Let`s speculate

Let`s speculate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

What interesting features do you think the features update that we will get in 2 months will have?
Personally i HOPE we will get a form of housing either personal or guild halls and also some good bug fixes!

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I don’t imagine..by now I learnt to expect this: nothing they promised they would add, everything they promised this game would NOT have, like geargrind, just saying.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Let`s speculate

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I think we’ll definitely see the the craftable precursors (since that was one of the things that got pushed back).

Possibly some polish to the TP as well, here’s to hoping.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

I see, im disappointed too with almost every decision they took the last months but my last hopes are in this update if i get disappointed again well good think they will be new MMOs coming out around this time. Thats why i made this thread to see what we should hoping for

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

What I hope to see:
-Condition cap removed
-At least 1 new weapon for each class
-The beginning of meaningful PVE (separate PVP/PVE, remove Defiant, etc)
-At least 2 new utility skills for each class, or a complete Elite skill rebalance.
-A new explorable zone
-More Elder Dragon story.

What I expect to see:
-A new RNG box added to the gem store.
-A new daily-capped currency type.
-Something vaguely resembling what has been asked for (example: Guild halls) but not actually what anyone wants (no useful function to it) that simultaneously requires a massive grind (like the new currency).
-More Scarlet.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Interesting Features

Then again you never know.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think Scarlet will marry Trahearne just so that they can have kids who will carry on the tradition of annoying us all for many, many, many more years to come.

What I hope for: Tommygun, make it happen! If not, see my sig.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I would like to contribute but I keep getting infractions lol
Honestly at this point I don’t hope for anything. I just wait and see what happens. I can expect to buy alot more gems though :P

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m hoping some form of GUI for the commander tag options to make it more functional then it is now.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Listen. Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content? Did you guys set the bar too high last time or what?

In two months we’d better be sailing ships into Cantha. Zhaitan is dead; the path is open. Let’s go already.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

-Something vaguely resembling what has been asked for (example: Guild halls) but not actually what anyone wants (no useful function to it)

Guild halls aren’t implemented yet because they don’t want people just sitting afk in them after there implemented as it takes away from the “social” crap or something along those lines or simply Guild vs Guild will be yelled for until its implemented and not being vaguely the same as it was in gw1 and then be hounded for it.

Keep in mind that if we do get guild halls they’ll more than likely have crafting stations, a trading post, a bank and numerous other crap that will probably have to spend influence to get.

Guild halls are something they’ve said they would get to “eventually” but it’s more or less at the bottom of the barrel.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I am going to expect nothing tangible since their track record has pushed my bar of expectations that low.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Is anyone even surprised at this point? This game is a sequel in name only. Hardly any mechanics carried over.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Moderator)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings all. While we do not mind respectful criticism, personal attacks and derogatory comments directed at our staff will not be tolerated. Please stay on-topic and respectful. Here is a good guide to giving feedback: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Kaiiku.2917

Kaiiku.2917

I just want to see any of the following:

1. New level cap, potentially signifying new explorable area. However, make sure to make ascended and legendary-level gear immediately reach that new cap.
2. Death of Scarlet as well as progression in the storyline and living world, possibly meaning moving out of Tyria, or exploring more of it?
3. New ways (that aren’t RNG-based) to acquire precursor weapons, or eventually precursors period for whatever other legendary they come up with.
4. Polishing and improving TP. The “error has occured” bug when selling is a pain when you wanna sell off all your dungeon goodies.
5. Increase in Fractals of the Mists level cap, as well as even more new fractals! (Fall of Abbadon anyone?)
6. More implication of Evon and Kiel in the LS, or eventually maybe the personal story?
7. New utility skills, or even elite skills, for each profession.
8. In link to 7, maybe access to another weapon per profession?
9. In link to 8, maybe a new profession (if they add explorable zones, or increase the cap, it would make sense with the story).
10. In link to 9, maybe a new playable race? (Tengu maybe?)

Then again, I’ve actually been very happy with the 2-week releases. Albeit not much is permanent, the game has come quite a long way, so good job to the developers!
Account Wallet and LFG were much needed, and they’re great!
Now, time for the innovations to kick in!

Merry Wintersday, and let’s hope for an amazing 2014!

~ Kaiiku Yintro: 80 Human Warrior ~
~ Kira Yintro: 80 Human Mesmer ~
- Yak’s Bend -

Let`s speculate

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I am going to expect nothing tangible since their track record has pushed my bar of expectations that low.

+1

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

What I hope to see:
-Condition cap removed
-At least 2 new utility skills for each class, or a complete Elite skill rebalance.
-A new explorable zone

What I expect to see:
-Something vaguely resembling what has been asked for (example: Guild halls) but not actually what anyone wants (no useful function to it) that simultaneously requires a massive grind (like the new currency).
-More Scarlet.

Lol I agree with all of this (-_-)
ALso I really don1t like “2 weeks plan” because most of times we get only new achievments and some stupied Scarlet story. I can remember only 4-5 good releases this year…everything else – trash.
I wanna to see 1 or 2 months content release but good and solid with challenge and something new…

(edited by Deathmond.7328)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

In 2months time we’ll all still be farming silk, linen, iron ore, platinum, silver, gold…

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What interesting features do you think the features update that we will get in 2 months will have?
Personally i HOPE we will get a form of housing either personal or guild halls and also some good bug fixes!

Don’t count on housing or guild halls. Those will take a LOT of art work, even if done half-kittened. Expect to hear about them WELL before they hit. If they’re smart, they’ll get some specific ideas and feedback from the players before they make them, instead of spending time making something and throwing it out there and hoping we like it (see: Scarlet Briar).

What do I expect? One “new” weapon per class, with some of the base animations lifted from other classes. (Let’s be honest, there’s only so many ways to swing an axe.) A development towards new legendaries, possibly precursors for legendary armor. The end of the Scarlet invasions (if the story arc is over, they shouldn’t continue). And some final change to Kessex Hills, again reflecting the end of the story arc.

I expect the change to Kessex to make it into the go-to place for a new champion train, and for the champions in Queensdale to get nerfed. That way, they allow people to continue the champ train with little inconvenience, but move it out of the starting zone.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I’d like to see, in no order…

• Right click options for mini’s that include ‘Activate minipet when changing zones’ and ‘Lock minipet to inventory’’
  • Wider FoV
  • Clipping issues worked on, not every single one but some are truly terrible and deserve attention.
  • New armour and weapons that are obtainable by the average joe and not locked behind a wall of tedium or only in the cash shop
  • Living Story with achievements instead of achievements with a Living Story
  • TP with more options eg. selectable armour type, medium, heavy etc.

I’ve posted others in other threads that I’d like more but nothing happened with them so now I just think of things that I’d like in the game just to amuse myself :P

Let`s speculate

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

Considering that we still have features that they promised in the pre launch blog posts(that were taken down almost as soon as the game launched) that we still do not have to this day……..I just don’t know what to say.

Let`s speculate

sonicwhip.9052

What I hope to see:
-Condition cap removed
-A new explorable zone

What I expect to see:
-More Scarlet.

Lol I agree with all of this (-_-)
ALso I really don1t like “2 weeks plan” because most of times we get only new achievments and some stupied Scarlet story. I can remember only 4-5 good releases this year…everything else – trash.
I wanna to see 1 or 2 months content release but good and solid with challenge and something new…

Yes…..new content releases are suppose to be about quality not quantity but since this game has almost zero longevity, combined with non existent end game they need faster updates to keep people from leaving during the time between updates.
But unfortunately the fast updates create a new problem of its own were it is rushed buggy content that can be finished in less than half an hour.

I am starting to think that maybe a subscription based payment is now the best option for an mmo but the smart thing for a new mmo is to make it lower than $15…maybe around $10.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

All I want for Christmas/New Years is dyeable weapons :-(

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Let`s speculate

sonicwhip.9052

The only wish I have for 2014 regarding this game is that they announce an expansion pack which is heavily focused on elder dragon lore and heavy ties to GW1 characters and story(gwen,etc).
I believe an expansion is possibly the only thing that can save the game when all these new mmo’s begin to launch in 2014.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

In two months we’d better be sailing ships into Cantha. Zhaitan is dead; the path is open. Let’s go already.

There will be a ship for Cantha.
But it will be a RNG ship, with 0,00000001% to actually deliver you there.
Otherwise you’ll end up either in a Queensdale Champ train or in a Frostgorge Sound one.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

The only wish I have for 2014 regarding this game is that they announce an expansion pack which is heavily focused on elder dragon lore and heavy ties to GW1 characters and story(gwen,etc).
I believe an expansion is possibly the only thing that can save the game when all these new mmo’s begin to launch in 2014.

Gwen? Gwen is dead. GW2 is hundreds of years after the events that happened during GW1. This means there is not going to be playable content between now and then. There are three books out there that pretty much tell you what happened between GW1 and GW2. Read a book.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I would like that as well, but for my part, if an expansion was announced and the hype train would start all over again, I would have a bad taste already from how little they’ve done to make the game I expected. I would expect the expansion to be more of the same philosophy, when it’s exactly the core philosophy that is troubling me now. Before I would buy an expansion, I would want to see a change of direction in the main game.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

What I hope for:

Defiant stack reduction to a less absurd level
Better player scaling for Tequatl so it’s not another zergfest – so it can be done with 10 players, but still provide some challenge for a zerg of 100. You know. Scale the random mobs around. Tweak his HP.
Give better rewards for partial completion (read: timeout-fail) of world bosses.
Allowing players to carry 15 supply instead of 10 when the EBG/Borderland is Outmanned.
Elementalist scepter autoattack for water and lightning buffed to a somewhat less useless level.
Mesmer scepter autoattack to be buffed to a less useless level.
Elementalist focus 5 fire aura to be buffed. Lower cooldowns. Greater aura duration. AoE fury. Something.
Warrior axe sets, etc to be buffed so the GS spam can be somewhat reduced.
Ranger sword skill to not launch players off cliffs – limit its range like mesmer leaps are.
Elementalist earth shield and flame axe conjurations to be somewhat less useless so I have a reason to use something other than lightning hammer and frost bow all the time.
Thief signet (the +% damage for kittens one) to have a less nonsensical active effect. Y’know, something that actually gives me a reason to activate it.
Thief stealth durations to be cut further to stop permastealth spam.
Thief damage multipliers to be increased, especially in less useful weapon sets (read, not dagger/pistol) to make them more viable.
Reversion of the thief sword skill nerf that was really unnecessary.
New guardian swiftness utility skill.
New mesmer swiftness utility skill.
Warning upon purchasing ANY ascended ring from any source that if a player owns two of the same type of ring, they cannot be equipped at the same time. I’ve heard enough complaints in Lion’s Arch.
Account bound WXP.
Improved Commander tag functionality, and requirement to pay X amount of world badges to buy one.
Fixing bugs in CoFp2 (magg not running), Molten Facility fractal (tests not starting AND progress disallowed after looting final chest).
Reduction of number of mobs in Arah so it’s not a run-past-everything lolsellfinalboss affair like it is at present. The idea that a dungeon completion is sold is repugnant to me.
A campaign to take down Kralkatorrik once and for all as the highlight of 2014, culminating in a group dungeon similar to Arah, consisting of only lvl 80 story quests, where Destiny’s Edge fights by your side, and Trahearne nobly gives his life for the cause. Because we want him dead. With the final reward of being able to use Caladbolg with all its skills (as per the Sylvari storyline) on any class as a ‘token untradeable Legendary weapon’. ^^

And most of all:

FIXING THAT ANNOYING BUG WHERE YOUR NON-INSTACAST SKILLS ARE ALL LOCKED OUT AT RANDOM

I mean, having it locked by another skill is bad enough. Having it locked by an environmental weapon pickup is downright deadly to a conjuration elementalist – when you’re locked in a place where you can’t fall from height to knock yourself down/get an enemy to knock you down, you’re pretty much screwed.

What I expect:

Conclusion of the Scarlet series and tying her in to the main storyline.
Legendary armor set with unique looks, same stats as Ascended, but the ability to switch.
Precursor crafting at lvl 500 of each profession for an obscene amount of materials.
Probably involving all that rare tier 2-5 slivers/cores whatever that don’t normally have that much of a use other than being upped or runecrafting.
Fractal max level increase to 70.
Crash in the price of Sentinel equipment.
Account bound WXP.
Ascended tier runes/sigils/gems with lvl 80 req that require 500 jewelcrafting to make.
Ascended tier food with lvl 80 req that require 500 cooking to make. Probably some will give additional Agony resist, and others may give WvW defense/attack% bonuses. The recent lvl 450 consumables is a clear sign.
A new storyline with some other random new villain to get people to play through more living story quests.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Gwen? Gwen is dead. GW2 is hundreds of years after the events that happened during GW1. This means there is not going to be playable content between now and then. There are three books out there that pretty much tell you what happened between GW1 and GW2. Read a book.

Yes Gewn is dead, but EotN is still way up north in ruins, they could easily have pushed a story line into the north of the map in which we aim to rebuild it etc etc, there are dungeons, ( not everyone wants to read a book ) if they didn’t want any links between the 2 games they should not have called it GW2, there are massives of the map that are unused, Mag’s Jungle ( original one ) C/Desert etc etc,

I don’t really expect anything major at this point anymore, they will take the game in the direction they want too, all the questions that people have from following the first game have will go unanswered, and the truth is there are some pretty impressive MMO coming to the market in 2014, and the delaying etc that is being put into GW2 will take effect then, I have many friends who have abandoned this game already for others, and many more planning it for 2014.

This is/was a great game, and had a lot of potential but too many questions go left unanswered, and being told to go read a book isn’t really a good answer.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I don’t imagine..by now I learnt to expect this: nothing they promised they would add, everything they promised this game would NOT have, like geargrind, just saying.

^This. Every update for me has been so underwhelming. The Dec10 update was another nail in coffin and with new mmos on the horizon in 2014 I’ll be leaving GW2 if i’m continuously disappointed with every update.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I came here hoping to read some great news from the red banner post….

Man was I disappointed.

What I hope for:
- Weapon dyes
- Dead scarlet
- Less grind
- Commander tag can be customized to be your guild symbol
- ^ or Customized commander tag colours
- The story focusing on the established lore, and not new made up garbage
- Non Trebuchet siege to be small red dots on the map. This would help your server to refresh siege instead of losing it for no reason, and to help new players to use siege when being attacked.

- ’Bull’s charge’ being fixed to not fly past the target
- ‘Rush’ being fixed to actually hit your target instead of the 98% fail rate it now possesses.

What I expect to see:
- The complete opposite, and more over priced gem store peddling.
- More frustrating time gated content
- More scarlet (sigh)

Let`s speculate

sonicwhip.9052

I don’t mean to bring her back into the future I mean to make the new story bring up the past and all the old characters where this game can get back to its roots and its focus on elder dragons instead of inventing brand new characters that nobody cares about like Scarlet.
We could also time travel and maybe play as Gwen and other characters or something if an expansion is ever made.
They could also reveal more information and plot twists about all these old GW1 characters and the things they did before their deaths.
The story of Gwen in GW1 how the players have known her as a little girl and see her escape from Charr imprisonment has captivated and gotten the attention of a lot of players but this new story of the Scarlet character just leaves everyone bored.
An expansion pack should put the focus back on the story that people loved.

(edited by sonicwhip.9052)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content?

+1

I don’t expect anything because what Anet delivered until now is very thin and if in doubt its Scarlet hihihuhuhoho diediedie kiddy fluffy rainbow unicorn my little pony gemstore progression spamfest wannabe “mmo” whatever and bye.

Good thing there’s the holiday sale on steam right now and I already got a good bunch of games….money Anet will never see.

This won’t end well…

Let`s speculate

sonicwhip.9052

Listen. Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content? Did you guys set the bar too high last time or what?

There must have been some huge change in the dev team or something between GW1 and now.
I heard when GW2 released they put some former nexon person who never even played GW1 or knows anything about the story to some high up position and make important design decisions.

Let`s speculate

sonicwhip.9052

Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content?

+1

I don’t expect anything because what Anet delivered until now is very thin and if in doubt its Scarlet hihihuhuhoho diediedie kiddy fluffy rainbow unicorn my little pony gemstore progression spamfest wannabe “mmo” whatever and bye.

Good thing there’s the holiday sale on steam right now and I already got a good bunch of games….money Anet will never see.

Yep….steam sale and the Playstation Network ps3 store has already gotten alot of my money.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

+1

Yep….steam sale and the Playstation Network ps3 store has already gotten alot of my money.

I’ve been luckier… Got into Wildstar beta so i have plenty of stuff to play!

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Don’t be too harsh on Anet, they’ve delivered a great game and are daring to try something new.

GW2 ultimately has some flaws, the beautiful PvE world feels empty once you have repeated the dungeons a few times (it lacks reasons to explore), WvW is too repetitive also, lacks content and the GvG mode and Guild Halls are missing.

They have made some great and unexpected content (like SAB) which for some marketing decision keeps getting removed from the game.

What I hope for is an PvE world expansion with the addition of GvG and the return of all the content that was removed.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

What I hope for is an PvE world expansion with the addition of GvG and the return of all the content that was removed.

I wonder… are you REALLY interested in playing prior Living World content, or are you simply more comforted with the idea of being ABLE to play it even though you probably won’t? I see the latter with MMO players quite a bit across many games… they lose their minds over any change to prior content, even though next to no one actually plays it.

Company: “We are changing [x]!”
Players: “No! Don’t change [x]! How dare you!”
Company: “But you don’t ever play it.”
Players: “Well, no… but we want to stay as is for… reasons.”
Newbie: “Anyone want to do [x]?”
Players: “Go away noob. No one wants to do that. It’s boring.”
Company: [goes cross-eyed]

There hasn’t been much of anything presented by the living story that I’d consider “must play.” It’s largely been throwaway stuff… busy work… much less anything that I’d want to do again and again.

I mean, sure… I don’t think it would hurt to have some sort of “historian” character that would allow you to experience some of the pertinent details of living stories prior… but I also don’t think the world is particularly damaged with it buried in the past.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I personally would like to see :

New skills – more diverse skills and possibly even new weapons for the classes that already exist.

New weapon SKINS and new armor skins. Preferably bring back some of the GW1 skins that people love. And decent new ones ( looking with a stare of disappointment at you ascended armor)

Capes

Guild Halls and some form of GvG.

The return of elite areas – FOTM is a great start but I still want to see how UW and FOW look after 250 years. Those places were just TOO awesome to just leave out of the game. Same goes for Realm of Torment.

Rebuilding our Hall of Monuments. Was just there recently and I checked it out in both GW1 and GW2. It NEEDS a chance to be rebuilt do its older glory.

I expect ( and hope) that no level cap will be raised and no more vertical progression will come. I think we’ve all had enough of that with all the ascended.

New areas would be great – and I’m sure they’ll be coming. I miss the crystal deset and other areas in the Maguma wastes.

These are just a few things – i’ll edit and expand the list later!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Let`s speculate

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

What I’d like to see is moot.

What we will get are changes to things we didn’t ask for, with no explanation as to why they were changed, or if the change was intentional and whether it will be changed back.

Let`s speculate

chemiclord.3978

As for GvG… I don’t think we’ll really see it’s own game mode like we did in GW1.

The ability to be in multiple guilds (and switch them pretty much on the fly) would make a fully independent GvG mode ripe for abuse, win trading, spying, etc… especially if there were any significant rewards tied to it.

People longing for GvG I think are just going to have to accept that your little corner of the Obsidian Sanctum is the best you can hope to get with the game as it is.

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

Funny thing i made this post to speculate what we might see in the next patches and all i see is : “Anet is bad i expect nothing”

Let`s speculate

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

+1

I’ve been luckier… Got into Wildstar beta so i have plenty of stuff to play!

You lucky kitten! I’m so jealous!!!

Let`s speculate

chemiclord.3978

Funny thing i made this post to speculate what we might see in the next patches and all i see is : “Anet is bad i expect nothing”

You shouldn’t be surprised.

Official forums of any game tend to be dens for the dissatisfied and the enraged. They think they’re being clever with their passive-aggressive trolling.

Humor them.

What I suspect we will see:

- A couple new zones (probably in the Maguuma Jungle), corresponding with the next chapter in the living story dealing with Mordramoth, the jungle dragon.

- Craftable precursors (whether of existing ones or for entirely new legendaries, I couldn’t say).

- More add-ons for your “home” instance (though full customization will remain a dream never to be realized).

- Improved guild interface (but no GvG).

- Quality of Life improvements (but no fully customizable UI).

- A new dungeon, maybe two, and a handful of new fractal zones (though no 10+ “raid” instances).

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

You shouldn’t be surprised.

Official forums of any game tend to be dens for the dissatisfied and the enraged. They think they’re being clever with their passive-aggressive trolling.

Humor them.

What I suspect we will see:

- A couple new zones (probably in the Maguuma Jungle), corresponding with the next chapter in the living story dealing with Mordramoth, the jungle dragon.

- Craftable precursors (whether of existing ones or for entirely new legendaries, I couldn’t say).

- More add-ons for your “home” instance (though full customization will remain a dream never to be realized).

- Improved guild interface (but no GvG).

- Quality of Life improvements (but no fully customizable UI).

- A new dungeon, maybe two, and a handful of new fractal zones (though no 10+ “raid” instances).

Thanks for your contribution!
Although one comment that i have to do im not considering these opinions as “trolls” people are disappointed indeed and people i know WILL leave if nothing good happens in gw2. But i havent lost my faith in Anet, not yet.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Any news of reducing particle effects or UI customization?

Let`s speculate

chemiclord.3978

Although one comment that i have to do im not considering these opinions as “trolls” people are disappointed indeed and people i know WILL leave if nothing good happens in gw2. But i havent lost my faith in Anet, not yet.

If I didn’t see it in official forums of pretty much every game I’ve ever played (or even in ANY creative medium), I’d be more worried about these dissatisfied masses and the state of the game they’re kittening on.

As it is… this forum is NOTHING out of the ordinary.

Let`s speculate

Paul.4081

If I didn’t see it in official forums of pretty much every game I’ve ever played (or even in ANY creative medium), I’d be more worried about these dissatisfied masses and the state of the game they’re kittening on.

As it is… this forum is NOTHING out of the ordinary.

A lot of people complain because they want to see the game improve and get more people in (myself included). I didn’t spend 5 years in GW1 just to bash GW2 for the hell of it. It seems at the moment ANet are bailing water into a sinking vessel rather than out of at times though.

In an alternate universe I’d love to read the forums if ANet followed the manifesto to the letter, I wonder what the complaints would be like there?

Let`s speculate

chemiclord.3978

In an alternate universe I’d love to read the forums if ANet followed the manifesto to the letter, I wonder what the complaints would be like there?

I think you’d see a 404 error; as GW2 would be shut down because the GW1 veterans alone weren’t enough to financially support the game.

I wonder how many people realize just how bad the retention rate of this game before the Living Story and vertical progression was introduced. From the devs I’ve talked to, in November of 2012 Guild Wars 2 was quickly approaching dire straits.

It’s something that supports my antecedotal evidence, so I’m inclined to believe it. For others who had a different experience, I guess I have to accept that opinion.

If there’s one thing I would hope everybody understands, it’s this: Developers at Arena.net didn’t gather up in a meeting one morning in late 2012 and said, “Ya know, all of our hardcore fans that supported us the last 8 years over two games? Kitten them. We hate them. Let’s completely go back on our word and make them cry. Because we hate them now. Truly.”

Their manifesto was largely rejected by the MMO market; just like everyone else who tried to change the game too much all at once. There’s a REASON games in this genre tends to drift towards the “WoW Clone” label… and that’s because it’s what the players want. It’s where the money is. And Arena.net (just like every other game developer) is in the business of making money.

Personally, the argument that I think we should be having is, “Did Guild Wars 2 really NEED to try and expand the niche they had established?” Personally, I don’t think so, and trying to do so was a mistake. But it’s a mistake the developers of this game have to run with at this point. They’ve already committed to the larger company and larger expenses. Now they have to make the best of it.

Let`s speculate

Paul.4081

You know what, I had this whole big long speech reply typed out then I realised. It’s Christmas Day (well, Boxing Day now lol). I don’t think any of what either of us says matters anyway.

Happy Christmas.