Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Virtutis.8614

Virtutis.8614

I’m curious; has anyone requested a refund yet and brought up the fact that this is false advertisement? Some people have reason to if their selling point was new legendaries, so I’m curious if anyone’s gotten a response yet.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I would really and truly love for the people threatening to sue to actually do so. Pay 4-500 dollars or equivalent currencies per hour to get back if very very lucky the price you paid for the game. You would need to find an incompetent judge and somehow have the company not delay matters with contesting the verdict but heh, stranger things happen.
They could legally according to the contract you agreed to turn every character into pink fuzzy slippers and the goal of the game would be to find the perfect feet to fit on and you could get squat back.

That might happen in the US, but in the UK there is the ‘The Consumer Rights Act 2015’ that is a law passed by the UK Parliament, that is there to protect the consumer, we have very strict laws here when it comes to consumer rights. And this is a basic snap shot of what it states.
—————————————————————————————————————————————-
The Consumer Rights Act came into force on 1 October 2015 which meant from that date new consumer rights became law covering:

What should happen when goods are faulty;
What should happen when digital content is faulty;

[How services should match up to what has been agreed, and what should happen when they do not, or when they are not provided with reasonable care and skill;] This here applies to what Mike said.

Unfair terms in a contract;
What happens when a business is acting in a way which isn’t competitive;
Written notice for routine inspections by public enforcers, such as Trading Standards; and greater flexibility for public enforcers, such as Trading Standards, to respond to breaches of consumer law, such as seeking redress for consumers who have suffered harm.

Most of these changes were important updates to existing laws. But two new areas of law were also introduced.

For the first time rights on digital content have been set out in legislation. The Act gives consumers a clear right to the repair or replacement of faulty digital content, such as online film and games, music downloads and e-books. The law here had been unclear and this change has brought us up to date with how digital products have evolved.

There are now also new, clear rules for what should happen if a service is not provided with reasonable care and skill or as agreed.

[For example, the business that provided the service must bring it into line with what was agreed with the customer or, if this is not practical, must give some money back.] This also applies to what was announced by Mike.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 stands alongside Regulations to create a greatly simplified body of consumer law. Taken together, they set out the basic rules which govern how consumers buy and businesses sell to them in the UK.
——————————————————————————————————————————-
Personally I won’t take legal action, not worth the effort, I just will not buy anything again from Anet, but I have no doubt some will as it is UK law. I believe a simple gift of a few hundred gems to all that bought HoT would quell a lot of the anger.

Considering you’re paying for ACCESS to the game (IE the Service), not the content IN the service…… Are you able to access it? Yes? Law doesnt help you anymore.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I’ve put some thought into this and decided that the statement “6 devs” is probably false. I refuse to believe that six people have been working primarily on legendaries since HoT released, and have failed to produce any content. This is simply unfathomable to me, to the point that I don’t believe it is true.

These devs have more likely been working on other projects, and have had some occasional involvement with the legendaries. Being pulled from one project to another constantly, and never able to focus. I believe we’re seeing the result of that.

Go read some glassdoor reviews; ANet suffers from serious management and structural problems. This is obvious to anyone who has worked in a mismanaged office before. The symptoms are all there. I was a logistics and e-commerce manager for a shoe company for many years. I have seen first hand just how much time can be wasted when the executive team has you doing senseless kitten and confusing your employees. I believe ANet’s studio is basically a Dilbert comic.

I do not trust this company anymore.

You forget those devs were probably also the same people fixing the issues with the CURRENT collections?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

not even the classes that can use shortbow ever touch one

There are rangers that use long and short bows.

and bears

and LB #4 whenever they see a melee char attacking something

hehe! Oh yes, I’ve witnessed that. It kills me while playing my Guardian. Buh bye thing I was hitting.. bye…

I’m not someone who use LB/SB on my ranger. I use LB/Staff.. but folks do! I know Gaile has posted that she prefers that style, and I’ve seen others do it as well.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Windemere.6534

Windemere.6534

Thanks for that update and I wish you the best in your re-alignment of resources. The decision makes sense even if it’s a painful one for both sides. These things happen when designing with ambitious goals, which in itself is not a bad thing. Looking forward to what you have in store for us.

Windemere.6534
Branch Leader of New Outriders - Recruitment Info

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

For me the big thing is… I’d really like new legendaries to come out, especially some that actually fit my characters reasonably well. But they seem to take far longer to develop than is really worthwhile!

If there’s some sort of compromise where the work is reduced by focusing on new zones and events instead of older ones that need to be checked… That still seems like a good trade-off.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rei Mizser.7651

Rei Mizser.7651

I’m disappointed, one of the reasons I got the expansion was legendaries.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also, in terms of communication in case, it might be a huge moral booster and pr move to do somekind of webcast or behind the scenes guild chat/forum blog about the next living season update. Of course you can’t go into huge detail because it will be a bit spoilery, but it might be nice to have some sense of where the development is of it right now and little bits and pieces to keep us hopeful about the future. I for one can’t wait, but then again I’m used to a different approach for this company than say, Blizzard, who releases content seemingly every 12 months these days. :-P

That would be a very dangerous move. That is potentially another pile of things that ends not getting delivered.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

This is the last straw. I got HoT because they said 16 new legendry’s would come out with, then once its was out, they say, we are slowly making them, we got 3.. now this!? they are cancel indefinitely? I even collected everything thinking new ones were coming, as they said. do I get my money back for HoT? I feel betrayed angry and a lot more. can’t take anything you guys say now for fact, its lies after lies.

why not just put everyone on making and finishing the Legendry’s and put a hold on LW. you could get them done in no time, and then move on from there. New Legendary weapons > any new Living world.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

This is very disheartening news, you guys should add the promised new legendaries in via the old method and work on the precursor quests over time.
Stopping work on them altogether and scrapping work already done sends a really negative message to your community.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.

So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons.

Oh god I’m crying and dying from laughter!

You sold an expansion with new legendary weapons being one of it’s features and now release 4 and put the rest on the back burner.

Seems like you need to put the next expansion on the back burner until you deliver everything on your plate, the rest of the current expansion and the wvw update.

I hope this finally opens people’s eyes as to how this company operates, why do people still have faith and belief in this company. They pushed so hard to get people to prebuy the expansion with as little information as possible, and now they can’t even delivery on everything that was suppose to come with it. The guild halls were such a blunder in grinding they’re even taking the time after it’s release to try and fix that.

If the work for the precursors was too much, maybe should have just made one repeatable epic type of quest to obtain any of them, instead of a unique quest for each one.

P.S Think about this, this isn’t any different than if say they said the recent raid wing is the last one for now, the 5 man team will suspend work on the last wing and go work on the living story instead. How well do you think that would go over?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I understand why others are complaining. They were expecting this based on comments from ANET.

That said, I am personally fine with putting new legendaries on hold (although a smarter decision would have been to release new legendaries in the “old” format instead of all the quest stuff). Focus instead should be placed on getting new PvE content, fixing WvW, and getting PvP seasons working well.

Oh, and I’d like to see some enhancement to the mastery system. Seems half thought. Just please, please, please, don’t add another “side leveling” aspect to the next expansion.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I don’t even care about legendaries (too grindy for my tastes), but I understand why many people would be furious about this topic.

My suggestion:
For now just implement weapons, without any story.
Release them with the old RNG + Recipe format.

Reward players again with Spirit Shards (or any other new currency that only HoT players can gain) for the “level up” and make each attempt for the new set of precursors require 3 rare + X spirit shards/new currency.

Rework dungeons reward and let them contribute greatly to the EXP gain.

New f2p players will have finally something casual to do, experimenting dungeons and gaining some gold to invest in the “old” legendaries, while HoT veteran will run them for the new ones.

Old players will show off the new legendaries while running dungeons > new players will want them too > new players will buy HoT > new players will became veterans continuing to run dungeons > and so on…

GG, you just killed two birds with one stone :O

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Espoir.3061

Espoir.3061

I truly don’t understand how this could be promised in a game and not delivered. Basically you word has been proven to be a joke. How are we going to trust anything that you promise us in the next potential expansion (providing there is one). Anything you promise could very well turn into ’Sorry we have decided to reallocate our resources, blah blah blah".

How has this team been working on the other legendaries for over 5 months since release and only been able to finish one of them! If they take this much time then maybe you went about wrong in how you implemented them. Why did it take you this long to inform us you would be scrapping the project. This is just such a disastrous mess in so many different areas.

Extremely disappointing. Learn to keep your word and uphold promises you make to your customers.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Nothing wrong with emergency reallocation of resources if things are desperate – so long as you choose the RIGHT ones
– everyone would feel a lot less doom and gloom and uncertain about trusting any future announcements of content if you had taken some staff from the new xpansion team – seeing as they are 70 strong and the largest team in the Company presently.

Insisting on pushing forward with a New Project regardless of if that’s the ‘normal’ Development process when you have an unfinished project you are essentially cancelling parts of is enough to put a lot of players off for good. This situation isn’t ‘normal’ the Director has gone mid implementation, you cant really start chopping out advertised content and justify 70 people working on new pay wall content.

I dread to think when LS3 will be ready even with scrapping the Legendary team.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I have made all the mats pre made and ready too and it saddens me that I wasted all my time and energy and some gold. Is there going to be a way to break down the items to get back the mats since now they are account bound items and useless.
Gift of Magumma Mastery 724 gold
Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I would contact support and see if they’ll send you the components of those items in exchange for you deleting them. It’s worth a try.

I had some sort of intuition not to make my ore into ingots “just in case”, I have all the components banked and uncrafted until they are needed. I have all the ore to make the ingots, I played dragon stand every day for months, sometimes without getting one ore because it failed. My disappointment is extremely deep. Nevermore was to be my first weapon, and then I was going to make others that were nontradeable. I don’t see a reason to make nevermore even though I have almost all the components banked and halfway through the journey. I don’t feel like playing this game anymore.

So… You wanted Nevermore, but now you don’t want it anymore because they won’t release legendaries you have never seen? I fail to understand the reasoning.

I didn’t want just nevermore. Nevermore was the FIRST of what I considered a long term goal of making several legendaries. You are aware that the cost of the first is the greatest in both terms of content completion (masteries and maps) and other inputs that only have to be bought the first time you craft one. I bought this game in October on the premise that the type of content I was thrilled about would be there. The entire reason I invested was to craft. I invested in extra bank space, as well. It isn’t about one skin, it is about the entire process. Your lack of understanding shouldn’t be surprising. It would be like me saying “well you got one story, what the heck do you need another one for”

The worst part of Legendaries being put on the shelf? You’ll probably be forced to buy multiple expansions down the road to have access to the ones HoT was supposed to give. Pay again and again and again.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legendary weapons

MashMash.1645

dont worry they will probably give 3 classes shorbow on the next round of specialization lol.

And make you buy the 2nd Expansion to get access to them. Then for the next three Expac #3 and so on.

Legendary weapons

MashMash.1645

I was really hoping for a sword and dagger.

I wanted to make the sword too :-(

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I don’t care for legendaries, but I can’t agree with this decision. It’s a terrible precedent to set.

It was an advertised feature, people accepted the fact that it wouldn’t be ready on release and pre-purchased on the good faith that it would be delivered, this is a violation of that trust.

And you know what? If you’re not going to deliver features that were already paid for, then a partial refund is in order. You can charge for it when it’s done.

I know I picked a random quote from a day old but it voices my opinion quit nicely.

I don’t like the look of most current Legendaries or their look does not fit the character I would like to use it on. My main is a lovely Female Sylvari Ranger in cultural armor. She uses the Legendary Longbow Kudzo. It fits her perfectly. But it does not fit my second character, a female Human Guardian so she will not use the weapon if she is in Dragonhunter mood. The same applies for the new Legendary Staff we got with HoT. It is beautiful, but I don’t think it fits my Guardian. So I don’t care too much about new Legendaries.

But it was part of the content you promised us with HoT. And you always said that you didn’t want to promise us more than you could make. I believed you. Looking at all the content you delivered with HoT I am disappointed. You can argue if 4 new maps in HoT is enough maps for a expansion, but it is on the very low end of what I find acceptable. Even when the maps are big (partly because of multiple layers). You can argue if the new story was good or long enough. I was disappointed, I don’t think it is good. Positive parts are Revenant and Masteries. Elite specializations I am less content with, but you made them. I like Stronghold, but it is an isolated part of PvP so I don’t see it as a strong point for HoT. The new Borderlands are horrible. WvW was in a better state before HoT then it is now. Guild Hall (and specifically the mechanics around it) is mew. Not what I had hoped. I don’t care at all for Raids, but you delivered and you are still delivering more content for that. The new Fractal system is an improvement.

Am I satisfied with what you delivered with HoT so far? No I am not. Was it worth €50? Not really. And now you cut back on promised content. You better deliver a lot of LW3 content, or I will not buy another expansion. Talking about another expansion, I would rather see you focus all of your developers on making HoT better and deliver the missing content. I don’t want to hear about developers working on a new expansion if the current one isn’t yet finished. If you sell an expansion with the promise that the initial release is only the start you better deliver more. Besides more Raid wings you delivered nothing and HoT is 5 months old. I am starting to loose trust in you.

I don’t want a (partial) refund. I want (a lot) more content. I expect a lot from what you are going to deliver in April, I hope you won’t disappoint me. Core GW2 is now a great game, one of the best ever, I recommend it to anyone who wants to play an MMO. It is a lot better than it was at release. I really hope I can say the same about HoT in a year from now.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Ya know, when you think about it, announcing this on a friday was also a smart move. It being a holiday weekend, they get time off, and it basically lets us players scream and rant into an empty room for a few days

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

I need to say something which bothers me a lot in past weeks

I crafted Nevermoore.I had no last 2 mastery lines in Legendary crafting.That’s 15 Tyria mastery points.

I had no HoT maps completed,nor i had any of ascanded materials map rewards as Sparks,Crstal ores,Airship Parts…

I did not have 2500 gold,i had 1400,after almost 20 days of farming.

But let me tell you something,not counting those 20 days of gold farming,i managed to craft legendary item,and to complete all 4 maps with 4x 250x ascended materials in 10 days and farmed 16 mastery points.Played 3 hours each day.

Now when we cleared that out,do not dare to tell me its not possible to get legendary items,do not dare…Before i started 250 ascended mats collection,i was looking at some topics where people complain how hard is to get those,i was afraid AF…I understood those materials are not impossible to get…When i started collection,i was getting 20-40 ascended materials per meta,and i could not believe how many lazy people there are…

Everyone wants everything without effort…It comes down to simple thing,if you want it,you can get it.If you want it,but sitting in LA whole day,and linking items you “got” (ye sure…)and talking about pointless things,you will never get anything.

I spent good chunk of my “life” in sw,and i saw people dying to poison at amber,as soon as poison phase start,and they waiting for other to ress them for over 4 minutes,while nearest wp is 20 sec away,then i realized,those are people who complain how game is hard,and how raids are impossible…Ofc it is impossible when you standing in damage circle and losing 5 k hp each second…

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

IMHO, I think one of the worst decisions ANet made was moving from a Living Story development cycle to a Living Story/Expansion development cycle. Ever since ANet made the move to move away from a development cycle that was working (regular Living Story updates) and moved their resources into developing expansions, we’ve had massive content droughts and less developer communication (it’s only been fairly recently that we’ve had more dev communication and transparency). HoT underwhelmed with a short storyline and underdelivered the features that were promised.

It is poor form that nearly a half-year later, there are expansion features that were promised in pre-launch advertising that we are STILL waiting on. And it is unacceptable that one of heavily advertised features that players were incredibly excited about (and PAID for) is now being put on the backburner indefinitely. This does not make me particularly confident about the other features that were promised, but have not yet been delivered.

It’s pretty obvious that ANet bit off more than it could chew by taking on expansions and their dev resources are spread WAY too thin. At this point, I wish they’d scrap the idea of a second expansion, allocate those resources to finishing what people paid for, then return to a development cycle that worked (regular Living Story updates and no expansions).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: chaosmaster.3196

chaosmaster.3196

Since we not getting the legendary weapons which was part of HoT content. How about Anet compensate us by giving us ingame items like gems or an additional character slot?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

They didn’t ship with Heart of Thorns. Your argument would only be possible if they were implemented… THEN removed. If you need to to help you feel better, ArenaNet’s announcement is more like a politicians promise. I don’t think that but it’s a good comparison for people that are unhappy.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I find it shocking that anyone thinks that this was a good move. You either have a total lack of empathy or you just don’t mind getting duped. I never had any intention of making one of these legendaries but I knew players who were extremely excited about it. I think it is terrible that they have been duped.

Try looking at it from other perspectives…… Suppose they would have indefinitely shut down future raids……. shut down the living story…… shut down the pro leagues….. shut down future plans for wvw…..

Imagine that it was the selling point that most excited you that was ditched….. Would it still be a good move?

I mean Anet has the money to hire 70 employees for another expansion when this one isn’t finished….. still think it is a good idea???

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

IMHO, I think one of the worst decisions ANet made was moving from a Living Story development cycle to a Living Story/Expansion development cycle. Ever since ANet made the move to move away from a development cycle that was working (regular Living Story updates) and moved their resources into developing expansions, we’ve had massive content droughts and less developer communication (it’s only been fairly recently that we’ve had more dev communication and transparency). HoT underwhelmed with a short storyline and underdelivered the features that were promised.

It is poor form that nearly a half-year later, there are expansion features that were promised in pre-launch advertising that we are STILL waiting on. And it is unacceptable that one of heavily advertised features that players were incredibly excited about (and PAID for) is now being put on the backburner indefinitely. This does not make me particularly confident about the other features that were promised, but have not yet been delivered.

It’s pretty obvious that ANet bit off more than it could chew by taking on expansions and their dev resources are spread WAY too thin. At this point, I wish they’d scrap the idea of a second expansion, allocate those resources to finishing what people paid for, then return to a development cycle that worked (regular Living Story updates and no expansions).

The problem is, the 2 week cycle wasn’t that great either. The story basically got done in a day (if it wasn’t bugged), and any other activities around it were done in maybe a second day (unless it needed repeating, due to time gates or farming).

Either way, in the end, it didn’t last the whole two weeks for anyone (unless they were on vacation for two whole weeks and could never just log in to get the free week. There was that incident I think with some weather problems and people were trying to help in some way).

People got bored of the two week schedule fast. And even then there were lulls in between chapters where…welp, really nothing much to do since you probably did all you could during the two weeks you had. Remember, not all of dry top and silverwastes was available right off the bat, but released over time as well.

Two weeks was too ambitious. From what I’m use to, it was at first new content every 3 months. If Anet wanted to show themselves as being more bold, a month would’ve been a better idea, maybe two, then see if you can work your way to even shorter times.

Two weeks was just waaay too big of a leap

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I find it shocking that anyone thinks that this was a good move. You either have a total lack of empathy or you just don’t mind getting duped. I never had any intention of making one of these legendaries but I knew players who were extremely excited about it. I think it is terrible that they have been duped.

Try looking at it from other perspectives…… Suppose they would have indefinitely shut down future raids……. shut down the living story…… shut down the pro leagues….. shut down future plans for wvw…..

Imagine that it was the selling point that most excited you that was ditched….. Would it still be a good move?

I mean Anet has the money to hire 70 employees for another expansion when this one isn’t finished….. still think it is a good idea???

I am not defending it, I never have. I have only said judgment should be withheld until we see how it plays out. It won’t be changed, so all we can and should do is hope for quality content Mike O has said we will get

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I also agree with some people saying that they were buying HoT because they wanted the legendaries feel betrayed. Ironically, it was the same with Fractal leaderboards, the funny part there was that nearly nobody cared.

Well what exactly was the leaderboard going to measure? To have a leaderboard you need some meaningful measure of something.

The only realistic option is probably clear speed and that just turns it into a speedrun competition and there were already player run versions of that. That would have added almost nothing even for the only people who would have cared.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The problem is, the 2 week cycle wasn’t that great either. The story basically got done in a day (if it wasn’t bugged), and any other activities around it were done in maybe a second day (unless it needed repeating, due to time gates or farming).

Either way, in the end, it didn’t last the whole two weeks for anyone (unless they were on vacation for two whole weeks and could never just log in to get the free week. There was that incident I think with some weather problems and people were trying to help in some way).

People got bored of the two week schedule fast. And even then there were lulls in between chapters where…welp, really nothing much to do since you probably did all you could during the two weeks you had. Remember, not all of dry top and silverwastes was available right off the bat, but released over time as well.

Two weeks was too ambitious. From what I’m use to, it was at first new content every 3 months. If Anet wanted to show themselves as being more bold, a month would’ve been a better idea, maybe two, then see if you can work your way to even shorter times.

Totally agreed that 2 weeks was too short/ambitious. I much more preferred the release pace (+/- one release per month) that they had right after the vanilla game was launched. Heck, the current quarterly pace would feel fine too if they actually incorporated some story into the releases. But the current story pace is way too glacial. And with 2nd gen legendaries being indefinitely suspended, they’re making some pretty heavy sacrifices in order to keep pushing on with the LS/Expac cycle.

EDIT – Also, with 2nd gen legendaries being indefinitely postponed, it’s obvious they’re having to make some pretty heavy sacrifices to keep pushing forward with this LS/Expac development schedule.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Legendary weapons

MashMash.1645

I have made all the mats pre made and ready too and it saddens me that I wasted all my time and energy and some gold. Is there going to be a way to break down the items to get back the mats since now they are account bound items and useless.
Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I would look into contacting support. Now that the Legendaries are not coming any time soon, it’s highly likely when they do finally arrive, they will be tied to future expansions, rather than HoT. They probably will not be arriving for years now – do people really expect them to still be tied to the HoT expansion that will be several years old at that point?

All your HoT mats might very well be useless and you’ll need mats that relate to whatever zone the xpac is in – Shiverpeaks, Crystal Desert or whatever.

I had begun farming HoT mats for the sword, but as that is not happening any time soon, I’ve given up and don’t bother with the HoT maps anymore. It’s a waste a time (except for a DS for new toons – 70 free mastery points lol)

Legendary weapons

MashMash.1645

Totally agreed that 2 weeks was too short/ambitious. I much more preferred the release pace (+/- one release per month) that they had right after the vanilla game was launched. Heck, the current quarterly pace would feel fine too if they actually incorporated some story into the releases. But the current story pace is way too glacial.

I’ll be able to retire by the time the dragon story finishes. Heck, I might be dead.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since we not getting the legendary weapons which was part of HoT content. How about Anet compensate us by giving us ingame items like gems or an additional character slot?

We got legendary weapons; we’re getting one more.

Now, I admit that I expected more, but upon re-reading the original blog post (and follow-ups in various places), I realize that was me imposing my hopes on their comments — they never promised a full set of 16, only the new process allowing to create our own precursor and some new ones.

I also agree that, at best, ANet mismanaged our expectations — they could have made it clear that only a few legendaries would be offered with launch and that it might take awhile to see more.

Still, in terms of legendaries, they delivered what they said they would.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

It is content when you use the fact that you will be able to get 16 new legendaries as a leverage point for getting people to drop 50 buck on your expansion.

No that’s called advertisement not content.

It’s called promised content, that’s what games are you know? content.

Imagine if I promoted a game and promised that in my game you are going to have an kitten nal of 30 weapons. Then the game comes out, many people buy my game, but they can only play with 1 gun.

Then you come out trying to defend me telling people: what are you complaining about? you can still play the full game don’t you?

Well I call that being silly, a liar, a scammer, and false advertisement.

You lie to your customers and promise content and features that you don’t deliver.

let me turn that around, I really a game which only “content” is 16 legendary weapons nothing else.. so all you have is 16 models of awesome legendary weapon with those effects tell me how long can you play that game? 0s cause weapons are not content they’re rewards. If those 16 weapons take 32 months (2 months each) to create wouldnt you rather first have a year and halve worth of content first and the weapons later?

Legendary weapons

MashMash.1645

It won’t be changed,

I find that comment funny – the game has done nothing but flip-flop all over the place. It’s because they can’t stick to their decisions that we are in this position.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

They certainly did advertise we would be getting 16 legendary weapons.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

Just like they said we would be getting 3 raid wings…… Not at launch but at intervals

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Yeah, this is certainly disappointing. But Anet’s been constantly criticized for “trying to cater to everyone” “not knowing what it wants to be” “having no direction”. Well, this is how you focus and gain direction.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

They said that that legendaries would appear at intervals until the full set of 16 legendary weapons were added to the game…… That was part of the HoT advertising.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

They shouldn’t be focusing on another expansion when the current one is incomplete.

Not delivering on advertised content shouldn’t be how a business focuses and gains direction.

Legendary weapons

DaikonSamurai.6714

They moved the legendary weapons team to LW. Not expansion.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

The point is they have 70 employees working on an expansion when they haven’t delivered the promised content of this one.

The new expansion should be mothballed until this one delivers on its advertised features.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well this is a way of saying, they learn from their mistakes.

I wanna know what they have to say when this weekend is over, I myself didn’t/don’t care for Legendaries and didn’t think about promises broken but now as I see fact that actually promises are broken I do not like Anet’s decision at all. This isn’t something that will or should go unnoticed.

I don’t care for an Legendary weapons and I rather have devs working on the expansion but the expansion does not have a promised deadline this year (What I know of) so to not break any promises why not taking devs from that team? I think that most of us players have no idéa of what is going on behind Anet’s doors, so please tell us why this was the best decision.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Legendary weapons

DaikonSamurai.6714

Expansions are more living world-like content and that’s clearly the direction Anet is going. Yes losing legendary weapons is terrible, and hopefully Anet does something to make up for it, but this is where GW2 is headed now.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Free precious for everyone!

But, seriously? I don’t see how we could ask for compensation. They partly delivered on what they said we would have.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

I reserve the right to point out their shady business practices. Hopefully the shame gets unbearable.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Do you really trust Anet when they say what they are working on? Maybe the next living story content is already finished.

There wont be much more reaction to this threat. It was just time to throw an information to us, so we cant say it wasnt announced. Thats all. Nothing to see here anymore.

If you want to change anything and get deeper communication between the product and the customer, just

LET YOUR GEMS REST. DONT BUY ANYTHING AT THE MOMENT.

(you will see how much communication there will be in a short time.)

We can discuss as much as we want. No action no gain.

Have a nice easter weekend. Enjoy the funny egghunt in Tyria, the old glasses sale to make us ranting people happy after reading this threat… good morning… you just woke up

…just joking… stay straight like your ears bunnies… dont eat everything… react… only discussing/ranting wont change anything.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

I think this is bad idea as well. Think about it, new LW update gonna hold your attention for like 5 days or maybe week. Then once u done that story you are again dry. Legendary weapons are long term goals for many players. It occupy us for few months. It gives us reason to play other old content to make money. I think anet underestimate importance of legendary items. I’m not saying it is for everyone, but as we can see big part of community really wanted legendaries.

Gunnar’s Hold

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

Op, I wouldn’t expect any compensation…… The only compensation Anet is interested in is the customers plunking down another 50 to 100 dollars on the next expansion that will have a multitude of advertised “features” they really don’t mean to deliver because they “reserve the right to change their product” which means they can charge you for a list of empty promises.

Legendary weapons

Dashingsteel.3410

Funny…. I didn’t know bait and switch was legal

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I would contact support and see if they’ll send you the components of those items in exchange for you deleting them. It’s worth a try.

I had some sort of intuition not to make my ore into ingots “just in case”, I have all the components banked and uncrafted until they are needed. I have all the ore to make the ingots, I played dragon stand every day for months, sometimes without getting one ore because it failed. My disappointment is extremely deep. Nevermore was to be my first weapon, and then I was going to make others that were nontradeable. I don’t see a reason to make nevermore even though I have almost all the components banked and halfway through the journey. I don’t feel like playing this game anymore.

So… You wanted Nevermore, but now you don’t want it anymore because they won’t release legendaries you have never seen? I fail to understand the reasoning.

I didn’t want just nevermore. Nevermore was the FIRST of what I considered a long term goal of making several legendaries. You are aware that the cost of the first is the greatest in both terms of content completion (masteries and maps) and other inputs that only have to be bought the first time you craft one. I bought this game in October on the premise that the type of content I was thrilled about would be there. The entire reason I invested was to craft. I invested in extra bank space, as well. It isn’t about one skin, it is about the entire process. Your lack of understanding shouldn’t be surprising. It would be like me saying “well you got one story, what the heck do you need another one for”

Not at all. I’m just saying you sound like a kid breaking his toys because he can’t have a new one. Really.

If you like Nevermore, why wouldn’t you craft it? If you don’t like Nevermore, why would you craft it?

I understand people are kittened because they won’t get the legendaries they were promised, but how does it relate to how you view the current legendaries? I love Nevermore for instance, as much as I hate Quip. And rationally, the fact we won’t get new leggies can’t change that.

I logged in today and I just feel like there is no point in playing this game anymore. The reason I bought it was trashed. it has poisoned the experience for me. I actually worked on my collection today after I posted this, I have gotten all the mats for volume 2 collected, and much of the rest of it for that matter… just have to do the time gates. I just don’t see a future in this game anymore. Anet’s announcement tells me that their direction is leading away from the things I bought the game to do. Why waste one more moment on it if that is the case? I am not one of those players that does the world boss chain to show off my shinies. I don’t get off on fashion wars, I just like challenges.