Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Has anybody noticed how none of the people defending this because “it makes sense to focus on LS content” keep ignoring the fact that there are people developing a new expansion when they haven’t even finished this one that came out 6 months ago and are starting to cut features?

They prob care more about LS and the content in new expansions then about the terrible grind that these new legendaries are. I know I do.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

This is a complete joke and this game is going down the drain which is so frustrating for those of us who love it.

Can you at least drop all the diplomacy and be honest and upfront with us; are new legendary weapons cancelled completely? Can we expect to never see Anet deliver on this promise?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Has anybody noticed how none of the people defending this because “it makes sense to focus on LS content” keep ignoring the fact that there are people developing a new expansion when they haven’t even finished this one that came out 6 months ago and are starting to cut features?

That’s kind of not true. The april patch should be heavily dedicated on improving HoT’s content, and we know that most of the promised features are still coming, excluding legendary weapons.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Very mixed feelings on this.

On one hand… I almost couldn’t care less about legendaries. Way too much work and gold for me to devote myself to unless there’s an absolutely amazing skin that I just absolutely love (there hasn’t been one yet). So personally, this change is going to have next to no effect on me.

On the other hand, I can definitely sympathize with the great many people who DO like to focus on legendaries as an end-goal. And a full new set of legendaries was something that was advertised for HoT and the months following. Heck, I’m pretty sure the talk of new legendaries was the thing that hyped the crowd the most at the HoT announcement event (which I remember thinking was kind of silly, but to each their own). So to come out and say that they’re being put on hold “indefinitely”… that’s a big blow.

And honestly, I’m not sure exactly how much good pulling a whole 6 people is going to do towards living story / general development. If the expansion team is 70 people, I imagine (or I would hope, at least) the living story / general team is probably similar in number. So that’s, what? An extra 10%? I’m not really seeing that making a huge difference. I mean, every little bit helps, certainly, but I don’t really see it giving a really significant boost to the LS timetable or anything. Is that worth abandoning legendaries altogether? I know people have been getting pretty restless when it comes to the progress on the new legendaries (and I don’t really blame them, HoT came out months ago and we’re still another month away from getting just one more legendary) but I’m sure they’d prefer slow progress to none at all.

I’m almost tempted to say what a lot of people are saying and suggest pulling people from the gem store team instead, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t help, as the gem store is primarily just art assets, and I’m assuming the problem with the legends isn’t art assets but rather programming the “journey” part of it. The new legendaries are nice and flashy and all, but they certainly don’t seem so flashy that they take multiple times over compared to some of the more interesting gem store skins, so the actual programming, coming up with quest ideas, ect. seem the more likely culprit.

That being the case, I guess the issue isn’t just “Well, the 6 people won’t help LS that much” but rather also “The 6 people can’t handle it on their own, so its either pull them from legendaries and move them elsewhere or pull people from elsewhere and put them on legendaries to get them out in a more reasonable time”. Which does make it a bit of a stickier situation.

In the end, though, I think I do agree with the people who are suggesting pulling some from the expansion team and putting them on the legendary team instead rather than nixing legendaries altogether. Because in the end, the new legendaries were advertised with HoT, and I don’t feel its the best move to keep all your assets on expansion 2 when expansion 1 hasn’t yet delivered all its assets.

Any suggestions are likely a moot point now, though. Anet typically doesn’t tell us info like this unless its set in stone, already done, so… its probably not going to change now anyway.

I do for sure appreciate that they’re actually telling us this as opposed to just doing it behind the scenes and leaving everyone wondering “Where the heck are the legendaries?”.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

First I’d like to say thank you Mike, communication as a whole is appearing to get better since you’ve taken charge.

I’ve played GW and GW2 for quite some time now, and have always enjoyed the story, additional lore, and game in general. I’m very worried about the future of GW2 in its’ current state however. Content is thin, the grind is more than tiresome, WvW and PvP have their fair share of large issues, and in general there seems to be a lack of organization throughout. I sincerely hope you can change this, and I personally see you are trying. It’s a huge ladder to climb.

After reading through all 11 pages, and however much I’ve wanted to say “the game will die”, “they promised this and that”, “rabble rabble rabble”, one of the biggest things that bothers me and that I agree with is the fact there are 70 developers working on another expansion when there are plenty of issues with the core game/HoT. Sure we don’t have a clue as to what capabilities these developers have vs the legendary dev team, or what their assets are to the studio, but it does seem to be a rather poor decision to have the majority of the studio working on an expansion with so many problems afloat.

Good luck in all sincerity! I really hope things turn around, and I’m definitely looking forward to more story content. And also, please keep communicating like this and encourage your entire team to do so when they have the chance to.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

It’s disappointing, yes. I’m not a fan of many of the original legendaries and was eagerly waiting for the next set to be released. However, I understand the reasoning and agree it’s better to focus on the bigger picture and work on the LS.

Thank you for communicating, even when it’s bad news.

Tarnished Coast

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

That’s kind of not true. The april patch should be heavily dedicated on improving HoT’s content, and we know that most of the promised features are still coming, excluding legendary weapons.

“You hope”.

Keep in mind up until today we knew the second wave of legendary weapons would be released

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

We knew that new legys were coming as well.. Until today. We also knew fractal leadeeboards were coming.. Until they told us they canceled their development. We don’t know anything… We only know what the told us.. And honestly based on the past and based on what happened today, what they give us is not a “when its ready” but rather “if it’s ready”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

This thread made me login in the forums just to post my concern

Look all you ppl at arenanet, give us what you promised for this expansion alright, we waited i think about 9 months without any content updates before HOT alright. The legendary weapons was part of the package coming with HOT, i refuse to believe that 6 devs working on the legendary weapon was holding you guys back

First deliver what was promised for this expansion, then lets talk about the next expansion and the gemstore items

Provide LS, fix wvw, fix fractals , do the legendary weapons, backpiece , continue the story and for god sake bring back SAB

This is really a very bad decision and i don’t want such a trend to continue so stop it right here right now

Legendary weapons

cranos.5913

We knew that new legys were coming as well.. Until today. We also knew fractal leadeeboards were coming.. Until they told us they canceled their development. We don’t know anything… We only know what the told us.. And honestly based on the past and based on what happened today, what they give us is not a “when its ready” but rather “if it’s ready”

Please, everyone with a bit of common sense knew fractal leaderboards were never coming.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Well, yes, let’s wait for the blog posts related to the april’s patch, and see how it goes. Hopefully, they’ll be online in one or two weeks.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

I’m guessing most of the work comes from making the “journey” and not the actual skins since you guys pop them out every week it seems in the gem store. Why not just make the precursers drop from mobs/chests/mystic forge again and bring out the rest of the legendaries? Surely people would be much more happy with this. Go back and make the stupid waste of time precruser crafting when you’ve finished all the other projects you have going on.

Keep your people happy and they’ll take care of you. I literally have people in my guild quitting the game because of this. It feels like every decision you guys make, makes it more of a challenge for guild leaders. As a player I can say that I wouldn’t be playing this game anymore if not for my guild. Its time to take a look at how you guys are currently running things and make improvements. Honestly I could see spending $5-$10 a month for a sub if you guys got it together. You cant make empty promises though. That’s not taking care of your people. That’s not leadership.

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

MOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS TO ALREADY BOUGHT CONTENT AND FINISH IT BEFORE STARTING NEW PROJECTS.

Maybe I’ll tell my clients that I took on too many websites and my time will be better spent working on another clients print design so I will not be working on their projects for an indefinite amount of time.

No I noticed, but what you may not be aware of is that many developers are “contracted” for certain work. To move them or change what they were contracted to do could be a breech of contract.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Honestly while delays are never ideal, as long as they are only delays I’d actually be happy with the decision… the core game is suffering and needs all the help it can get, but unfortunately the impression I get from the opening post is that these are not merely delays and that the developement of new legendaries are just being completely cancelled. Gone for good. Can we get some reassurance this is not actually the case or some honesty that it is?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Elku.6429

Elku.6429

How is this legal? As part of the product sold, you agreed to provide us with 15 legendary weapons over the course of the expansion, you can’t renege on that.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

How is this legal? As part of the product sold, you agreed to provide us with 15 legendary weapons over the course of the expansion, you can’t renege on that.

One: they never promised we’d definitely have all of the legendaries within a set time frame.
Two: it’s not illegal at all because it’s their property, and there’s probably even a part of the ToS we signed that explains how any and all information given is subject to change at the will of the company.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

I’m sure the release rate of gem shop skins will also be cut back as more resources are put into the Living World.

Everyone try to keep a straight face now.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

They prob care more about LS and the content in new expansions then about the terrible grind that these new legendaries are. I know I do.

Pretty much this.

Also, while I initially started out sympathetic to the people upset over this info I’m finding myself less so the more some of these criticisms devolve in to tantrums. People can express their disapproval without sounding like that awkward child that’s always screaming in the toy aisle. Keep it classy and some people are. Pretty soon I’m going to have to change in my signature which meltdown I survived. If I survive this one.

How is this legal?.

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

I believe in quality over quantity. However the legendary weapon being delayed is only part of the problem. It would be nice to have better transparency with all of the content being in the works for years on end. Some of us are still waiting for SAB, Queen’s Gauntlet, Labyrinthine Cliffs, Dragon Bash, Season 1 Living World, tribal armor (& other former PvP exclusive armor sets), female animation fix, and other things to return to the game. Before you came in as temporary director the only thing we heard was ……… “Nothing is off the Table.” For years on end it just built our cynicism up.

Fractal leaderboards should have never been in development long . That was a blatant waste of time and effort. Since the 2013 Fractured update we had our progress reset in fractals, because of this never appearing in game system. We were kept in the dark about it for years Mike.

WvW had it’s problems starting with the “Ruins of Power” in the old alpine borderlands. People hated the idea of this being a feature; even before it came in. Yet it pushed in by the lead WvW developer. This same ideology shaped the development of both Edge of the Mists and Desert Borderlands. Now look at WvW and tell me no one saw the poor state it’s in now (from a mile away).

I could even go into a long rant about how they handled the lore/story since the launch of the game. Even HoT story was rushed. According to writers saying “something had to be sacrificed for the good of the gameplay.” Yet these were the same people hyping up story elements that really did not matter at all in the expansion. The Nightmare Courts major role being gutted out, and defeating Mordremoth by mindscaping at the last minute are perfect examples of this. The only silver lining so far has been Raid content. With season 2 trailing a bit behind, because a lot of those plot points were dropped in the expansion.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

MOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS TO ALREADY BOUGHT CONTENT AND FINISH IT BEFORE STARTING NEW PROJECTS.

Maybe I’ll tell my clients that I took on too many websites and my time will be better spent working on another clients print design so I will not be working on their projects for an indefinite amount of time.

No I noticed, but what you may not be aware of is that many developers are “contracted” for certain work. To move them or change what they were contracted to do could be a breech of contract.

Aside from the expansion thing though, they do have a separate float team of 30 people.

Also, gonna reiterate from my earlier post. As someone who is primarily looking forward to LS3 and was looking for news updates on the release; this is a decision made in behalf of “my” demographic of the fanbase, and I still don’t want it and think its a terrible idea.

I want to be able to go back to advocating this game I love so much, but I can’t do that with any sincerity or integrity based on this decision.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Well, as a Thief main, i’m happy, i got a serious pistol and this sounds like a serious shortbow. And i’ll have a few years to get ready for the new dagger apparently haha

but overall this decision sucks, I’m just trying to look on the bright side of things. sigh

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

While I don’t care one bit about legendary weapons I do wonder about what sort of economic impacts this will have in the long term.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Asazi.7561

Asazi.7561

Depending on where you live it may actually be illegal. Look into the laws of your country. 16 new legendary weapons released at a steady pace were a selling point of HoT. Deciding not to make them after people have bought the expansion is not okay.

Where it was advertised
https://web.archive.org/web/20160325225641/https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/
“we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

I am hugely disappointed with this new since I love collecting legendary weapons. I have 20 currently, though this along with other decisions that have been made have caused me to spend almost zero time in the game. While i understand that decisions have to be made, I also understand my time is valuable an I will spend it where i have the most fun which is elsewhere.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

This is not okay, especially considering people don’t want LS3 in the same format. Gw2 has no new content and the content team should go in its original direction.

The only good news is that they released staff and pistol in the first group; staff is used by almost every profession and I use staff and p/p on my Daredevil. Warriors are basically the only ones missing out.

On the side of the marketing team, they’re doing terrible. Most of the content on the gem store It is very good that they aren’t moneygrubbing, but they’re trying so hard to avoid that that none of the items on the gem store released in the past year are worth buying. Nothing good for convenience or utility. If there is any, it’s nerfed so hard that it is not worth the purchase price and that I would rather spend my real money on another video game’s MTX.

I have also suggested Guild Wars 2 to about 50 friends, because it is the best MMORPG on the market. Thirty bought the game, ten dropped it, and ten said they won’t buy it unless it’s on Steam. Who cares if Valve takes 30% smh tbh fam; you’re losing sales and your marketing is bad. Now that Guild Wars 2 is free-to-play, it is even easier to put Gw2 on Steam because you can make it free. That way people who already own the game can still use the Steam version, unlike the original Guild Wars. Free, and then you upgrade your account and link it with Steam. Valve and ArenaNet were like best buds, man. Free-to-play games are wildly more successful on Steam, and you don’t want EVE Online to have more subscribers than Gw2 just because it’s on Steam! Foreigners and all kinds of poor people install every free-to-play game on Steam, and that’s what earns Gw2 ez players. I can’t move to seattle to make this happen pls why do you hate money

tl;dr The marketing and content teams. We’ve had issues with these teams at previous events. Some Arenanet people lobbied to bring them back for 2016, feeling that they deserved another chance. That was a mistake. These teams are stupid, and we won’t be working with him again.

Even though Guild Wars 2 is currently the best MMO, I will not be buying the next expansion unless there is enough content that I go from 16k AP to 19k AP by the time MapleStory 2 comes out in North America. Both technically ncsoft, so the money all goes to the same place k e k

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

(edited by Cronos.6532)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Aside from the expansion thing though, they do have a separate float team of 30 people.

Also, gonna reiterate from my earlier post. As someone who is primarily looking forward to LS3 and was looking for news updates on the release; this is a decision made in behalf of “my” demographic of the fanbase, and I still don’t want it and think its a terrible idea.

I want to be able to go back to advocating this game I love so much, but I can’t do that with any sincerity or integrity based on this decision.

I respect that though I feel they are headed in the right direction. I hope that they will be able to get to a place where they can pick it up once again for those of you that were looking forward to the legendaries.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I absolutely support this. Bring us more meaningful content that we can actually play over simply item skins that are just gold sinks.
I would rather have a new dungeon or new LS event or a new Story mission then a legendary which is just a stat swapper and that’s it.
This game has loads of weapon skins as it is, I think Legendaries can wait.
We need more playable content above all.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Pretty much this.

Also, while I initially started out sympathetic to the people upset over this info I’m finding myself less so the more some of these criticisms devolve in to tantrums. People can express their disapproval without sounding like that awkward child that’s always screaming in the toy aisle. Keep it classy and some people are. Pretty soon I’m going to have to change in my signature which meltdown I survived. If I survive this one.

How is this legal?.

Eh, I don’t know, I still think the Ascended gear introduction was still the worse. But yes, lets try to show our displeasure in a better manner

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

What’s really wrong with legendaries? It’s pretty safe to assume that they appeal to less than 10%, but is that it? Precursor crafting was pushed back for years, only to now push back the legendaries themselves.

SAB will be the next victim.

It already was. SAB originally began as an experiment. It didn’t quite fit into the game, so they released it under the disguise of a joke. It gained an unexpected popularity and as a result, W2 was created. W2 however saw poor results with people complaining of its difficulty and length. With the decline in popularity, the SAB team was moved on to other projects. As said back then, Mo loves numbers. If the numbers aren’t there, resources are shifted elsewhere.

Considering things, I wouldn’t be surprised to see SAB return for April 1st.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

It’s not canceled, just delayed.

Just like SAB.

After all, nothing is ever off the table. It just never leaves the table, either.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

You don’t build sustainability for the game by misleading your customers. If your focus is truly sustainability, you need to build a bond of trust between you and your customers. You are ditching legendary weapons because you are “spread too thin” yet you have 70 employees working on a new expansion. ARE YOU SERIOUS????

Deliver on your hype. Quit misleading your customers.

Yeap. This whole angry mob thing really isn’t about 10 more weapon skins. It’s about how BAD of a business ethic Anet has going on at the moment.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: The Zealous Templar.3861

The Zealous Templar.3861

Thanks for letting us know and although it doesn’t affect me as I was never going for any of the new legendaries I’m sure a lot of people were really looking forward to them as it is one the game’s true end-game goals so there’s obviously going to be a lot of resentment on here. One improvement for next time I would say is this; if you give each class one more weapon as part of their elite specialization and hype that up considerably and balance those weapon’s skills to be highly competitive making them see a great deal of use, make sure that those are the ones that you design the first new legendaries for. I guarantee you that you’d have had a lot more people trying to make the 2nd gen legendaries if you did this and maybe then you wouldn’t feel the need to indefinitely delay the others due to low player involvement (and even if you did, a much bigger chunk of the playerbase would have been satisfied already!)

Anyway, I’m still looking forward to any upcoming fractal changes and the backpiece so hope to hear soon about progress on that!

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

I’m mostly left confused.
Im not really upset… i understand important decisions and all. But im a bit confused as to how it takes a 6 man team half a year to make one legendary. Given three of them shipped with HoT, did you have 18 people working for the half year leading up just for those three legendary weapons? And… if so, when the team was reduced to 6, why didnt we hear anything? It sounds like this was a decision one could have seen coming a long time ago, because in this timeframe i’m not sure how anyone working on it could’ve expected to have the full set out in the timeframe i assume it was clear most people expected them to be, i.e. sets of three every few months.

If you would like some clarification, I’m sure Mo has one about the 70 people working on the next expansion when they’re spread so thin (while original promises were not being kept).

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

I just want to add the worst of this is they’d rather cancel content promised than take 6 developers off their 70man team for the next xpac to finish what they started and promised, what a joke.

Yeap. Bad business decisions when you opt to not fulfill promises that were made when getting people to buy HoT.

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

4/16 legendaries in 1 expansion. 3 more expansions to go.
Seriously, I paid for an unfinished product and you said you would finish it, instead I see you releasing new gem store items every 2 weeks (gliders, outfits ….). Now you tell me that you won’t finish (at least in a reasonable amount of time) what you promised to deliver.

Yea, anet needs to know that even though not everyone wants to make their new legendaries, they need to finished the products that they advertised and took money for. THAT I really care about.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Prisms.6012

Prisms.6012

I am the type of person who likes to look at both sides before i truly give my opinion. I am not what I like to call a “Legendary kitten”, meaning someone that has to make alot or OMG it drives me. But alot of people drive toward making legendaries. But I also love the story aspect of this. The part that truly bothers me is they gave a outline of legendaries that would come out in certain time frames and now they are being stopped. I personally feel that instead of pulling ALL developers off of the legendaries they should have at least kept half of them on the legendaries and the other half to the story. Why not compromise to at least make the people looking so forward to legendaries feel like what they desire is not important.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Elku.6429

Elku.6429

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

It’s a lot of words that means very little. You gave us 3 annoying zones that are ridiculously unfun to play. The mastery system? You just removed the old skill system and replaced it by a wheel. Elite spec? You broke the balance of the game, most classes requires you to run elite specs unless you want to be sub-optimal.

Funny how you don’t talk how you killed PVP by trying to turn it into “the next LoL”

(edited by Elku.6429)

Legendary weapons

cranos.5913

You don’t build sustainability for the game by misleading your customers. If your focus is truly sustainability, you need to build a bond of trust between you and your customers. You are ditching legendary weapons because you are “spread too thin” yet you have 70 employees working on a new expansion. ARE YOU SERIOUS????

Deliver on your hype. Quit misleading your customers.

Yeap. This whole angry mob thing really isn’t about 10 more weapon skins. It’s about how BAD of a business ethic Anet has going on at the moment.

Just like the angry posts about raids are never about legendary armor, right? People want their shinies, plain and simple. And honestly I don’t blame them, shinies are the GW2 endgame after all.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

One: they never promised we’d definitely have all of the legendaries within a set time frame.
Two: it’s not illegal at all because it’s their property, and there’s probably even a part of the ToS we signed that explains how any and all information given is subject to change at the will of the company.

What you are talking about?? they specifically said releasing 16 set legendaries at regularly intervals and now we have post by the president saying that they are not doing it AFTER we brought it

Signing the TOS is irrelevent because "Product is not delivered as promised " holds good in this situation

Heck you know what ill make a new mmo JVJD, promise you several things and make you sign the tos saying subject to change then somewhere mid expansion i will refute what i promised and hold you on what you signed for <———-this is clearly a Scam and you could take me to consumer court where ever you are in the world

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

thanks for the info.
the focus back on the living story will be a good move.

Legendary weapons

Cronos.6532

politicians keep promises better than arenanet; I can’t buy the expansion when upcoming MMOs and Blizzard games actually somehow offer more content. anet’s marketing and content teams have failed, what’s left?

also new legendaries are content, and great content. sure they don’t offer any real storyline or new environments, but it’s hundreds of hours of surprisingly non-grindy gameplay.

at least make it so amalgamated gemstones accept sigils, runes, leather, spikes, and player tears

sounds like we won’t be getting rid of all the elder dragons (recent blog post implied one expansion will have multiple killed) and we’ll just skip to guild wars 3

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

(edited by Cronos.6532)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Actualy i laugh hard cuz i remember someone from anet writting on AMA #reddit, they do not want us to prepare the fun but having fun right now. While they works on xPac3 and remove devs working on stuff from xPac2 …

People find fair having to sacrifice this developement while half of the devs work on something we dont care by now.

This company need to learn priority and actualy its to deliver the promises from xPac2 not trying to make a dream about things coming in xPac3 when u didnt finished the current one.

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

You owe us a refund. That is how I feel. I love this game, but I spent my money for the advertised expansion that per you comments will never happen.

I just hope that when the remaining Legendaries drop at some far off time, they aren’t packaged into the next expansion. That would mean paying again for them, when they were promised as part of HoT, and we have already paid for them.

^ Exactly. Partial refund is necessary because they did NOT and is not PLANNING ON delivering what they sold us.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content?

Excuse me? Are you seriously trying to distract us from the fact that you’re failing to deliver on something that we already paid for by reminding us that you’ve been failing to deliver on something else that we’ve already paid for?

I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

This is disingenuous. HoT was marketed as a full suite of content, not just what was available on launch day. I’m sorry, but you don’t get to slap something on the sales manifest, promise to deliver it soon, then break that promise and not expect us to call you on it.

This is honestly ridiculous.

Maybe not the place to ask this, but is the legendary backpack for fractals still on the table?

Have to ask Mike, but…does this also apply to legendary armor?

We’ll deliver both. This is about legendary weapons.

Mo

Ok, well, I don’t believe you. Not one bit. You’ve broken our trust, yet again, and I’m not inclined to give it back to you. I was taking a break from GW2 while I waited for the April update but now I’m just tired of the broken promises, the constantly-moving-goalposts, the mismanagement. I’ve been playing since the GW1 beta (yes, 1), but I’m done. I’m just done. There are plenty of other games out there that don’t constantly over-promise and under-deliver.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Legendary weapons

Cronos.6532

oh yeah companies also seem to be really scared of putting things to a vote. Jagex also hates money, but at least they let players decide what is to be released. Anet is guessing what people want, and guessing wrongly

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rukkor.8653

Rukkor.8653

I have to say, as someone who has already created HOPE, and was looking forward to the rest of the legendary weapons as the ONLY content I wanted from the expansion, I am EXTREMELY upset by this announcement.

The fact that this is even up for discussion is absolutely disgusting. You cannot tell us that we are getting content within an expansion, and constantly tell us “Oh yeah, expect a new weapon every quarterly update” an then just not deliver.

Nobody wants to play through your boring HOT Zones 400x times. I’ve already put together enough materials to make myself a second HOT Legendary; (yes, a SECOND one) and now I don’t even have the option to! Your suspension of this project is an absolute joke. Living Story 3 will be a joke, and more than likely feel like a chore. I cringed while I played through the bugged Living Story 2 (which by the way, has been bugged now for over a year.) and hated every single second of it. How can you even state that somehow Living Story 3 is more important than Legendary weapons? They’re separate design teams for a reason, leave them separate.

At the end of the day, you aren’t pushing the Legendary Weapons because the way to grind them out is seen as a monumental failure by the vast majority of the community. Nobody wants to grind through the HOT zones nonstop and be bored to tears while spending 3000+ gold on materials, and then have to go through a scavenger hunt for random “heart” vendors in Central Tyria to gather stuff that’s supposed to tell some type of lovely story. JK, there is no story, enjoy randomly waypointing to 45 different vendors around Central Tyria and killing this random wasp.

I really appreciate your desire to push more useless unmemorable content through LS3, I can’t wait to play through it and forget it 2 days later.

Thanks for wasting my time and patience.

Legendary weapons

Cronos.6532

We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

sounds like you need a new team of people who can work fast and efficiently, or stop imposing deadlines like with the team who made mouth of mordremoth

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Legendary weapons

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Three years and nobody at Anet has learned anything.

More broken promises, only this time we paid in advance with the expectation of getting something that Mike has just effectively cancelled.

And yet. The next expansion is being worked on.

Meanwhile, HoT sits half finished.

Tell me again why I should continue playing?

Tell me again what I should be excited about down the road?

Anet is really good at hype.

Delivering? Not so much.

Headdesk

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

While I would like to say this is a wise decision, Anet. I feel like we’re just losing something we were going to get, without any promises of compensation.

There is no way to see /know / notice if there will be a tangible increase in new content from this restructuring. We only get content when you give it to us, no sooner.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Actually.. “we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game”
That was their promise. So, once: they promised.

And two: our account yes, it’s their property. However, we still bought an article -it was not a loan, or a rent. It was an upgrade – in which case, the upgrade features are mentioned and explained in details. In this case some of those features simply disappeared, so some of the money that we spent on the features was used for some other purposes -which are definitelly not the things we paid for.