Let's talk about Amalgamated Gemstones.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sansarah.3076

Sansarah.3076

How about you craft it like the rest of us who actually have spent this amount? It’s a legendary, it should be hard to get or cost you for creating it.
I don’t want a kitten ton of people running around with the new legendaries simply because they can’t spend the money for it. It should be hard. Otherwise it will simply be like all other legendaries in the game that everyone have.

Again as someone whose made one already. Try being a bit more objective.
The same i got mine so everyone else should be bent over crowed rearing its head again.

AG’s have a very finite supply, with a limitless demand at the current time. They need desperately to increase the ways to acquire them so that we don’t end up in the Silver Doubloon/Charged Loadstone situation again.

I’ve said my piece on this, and no i don’t believe just fixing the market for dust will solve the issue. I’m firmly on the side of making them tied into dungeons or becoming map rewards.

I saved my gold for new legendaries and I’ve been waiting for it. So yes, I spent the amount needed to get the items. It did cost me quite a bit to craft my Astralaria. I didn’t buy the items straight from the start like a lot of people did. I did it when the prices were high and I’d do it again. I intend to do it again for my next legendary as well and I’m still not complaining about the prices.

Stop complaining, It’s only gold. Gold can be farmed. If you don’t want to pay for it, then don’t, use an ascended weapon instead or exotic for that matter while you slowly get the mats needed.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the stones. The prices will go down if people stop buying them, it’s that simple.

I’ve already gotten 28 gemstones for my next legendary when being totally drained of materials. It’s easy to get more, It just takes a little time if you don’t want to buy them straight off.

(edited by Sansarah.3076)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

No offense to those of you who toiled away to make legendaries…. HoT or core game….. but they are all pretty disappointing imho.

I’ve made frostfang and the predator….. and tbh everything else is just glitter or rainbows…. and that is not exactly my cup of tea.

Hell i even have my frostfang transmuted to something else 99% of the time.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

How about you craft it like the rest of us who actually have spent this amount? It’s a legendary, it should be hard to get or cost you for creating it.
I don’t want a kitten ton of people running around with the new legendaries simply because they can’t spend the money for it. It should be hard. Otherwise it will simply be like all other legendaries in the game that everyone have.

Again as someone whose made one already. Try being a bit more objective.
The same i got mine so everyone else should be bent over crowed rearing its head again.

AG’s have a very finite supply, with a limitless demand at the current time. They need desperately to increase the ways to acquire them so that we don’t end up in the Silver Doubloon/Charged Loadstone situation again.

I’ve said my piece on this, and no i don’t believe just fixing the market for dust will solve the issue. I’m firmly on the side of making them tied into dungeons or becoming map rewards.

I saved my gold for new legendaries and I’ve been waiting for it. So yes, I spent the amount needed to get the items. It did cost me quite a bit to craft my Astralaria. I didn’t buy the items straight from the start like a lot of people did. I did it when the prices were high and I’d do it again. I intend to do it again for my next legendary as well and I’m still not complaining about the prices.

Stop complaining, It’s only gold. Gold can be farmed. If you don’t want to pay for it, then don’t, use an ascended weapon instead or exotic for that matter while you slowly get the mats needed.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the stones. The prices will go down if people stop buying them, it’s that simple.

I’ve already gotten 28 gemstones for my next legendary when being totally drained of materials. It’s easy to get more, It just takes a little time if you don’t want to buy them straight off.

Congrats ?

I too have completed Astralaria and the requirements for AG are absurd.

Stop complaining though as you still have that lovely grind to get there instead of it actually being legendary it’s still the same gold grind as the previous legendaries.

No one is forcing you to make anything, so we may as well all play the game naked and just discard all our gold anyway right ?

The prices will continue to go up as yet again you missed out on the day in economics where they covered items with a finite supply and infinite demand…..But it’s okay ignore the problem because as i’ve already stated.

“You got yours, so everyone else better suffer like you”

It’s that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority that hoard gold like skirtts hoard junk.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

You’re crafting a legendary, expect it to be grindy…

I’m crafting astralaria, currently vol.3 and being overwhelmed by how much time and mats it’s needed to craft, but that’s the fun! it’s fun!

Sansarah.3076

Congrats ?

I too have completed Astralaria and the requirements for AG are absurd.

Stop complaining though as you still have that lovely grind to get there instead of it actually being legendary it’s still the same gold grind as the previous legendaries.

No one is forcing you to make anything, so we may as well all play the game naked and just discard all our gold anyway right ?

The prices will continue to go up as yet again you missed out on the day in economics where they covered items with a finite supply and infinite demand…..But it’s okay ignore the problem because as i’ve already stated.

“You got yours, so everyone else better suffer like you”

It’s that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority that hoard gold like skirtts hoard junk.

I’d hardly say that playing with ascended weapons instead of legendaries is called being naked tbh. If you had that sort of mentality, you wouldn’t be in here complaining about prices for legendaries to begin with. So no, nobody is forcing you to buy the gemstones or the mats for them. Ascended gear is more than sufficient for any matter of gaming you wish to do. Legendary items is just for flare.

I can agree that the supply doesn’t meet the demand, which should be addressed. But you come from the side that you have to actually buy everything instead of making it on your own by transforming materials for example.

You speak about my mentality, but what about your own? You come here and assume that everyone thinks like you do. That everyone want it easy, that everyone hates the grind. I feel that, at least a little bit of an achievement should be felt when crafting something like this. So I don’t mind it being expensive, I like it that way. It’s part of creating a legendary, that people should know the work you put in.
Tbh, your mentality ruins it for the people who enjoy the game being hard. That have invested a large amount of time and effort into thing like this. So don’t go calling me out on my mentality when you are just the same. We all play the game differently.

I understand the fact that you are comparing my opinions to the idea that, because I have one of the new legendaries already, I don’t mind it being expensive because everyone shall suffer like I did.
Which isn’t entirely true. I think that everyone should suffer. Period. When crafting a legendary, it should be hard. It should be grindy, it should take a long time. So you can get a good feeling of accomplishing something. Others should know it as well when you equip your legendary.

Like I said I am crafting my second one atm. So I am in the exact same seat as you. I also have to pay a huge amount of gold for the gemstones if I want them right now.
I’m still not yelling about the prices and no, this ain’t because I already got one. I still want another one just as much as you want yours.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Which isn’t entirely true. I think that everyone should suffer. Period. When crafting a legendary, it should be hard. It should be grindy, it should take a long time. So you can get a good feeling of accomplishing something. Others should know it as well when you equip your legendary.

No, no, no, no, no!

1. Noone is against it that legendary’s are hard to get. Collections 1-4 are HARD and expensive and it’s fine and great!
2. You need to spend way more time for the new legendary’s than every single old legy! And on top of that you need to spend 500-2000 MORE gold on the new ones. This extreme difference is wrong!
3. The biggest problem is that there are 13 more legy to come. These gemstones are currently already way to expensive. If anet does nothing the price will only rise into amounts that are just crazy.
4. What on earth did someone accomplish differently who bought all gemstones for 100g 2 month ago in difference to someone who has to buy them today for 850g? I tell you: nothing! That these people now think everyone should suffer for their legy and they should be more expensive for their own prestige, only shows the unbelievable arrogance some people have.
5. Everyone doing one of the new legy’s now really suffers and shows way more dedication than everyone who bought it cheaply 2 month ago. Even if the gemstones price would be cut in half it’s still way more expensive than the old ones.
6. About the last two quoted sentences above: Everthing I would write about them would surely result into my post being deleted, so please just read again what you wrote and think about it for a second.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Sansarah.3076

4. What on earth did someone accomplish differently who bought all gemstones for 100g 2 month ago in difference to someone who has to buy them today for 850g? I tell you: nothing! That these people now think everyone should suffer for their legy and they should be more expensive for their own prestige, only shows the unbelievable arrogance some people have.

I paid a similar amount for my gemstones as today’s prices. It’s true that they have gone up a little bit, but it’s nowhere near as low as you say. Simply assuming, doesn’t make it a fact.
Tbh, you are quite arrogant yourself in assuming such a thing when I have stated quite a few times that I don’t mind the prices. Neither for me, or for anyone.

Considering how bloody easy it is to craft one of the old legendaries today compared to how it was at the start of the game. It should raise the bar once again to match today’s economy.

I’m not even going to bother with the rest of your post. Considering we totally different in too many regards of how we enjoy the game.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

That s how economics work since 5000 years.

The Empire State Building : 1930 -> 41 M. $, 2016 u would need 636 M. $ to build it today.

And the legendarys are the only real high Goldsink for ANET since the start of the game.

1 gold in game = 1g in game

If you haven’t noticed the problem with what your stating…you basing the dollar value which has long been weighted against the worth of gold to something that has no defined weight or value.

Hence your analogy is bunk.

The dollar hasn’t been based on the gold standard for almost a century.

Not gold, it’s oil now.

No it’s not.

Yeah, tell me more about the Petrodollar

Oil is tied to the dollar, not the other way around. If the dollar strengthens, oil drops. However, if oil drops it doesn’t strengthen a weak dollar except in the most tangential way.

If countries start buying and selling oil with other currencies, the Dollar will grow weak, demand for dollars will drop

That isn’t an accurate statement.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If you guys really want a lower price then you should be campaigning to reduce the price of T3-5 dust. There are millions and millions of lower tier crystals that are flooding the market, but they can’t be upgraded because dust is too expensive.

Instead of asking for flat out price nerfs that will never happen in 1000 years, look for the root causes of the prices, in this case, dust, and ask for the drop rate there to be changed.

Of course the devs already know this, which is why radiant dust has dropped 50% in price the last month since its drop rate was adjusted. Now they just need to add another source and do similar things for T3 and 5 dust.

This is the best suggestion so far.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All but incandescent dust and crystalline dust can be directly farmed. They just need to add incandescent dust as a direct drop off something.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

Or they could add a random crest/orb to the dungeon rewards. That would solve two problems at once. The attractiveness of doing dungeons and the price of orbs would balance each other.

I guess I will work on the other gifts before continuing the gemstone grind and just see if Anet intervenes somehow. It’s not like mystic coins are getting any cheaper either…

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

No kitten it’s a legendary, got plenty of them and I know what goes into building one. No kitten it’s grindy and expensive.
You’ve missed the whole point – AG going up in price at ridiculous pace…40s+ since yesterday when I commented on this topic. They’ll be 1000g+ soon enough for a stack. That’s what I’m expecting (hoping not to) spend on them while finishing off my precursor. That’s stupid. If this doesn’t get attention they’ll be absurdly priced in a few months, people wont even bother making a HoT legendary.

All the big boys who are talking kitten about spending a lot of gold for a legendary, gratz man, I’ve spent kittenloads for my legendaries and willing to spend more, obviously, but read the topic and see what the actual problem is. ****.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

The Empire State Building : 1930 -> 41 M. $, 2016 u would need 636 M. $ to build it today.

And the legendarys are the only real high Goldsink for ANET since the start of the game.

If you haven’t noticed the problem with what your stating…you basing the dollar value which has long been weighted against the worth of gold to something that has no defined weight or value.

Not gold, it’s oil now.

No it’s not.

Oil is tied to the dollar, not the other way around. If the dollar strengthens, oil drops. However, if oil drops it doesn’t strengthen a weak dollar except in the most tangential way.

If countries start buying and selling oil with other currencies, the Dollar will grow weak, demand for dollars will drop, that’s why the USA made a deal with Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries, if I want to buy oil from Saudi Arabia, I have to convert my Euro’s to Dollars and buy the oil, Saudi Arabia would then have to invest those Dollars in American firms.

Please take a basic macroeconomics course before you start saying stuff like that.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

So basically I can get exotic anything for my level 80 characters at a fair price. There’s a bit of price rise for newer sigils/insignias, but that is natural and will balance out. So long as exotics are fair-priced, the game is working as intended.

The economy is working fine in the game. Legendaries are…“legendary”. They are ridiculous and toilsome and nothing about a cool item skin or animation imbalances the rest of the game or the rest of the economy.

If people are unhappy that they can’t afford Legendaries, then well… they need to take some more consideration when thinking about the meaning of the word Legendary. If everyone had a legendary it would just be another gem store skin.

I don’t have any legendaries, and probably won’t ever unless I get some lucky drops that I can sell. And that is totally okay. I don’t have time to acquire that kind of wealth in game. I don’t need to be legendary and neither do any of you who can’t get close to acquiring a Legendary.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

so your complaining about the ONE item in gw2 that is actually expensive? sheesh why dont you just go enjoy buying some of the nice cheap yellow weapons that sell for 20 SILVER EACH gawd

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

On a related note, I haven’t yet unlocked legendary crafting – should I wait until I do before crafting these? (i.e. so they count towards achievements?) Or does simply having them in inventory count.

(edited by Day Trooper.3605)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think 23s buy order is ok for orb. If it go up more I think it is too much.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

2. You need to spend way more time for the new legendary’s than every single old legy! And on top of that you need to spend 500-2000 MORE gold on the new ones. This extreme difference is wrong!

This is soooo wrong. Please tell me your source because the price is almost identical, like 50-100 golds difference.

You complain about something you don’t even know. I guess you should stop to try to arguing more and be better informed about it.

Bomber.3872

This is soooo wrong. Please tell me your source because the price is almost identical, like 50-100 golds difference.

You complain about something you don’t even know. I guess you should stop to try to arguing more and be better informed about it.

That’s the difference^^ Most of the people here that write their kittens about how good the expensive legy’s are and how easy they are to get are (beside some elites that bought early and are special snowflakes) all people that don’t have any idea about legendary’s and precursors crafting. I don’t know why some people even post here, it’s hard to argue with people that have no idea how the game works.

But I’m happy to help! The price range of500-2000g can anyone check. If you are terrible at math (your 100g example shows that), check any legy building website. For example https://gw2efficiency.com/
Now check how much nevermore costs you to build! Currently: 2.666g (raising on a daily basis because of this kitten gemstones), then check bifrost (= legy staff too) → ~1.820g
If you want to check against other legy’s, twilight → 1.569g, take something more extreme, kraitkin = 1.032g!
(Yes I agree you can’t really compare it to kraitkin, because it’s crap. That’s why I wrote 500g (which was 100g less the nevermore – bifrost difference at the time I wrote) and up to 2.000g

Most important thing here is the new legendary have a stable price! The only thing raising daily for around 50g are the gemstones! That is the only item totally wrong with the new collections because it raises the price indefinitly! Whoever doesn’t see this currently, please don’t post anything kitten and just go first on any webside (reddit, wiki) and first check some facts and how the whole situation is currently!

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

That’s the difference^^ Most of the people here that write their kittens about how good the expensive legy’s are and how easy they are to get are (beside some elites that bought early and are special snowflakes) all people that don’t have any idea about legendary’s and precursors crafting. I don’t know why some people even post here, it’s hard to argue with people that have no idea how the game works.

But I’m happy to help! The price range of500-2000g can anyone check. If you are terrible at math (your 100g example shows that), check any legy building website. For example https://gw2efficiency.com/
Now check how much nevermore costs you to build! Currently: 2.666g (raising on a daily basis because of this kitten gemstones), then check bifrost (= legy staff too) -> ~1.820g
If you want to check against other legy’s, twilight -> 1.569g, take something more extreme, kraitkin = 1.032g!
(Yes I agree you can’t really compare it to kraitkin, because it’s crap. That’s why I wrote 500g (which was 100g less the nevermore – bifrost difference at the time I wrote) and up to 2.000g

Most important thing here is the new legendary have a stable price! The only thing raising daily for around 50g are the gemstones! That is the only item totally wrong with the new collections because it raises the price indefinitly! Whoever doesn’t see this currently, please don’t post anything kitten and just go first on any webside (reddit, wiki) and first check some facts and how the whole situation is currently!

It does matter how you compare these costs.

For example if you choose to buy The Legend (with buy order) at gw2efficiency, the price will go up to 2032g.

On the other hand if you watch closely: Nevermore crafting cost estimate uses Copper Doubloon with a 35s buy price and it is not the best idea, because you can make orbs/crests for 23s, so the price of 250 gemstones is 560g, not 840g.

But anyway, you are right, new legendaries are more expensive.

PS: 2666-1820-100 is not 500

Bomber.3872

It does matter how you compare these costs.

For example if you choose to buy The Legend (with buy order) at gw2efficiency, the price will go up to 2032g.

On the other hand if you watch closely: Nevermore crafting cost estimate uses Copper Doubloon with a 35s buy price and it is not the best idea, because you can make orbs/crests for 23s, so the price of 250 gemstones is 560g, not 840g.

But anyway, you are right, new legendaries are more expensive.

PS: 2666-1820-100 is not 500

Y, of course. My whole point was only that the older legy’s are ~500g – ~2.000g cheaper^^ and the orbs/crests are currently a little cheaper, but they are raising as fast as the gemstones^^
(And don’t pin me on the exact 2.000g, it might be 2.100 or only 1.900^^ )

(edited by Bomber.3872)

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

How do you craft them for 23s? I thought it was more like 30s since the 5 dust is around 25s and then the 2 crystals are around another 5s.

Do you mean mystic forging them?

Milkshake.4038

How do you craft them for 23s? I thought it was more like 30s since the 5 dust is around 25s and then the 2 crystals are around another 5s.

Do you mean mystic forging them?

Yes.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

On a related note, I haven’t yet unlocked legendary crafting – should I wait until I do before crafting these? (i.e. so they count towards achievements?) Or does simply having them in inventory count.

You can craft them now. I can only talk about Nevermore, but you need 250 ingots (aka 250 gemstones + fulgurites) for the Gift of Maguma, and one more gemstone at some point for the precursor.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Can honestly say after finishing Astralaria, i’m never going after any Gen 2 Legendary again due to step 4’s non-sense.

I’m with you on that – at least for the other two second generation weapons. I’ll reserve judgment on the next released set.

SBI

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to disagree (at least for now) with the OP. There was no real demand for any of the gemstones since we never got into ascended jewelry crafting. People may use exotic jewelry but the ascended ones drop enough, along with the ones you buy from currencies, that it makes the exotics obsolete. Now there is some function in the game for the gemstones, and that players can mine for as well. I would say let this one ride for now, if it has value people will go out and farm for it, and we should let them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

the problem is that you cannot really farm them and the supply is heavily outmatched by the demand.

also they are much more expensive AND time consuming than the older legendaries.
Take the pistols for an example, you can craft 2 quips for one hope:
Quip HOPE

laokoko.7403

the problem is that you cannot really farm them and the supply is heavily outmatched by the demand.

also they are much more expensive AND time consuming than the older legendaries.
Take the pistols for an example, you can craft 2 quips for one hope:
Quip HOPE

Anet might listen to you and raise the precursor price of Quip.

They have been consistently listening players feed back that way.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Not gold, it’s oil now.

No it’s not.

If countries start buying and selling oil with other currencies, the Dollar will grow weak, demand for dollars will drop

That isn’t an accurate statement.

Yeah it is.

laokoko.7403

I don’t even know how you guys jump from this argument

“Oil is tied to the dollar, not the other way around. If the dollar strengthens, oil drops. However, if oil drops it doesn’t strengthen a weak dollar except in the most tangential way.”

to that.

I don’t think the oil price would suddenly cause people to change currencies. Not to mention there is enough US dollar outside of US.

Are you guys discussing the rise of gem<→gold price?

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

His statement I quoted is correct.

Bomber.3872

Are you guys discussing the rise of gem<->gold price?

No that is totally fine! But the amalsomething gemstones price is crazy and Brocken buy design. It needs a fix more than anything else in gw2.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Bought 5000 Incandescend dust just in time it seems. And i had stockpiles of opel (and other) crystals. So I made my orbs that way. So i still made the ‘hoped for’ 500g cost tresshold for the orbs. Just in time it seems, this can only get worse. There WAAAAAAY less ori/ancient wood nodes then any other. And they still have about a 1/20 Orb drop rate. It will be already huge if eveyr player in game gets 1 orb a day this way. With more then 1 legendary demanded per day, 2250 orbs per legendary, this can only get worse.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Milkshake.4038

It seems that the price of incandescent dust is decreasing, the maximum buy order is 4.36s now. That means you can craft 1 orb from 26s.

Posted by: Nivelis.8763

Nivelis.8763

If you guys really want a lower price then you should be campaigning to reduce the price of T3-5 dust. There are millions and millions of lower tier crystals that are flooding the market, but they can’t be upgraded because dust is too expensive.

Instead of asking for flat out price nerfs that will never happen in 1000 years, look for the root causes of the prices, in this case, dust, and ask for the drop rate there to be changed.

Of course the devs already know this, which is why radiant dust has dropped 50% in price the last month since its drop rate was adjusted. Now they just need to add another source and do similar things for T3 and 5 dust.

yes + incandescent dust direct drop from something + orbs/crests as perma drop from dungeon chest

Ayrilana.1396

yes + incandescent dust direct drop from something + orbs/crests as perma drop from dungeon chest

Incandescent dust actually does have a few direct drops from things. I made the mistake thinking that it didn’t. Ascalonian ghosts in Fireheart Rise have a decent drop rate. They also have what seems like a fairly quick respawn.

laokoko.7403

Incandescent dust actually does have a few direct drops from things. I made the mistake thinking that it didn’t. Ascalonian ghosts in Fireheart Rise have a decent drop rate. They also have what seems like a fairly quick respawn.

I tried farming there. I think the rate is about 80 dust per hour. Which equals to about 4 gold + junk.

At least one good thing coming out of all this is it’s more profitable mining orichalcum ore now.

Ayrilana.1396

I tried farming there. I think the rate is about 80 dust per hour. Which equals to about 4 gold + junk.

At least one good thing coming out of all this is it’s more profitable mining orichalcum ore now.

Yeah. That’s roughly how much I figured I would get based on the 10 minutes I spent there. Like the majority of things it seems, it’s better to go for what yields the most gold, sell it, and then purchase what you want on the TP.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Apparently my asking for a dev quote from Reddit addressing the amalgamated gemstones was off topic to the dev quotes from Reddit thread. Fair enough. This thread is the closest I can find to the topic, so here is my post again:

The dev quote I’m looking for is the one that says y/n to plans to change the amalgamated gemstone recipe or requirements. I am perilously close to having only 249 amalgamated gemstones between me and HOPE (8 more PS runs through Buried Insight, 97 more crystalline ore, and a hunk of obsidian shards I can karma-buy, then all the amalgamateds). I find myself doing things other than playing GW2 because I am hanging fire on that decision from the Legendary team.

I don’t need to know what the change will be, just will there be a tweak to the recipe in the April patch or not? If not, I’ll start the tedious and expensive process of creating those gemstones and making my ingots, because dang but I want my pretty pistol. Same way MO gave a heads up on the fractal and wvw changes, this is a possibly imminent change that affects game play. I know there have been some Reddit and ANet forum threads asking this but I do not know if there has been a dev comment since the original “we’re looking into it” a while back.

So if anyone has found a dev comment on changes to amalgamated gemstones, lay it on me, please.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Apparently my asking for a dev quote from Reddit addressing the amalgamated gemstones was off topic to the dev quotes from Reddit thread. Fair enough. This thread is the closest I can find to the topic, so here is my post again:

The dev quote I’m looking for is the one that says y/n to plans to change the amalgamated gemstone recipe or requirements. I am perilously close to having only 249 amalgamated gemstones between me and HOPE (8 more PS runs through Buried Insight, 97 more crystalline ore, and a hunk of obsidian shards I can karma-buy, then all the amalgamateds). I find myself doing things other than playing GW2 because I am hanging fire on that decision from the Legendary team.

I don’t need to know what the change will be, just will there be a tweak to the recipe in the April patch or not? If not, I’ll start the tedious and expensive process of creating those gemstones and making my ingots, because dang but I want my pretty pistol. Same way MO gave a heads up on the fractal and wvw changes, this is a possibly imminent change that affects game play. I know there have been some Reddit and ANet forum threads asking this but I do not know if there has been a dev comment since the original “we’re looking into it” a while back.

So if anyone has found a dev comment on changes to amalgamated gemstones, lay it on me, please.

They generally don’t make specific comments ahead of time on what economic changes they are considering as people would use that information to buy or sell on the trading post ahead of time. At most they’ll say there looking at it.

The most recent thread I’ve seen was 2 months back. John Smith posted in a discussion on changing the recipe versus increasing the drop rate, which you can read here: Future of amalgamated gemstones

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The new legendaries and the associated crafting was a great,but now lost,chance
to bring balance to the system,lower the inflated to death prices,and increase the fun
factor of the game.
Instead we have bean counter choices like 2250 orbs and 1500 wood planks and thousands of all sorts of mats,that were introduced as a means to match the unjustified and already sky high prices,that were driven by the horrible mystic toilet RNG and loot drop rates.
So in order to not upset the market for a few hundreds of precursors in the TP,which
belong to even less players,thousands upon thousands of players have to cope with the immense grind.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Bomber.3872

Actually the gemstone price problem has already been solved by anet! There will be no more new legendary’s after the next and last legendary weapon (short bow). So we actually have only a limited use for the gemstones (→ They are only used for 4 legendary weapons), so after the last new weapon (introduction spike) the price for the gemstones will for sure fall.

So overall the market for the gemstones will fall or stabilize (but for sure not rise that extrem as we all expected before) and same goes for the mystic coins, they might not fall (because of legy backpack and other reasons) but at least they will stabilize and not rise much further.

Posted by: RIEen.9473

RIEen.9473

In general I wouldn’t expect much help on the price of a legendary. 1. They are supposed to be extremely expensive. They wouldn’t be as desired if everyone on the map has one (already a lot of people already do). 2. Those who used 250 AG at 3 gold each would be quite upset if the drop rate of the required mats increased and the price was stabilized to 1-2 gold or if the number required was dropped to 200 or so. All you can hope for is price volatility and put your buy orders in at the low end of the curve and wait. Currently the cost of a 1st gen legendary is down quite a bit from the drop in prices of T6 mats. As someone that spent 50% more them than the current price to make my legendaries last year, that is a little annoying.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They already implemented the fix. See the thread about legendary weapons. They removed all future demand for gemstones, thus ensuring the price will steadily fall over time. It might take a few months, but the price will eventually fall as more and more supply is getting made but there is no more use for them.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I think the problem is that the amalgamated gemstones make the new legendaries cost leaps and bounds MORE than the old ones, without actually being a superior weapon.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I know I did say “tedious and expensive” but for me the emphasis is on tedious. I can slowly buy the things over time like I did the components for Nightfury. However first I will use up my 3 years of orb accrual. There’s the tedious part, all that mystic forge dragging and dropping. There’s something wrong with my mouse set up that makes double clicking rather hard; I think I have the sensitivity high enough (to facilitate camera pans and mouse steering and getting my cursor to my other monitor with small mouse movements) that the pressure of the click moves the mouse a little so it doesn’t register the second click as a double. I’d have to lose a lot of QoL to fix that one issue.

So promoting lower tiers to orbs, and pulling stacks of three things to the forge to make 249 amalgamateds will be painful. (249 because I made one already to test the mix and match of the stacks of three). Also it will use up years of gathering to make less than a third of what I need for the ingots. I would certainly hate to consume all my resources and wear out my right forearm and then have them reduce the requirements two days later.

This is why I am asking not for details — heck, for all I know they’ll raise the requirements using ANet logic — but just an indication if any change is even being considered for the April patch. Open communications and all that. Even if they are considering a change but it won’t be in this month, then I’ll go ahead and make my ingots under the current system. I just don’t want to burn my bridges needlessly.