Let's Take a Vote

Let's Take a Vote

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

I have my very own suggestion on a vote and this is directly addressed to the maintainers of this forum:

- Please allow comment voting on your forum. As in user/poster rating. This way I’m pretty sure that both ArenaNet and the players (read CUSTOMERS) will benefit. Here’s how:

a. 1st of all ArenaNet will get yet another means of understanding what the “voice of the customer” is. Also, as in many cases there will be no more doubt if one customer’s opinion is a stranded, isolated one or, au contraire, is a shared opinion. The more “pro” or “against” votes on a post(er) will surely help clear the fog in front of ArenaNet’s eyes. For good.

The very same mechanics may leave some posters here (and maybe their wives) out of job. Starving children, of course might just follow the evidence of getting “disclosed” as a hired poster. Old players already know what I’m talking about. And of course, as opposed to point “a.”, the more “pro” or “against” votes on a post(er) will surely help clear the fog in front of some forum users eyes too. For good.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/03/turbine-raiders-make-up-the-smallest-player-group-in-lotro/#comments

You wouldnt want skewed views on things, now, would you?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

lmao. so basically people don’t like it. no matter how many crap you put there in your poll to make it less obvious, people still wants the change. it’s simple like that. i don’t know what kind of delusional pill you are taken daily, but some stuff needs to be fixed. trying to be THE hero of tyria by pressing 1 is not gona happen. only common peasant and lord farren did that. look at what random npc did, yep they smack button 1 when there’s random mobs attacking them.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

IMHO, revamping the whole leveling system was a good idea but poorly done.

If ANet fears new players have difficulty understanding the game, why not simply turn the first mission into a 1-man tutorial instance? Like

1. “Use [keys] to move to the character with a star above him.” Upon reaching him “Congrats!” °small amount of XP°
2. “Press [F] to interact.” Some blah blah later “Congrats!” °small amount of XP°
3. “Attack this enemy by pressing 1.” After the enemy’s death “Congrats!” °small amount of XP°
4. “Try attacking that stronger foe!” The enemy strikes the character down “Oh no! You have been downed! Fight with [ 1 ] to try to recover!” The enemy does not die “Why don’t you try [ 2 ]?” The enemy is interupted (or you are invulnerable as an elem) “Seems like it’s not enough, try skill [ 3 ]!” You kill the enemy and rally “Congrats!” °small amount of XP° “If you are downed with no enemies around, hold down [ 4 ], you will slowly heal yourself.”
5. “Kill another enemy.” “You have unlocked your second skill, try it!” “Congrats!” °small amount of XP°
6. “It is now time you kill your last opponent!” °end of mission 1°

Ta-da, you have now learnt in one mission while the devs thought you’d need 7 levels to understand which key to push!

While getting some rewards upon leveling, having incomplete bars for a longer time (and IMHO it was already long enough before) will not only teach people how to play, but they will know they don’t have to do much to win.

As stated before, they count revamp the first interaction with the scout, and maybe make it like a sub-mission! “What’s that square? Go check!” “You’ve unlocked a Point of Interest, congrats!” °small amount of XP + explanation on what PoI are°, same for vistas, nodes, skill challenges etc.

If they want to help new players, they should be more direct and not treat them like their parents rocked their cradle too close to a wall (dunno if the expression exist in English, sorry ^^). After all, now they are acting like they will hold the players’ hand to level 80. Aren’t we supposed to enjoy the game the way we see fit, without having to be treated like idiots?

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

It’s not really an accurate poll, considering that a lot of significant bugs are floating around the entire thing.

You mean like WvWvW mode being completely broken by Series 7

Yeah, I’d say that is significant.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

It’s simple, I will never level another alt and therefore I will never need another character slot. Good job guys, because I was a serious alt-o-holic, no more gems for character slots for me.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If ANet fears new players have difficulty understanding the game, why not simply turn the first mission into a 1-man tutorial instance? Like

I don’t think that is the entire reason.

I think Anet just push trait, or skills to unlock later so it “seemed” more rewarding to level up.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I think Anet just push trait, or skills to unlock later so it “seemed” more rewarding to level up.

It certainly is, however while it’s more rewarding it’s also more hindering playstyle-wise…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

The problem with doing any sort of poll on these forums is how heavily biased it will be -because- it’s on the forums.

It’s akin to going to a city that very heavily leans towards a certain political party, and polling the population on what their political affiliation is.
You’re going to get some very skewed results.

The only way any sort of poll like this could truly be accurate is if you could do it in the game… And we as players do not have the ability to do that.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

While thats true, we also have alot of different opinions on this forum.

And its not akin to that anology you made, because we’re disagreeing on many things

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Yes, and thats direct result of whining that “leveling is not rewading enough” and “it sucks because your character is complete by level 30” and “GW1 was so awsome and skill hunting was so awesome GW2 suxxorz (sponsored by GW1 lot)”

So yeah.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

All I am interested in this is how many people vote overall. That is a significant number.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

82% Don’t agree with the changes of that 37% Hate the Changes…

9% Are indifferent, and only 9% actually like the changes… According to these statistics they really made atleast 4x as many people upset than they made people happy with these changes.

I am extremely upset with these changes and have gone from playing an average of 6-8 hours a day to now barely even an hour… and I will not be buying anything in this game until this new leveling system is removed.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

adding limits to an already limiting experience is always a bad thing, don’t sugarcoat it and say only “some” changes are needed.
they need to completely change it so everything is there from point 1, i can understand the level limit of utility/elite skills like the way it has always bin but there is absolutely no reason for the limits set in the current system.

and don’t start with the “but new players” because we all were new players, never had any problem understanding the game, only have a problem with Anet’s thought pattern.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I think a better poll would be, from 1 (I hate it) to 10 (I love it!) how much do you like the New Player Experience?

Don’t see why include the iffy “with some adjustments” that is open to interpretation. Heck, you could go with 5 options: I love them, I like them, I’m indifferent, I dislike them, I hate them.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Funny the result matches pretty much what’s going on in chat channels in the game all over tyria. It’s what happens when you don’t have a PTR and you implement sweeping changes, and what’s sad is this isn’t the first time this has happened.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think a better poll would be, from 1 to 10 how much do you like the New Player Experience?

Don’t see why include the iffy “with some adjustments”.

Well it’s not iffy, because I included an option for people to say they don’t like it or they hate it. That’s plenty of opportunity to express displeasure.

One would think that if people want to see it adjusted, then they don’t actually dislike it, since those options exist.

The reason I included 2 negative options is because hate is a really strong word for some people and obviously some people really do hate it.

And we haven’t seen the fixes yet. It’s possible by the end of that that less people will hate/dislike it, or more people will like it.

My point remains it’s not the dire horrible thing that the forums made it out to be, even if some people do hate it.

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

Don’t see why include the iffy “with some adjustments” that is open to interpretation

Vague answers mean that you can interpret them however you want.

Not that I think Vayne is being dishonest or misleading. Nope. Not a chance.

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

Well it’s not iffy, because I included an option for people to say they don’t like it or they hate it. That’s plenty of opportunity to express displeasure.

One would think that if people want to see it adjusted, then they don’t actually dislike it

So, you think that people want things changed because they actually like it?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Let's Take a Vote

Wolfheart.1938

It is open to interpretation, which is exactly what a poll doesn’t want. How much is “some adjustments”, especially when taking into consideration people whose english isn’t that good?

You are asking people if they like the system as-is, no reason to include possible changes in the answer. Why are the examples I gave not better, clearer polls?

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

One would think that if people want to see it adjusted, then they don’t actually dislike it

So, you think that people want things changed because they actually like it?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Pretty disingenuous here. I like a lot of things that could be changed to be better. And there are a lot of things I see potential in that could be changed to be better.

I like my lounge room, but I think if we moved the computer desks to the other wall, it would be better. The thing is, in its current incarnation, some people can’t stand it and others can say, I see where Anet is doing, but it needs to be toned down a bit, or it needs to be switched around.

In other words they neither hate it or nor dislike it. They see that it could work with some changes.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

I take it that people want things changed because they actually dont’ like it. So that means very few actually like the change(in particular the unlock), and some just don’t care.

I’m sure many people do like the faster 1-15 level, and more rewards per level.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I take it that people want things changed because they actually dont’ like it. So that means very few actually like the change, and some just don’t care.

If you don’t like it why wouldn’t you just choose the option I don’t like it. The option is there. Presumably those who don’t feel they can choose that, choose it because they don’t dislike it.

Anyway there’ll be another poll when the changes show up, so it’s all moot anyway.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

I take it that people want things changed because they actually dont’ like it. So that means very few actually like the change, and some just don’t care.

If you don’t like it why wouldn’t you just choose the option I don’t like it. The option is there. Presumably those who don’t feel they can choose that, choose it because they don’t dislike it.

Anyway there’ll be another poll when the changes show up, so it’s all moot anyway.

I’m talking in particular the unlocks.

the change is slight anyway, so change it back slightly of course will make people happy.

of course people like the faster 1-15 level, and getting rewards per level.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

the change is slight anyway, so change it back slightly of course will make people happy.

It’s my experience that most people don’t hate the unlocks either. They don’t love them, but they can live with them. The rest of the changes compensate for the unlocks, that’s how I read it.

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

If you don’t like it why wouldn’t you just choose the option I don’t like it.

Because not all of the changes are bad.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

It’s my experience that most people don’t hate the unlocks either. They don’t love them, but they can live with them. The rest of the changes compensate for the unlocks, that’s how I read it.

that is a weird thing to say. They dont’ love them, but can live with them. You should just say they dislike it but don’t bother them that much.

You play with wording too much.

The patch won’t hurt new players that much, since they boost 1-15 level anyway. But anyone using a lvl20 scroll got hit it, since they’ll have much more level without utilities.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

that is a weird thing to say. They dont’ love them, but can live with them. You should just say they dislike it but don’t bother them that much.

You play with wording too much.

The patch won’t hurt new players that much, since they boost 1-15 level anyway. But anyone using a lvl20 scroll got hit it, since they’ll have much more level without utilities.

But dislike is active. In other words, the changes to leveling speed compensates enough where people just don’t care. They’re not disliking it.

They gave us an entire package. There was compensation in the package. Of course people only want good things, but seeing it as a package, it seems most people would be happy for an adjustment.

I still don’t see anyone who doesn’t like it not to choose that option.

Let's Take a Vote

Wolfheart.1938

You have yet to tell me why the examples I gave aren’t better polls. Not that I know much about them, so if anyone wants to teach me something he’s welcome.

Edit:
Also you said that there are about 20 people that hate the changes and are making a storm in a teapot. At this moment from your poll it shows that there are 290 votes for the “absolutely hate” option. Does your point still stand?

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

You have yet to tell me why the examples I gave aren’t better polls. Not that I know much about them, so if anyone wants to teach me something he’s welcome.

I didn’t say it isn’t a better poll. I’m simply telling you that this poll is done and we’ll do another one when the changes come in, with different options.

Not one time did you hear me say this poll is worded perfectly, or that anyone’s idea of how to improve it were wrong.

The only thing I’m arguing against is their intepretation of the results. It’s not like once the poll was posted you could edit it in the middle.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Yeah… I picked ’I’d like it if they made ‘some’ changes’ because I don’t like it but could if they fixed some of the glaring issues.

For instance meeting SP places before you can actually earn them (team or no team) and having to wait till 35 for the last utility and 40 for the elite. Also, not being able to toggle the PS off when exploring a map so you can have the compass guide you to unexplored/missed PoIs. Also the PS compass sends my Norn/Charr through level 40+ content to get to the level 20 story bits? What the kitten?

I can never use adrenaline (hammer) to hop from creature grouping to creature grouping because it starts decreasing the instant I kill the monster I’m fighting instead of the instant I’m actually out of combat (they over nerfed, like they always do. Instead they should have made it go away if I haven’t engaged another creature after 5 seconds). Can’t say if it’s the same issue with two bars of adrenaline since I’m not level whatever yet to find out.

Let's Take a Vote

Wolfheart.1938

I didn’t say it isn’t a better poll. (snip)

Then it is? Cool, we are making strides towards better polls.

Only thing that baffles me is how you didn’t see the issue when making it. I’m not a poll-guru and it took me 2 seconds to figure out a better alternative. Not that I’m inferring that you are purposefully vague, not at all. I would never dare suggest it.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

The poll is weird since last night, the poll start with most people just want slight change.

I dont’ know how the people hate it start piling up later.

the only change they made is put unlocks behind level. That is a slight change, of course slight change it back everyone will like it.

Of course people like the faster level and rewards per level.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

Then it is? Cool, we are making strides.

I don’t remember your specific suggestions, because it’s not my focus. However, yes, the poll needs to be reworded.

The next poll will probably be like

I like the new system.
I don’t like the new system.
I neither dislike or like the new system.

Something like that.

Let's Take a Vote

Wolfheart.1938

I have this terribly bad habit of posting and then editing more words in. Sorry about that, consider my posts answered Vayne.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

I don’t remember your specific suggestions, because it’s not my focus. However, yes, the poll needs to be reworded.

I like the new system.

Something like that.

why dont’ you just ask who like getting their skills/personal level/utility/traits level locked while leveling.

That is obvious because almost everyone don’t like it.

If you make another post about lvling faster and getting rewards, almost everyone like it.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m one of the people who picked the “would be ok with some adjustment” option and here’s why:

I do thing the very early game needed to be changed. I’ve seen many people in the Players Helping Players forum and in-game who didn’t know what to do or how certain mechanics worked. Even missing basic things like the fact that events replace many traditional quests.

So overall I think it’s a good idea to address that and some of the changes are a step in the right direction, like the Content Guide (aka compass, aka annoying arrow). I also think it’s a good idea to make levelling feel more rewarding and to introduce and explain mechanics as you go along.

But I also think there are some problems with it. The main one IMO being that the new system of unlocking mechanics goes too far, even with the increased levelling speed some things unlock very slowly. It’s also unfair to some professions who suffer far more without utilities, profession mechanics etc.

So I don’t completely hate the new system and I don’t necessarily want it scrapped all together, I think it could be ok if it was adjusted.

(Although if it had to be an all or nothing choice – if Anet said they can’t change the system but they can revert to the old one – I’d vote for that.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

LOL. Looks like the poll backfired on the OP.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This has been discussed to death on the forums now, Anet never go back on something they roll out, because as far as they are concerned they are right, and to bad for the players if they don’t like it, the update apparently was pushed at the audience Anet wants for this game, and screw everyone else, so bravo on that part.

The comment below was left on another forum I use in regards to the update, from what I can see there entire playbase from this other community has abandoned GW2 over the last year.

Level-locking the weapon skills is awful, you’re stuck with the same few skills until you hit level x now because it might overload your brain to unlock them all at once.

I hate being patronised in a game, and GW2 really treats you like a moron for the first 15 levels now.

From ANet:

“For example, rallying from the downed state can be overwhelming to a brand-new Guild Wars 2 player. We’ve moved the downed state to unlock at level five so players have time to learn the basics of combat before they experience this system”

Yes, I was completely ‘overwhelmed’ the first time I was ever downed. I didn’t get over it for weeks*****

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

After the patch, someone who’s better at question wording should make the poll. /ninja’d

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

I won’t say Anet is wrong. They seemed to like putting a bunch of unlocks so people “felt” like they get rewarded so they’ll keep playing. (especially for new people).

But it is really really really annoying. Most people playing alt will get so annoyed by it so some might not play because of it.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I like the new system.

Something like that.

why dont’ you just ask who like getting their skills/personal level/utility/traits level locked while leveling.

That is obvious because almost everyone don’t like it.

If you make another post about lvling faster and getting rewards, almost everyone like it.

Because it’s a package. Anet believes, and no one can prove otherwise at this time, that doing it like this will keep new players in the game longer. You can argue they’re wrong if you want, but they have tested it and we haven’t.

So to ask the question, would mean that you’re defeating part of the update. They didn’t do this update just to give you better rewards. They did it to keep new players playing longer, which they say this can do.

Taking out those changes would undo the update….or at least would put the reason for the update at risk.

No one is going to say I prefer being more limited and I’m pretty sure most people won’t say no to better leveling rewards. Not much of a poll.

The update is a package, you can’t pick and choose what you want from a package, because Anet has reasons for the changes they’ve made. The question has to be about the overall experience.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

LOL. Looks like the poll backfired on the OP.

Didn’t backfire at all, mate. Not even a tiny bit.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

Because it’s a package. Anet believes, and no one can prove otherwise at this time, that doing it like this will keep new players in the game longer. You can argue they’re wrong if you want, but they have tested it and we haven’t.

So to ask the question, would mean that you’re defeating part of the update. They didn’t do this update just to give you better rewards. They did it to keep new players playing longer, which they say this can do.

Taking out those changes would undo the update….or at least would put the reason for the update at risk.

No one is going to say I prefer being more limited and I’m pretty sure most people won’t say no to better leveling rewards. Not much of a poll.

The update is a package, you can’t pick and choose what you want from a package, because Anet has reasons for the changes they’ve made. The question has to be about the overall experience.

I dont’ understand the reasoning.

If people hate something from the game and like something from the game… dont’ it make sense to keep the things people like, and change the things people don’t?

So you’re saying Anet should add things people hate just because they added things people like?

If all Anet want to do is keep new players from being happy, they should consider trying to make veterans happy too…

I dont’ mind what Anet did for new players, but they should consider making some changes so people with multiple alts, wont’ be put behind such heavy unlock.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The new changes to leveling would be okay with some adjustment. By “some” I mean a lot.

^This. You couple the new leveling changes with the way the trait system is right now and it’s a messed up system. I hope everyone who likes the new leveling system can at least understand why there are those of us who find it frustrating and broken compared to what we had before.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You know Vayne I sometimes swear you are an Anet employee, I think that if Anet set fire to a box full of puppies ud find a good reason why they did it,

As you have played the game since launch im sure, do you really think that NA/EU are getting so many new players to the game that they did not understand the old levelling system? Keeping in mind apparently this game has a 13+ age on it, and most 13 yo’s now a days grew up in an era of smart phones/ tablets etc and some of the most advanced computer hardware in history,

We ALL know you love the update, you love the game, and you cannot accept that some people do not agree with that, but this update was not meant for NA/EU, and if it was truly meant 100% for “NEW” players then when they updated the client, anyone who had an account registered before 9/9/14 should have had the old system by default with the option for the new one, and any account made on 10/9/14 is automatically part of the new system.

I cannot get friends now to come play this game at all, they have read the other sites etc where its telling them the update is bad bad bad and they want no part of it, it seems really strange in a time where games come and go online a lot, that 1 with a decent community size that the mean devs seem hell bent on pushing us away.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I dont’ understand the reasoning.

If people hate something from the game and like something from the game… dont’ it make sense to keep the things people like, and change the things people don’t?

So you’re saying Anet should add things people hate just because they added things people like?

If all Anet want to do is keep new players from being happy, they should consider trying to make veterans happy too…

I dont’ mind what Anet did for new players, but they should consider making some changes so people with multiple alts, wont’ be put behind such heavy unlock.

No, I’m saying the entire change was made for a specific purpose. Anet has outlined that purpose for us. They told us why. They told us the way it was wasn’t working period. End of story. There’s no room to argue there.

Anet tested what would work better and came up with this. If 25% of the player base hates it and leaves, but more people take up the game on free weekends, it’ll probably be a decent deal over time for Anet. They’re a business. They don’t make changes to the game only because players like them. They make changes to the game to grow the game financially as well.

So you don’t get to pick and choose in this case. If you don’t like it, and Anet won’t modify it to your liking because they have other concerns than just what you like, you can choose to leave or you can choose to stay.

You can’t dictate terms based on just your likes and dislikes. It doesn’t work that way.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

You know Vayne I sometimes swear you are an Anet employee, I think that if Anet set fire to a box full of puppies ud find a good reason why they did it,

As you have played the game since launch im sure, do you really think that NA/EU are getting so many new players to the game that they did not understand the old levelling system? Keeping in mind apparently this game has a 13+ age on it, and most 13 yo’s now a days grew up in an era of smart phones/ tablets etc and some of the most advanced computer hardware in history,

We ALL know you love the update, you love the game, and you cannot accept that some people do not agree with that, but this update was not meant for NA/EU, and if it was truly meant 100% for “NEW” players then when they updated the client, anyone who had an account registered before 9/9/14 should have had the old system by default with the option for the new one, and any account made on 10/9/14 is automatically part of the new system.

I cannot get friends now to come play this game at all, they have read the other sites etc where its telling them the update is bad bad bad and they want no part of it, it seems really strange in a time where games come and go online a lot, that 1 with a decent community size that the mean devs seem hell bent on pushing us away.

Well you obviously didn’t read my comments against the trait system, which I didn’t like the implemetation of. I have no problems talking out against something I don’t like.

But I do think the community massively over-reacted to this patch, and I like the leveling better over all.

No, I don’t love being gated, but I’m through it so fast, I barely notice it. I like the level up rewards better. I like the personal story rewards better. And I’ve always disliked how disjointed the personal story is. This fixed it for me.

Just because I like something you don’t, doesn’t mean I don’t like other things. I don’t like the dungeons in the game, I don’t like the new trait system. There are things I don’t like.

This update isn’t one of them.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

There was no logical reason for anet to even bother changing something so meaningless to majority of this games current player base.

New players aren’t flocking to this game….and they certainly won’t be even with this change. How about they actually you know work on crap the actual playerbase has been complaining about for the past 2 years like fixing sPvP, WvW changes, actual content, not a cheesy kitten 2 hour bi-weekly episode story.

Here they are taking a years worth of testing and metrics to figure out “we should treat new players like new-born monkeys and hold their hands and give them candy every step of the way”

I don’t hate the patch, but I hate the fact anet has their priorities mixed up…just because you gave new players more excitement during 1-80, that means they won’t quit this game now lol?

newsflash, they will quit after they hit 80 because anet has yet to give meaningful changes to endgame…. sPvP is a farce and e-sports completely flopped. WvW has yet to see any big changes, PvE updates are purely LS…

You want to know why the player base keeps dropping? its not because of new players quitting and not staying… its because anet hasn’t given a kitten about their veteran players..more vets quit than new players join, that much I can tell.

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The new changes to leveling would be okay with some adjustment. By “some” I mean a lot.

^This. You couple the new leveling changes with the way the trait system is right now and it’s a messed up system. I hope everyone who likes the new leveling system can at least understand why there are those of us who find it frustrating and broken compared to what we had before.

I can understand why so many people are upset and I am being completely serious. Honestly I don’t like the way they locked all the skills and I’ve been very vocal about it in different topic posts. My only problem is some people making it seem like GW2 is going to blow up because of it and all of the I’m leaving topics that have been posted. I mean if your going to leave just leave if you don’t like it and want changes give constructive criticism but don’t make threats. :/

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

No, I’m saying the entire change was made for a specific purpose. Anet has outlined that purpose for us. They told us why. They told us the way it was wasn’t working period. End of story. There’s no room to argue there.

Anet tested what would work better and came up with this. If 25% of the player base hates it and leaves, but more people take up the game on free weekends, it’ll probably be a decent deal over time for Anet. They’re a business. They don’t make changes to the game only because players like them. They make changes to the game to grow the game financially as well.

So you don’t get to pick and choose in this case. If you don’t like it, and Anet won’t modify it to your liking because they have other concerns than just what you like, you can choose to leave or you can choose to stay.

You can’t dictate terms based on just your likes and dislikes. It doesn’t work that way.

Yes I have read what Anet wrote. My take is they “think” more new players will retain if they did it that way.

but does the new system work better for veterans? Especially those that already is accustomed for the old system?

quite honestly I dont’ know the answer. I think most people hate grind for legendary, but that is what many people end up doing.

veterans says they hate the unlocks, but will more of them actually want to level up alt? Maybe they’ll felt more rewarding so they’ll end up grind to 80? Apparently ANet think it works for new players. That is my question.

besides, anet already says they are going to make changes to traits for veterans with multiple alts. I’m not sure what Anet will do.

(edited by laokoko.7403)