Let Anet know we want more Teq!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

No thank you. You should change the title to ’ Let Anet Know That I Want more’. There are some that want more and some that don’t.
The time sink, the failure rate and the crap drops puts me in ‘I don’t want to see more
of this’ camp.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I would like it if they improved overflows, and added more in game tools to help organize large groups of players, so people don’t have to solely rely on some form of ts, and people in overflows aren’t running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off.

Like Battlegroups in daoc for example, that’s an old game though, so their are probably better systems out there, and Anet can probably come up with something better.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

As an open world event like this one? No thanks.
As private instances where you’re free to kick afk people and griefers, and that you can start without waiting for hours in a map just to be together with your group? That would be fine.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

No, this is just crap content, the game long term level 80+ content, not some revamped champion of the week.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Welcome to raiding – challenging, team-based combat. WoW has had it since 2004 (as has most games that followed), and it’s said we have to “ask” for it in GW2 in 2013.

They missed the mark by not launching the game with this kind of content. We’d likely be talking a very different story today about GW2 if they had. But that ship as sailed.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Welcome to raiding – challenging, team-based combat. WoW has had it since 2004 (as has most games that followed), and it’s said we have to “ask” for it in GW2 in 2013.

They missed the mark by not launching the game with this kind of content. We’d likely be talking a very different story today about GW2 if they had. But that ship as sailed.

err WoW didn’t invent raiding, and this isn’t raiding. It’s more like an oversize champ zerg. And no, before you ask, GW2 didn’t invent the champ zerg, it was around years and years before even WoW invented night elf mowhawk grenades to lob around.

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

No sorry no more teq. Not when it takes the coordination of a guild to bring him down.. Sorry but no thanks.. the teq fight should not require 100 peps to be in a voice channel to communicate.. That is just failed philosophy there.

Anet failed kitten this event by making it to hard.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

One of the best events and most meaningful win i have every had in an mmorpg even SL from ff11 was not as eventful (all you did was to chain stun him but you need a lot of order and communication). Events like this IS real team work every thing else i seen in other mmorpg is more on the lines of just playing beside some one but not with them.
If they can do this for every world boss i think GW2 will have some of the best pve out there.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

I don’t like game bashing because I love this game and have spent an entire year playing it but this update totally sucks in my opinion. The fight itself is really fun but I don’t like having to camp teq just to avoid overflow. The overflow for this type of thing is bullkitten so no I don’t want to see more fights like teq until they fix their overflow system. It feels an awful lot like waiting around to have fun which is something guild wars 2 wanted to avoid.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I don’t like game bashing because I love this game and have spent an entire year playing it but this update totally sucks in my opinion. The fight itself is really fun but I don’t like having to camp teq just to avoid overflow. The overflow for this type of thing is bullkitten so no I don’t want to see more fights like teq until they fix their overflow system. It feels an awful lot like waiting around to have fun which is something guild wars 2 wanted to avoid.

That alone shows that its the right thing ppl want to run it so it will go into overflow. Its like when the game first came out and ppl saying things where dieing because too many ppl where doing them (from there point of view could not get in).

Any way most of the time overflow is far better then fighting in non overflow you often have ppl akitteng camping for AP.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Right now, failing the event still gets you your Boss Week daily. After Boss Week . . . I foresee great difficulty getting the required amount of players.

I really enjoy the idea of this type of content, but I think ANet need to work on their server infrastructure (the ‘overflow problem’) and potentially consider some more intelligent in-game coordination tools (like revamping the Commander tag as frequently suggested, and giving it more utility once it’s something the player has legitimately earned). Once the foundations are sturdier, events like this will work much better.

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

NO thank you.I want easy boss so that i can smash it quickly and get my loot.

Not sure if serious…

I’m dead serious

But… you already have so many of those. Does every single boss really need to be like that? Isn’t that selfish to ask? Why not have a wide spectrum of boss difficulty so that there will be something for everyone?

Yep saves time.

And makes for an extremely boring game that only those who want quick rewards with no challenge will want to play.

we want to wvw and do other things more interesting. after about a week, this will get stale.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That alone shows that its the right thing ppl want to run it so it will go into overflow.

Let’s see what happens to it once the Boss Week event is over. “LFG Teq need 95 people.” Cricket… Cricket.. Meanwhile everyone else is standing in the swamp waiting for SB to spawn.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Man trogdor never gets upset and he’s going on a rampage for this update, look at at signature!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Do not want. Instead I would like for the dungeons to receive some proper attention.

Daywolf.2630

(like revamping the Commander tag as frequently suggested, and giving it more utility once it’s something the player has legitimately earned). Once the foundations are sturdier, events like this will work much better.

Earned it? I got my first tag last year, I paid 100g for it, earned Especially when you consider others were putting that 100g to their legendary weapons back then, for themselves, does nothing to help other players. When I go to the “new and improved” teq event, I don’t turn it on :P but heck yeah would luv to see it more useful for wvw, temples, guild missions etc. Especially member tracking.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Man trogdor never gets upset and he’s going on a rampage for this update, look at at signature!

Yes I’m not very happy with this one. I’m all for a good challenge even though I’m a dirty casual. Unfortunately for someone casual like me I have to decide if I want to wait in overflow during my two hours of play to join with a disorganized group with a bunch of AFKers or if I want to do my normal thing. After using some of my limited playing time to try and enjoy this event I had to go with the later. The response from many is that this content isn’t for me because I’m not hardcore. If hardcore means spending tons of time with trial and error trying to get to an event on your own server then I am as about as far from hardcore as it gets.

The Burninator

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I like the IDEA… the execution wasn’t ideal. If you’re going to need coordination of 80+ people, you need to give them a way to coordinate without having to deal with overflows and scattered parties across different maps.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

This is zerging not raiding.

I WANT raiding.

Give us an instanced version please, thx.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yeah…trying to join my friends in an organized overflow. I get a message saying it’s full. Gave up a few minutes later.

It’s interesting that the majority of the challenge of the entire event is dealing with the ego of a lot of different people, possibly some trolls and afkers amongst them, and fighting broken game features that don’t have anything to do with the actual fight.

That doesn’t fit my idea of challenging but I guess it does for some.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Knote.2904

Yeah…trying to join my friends in an organized overflow. I get a message saying it’s full. Gave up a few minutes later.

It’s interesting that the entire challenge of the entire event is dealing with the ego of a lot of different people, possible some trolls and afkers amongst them, and fighting broken game features that don’t have anything to do with the actual fight.

That doesn’t fit my idea of challenging but I guess it is for some.

All this, and then lag, because Anet expects everyone to be able to play with 100+ people on screen spamming particles.

I get like 10-15 FPS, it’s playable but it definately isn’t fun.

You could make the most fun event ever and it’ll be ruined by all the above issues.

I just want things like Mad King Lair, just a simple instanced Boss Arena, pick up randoms or go with friends/guildies and just do an epic well designed boss fight, with ideal rewards to match the difficulty, why is that too much to ask for? =[

Daywolf.2630

If hardcore means spending tons of time with trial and error trying to get to an event on your own server then I am as about as far from hardcore as it gets.

The only hardcore thing in this game is the gem shop. There is nothing hardcore in this game as far as content. I don’t think that there has been a hardcore mmo made since WoW …wrecked the genre with it’s new army of casual players. Still a few older games around though, the ones that didn’t turncoat. Teq could be hardcore, but it can’t be sustained, it’s more of a freak show. Closest thing to hardcore content I’d say are temples. Though it’s more core w/o the hard-.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

No thank you, good try ArenaNet epic fail though.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I WANT raiding.

Well, yes… that would be preferred. Not sure why they won’t do that.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

if the drops match the difficulty sure.

But the drops from teq so far def not worth the time/effort to organize.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Maybe when they fix the overflow system to be more like Guild Wars 1 districts. Until then, absolutely not.

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

(like revamping the Commander tag as frequently suggested, and giving it more utility once it’s something the player has legitimately earned). Once the foundations are sturdier, events like this will work much better.

Earned it? I got my first tag last year, I paid 100g for it, earned Especially when you consider others were putting that 100g to their legendary weapons back then, for themselves, does nothing to help other players. When I go to the “new and improved” teq event, I don’t turn it on :P but heck yeah would luv to see it more useful for wvw, temples, guild missions etc. Especially member tracking.

No disrespect meant. I’ve seen some great ideas floating around about how the Commander tag acquisition could be made more relevant to in-game leadership skills, or at least displaying significant skill/understanding of certain areas of the game. That’s what I meant As a casual player I more than appreciate that 100g is a hefty sum to raise, but it still doesn’t actually prove you’re any good at the game or any good at leading other players in playing the game.

Posted by: Zadkhier.3608

Zadkhier.3608

Don’t really want more content like Tequalt. The amount of people it requires and the organization…Having to deal with with all the afkers, griefers, people who don’t listen and let’s not forget being stuck in overflow for hours if not more…I don’t think the rewards are really worth having to deal with all of that.

Probably wouldn’t hate it as much if this were an Elder Dragon. But Tequalt is a CHAMPION. After this patch Tequalt makes Zhaitan (an ELDER Dragon) look like a common trash mob.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Let anet know YOU want it. Im tired of fighting for 15 minutes for a single green drop. The content is interesting the rewards however? a waste of time.

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

i hate raiding. please never introduce that garbage.

OP’d thief, lol

Knote.2904

i hate raiding. please never introduce that garbage.

I hate open world zerging, please give the option to do an instanced version with friends/guildies and people that don’t suck. Thanks.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The one good thing about a super tuned encounter is that the majority of people will be happy to see nerfs.

If they made it super easy from the start and buffed it to the heavens then people would burn this place down with rage.

I’m not saying it needs nerfs. But. Unless Anet is going to fix all the technical limitations (which may or may not be possible) this kind of content is not something we need more of.

Daywolf.2630

No disrespect meant. I’ve seen some great ideas floating around about how the Commander tag acquisition could be made more relevant to in-game leadership skills, or at least displaying significant skill/understanding of certain areas of the game. That’s what I meant As a casual player I more than appreciate that 100g is a hefty sum to raise, but it still doesn’t actually prove you’re any good at the game or any good at leading other players in playing the game.

Early on it was, I mean what to do with 100g the second month after launch? Because some of us spent it on the tag rather than prestige gear, it pushed our WvW rankings up towards the top before even server transfers imbalanced it all.

Of course now, 100g is hardly much and some get the tag just to mess with other players, contribute nothing to anything and cry for all the other commanders to turn their tag off because they just entered the borderland and no need for other tags. meh but I don’t want to get into the debate, it’s childish. I don’t care who has a tag or how many do.

But they should have added tracking months ago, not just for things like teq, but organizing temple assaults it would have been a powerful tool, to just getting them started at least. Also for guild missions when trying to cover a zone looking for that npc. They have mentioned that they are going to do something, but who knows when that will ever be or if ever.

The one good thing about a super tuned encounter is that the majority of people will be happy to see nerfs.

If they made it super easy from the start and buffed it to the heavens then people would burn this place down with rage.

I’m not saying it needs nerfs. But. Unless Anet is going to fix all the technical limitations (which may or may not be possible) this kind of content is not something we need more of.

Well, they are definitely getting the idea from hearing people cry “it’s too easy”. But I do world bosses all the time, and the only ones I see crying are the people that are usually coming in at the last moment just to get a whack in, then cry how easy it all is after skipping 90% of it. Contributed noting to the pre-events, even stand there like sheep watching others do it all for them. Unfortunately that’s about 80% of people doing boss events since it’s set up to encourage this, to reward them for no effort while following the website timer alarms. MAW was about the only boss that really needed more HP, which it finally did get. But like FE changes are pretty outrageous, and still hardly anyone doing pre’s to get the thing going.

The thing is, that 80% will find something easier to farm, then the 20% will just stand there staring at their regular content that they cant do any longer. The 80% will find something else to abuse and cry over until Anet listens to them and destroys that content as well. Just like FE, not happening in off hours any longer. I mean temples are one thing, but now world bosses? Then what? I don’t want to be forced into instanced content, I’ll uninstall at that point.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Lambent.6375

I WANT raiding.

Open world bosses that required a large amount of people, and a high level of teamwork (pre – WoW era) have been called raids for a long time, when did this become not raiding?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I hate gathering/exploring.
I hate Living Story.
I hate GW2’s lore.
I hate Childish instances like SAB.
I hate facerollable content, content that takes literally 3 buttons to win – 1, dodge, heal.

I love epic group content that requires tons of teamwork, coordination and that takes time to finish and is punishing.

Remember, GW2 takes everything I loved about GW1 and puts it in persistent world.
I’m waiting for content similar to DoA/UW/FoW/Urgorz/The Deep.

Daywolf.2630

Open world bosses that required a large amount of people, and a high level of teamwork (pre – WoW era) have been called raids for a long time, when did this become not raiding?

Having been a raid leader for guilds in one such game I can mention some differences. There are no tools here for organization, no raid panel, no linked groups. When you get tooooo many people together to do something, and with no real leadership, it just becomes a mob, not a raid. Usually in raids… you don’t have people standing around afk, ya know?!? I didn’t hear Anet describe this to be a raid, and good thing, they would get laughed so hard.

Oh they did mention that in gw2 players don’t raid MOBs, MOBs raid players. That’s about accurate, they have better organization tools I’m sure, the mobs.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Lambent.6375

Having been a raid leader for guilds in one such game I can mention some differences. There are no tools here for organization, no raid panel, no linked groups. When you get tooooo many people together to do something, and with no real leadership, it just becomes a mob, not a raid. Usually in raids… you don’t have people standing around afk, ya know?!? I didn’t hear Anet describe this to be a raid, and good thing, they would get laughed so hard.

The lack of organizational tools was actually one of my criticisms of this new content that I posted at the top of this page page, lol. I just think the requirements of the content itself is enough to qualify it as a raid, and anet’s lack of organizational tools is a different issue. (it makes the open world raiding experience not so stellar)

I would like it if they improved overflows, and added more in game tools to help organize large groups of players, so people don’t have to solely rely on some form of ts, and people in overflows aren’t running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off.

Like Battlegroups in daoc for example, that’s an old game though, so their are probably better systems out there, and Anet can probably come up with something better.

Knote.2904

I WANT raiding.

I don’t recall raids in Everquest EVER having solo players just coming out of no where to gather up onto a raid boss unorganized.

The amount of organization needed back then is more than what’s needed than even in instanced raids today.

And back then there’s no difference if it was instanced or not because it’s not like you’re having to compete with a giant mob of randoms.

So please, don’t even start lol, this is zerging not raiding.

I hate Living Story.
I hate GW2’s lore.
I hate facerollable content, content that takes literally 3 buttons to win – 1, dodge, heal.

I love epic group content that requires tons of teamwork, coordination and that takes time to finish and is punishing.

Remember, GW2 takes everything I loved about GW1 and puts it in persistent world.

This is what’s so frustrating, Anet has shown they can do this, even in GW2.

WHY WON’T THEY DELIVER!!!!???

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I hate Living Story.
I hate GW2’s lore.

If you’re using 3 specific buttons, you are by definition not “rolling your face” across the keyboard — unless you went so far as to rebind most of your keys to dodge, heal and weapon skill 1.

That said, open world was more fun in BWE 1 than it is now. Also, ANet had a very nice formula in GW with the elite areas. No stat boosts, prestige skins that were very hard to get, and more challenging content. Unfortunately, they threw that formula out when they built GW2. In its place, we have stat inflation, the Ascended materials chase and the legendary chase. These take a similar amount of commitment, but lack the fun. Now, it’s just a matter of collecting crap.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No, no more of this content that will be dead in a few weeks because its too much trouble to bother with.

I’d rather have more of the world to explore, that to me is a challenge, not twich game play, fighting Overflows while listening to elitists tell me how i’m “doing it all wrong” again..

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

As open world content, no ty.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Why the hell wasn’t this scaled down a tad and made a guild mission instance?
The way it is now, it has removed one dragon encounter with one that will never be done again(effectively removing 2 encounters with one lol) come next dragon in line for an “improvement”

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

The ’’Teqila’’ is a good boss there is no doubt about that.There is only one mistake with it.It either needs a lvl80 cap so he doesn’t scale up or to be put in a instance where the enviroment is perfectly controlled.
This fight needs good organising which can not happen in the open world.There is to much randomness thrown.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)