Legendary Bows....

Legendary Bows....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Is pontificating the new trolling? It seems we can’t dance across tornadoes without getting sucked in every so often.

I support rugged or intimidating legendaries. Everyone needs something that suits their preferences even if it isn’t my preference.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Also I realize that you picked up on something because you’re being extra sensitive due to your previous situation and while not always possible, please try to leave your baggage at the door in discussions. The irony of this situation is that you’re telling me not to read too much into what he said at the same time reading too much into what I said. :P

Previous situation? About the joke?

No, it didn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s just an example, because we are not communicating face to face the information conveyed by body language and voice is missing, so it’s easy to misinterpret what is being said. That’s why you need to be willing to let things go. When someone says he’s not insecure then assume that he means it…

Looks liker we’re breaking down in conversation here. What I can draw on from your last post that we’ve been discussing about nothing really and just supplementing a discussion based on well.. nothing. I stand by my original post then. There is nothing embarrassing about the skins just a difference of tastes.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I support rugged or intimidating legendaries. Everyone needs something that suits their preferences even if it isn’t my preference.

I’m sure there will be new Legendaries but it will take time to develop them, and releasing them half-done and touching them up later is not an option.

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Looks liker we’re breaking down in conversation here. What I can draw on from your last post that we’ve been discussing about nothing really and just supplementing a discussion based on well.. nothing. I stand by my original post then. There is nothing embarrassing about the skins just a difference of tastes.

I agree that there’s nothing wrong with any of the skins.

The only point I wanted to make was that when communicating through these forums we cannot convey the same information that we can when speaking face to face. Several people seemed to have jumped on one person for saying the Dreamer wasn’t manly enough for him. I saw it as a joke, others saw it as an insult. He followed up by saying he wasn’t serious, so we have to assume he wasn’t serious.

I have nothing against you, yours just happened to be the longest rant about it. It’s an issue that has been a concern for me, off and on, as long as I’ve been on the internet, almost 20 years now, and it’s not going away any time soon.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I’m sorry,but i would be embarrassed to shoot a bow that had unicorns and rainbows coming out of it,guess its fine for the hello kitty set..but my ranger don’t shoot unicorns

doesn’t sound too insecure to me. …

I bolded the part for you where they show their insecurity. Why be embarrassed? Just say it’s silly and request a less sillier skin. Why go into “being embarrassed” as if it’s shameful to like that? What exactly is so embarrassing about it? Nothing it’s just a preference of tastes. No need to indirectly insult those who do like those for whatever reason just because they are of a different opinion.

+1, I concur. I want a more MANLY Legendary Bow please.

I’m a girl and they’re too girly for me! I guess they are just trying to appeal to the female player base perhaps?

You two are a problem that isn’t helping to the gaming community nor to developers/artists. Let me ask you something… what makes something manly or girly? Is it because it’s flowers/ponies? Is it because it’s pink/purple? Why can’t a guy like those things? I mean pink was a boy’s color way before our culture thought of it for a women and purple was a color for the rich/royalty. Nature is not exclusive to women either and why can’t guys be considered nurturing if that’s what you’re trying to imply?

Basically what I am saying is that using those terms ‘manly’ and ‘girlie’ doesn’t do anyone any good or help to create more diverse skins that more people will like. So far the steampunk & crossbow suggestions have been the only ones that give Anet some semblance about what to they should be working on making. So as a caution for the future, not just in this case, try to stay away from creating gender stereotypes as that doesn’t help anyone, least of all you.

That being said, I like both skins for their own reasons BUT I’d love to see more variations overall to all skins (except GS those have more than enough). I really love the idea of a steam punk compact bow for a long bow and the crossbow for a short bow. They could really incorporate some Charr culture into them with their design and style. Or they could for more futuristic ancient technology that creates interesting juxtaposition.
[Edit] Perhaps I’m taking this a bit too seriously but when people throw out generics like that from an artistic standpoint all I can think of is.. “What then do you REALLY want because you’re not telling me anything useful.”

Even vegeta wears pink
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKdk2TvoCFosgt2mHOOkaeRo6NQkApBNDbijvh8wfITdZS4E4TJg
and there’s nothing unmanly about him

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’m female, and I don’t think the rainbows and unicorns fit in well with the GW2 universe. The effects seem very out of place. I like Kudzu, and it fits great with my Sylvari Ranger, but I use shortbow.

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

+1, I concur. I want a more MANLY Legendary Bow please.

so you want a bow that burps, farts and is a scratcher? ^..^

Would you settle for one that forgets to put the toilet seat down?

I always thought it was annoying has hell when girls forget to leave it up.

On the subject matter, I’d only consider going for a legendary with my main, a Ranger Long/Short Bow so yeah, that’s outta the question.

IDK what they where thinking, I mean forget about most MMO players being guys, I know girls (that play GW2) and wouldn’t come close to something like that, they are simply silly.
For a game that’s spouse to be for looks rather than stats that wasn’t a brilliant idea now was it? How many players did they think that would actually want something like that?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Legendary Bows....

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

I am sorry i started this argument..was not ment to go so far.Instead of unicorns how bout a dragon or even a centaur,or one of the many raptor birds around..I do play a Mesmer and butterflies to the face is pretty awesome,and they are in tyria.even the cutsie backpacks are in the game.Everyone has a preference on what shoots out of their weapon,i for one don’t like unicorns….now how bout a big hug