Let`s speculate

Let`s speculate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QualityApproved.1286

QualityApproved.1286

Things I would like to see:

-Hotkeys for quick out-of-combat pre-set utility swapping.

-New WvWvW ppt setup, taking towers/keeps with the enemy bailing when the walls/gates are down is getting boring.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY…

-Annoying bugs fixed that affect your everyday life. For example the tp bug that makes you get out of it and re-enter to sell, the weapon testing fractal that does not let you continue, and broken armor runes that do not let you get your full potential out of your build.

I have been playing this game since head-start, and still find that there is a LOT to do in this game, but feel frustrated at all the little things that do not work or little things that could be put-in to make the game run more smoothly. It would make the game overall more enjoyable.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

^That^ plus i would like to have 1-2 templates to switching traits from WvW to PvE

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

Brilliant idea. Add trait swapping to that too.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

guild halls mouts raids healing

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

Listen. Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content? Did you guys set the bar too high last time or what?

In two months we’d better be sailing ships into Cantha. Zhaitan is dead; the path is open. Let’s go already.

We’ve also had Sorrow’s Furnace arrive just 5 months after release, which, IMO, is far better than any of the GW2 updates so far.

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

Listen. Two months from now will be about a year and a half from release. A year and a half after GW1 release, we already had Factions and Nightfall. That’s two new continents, four new classes, two new skillsets for all classes, new PvP modes, two entirely new stories, multiple elite dungeons, and bunches of other things. At near the same point in GW2 we’ve got…Southsun? Fractals? Temporary content? Did you guys set the bar too high last time or what?

In two months we’d better be sailing ships into Cantha. Zhaitan is dead; the path is open. Let’s go already.

We’ve also had Sorrow’s Furnace arrive just 5 months after release, which, IMO, is far better than any of the GW2 updates so far.

Also Anet has know 300+ ppl working on Gw2, while for Gw1 they had only 50! yeah pretty shocking statistic…

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Also Anet has know 300+ ppl working on Gw2, while for Gw1 they had only 50! yeah pretty shocking statistic…

ANET are zerging GW2 with 300+ blobbers, but for GW1 they were using quality open field fighters.

I do not expect anything new in two months.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Heres what 2014 will bring

10 new skins from black lion tickets
More rng fun!
craftable precursors but the items you need for them are rng based! Yay!
ascended armor made from 2-3% to 6-8% effectiveness….sike this is gw2
preview of guild halls december 10, 2014
preview of new dragon story december 10, 2014
preview of new weapons december 10, 2014
1 new utility for every class you will never use december 10, 2014
’’balance’’ patches
5 min instance of a month long LS
more scarlet
warrior new heal made better preview december 10, 2014
rush/bulls rush and other skills patch preview december 10, 2014
0.0000001% less rng
necro terror opness gettin rework december 10, 2014 then suddenly its lost
arah made so hard that its undoable! Exiciting!

On the serious side
all world bosses will give 1 extra blue
random invisible immobilize while walkin with no one around issue patch preview december 10, 2014
dodge and spin camera to go oppisite way then camera flips back for yolo mode bug fix preview december 10, 2014
eles and guards finely are able to deal dmg while not going full zerker like other classes preview december 10, 2014

I love you anet but plz stahp dis.

almost forgot
Mounts preview december 10, 2014 but suddenly no because forumwarriors.
pve dueling preview december 10, 2014

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

I know is mean but i cant stop laughing with that^

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

More rng fun!
preview of new dragon story december 10, 2014…

Wow… this looks realistic… you must have inside info!

Let`s speculate

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I would deeply like to see at some point in the future a customized HuD to avoid this sort of scenerio.

In a game based on animation..a picture of fire shaman sitting directly over fire shaman so you can’t see fire shamans animations.

Attachments:

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Only thing you can expect 100% sure for 2014 is the usual “we can’t hear you over the sound our awesomeness” blog post, full of promises wich most of them will never make into the game, and probably another “expansion worth of content”.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

Guild alliances/Alliance chat

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I predict gw2 expansion in fall 2014!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Let`s speculate

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

In an alternate universe I’d love to read the forums if ANet followed the manifesto to the letter, I wonder what the complaints would be like there?

If there’s one thing I would hope everybody understands, it’s this: Developers at Arena.net didn’t gather up in a meeting one morning in late 2012 and said, “Ya know, all of our hardcore fans that supported us the last 8 years over two games? Kitten them. We hate them. Let’s completely go back on our word and make them cry. Because we hate them now. Truly.”

Their manifesto was largely rejected by the MMO market; just like everyone else who tried to change the game too much all at once. There’s a REASON games in this genre tends to drift towards the “WoW Clone” label… and that’s because it’s what the players want. It’s where the money is. And Arena.net (just like every other game developer) is in the business of making money.

I think people are just angry that they marketed the game as grind-free, sold tons of units based on that premise, and then were already planning the massive grind that is Ascended gear before the game was even launched.

This game was not a Guild Wars game even at launch, one can’t accurately judge how successfull a modern Guild Wars game would be because Guild Wars 2 is not it.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

In an alternate universe I’d love to read the forums if ANet followed the manifesto to the letter, I wonder what the complaints would be like there?

I think you’d see a 404 error; as GW2 would be shut down because the GW1 veterans alone weren’t enough to financially support the game.

I wonder how many people realize just how bad the retention rate of this game before the Living Story and vertical progression was introduced. From the devs I’ve talked to, in November of 2012 Guild Wars 2 was quickly approaching dire straits.

It’s something that supports my antecedotal evidence, so I’m inclined to believe it. For others who had a different experience, I guess I have to accept that opinion.

If there’s one thing I would hope everybody understands, it’s this: Developers at Arena.net didn’t gather up in a meeting one morning in late 2012 and said, “Ya know, all of our hardcore fans that supported us the last 8 years over two games? Kitten them. We hate them. Let’s completely go back on our word and make them cry. Because we hate them now. Truly.”

Their manifesto was largely rejected by the MMO market; just like everyone else who tried to change the game too much all at once. There’s a REASON games in this genre tends to drift towards the “WoW Clone” label… and that’s because it’s what the players want. It’s where the money is. And Arena.net (just like every other game developer) is in the business of making money.

Personally, the argument that I think we should be having is, “Did Guild Wars 2 really NEED to try and expand the niche they had established?” Personally, I don’t think so, and trying to do so was a mistake. But it’s a mistake the developers of this game have to run with at this point. They’ve already committed to the larger company and larger expenses. Now they have to make the best of it.

Over 7 Million copies of GW1 sold. GW2 currently stands around 3.5 Million copies sold.

An impressive stat on both games, but if GW2 were an initial release with no previous knowledge or backing of a game with over 7 million sold, I’d guess GW2 would be half or less of 3.5million.

To say GW1 Vets don’t hold any player base is untrue, many of the players who initially purchased GW2 (2.5 million copies within a month of release), were GW1 players, including myself. Many have since left however.

Just to add a few hardboiler points, GW1 is one of the best selling RPG Online Multiplayer game to date, even ranking among top PC games to be produces.

I understand why ArenaNet critiques GW1, and also respect players who disliked GW1. But the point is the game held and still holds a stable playerbase.

As far as the Manifesto goes, it was designed to appeal to players, and it did, which is why it is still brought to discussion over a year later.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

We need some UI customization.

I know that I haven’t killed Zhaitan. I will never kill Zhaitan. I don’t need a constant reminder of my failings, mocking me from the top-right corner of my screen.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I know that I haven’t killed Zhaitan. I will never kill Zhaitan. I don’t need a constant reminder of my failings, mocking me from the top-right corner of my screen.

Oh my god YES! Hah.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• GW1 UI: you can customize practically every part of it.
  • GW2 UI: you can customize practically none of it.

Why?

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

i just hope with future fractal they dont make necessary farm agony resistance…

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Vetrie.7804

Vetrie.7804

Personally, from what I had seen playing this game since beta I dont expect much. I played and still play alot of MMOs and the updates in gw2 compared to other MMO updates are really small. I dont know whats going on with this GW2 team, not going to judge anyone, but how the hell did GW1 team make so much awesome updates and expansions in such a short time with only around 50 people working on that??

For me a huge feature update would be a new map with new things, improved events or smth, new skills, new dungeons + armor sets and weapons ( NOT FROM GEM STORE!!) and bug fixing.

But for Anet, replacing 1 deungeon path is a really huge update xD So yeah, I cant expect that ^^

Let`s speculate

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

• GW1 UI: you can customize practically every part of it.
  • GW2 UI: you can customize practically none of it.

Why?

Because we are revolutionizing the genre

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

- id love they’d fix underwater combat in a way that makes it fun to do, and then add it to wvw or spvp or both :P (give all skills a underwater variety and all underwater weapons an above water variety)
- i also love more guild related activities
- more skills for all classes (build variety+)
- more dyes (glamour+)
- different spvp modes (i hated capture points way before gw2, and still do)
- a system that balances material prices to what anet intends for them to be (the higher the price difference the more quantity of mats you get for every node, or something similar)
- different trait builds saved on one character, maybe even each with its own set of gear etc..
- guild halls (i find it really weird this does not exist yet considering the overflow system works so similar, same basic location but with different groups of people, and guild unlocks decide whats what)
- make dungeons and fractals work like max 5 people overflow servers, so people don’t get kicked when the starter guy leaves (bug still in game after sooo long..)
- different guaranteed ways to get precursors (but still very hard to do) (been datamined but still not in game so i thought id put it in here anyway)
- more different dailies and more permanent dailies (crafting permanent daily would be great in my case, daily leveler also seems like something you could do every day)
- max daily achievement points to 5 each day OR make a daily meta achievement for 5 points which requires 5 dailies which each give no points.
- make living story less about single characters that change the world. make it so the areas change over time, one map each 2 weeks, starting with orr cause zaitan has been dead for over a year and still they haven’t taken back even a cm of land yet omgwtfbbqsauce
- more recipes with different stat combinations, and no more silly recipes that require more then 2 of a single material (eg 20 beets for refugee beet soup.. rly?) and no more consumables with stats that already exist.
- make more repeatable achievements (and more achievements overall). make the repeatable achievements infinite, each time you complete them they give more points, but they also become harder (eg salvage achievement. 1st time: 100×1.1^(0) #salvages, 2nd: 100×1.1^(1), .. salvage achievement for the 100th time: 100×1.1^(99). the 100th time you complete you’d need 1.252.783 salvages)
- more jumping puzzles! they are great :P
- link forum and ingame accounts so you can get achievements based on how active you are on the forums.
- no more RNG boxes (/sactastic tone: “thanks Gnashblade”)
- devs respond to every thread they read, even if its just a automated message that reads “we have read your thread and are considering what you posted” or something, that way players will feel a lot more heard, right now people are thinking the devs don’t care and don’t read.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

- the next election would be better as a more European style democracy, with more then just 2 parties to choice from. i like the multi-votes-per-person system ONLY cause this is a game
- CHAIRS for the rp community.. they have been asking since forever, or at least crutches without back support to prevent some clipping issues.
- id want them to make dyes acc bound again, so i can look good on all my alts, without having to spend 1000 gold to unlock all dyes. also make dye achievements and titles like artist if you unlock 150 dyes
- click on a craftable recuired item for a recipe and go to the recipe for that item (omnomberry compote in omnomberry bar recipe; ball of dough in every pie recipe; tomato sauce in…)
- player housing/advanced home instance decorating system. (become the majoy of your patch in divinitys reach cause you where traherns lacky for so long, design your lab to be better suited for your brainstorming sessions, gather different kinds of booze for your homestead,..)
- give the karma % gain the same treatment as magic find, and i would say gold % too, but that will increase the inflation aaaaaand.. no
- post the “you bought gems in this month, here is your reward” in stead of keeping it hidden untill you actually send out the mails (wintersday is a great example, though the numbers (2k gems) are kinda silly). this will insentavise people to buy gems once each month, in stead of just when they need too.
- an in game browser of the wiki in stead of an alt tab out would be a nice addition as well
- i like a lot of the “do this and if you are good enough at it you get a mini” minis, as it proves you actually have done something besides buy it from the trade post, more of these would be awesome!
- solve the content id thing with youtube, we know gw2s stance on it, but people are still losing revenue nonetheless
- choir bell-> extreme edition with multiple intruments (flute, vuvuzela, bell,..) and more songs!
- complex riddles and puzzles, cause we all know some people are too bookah to solve them on there own, but they will just have to type /wiki NameOfThePuzzleHere to get the solution and all the asura will just get a kick out of that
- one for the forums: the error message that pops up when you try to click the reply button after making a long list, that tells you your message must be 5001 characters or less, should tell you how many characters you are over the limit, cause now i’m just going to have to split my post into 2

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

This was about what we expect, not what we dream for btw…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. The end of Scarlet. Not because I hate her, but because at some point, her story (such as it is) has to have a logical conclusion. Kill her, turn her into a Dragon minion, I don’t care, but I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that her time is over, and we need something/someone else.

2. Tabs for armor/weapon sets. If I am doing a dungeon, I wear (X) armor, and if I am doing general PvE, I wear (Y) armor. If I am in WvW, I wear (Z) armor. It takes me 15 minutes just to get to the bank, change weapons and armor, find the re-traiter, set my traits, and then head out. I would give my eye teeth for build tabs that would automatically change your armor, weapons, and traits. Even if it cost me silver each time I changed…as long as it doesn’t cost me gold.

3. Adjustments to the risk vs rewards in areas above level 10 and below level 80. The zones are beautiful! How about you give us a REASON to go back to them?

4. GUILD TOOLS!!! I know I’ve harped about it, but can we please have a “last online” feature? How about a “Sort by: (criterion)” tool? Maybe a
“guild leader only” tool to be able to mass mail the whole guild? The key is that we need more administration tools to make running a guild easier.

5. Finally, I would love to see more territory. Isle of Janthir? Far Shiverpeaks? Crystal Desert? Maguuma? How about the Ring of Fire?

Things I expect to see?

1. The end of Scarlet. Regardless of how they do it, I think they’ll end her one way or the other.

2. LS involving those big thumper machines, although I fully expect them to have something to do with Scarlet.

3. (This is a hope/expect/wish) New ways to gain BiS gear without having to either craft oneself into the poorhouse or whip out the credit card. Until they do this, I won’t have Ascended anything nor will I have a legendary.

Cheers!

Level 80 Elementalist

Let`s speculate

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Over 7 Million copies of GW1 sold. GW2 currently stands around 3.5 Million copies sold.

An impressive stat on both games, but if GW2 were an initial release with no previous knowledge or backing of a game with over 7 million sold, I’d guess GW2 would be half or less of 3.5million.

To say GW1 Vets don’t hold any player base is untrue, many of the players who initially purchased GW2 (2.5 million copies within a month of release), were GW1 players, including myself. Many have since left however.

Just to add a few hardboiler points, GW1 is one of the best selling RPG Online Multiplayer game to date, even ranking among top PC games to be produces.

I understand why ArenaNet critiques GW1, and also respect players who disliked GW1. But the point is the game held and still holds a stable playerbase.

As far as the Manifesto goes, it was designed to appeal to players, and it did, which is why it is still brought to discussion over a year later.

7 million copies sold over eight some odd years. I highly doubt GW1 had NEARLY those sales in their first year (If I recall correctly, that first year was in the realm of 750,000).

As I had mentioned before in a thread that was deleted, there IS a niche that CAN support non-traditional MMOs. EVE and Guild Wars 1 demonstrate that.

Now, the question I think should be asked is why Arena.net decided to push outside the niche they had carved for themselves and if that was a good idea. At least, that’s the question that I wonder about.

Because this, in my opinion, was largely inevitable. Once Arena.net expanded their company, their overhead, and their goals… this sort of catering to the content locusts was going to happen. It had to if GW2 was going to remain solvent.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

*Hope to see:

-New weapons for professions, and or, new ability’s for current weapons.
-Extending of the actual storyline (Elder Dragons)
-The opening of new zones with an actual reason to go there.

*Expect to see:

-1 new skill added to each profession.
-Some living story involving the end of Scarlet.
-The transforming of an old zone or two in an effort to attract players back to it.
-Announcement of WvW season 2, which will feature more rewards players can achieve in under 2 hours outside of WvW.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: DeadlyWaffle.2476

DeadlyWaffle.2476

All i want is capes , yes cape, that may sound stupid but it’s a little thing that i’m missing from others mmorpg games i’ve played

Let`s speculate

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

A skin wardrobe and stat locker!

Let`s speculate

Immensus.9732

I do like GW2 and I do wish they introduced something amazing… But when things like this come out ( notice it’s only some raw alpha footage ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh_73qvfI8Y, it’s gonna be tough… And when I say “tough”, they’re gonna do something better than introducing Scarlet-like stories…:/

Yeah ive seen that, gw2 mechanics look laughable when you watching this footage, but is just footage we havent got our hands on it yet.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I do like GW2 and I do wish they introduced something amazing… But when things like this come out ( notice it’s only some raw alpha footage ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh_73qvfI8Y, it’s gonna be tough… And when I say “tough”, they’re gonna do something better than introducing Scarlet-like stories…:/

Yeah ive seen that, gw2 mechanics look laughable when you watching this footage, but is just footage we havent got our hands on it yet.

That’s true…

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

7 million copies sold over eight some odd years. I highly doubt GW1 had NEARLY those sales in their first year (If I recall correctly, that first year was in the realm of 750,000).

As I had mentioned before in a thread that was deleted, there IS a niche that CAN support non-traditional MMOs. EVE and Guild Wars 1 demonstrate that.

Now, the question I think should be asked is why Arena.net decided to push outside the niche they had carved for themselves and if that was a good idea. At least, that’s the question that I wonder about.

Because this, in my opinion, was largely inevitable. Once Arena.net expanded their company, their overhead, and their goals… this sort of catering to the content locusts was going to happen. It had to if GW2 was going to remain solvent.

But you cannot compare the amount sold between the two games during the first year, since GW1 was not a sequel to an already best selling game. But statistically speaking, if GW2 truly does outperform GW1, then in 7 years, it should sell over 7 million copies.
To demonstrate another example, you can look at the stats of units sold on sims 2 to sims 3. Sims 3 outsold sims 2 in the first month, but ultimately sims 2 dominated sims 3 in the long run, clearly showing the favored game.

Hype and backing from a previous success with the same name goes a long way in the release of a sequel, because the consumer expects the same quality or better. But once the intitial hype passes, the true stats appear. If GW2 continues to sell units on an exceptional level, then no doubt it will surpass GW1 in the time frame GW1 had.

But comparing the GW2 model to the convential marketing model, I will be in awe if it happens do to the statement that they want to provide expansion style content via living story versus conventional expansion.

Expansions can be marketed as a game, whether tv, radio, newspaper, etc. An in game update/patch released every two weeks will not get the same publicity or consideration, regardless on how it stacks up in the end of a fiscal year.

But I would love to see ArenaNet prove conventional statistics wrong and provide exceptional content with the support of microtransactions, without needing to design expansions. Time will tell the truth, it always does.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I expect this:

Jan – Remainder of LS, this will extend into Feb/March. Finally will be done with the Scarlett story arc.

March to June – QoL Improvements, Ramped up testing for EotM, teasers about new permanent content coming to Tyria. Balance changes to classes. Basically all the stuff they have been putting off a year and a half.

June to August – UI update with customizable UI, limited housing updates, EotM almost ready for live servers, Announcement of full fledged expansion to be released Dec. 2014- Jan. 2015.

August to December – EotM finished up, new intro quests into the next phase of updates appear (leading into the expansion). Expansion details released piecemeal. Wouldn’t expect any updates here beyond teaser info/ minor QoL.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

But you cannot compare the amount sold between the two games during the first year, since GW1 was not a sequel to an already best selling game. But statistically speaking, if GW2 truly does outperform GW1, then in 7 years, it should sell over 7 million copies.
To demonstrate another example, you can look at the stats of units sold on sims 2 to sims 3. Sims 3 outsold sims 2 in the first month, but ultimately sims 2 dominated sims 3 in the long run, clearly showing the favored game.

Hype and backing from a previous success with the same name goes a long way in the release of a sequel, because the consumer expects the same quality or better. But once the intitial hype passes, the true stats appear. If GW2 continues to sell units on an exceptional level, then no doubt it will surpass GW1 in the time frame GW1 had.

But comparing the GW2 model to the convential marketing model, I will be in awe if it happens do to the statement that they want to provide expansion style content via living story versus conventional expansion.

Expansions can be marketed as a game, whether tv, radio, newspaper, etc. An in game update/patch released every two weeks will not get the same publicity or consideration, regardless on how it stacks up in the end of a fiscal year.

But I would love to see ArenaNet prove conventional statistics wrong and provide exceptional content with the support of microtransactions, without needing to design expansions. Time will tell the truth, it always does.

On the contrary, the only way to fairly judge is to compare them year by year.

Because the claim isn’t that the old veterans don’t have an impact; it’s that the old veterans don’t have ENOUGH impact to carry GW2 on their own.

With the higher overhead Arena.net now has, 7 million sales over 8 years would be, frankly, a failure (bear in mind, those 7 million sales came in the form of 3 full games and 1 expansion). Most AAA developers of Arena.net’s size only break even at around the 2-3 million mark (which even then is a rough estimate, and not taking DLC or subscription or cash shop revenues into account… but also bear in mind outside of subscription fees, those elements have development costs of their own tied into them).

Arena.net made the decision to go big with GW2. Which means they needed a bigger audience.

And my suspicion is that they would like to avoid the expansion model because that sort of thing requires a lot of upfront money to get off the ground (production of a physical item isn’t free, after all). But if they can entice gem store sales through the Living World and/or Story… and provide expansion level content through it… that would likely get them more money in the long run.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

More rng fun!
’’balance’’ patches
5 min instance of a month long LS
more scarlet
warrior new heal made better preview december 10, 2014
rush/bulls rush and other skills patch preview december 10, 2014
0.0000001% less rng
necro terror opness gettin rework december 10, 2014 then suddenly its lost
arah made so hard that its undoable! Exiciting!

On the serious side
all world bosses will give 1 extra blue
random invisible immobilize while walkin with no one around issue patch preview december 10, 2014
dodge and spin camera to go oppisite way then camera flips back for yolo mode bug fix preview december 10, 2014
eles and guards finely are able to deal dmg while not going full zerker like other classes preview december 10, 2014

I love you anet but plz stahp dis.

almost forgot
Mounts preview december 10, 2014 but suddenly no because forumwarriors.
pve dueling preview december 10, 2014

ahaha made my day.. sometimes things like this help in this sadness

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m hoping they will take a serious look at the downed-state mechanic and rally system, especially in regards to WvW.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

That is extremely good gameplay footage for Everquest Next considering that is Alpha or pre Alpha gameplay, by the time it launches it will most likely improve drastically.
The launch of Landmark will speed up the development of Next the more players are in it building things.
I just really hope GW2 can announce/release an expansion in 2014 or I’m not sure how the living story releases can compete with the new games releasing.

Let`s speculate

Aeonblade.8709

That is extremely good gameplay footage for Everquest Next considering that is Alpha or pre Alpha gameplay, by the time it launches it will most likely improve drastically.
The launch of Landmark will speed up the development of Next the more players are in it building things.
I just really hope GW2 can announce/release an expansion in 2014 or I’m not sure how the living story releases can compete with the new games releasing.

They cannot compete, which is why I expect an expac announcement in the next 1-2 months. Otherwise, I just don’t see this game going anywhere fast. The development pace as been snail speed for a year and a half, I honestly believe at this point they have a mostly done expansion already ready, and this is a marketing ploy of some kind. Nothing makes sense otherwise. Where did the development go? You can’t tell me the entire team works weeks to bring us 2-3 hours of temporary content…

I’m fairly confident Anet has an expansion waiting for damage control, but I have no proof of course. I hope they do, I’m rooting for you guys and gals

Let`s speculate

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

They cannot compete, which is why I expect an expac announcement in the next 1-2 months. Otherwise, I just don’t see this game going anywhere fast. The development pace as been snail speed for a year and a half, I honestly believe at this point they have a mostly done expansion already ready, and this is a marketing ploy of some kind. Nothing makes sense otherwise. Where did the development go? You can’t tell me the entire team works weeks to bring us 2-3 hours of temporary content…

I’m fairly confident Anet has an expansion waiting for damage control, but I have no proof of course. I hope they do, I’m rooting for you guys and gals

Unfortunately I’m afraid they are most likely not even working on an expansion or even considering it for the foreseeable future.
I think they were originally planning one when the game first launched but switched all the dev focus to 2 week releases instead.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

I expect nothing but dissapointment.

You know when I first started playing guild wars 2 at launch I was thrilled for the game!
It was fresh, it was nice.
I speculated with my guild what that purple crystal mark on the map was, and what is that stony desert west of the sylvari jungle – I was hoping for a super awesome exspansion to SEE those places.
But now ca one and half year later, I can only hope for another sanctum living story – which has been the only good new and explorable area added to the game.
Im done with hoping for anything better, everything Anet has promised they have failed with, everything they have delievered has been a dissapointment, it’s been MODERATE “meh” updates all year round and I’ve had enough of it a couple of times, even taken some breakes that lasted 2 months each. And everytime I got back there’s wasnt much changed and just some content that I finnished within a day or two and then nothing.

Im done with Anet, and I look forward for The witcher 3 and ESO, might even look into WoW again. And people don’t put your hopes up for Wildstar either, remember Ncsoft is behind that too.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Spidyr.5287

Spidyr.5287

Well this was a buzzkill. I just started playing GW2, and even though I’m late to the party, I’m loving it! How can people hate on it this much? I pretty much despise WoW so I’m not sure how people are saying they might go back to WoW, the least interactive, least immersive, most gear based, calculator combat ever invented. The combat, the questing system, are all far better here in my rookie humble opinion.
I’ll admit that I never really got into GW1, but from my limited experience with it, it was entirely instanced right? No open world filled with other players, if you left town at all it was an instance. Anyways, I like this much better.

The sharpest sword cannot compare to the sharpest mind.

Let`s speculate

Aeonblade.8709

Well this was a buzzkill. I just started playing GW2, and even though I’m late to the party, I’m loving it! How can people hate on it this much? I pretty much despise WoW so I’m not sure how people are saying they might go back to WoW, the least interactive, least immersive, most gear based, calculator combat ever invented. The combat, the questing system, are all far better here in my rookie humble opinion.
I’ll admit that I never really got into GW1, but from my limited experience with it, it was entirely instanced right? No open world filled with other players, if you left town at all it was an instance. Anyways, I like this much better.

It’s the “New Girlfriend” situation. Everything is great, you guys love each other, the first 6 months are wonderful. Then she starts nagging you, telling you to do this this and this or you’ll never amount to anything or earn anything. And you think, well I love her, but kitten , I can’t put up with this forever! Then you hang around for extended amounts of time hoping “she can change, I know she can.”

Most players are in the second phase of the new relationship on the forums, but don’t let it get you down. If you are enjoying the game, that is what’s important

Let`s speculate

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

It’s the “New Girlfriend” situation. Everything is great, you guys love each other, the first 6 months are wonderful. Then she starts nagging you, telling you to do this this and this or you’ll never amount to anything or earn anything. And you think, well I love her, but kitten , I can’t put up with this forever! Then you hang around for extended amounts of time hoping “she can change, I know she can.”

Most players are in the second phase of the new relationship on the forums, but don’t let it get you down. If you are enjoying the game, that is what’s important

Haha! true!
This is the greatest analogy of a game playerbase I have ever read. Well done!

Let`s speculate

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Lol, never thought of it that way, but kitten is that true!
After soo many disappointments with patches, its hard to have hope for any new ones. I still like the game, but its really getting old with all these temporary contents stuff (and not listening to what the players ask for).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I hope ANET will give us something big to compete with all of the new MMOs coming out. PvP really needs new game modes. This game is perfect for 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 arenas. I don’t understand why we don’t have this. Wildstar will have arenas right out of the gate. I know pvpers from WoW, SWTOR, and GW 2 are dying for some exciting and intense PvP.

PvE needs new zones to explore. New dungeons, and of course all new gear. An expansions worth fo content is needed.

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Lol… well this thread speaks volumes. I hope they get an expansion and player housing going. Maybe not even a traditional expansion, but a “world” expansion where they openup some new areas. I always have tried to stay positive because it always felt like GW2 was driven by good, hard working people with good intentions. However, the game has fallen flat on its face ever since the living story took over. Until they put together something compelling and add some new zones and player housing, I’ll be playing a different game that has those things. #cough SKYRIM #cough

Let`s speculate

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Wishlist:

• MASSIVE weapon extension either by adding an alternative second full set of skills for each existing weapon, and/or adding new weapons for each class from the existing weapon pool, and/or totally new weapons (at least 5-6 of them) added to the game.

*Player housing. Without the requirment of crafting, collecting or whatever, without things like “once/day” limitations. Tables, chairs, beds, pictures, doors, lights, tons of decoration, based on gold as a currency. TONS OF CULTURAL items, such as planty things for sylvari (walls full of roses / choice of color etc.), force field desks and hologram decoratives for asura, raw hide covered carved things for norn, etc. etc.

• Continue the personal story. Give us choices again, like you did at character creation. Make it versatile and race specific. It was really a disappointment to play the very same story with all of my characters from lv30, especially after watching Ree Soesbee so emotionally speaking about how it’s really our story (trailer). Voiceovers for MY character I can listen to anytime in the future somehow. Changing faction option without limitation. Adding repeatable living world story for them, like X or Y (NOT. NOT. I reapeat NOT Scarlet) attacks the people of Z village / town, and you are sent there by the Vigil to protect them. Or steal information from Divinity’s Reach palace for the Order of Whispers. Explore caves and combine magical artifacts with the Pirory to gain knowledge, travel to alternate world fragments as mini instances. All with voiceover INCLUDING my character. He/she is a character, not an empty vessel. That’s what makes the relation between GW2 players and character different from other MMO’s same relation type. And ANet seems to don’t care about it anymore, personal story over, bye, see you at the expans… oh.
  • 3-4 more full sets of cultural armor PER armor time, so overall at least 12 for each race that doesn’t costs a fortune. Like, alternative kitten, T3. And no, not with lazy minimal modifications (thinking about flamewalker armor here in the gem store).

Let`s speculate

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I would deeply like to see at some point in the future a customized HuD to avoid this sort of scenerio.

In a game based on animation..a picture of fire shaman sitting directly over fire shaman so you can’t see fire shamans animations.

I do not understand this complaint. Are you upset that you failed to adjust your own camera angle to match your field of view with your target? How is that relevant to this thread?

I think people are just angry that they marketed the game as grind-free, sold tons of units based on that premise, and then were already planning the massive grind that is Ascended gear before the game was even launched.

The problem is, that those people do not have the understanding to grasp their own decisions are the cause of this. I am sorry, but if your complaining that you chose to grind to earn what you need for a 5% increase, then you need to learn who is actually to blame for that decision. They held true to what they offered in this case particularly. The simple fact that you can always buy gems and convert them to gold to buy materials for ascended gear proves that you chose to grind. Even if you do not like the choices, that doesn’t mean they are not their. All you doing is making false claims, stating that they offer you no choice, simply because you may not like the choices. You may continue to complain that you are required to grind all you like. I assure you that you are not required to do it at all. The problem is not with Anet in this case, it is your absolute lack of acceptance of this fact that is the problem.

you cannot compare the amount sold between the two games during the first year, since GW1 was not a sequel to an already best selling game. But statistically speaking, if GW2 truly does outperform GW1, then in 7 years, it should sell over 7 million copies.

Copies sold is irrelevant. Income is what matters, and right now, the sales+income via gem store is blowing away the level of income GW1 had.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Let`s speculate

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

there really needs to be guild alliances + alliance chat, right now it’s really weak, especially the guild system, no declarable actual “guild wars” in a game called guild wars 2.