Legendary are already meaningless

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes it will be actually the most deserved legendaries xD

and also…. people get mad at legendaries at rewards…
but at first invitational 10k dollars was rewards…
means 2k per player which is ~10k gold

which is like 4 legendaries AND NOONE COMPLAINED????
AND WHY?
cause people are too stupid to think around the corner xD

but if anet rewards ONE legendary its NOT ACCEPTABLE

just lol

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

+1

The people whining is just a group of self-gratifying scrubs thinking the tourny will somehow ‘diminish’ their accomplishments. What they seem to miss are the scale of this tournament and the fact that while PvE has enjoyed steady feed of decent patches, all the while the PvP community has been majorly overlooked and drought of shinies.

The tournament is of such scale, that it should be the top pvpers not satisfied with the rewards being skins out of pve, rather than having a chance to get something truly unique and eye-catching. Yet ironically it’s the other way around.

To the people whining: stop, just stop. 5 Top brass pvpers getting a legendary will in no way invalidate your efforts. You are not special snowflakes, so stop acting like little miss princesses. The overall effort across the playtime made by the team winning the tournament is more than worth a single ‘legendary’.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Difference is if you buy legendary at TP someone worked on created it, but Anet will pull the 10 (5 NA, 5 EU) legendaries for this tourney out of thin air.
Anet should make a livestream where Anet employes grind out everything for these rewards. As it is now its just an extremly cheap way to hype pvp. Both gems and creating legendaries/precursors out of thin air costs them close to nothing (just the manpower to apply the stuff to the accounts)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The overall effort across the playtime made by the team winning the tournament is more than worth a single ‘legendary’.

If only I’d have been able to put the many, many hours it took to finish my legendaries doing things I 100% loved… which is exactly what will be true for the 10 winners.

(edit: I also love the tons of rudeness some of the pvp posters have been dishing out.. alluding that anyone who doesn’t full-time spvp and dares do other activities in PvE or WvW are somehow brainless idiots with zero gaming skills whatsoever. It wouldn’t surprise me if these same people have complained about the size of the pvp community or wondered why it’s so small. Gee.. I wonder why?)

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If you don’t think that winning (or finishing highly) in this coming tournament, especially considering the number of hours the winning team will put into this competition, isn’t going to take a lot of time and effort… there’s nothing I or anyone can tell you that you won’t dismiss either.

These rewards are perfectly acceptable, and I’d dare say long overdue for the PvP players. Stop whining.

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

The players? Yeah they deserve some shinies. But, I think this just puts a fresh coat of paint on a broken system. The meta is beyond silly levels of broken and basically all it’ll come down to is who can cheese the hardest. That’s not really skill, and it is all they have to work with, but it’s disappointing that instead of working hard to fix the meta it’s “Oooh look! Shinies!”

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

These rewards are perfectly acceptable, and I’d dare say long overdue for the PvP players. Stop whining.

Maybe stop being so rude? People offering criticism /= whining. Or maybe more people should visit the pvp forums and tell anyone offering criticism there about game modes, balance and whatnot to stop whining? Yeah.. didn’t think so…

Anyway, I very much agree that pvp needs better rewards. The precursor awards, gold, real life cash, gems are all well and good. What would have been even more awesome is a unique weapon skin for the winners. Something to actually set them apart. That would have been real prestige.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

sounds to me you never had a legendary in your hands, those who have one know the sensation, even if you shelled out 500 dollars for one, you know it’s worth it.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Purple SAB skins are more legendary than legendaries in their current state.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

sounds to me you never had a legendary in your hands, those who have one know the sensation, even if you shelled out 500 dollars for one, you know it’s worth it.

Lol oh good 500 for a game image. Tooooo funny. Wouldn’t Shell out a plastic penny for any of the legendarys.

Lol because it’s not criticism, people are whining about how after 1.5 years a few select spvp players will finally have earned the same legendary that it took pve players 6 months .

Of course we’d all like to see the winners get more epic custom weapons but looking at current progression of gem store items….. A karma weapon with added flame effect……. Doubt that’d thrill then

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Ritt.3069

The overall effort across the playtime made by the team winning the tournament is more than worth a single ‘legendary’.

If only I’d have been able to put the many, many hours it took to finish my legendaries doing things I 100% loved… which is exactly what will be true for the 10 winners.

(edit: I also love the tons of rudeness some of the pvp posters have been dishing out.. alluding that anyone who doesn’t full-time spvp and dares do other activities in PvE or WvW are somehow brainless idiots with zero gaming skills whatsoever. It wouldn’t surprise me if these same people have complained about the size of the pvp community or wondered why it’s so small. Gee.. I wonder why?)

I apologise if I sounded rude, I am just a bit flustered with people attacking the pvp community, which as said, has been majorly overlooked for a long long time. It is only just, that the pvpers actually get a chance for something of real value once in a while, even if it should rather be something unique and exclusive to winning the tournament.

It may be true that the top teams have spent tons of hours playing the game mode they enjoyed, but it was a decision they made even though anet showed no sign of ever rewarding that passion. I really think that kind of earnesty is worth of a reward.

The ‘value’ of a legendary is dependant on the individual. Even though a few people may get a different method from yours, it in no way diminishes the journey you had for yours. It’s still there. Most of the people seem to think this tournament is just a hand-out, worth less than thdir efforts, which it is not. In my opinion people ought to realize, that even if they did something in a different manner, it nay not be the only, orthodox way which makes every other method invalid and unjust. The people winning the tournament imo have well earned their prize, and more, but at least they get something for their efforts.

I apologise in case I sounded rude or antagonizing. I admit that there are sound arguments out there as well, but most I’ve read is just selfish griefing.

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

the fact is legendary weapons are easy to get now days just farm 20g a day (takes 3 hours a day average) and in 3 months you can craft one legendary (600 in month) that is pretty much common for most of the players in this game.
as matter of fact ive seen farmers making 60g a day through endless champion farming for boxes (add this to the fact that you can buy gem and convert to gold as well with only 10 euro) and they have multiple legendary weapons and funny thing is many of them get bored(because they got best of the best easy) after some time and they do not log on, THE IRONY IS IT IS BACK FIRES AT ANET.
ps: you can buy 2.5k gold from sellers with 150 euro(small amount for something you like people pay way more thatn that for stuff they like) and some people have second account for gold buying purpose only.
but in case of pvp, you have to win against some of the best players in the game and that is much more work and effort than brainless champ farming.

(edited by saye.9304)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

As long as gold sellers doesn’t get kicked from the game, getting a legendary will always be easy. I think crafting a legendary must require more in game effort. Ability to buy one from tp(in 1 min) just ruins it. I am okay with gem to gold conversion btw, it’s hard to buy this way. I’m just against illegal gold sellers.

Pie Flavor.1647

Lol oh good 500 for a game image. Tooooo funny. Wouldn’t Shell out a plastic penny for any of the legendarys.

Lol because it’s not criticism, people are whining about how after 1.5 years a few select spvp players will finally have earned the same legendary that it took pve players 6 months .

Of course we’d all like to see the winners get more epic custom weapons but looking at current progression of gem store items….. A karma weapon with added flame effect……. Doubt that’d thrill then

so I see you actually never had a legendary in your hands. I normally don’t say this, but you must own one to actually know how much of a pain in the kitten they’re to get, and how much you must sacrifice to get one.

Those who have one know how to appreciate it. I’m not saying sPvP prize is not acceptable, I’m just saying legendaries are not meaningless, it’s just that you don’t have one that you think they’re meaningless.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

What puzzles me is that the sort of people who will win such a tournament most likely already have one or more than one legendary.

They probably regard such a prize as worthless.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

yes it will be actually the most deserved legendaries xD

and also…. people get mad at legendaries at rewards…
but at first invitational 10k dollars was rewards…
means 2k per player which is ~10k gold

which is like 4 legendaries AND NOONE COMPLAINED????
AND WHY?
cause people are too stupid to think around the corner xD

but if anet rewards ONE legendary its NOT ACCEPTABLE

just lol

can’t be said better

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Legendaries mean you’ve put a lot of time or money into the game, no more no less. Should they mean something else?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

chemiclord.3978

What puzzles me is that the sort of people who will win such a tournament most likely already have one or more than one legendary.

They probably regard such a prize as worthless.

Actually, they probably don’t.

Barring some shocking run from a “nobody”, the people who are going to win this tournament have spent their time pretty much doing nothing but PvP, which isn’t going to earn you much that can be put towards the legendary grind.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Back when I was in the guild OCD for a short time, I kittened someone off by telling them their multiple legendaries meant nothing to me because they were all ugly in my opinion when compared to the corrupted skins I used.

Needless to say their reaction was priceless.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Looks like you’re going to hate the next ready up then, they’ve already confirmed the announcement of how PvP players can obtain legendaries next week.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Why is your PvP legendary more deserving then mine? Just because you PvP all day doesn’t mean you’re better then me in any aspect. Just like you like to time grind your pvp, so do I like to time grind my pve experience.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Why is your PvP legendary more deserving then mine? Just because you PvP all day doesn’t mean you’re better then me in any aspect. Just like you like to time grind your pvp, so do I like to time grind my pve experience.

You can spend 10,000 hours in PvP and still be a terrible player. If you play PvP for thousands of hours and do nothing to improve yourself or challenge your skill level then you’re never going to win a tournament.

It is FAR easier to earn a Legendary in PVE than it is to win one in PVP. There’s only ONE team who will win legendaries while there are THOUSANDS of PvE players who obtained a legendary by simply grinding content over and over mindlessly.

If a BOT can grind mobs and earn gold, then buy a legendary with that GOLD then obtaining a legendary in PvE is skilless. Period.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

so I see you actually never had a legendary in your hands. I normally don’t say this, but you must own one to actually know how much of a pain in the kitten they’re to get, and how much you must sacrifice to get one.

Those who have one know how to appreciate it. I’m not saying sPvP prize is not acceptable, I’m just saying legendaries are not meaningless, it’s just that you don’t have one that you think they’re meaningless.

Lol you failed to make the connection with my signature.

Your right I guess I don’t the value you put into 1 legendary, I have the unfortunate business of owning 2, bolt ( lightning) and quip ( confetti). Both took less then a casual month each. ( before you try to pawn this off as some kitten flex it’s as far away from that as possible )

But your right, how could I be so naive. Players who played for 1.5 years deserve far less then the pvers who mindlessly spam 1.

At the end of the day though, the tourney is open to everyone. Grab 4 others and enter, should be a cakewalk compared to grinding right?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Purple SAB skins are more legendary than legendaries in their current state.

I fail to see how buying a P2W cash shop item and having a lot of free time is better than just having a lot of free time to grind.

The only truly legendary item in this game is the mini from the queens gauntlet.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

You can spend 10,000 hours in PvP and still be a terrible player. If you play PvP for thousands of hours and do nothing to improve yourself or challenge your skill level then you’re never going to win a tournament.

It is FAR easier to earn a Legendary in PVE than it is to win one in PVP. There’s only ONE team who will win legendaries while there are THOUSANDS of PvE players who obtained a legendary by simply grinding content over and over mindlessly.

If a BOT can grind mobs and earn gold, then buy a legendary with that GOLD then obtaining a legendary in PvE is skilless. Period.

Well Legendaries were never included in PvP so we’ll see how “hard” they’re gonna be obtained by all those Glory farmers who spent 10k HOURS grinding Skyhammer and call themselves PvPers now.
Just don’t devalue someone elses effort in making a Legendary because we are not in the same scene. My 6 months spent crafting Bifrost from scratches when the game was released was a huge effort then any of you PvPers will ever know.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Ritt.3069

Well Legendaries were never included in PvP so we’ll see how “hard” they’re gonna be obtained by all those Glory farmers who spent 10k HOURS grinding Skyhammer and call themselves PvPers now.
Just don’t devalue someone elses effort in making a Legendary because we are not in the same scene. My 6 months spent crafting Bifrost from scratches when the game was released was a huge effort then any of you PvPers will ever know.

Lol, what? The legendary will be earned by beating an international tournament (which, unlike your mindless farming, is a big deal), not with the glory hoarded by farmers. Besides, the people who hoard glory are usually bound to be terrible, and only tend to want the finishers to show off at wvw/pve. You can’t even call them pvpers. You do seem to have a twisted image of your average pvper.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Imo, the tournament prize will be the only well-earned legendary.

chemiclord.3978

Imo, the tournament prize will be the only well-earned legendary.

Has nothing to do with it being “well-earned” or not.

But their addition to a PvP tournament won’t make them any more or any less “meaningless.” It’s a cool reward for people who invested their time in the PvP section. That’s it. It won’t devalue anything on either side.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

bunch of kids….

I don’t have a legendary
I am not a spvp player

I DO think spvpers should win legendaries!!!
To this date, there was no reason why to play spvp. No real rewards… only some gems.

But when you win international championship in GW2 and win that lovely legendary weapon, now that’s an achievement.

Nobody takes your farmed/creditcarded shinies.
Don’t be jelly, spvpers should be able to get legendaries too.

Posted by: Ogcali.6108

Ogcali.6108

Oh quit whining and let people enjoy their legendaries.

Pie Flavor.1647

Oh quit whining and let people enjoy their legendaries.

exactly, most of the whining here is people not allowing others enjoy their legendaries only because someone else bought one for 3000g, as if that somehow makes them meaningless.

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Difference is if you buy legendary at TP someone worked on created it, but Anet will pull the 10 (5 NA, 5 EU) legendaries for this tourney out of thin air.
Anet should make a livestream where Anet employes grind out everything for these rewards. As it is now its just an extremly cheap way to hype pvp. Both gems and creating legendaries/precursors out of thin air costs them close to nothing (just the manpower to apply the stuff to the accounts)

Yes and where is similar possible rewards for PVE? Why does Anet favor PVP soo much? It is soo cheap for them to reward their players yet they do a horrible job at it. I think this is why they get soo much hate on the forums and it is all completely preventable!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, I bought my precursor, with gold I earned myself in the game (not bought).

My problem now is trying to find anyone who will take me to Arah. The only things I ever see in LFG are:

1) Speed run – Experts Only (please provide references and phone numbers)
2) Pay me 6 gold – at last boss (kek kek?)

Now, I figure I need to go maybe 8 times, assuming what I read was true, that you get 70 for the first run each day, and I only go once a day. And honestly? I’d maybe even consider paying someone 50 gold, but not someone I can’t trust, and certainly not someone that wants the gold up front.

So…not really sure where that leaves me.

Ritt.3069

Yes and where is similar possible rewards for PVE? Why does Anet favor PVP soo much? It is soo cheap for them to reward their players yet they do a horrible job at it. I think this is why they get soo much hate on the forums and it is all completely preventable!

Yes, anet does pamper the pvp community so much, as can be seen by the sheer amount of MASSSSIVE patches we get every month.The poor pve sods must feel so left out with how little they get.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

What I don’t understand is how it makes sense to give out a reward for a pvp tournament that cannot be used in pvp game play. If I were an spvp player who enjoys tournaments, I’d be all dubya tee eff right now.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I would not say that legendaries are inherently meaningless. They have as much meaning to the player who owns one as he/she invests it with.

That said, getting a legendary through PvE is a matter of time, not difficulty.

Winning a PvP tournament is a matter of difficulty.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Legendaries have never impressed me personally

I’ve never cared for them or made any effort to get one

Have it my way I would rename Legendary weapons to Epic Weapons
and add a new Weapon rank classed as Legendary and have them with uniqe skins

these Legendary weapons would be ultra rare drops and only obtainable via drops

Once Legendaries started showing up in game it was like oh wow nice

but as I knew back then everyone and I mean everyone would have them within a year
hell you cant run around a map without seeing 20 people with a legend anymore

calling them Legendary weapons is kind of stupid when nearly everyone has one lol

honestly They hold no unique value to me which is why I’ve not bothered going after one
My Mini Karka holds more Value to me than any legendary weapon would
because i’ve only ever seen one other person with one

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Good grief. People are acting like Anet is giving out thousands of legendaries for playing PvP. They are giving out what, 10 total? I don’t PvP but I think it is cool they are doing this. Good for the people that win one and I hope they enjoy it for their skilled PvP play.

The Burninator

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I think most people just want the legendary for the free stat switch on demand.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I think most people just want the legendary for the free stat switch on demand.

I still think they look cool, by and large. shrugs

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Yes, anet does pamper the pvp community so much, as can be seen by the sheer amount of MASSSSIVE patches we get every month.The poor pve sods must feel so left out with how little they get.

Well I can’t decide if all of that was sarcasm or not. There have been a number of patches…not every month…that affected PVE that was made to adjust PVP. I have a problem with that. It seems like proportionally less on the PVP people complain and they make changes. Largely PVE complaints seem to go ignored.

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Lol, what? The legendary will be earned by beating an international tournament (which, unlike your mindless farming, is a big deal), not with the glory hoarded by farmers. Besides, the people who hoard glory are usually bound to be terrible, and only tend to want the finishers to show off at wvw/pve. You can’t even call them pvpers. You do seem to have a twisted image of your average pvper.

I don’t specifically disagree with Legendaries being a tournament reward but your disrespectful counter seems to overlook a underlying major flaw in GW2. There is NO way to obtain Legendaries in PVE outside of farming! You can call people mindless but they don’t have a choice. Now Anet goes an adds a guaranteed way for PVP to get one. Ok so what about the same for PVE? RNG is destroying this game. I think this is why PVE people are so against this. Also the tournament allows them to choose ontop of all that. I think that is going to far. Their choices should be limited to the class and build they used in the tournament so if they have more like it in the future it will force the players to use other classes and other builds to get different Legendaries.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Hey, at least you’re earning your legendary when participating in the tourney. Unlike the other way of acquiring them where you do nothing but test your “legendary” patience by participating in endless grind and trying your luck in the Mystic Toilet.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Hey, at least you’re earning your legendary when participating in the tourney. Unlike the other way of acquiring them where you do nothing but test your “legendary” patience by participating in endless grind and trying your luck in the Mystic Toilet.

I’ve often wondered if Arenanet even understood the meaning of the word Legendary.

Dark Catalyst.1028

I’ve often wondered if Arenanet even understood the meaning of the word Legendary.

Apparently not. When I first heard of legendary weapons I wondered what interesting, yet challenging tasks I’d have to complete in order to earn one. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it was nothing but an exercise in tedium. Not even going to bother with one.

I wonder what horrors await once they release legendary armor and trinkets?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I agree. That is why I go after Fractal Weapons. Can’t buy em. Can’t get tokens for em. Have to do Fractals. Can’t sell em either. It’s a great system and one this game needs more of. Earnable rewards are a lost art in this age of F2P.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Dark Catalyst.1028

I agree. That is why I go after Fractal Weapons. Can’t buy em. Can’t get tokens for em. Have to do Fractals. Can’t sell em either. It’s a great system and one this game needs more of. Earnable rewards are a lost art in this age of F2P.

Well, when most of the game is so unrewarding and grindy, can you really blame people who would rather just buy whatever they can with real money so they could get to the part of the game they do enjoy? Though, personally, I see very little to enjoy unless you like to use Lion’s Arch as a cosplay chat room.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I don’t know what people’s problem is with this either though tbh

this tournament will not be around until the new update that is going to make a lot of current builds less effective anyway

new traits new sigil and rune reworks new mechanics

everyone is going to have to tweak their build before jumping back into a pvp match anyway

if anything the people who manage to create super effective new builds and win the tournament are deserving of getting this Legandary reward imo

a simple case of who can adapt to the changes and make the most of them the quickest and then have the skills to master these new builds asap

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

People need Jesus…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

As long Anet farm them or buy them from the market I dont see any harm having it as reward :P