Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This was a decision that makes sense. Legendary weapons, no matter how awesome, have a very low impact on the game’s activities.

L. items are the pinnacle of the “work towards the cool looks” GW2 endgame. You’d be hard pressed to find another goal that’s as lengthy or expensive, or that even comes close. Crafting them, and Asc. drives the GW2 economy. You’d be hard pressed to name anything else in the PvE game that has a greater impact.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I’m just curious what all the “I don’t care about legendaries so I am happy” posters would be saying if this was reversed and it was their favorite content that was being nixed. The selfish rallying behind anet is disgusting.

So people have to agree with you or else be selfish?

No, but if they say “I don’t care if people don’t get what they paid for, simply because I don’t like the canceled content” then yes, they ARE selfish.

That means, sometimes, making hard decisions where some plans have to be scrapped, and thus some people end up disappointed or even angered.

They still have to do that within the bounds of ethical behavior though.

They also still have to make sure the game stays afloat.

Within the bounds of ethical behavior.

Calling it unethical is a little bit of a stretch. There’s a difference between them intentionally lying, breaking promises for no good reason, and making hard tough decisions to make sure the game stays afloat. The first example would be unethical but the second example is trying to survive and it’s not unethical in any way whatsoever

Mike O is trying to PR you, of course he is going to tell you it is a tough decision. It doesn’t mean you should believe it. He has 70 developers working on the next half-finished expansion. Clearly he has written off this one already.

So, what, you think this is actually some kind of Machiavellian plot and they don’t have a good reason whatsoever for this decision and they are just, what, screwing with us or something?

Machiavellian? No. Charles Montgomery Plantagenet Shicklgruber Burns plot? Yes. It could be as simple as NCsoft saying; hey this thing you’re doing, called legendaries, our forecast is that it won’t really make us any more revenue, better to have those 6 talented staff working on gemstore products instead.

5 minutes later
Mike O Brien: “GUYS, IT WAS A HARD DECISION”.

I though ANet was self published theses days, and NCsoft where just the money men? Or have I been misinformed on this?

I believe Arenanet have just removed NCsoft from the publishing process, but NCsoft are still their bosses.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m just curious what all the “I don’t care about legendaries so I am happy” posters would be saying if this was reversed and it was their favorite content that was being nixed. The selfish rallying behind anet is disgusting.

No, but if they say “I don’t care if people don’t get what they paid for, simply because I don’t like the canceled content” then yes, they ARE selfish.

That means, sometimes, making hard decisions where some plans have to be scrapped, and thus some people end up disappointed or even angered.

Calling it unethical is a little bit of a stretch. There’s a difference between them intentionally lying, breaking promises for no good reason, and making hard tough decisions to make sure the game stays afloat. The first example would be unethical but the second example is trying to survive and it’s not unethical in any way whatsoever

Mike O is trying to PR you, of course he is going to tell you it is a tough decision. It doesn’t mean you should believe it. He has 70 developers working on the next half-finished expansion. Clearly he has written off this one already.

So, what, you think this is actually some kind of Machiavellian plot and they don’t have a good reason whatsoever for this decision and they are just, what, screwing with us or something?

Machiavellian? No. Charles Montgomery Plantagenet Shicklgruber Burns plot? Yes. It could be as simple as NCsoft saying; hey this thing you’re doing, called legendaries, our forecast is that it won’t really make us any more revenue, better to have those 6 talented staff working on gemstore products instead.

5 minutes later
Mike O Brien: “GUYS, IT WAS A HARD DECISION”.

I though ANet was self published theses days, and NCsoft where just the money men? Or have I been misinformed on this?

I believe Arenanet have just removed NCsoft from the publishing process, but NCsoft are still their bosses.

I see, thank you for enlightening me. I had been lead to believe differently.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Trying to say that legendary weapons are niche content that almost no one does is simply ridiculous and a faslehood. A casual romp through the game itself and all the people with their legendaries is proof that this content is, in fact, widely used.

Legendary weapons have always been considered “endgame” content in a game where there is no traditional endgame content. It was content that was supposed to keep people busy long term. It’s a big part of the game. The announcement of new legendaries was very well received and highly anticipated.

The only reason people are saying it doesn’t matter anymore, from what I can tell, is because Anet suddenly needs this content to be unused due to their recent decision and fanboys everywhere need this content to be unused because they need to keep supporting the game’s decisions for some reason I’ll never understand.

But this point of view is very new. Legendaries have always been considered core content and widely used before the infamous announcement.

I’ll still say that it doesn’t matter if legendary weapons will be added or not, AN did loose they credibility a long time ago – with SAB removal, with dungeons nerf, with WvW f-up, with moving anything guild-related to HoT “exclusive” content, with adding as a pre-something reward a mere character slot and by not giving me a char slot with non-pre-something copy of hot lastly by not fixing armours clipping issues on charr toons and norns.

March is coming to an end and last time i’ve played GW2 was in december… i wonder why…

As for legendary weapons and it’s huge numbers ingame – i agree – that’s why they should be called as i call them -> Plebeian Weapons. (oh look its that plebeian greatsword! wow!)

Ending this post i just want to point out that calling others a selfish person ain’t showing you as an altruist – quite opposite. (adressed to people calling oters selfish)

//edited

(edited by Frediosz.2718)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This was a decision that makes sense. Legendary weapons, no matter how awesome, have a very low impact on the game’s activities.

L. items are the pinnacle of the “work towards the cool looks” GW2 endgame. You’d be hard pressed to find another goal that’s as lengthy or expensive, or that even comes close. Crafting them, and Asc. drives the GW2 economy. You’d be hard pressed to name anything else in the PvE game that has a greater impact.

I’m not sure how you equate what has a great impact or not. Legendary weapons are low in my book; high entrance fee, high cost, minimal effect. Pinnacle or not, those factors make it low.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Do you honestly believe any of the Anet staff is in mortal peril?

Keep in mind, neither the game nor the corporation are living entities with consciousness. I think you are mistakenly projecting human survival ethics onto non-living constructs.

The really is no reason to get pedantic about this, you know what I meant.

I… actually don’t think I do, because it’s fairly clear I thought you meant that you can apply survival ethic priority(other ethical/moral problems take a backseat to survival) to non-living entities.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: CommandoTNT.2350

CommandoTNT.2350

Honestly, the only way to make ANet truly understand that we are upset is to put our actions where our mouths are. That means no more buying gems, no more positive comments, heck if you’re really ticked off and don’t feel like there is anything for you to do in-game then I wouldn’t even log in. Lower daily log-ins would start proving a point to them that we mean business. I am really interested in seeing what the April patch will bring, because honestly if it’s just going to be another let-down with half completed content, stuff that looks like it was thrown together, and no real improvements to the things we’ve needed improved since launch, then it’s probably going to be the point where I start looking for another game to play. I already have been looking honestly and right now BDO and B&S look better than GW2 at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to tell people to stop playing. I’m just trying to say that if you really want to send a message to ANet that you are truly unhappy, then they need to see how upset we are and stop validating their actions. I have been playing since launch and was hoping that this would be the new WoW in terms of popularity and success, and that I would be able to play through its lifetime and defeat all of the elder dragons of Tyria. But I am highly concerned that my adventure in Tyria will be cut short. :’(

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

I’m not sure how you equate what has a great impact or not. Legendary weapons are low in my book; high entrance fee, high cost, minimal effect. Pinnacle or not, those factors make it low.

Much of the GW2 economy is driven by legendary crafting and precursor sales. I can hardly give you a TLDR here but if you listen to any self proclaimed ‘gw2 economist’ the root of most of the economic structure is based around materials related to legendaries.

Suppose you removed all legendaries from the game today; here is a small instance of what might happen:

You instantly lose one of the biggest gold sinks in the game. Gold gets devalued as a consequence.

People who gamble for precursors via mystic toilet will stop buying the relevant rares they toilet with, people who make these rares will no longer make them and any material used will be devalued.

People who farm for materials to sell to people making legendaries will lose an entire avenue of profit. You’d get less people farming, and probably only powerful bloods will have value afterwards thanks to always-popular-zerk.

That’s just 3 things that came to mind. Theres definitely way more detailed explainations for this.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I know it is late and has likely already been asked but is legendary armor still on? Or going to be released sooner than later?

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

I know it is late and has likely already been asked but is legendary armor still on? Or going to be released sooner than later?

MO promises it is still on. Lol.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: bluemaize.4368

bluemaize.4368

Look everyone, regardless of what anyone feels, we are on the same coin overall. That coin is the topic in which is ultimately this: Content is being sacrificed, cut, delayed or however you want to put it. One side is the legendary journeys, the other LS 3 and the coin landed on LS3 side up. This type of approach by Anet is FRACTURING our community even further! Stop the infighting. All of us on here care one way or another about what is going on, hence the stratospheric number of views and posting alike. We wouldn’t be at this crossroad if Anet would have simply delivered BOTH living story content AND more frequent legendaries with HoT. What do we really need? Is for Anet to stick to a plan or a VISION! That’s what helps a company to keep sight on what they want to accomplish. Anet has to do some collateral damage because NONE of us should be fighting like this, it’s ridiculous!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

I half expect Mike O’Brien to go back on this after the massive reaction.

Who drops this kind of bombshell before a 4 day weekend and creeps away!?

I guess we’ll all jump about once they decided ’they’ve listened to the playerbase’.

‘Mo4President!’ we’ll all shout. Then he’ll be the hero, Colin the villain and everyone will get back on the hype train having had their kitten tickled.

Just watch, this is a PR wet dream waiting to happen.

If he doesn’t, their PR team needs to be re-assigned to LW :p

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

I guess we’ll all jump about once they decided ’they’ve listened to the playerbase’.

‘Mo4President!’ we’ll all shout. Then he’ll be the hero, Colin the villain and everyone will get back on the hype train having had their kitten tickled.

I think you are giving them too much credit there. It took bad media press too with the last big out burst, the whole HoT character slot/price thing. Unless a gaming site jumps on this nothing will happen.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Legendary weapons

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

How I wanted legendaries to be handled:

1. A weapon set themed to each of the 6 Human Gods.
2. Completing a long, lore-driven quest chain (Exactly like the current Legendary Collection), but The Six Gods related.
3. One collection for each of the Six Gods.
4. Completing the Legendary God Collection would reward you with a choice of one of their corresponding weapons.
5. One of the core components would involve an area similar to Guildwars1’s Fissure of Woe where you would prove your worth to the God of your choice.

This could have really been applied to anything. Let’s not forget the other Religions of Tyria. There is just so much lore that making content should have been a breeze.

This could have applied to armor as well, but they started adding “Human God” armor to the Gem Store also.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

How I wanted legendaries to be handled:

1. A weapon set themed to each of the 6 Human Gods.
2. Completing a long, lore-driven quest chain (Exactly like the current Legendary Collection), but The Six Gods related.
3. One collection for each of the Six Gods.
4. Completing the Legendary God Collection would reward you with a choice of one of their corresponding weapons.
5. One of the core components would involve an area similar to Guildwars1’s Fissure of Woe where you would prove your worth to the God of your choice.

This could have really been applied to anything. Let’s not forget the other Religions of Tyria. There is just so much lore that making content should have been a breeze.

This could have applied to armor as well, but they started adding “Human God” armor to the Gem Store also.

You’ve clearly not read the OP’s post at all.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

Terrible time to tell us this news considering April 1st is right around the corner. Unless it’s an April Fool’s joke, which I don’t think it is.

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

Terrible time to tell us this news considering April 1st is right around the corner. Unless it’s an April Fool’s joke, which I don’t think it is.

If it is, it.is the most evil one ever, or what they could do it just mail everyone’s legendary weapon. That they can’t use as its soul bound to someone else.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

Much of the GW2 economy is driven by legendary crafting and precursor sales.

That’s just much speculation on your part. That doesn’t matter anyways … they aren’t taking them OUT, they just aren’t adding new ones.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

I think you are giving them too much credit there. It took bad media press too with the last big out burst, the whole HoT character slot/price thing. Unless a gaming site jumps on this nothing will happen.

Maybe, but it’s either go back or come clean on when and how the next 6 months of content will be delivered.

He’s crazy if he does neither. People will just leave and will have lost too much confidence in ANET to come back. Could be over guys – think back to the last well handled crisis or expectation exceeding content…………exactly.

I just play GW2 as a lobby PvP game now. Perhaps after almost 4 years its time to re-evaluate what this game is actually good at:

Grindless and Gearless sPvP
‘Chillzone’ Zerg farming (PvE events, EotM, EB)

-er- I can’t actually think of anything else :s

(edited by Byron.1902)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

This could be really great. Grinding for legendaries is a small minority of players. The majority of us want new game play content. Good on you for explaining this even though there was bound to be some people upset over this.

The truth is, the health of the game is better served with game play additions rather than content that only the most dedicated of grinders will ever obtain.

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

That’s just much speculation on your part. That doesn’t matter anyways … they aren’t taking them OUT, they just aren’t adding new ones.

you have little to no evidence that legendaries have low impact, where as the the trading post provides much evidence how much of an impact they have on the economy. My post was highlighting that fact.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

you have little to no evidence that legendaries have low impact, where as the the trading post provides much evidence how much of an impact they have on the economy. My post was highlighting that fact.

You have no idea from the TP what fraction of sales are impacted by Legendaries crafting. Thanks though.

What I do know … not everyone pursues a Legendary, when they do it costs them quite a bit and they have little benefit to you once you do get them. The ‘evidence’ is quite clear by simply comparing to what other weapons are available and the cost/effort needed to make them. That’s why Legendary ‘content’ is low Impact content.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How much impact does gold have on GW2? How does the fact that a ton of stuff is needed for the L. collections impact the economy? I get that the decision makes sense for you. That does not mean that L. weapons have a very low impact on the game as a whole.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

You’re just rambling now. I already dismissed the arguments you are making because Anet isn’t REMOVING Legendaries, there will see me people wanting to make the ones that exist … Read my posts to see what I’m talking about when I say it’s low impact.

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

You have no idea from the TP what fraction of sales are impacted by Legendaries crafting. Thanks though.

What I do know … not everyone pursues a Legendary, when they do it costs them quite a bit and they have little benefit to you once you do get them. The ‘evidence’ is quite clear by simply comparing to what other weapons are available and the cost/effort needed to make them. That’s why Legendary ‘content’ is low Impact content.

Have you been rubbing your hands recently selling sapphire orbs for 10x the price they sold for before HoT? Yes you have. You can thank legendaries for that.
Tyvm.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

Have you been rubbing your hands recently selling sapphire orbs for 10x the price they sold for before HoT? Yes you have. You can thank legendaries for that.
Tyvm.

And that has nothing to do with Anet deciding to not introduce more Legendary weapons. TYVM.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So far, I have seen zero successful dismissal of arguments. The arguments still stand.

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

Tyvm.

And that has nothing to do with Anet deciding to not introduce more Legendary weapons. TYVM.

We (yes theres more than me telling you you’re wrong) are responding to your post on how this is ‘low impact’ content (and that its wrong), and has nothing to do with what Arenanet is choosing to do.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: TheaOchiMati.7568

TheaOchiMati.7568

Honestly, I don’t mind a delay in them, I just want to know they are coming eventually. Perhaps it is a little preemptive to decide to postpone them indefinitely? Leaving set 2 unfinished is just sloppy – and I don’t really understand why it is necessary when there is an entire set of gemstore weapons coming out at a consistent rate. From your customer’s point of view, this is not a good image, even if it is two different teams working on them.
Why not slow down on gemstore for a bit and finish the legendary set that has already been started? That would win major points. I have worked in retail, and I can tell you right now, the successful companies are the ones that put customer loyalty before a few bucks here and there. Slow progress is better than no progress.

Of course, I support the decision to shift focus towards the core experience – it has been much needed, and tightening up the main game is obviously of significant importance.

We will all be watching, and hoping that you can get things on track over the coming months. You have a lot of people who love this game – you can see it by the amount of responses in this post alone. It may not always be obvious, but all of us here just want to see the game (and by extension, you) succeed.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

So far, I have seen zero successful dismissal of arguments. The arguments still stand.

No argument presented is going to change the fact that Legendaries as content do not have a good ROI; this is low impact. These are business decisions, first and foremost.

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

This is what you said. No where does this imply anything to do with the nonsense you are spouting now, about business decisions or what not.

Very low impact on the game’s activities.

Farming : game activity.
TP flipping : game activity.
Collections : game activity.
Completion of events : game activity.
Crafting : game activity.

Legendaries impact all of these.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

Yup, and that doesn’t change because Legendaries aren’t being removed so I don’t think what I said is wrong.

That still doesn’t change the fact that you continue to decide to ignore my clarifications to be antagonistic and argue on irrelevant factorss, ignoring the most important one; that this is a business decision and Legendaries are not good ROI for Anet.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Is there any reason that the new precursors couldn’t be added to the loot tables like the first ones are and just skip the precursor treasure hunts? That way people still have something to work towards and part of the goal is also achieved. This is working under the assumption that a major part of the new legendaries is the precursor crafting versus the legendary crafting itself. Using this method the crafting portion of the precursor could be added later as time permits but player still have new legendaries to work towards. You could further tie the loot tables into the new zones or areas that you want to emphasis.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Finalfreefall.8247

Finalfreefall.8247

Removing legendaries is a horrible business decision. As someone who enjoys skins, dressing up, and looking nice Legendary weapons are literally my endgame. Removing legendary weapons removes the endgame grind for people who want to have the perfect look. How many of those people do you think buy skins?

Legendary weapons

Ramoth.9064

Yup, and that doesn’t change because Legendaries aren’t being removed.

Deflecting. You’ve just agreed with me that legendaries have a more than low impact in game, it has nothing to do with whether legendaries are added or removed. They have impact.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I don’t know. I think it’s lame that anything has to be sacrificed for a company of this magnitude when there are 70 devs working on an expansion we may not see for 3 years.

But I still don’t think it’s this huge of an uproar. I mean, how many of the people commenting would actually obtain these legendaries? It took me forever to get the one and only one I have. It’s amazing, don’t get me wrong, but given how long it takes to farm everything for it it’s not like having them released tomorrow would mean everyone would be getting them for a few more months.

I can understand the disappointment, especially given the constant gemstore additions, but I still would much rather have a larger living world season than a few more legendaries.

That being said, I’ll slave away and live in somebody’s cubical at Anet with my cat if they’ll give me a job with my lowly associates. LOL. You might have to train me, but I’ll work day and night on the legendaries!

On a serious note though, I really wish we could get somekind of state of the game update/content preview/teaser trailer for the next season or the april patch or something. It seems a little strange to drop this news and then not at least have somekind of fluff piece about upcoming content to distract people or smooth things over a bit.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I can almost get how some people see this as a good thing. But if you look back at the majority of previous living world content, there is a lot of very light (and lackluster/buggy) content there. A living story chapter release on its own is, at best, a reason to log occasionally for an couple hours of content. A bit more if you want to go for achievements. But this type of content is not much reason to keep consistently and actively playing.

Sure, season 3 sounds like it’s supposed to be bigger and more polished, but even the biggest season 2 releases that came after several month content gaps were still just a one-off reason to log in, complete, then go back to other goals or ignoring the game. The only existing living content that actually gave players a reason to stick around were the Dry Top and Silverwastes releases.

On the other hand, legendary weapons do provide a more long-term goal and on-going reason to log in and play various parts of the game. And it’s not hard to see that legendary weapons are for more than a small minority of players. There are a lot of players that have them. There are probably a good bit more that don’t have them, or aren’t really interested in them. And that is likely why the majority of the studio was already working on living story content. But what is the actual impact of moving 6 people away from legendaries to join a 120-dev live game team?

The (likely) majority of players just got an extra 4% manpower working on content for “everyone”(not everyone cares about it), while all the players that do care about legendaries lost 100% of the devs working on something that matters to them. Something that they were told was part of the expansion they paid them for. It was bad enough when Anet announced that HoT was releasing with only 3 new legendary weapons, pushing the rest back as if the expansion many had already pre-ordered was some sort of season pass. Now we’re being told that something used as marketing hype to sell copies of HoT isn’t coming at all. Whether or not the majority of players care about them, a full set of legendary weapons is something Anet does, in fact, owe its paying customers.

As has been mentioned by others in this topic, Anet should get their act together and finish their first expansion before pushing so hard to get the 2nd unfinished one out the door. All of the players still waiting on HoT’s marketed features when xpac 2 goes up for pre-order might not be so thrilled to shell out money for more broken promises. I already had serious doubts about HoT before its release, and still feel that it did not come near justifying its full cost(a price I did not pay, btw). After this, there is almost no chance of me paying any price for xpac 2 unless all announced features are included at launch.

This is the type of ridiculous stunt that destroys indie devs trying to peddle half-finished games on Steam’s early access program. There is absolutely no excuse for a AAA dev with a massive publisher behind them doing this nonsense.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Removing legendaries is a horrible business decision. As someone who enjoys skins, dressing up, and looking nice Legendary weapons are literally my endgame. Removing legendary weapons removes the endgame grind for people who want to have the perfect look. How many of those people do you think buy skins?

All GW2 has ever had for endgame is the dressing up. They’ve got nothing else unless you count the raid now. And one raid just isn’t much. Which is why they need the new legendaries.

Legendary weapons

bluemaize.4368

The issue is that content, no matter what is being delayed, have been put on hold indefinitely, or quite possibly canned. This issue could have gone either way with what content type Anet could have delayed or canceled. The problem is no matter how you look at it, SOMETHING has been sacrificed when nothing should have been, since we PAID for it. Those who are knocking pro-legendary peeps down a peg in favor of LS3, stop it. The forums, reddit, and many other places on the internet wouldn’t be seeing such a backlash by so mamy if Legendaries weren’t a real content in GW2. This forum topic is mainly for those upset by Anet’s decision or that are open-minded seeing how ultimately Anet made a silly business decision and are plainly stating what is fair or isn’t fair.

We as a community LOSE because something is getting put on the shelf/backburner. How does that help that you guys keep arguing back and forth, attempting to tout statistics or data coming out of your rear ends, but they are just opinions based solely on your own preference of playing this game? Anet is furthering dividing this community….stop the quarreling! Content has been taken away, but we should have gotten both LS3 updates and Legendary Weapons updates all frequently. That is not cool.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Maybe, but it’s either go back or come clean on when and how the next 6 months of content will be delivered.

He’s crazy if he does neither. People will just leave and will have lost too much confidence in ANET to come back. Could be over guys – think back to the last well handled crisis or expectation exceeding content…………exactly.

I just play GW2 as a lobby PvP game now. Perhaps after almost 4 years its time to re-evaluate what this game is actually good at:

Grindless and Gearless sPvP
‘Chillzone’ Zerg farming (PvE events, EotM, EB)

-er- I can’t actually think of anything else :s

Being a great big kitten dragon-cat with a shiny sword and angel wings ranks up there to me!

And that you cluster ALL the game’s PvE content as “Chillzone zerg farming” indicates a lack of understanding the appeal of the game’s open world.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

Sorry but that makes no sense. No legendaries are being removed from the game so you can still target whatever look you want based on whatever Legendaries exist right now. You can’t say you can’t get the perfect look because of Legendaries you never seen before that won’t become game content.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The issue is that content, no matter what is being delayed, have been put on hold indefinitely, or quite possibly canned. This issue could have gone either way with what content type Anet could have delayed or canceled. The problem is no matter how you look at it, SOMETHING has been sacrificed when nothing should have been, since we PAID for it. Those who are knocking pro-legendary peeps down a peg in favor of LS3, stop it. The forums, reddit, and many other places on the internet wouldn’t be seeing such a backlash by so mamy if Legendaries weren’t a real content in GW2. This forum topic is mainly for those upset by Anet’s decision or that are open-minded seeing how ultimately Anet made a silly business decision and are plainly stating what is fair or isn’t fair.

We as a community LOSE because something is getting put on the shelf/backburner. How does that help that you guys keep arguing back and forth, attempting to tout statistics or data coming out of your rear ends, but they are just opinions based solely on your own preference of playing this game? Anet is furthering dividing this community….stop the quarreling! Content has been taken away, but we should have gotten both LS3 updates and Legendary Weapons updates all frequently. That is not cool.

Nah its cool, its content they don’t care about so it doesn’t matter. They’re being selfish and I’d even say acting like kittens acting like its totally cool. I hope in a few months when something they are waiting for gets cancelled they don’t find themselves outnumbered because a lot of people form this thread won’t be around to back them up.

Legendary weapons

bluemaize.4368

Nah its cool, its content they don’t care about so it doesn’t matter. They’re being selfish and I’d even say acting like kittens acting like its totally cool. I hope in a few months when something they are waiting for gets cancelled they don’t find themselves outnumbered because a lot of people form this thread won’t be around to back them up.

Legendary weapons

bluemaize.4368

Content we all lose out on. The purpose of the legendary journey was to allow crafting these weapons more accessible. Who knows, you may decide to try it some day? I would have never decided to make one if it weren’t for me getting a precursor drop and I used to be completely against trying it out.

The selfish group is Anet. They are already working on expac 2….seriously, why would they do that? HoT and GW2 have been in a content drought all across the board. Also, don’t forget the kill order on Dungeons…..that’s taking conten away! If the coin flipped the other way about LS3 being canned, it would still be a stupid business mistake as well! Same coin (content), one side landed up (LS3) to keep, the side facing down (legendaries) loses out. How is that even fair? NOTHING needs to be cut out or delayed from what EVERYONE paid for, and they have the stones to go ahead and work on expac 3? Come on, really?!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Genetix.4320

Genetix.4320

I cannot even begin the describe the disappointment I am feeling right now from the developing team. You have just completely abandoned a certain group of the community, probably one of your most loyal group of community players that are still playing the game keep certain farming zones active. I came from games like lineage 2 (played from C2 to C4) and wow where pve was rather much more hardcore than this and I finally got tired of it so I settled with this game because I enjoy the casual experience. I was never interested in the story of this game nor much the pve content, because lets be honest this game when compared to others in that category isn’t top notch but what this game has appealed to me in many ways is how laid back it is and yet you can still achieve your goal and get your legendary weapon skins at your own pace.

To some of us out there when there was a lack of content we did not mind very much, we did not abandon the game like many others, we still come online a few times a week and play the game go to farming zones make investments and trades on tp to build up our bank and gold count. I don’t raid don’t wvw much occasionally do the fractal dailies and some world bosses just mainly go to farming zones like SW and a few HOT maps patiently waiting for the arrival of the new set of legendaries to craft. But with this announcement I suppose players like me no longer have any reason what so ever to continue playing your game. The community may think that players like me are a minority in the community. That may be true to some extend but trust me the numbers are much larger then your think, you see all these guys that are there actively farming the SW maps, running chest trains farming DS I can tell you a large portion of them are like me, if they really cared much about the pve story and content they wouldn’t be constantly doing repetitive farming over and over again they probably would have left the game for months until the announcement of the new living story and then come back and not to mention players like me probably hold the largest account wealth in the game (that info came from gw2efficiency.com it compared your account total wealth to others).

Anyways I suppose I should at least thank you for letting me know now (sooner is always better than later). I suppose there is finally my reason to end this ride, the experience was fun Cheers.

(edited by Genetix.4320)

Legendary weapons

bluemaize.4368

Just started posting first time tonight, I apologize for any goof ups. Just still learning. Not sure how to directly reply to posts.

Regardless of the squabbling that occurs from time to time, I still think that this community is a great one to follow and be a part of.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Snake Antelope.9583

Snake Antelope.9583

imo..

i don’t think the blowback about suspending legendary weapons is an explosion of anger and frustration over not having more shiny pixels.

been playing since factions.. i have 5.7k hours on my account for gw2.

what i see.. from my pov.. is a series of company let downs to its player base(s).. glossed over..

all this.. my pov.. your pov… meh. anet is a business and gw2 is a game. its a shame i have yet to see people discussing a product they own and why the customer base satisfaction seems to be decreasing… from an objective pov…

im sure i am wrong.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

After 5-6 months its basically unfathomable that they couldn’t release something when you have a team of 5+(?) working on something like this. When you think of content, legendaries should be a fairly small check mark on things to get out of the way.

They are either screwing with us and will release all of them on Friday or someone(s) got fired for incompetence and this is the resulting cover up excuse.

When you tell people to get a head start on crafting and then pull back on it….. A lot of very expensive un-usable gifts happen.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think if MO had come out with a solid reason as to why the shift in dev teams, things might not be so bad.

“We listened to your feedback and we’re going to make sure we don’t have any parts that require you to fail a mission to get to the mission you need and we hear you on preferring to do quests over lots of farming. We need to take some time to figure out how to balance out time and money when there are people who will just go through all of the content we through at them in a second. While we ponder that, we’re going to shift those workers to primarily focus on the Living World. They’ll toil with the legendaries when they get a free moment and they’ll be able to see what players like and don’t like about how we implement LS3 rewards and collection items.”

Because sometimes NOT focusing directly on a problem is the quickest way to finding a solution to the problem. Let your subconscious dwell on it and maybe a solution for a LS problem will help the legendary problem.

But all we’ve got is “We’ve moved the team and suspended the release of them indefinitely.”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They are already working on expac 2….seriously, why would they do that?

Because that arc of the story requires far more development time and sophistication than a simple Living Story seasonal release. New zones, new elite specializations, new storyline, and possibly even a new race.