensive (except 3x 150 insights) to make and unlock everything in one go then.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Will legendary armor have auras?

Posted by: Kapax.3801

Kapax.3801

Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——>Box——> one of the 100 materials needed for crafting the legendary armor.

Estimated timeframe to complete the work: 2020.

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

Disclaimer: I do not raid and do not plan to in the short term, so I am not the target audience for this content.

That being said, I do think all of these collections, achievements, and tests of skill and patience make legendary armor truly befitting of the title “Legendary”.

That being said, it seems reckless to engage in such an expensive and time-consuming series of quests without even knowing what the finished product looks like. Certainly there are players that raid for the entertainment value alone, but for those chasing the carrot on the end of the (rather long) stick, what if it turns out to be a lemon instead?

tl;dr: shiny pics plz

/casualobserverslashies

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

This is great news, but two important questions:

1. If the numbers we see now are final, does that really mean it’s going to take 150 Legendary Insights per armor set? I thought provisioner tokens were bad, but if that’s true then it means that to make a new set from scratch you have to do every single boss, every single week for over 4 months to get enough Insights to make a full set. We were told Insights “wouldn’t be a grind” and that you “should have enough if you raid regularly”. Right now Insights are balanced so that, by the time Legendary Armor actually comes out you’ll barely be able to make one full set if you’ve done every boss every week since launch.
  1. We still have no idea how Legendary armor is going to work with runes. Is there another rework for runes/sigils internally that can’t be talked about? Rune swapping, or maybe ascended/legendary runes? The ability to salvage legendary gear for their upgrades with any salvage kit without it being destroyed? Having stat-swappable gear is pretty moot if you can’t also swap runes. This is already a problem with sigils but isn’t as bad.

I’m assuming you can’t talk about internal aesthetics either, but more comments about Legendary armor appearance would be appreciated. The precursor armor obviously hasn’t gone over well. Will the Legendary armor have a different look entirely, or just and upgraded appearance? Right now our best guess is that it not only doesn’t look the part (of being legendary in appearance), but also falls way short of expectations; i.e. not cultural armor, clips with tails on charr and covers their horns, that kind of stuff.

(edited by Darmikau.9413)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Thanks for the update! Hopefully not too much longer.

I’m glad we can’t get it right now though, this way puts people on more equal footing so that the testing guilds don’t get the armor weeks before everyone else.

Got all my mats ready, just need 30 more LI’s to finish off the last few bits, glad we can make individual pieces so I don’t need to have them all at once.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Sounds good, but is there any word on how players who don’t raid will be able to unlock the Experimental and Envoy armors? I mean,. you have millions of people who enjoy this game, most of which do not enjoy raiding, so it seems a bit off-putting that only those who enjoy raiding will be able to progress this armor (and before anyone starts complaining about how they have to move out of their own comfort zone to earn existing Legendaries, the various requirements to earn legendary weapons are significantly lower time and skill bars than raiding).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Sounds good, but is there any word on how players who don’t raid will be able to unlock the Experimental and Envoy armors? I mean,. you have millions of people who enjoy this game, most of which do not enjoy raiding, so it seems a bit off-putting that only those who enjoy raiding will be able to progress this armor (and before anyone starts complaining about how they have to move out of their own comfort zone to earn existing Legendaries, the various requirements to earn legendary weapons are significantly lower time and skill bars than raiding).

Just no. I don’t consider myself a raider (only been able to do it a couple of times since it was put in), but I think the legendary armor should be a raid reward. If you can’t/won’t do the raids, then you shouldn’t be able to get it. As for the weapons having a lower time and skill commitment, you’re only making one weapon each time you go through the process; you’re making six armor pieces for the armor.

Posted by: Nukkuu.6591

Nukkuu.6591

What about the PvP legendary back piece or the triumphant armour in WvW? There are many people such as myself who don’t enjoy those game modes either and so will likely never get those items.

You just have to accept that some things in games like this are going to be content specific and to get them you have to play that content.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is great news, but two important questions:

1. If the numbers we see now are final, does that really mean it’s going to take 150 Legendary Insights per armor set? I thought provisioner tokens were bad, but if that’s true then it means that to make a new set from scratch you have to do every single boss, every single week for over 4 months to get enough Insights to make a full set. We were told Insights “wouldn’t be a grind” and that you “should have enough if you raid regularly”. Right now Insights are balanced so that, by the time Legendary Armor actually comes out you’ll barely be able to make one full set if you’ve done every boss every week since launch.

Think more towards the longterm. Raids have been available for six months. How many LI’s do you think that players can earn during that same timeframe with 9 bosses? Now add on additional bosses from future raids. The more raids they add, the quicker it will be to accumulate LI’s. We’ll likely come to the point where people have nothing to spend them on.

There’s really no point in nerfing the number of LI’s needed for legendary armor in the short term when players will be able to accumulate them at faster rates in the long term as more raids are added.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Ayrilana.1396

For those who don’t use Reddit:

1: Your choice in Envoy Armor I doesn’t commit you for later- you can get heavy Experimental Envoy Armor, and then pick light Refined Envoy Armor from the second collection. If you do, you would need to craft the heavy Refined Envoy Armor if you want to make the legendary heavy armor set.

2: The armors aren’t destroyed- you get 2 complete sets of ascended armor by completing the collections.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4of0ld/update_from_anet_about_legendary_armor/d4c12qg

Ohoni.6057

Just no. I don’t consider myself a raider (only been able to do it a couple of times since it was put in), but I think the legendary armor should be a raid reward. If you can’t/won’t do the raids, then you shouldn’t be able to get it.

Why? Some people like to raid, some don’t, why should those who like to raid have this cool armor available to them while those who don’t, through no fault of their own, are blocked out? What sort of sense dose that make?

As for the weapons having a lower time and skill commitment, you’re only making one weapon each time you go through the process; you’re making six armor pieces for the armor.

Still relevant, I’d prefer to make six legendary weapons to one armor set under the current requirements (and that’s even considering that the current weapon requirements are a bit excessive).

What about the PvP legendary back piece or the triumphant armour in WvW? There are many people such as myself who don’t enjoy those game modes either and so will likely never get those items.

This is why I included that disclaimer at the end, to head off such comments. Again, there are items in the game that require playing in a mode you do not enjoy, but all of these items have a far lower time and skill cap than raiding does. I hate PvP with an absolute passion, ever minute I spend in PvP is sucking days off my soul, but I do play it because I want that backpiece and they’ve given no alternative, but it still adds up to far less time and skill required than to complete the raids in their current forms.

I mean, ideally, you’re right, players should definitely NOT have to engage in activities that they do not enjoy, and it only harms the game when they make systems that require players to do so for extended periods of time, but so far Legendary armor is the most extreme example of this, and the most important to provide relief.

done by now.”

Ayrilana.1396

Just no. I don’t consider myself a raider (only been able to do it a couple of times since it was put in), but I think the legendary armor should be a raid reward. If you can’t/won’t do the raids, then you shouldn’t be able to get it.

Why? Some people like to raid, some don’t, why should those who like to raid have this cool armor available to them while those who don’t, through no fault of their own, are blocked out? What sort of sense dose that make?

As for the weapons having a lower time and skill commitment, you’re only making one weapon each time you go through the process; you’re making six armor pieces for the armor.

Still relevant, I’d prefer to make six legendary weapons to one armor set under the current requirements (and that’s even considering that the current weapon requirements are a bit excessive).

This is why I included that disclaimer at the end, to head off such comments. Again, there are items in the game that require playing in a mode you do not enjoy, but all of these items have a far lower time and skill cap than raiding does. I hate PvP with an absolute passion, ever minute I spend in PvP is sucking days off my soul, but I do play it because I want that backpiece and they’ve given no alternative, but it still adds up to far less time and skill required than to complete the raids in their current forms.

I mean, ideally, you’re right, players should definitely NOT have to engage in activities that they do not enjoy, and it only harms the game when they make systems that require players to do so for extended periods of time, but so far Legendary armor is the most extreme example of this, and the most important to provide relief.

Why? Some people like to do world completion, some don’t, why should those who like to do world completion be able to craft legendary weapons while those who don’t, through no fault of their own, are blocked out? What sort of sense dose that make?

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

2: The armors aren’t destroyed- you get 2 complete sets of ascended armor by completing the collections.

kitten? Why the hell I made all my legendaries and got nothing but legendary in the end, but raiders are allowed to be special snowflakes?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

Previous

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

Next

kitten? Why the hell I made all my legendaries and got nothing but legendary in the end, but raiders are allowed to be special snowflakes?

To clarify, the final precursor set is consumed when you convert it to legendary, similar to how Dusk is consumed when creating Twilight- the main difference from the legendary weapon collections is that you don’t have to salvage the first precursor in order to make the next tier, and there are only 2 tiers for the legendary armor journey as opposed to 3 for weapons.

Rednik.3809

To clarify, the final precursor set is consumed when you convert it to legendary, similar to how Dusk is consumed when creating Twilight- the main difference from the legendary weapon collections is that you don’t have to salvage the first precursor in order to make the next tier, and there are only 2 tiers for the legendary armor journey as opposed to 3 for weapons.

But there is 2 free ascended sets still. As example, legendary backpack have all 3 tiers of ascended precursor, but you have to destroy them. So why other legendaries are not getting anything in return? They considered as inferior or something?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

Plus: We will be able to craft copies as much as we want. I can’t craft a new Raven Staff to get a new Nevermore.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Ohoni.6057

Why? Some people like to do world completion, some don’t, why should those who like to do world completion be able to craft legendary weapons while those who don’t, through no fault of their own, are blocked out? What sort of sense dose that make?

I agree, none at all, so obviously there should be alternative ways to earn a Gift of Exploration, but for the time being, while that remains an issue, getting World Completion can be done in a tiny fraction of the time and effort involved in beating a single raid wing through your own efforts, especially if you’re running World Completion with nine other players to back you up, so the comparison is a rather weak one.

done by now.”

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Is the time delay in part due to you making it possible for us to select runes in addition to stats and thus make it completely worth getting?

Doubt it. I think it’s more of an uphill struggle by working with the UI for these new collections. It’s probably the same reason why we got legendaries put on hold, and ad infinitum took a long time to get the final version out. If they did something like rune/sigil swap then it would be a major quality of life update that would work with all legendary gear.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I agree, none at all, so obviously there should be alternative ways to earn a Gift of Exploration, but for the time being, while that remains an issue, getting World Completion can be done in a tiny fraction of the time and effort involved in beating a single raid wing through your own efforts, especially if you’re running World Completion with nine other players to back you up, so the comparison is a rather weak one.

Yeah NO. That’s dumb and also this is not the place to discuss it. Make your own thread to complain.

I think the reasoning behind letting you keep the first set of armor is that armor is not as transferable as weapons and backs are. Sure you only get 1 legendary back and no ascended’s when you make it but you can transfer and use that legendary on all your characters for all time. If I make a set of legendary armor of one weight class I can not transfer it to any other weight class. For me this means of the 4 characters I raid with, 2 will not be able to use the legendary armor I make. It makes sense to let you get a second armor weight of your choosing and craft the 3rd since many people use all 3 armor weight classes in raids on a single account.

Rednik.3809

I think the reasoning behind letting you keep the first set of armor is that armor is not as transferable as weapons and backs are. Sure you only get 1 legendary back and no ascended’s when you make it but you can transfer and use that legendary on all your characters for all time. If I make a set of legendary armor of one weight class I can not transfer it to any other weight class. For me this means of the 4 characters I raid with, 2 will not be able to use the legendary armor I make. It makes sense to let you get a second armor weight of your choosing and craft the 3rd since many people use all 3 armor weight classes in raids on a single account.

Except that you can’t use your shiny Sunrise on revenant, Bolt on elementalist or Predator on thief. “Because different armor classes” is not answer.

25 charracters

Posted by: Khaldris.9026

Khaldris.9026

How would one earn a Gift of Exploration, if not through exploring? Not being able to achieve things because you either don’t want to play something (either through lack of skill or lack of enjoyment), or you simply don’t have the time for it, is not a reason to compromise the system set up.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I’m really disappointed that one of the first tier collection items for this wing is a weekly gated rng drop. I was looking forward to finishing up the collection and getting my set of armor after progression. Instead I need to wait X number of weeks till I happen to get the drop, while friends of mine in my raid group are already well on their way through the second tier. After getting nothing but exotics from the bosses, it felt pretty bad.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

Except that you can’t use your shiny Sunrise on revenant, Bolt on elementalist or Predator on thief. “Because different armor classes” is not answer.

The real answer is most likely because we can’t see what the final armor would look like and either forcing people to wait before using the pre or locking people into a choice before they can make an informed decision won’t have anyone be happy with that.

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

I’m really disappointed that one of the first tier collection items for this wing is a weekly gated rng drop. I was looking forward to finishing up the collection and getting my set of armor after progression. Instead I need to wait X number of weeks till I happen to get the drop, while friends of mine in my raid group are already well on their way through the second tier. After getting nothing but exotics from the bosses, it felt pretty bad.

What drop is rng?

ZudetGambeous.9573

You will after enough expansions

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

What drop is rng?

You need to get a drop from one of the three chests in the twisted castle – I opened all three and didn’t get one.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree that this Legendary armor should only come from raids. My hope is that just as they have introduced Legendary backs to two modes, they will make a separate set of Legendary armor, equally difficult to acquire as this set, just difficult in other modes of the game that can be approached on a less 10-man-team basis for those of us that have had issues with that aspect of raids. Making HOPE was a long and arduous process for me but I did it at my pace and no one else was relying on me accomplishing the tasks at a time convenient for them.

I also hope that this next hypothetical set will look nicer than the current set (see thread on boobplates for charr not being a Good Idea), but I think they may be working on making the sets things people only feel compelled to get if they truly need the stat switching. That, or these are precursors and thus don’t reflect the final cool appearance.

Ohoni.6057

How would one earn a Gift of Exploration, if not through exploring? Not being able to achieve things because you either don’t want to play something (either through lack of skill or lack of enjoyment), or you simply don’t have the time for it, is not a reason to compromise the system set up.

Well, like via PvP, for example, it could be done through an achievement track that involves things like winning X matches on each available PvP map, capturing and defending each point on each map X number of times, completing secondary objectives on each map, things like that, showing that you’ve fully “explored” the PvP space, while taking time and effort equivalent to World Completion. Maybe also include small interactives at hidden locations in the maps, like the highest point in the Temple map, which would actually help players notice strategic options. Point being, it does make sense to offer alternatives for players that really enjoy some aspects of the game but know that they do not enjoy others.

I agree that this Legendary armor should only come from raids. My hope is that just as they have introduced Legendary backs to two modes, they will make a separate set of Legendary armor, equally difficult to acquire as this set, just difficult in other modes of the game that can be approached on a less 10-man-team basis for those of us that have had issues with that aspect of raids.

Well, that’s all well and good, but what about people who want THIS set? I mean, I’ve looked it over in the wardrobe, and I definitely want those boots (among a few other pieces). The hypothetical other set might be good too, but it’s no substitute for this one if it looks different.

done by now.”

(edited by Ohoni.6057)

Posted by: Evonie.4396

Evonie.4396

It saddens me… the LEGENDARY armor and not even class related or cultural. Just 3 armors ( honestly, noone will wear the precursor ).

A long time ago you did a video named " ArenaNet’s MMO Manifesto", You should look what you did here. THAT was GW2. Not the rushing content you are doing at the moment.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, that’s all well and good, but what about people who want THIS set? I mean, I’ve looked it over in the wardrobe, and I definitely want those boots (among a few other pieces). The hypothetical other set might be good too, but it’s no substitute for this one if it looks different.

If you want it that badly, then you need to do the raids. It doesn’t matter if you (or anyone else) think it’s somehow not fair; if you want raid loot, do raids.

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

It’s people like Ohoni that make me even more excited to have my set of legendary armor.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you want it that badly, then you need to do the raids. It doesn’t matter if you (or anyone else) think it’s somehow not fair; if you want raid loot, do raids.

This. I haven’t even beaten Vale Guardian. My one foray into a raid training group fizzled when I went to some effort to gear up exactly to spec and then they changed the requirements after my first evening with them, to way more expensive gear (while I was working on a legendary myself and didn’t have much more to spare). Which is fair! Raiding needs such things. So I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m simply not going to get the raid armor.

This is why I’m hoping a different set will come along as I said above. Not an easier set. Just a non-raid set. (It does help that none of the Experimental skins at any level are must-haves for me, I admit, though I do like the floaty crystal Light shoulders).

Posted by: Sideon.3672

Sideon.3672

This. While the Ghostly Infusion was/is a nice gold bump for raiders, I’m glad more and more of the raid specific loot is going account bound. If you see someone with a Mathias Mini… guess what, they have killed Mathias. The same can be said for the HoT legends, as anyone with those ha had to have done the content; whereas I have seen many people with Gen 1 Legends, that clearly have not done the content, but farmed gold (often via gems) and have them; completley defeating the legendary That of LEGENDS status. Devs please stick up for the players who take the effort to do the difficult content, and do not reward those unwilling.

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

Remember back when people were like “omg legendary weapons arent legendary cause u can just buy them!! plz make them require hard content!”

And now that this is finally the case we see

“omg its unfair that i actually need to work for legendary armor. i just wanna be able to cheese it”

Ohoni.6057

And see, that’s the problem. It’s like saying to a PvPer “yeah, that one class is overpowered, so if you want to win matches, only play as that class, there’s no problem there to fix!”

This is why I’m hoping a different set will come along as I said above. Not an easier set. Just a non-raid set. (It does help that none of the Experimental skins at any level are must-haves for me, I admit, though I do like the floaty crystal Light shoulders).

And that’s fine for you if it makes you happy. You seem to be going for getting “a legendary set,” and any legendary set will make you happy, and that’s great, for you. But I want this one. Or at least the boots. And most of the heavy set. And bits of the medium set. Not necessarily all of it, but definitely parts here and there. So if they come out with a completely different set, then that might be good too, and I might want that one too, but I’ll still want this set, and won’t want it any less.

If you see someone with a Mathias Mini… guess what, they have killed Mathias. The same can be said for the HoT legends, as anyone with those ha had to have done the content; whereas I have seen many people with Gen 1 Legends, that clearly have not done the content, but farmed gold (often via gems) and have them; completley defeating the legendary That of LEGENDS status. Devs please stick up for the players who take the effort to do the difficult content, and do not reward those unwilling.

Who cares what other people have and how they got it? Who cares whether some other player did X content or they farmed for gold? What does that matter to you? What matters is whether they are happy with the item they have, not whether you are happy that they have it.

Remember back when people were like “omg legendary weapons arent legendary cause u can just buy them!! plz make them require hard content!”

And now that this is finally the case we see

“omg its unfair that i actually need to work for legendary armor. i just wanna be able to cheese it”

Yes, completely different sets of people. This is inevitable in any system, no change or feature will be embraced by all, the ideal is to make as many people as possible as happy as possible, and if some players can only be happy because other players are sad, then those are the players you ignore.

done by now.”

Rednik.3809

The real answer is most likely because we can’t see what the final armor would look like and either forcing people to wait before using the pre or locking people into a choice before they can make an informed decision won’t have anyone be happy with that.

Can I get 2 free ascended pieces per every legendary “because I cant wait for legendary” then? I have a lot of boot boxes to salvage for that case.

25 charracters

Posted by: Wac.2305

Wac.2305

I would like to see a personal track of achievement other than raiding to gain Legendary Armor Skins.

I wonder what % of players actually raid.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

However, it also will unlock crafting recipes to craft all three types of precursor armor, so anyone wanting to create different types of legendary armor or additional armors for their other characters will be able to do so. Obtaining a Refined Envoy Armor will unlock the corresponding Experimental Envoy Armor skin, so players wanting to unlock all of these skins will be able to do that by creating the Refined Envoy Armors when they have been unlocked.

For clarification, there are 3 skins, right? Experimental Envoy Armor, Refined Envoy Armor, Legendary Envoy Armor.

How do we get the recipes for these precursor armor exactly? Is it free or do we buy it?
If we buy it, what will the cost be for these recipes? Will it be expensive?
Can you tell us the recipe for the crafting the additional Refined Envoy Armor?

Also something confused me. Maybe it’s just reading stuff out of context.

These [Refined Envoy Armor] will be the items you can upgrade to legendary armor in the Mystic Forge

The armors aren’t destroyed- you get 2 complete sets of ascended armor by completing the collections.

Do we put Refined Envoy Armor in the Mystic Forge for the Legendary Envoy Armor? Does this mean someone completing Legendary Envoy Armor is going to have one set of extra ascended armor (Experimental Envoy Armor) and one set of legendary armor (Legendary Envoy Armor)?

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So, how do the 90% or so of players who don’t raid, get legendary armor?

A few years back, ANET released ascended trinkets that could only be earned in fractals. The overwhelming response was that this was a bad idea. ANET admitted as much and said they wouldn’t lock a new gear level behind one game type.

Fast forward to now and it seems like ANET thinking that trying a bad idea a second time will give them a better result. WAKE UP ANET. It is a really dumb idea.

Unique skins should be locked behind game modes. A unique level of gear should not.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

If legendary armor can only be acquired via raids it should only be usable in raids.
You have to make items (or an equivalent) available somehow in all game modes, not just one.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

So, how do the 90% or so of players who don’t raid, get legendary armor?

they dont. legendary does not give a statistical advantage, so its a non issue if they cant

If it is able to change stats it will of course be an advantage. If not, then ignore 9/10 gripes.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Now the main point of GW2 HoT is equipment and fashion! Where is the new story and content?

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)