Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marcel.1857

Marcel.1857

Realy disapointing .
I´m waiting for the new schild and sword legendary weapons which was on of the reasons for buying HOT in my case.

The most disapointing is I spend a lot of time in the new HOT map to farm exp and the masterys ´cause i thought for the last legy (astralia…) i need this to get everything to craft those ledgy. And now it isn´t comeing?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Raiton.2395

Raiton.2395

Mike O, there is a simple solution for all this and that will please everyone.

Just release the remaining weapons in the same way that the old weapons did before the Legendary Jorney. Implement only the precursors and legendaries and make the precursors drop from every mob in the HoT maps and let us sell them in the Trading Post.

We know that precursor journeys take really long time to develop but that doesn’t mean that you have to delay them indefinitely when you can use the old system and upgrade to the new when you can.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

When my wife came down to the kitchen to tell me that you all had cancelled the new legendaries, I was minorly ticked off. Completing the collections (albeit slowly because they’re expensive) has been incredibly rewarding for me. I’ve been finding new events and locations (like the crazed quaggan in Timberline) that I never knew existed, even after 1800 hrs of playtime. I was getting back into fractals after all but quitting them when my personal reward level was in the mid teens. I was looking forward to slowly making progress in new collections.

But I have to say that I’m swayed by the argument that content is needed more than collections. I have no idea how/why making a collection is so much work, since it seems like most of it is just creating a list of events/locations that already exist and adding scripting tags to them. However, if you say that by cutting legendaries we’ll get content in the form of new maps and not new systems, then I’m all for it. Give me more things to do in the game, not new ways of doing old ones. That will make me happy too.

Good luck, Mike.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

You also promised us new legendaries in 2013! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
And now after selling us the expansion pack you won’t make it casue you are understaffed. How great…

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

While I do agree that there would probably have been better ways to reallocate resources to revive and revitalize the living world, I do applaud Anet and Mr Obrien for recognizing there is an issue and working to solve it.

First – personal attacks toward developers (and other players) have no place in this discussion. These are employees trying to do the best job possible (even if we disagree with them). Making it personal is abhorrent and worthy of both a temporary forum and game ban imo. It also adds nothing meaningful to the debate and discussion (which is what we should be focused on rather than just ranting).

Second – the idea that this warrants a breach of contract or litigation is reactionary and absurd. Yes, it is sad. Yes, it runs counter to what they have said they would do. But, if they remain so inflexible as to never be able to change their minds or direction based on game needs, then the game itself would never grow and improve. I think we all need to realize that.

That said, again, I think there were better ways to do this, but I am not a developer.

After the last developer statement, my current plan is to give them the chance to get the ship back on track and, hopefully, knock our socks off with (hopefully imminent) content drops. We are slated to get one in April. Let’s see what they give us with it.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Im sure its been said somewhere in the 17 pages I will not be reading, but anet, this is a huge disappointment. It seems you guys keep starting things and never finishing them, and Im getting really sick of half content. The HoT story was half finished and then you just slapped an ending on it partway through with no climax or resolution at all. Now youre copping out on the legendaries that got everyone hyped. If you dont have the manpower, hours, or money to stick with something, DONT START THAT PROJECT. If you DO start a project, FINISH IT. Stop throwing us partially done content and smiling like its awesome and we should be happy. Whats next? Will you release a half finished LS3 when it starts taking too long?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

I’m just disappointed, Its all i can say i’m that lost for words.

Good thing you can see a problem i’m just sad it still isn’t clearly worded.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

(edited by roseria.7695)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

It appears that the game is in a bit of a crisis at the moment and there is quite a lot of repair work to be done over the course of the next 12 months or so both in regard to rebuilding customer relations and in fixing some of the many broken things in the game.

I applaud the decision to focus on regular LS content updates over completing the remaining legendary weapons. However damaging in terms of player relations that decision may be, in the long run, ending the vacuum of regular content updates which we had all become so used to, will have a far more beneficial effect in stabilizing what I suspect is a rapidly falling player base.

However much some individuals may like it, there can be no doubt that HOT suffered because it was launched almost simultaneously with the game going FTP and the marketing department did a horrendous job of selling the ‘free core game’ idea to veteran players. many also thought it was overpriced and therefore offered poor value for money, and after much player feedback, Anet has admitted that many of the maps need substantially reworking to make them more fun to play for casual players.

In addition, WvW appears to be dead (I personally have not played since the borderlands map was changed) and The current Season 2 PvP league is probably responsible for the single biggest exodus of players from the game since launch.

As I see it Anet has 2 options to get things back on track:

1) Take 2+ years with the limited resources available to develop a much larger expansion pack that delivers value for money and hope that the game remains sustainable in the meantime.

2) Deliver another similar size expansion pack this year and give it to all HOT purchasers free of charge in the hope that many of the players who were disgruntled with HOT return and New players are attracted by the offer of the core game and 2 expansions for one price.

Thoughts?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

dont worry they will probably give 3 classes shorbow on the next round of specialization lol.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Haha, just wondering how many other promises will be broken at this point. But hey, least you guys owned up to the fact you can’t do it, so hats off to ya for that. If this isn’t an indication of the state of the game than I don’t know what is.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Financial suicide.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

If the new legendary turns out to be a really epic collection and quest, then I would be disappointed that the legendary project came to an end.

But it’s hard to imagine it will, since the system you sold us in HoT doesn’t support epic collections and quest as anything more than 5% of the experience; the rest is just an absurd gold sink to motivate players to spend more cash to convert gems to gold.

So, since I’ve known that and I knew I got screwed on what I spend on HoT after playing it for a week and seeing where this was headed, I won’t beat a dead horse.

Instead, I’ll just take this as hopefully a move in the right direction to get the game focused on returning to it’s roots. Seeing how a lot of people included me have stopped playing, twitch streamers barely break into the 100s, and the last ESL ProLeague video released yesterday, at the time of this writing, hasn’t broken 500 views yet, I would say thinks are pretty drastic and require drastic changes.

But, I hope you realize, all the consumer good will and trust you have built with me over years since the launch of the game has now been completely diminished.

You would have to show in the rest of the current year that you are serious about things like WvW, fractals and the living world, all the things I have loved about GW2, before I ever considered spending money in your gem store or money on an additional expansion.

In fact, if you came out with a new expansion and asked for money for it anything short of 2017, I would just laugh and the moderators would then get there wish, as I would never return to the forums or the game.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

It’s good that Mo can make tough decisions but now the true challenge begins. Anet HAS to deliver good content or a big chunk of players will be lost.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mrah.7340

Mrah.7340

For those that actually do want a refund, I’m pretty sure you can get it. There is this concept of legal detriment in contract law where someone can claim damages if they either take actions they were legally not obligated to do, or refrain from actions they were legally allowed to do because of an understanding based on an implied contract. In this case one could argue that someone purchased HoT on the implied contract that new legendaries would be coming with the expansion, or soon after. Even if it was not directly promised, the fact that people acted (to their detriment) by purchasing the game when they would not have if they didn’t believe the legendaries were part of what was promised, could claim damages under US law.

Disclaimer: I’m not offering legal advice in any capacity and I’m not responsible for any conclusions people draw from what I said, or actions taken as a result of their understanding.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Financial suicide.

This.

Or the alternative, a such massive money grab shift in the business model that no matter at what price the next expansion were to be sold, the game would be unplayable.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Id hate to be the person responsible for this PR clean up, and if they think its bad on here, reddit is a mine field, I don’t think they where expecting this kind of back lash to be honest, it looks like they have actually pulled the plug on HoT in general now, and moved onto the next project, and anything that is currently bugged isn’t likely to be looked into,

Furthermore why did they choose to post this on Good Friday, with most people probably away for easter weekend, this just allows several days of hate to build up.

They need to make the new pre’s come from the forge also, this would allow the “team” working on the legendary’s to work on,

I feel its been dropped due to the crafting being linked to events that stick or are just broken, and its causing so many issues to try and fix, so its easier to remove it from the game altogether, from reading reddit, you can see there next expansion is going to be a massive headache for the PR team trying to sell it.

The ONLY upside to this is, they have now fix the problem around Amalgamated Gemstones as no one will want them now LOL.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cloaken.2763

Cloaken.2763

Don’t you ever think about scraping the outfit makers… because you know, OUTFIT SALES ARE THE CORE FEATURE OF THE GAME.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

to all the people that want a refund, at the start of HoT some people asked for a refund and they got one, but your account gets suspended and you can never use it again.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: TBG.3509

TBG.3509

I hardly ever feel the need to post in these forums, but this is just crazy…

You simply can’t cancel the new legendary weapons, this is such a big part of the game for so many people. Not only that, but as legendaries are a part of HOT and we knew about them prior to purchasing, is this not borderline false advertising? Even if there is some sort of loophole allowing you to say it is not, it certainly gains your company a large amount of bad faith with customer.

I understand that this is most likely an overreaction to all the players complaining about the length of time it took for the next living story, but the issue with this is that this is hurting those exact players. This is destroying a core way to play the game and is making the new expansion zones forever more useless. Additionally, many of us had started collecting items for the new legendaries…. you could not have smacked someone more in the face than if you had given a hand delivery. I know you think this is the right choice, and you have mentioned that it was a hard one, but I suggest you at least but it to a vote somehow. This way you can hold on to a lot of the players that will consider leaving because of this… like especially with the Black Desert hype at the moment. Are we trying to lose market share?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Prisms.6012

Prisms.6012

I can’t speak for everyone, not everyone in here and definitely not everyone in the forums but a good chunk, people are not just upset that 6 people were taken off the legendary team, it is the fact that a mere 6 people were taken off the team yet 70 people still remain on a team to work on the NEXT expansion. That is what bothers me ALOT. While i know the future especially in a MMO needs to be planned way in the future. When so many things are broken in this expansion you would think that would hold a greater priority than the new one. Because personally I love the living story, alot more than even the first generation of legendaries, so please I am not OMG about weapons skins. It’s just the way the priorities were handled here were done badly. And no I am not a gamer developer but i am someone that has worked in customer service for over 16 years.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

More empty “promises”.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

While I think it’s sad and kinda stupid not to release all new legendary weapons, I’d rather take MO saying they scrapped it than Colin saying it’s coming all the time..

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

to all the people that want a refund, at the start of HoT some people asked for a refund and they got one, but your account gets suspended and you can never use it again.

Well if they give bans then I want 60€ for core game that I bought 2 years ago and 45€ for HoT. So 105€. Fair trade, 30€ for BDO plus some cosmetics.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Your brown nosing knows no end apparently. You aren’t getting a cookie for sucking up. You can bury your head in the sand or bend over…whatever.

Well, this is literally true, in that, since my “brown-nosing” does not exist, it cannot possibly know an end.

I won’t. You can try to ignore their track record up to this point…I won’t. There is no lack of publicly available information about their lack of trustworthiness…especially when it comes to all things HoT so far. The fact that they had to be pressured into refunds for hot pre-orders.

Incompetence. No evidence of malice outside of your imagination.

The fact that the primary advertisements for HoT were for content that they have decided to just cancel…6 months after selling us the product.

This is actually factually incorrect. There was a blog post to the effect that they had 16 legendaries planned, it was never part of their “primary advertisements”.

But whatever, it was promised, and now they’ve determined that they’re no longer capable of delivering it.

The fact that they have said absolutely nothing about refunds or any form of compensation. These are adult issues. These are business issues. These are legal issues. These are respect for their customers issues. If you can’t understand that, then you need to stop posting.

And what part of that means that they actively tried to deceive you, as opposed to just screwing up?

This type of concern isn’t isolated to just one industry. If I ran any type of business, and advertised a product indicating specific things would be included. You came into my store, read the advertisement, and purchased based on said advertisement. Then you went home and found out said advertised items were not in the box. You contacted me and I simply told you that I decided not to include them for whatever (irrelevant to you) excuses…and just stood there smiling at you…with no offer for compensation or refund…would you feel you had been treated with respect as a paying customer? We all know the answer is no…therefore you are absolutely full of it.

That is not analogous to what is happening. Therefore, you are absolutely full of it.

This was a conclusion we were already coming to on our own…many forum posts about this already. Don’t make the mistake of thinking this was anything other than yet another PR recovery move.

What else would it be?

Yes, this was dirty and disreputable. You think they just realized this was a problem yesterday? You think they weren’t having these issues with the legendary weapon process prior to releasing HoT?

They had the first few in hand at that time, so no, I don’t think they were having the same problems at that time.

You don’t remember the outcry on the forums due to lack of information on what would actually be included in HoT for the pre-order purchase price?

I remember that outcry. But the people who didn’t feel they had enough information to decide whether or not to pre-purchase presumably opted not to pre-purchase. It’s pretty difficult to argue that they were deceived.

As far as requesting a refund from our banks…what bank is going to refund an e-purchase from 6 months ago? Why should we even have to go that route to dispute it from our bank. You don’t speak for ANET or our banking institutions. If ANET is trustworthy…they would be offering us the refund…just like any other reputable company with a product recall.

You’re proposing to take them to court, that is why I am telling you to contact them first via customer support, and then attempt a chargeback, because a court will expect you to try and resolve the matter amicably first.

I am actually disturbed that some people are giving Anet a pass on this. They have actually broken consumer laws in the EU and lied to you, and basically some are saying that’s ok, I still love you!

Nobody is giving them a free pass except in your own head. I absolutely believe that they should compensate existing players for this and offer refunds to anyone who wants them.

But the claims that they’re lying, cheating, disrespecting their customers, or even close to the worst in the industry are bullkitten.

(edited by evilunderling.9265)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cysgod.8523

Cysgod.8523

Stop arguing with other players, this thread is for topic discussion relating to the ‘’legendary betrayal’’ and arguing with each other is only going to get the thread locked before many people can get their 2 cents in on the real issue.

Legendary weapons

RustyMech.9876

At the rate that they are changing the direction of development of the game, I’ll honestly be surprised if there will be another expansion. If they do actually release another one I can see half of the “content” being axed within a year.

(edited by RustyMech.9876)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

You misspelled DLC …. 1 to 2 letters is managable but 6….

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Financial suicide.

Clearly something very significant and serious is going on at Anet at the moment and all the evidence suggests that the things I have described have contributed to a serious fall in player numbers that could affect the long term future of the game.

The simple fact is that once Gem store sales start falling (and of course I have no evidence that they are at the moment) the game becomes unsustainable.

To underline this – If you can locate the ANET Financial report Q4 2015 thread – you will see that revenue for HOT was less than a normal quarters gem sales.

Gem sales and by implication active player numbers are the be all and end all for ensuring the game stays in existence.

For many businesses the value of ‘good will’ far exceeds both income and assets and Anet could clearly use some good will at the moment to maintain current, entice back lost and attract new players..

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

• 2013- New Legendaries are promised. This was before expansions were ever going to be a thing in GW2. They never came.
  • 2014- Nothing on the Legendary front.
  • January2015- PAX South. HoT Announcement. Colin and Mike take the stage and announce that Legendaries are coming with HoT. Those of us with the brain capacity to remember things from 2013 are ticked. These weren’t supposed to be behind a paywall. They were supposed to come out two years prior!
  • March 2015- Linsey Murdock Blogpost- All the way at the end of the blog, *the deal has been altered: It’s gone from new Legendaries to, “…handful of new legendaries”
  • August-September 2015- It’s announced that we are getting 3 new legendaries at launch with more to come.
  • March 2015- Legendaries are halted indefinitely.

That’s just the facts. You made multiple promises. They were broken multiple times. You should follow through on your promises and at the very least release the Legendary items you have finished without the journeys.

• Keep your word and release the Legendaries. Full stop.
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It won’t even matter if they don’t start delivering that the core player base actually wants and will repair all the good will they have squandered with the HoT travesty.

The sum total of money I spent in the gem store over the years far, far exceeds what I paid for HoT.

And I didn’t do it, because I want angel wings. I did it, because if I really love a game, I will spend money to support it with microtransactions.

That’s all stopped, because they wanted to include every MMO troph, abandon everything that made the game special and now have way, way more features and systems than they can actually reasonably support.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Financial suicide.

Clearly something very significant and serious is going on at Anet at the moment and all the evidence suggests that the things I have described have contributed to a serious fall in player numbers that could affect the long term future of the game.

The simple fact is that once Gem store sales start falling (and of course I have no evidence that they are at the moment) the game becomes unsustainable.

To underline this – If you can locate the ANET Financial report Q4 2015 thread – you will see that revenue for HOT was less than a normal quarters gem sales.

Gem sales and by implication active player numbers are the be all and end all for ensuring the game stays in existence.

For many businesses the value of ‘good will’ far exceeds both income and assets and Anet could clearly use some good will at the moment to maintain current, entice back lost and attract new players..

So your solution to all this loss in revenue is even more loss in revenue? Okay….

Legendary weapons

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Financial suicide.

Think they already committed that with all their HoT promises. Honestly I don’t know or care at this point if they release another expansion. Game must be in pretty bad shape to axe legendary development for 6 programmers, plus the fact so many big shots have run off. At this point I expect them to also revert the WvW borderlands back too and nerf elite specs so bad they’ll all be unusable.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

How does it take 3 years to design a few legendaries? you already HAVE the blueprint. insert different items into the crafting process, design the pretty weapons, DONE. how does that take THREE YEARS?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Come on, everyone, let’s be fair.

Sure, they are allocating resources towards the next expansion instead of allocating them to finish the expansion you’ve already paid for, but that decision likely comes from higher up the executive chain.

I mean, what is the Lead Game Designer supposed to do about that? It’s not like he’s the president of the company, for pete’s sake.

Oh wait.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

Looking forward to making that judgement. Could you be a little more specific, though? It would be nice to know which year this supposed april update is planned to ship.
Oh wait… Nevermind, I just realised that the april release is a promised release, not an actual release.. carry on.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Warrioress.2750

Warrioress.2750

I personally wish that there were more Swords with skins like the Greatswords ( i adore twilight, dawn and dusk but none of my character’s use GS! I’d beg for a one handed sword with those skins! :/ ) and at least another Longbow, i love kudzu’s look but would love to see something contrasting as my ranger is not the flowery type.

Myself, i do raids but do not own a legendary, raids are easier for me to access as i can do it with exotic gear and ascended trinkets whereas a legendary is a long and expensive journey.

As for HOT, i believe i got a good deal as i was playing free beforehand so i got the core game and HOT for the price of one but i can see that for players who already had the base game it may be a little disappointing, in my opinion for the next expansion when it comes, there should be the option to just get the expansion(if this was an option with HOT i did not see it) and get the expansion with the core game.

My two pence.

I have many skills- Xena

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I’m highly disappointed now. I was really hoping for a new awesome legendary rifle to give it to my engineer, since I think the actual one doesn’t fit. It is a sniper rifle and engineers are using it as a shotgun.

Your work on H.O.P.E. was just great and so I just waited for all this time to hear anything for the new rifle and now you tell is it just won’t happen for years probably…. That really sucks

Legendary weapons

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Sure, they are allocating resources towards the next expansion instead of allocating them to finish the expansion you’ve already paid for, but that decision likely comes from higher up the executive chain.

I can’t say I’m happy that they’re working on the next expansion when the previous one still needs tonnes of work, but I’m fairly sure those 70 people were allocated ages ago, so either they’re left as they are or they get laid off.

But still, it’s not like they’re breaking any laws by proving incompetent to deliver on their promises — as long as some sort of compensation is offered. And remember that it’s not compensation for the legendary weapons themselves, since that’s just symptomatic of the expansion being released prematurely, in an utterly shambolic state.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

not even the classes that can use shortbow ever touch one

Legendary weapons

Posted by: achwas.6190

achwas.6190

Right now – few people who asked would actually care about that.
Problem is – aNet is burning their fanbase to the ground and salt the roots with broken promises…. and basically just turning into another EA/Bioware.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Incompetence. No evidence of malice outside of your imagination.

Ignorance. Ample track record and pattern information to conclude either malice or incompetence…either is equally bad

This is actually factually incorrect. There was a blog post to the effect that they had 16 legendaries planned, it was never part of their “primary advertisements”.

But whatever, it was promised, and now they’ve determined that they’re no longer capable of delivering it.

Ignorance again. Whether it is printed or electronic or even a guy holding sign on the street advertising…it is still advertisement. Whether you want to try to make an arbitrary argument about the word “primary”….to distract from the issue is irrelevant.

And what part of that means that they actively tried to deceive you, as opposed to just screwing up?

What part of it means they didn’t? The burden of proof is not on the customers at this point…due to their sketchy track record so far.

That is not analogous to what is happening. Therefore, you are absolutely full of it.

It is 100% analogous regardless if you are too busy wearing your lancelot blinders to see it or not.

What else would it be?

Obvious useless statement is obvious.

They had the first few in hand at that time, so no, I don’t think they were having the same problems at that time.

And somehow the same collection/crafting process somehow became more complicated because of different weapon skins or linking to different events? That’s literally swapping in different variables in the code. If they are having difficulty doing it now…its literally less issues than they ran into when creating the first batch….so they knew about this already prior to launch.

I remember that outcry. But the people who didn’t feel they had enough information to decide whether or not to pre-purchase presumably opted not to pre-purchase. It’s pretty difficult to argue that they were deceived.

The context of what you are quoting is not in regards to being deceived. It is in regards to ANET withholding information about content included in HoT…which extends to the inclusion of the legendary weapon crafting process we were sold as part of HoT. This is especially relevant now with the revelation that they have decided to “indefinitely” hold out on the remaining legendaries.

You’re proposing to take them to court, that is why I am telling you to contact them first via customer support, and then attempt a chargeback, because a court will expect you to try and resolve the matter amicably first.

First thing you have said that I actually agree with.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d be interested to see the numbers/statistics behind people who participate in raids vs people who own legendaries. Some justification I have seen is that only a small percentage of players own legendaries. I’d like to see how it stacks up the percentage playing the raids.

Raids benefit more than just the people who run them.

So do Legendaries.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

While I think all the posts threatening legal action and lamenting how ANet deceived us are quite exaggerated to say the least, I have to say I’m baffled by how 6 people can work that long on a few collections and then don’t even get things done in time.

Yes, it requires adding a bit flavour text and place NPCs, but if I look at most of them (i.e. Fractal Backpiece collection), it cannot be that hard to add the lines ’I’m looking for thing.’ ‘I have thing!’ ‘Thanks.’ to the game (to paraphrase the Fractal Researcher dialogues…). To me this proves yet again that the people working on the game seem to have no clue at all what’s going on or how it works. But even so, pulling the required information to find the right places and events that fit the lore cannot take this long. Or to be more specific, it must not.

That being said, I don’t know how the internals look like and how much the team had to help out in other areas. But for the longest time I got the feeling that ANet has tremendous problems with communication, both external and internal. And I really hope this will be resolved in the near future. Not even so much to get information beforehand, but for ANet to stop burning manhours and money on things that get re-broken with subsequent patches or take way longer than they should.

To end on a friendlier note, I do hope that Mike’s decision will commence the restructuring and refocusing of the resources and steer to game into a direction most people can be satisfied with. Seeing how he was technically in charge all those years anyway I’m not holding my breath, but I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt and reserve my judgement for now.

At any rate, thanks for letting us know.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Well thieves sure are lucky: they can use 3 out of the 4 new legendaries. That being said, I do understand what you’re trying to say, but I believe making more realistic legendaries for the weapons that only had a joke version in the first batch was a good move.

Sure there are more players who use a Greatsword and they could have enjoyed a new one, but the existing ones are quite popular already. Who on the other hand use the first gen bows or pistol legendaries but pink asuras?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The issue is not that they took it away. The issue is more so that they MISLEAD us and changed the facts after we paid.

“Hey, friend, I have 400 ecto. Would you like 400 ecto?”

“Yes I would like 400 ecto. Here, have 100 gold.”
“Cool, here’s 200 ecto.”
“What about the other 200?”
“Go kitten yourself, not in the budget.”

You’d be ticked and you know it.

Edit: stupid autocorrect

They didnt mislead you. They did bring out new legendaries. Was it the full set? No, not considering the amount of work for the collections. An even bigger NO when you consider the fact that some events needed for the CURRENT collections had to be fixed, altered, or swapped out entirely. They’d have to create the new collections with those issues in mind, resulting in something that could come out in a month or so taking 3 or more because of linked problems. They deemed that amount of work too high of a cost.

Like the saying goes, “kitten kittening happens.” Remember the precursorcraftinggate2013 or whatever the kitten people called it? kitten happened, the current system got scrapped, and they started working from day 0 again. Similar scenario, except they decided to simply scrap it for now, and devote the manpower somewhere else.

So….the stuff you advertised when selling us the expansion isn’t actually going to happen….Nice….you sold this to us for 50$ for 4 maps, a rushed storyline that makes little sense, Gutted guild halls, elite specs, an incomplete raid, 1/4 of the legendary weapons you promised us, and promises of future LS content………..Unless the next expansion is phenomenal in every way that HOT wasn’t, i’m going to pass. FINISH YOUR CONTENT BEFORE YOU SELL IT.

Gw2 was released with half a map for god’s sake, by now we had 3 full continents in gw1, this is getting rediculous.

Frankly you had your expectations set waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. Also, GW1 only had ONE large region. Mind you, that’s GW:P I’m talking about. GW:F and GW:N each had one large region as well, however, they WERENT the same game.

Hardly. You paid for access to it. Do you get it if you didnt pay? No. In pretty much ANY mmo in existence, you’ll find that there’s language in the EULA/ToC that amounts to “you paid only for access to the service/product,” not “you paid for something you THINK you should get.”

edit: In fact, from Section 2.a from the gw2 EULA:

You further acknowledge that Your full or partial access to Content, including one or more Message Boards, Teams or Items is conditioned upon Your compliance with the provisions of this agreement and the Rules of Conduct. ArenaNet may modify, remove, or add Content in its reasonable discretion.

Bolding my own to highlight the point soooooooooooooooo many of you people miss.

edit2: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ for any of you who think I’m lying.

And requoting this for various reasons.

Legendary weapons

RustyMech.9876

They didnt mislead you. They did bring out new legendaries. Was it the full set? No, not considering the amount of work for the collections.

Ya, that is not misleading at all. I have a bridge to sell you….

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

And yet, “The Moot” is still the only legendary Mace.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Virtutis.8614

Virtutis.8614

Makes me wonder how the team working on the legendaries is still employed if they can only crap out 4 in more than half a year.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Makes me wonder how the team working on the legendaries is still employed if they can only crap out 4 in more than half a year.

1, 1 in half a year. Remember the other 3 must’ve been fairly close to completion at HoT launch because they came shortly after. So like 1 weapon in 6 months. I’d fire the kitten out of those people.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

5 months, 6 developers, and only 1 legendary weapon. Must be nice working for ANet, getting away with that sort of thing I mean.

While I think the game is more in need of content and the decision to move away from legendaries is a good one, I really have to question how circumstances got so dire that this decision even had to be made in the first place. What exactly were these 6 devs doing? It’s not just them either, every “major” balance update is just a small bunch of changes that often follow inscrutable logic and only lend to make the game more imbalanced, yet there’s apparently an entire team dedicated to balance. Then there’s like the other 100~ people working on the main game in general that -as far as I can tell- essentially have nothing to show. I find myself wondering “what exactly do these devs do all day?” all the time.

I’m studying a degree in animation right now, and -as an animator- I actually can’t fathom what they were doing for these past months. If I worked at the snail’s pace that ANet works at, I would’ve failed a long time ago and would’ve probably had several disciplinary hearings for not handing in assignments.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)