Legendary Armor Information

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

Previous

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

For clarification, there are 3 skins, right? Experimental Envoy Armor, Refined Envoy Armor, Legendary Envoy Armor.

Yes, this is correct.

How do we get the recipes for these precursor armor exactly? Is it free or do we buy it?
If we buy it, what will the cost be for these recipes? Will it be expensive?
Can you tell us the recipe for the crafting the additional Refined Envoy Armor?

The recipes will either be given out with the Refined Envoy Armor, or else available for a small cost- I haven’t finalized this, but it’s not intended that acquiring the recipes would be expensive aside from being locked behind the collections. I can’t say the exact recipes, but it will be similar to crafting a set of ascended armor.

Do we put Refined Envoy Armor in the Mystic Forge for the Legendary Envoy Armor? Does this mean someone completing Legendary Envoy Armor is going to have one set of extra ascended armor (Experimental Envoy Armor) and one set of legendary armor (Legendary Envoy Armor)?

Yes, you will put the Refined Envoy Armor pieces into the mystic forge along with the legendary gifts to create the Legendary Envoy Armor. You get to keep the Experimental Envoy Armor- you will need to salvage ascended items to create the legendary gifts, but you can salvage other ascended gear if you want to keep the first armor set.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So, how do the 90% or so of players who don’t raid, get legendary armor?

Better question, why would the 100% of people who don’t raid want it?

Obtena.7952

Now the main point of GW2 HoT is equipment and fashion! Where is the new story and content?

Now? It’s always been about fashion. That’s the whole point of horizontal progression.

Posted by: Riathen.2641

Riathen.2641

It’s great to get some clarification on a few of these things, but there needs to be more communication than this.

It’s been over 8 months and none of us working towards legendary armor have any clue what it’s going to look like or when it’s going to be released.

The first tier of the three precursor armors give us a faint idea on the final product, yet it could end up looking entirely different by the time it’s legendary. Now that the final wing is released, the only incentive I have to continue raiding is for legendary insights to work on a set of armor that I may not even end up liking.

Raiding was fun, it was worth logging in for, I loved it. But now that the ride’s over it’s going to become more of a grind each week than it was before and it’d be nice to see the carrot I’m chasing instead of a post-it note danging from a string in front of me that reads “Available in a future release.”

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Sounds good, but is there any word on how players who don’t raid will be able to unlock the Experimental and Envoy armors? I mean,. you have millions of people who enjoy this game, most of which do not enjoy raiding, so it seems a bit off-putting that only those who enjoy raiding will be able to progress this armor (and before anyone starts complaining about how they have to move out of their own comfort zone to earn existing Legendaries, the various requirements to earn legendary weapons are significantly lower time and skill bars than raiding).

What about the PvP legendary back piece or the triumphant armour in WvW? There are many people such as myself who don’t enjoy those game modes either and so will likely never get those items.

You just have to accept that some things in games like this are going to be content specific and to get them you have to play that content.

In an ideal scenario, given adequate resources you would have:

• Legendary PvP earned armour.
  • Legendary WvW earned armour.
  • Legendary Fractal earned armour.
  • Some sort of Legendary armour via general open world PvE, more casual content, etc.

Look at the back situation. You have a Fractal and PvP back. Thier should also be a WvW, Raid and perhaps a ‘casual’ PvE Legendary backpieces. (Disclaimer: I’m not after a cheese easy Legendary – I did the Fractal back and was fine with doing all the steps). The skins of course would all be different.

Specific content types should not dictate what class of gear you get. The skins, yes, because that indicates how you earned it. But it shouldnt cut out players of its mechanical benefits – the stats and more importantly the ability to change them.

Basically, the only way to get armour that can be stat changed is through raids. Why? What makes that particular game mode more important or “worthy” of Legendary armour than any other?

But, given that we lost more Legendary weapons, i cant EVER see them adding other Legendary armours. I get the distinct impression they are struggling right now to get the current Legendary armours out. I also wonder, once they are done, if we’ll ever see any more in the future.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

MashMash.1645

If legendary armor can only be acquired via raids it should only be usable in raids.
You have to make items (or an equivalent) available somehow in all game modes, not just one.

ANet will say, " Not enough resources" – I bet ya.

I find it interesting though, that they can mangage to scrounge up resources for content that a tiny fraction of the playerbase will do, and yet things like Legendary weapons, more NEW fractals & more regularly, new Dungeons, etc that immensely more people will engage in, gets cut.

Very curious.

MashMash.1645

they dont. legendary does not give a statistical advantage, so its a non issue if they cant

If it is able to change stats it will of course be an advantage. If not, then ignore 9/10 gripes.

You dont need Legendary armour for raiding either. In fact you dont need Legendary armour for ANY content in the game.

Its purely for looks (the unique skin) and mechanical convenience.

Again, i say, why should only raiding get this mecahnical convenience? The skin? No issue – it indicates how you got it. But other game modes should also get this convenience – and have its own seperate skin.

But, sigh, not enough resources, etc. Here, have a Gemstore sale though -_-

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes becouse it can totaly not be used anywere else then in said raid right? hear that anet lock the legendary stat swapping and skins inside raids it wont be able to be shown or used outside of it.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think Donari’s stance is the best compromise. I’m fine with letting the Legendary Raid armor have their own unique skin, but I’d like for there to be another avenue for acquiring Legendary armor (perhaps through WvW), similar to how one can acquire a Legendary backpiece via Fractals AND PvP.

For those who say that Legendary armor doesn’t offer any advantages over Ascended, you’re forgetting one thing: the stat switching. By equipping yourself with Legendary armor, you are essentially future proofing yourself against the need to upgrade to new stats in the future as more expansions are released. Oh, the Paladin’s set introduced with the Elonian expansion is now meta? Switch my Legendary armor over to Paladin’s, maybe put in new runes. Boom. Done. No need to do whatever crazy grinding/collecting is needed to get it, and I can start enjoying the new stats immediately.

THAT’S the only reason why I want Legendary armor. Not for skins or for showing off (because I couldn’t care less about those. Unless the Legendary armor skins are truly mind-blowing and happen to suit my chosen aesthetics for my characters, I fully intend on reskinning my Legendary armor back to the same skins I’ve worn for the last 2 years), but for convenience and the freedom from having to worry about needing to upgrade my gear in the future.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

exactly what Zaxares says. I have most legendary weapons (minus underwater and a couple of off-hand) specifically for the ability to change stats since most are transmuted as something less flowery, feminine, or just plain ridiculous. I sometimes carry around 2 extra ascended armor sets in wvw just so I have options if the situation changes around me. Keep the skin, just free up my inventory, let me leave my banks nipple, and allow me to actually work toward something while I play my preferred game mode.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The “I don’t want to do this but I still want my shinies” crew you’re in has to reduce their entitlement, thinking they should be able to get anything in a godkitten video game for basically no effort

That’s inaccurate. Nobody is saying “basically no effort,” in ANY form. All I’ve asked for, all I’ve heard others ask for, is alternative methods, ones which do not involve significant participation in raiding, because raiding is a specific activity that many do not enjoy. You might enjoy raiding, and that’s great, and you can earn your armor that way if you like, but not everyone does, and it’s not revolutionary that these people should also want a method of earning the armor.

. . .

Why would they not?

I mean, I want it because I think the boots look cool.

Seriously, what does enjoying raiding have ANYTHING to do with whether or not you’d want the armor?

The two have absolutely no correlation.

It’s like asking “who would someone who doesn’t like football enjoy eating hotdogs?!”

Accessible to anyone you say are you willing to carry the aussie people with 400-600 ping?
Or the 50-70 age people that dont have young whippersnappers dexteritiy anymore.
Seriously think before you type young one.

You know, all the people complaining about people complaining about Legendary armor could save a LOT of time and effort by just starting a “carrying guild” where they guarantee to carry anyone through the various raid bosses, first try each time, until those players get all they need to make the Envoy armor. If the raids are so super easy then that shouldn’t be hard to do and it’s far more productive than trying to convince people that they don’t want what they want, or that they can learn to enjoy what they know they don’t enjoy.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hi Andrew McLeod, WvW player here, so why were we left out of being able to get Legendary Armor? I mean seriously, you’re gating it behind the Raid????

smh

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Balsalom.7218

Balsalom.7218

AndrewMcLeod, for the final precursor and legendary armors, are their skins design wise similar to the first precursor? For example, the first two precursors for Sunrise don’t really share any significant similarities, but Dawn is basically a simpler version of the legendary minus the legendary effects. However with Ad Infinitum, all three precursors are thematically and design wise clearly related to the final product.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Don’t know if my opinions belong in this thread or not, but since people are talking about raiders vs non raiders and armor well here it is.

I’m in the camp of raids having their own set of Legendary Armor. I’m 100% for this. And I’m certainly working for it. I love the idea of stat switching armor. Don’t currently see any reason for the way I play or what I do to stop using zerker but anyone who has been around is aware Anet can change anything at the drop of a hat. And that would be any hat. So having the ability to change in the future to whatever the flavor of the month is will be great.

After looking over some stats on gw2efficency I have grave concern where this can possibly lead. When we look at the number of shards people have on average we can see there is a small number of people who actually have committed a substantial amount of time raiding. Knowing provisioner tokens needed is 300 and seeing only a small portion of people who even started saving those up. Makes me think far less people raid than what I thought.

We read, it would take away resources if Anet put in more legendary armor for other modes of play. But if the numbers on gw2efficiency are a good indication of the percentage of people who raid, what will happen when the current available resources start to dwindle when the majority of player base (those who don’t raid) get so put off by not having an equivalent set of armor stop playing? Lets face it, if they feel like Anet is depriving them of some of the best gear in game why would they want to continue? The motto of Anet, play the way they want may feel untrue to some if they feel locked out whether it be lack of time or lack of skill or lack of …fill in the blank.

I guess to put it a different way. If the majority is unhappy, that will ultimately lead to fewer players. Fewer players equals less money for Anet. Less money for Anet equals less resources for the game. Less resources usually leads to less of a game. Wouldn’t Anet be shooting themselves in the foot if the the majority feels ostracized? I support having the ability to acquire legendary through other modes of play, fractal/WvW/PvP But only make it so difficulty to acquire they would wished they raided for it instead. Ok that may be a bit selfish on my part. But make it equally as difficulty to obtain in every possible way.

I love GW, my wife has claimed for years GW is my mistress. The game has been a huge part of my life since 2005. Between GW1/2 met a lot of great people had more fun playing than I ever thought I would in an mmo. I would hate to see the game decline in anyway all because the desires of a minority to set ourselves apart.
I expect GW to be around until I die. And I don’t have any immediate plans.

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

I would hate to see the game decline in anyway all because the desires of a minority to set ourselves apart.

You have made an incredibly level headed point, and in time ANET should release legendary armor sets to other game modes (though different skins). That said, it isn’t a matter of setting yourself apart. Maybe that is it for some people, or maybe it is part of it for a lot of the people, but there is more to this discussion than that.

This is a small, vocal minority causing a scene with their entitlement, acting as though they deserve everything for nothing. The game is already more inclusive than any other MMO. Do you think most people in the game care I’d they can’t get legendary armors? Sure, maybe most pepole would like to have it, but most reasonable people wouldn’t just want it made easily obtainable because they know it would be meaningless then.

Also, as far as believing not many people raid due to the stats you are seeing, just wait until we actually see the armor, and then wait until raiders start showing it off in game. Suddenly the people who don’t want to commit the time without seeing the product will start. Then the people who don’t really pay attention to the forums or reddit will see it in game and start asking how they can get it.

Then you will see a lot more people participating.

Well, that’s all well and good, but what about people who want THIS set? I mean, I’ve looked it over in the wardrobe, and I definitely want those boots (among a few other pieces). The hypothetical other set might be good too, but it’s no substitute for this one if it looks different.

If you want the armor set, play the raids. ArenaNet has made this game incredibly inclusive, and people like you who act ridiculous with entitlement complexes just spit in their faces.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

(edited by Oolune.4357)

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Sooo when PvP and WvW gonna get their own versions of legendary armor for being hardcore player in those modes. Still waiting WvW exclusive legendary back piece aswell, why are we WvW players left out of our own versions?

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

danielrjones.8759

I would hate to see the game decline in anyway all because the desires of a minority to set ourselves apart.

You have made an incredibly level headed point, and in time ANET should release legendary armor sets to other game modes (though different skins). That said, it isn’t a matter of setting yourself apart. Maybe that is it for some people, or maybe it is part of it for a lot of the people, but there is more to this discussion than that.

This is a small, vocal minority causing a scene with their entitlement, acting as though they deserve everything for nothing. The game is already more inclusive than any other MMO. Do you think most people in the game care I’d they can’t get legendary armors? Sure, maybe most pepole would like to have it, but most reasonable people wouldn’t just want it made easily obtainable because they know it would be meaningless then.

Also, as far as believing not many people raid due to the stats you are seeing, just wait until we actually see the armor, and then wait until raiders start showing it off in game. Suddenly the people who don’t want to commit the time without seeing the product will start. Then the people who don’t really pay attention to the forums or reddit will see it in game and start asking how they can get it.

Then you will see a lot more people participating.

Well, that’s all well and good, but what about people who want THIS set? I mean, I’ve looked it over in the wardrobe, and I definitely want those boots (among a few other pieces). The hypothetical other set might be good too, but it’s no substitute for this one if it looks different.

If you want the armor set, play the raids. ArenaNet has made this game incredibly inclusive, and people like you who act ridiculous with entitlement complexes just spit in their faces.

I completely agree with all you said. In time they should. No I don’t think it should be done anytime soon. Legendary armor has been one of the main driving forces to do raids repetitively even on the days when your neighbor wakes you up in the middle of the night with his extremely loud truck making a person tired and cranky the next day and not really feeling up to raiding that night….anyway rant over. Although he is about to gain a whole new appreciation for pure cane sugar. Ok now rant really over.

I do believe there are those who genuinely wish to have an alternative way to obtain legendary armor and they are willing to do whatever is required of them in the mode of gameplay they enjoy.
As far as entitlement. Something I despise. But I’m not going to talk about that, I don’t need another infraction and that subject tends to bring out the evil Dan who I prefer to keep locked away.

I had considered what you said about, just wait until people start seeing the end product and then we will see more people commit to raiding. I honestly believe or at the least I’m very optimistic/hopeful we will see a huge number start raiding. That would be awesome for the game over all.. I understand some have no desire to raid. I don’t understand why, just some say they don’t and I just take their word for it. I think one thing that does bother me is, when I see people putting down raids/raiders when they actually never tried them to form an honest opinion. (excuse me a moment I need to lock someone back up he is trying to put his thoughts here regarding the last comment)

I recall a few years ago a lot of people saying the same thing about legendary weapons. Now everyone, their shadow and mini pets have multiple sets. But I recall many saying they would never do all that is required to make a weapon.

I would love nothing more to see thousands and more people start raiding. Honestly for those who haven’t found a group to grow with or become good friends with They just don’t know what they are missing.

Anyway it’s getting late and I have a bag of sugar to dump eeeerrrr put in a sugar bowl. Yeah that’s it.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I have some questions:

A) Are the experimental armor representive of the final product. By that I mean, the same model, but with a refined skin, so it doesn’t look so cheap?

B) If the legendary armor looks different, does it’s design include long running wishes from the community? (Charr tails and Horns, no trenchcoats, pants, no buttcapes, etc. )

C) Will there be other legendary armor later on, if people are not satisfied with the current design?

D) Can you elaborate a bit on the design philosphy behind these armor? Is there a certain story it follows, or does it follows a certain theme?
I notice a “dragonslayer” approach, with the experimental.

E) Will current feedback be used for the future development?
Certain things should have allready influenced the current armor design, but that doesn’t seem the case, as we see many “mistakes” popping up again.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

As someone who cant do the raids(age,disability’s etc)i just hope the 35k gold i got from gem purchases is enough to buy 125 insights i still need and finish this armour.Was it set at 150 to make it very costly for people like me? buying runs is a long standing tradition in guild wars,and like it or not it is allowed and was going to be used by some to get this armour.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes, that’s a good question. Why do they want it, and why can’t they get it? I mean, it’s not like it’s more useful in raids than outside raids. In many ways, due to the rune problem, it’s far more useful for casuals (that might not care they’re not running the most efficient rune set) than to hardcores (that would consider crafting a second set of armor to be a more efficient choice).

TL/DR;
That you don’t consider Legendary armor desirable beyond it being a trophy doesn’t mean other people think the same.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

If Anet locks the stats of Legendary armor, maybe those who complains will be content? Then it will truly be for looks….

The BG Super Munster!

Oolune.4357

Yes, that’s a good question. Why do they want it, and why can’t they get it? I mean, it’s not like it’s more useful in raids than outside raids. In many ways, due to the rune problem, it’s far more useful for casuals (that might not care they’re not running the most efficient rune set) than to hardcores (that would consider crafting a second set of armor to be a more efficient choice).

TL/DR;
That you don’t consider Legendary armor desirable beyond it being a trophy doesn’t mean other people think the same.

I have an idea. How about at character creation you simply get to choose your level, Stat distribution, and armor/weapon skins from the full skin pool. That way everything is available to everyone no matter how hard they do or do not want to work and no matter what content they feel like playing.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

-

they dont. legendary does not give a statistical advantage, so its a non issue if they cant
I think the “I want it all – I want it now” crew is pathetic and needs to reduce their feeling of entitlement.

The “mine mine mine, you can’t have it” crew is the one that need to reduce their entitlement. The goal should be the most happiness for the largest number, not to allow a tiny few to feel like special snowflakes because the devs happen to reward their preferred play mode better than others.

The “I don’t want to do this but I still want my shinies” crew you’re in has to reduce their entitlement, thinking they should be able to get anything in a godkitten video game for basically no effort. Put the energy you’ve thrown into crying that anet is supposed to make the PvP-back and the legendary armor accessible to everyone (which they are, the problem is people not willing to go through it) into something useful, would be much better.

Anyhow, while the info on legendary armor is welcome it’s really disappointing that, after (at the very least) 8 months, the armor still cannot be completed and there is no ETA on when we will be able to. This wouldn’t be as bad if we could at least see the finished product (which likely doesn’t even exist as of this point, nor does the refined armor I take it) so we still have no idea what we are actually working towards…

Accessible to anyone you say are you willing to carry the aussie people with 400-600 ping?
Or the 50-70 age people that dont have young whippersnappers dexteritiy anymore.
Seriously think before you type young one.

We have someone in our guild who fights against a worse ping than that more often than not and he doesn’t end up getting carried through raids and does his part.
I have dyspraxia, making my reactions delayed, making me press wrong buttons/nothing sometime and whatnot. I’m still doing fine in raids.
I also knew someone who did raids despite her being in the early 50s, but she stopped playing now.

Honestly, it is definitely doable by everyone who can normally play GW2 in the first place.

Besides, all this doesn’t matter because the steps here are required for legendary gear and ANet can’t take a step back on this because they’ll shoot everyone who went through raids for the armor in the foot, especially those in the “I might not like raids but I want the shiny so I’ll do it anyway”-camp.

Posted by: Rahveiz.7461

Rahveiz.7461

Well life isn’t fair so…
Legendary weapons can already be crafted by playing full kitten, now that they finally add a reward for doing something “hard” (kek sabetha), everyone complains about it.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I don’t think that having those armors restricted to raids is a bad idea, in itself.
On the other hand, not all classes are so lucky. Whereas some are always welcomed, others are essentially excluded from raid activities. Mostly due to a pvp-based balancing that utterly screws up any other mode, imho.
So, how about we actually get all classes to be equally useful in raids, if we’re supposed to do them for such rewards?
And no, making alts isn’t a solution. Nobody will ever ask an ele, a warrior or a druid to take their alt character, assuming they haven’t got too many of them. So i don’t see why other classes should do so just to have a chance at raids.

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

Why? Some people like to do world completion, some don’t, why should those who like to do world completion be able to craft legendary weapons while those who don’t, through no fault of their own, are blocked out? What sort of sense dose that make?

I agree, none at all, so obviously there should be alternative ways to earn a Gift of Exploration, but for the time being, while that remains an issue, getting World Completion can be done in a tiny fraction of the time and effort involved in beating a single raid wing through your own efforts, especially if you’re running World Completion with nine other players to back you up, so the comparison is a rather weak one.

Seriously, it’s a legendary. It’s supposed to be hard, deal with it. I’ll prolly never raid, so I won’t get it, too bad.

I hope only people who work hard for a piece of legendary armour/weapons get them. They aren’t supposed to be handed to you on a silver platter. You should go out and actively work for them.

Ohoni.6057

This is a small, vocal minority causing a scene with their entitlement, acting as though they deserve everything for nothing.

I agree, which is why they definitely should expand the Legendary armor to the majority of players, rather than allowing this small minority to hoard them.

(a)Do you think most people in the game care I’d they can’t get legendary armors? Sure, maybe most pepole would like to have it, but most reasonable people wouldn’t just want it made easily obtainable because they know it would be meaningless then.

(b)Also, as far as believing not many people raid due to the stats you are seeing, just wait until we actually see the armor, and then wait until raiders start showing it off in game. Suddenly the people who don’t want to commit the time without seeing the product will start.

How do you reconcile point (a) with point (b)? They are pretty much the opposite. You claim that the majority don’t care, but that they will jump into raiding once they know Legendary armor is available. If those players don’t want to raid now, then they won’t want to raid any more later, so if they do start raiding, it’ll only be because they feel pressured into it by the rewards, which will lead to the same toxic situation PvP’s been dealing with for the past six months, where most of the people involved don’t want to be there, aren’t having any fun, and are very vocal about it. That environment benefits no one.

Raids should be for raiders.

Nobody who is not a raider should ever have any reason whatsoever to set foot inside a raid.

I would love nothing more to see thousands and more people start raiding. Honestly for those who haven’t found a group to grow with or become good friends with They just don’t know what they are missing.

No, most know exactly what they’re missing, they just know that it is something they would prefer to miss. The raiding style of gameplay just doesn’t appeal to everyone, and never will. Trust me, if you love raiding now, and if they ever made raiding so that I would love it as much as you do, then you would HATE raiding.

I have an idea. How about at character creation you simply get to choose your level, Stat distribution, and armor/weapon skins from the full skin pool. That way everything is available to everyone no matter how hard they do or do not want to work and no matter what content they feel like playing.

I don’t think that’s a good idea, it’s important to have goals to work toward in the game. More importantly though, you should have FUN working towards those goals, and since every player enjoys different things, it’s important to offer as many paths as possible towards those goals. If players love to raid, then raiding should be a path to reach the Experimental and Envoy armors, but if a given player doesn’t enjoy raiding, then forcing him to raid to get those armors benefits no one, and it would be better for everyone involved if he had some alternate path.

Seriously, it’s a legendary. It’s supposed to be hard, deal with it. I’ll prolly never raid, so I won’t get it, too bad.

I hope only people who work hard for a piece of legendary armour/weapons get them. They aren’t supposed to be handed to you on a silver platter. You should go out and actively work for them.

Yeah, and again nobody is asking for an easier option. It should still take time and effort (but if so I’d like to get started on that time and effort now rather than months down the road), just time and effort spent OUTSIDE of raids.

done by now.”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

As someone who cant do the raids(age,disability’s etc)i just hope the 35k gold i got from gem purchases is enough to buy 125 insights i still need and finish this armour.Was it set at 150 to make it very costly for people like me? buying runs is a long standing tradition in guild wars,and like it or not it is allowed and was going to be used by some to get this armour.

35k gold should be more than plenty
If you find a guild which accepts you as their regular buyer you can probably get 150 LI for 15000 gold or less.

Buying raid runs is a perfectly viable option to get this set of legendary armor without needing to play any raid stuff yourself. So everyone who prefers farming open world over this should farm the gold and buy the runs instead of complaining.

Yeah, and again nobody is asking for an easier option. It should still take time and effort (but if so I’d like to get started on that time and effort now rather than months down the road), just time and effort spent OUTSIDE of raids.

Dont make me laugh. There is nothing comparable in difficulty to raids inm GW2, so this is not possible. Farm gold and buy raid runs if you really have to have this armor.
If you think it is possible to make it equally difficult with other content currently available in the game, I am waiting to hear your suggestions to rip them apart.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

danielrjones.8759

@ Ohoni

Reason I’m responding is you empathized the word hate. There is very little I hate. Bigotry, racism, bad fish and my noisy neighbor yeah, but a game naw. If they did something to raids I I didn’t like I simply wouldn’t play it.

I do very much enjoy raiding but it’s not just raiding it’s the team as well. Loved learning and growing and getting better as we progressed. For me the later is more important. I don’t believe there is any content that can’t be overcome with perseverance. Finding a good group to persevere with, now that can be a little tough sometimes.

I haven’t figured out how someone would know what they are missing if they never tried. But I guess it can be like I’ve never been in a minefield but I’m certain I wouldn’t like it.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Dont make me laugh. There is nothing comparable in difficulty to raids inm GW2, so this is not possible. Farm gold and buy raid runs if you really have to have this armor.
If you think it is possible to make it equally difficult with other content currently available in the game, I am waiting to hear your suggestions to rip them apart.

PvP. Oh, sorry, I forgot that you bought boost to legendary from you emerald pit and never seen anything competitive.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Not a lot of listings nowadays on lfg selling raid runs,but if anyone knows anyone then i got alot of gold and am in need of 125 insights.As i have said i cant raid(age,disability’s ect) but have spent a lot of real money so i can get this Armour.
gold is all legit got through gems to gold.

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

AndrewMcleod, Inquiring minds wish to know if legendary armor will require a Gift of the Maguuma per piece or per armor set? So, will we need 6 Gifts of the Maguuma for the full set of legendary armor? Or will it be one of the Gift of the Fleet, Tarir, Chak, or Jungle per piece with a possible two more gifts for map completion being added with LS3?

Malediktus.9250

PvP. Oh, sorry, I forgot that you bought boost to legendary from you emerald pit and never seen anything competitive.

PvP is not a stable difficulty since it is player generated content. The players play differently all the time, get carried or bribe people to let them win. It would very hard for Anet to predict the difficulty for it.
So unless you require ESL/Pro League matches I do not see how it can be equal difficulty.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

PvP is not a stable difficulty since it is player generated content. The players play differently all the time, get carried or bribe people to let them win. It would very hard for Anet to predict the difficulty for it.
So unless you require ESL/Pro League matches I do not see how it can be equal difficulty.

Ofc it’s not equal, because it’s harder. Fighting scripts cannot be harder than fighting alive players by definition.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Malediktus.9250

Ofc it’s not equal, because it’s harder. Fighting scripts cannot be harder than fighting alive players by definition.

That is debateable. Even in diamond I meet lots of brainless players which might as well be replaced by bots.

Ohoni.6057

You say you think it’s important that there not be “easier” options, and yet out of the other side of your mouth suggest people should buy runs, which is the easiest thing of all. This should be the new dictionary example for “hypocrisy,” but I think it would lose most people.

You can argue that nothing is as hard as raids, and maybe for you that’s true, but they can at least balance that out by requiring a larger amount of effort and participation. If you think it’s fine for people to farm for gold to earn the armor then you should be fine with them just doing the activities that they would farm for gold to earn it that way. To paraphrase the old joke, “we’ve already determined what type of person you are, now we’re just negotiating the price.”

I haven’t figured out how someone would know what they are missing if they never tried. But I guess it can be like I’ve never been in a minefield but I’m certain I wouldn’t like it.

Exactly. Comparative experience. You don’t have to touch every glowing stove-top to know that it is likely hot and unpleasant. I have played the GW2 raids a bit, and I wouldn’t mind if they wanted to get every player to at least TRY the raids, to see if they are for them, but I know for a fact that the raids are not for me in their current form, and I at least strongly suspected that going in, having engaged in raids and raidlike content in previous games.

GW2 raids are different in some ways, but they are the same in the fundamental areas I dislike, such as spending large amounts of time waiting around for the rest of the party to get their kitten together, playing the game for a brief spurt, and then repeating. such as doing whatever I was supposed to do perfectly well, but still failing because some other player screwed up. Such as me screwing up, and feeling bad because everyone else has to redo it because of that. I do not like any of these factors, so no game type that includes them is something I would EVER enjoy.

If you can provide me a raiding experience that lacks any of those factors, one where I don’t have to waste any significant time waiting for a party to get ready to go, one where failures on the part of other players are unlikely to ruin the attempt, and one where failures on my part are also unlikely to ruin the attempt, then I might enjoy that, but if not, please don’t try to convince me that raiding is something I could ever come to enjoy, it’s just not happening.

done by now.”

danielrjones.8759

You say you think it’s important that there not be “easier” options, and yet out of the other side of your mouth suggest people should buy runs, which is the easiest thing of all. This should be the new dictionary example for “hypocrisy,” but I think it would lose most people.

Well snap… this is true.

If you can provide me a raiding experience that lacks any of those factors, one where I don’t have to waste any significant time waiting for a party to get ready to go, one where failures on the part of other players are unlikely to ruin the attempt, and one where failures on my part are also unlikely to ruin the attempt, then I might enjoy that, but if not, please don’t try to convince me that raiding is something I could ever come to enjoy, it’s just not happening.

I reread my post. Not sure where you got how I was trying to convince you of anything. I merely stated my experience and my lack of understanding why some are so against raiding.

As far as no wait time, that’s an easy one. Have a set time with your team. Been doing that for months. At the very most we might have 5 min wait time.
Having some people screw up causing a fail? We’re not qT if more than a cpl of us go down halfway through good chances we will fail. Such is life, live and learn.

Trying to convince you? I didn’t know you existed until today so…. don’t think I’m trying to convince you of anything. Just like others here we all have our opinions are are free to post them.

Ohoni.6057

I reread my post. Not sure where you got how I was trying to convince you of anything. I merely stated my experience and my lack of understanding why some are so against raiding.

Well, there you have it then. “Different tastes,” would be your answer, primarily.

1. There are people who have less time to give up to “standing around while other players show up, get replaced, change gear, relearn strategies, etc.” between attempts.

2. There are people who feel strong personal responsibility for wasting others time, and thus feel particularly bad when their actions could lead to a wipe, no matter how nice everyone else may be about it.

3. There are people who strongly dislike seeing their own efforts squandered, when they feel they are absolutely nailing what they are supposed to be doing, but then the entire thing collapses anyway because someone else messed up (even if they aren’t jerks about it, they still feel it).

4. There are people who internalize failure far more strongly than success. To some people, failing something nine times and then succeeding on the tenth feels great, the failures sort of psyche them up and the success is a massive release that washes away all the frustration. To others, the opposite is true, even if they do succeed on the tenth, it’s just a tiny highlight in an otherwise miserable experience. Even if the players eventually “git good” and clear the content, they will never view it as an overall positive gaming experience, which is an outcome that the developers should seek to avoid.

These are not things that can be “fixed” or made different, these are core elements of people’s personalities. While some people seem to really enjoy raids for what they are, everyone needs to accept that there are some people (apparently the overwhelming majority of players, actually) that are just wired differently, and will never enjoy that experience. The game cannot at any point revolve entirely around the desires of those who enjoy raiding, the same story content and rewards need to be made available to the rest of the players as well.

done by now.”

Posted by: dertingel.1730

dertingel.1730

Legendary armor for non raiders…you had 9months since HoT release. No infos until now.
You force players to play raids, but a huge chunk of GW2 players play this game, because it was different to other mmos with their raid endgame.
Do you have any plans for non raiders to get a legendary armor? Or do you stick with this stupid idea to link the legendary armor with the raid? You know, lots of headstart GW2 player waited 3years for a legendary armor.
If i want to play raids, then i definitely wont play raids in GW2. There are tons of other MMO´s, with more and better raid content.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Do you have any plans for non raiders to get a legendary armor? Or do you stick with this stupid idea to link the legendary armor with the raid?

It seems their plan is to stick with the stupid idea. It is sad how many people I know who have left the game due to a lack of PvE content. If you don’t like to raid, you’ve had nothing to do since you got bored of HoT.

danielrjones.8759

Well, there you have it then. “Different tastes,” would be your answer, primarily.

1. There are people who have less time to give up to “standing around while other players show up, get replaced, change gear, relearn strategies, etc.” between attempts.

2. There are people who feel strong personal responsibility for wasting others time, and thus feel particularly bad when their actions could lead to a wipe, no matter how nice everyone else may be about it.

3. There are people who strongly dislike seeing their own efforts squandered, when they feel they are absolutely nailing what they are supposed to be doing, but then the entire thing collapses anyway because someone else messed up (even if they aren’t jerks about it, they still feel it).

4. There are people who internalize failure far more strongly than success. To some people, failing something nine times and then succeeding on the tenth feels great, the failures sort of psyche them up and the success is a massive release that washes away all the frustration. To others, the opposite is true, even if they do succeed on the tenth, it’s just a tiny highlight in an otherwise miserable experience. Even if the players eventually “git good” and clear the content, they will never view it as an overall positive gaming experience, which is an outcome that the developers should seek to avoid.

These are not things that can be “fixed” or made different, these are core elements of people’s personalities. While some people seem to really enjoy raids for what they are, everyone needs to accept that there are some people (apparently the overwhelming majority of players, actually) that are just wired differently, and will never enjoy that experience. The game cannot at any point revolve entirely around the desires of those who enjoy raiding, the same story content and rewards need to be made available to the rest of the players as well.

Ok different taste it is and totally understandable. Just because I don’t understand why someone doesn’t like something doesn’t mean I disbelieve them. I’ve never understood why my wife doesn’t like vanilla ice cream. She hates it. I don’t know why but I know its true. So I get what you’re saying.

Some of the problems I have, we see how there are those who complain about raids when in fact it’s really not the raid or content they are upset about, It’s more about time issues, personality conflicts, elitist attitudes and a host of other reasons. Well imo don’t blame the freaking content blame the people. Then they complain in such a manner they expect Anet to pull out some magic wand that will force everyone else to acquiesce to the complainers will.

Now if the reason is simply have no desire. I get that. Heck there are things in the game a lot of people do that I have no desire to do.

You did make one comment earlier I thought. Regarding hypocrisy, on one hand we say if you want legendary armor earn it. Then on the other hand we say, well you can pay people to run raids for it. Because I believe a lot of people who are against others getting legendary armor without raiding would be more than happy to take their gold in exchange for the armor. aka paying for runs. Ouch you owned us on that one.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Obtena.7952

Yes becouse it can totaly not be used anywere else then in said raid right? hear that anet lock the legendary stat swapping and skins inside raids it wont be able to be shown or used outside of it.

The question isn’t if it CAN be used outside raids. The question is why would anyone want to? The arguments here are exactly the same as legendary weapons. The ONLY reason to use a Legendary weapon vs. it’s Ascended cousin is the skin because stat swapping is of highly questionable value outside of raids for an extremely high increase in cost relative to Ascended.

So unless the skin absolutely blows you away with how amazing it is compared to the dozens of armor skin choices that already exist, my question stands …

Yes, that’s a good question. Why do they want it, and why can’t they get it?

Um, they CAN absolutely get it, they just choose not to. Everyone has equal access to raids. We have already dismissed this absolutely ridiculous argument that people who want Legendary Armor should be able to get it outside of raiding because they aren’t willing to do the raid. That’s just … crap.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Astralporing.1957

Um, they CAN absolutely get it, they just choose not to. Everyone has equal access to raids.

That’s actually, objectively not true. Not even if by “equal access” you consider just being able to get into raid instance even with 0% chance of actually finishing it.

We have already dismissed this absolutely ridiculous argument that people who want Legendary Armor should be able to get it outside of raiding because they aren’t willing to do the raid.

Yes, i know you have dismissed it. It doesn’t make it ridiculous though. Just something that you, personally dislike.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

The question isn’t if it CAN be used outside raids. The question is why would anyone want to? The arguments here are exactly the same as legendary weapons. The ONLY reason to use a Legendary weapon vs. it’s Ascended cousin is the skin because stat swapping is of highly questionable value outside of raids for an extremely high increase in cost relative to Ascended.

So unless the skin absolutely blows you away with how amazing it is compared to the dozens of armor skin choices that already exist, my question stands …

Yes, that’s a good question. Why do they want it, and why can’t they get it?

Um, they CAN absolutely get it, they just choose not to. Everyone has equal access to raids. We have already dismissed this absolutely ridiculous argument that people who want Legendary Armor should be able to get it outside of raiding because they aren’t willing to do the raid. That’s just … crap.

Who would use the stat swap mechanic on armor?
The casual players ofcourse becouse they dont care that ooooh its not optimal since I cant switch runes.
And thats the total opposite to the people who do raid aint it?
You have to have this armor with these runes, run this rotation and have this specific build or we wont run with you.

So again who would benefit more from legendary armor? Keep the kitten ed skin and let me get the rest on a invisible item for all I care

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

They can’t make the Legendary armor available outside of raids. Even less people would raid at that point.

I think I’d have put Legendary armor acquired via a similar method as weapons but made Raid Armor Skins, Fractal Armor skins just like the dungeon and karma sets etc.

The other way I would have done it is made it acquirable via multiple methods: WvW, PvP, PvE etc.

Doesn’t matter though as it’s not even acquirable 6+ months after the x-pac release. Heck, we don’t even know what it looks like yet.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Astralporing.1957

They can’t make the Legendary armor available outside of raids. Even less people would raid at that point.

Is the legendary armor the only reason people raid, then?

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Because its the best armor in the game, to show off in LA, to not die in Hot and to do something other than stand in LA everykitten

, they CAN absolutely get it, they just choose not to. Everyone has equal access to raids.

With the current elitist attitude to gearing up.. no, many do not have access to the Raids, no one would add me to a raid in full exotics, even if i can pass it which i most likely cannot (i have trouble with the level 7 Fractals) so raids no i’d have zero chance at that content..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Oolune.4357

(snip)

Little Veruca Salt. “I want THAT one.” The only one with an entitlement complex here is you. There should be legendary armors for various content. They should not look the same.

But then, seeing as you are of the opinion that anyone who won’t see your way is stuck in theit own “conflicting thoughts,” it is obvious that you are not the type of person who tries to see things from multiple perspectives.

Is the legendary armor the only reason people raid, then?

Being deliberately obtuse does not assist your point. Why do we have any rewards for any content at all? Why have Pvp tracks, are they the only reason people PvP? Why have dungeon-specific armor sets? Are they the only reason people run dungeons?

Why have any rewards ever at all? Goals to work hard toward are a key part of designing content. It gives people the motivation to grind something they have already done, which in turn makes it so those who have not done it are able to find a group. It does not mean they do not enjoy the content. It does not meant they are not having fun while repeating the content. But it gives them a compelling reason to do it over rather than moving on to another game with fresh content. People enjoy new content, but they also enjoy working toward a hard to reach goal.

People also choose the path of least resistance toward their goal. So if you make every armor skin available in any content, people are going to use the easiest content to obtain what they want even if they enjoy the other more, most times, and in turn those who enjoy one content will find it harder to find groups as the people specifically working toward that other goal are mostly choosing to take an easier path.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Oolune.4357)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Dont make me laugh. There is nothing comparable in difficulty to raids in GW2

LOFL… if you think fighting NPC’s is more challenging than fighting other players. And “raiders” think we’re the ones with the attitude problem and are “entitled”???

I’m going to enlightened some of you by saying that not everyone cares about vanity. I want the Legendary Armor only for it’s stats and the capacity to swap them. Everything about it for me is function over form. Just like I have “the Ascension” and never have the back piece visible. I couldn’t care less about the skin or if you know that I PvP’d or not, I want the function of it, period.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Well, I have all the money to instantly craft the whole set, but now need to wait who knows how long for the last collection… :/